ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Disappointed in McCluster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234951)

chiefzilla1501 10-10-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 7079186)
I'd like to as well, but keep in mind that this is the guy that disregarded the 2009 draft by the Chiefs scouting team, and went with NE's scout draft. That didn't work out too well.

It didn't. But I don't think we've seen anything that leads us to believe that he doesn't trust his own guys. That's a much different story. If the Chiefs don't bring in a competitive QB in 2011, that's a different story. For now, I haven't seen anything that should lead us to believe that they have stubborn trust in him.

Brock 10-10-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7079190)
replacing your starting QB is in effect throwing in the towel for the season, a potential division championship and playoff berth.

No, it isn't.

dirk digler 10-10-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 7079181)
Well, at least they tried. That's all we're asking.

I understand completely I hate Cassel just as much as everybody else does.

dirk digler 10-10-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7079193)
No, it isn't.

IMO it is. If this was a situation where Cassel got injured and Croyle came in and played well so they keep him as the starter that is totally different than benching your starting QB at 3-1.

Titty Meat 10-11-2010 12:12 AM

I'll bet Cassel isn't back next year.

keg in kc 10-11-2010 04:42 AM

This might be a valid point to make if any wide receiver had done anything this season. Bowe is on pace to finish the year with 36 catches. Think about that for a second. 36. That's the guy who's supposed to be your number 1. Chambers only has 7 catches. Moeaki's the only player even close to on target for what he should have at his position.

All of which means one of three things: the quarterback is the issue, the #1/#2 receivers are the issue, or "all of the above". Whatever the answer, whether it's the QB or the starting receivers, it's going to kill the numbers for your #3. Who happens to himself be a rookie who's getting most of his touches out of the backfield, leading one to again wonder about the QB, since nobody except backs or tight ends are catching passes.

Reerun_KC 10-11-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7079297)
This might be a valid point to make if any wide receiver had done anything this season. Bowe is on pace to finish the year with 36 catches. Think about that for a second. 36. That's the guy who's supposed to be your number 1. Chambers only has 7 catches. Moeaki's the only player even close to on target for what he should have at his position.

All of which means one of three things: the quarterback is the issue, the #1/#2 receivers are the issue, or "all of the above". Whatever the answer, whether it's the QB or the starting receivers, it's going to kill the numbers for your #3. Who happens to himself be a rookie who's getting most of his touches out of the backfield, leading one to again wonder about the QB, since nobody except backs or tight ends are catching passes.

Watching the difference between the Colts Wr's and the Chiefs WR's was night and day...

I couldnt believe how quick, sharp and fast they were. They were in and out of their cuts 10 times faster than ours wr's. I promise you if we had Manning, Bowe and Chambers would have 2 or 3 new assholes each game. Manning would destroy their souls and eat their children... He wouldnt stand for the lazy crap they pull running routes...

Bowe made Randy Moss look like he cared yesterday....

keg in kc 10-11-2010 05:48 AM

That's hard to fathom on a team led by a temperamental former WR coach.

Reerun_KC 10-11-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7079308)

I agree.. We were stunned to say the least. There were several times that we sit there and :eek: wondering where the Hell is our shit QB going to go with the ball... They were cheating a safety over on Bowe all afternoon. Chambers was shutdown 1 on 1.

I figured as slow as this defense was, we would take more shots on screens and drag routes, like we did in the SF game...

There were alot of deeper patterns down the field yesterday... 15-30 yards downfield. I did think that Cassel had a very few opportunies yesterday, but with the coverage, there would of been alot of INTS...

Very disappointed in the game plan, leaving 10-13 points on the field of play.... Much different game if you dont onside kick, go for it on 4th and god forbid have Bowe ****ing catch a very catchable TD pass for a #1 WR in the NFL.

Simply Red 10-11-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7078649)
He looked insanely slow in the return game today.

this, and i'm not sure why.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-11-2010 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7079308)

I don't think the problem is Bowe or Chambers effort. Aside from Bowe's lack of concentration, the issue isn't their effort.

The issue is that Chambers and Bowe are both the same guy. They are both big physical receivers that will go up for a contested ball.... which is good since the reality is that they are slower guys that don't have 'quickness' in and out of breaks. So, they don't get 'wide open'.

A guy like that is great to have as a second or third WR. They are both hard to bring down once they get the ball in their hands.

But, to have them be the #1 option just doesn't cut it in the passing game.

They are great in the run game. Both are physical downfield blockers. And, the reality is that you can't fix everything in one, or even two offseasons. The Chiefs are playing to their strengths as much as possible.

But, the Chiefs MUST....yes, MUST get some guys that are a little quicker.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-11-2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7078650)
Cassel stares down one WR, and 95% of the time its not one thats more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.

The Colts played very disciplined ball yesterday. Cassel tried looking off the WR's several times. I noticed it more in this game than in any other. The secondary just didn't bite.

I was suprised given the youth..... but, I am sure they never felt 'uncomfortable'.... or like they could lose the game. They never felt they 'had' to make a play.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-11-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7079297)

The Chiefs are primarily a running team and will spread the ball around. Bowe doesn't do anything to help his chances of getting catches when he drops sure TD's and the play following it.

keg in kc 10-11-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 7079356)
The Chiefs are primarily a running team and will spread the ball around. Bowe doesn't do anything to help his chances of getting catches when he drops sure TD's and the play following it.

Circular logic which takes us right back to the question of why the chiefs are a running team, because they want to be or because they have to be, because of the QBs and receivers.

MahiMike 10-11-2010 07:20 AM

Could it be he's too short to throw to down field? It's difficult to get the correct angle on the man behind the coverage unless he's got 5 yards behind him or he's tall enough to reach up and out jump the defender. Short guys are good for the quick slants.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-11-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7079373)
Circular logic which takes us right back to the question of why the chiefs are a running team, because they want to be or because they have to be, because of the QBs and receivers.

I think it is because the WR's are better built to block than to catch...

Look at the game book.

Bowe was targeted 8 times. He came up with four catches...two easy drops.

Look at Moeaki. He was targeted 4 times, and had four catches.

Look at Chambers, targeted 3 times, had two catches, and one drop that was very close to a catch.

Bowe gets more chances than anyone on the offense and does the least with them.

bobbything 10-11-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7078679)
He has literally shown NOTHING of significance. He just catches shit out of the backfield.

I'll give him some leeway having only played in 4 games thus far. The only other rookie that's shown to be worth a damn this year is Moeaki.

Though, he made a nice move and catch on one of Indy's LB's yesterday, and made one other tough catch that was high (shocking, I know). It looks like the coaching staff is content with bringing him out of the backfield as a safety valve most of the time though.

It doesn't look like to me he's getting good matchups against linebackers. I haven't been watching him too intently though, so I don't know if he's just not getting open, if it's a coaching thing, or if Cassel just sucks and can't get him the ball. It's probably a combination of everything.

I don't see, though, how anyone could expect him to be a great receiver at his size. Even at the slot. Seems to me like he'd be much more productive on reverses, screens, and designed plays out of the backfield against slower linebackers. But, it looks like the coaching staff disagrees.

BigMeatballDave 10-11-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7079153)
Yes but once healthy, they stayed with Brady.

I just can't imagine Haley, Weis, Crennel and Pioli saying "Ah well, we're paying him, might as well play him, even though we'll likely lose".

I just cannot see that scenario playing itself out.

This is extremely frustrating. They have all watched Brady play. They know what good QB play looks like. How long will they let this go on?

Chiefnj2 10-11-2010 08:16 AM

Rookie receivers usually get off to a slow start. It's not like the kid can focus on just being a slot receiver. He's a returner, wildcat, RB, and receiver. That's a lot for a young player to digest.

Messier 10-11-2010 08:35 AM

I think someone mentioned awhile back that McCluster made a nice sideline grab, dragging his feet, on the play that was called back for holding. GoChiefs wanted a WR play, that qualifies.

MahiMike 10-11-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7079176)
I have an ass tumor. The doctor says there's a good chance that treatment of the ass tumor is going to fail. That really puts me in a pickle, I know.

I think the right decision is to just leave the tumor alone and hope it improves.

Come again?:eek:

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 11:15 AM

I'm seriously beginning to hate this little dreadlocked hobbit.

He creates the most exciting 5-yard gains in NFL history.

Mecca 10-18-2010 11:18 AM

McCluster is a gadget player and for him to really bring what he has the rest of the offense has to be clicking.

LaChapelle 10-18-2010 11:22 AM

With your history of calling out players and foes soon to be played
I love this thread :thumb:
:wink:

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 11:23 AM

Let me go ahead and call out Andy Studebaker too, then.

His pass rush blows. It's pretty obvious why he isn't starting, bullshit preseason sacks or not.

Mecca 10-18-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7099516)

His pass rush blows. It's pretty obvious why he isn't starting, bullshit preseason sacks or not.

Studebaker is the one who looks like the preseason myth at the moment. I think McCluster is a solid player that can do a lot of things it's just in this offense with Matt Cassel it limits his chances.

Deberg_1990 10-18-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7099516)

He made an excellent 1 handed tackle of Arian Foster yesterday. But thats just one play....

Titty Meat 10-18-2010 12:03 PM

Can we call out JAvier Arenas? His returns have sucked and he couldn't cover Owen Daniels worth a shit.

Mecca 10-18-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7099650)
Can we call out JAvier Arenas? His returns have sucked and he couldn't cover Owen Daniels worth a shit.

He's 5'8 190lbs, him getting beat by Owen Daniels is on the coaching not him. He's not big enough to cover a TE, that was just a coaching error asking him to do that.

OnTheWarpath15 10-18-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 7099670)
He's 5'8 190lbs, him getting beat by Owen Daniels is on the coaching not him. He's not big enough to cover a TE, that was just a coaching error asking him to do that.

And ultimately, a play of his had just as much to do with the outcome as any other.

3rd and 10, Texans in FG range, and Arenas lets Daniels drag him for 5 yards, giving Houston a 1st down and more cracks at the EZ.

Not that I think he would have seized the opportunity, but it would have been nice to see Cassel get a chance with time on the clock in a tie game.

Titty Meat 10-18-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7099684)
And ultimately, a play of his had just as much to do with the outcome as any other.

3rd and 10, Texans in FG range, and Arenas lets Daniels drag him for 5 yards, giving Houston a 1st down and more cracks at the EZ.

Not that I think he would have seized the opportunity, but it would have been nice to see Cassel get a chance with time on the clock in a tie game.

Yea dude it was a WTF moment IMO. And if his size is going to create so many mismatches why in the **** do you draft him in the 2nd round? I'm sorry but that is just a bad pick. period.

philfree 10-18-2010 12:31 PM

McCluster has 499 total yards. At this rate he'll have over 1500 total yards at the end of the season. Is that good for a multi purpose weapon? :shrug:

I suspect he'll have his break out game before to long.

PhilFree:arrow:

loochy 10-18-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7078658)
Let's make up our mind. Is it McCluster or the the QB Play? Is it the receivers or the QB?

Yes.

beach tribe 10-18-2010 12:36 PM

Believe it or not, Arenas is probably going to unseat Carr as early as next season.
Hopefully Carr is as good in the slot. No reason for JA to be covering a guy that size though.

Amnorix 10-18-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7078635)
Bla bla bla, he's a playmaker, he has two touchdowns already, whatever.

He has seven catches for 93 yards. 1/3 of that yardage came on one play. At least two of those are screen passes I believe.

That ****ing sucks.

This guy needs to be a threat as a WIDE RECEIVER. He hasnt made a single play down the field. I'm not even talking 20 yards. How about 10? How about coming off the line, putting your foot in the ground, getting open and giving Cassel a target?

I'm not willing to accept the idea that Cassel is so god awful he makes all our wide receivers look terrible.

McCluster hasn't done shit yet. And he was utter garbage in Indy.

Don't buy any of his ****ing t-shirts.

First, your language and overall demeanor, not just in this thread but in every thread, reminds me of a 16 year old. Calm down.

Second, most WRs in the NFL aren't very good their rookie years at being WR. The leap from college to pros is a far bigger leap for WRs than nearly any other position on the field except quarterback.

1st round - Demarius Thomas (Donx): 14 catches for 147 yards

1st round - Dez Bryant ('boys): 18 catches for 211 yards

2nd round -- Arrelious Benn (Bucs): 6 catches for 67 yards

2nd round -- Golden Tate (Seahags): 12 catches for 142 yards

3rd round -- Brandon LaFell (Panthers): 5 catches for 83 yards

3rd round - Damian Williams (Titans): 2 catches for 30 yards

3rd round -- Emmanuel Sanders (Steelers): 2 catches for 37 yards

So calm down.

beach tribe 10-18-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 7099670)

He's 5'9" 197. In other words, the same size as B Flo.
He's a starting caliber corner in his rookie season.
I still can't believe that we have exceeded everyones expectations, and as soon as we lose a game that basically everyone had marked as a loss, people start slinging shit. Things are Always going to happen in a loss that can be pointed to, and said here's why. Otherwise, we wouldn't have lost.

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 7099790)
First, your language and overall demeanor, not just in this thread but in every thread, reminds me of a 16 year old. Calm down.

Second, most WRs in the NFL aren't very good their rookie years at being WR. The leap from college to pros is a far bigger leap for WRs than nearly any other position on the field except quarterback.

So calm down.

Hey, that's cool.

We wouldn't want any of Pioli's picks to shock us or anything. He certainly doesn't need anyone he drafts to set the bar for greatness.

Three7s 10-18-2010 01:00 PM

You're one hell of a troll, GoChiefs. You think calling out players and saying they suck for not contributing enough on a Chiefs forum really matters? All I see is someone trying to get a rise out of the fans. The only player that I'll publicly hate on is Cassel because he's, supposedly, the leader of the team. I'm not going to hate on someone who's merely a contributor, and a rookie at that.

You're complaining that he hasn't done anything as a wide-receiver. Have you ever thought that he might not always be in the game? He does return kicks you know. Or maybe he's not designed to blow by guys, maybe he's meant as a decoy, WHICH EVERYONE WAS LOVING ABOUT HIM WHEN WE DRAFTED HIM!

If you want to hate on McCluster, then you'd better hate on Jones, Chambers, and Berry, because their contributions have been equal to less than McCluster.

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 7099826)
Have you ever thought that he might not always be in the game? He does return kicks you know.

That's certainly an argument in his favor.

Quote:

Or maybe he's not designed to blow by guys, maybe he's meant as a decoy, WHICH EVERYONE WAS LOVING ABOUT HIM WHEN WE DRAFTED HIM!
Oh,wow! That'd be great! A second round pick who's primary role is as a decoy. LOVING THAT!!!

Kris Wilson 2.0.

Titty Meat 10-18-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 7099790)

So calm down.

Don't listen to GoChiefs he like Athan is a talentless hack who has to stir the pot so their shitty magazines will sell.

Three7s 10-18-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7099837)
That's certainly an argument in his favor.

Oh,wow! That'd be great! A second round pick who's primary role is as a decoy. LOVING THAT!!!

Kris Wilson 2.0.

I'm not saying that's his primary role, just the design of the play.......

Also, assuming you caught that 42 yard TD reception by Bowe, did you like McCluster keeping the defender from getting to Bowe? He may not have laid him out, but he did what you ask a receiver to do. He can catch and he can block. We'll see how much his role expands from here on, but it's silly to hate him for "lack of production".

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 01:27 PM

So we should love him for lack of production, or what?

Titty Meat 10-18-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7099861)

Am just posted all the WR's from this draft class stats moron.

Three7s 10-18-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7099861)

No, I'm saying you should hate on everyone else who sucks and not single anyone out. If you're gonna make a thread about McCluster, please make a thread about how Chambers doesn't care anymore, since he has his contract!

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 7099876)
No, I'm saying you should hate on everyone else who sucks and not single anyone out. If you're gonna make a thread about McCluster, please make a thread about how Chambers doesn't care anymore, since he has his contract!

We didn't spend a pick on Chambers in lieu of someone else.

Amnorix 10-18-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7099842)
Don't listen to GoChiefs he like Athan is a talentless hack who has to stir the pot so their shitty magazines will sell.

Why would anyone pay for "analysis" that isn't any better than what you can get on here for free?

Coogs 10-18-2010 01:56 PM

McCluster got the start as the 2nd WR in place of Chambers. Was that threat of McCluster's speed part of the reason we saw Bowe running free a coincidence? Maybe too early to tell, but Bowe sure seemed to have a lot more space to operate in as opposed to other games.

Marcellus 10-18-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7099812)
Hey, that's cool.

We wouldn't want any of Pioli's picks to shock us or anything. He certainly doesn't need anyone he drafts to set the bar for greatness.

Moeaki would like a word with you.

Marcellus 10-18-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

You're one hell of a troll, GoChiefs. You think calling out players and saying they suck for not contributing enough on a Chiefs forum really matters? All I see is someone trying to get a rise out of the fans. The only player that I'll publicly hate on is Cassel because he's, supposedly, the leader of the team. I'm not going to hate on someone who's merely a contributor, and a rookie at that.

You're complaining that he hasn't done anything as a wide-receiver. Have you ever thought that he might not always be in the game? He does return kicks you know. Or maybe he's not designed to blow by guys, maybe he's meant as a decoy, WHICH EVERYONE WAS LOVING ABOUT HIM WHEN WE DRAFTED HIM!

If you want to hate on McCluster, then you'd better hate on Jones, Chambers, and Berry, because their contributions have been equal to less than McCluster.

I get your point except Jones has been very good. The only reason he gets shit is taking carries from Charles.

Mecca 10-18-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7099927)
McCluster got the start as the 2nd WR in place of Chambers. Was that threat of McCluster's speed part of the reason we saw Bowe running free a coincidence? Maybe too early to tell, but Bowe sure seemed to have a lot more space to operate in as opposed to other games.

I think it has more to do with Houston's shithole secondary.

Titty Meat 10-18-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 7099902)
Why would anyone pay for "analysis" that isn't any better than what you can get on here for free?

Touche

vailpass 10-18-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

N00b calling GC a troll. LMAO Little does he know this is the greatly improved version of GC.

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7099959)
Moeaki would like a word with you.

Moeaki has a long way to go. And he disappeared against the Texans.

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7099927)

That's epic spin, man. Really.

chiefzilla1501 10-18-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7100318)
Moeaki has a long way to go. And he disappeared against the Texans.

Really?

He's outproducing most rookie Wide Receivers and outproducing Jermaine Gresham, who was a consensus first round pick. I would imagine he's clubbing the shit out of maybe all rookie Tight Ends.

It's looking like a very good pick. Don't try to spin this like this is a pick we're waiting out. But I guess the "he didn't play lights out for one game" defense is passable.

Hammock Parties 10-18-2010 10:02 PM

We're still waiting it out because no one knows if he can stay healthy.

Three7s 10-18-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7099964)
I get your point except Jones has been very good. The only reason he gets shit is taking carries from Charles.

I was probably wrong to put in Jones, he's been pretty solid.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2010 05:38 PM

I'll have a crow appetizer. Not ready for main course.

FAX 10-24-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7115129)
I'll have a crow appetizer. Not ready for main course.

He was a factor today, no question about it.

I've been leaning toward McSkepticism, as well, Mr. GoghChiefs. But, in this game, he demonstrated some real versatility and was the kind of multi-dimensional threat the coaching staff has probably had in mind for him all along. He may be a tiny, little bastard, but he's like an ant. He can probably lift 200 times his own weight in sugar cubes.

It's a tough situation, though. I mean, who do you want in the backfield running the ball? Jones is money. Charles is averaging 40 yards a carry. And, now McCluster is showing some ability. Not to mention Battle who has talent, as well. Heck, our fullback made a key play today.

We're deep at running back. Again.

FAX

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-24-2010 06:00 PM

McCluster is having a better year than Spiller...

Hammock Parties 10-24-2010 06:00 PM

I think what I was most impressed with today was his ability to hold onto the ball and make plays in tight spaces.

The game isn't too big for him.

I still don't like him taking carries from Charles.

keg in kc 10-24-2010 06:01 PM

The interesting thing to me was Gannon repeatedly saying that McCluster is the best route runner on the team. I wonder if that's true.

Early in the game, I was also wondering if somebody was orchestrating a story, by having McCluster start in the backfield, run the ball, and then be talked about the entire game. It was almost like it was planned out, but I can't imagine that CBS and the Chiefs would coordinate like that.

BigMeatballDave 10-24-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7115224)

I still don't like him taking carries from Charles.

It was only 4 carries. He had 28 yards, so I dont really care.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2010 06:05 PM

Weis was orchestrating focus on McCluster.

By handing him the ball early, when he motioned into the backfield later in the game, it got attention, thereby distracting the defense from other players.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7115244)
It was only 4 carries. He had 28 yards, so I dont really care.

4 carries is 4 chances for Charles to take one to the house.

Saul Good 10-24-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7115246)
Weis was orchestrating focus on McCluster.

By handing him the ball early, when he motioned into the backfield later in the game, it got attention, thereby distracting the defense from other players.

Didn't you just accuse another poster of epic spin when he said the same thing about 10 posts ago?

Hammock Parties 10-24-2010 06:23 PM

No. Crediting McCluster for Bowe's game is silly. He doesn't affect a defense like that.

Micjones 10-24-2010 06:27 PM

The kid DEFINITELY needs to see more offensive opportunities.
He's a threat to score from anywhere on the field like Charles.

GloryDayz 10-24-2010 06:30 PM

Well, I'm OK with McCluster for now.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-24-2010 06:35 PM

Are you STILL ragging this guy's ass? Really?

Marcellus 10-24-2010 07:16 PM

Moeaki 3 catches 42 yards

DMC 5 catches 41 yards 4 rushes 28 yards

Arenas - Forced fumble on ST

Berry - forced fumble and a pick

So 8 catches for 83 yards, 28 rushing yards (7 yard average) , 2 forced fumbles and pick from the rookie class in this game.

Not too shabby.

Mr. Laz 10-24-2010 07:21 PM

I hope next year DMC really concentrates on the receiver position. We have running backs, i want McCluster loose in the secondary.

Mr. Laz 10-24-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7115583)

So 8 catches for 83 yards, 28 rushing yards (7 yard average) , 2 forced fumbles and pick from the rookie class in this game.

Not too shabby.

Pioli is a shitty drafter /draftubator

keg in kc 10-24-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7115583)

Not too shabby.

Berry also had a really good play in the end zone where he batted a TD pass down.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2010 07:23 PM

I'd rather see more McCluster on returns, less at RB.

Simply Red 10-24-2010 07:24 PM

McCluster is dope, not only am i buying that tee, i'm buying his dope ass sunglasses too, AND wearing them, dark-time.

chiefzilla1501 10-24-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7115619)
I hope next year DMC really concentrates on the receiver position. We have running backs, i want McCluster loose in the secondary.

I like the idea of the coaching staff mixing it up.

Who cares if he takes away carries from Charles? The point is to keep the defense guessing. If you establish McCluster as a credible running thread, there are a million things you can do. If the defense heavies up against the pass, you motion him into a run play. If the defense heavies up against the run, you shift him to the slot. And on any play where he's motioning from the slot to the other side of the field, you immediately get the defense second-guessing about whether it's a run.

His role is to be a matchup nightmare, so I think it's great that he's playing several roles.

Simply Red 10-24-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7115631)
I'd rather see more McCluster on returns, less at RB.

weird.

Mecca?

Hammock Parties 10-24-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7115634)
McCluster is dope, not only am i buying that tee, i'm buying his dope ass sunglasses too, AND wearing them, dark-time.

If Kris McWilson becomes legit, I'll do the same, and we can be the Ambiguously Gay Dexter McDuo at the next Arrowhead meeting.

keg in kc 10-24-2010 07:26 PM

There wouldn't be anything ambiguous about the two of you.