ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247877)

Frankie 08-02-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7794630)
Dont worry, Frankie.

Donger is just trying to make people feel safe and like these things cant happen in mid flight. Everyone here knows the truth, these things fall apart all the time.

He wants to sell more gas, thats all.

Hes the one with the agenda.

Keep it up, dont let him win!

Thanks BC. But I really don't think there is anything to win or lose here. I simply posted a thread and expressed an opinion. I'm surprised (yet not really) by all the concerted reaction of mostly the usual suspects with deliberately condescending smilies and comments trying to make me LOOK dumb. These are posters with a chip on their shoulders about me for one reason or another, historical or geographical. I'm used to it but I admit it does get annoying some times.

BTW, there's not ONE post here from me in which I have disagreed with their theory. My point has been all theories expressed have some merit but they act as if theirs are gospel and the ONLY reason this can happen.

Thanks again for posting a message of sanity. :toast:

Bowser 08-02-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795429)
Thanks BC. But I really don't think there is anything to win or lose here. I simply posted a thread and expressed an opinion. I'm surprised (yet not really) by all the concerted reaction of mostly the usual suspects with deliberately condescending smilies and comments trying to make me LOOK dumb. These are posters with a chip on their shoulders about me for one reason or another, historical or geographical. I'm used to it but I admit it does get annoying some times.

BTW, there's not ONE post here from me in which I have disagreed with their theory. My point has been all theories expressed have some merit but they act as if theirs are gospel and the ONLY reason this can happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 7795297)
ROFL

That was great.

Frankies going to take you apart because he's too smart to let this thread die.

LMAO

Frankie 08-02-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7794716)
What?

That you claimed these things are indestructible.

Oh, **** it! Never mind. This whole thing is not worth my time to spend debating on.

Pants 08-02-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

I bet BossChief feels really guilty after this post.

LMAO

Donger 08-02-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Errr, Frankie?

Frankie 08-02-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 7794725)
ROFL.....:spock:......ROFL

What did I say about nervous agitated laughter? Here's a great example from a man who thinks man rode dinosaurs before Noah.

Donger 08-02-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795440)
That you claimed these things are indestructible.

Oh, **** it! Never mind. This whole thing is not worth my time to spend debating on.

No, I didn't.

Frankie 08-02-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7794857)
I don't even know what Frankie is trying to argue about anymore. He just keeps calling people half witted for whatever reason.

I'm not arguing with anyone, dumbass. Read the thread. I have not posted ONE post calling their theories about the incident wrong or dumb. Others are arguing with me. I'm just pointing out their personal motivations.

loochy 08-02-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795474)
I'm not arguing with anyone, dumbass. Read the thread. I have not posted ONE post calling their theories about the incident wrong or dumb. Others are arguing with me. I'm just pointing out their personal motivations.

You just argued.

Pants 08-02-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795474)

Frankie, if you stop acting like you're smarter than everyone else while posting proof of the complete opposite, maybe people wouldn't laugh at you so much. It's nothing personal, man.

You honestly thought BossChief's post was serious? You didn't detect even a hint of sarcasm? When people started to make fun of your uninformed, sensationalistic claim in OP (which was obviously based solely on the picture), you made up an argument that didn't exist (the "indestructible" part). I'm trying to help you understand why people don't give you the credit you think you deserve.

The only argument I remember having with you was about your extremely selfish posting style (when you come back and reply post by post to a thread that has already moved on beyond that point) so I don't know where this whole "agenda" against you theory is coming from, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Phobia 08-02-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7795517)
Frankie, if you stop acting like you're smarter than everyone else while posting proof of the complete opposite, maybe people wouldn't laugh at you so much. It's nothing personal, man.

You honestly thought BossChief's post was serious? You didn't detect even a hint of sarcasm? When people started to make fun of your uninformed, sensationalistic claim in OP (which was obviously based solely on the picture), you made up an argument that didn't exist (the "indestructible" part). I'm trying to help you understand why people don't give you the credit you think you deserve.

The only argument I remember having with you was about your extremely selfish posting style (when you come back and reply post by post to a thread that has already moved on beyond that point) so I don't know where this whole "agenda" against you theory is coming from, at least as far as I'm concerned.

This is EXACTLY what he meant by arguing with half-wits.

Phobia 08-02-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7795506)
You just argued.

He's beating people with logic and debate, that's not arguing. It's something other than arguing.

Pants 08-02-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7795539)
This is EXACTLY what he meant by arguing with half-wits.

I believe his word of choice was actually "witless."

Phobia 08-02-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7795553)
I believe his word of choice was actually "witless."

Well, I give you more credit than he does. You're at least a half-wit.

Saul Good 08-02-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Check post 107.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...43#post7699943

Pants 08-02-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7795557)
Well, I give you more credit than he does. You're at least a half-wit.

I know you do and, for that, I thank you.

Frankie 08-02-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7794876)
This is Frankie in a nutshell:
3. Frankie claims he is smarter than everyone else.

Ummm, not everyone else. Just you and the usual cavemen like you who can't handle a "ferner" who is smarter than them. Case in point this very thread. I think and most reasonably logical people agree:

1- Airplanes, as well designed and aerodynamic as they are built are subject to incredible forces in flight.

2- Airplanes do get old. Most wind tunnel tests about their integrity are done with a certain number of flight factored in.

3- Total immaculate maintenance is necessary to keep them safe. Not all airlines do this. Especially if they are owned by countries like Trinidad or Iran.

4- ALL theories expressed here about why this particular accident happened hold water. To totally dismiss one is mega stupid, especially if one does it calling the other person dumb. You see what I mean? The very reaction speaks of one's lack of logic or purposeful and personally motivated condescension.

5- This thread and it's subject is not important enough to have a debate on. Starting one is personal assholery and enduring ass-hurt dating back to some other debate.

6- (1+2+3+4+5) = Frankie is the logical one in this unnecessary debate and you* are an asshole with a chip on your shoulder.

(* = Applies to all assholes in this thread who qualify via 4 & 5. You are welcome.)

Frankie 08-02-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7794881)
The best part about frankie is that he still talks trash to grandma about her lack of ability to punish him after she takes his pants down and beats his ass with a gooseberry switch.

He's the premature ejaculat'r with the 3" poke at the gangbang strutting around like John Holmes.

The depth of Frankie's intellectual wit wouldn't fill the reservoir tip of a condom.

Slurpy-sales-Americans by culture want to feel "witty" or see themselves as clever tricksters. Frankie thinks he's a character in the boy and the Tiger.

Somebody please tickle the rest of us so we can laugh here.

Hey Iovagian, I have noticed too many half-wits of the CP have laughed at your mostly unfunny lines over the years and it has gotten to your head. Hate to break it to you dude, but you are not FAX or Rain Man. In fact quite the opposite.

Donger 08-02-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795572)
Ummm, not everyone else. Just you and the usual cavemen like you who can't handle a "ferner" who is smarter than them. Case in point this very thread. I think and most reasonably logical people agree:

1- Airplanes, as well designed and aerodynamic as they are built are subject to incredible forces in flight.

2- Airplanes do get old. Most wind tunnel tests about their integrity are done with a certain number of flight factored in.

3- Total immaculate maintenance is necessary to keep them safe. Not all airlines do this. Especially if they are owned by countries like Trinidad or Iran.

4- ALL theories expressed here about why this particular accident happened hold water. To totally dismiss one is mega stupid, especially if one does it calling the other person dumb. You see what I mean? The very reaction speaks of one's lack of logic or purposeful and personally motivated condescension.

5- This thread and it's subject is not important enough to have a debate on. Starting one is personal assholery and enduring ass-hurt dating back to some other debate.

6- (1+2+3+4+5) = Frankie is the logical one in this unnecessary debate and you* are an asshole with a chip on your shoulder.

(* = Applies to all assholes in this thread who qualify via 4 & 5. You are welcome.)

Frankie, no one is arguing that aircraft are indestructible. They aren't. But no commercial aircraft has EVER experienced a complete fuselage failure like the one shown in the OP while in flight.

Do you understand now?

Frankie 08-02-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7794902)
I'm going to be gallant and gracious, and offer Frankie another out in this thread:

Yes, it IS possible that fatigue could lead to a massive failure of the fuselage of a commercial aircraft, although this has never happened in over 80 years of commercial aircraft operations. Therefore, it is highly unlikely in the extreme that such a failure will happen in flight. Therefore, no Frankie, you don't need to worry about it happening. No more so than you do about monkeys flying out of your anus (which is also possible).

Thanks man. But no "OUT" is needed.

Also thank you for admitting that you are wrong. I'm not saying that your theory about this incident is wrong. I'm saying to hold steadfastly to ONLY your theory being right is wrong.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 12:28 PM

http://www.wesleyan.edu/psyc/dierker...n_Jay_Leno.jpg

You don't have a huge brain, you're suffering from hydrocephalus, you silly waterhead.

If you had a brain, you'd take it out and play with it.

Frankie 08-02-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7794903)
I look forward to the detail, intellectually filled oration about how Frankie tricked the tigers back out of his purple shoes with crimson soles and linings and the green blazer and blue trousers his father, Kappali purchased for him at the market and how he tricks the tigers into fighting in a circle around a tree spinning so fast that they melt into butter. The best part is when he takes the melted tigers to his mother, Ramita who makes pancakes and he eats 127 pancakes.

I get it now. You believe in the quantity over quality. I guess if you try enough of them one can accidentally be halfway funny. We are still waiting though.

Donger 08-02-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795614)
Thanks man. But no "OUT" is needed.

Also thank you for admitting that you are wrong. I'm not saying that your theory about this incident is wrong. I'm saying to hold steadfastly to ONLY your theory being right is wrong.

Holy shit. You've got serious issues.

Frankie 08-02-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7794917)
I actually met Frankie irl about 10 years ago.

We had a gathering in DM for members and he showed up and strutted up and intimidated the shit out of me. And then I thought "get the F out of here, Danny Devito"

ROFL Come on dude. I remember you too. I'm not a very tall man, but you are shorter than I am.

Bowser 08-02-2011 12:34 PM

Frankie, did you take debate in high school and lose the championship on some bogus argument by your opponent?

Frankie 08-02-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCHawg (Post 7795020)
Not a mult dumbass, ......

Sure man, sure. :LOL:

loochy 08-02-2011 12:35 PM

So did the flying monkeys ever come out of your anus? If so, how did it really work?

Saul Good 08-02-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795572)

I agree with you here. When a plane is damaged after careening off a runway and crashing, we must not dismiss any theory.

The plane could have been damaged after metal fatigue suddenly struck and ripped the plane in half. It could have caught some sort of airplane leprosy which caused parts to rot off. It could have been damaged because it went crashing into a field moments earlier.

I don't know, I'm not an engineer. You keep fighting the good fight, Frankie.

OnTheWarpath15 08-02-2011 12:38 PM

Airplane Leprosy.

LMAO

Stewie 08-02-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7794902)
I'm going to be gallant and gracious, and offer Frankie another out in this thread:

Yes, it IS possible that fatigue could lead to a massive failure of the fuselage of a commercial aircraft, although this has never happened in over 80 years of commercial aircraft operations. Therefore, it is highly unlikely in the extreme that such a failure will happen in flight. Therefore, no Frankie, you don't need to worry about it happening. No more so than you do about monkeys flying out of your anus (which is also possible).

I think you need to look up the de Havilland Comet. They had catastrophic fatigue failures in flight that killed everyone on board and eventually grounded the fleet. The two most famous crashes were operated by British Overseas Airways Corporation. The planes flew in the '50s. It changed aircraft design forever.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795638)
ROFL Come on dude. I remember you too. I'm not a very tall man, but you are shorter than I am.

It doesn't take a walkthrough of a TSA airport screener to see the labia holding your guts in. Yes, I'm saying I think you're a walking talking, weathered Granny Cooter.

The truth of the matter is, no one is debating your points because they are so utterly pointless that out of 100,000 members, no single poster actually believes that your point is worthy of a serious response. Well, ari will be along shortly to blame the illuminati for damaging that plane with cheap, chinese duct tape to cause this catastrophic calamity.

The 2nd truth is, you're so smart, you couldn't confuse III with a conversation on human reproduction.

Frankie 08-02-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Frankie, if you stop acting like you're smarter than everyone else .....

Why stop. I know I'm smarter than you and it really eats at your every cell.

I'm not smarter than every CP poster nor as smart as some. But I certainly outsmart the regular cavemen who routinely engage in circle jerks like in this very thread. You know how I know that? It's because like I said, NOT ONE OF you can debate without relying on other cavemen to come in and form a group. It's always a group vs Frankie. Clearly you guys need to ad up your IQs to try to match mine.

Now suck on THAT for a while and burn inside with anger of being told the truth. It's so cool to KNOW that you guys do.

BigCatDaddy 08-02-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7795647)
I agree with you here. When a plane is damaged after careening off a runway and crashing, we must not dismiss any theory.

The plane could have been damaged after metal fatigue suddenly struck and ripped the plane in half. It could have caught some sort of airplane leprosy which caused parts to rot off. It could have been damaged because it went crashing into a field moments earlier.

I don't know, I'm not an engineer. You keep fighting the good fight, Frankie.

Or could just be Gremlins :shrug:

Pants 08-02-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795682)

I'm not smarter than every CP poster nor as smart as some. But I certainly outsmart the regular cavemen who routinely engage in circle jerks like in this very thread. You know how I know that? It's because like I said, NOT ONE OF you can debate without relying on other cavemen to come in and form a group. It's always a group vs Frankie. Clearly you guys need to ad up your IQs to try to match mine.

Now suck on THAT for a while and burn inside with anger of being told the truth. It's so cool to KNOW that you guys do.

You really are way deep down in your own world and it has very little to do with reality, my man.

Dartgod 08-02-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Clearly you guys need to ad up your IQs to try to match mine.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief 08-02-2011 12:52 PM

This thread is high quality entertainment.

Bearcat 08-02-2011 12:54 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Iowanian 08-02-2011 12:54 PM

I'll bet Frankie would win the Pyrite medal in the deadlift at the dumb**** olympics.

Hell, even Marty Shook knew when to hit the eject button.

fan4ever 08-02-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

It's always a group vs Frankie.

...and why do you think this is, Frankie?

Iowanian 08-02-2011 12:57 PM

The. Damage. In. That. Photo. did. not. Occur. In. Mid-air. Dumb. Ass.

fan4ever 08-02-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 7795711)

Damn, that's spot on.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to recognize their mistakes.[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their own abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority. Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. As Kruger and Dunning conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others" (p. 1127).[2]

The effect is about paradoxical defects in cognitive ability, in oneself and others

Only thing missing was Frankie's picture.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 01:00 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...lYAPqgqQO1dn8i

NewChief 08-02-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7795724)

But what if it did?

Makes you think doesn't it? :hmmm:

Pants 08-02-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

JUST HOW SAFE ARE THOSE PLANES WE RIDE [sic] IN EVERYDAY [sic]? :eek:

/Frankie just saw a picture of an airplane torn in half without reading the article.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 01:01 PM

I told you....the answer for every CP issue lies here.
nsfw language
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zl8JlboU1N0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stewie 08-02-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 7795729)
Damn, that's spot on.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to recognize their mistakes.[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their own abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority. Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. As Kruger and Dunning conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others" (p. 1127).[2]

The effect is about paradoxical defects in cognitive ability, in oneself and others

Only thing missing was Frankie's picture.

Yeah. We non-psych people call it not admitting you're wrong and fighting until you look really stoopid. The harder they fight the dumber they look.

Pants 08-02-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7795741)
Yeah. We non-psych people call it not admitting you're wrong and fighting until you look really stoopid. The harder they fight the dumber they look.

I think Frankie actually believes what he says. He so deep in denial and his own preconceptions about things, there's no way out. Arguing with him is impossible. You can point out to him that the thing he thought to be black is actually white in reality and he will tell you that he's intellectually superior (after he says your original argument was that all things are white).

Saul Good 08-02-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7795739)
JUST HOW SAFE ARE THOSE PLANES WE RIDE [sic] IN EVERY DAY? :eek:

/Frankie just saw a picture of an airplane torn in half without reading the article.

It doesn't just tear in half, it "breakes in two".

My guess is that the pilot didn't hit the breakes in time. He might have been over-worked. He should take a little breake from flying for a while.

Saul Good 08-02-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7795758)
Why do you people even bother? Frankie is Frankie. You all will continue to berate, belittle and begrudge him but you will never, NEVER get your point across to him once he's made up his mind.
He is what he is. It's his point of view at all times and no one will ever be able to convince him otherwise.

He could at this very moment, start a thread that says the world will end tomorrow. Then on Thursday, when we're all still here, he'll explain to us that he meant the beginning of the end started the day before because a used car salesman died in Tuscon and he was a direct decendent of Jesus or some shit...

He's like a psychotic 7th day adventist with falafel breath.

If you think his falafel breath is bad, try smelling his left hand.

Frankie 08-02-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7795703)
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Typos are counted as stupidity? Do you realize how fast and furious I have to type to keep up with the resident ass-hurt shit throwing monkeys (see below)?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NjquDQPwwL...red+bottom.jpg

loochy 08-02-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795786)
Typos are counted as stupidity?

They are when the poster claims intellectual superiority over all viewers.

Frankie 08-02-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Where did I say it did? You are totally incapable of comprehending a simple thread topic and YOU are the one calling ME "dumbass?!!"

WOW, you guys are thick! You make sweathogs look like a bunch of NASA scientists. It's PATHETIC! :shake:

Frankie 08-02-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7795758)
Why do you people even bother?

Actually that's the question I keep asking myself.

Saul Good 08-02-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795803)
Where did I say it did? You are totally incapable of comprehending a simple thread topic and YOU are the one calling ME "dumbass?!!"

WOW, you guys are thick! You make sweathogs look like a bunch of NASA scientists. It's PATHETIC! :shake:

What is your obsession with the sweathogs?

Never mind. You're an Iranian, and Welcome Back Kotter is a 1970s American television show. It all makes sense.

Pants 08-02-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7795803)

Your hypothesis presented in the title of thread said what exactly?

loochy 08-02-2011 01:36 PM

http://www.profileking.org/comments/Your/yourstupid.gif

loochy 08-02-2011 01:40 PM

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...tent/smell.gif

Frankie 08-02-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7795798)
They are when the poster claims intellectual superiority over all viewers.

You don't understand too well, do you? Color me shocked.

loochy 08-02-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795837)

YOU don't understand too well.

Do you understand how bad you are getting trolled here?

Do you understand how easy it is to pull you offside?

You just keep falling for it and falling for it.

BigCatDaddy 08-02-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795837)

So what few here do you consider to be your intellectual superior?

Stewie 08-02-2011 01:42 PM

Holy shit! Mensa! Killer!

loochy 08-02-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7795842)
Holy shit! Mensa! Killer!

LMAO I just noticed that!

OnTheWarpath15 08-02-2011 01:45 PM

ROFL

Gotta change his av to the busted up airplane.

Stewie 08-02-2011 01:46 PM

http://patriciahysell.files.wordpres...0/02/mensa.gif

loochy 08-02-2011 01:48 PM

What do Frankie and a Smart car have in common?

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/smart-car-1.jpg

4th and Long 08-02-2011 01:51 PM

This thread is a vampire. Someone please drive a stake through it's heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge 08-02-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet62 (Post 7792103)
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/a...uZ62/Aloha.jpg

This incident brought about changes as to how often aging aircraft are inspected for metal fatigue and corrosion. Although it was catastrophic and one flight attendant died, the airplane held together and was able to land. BTW… this is the same basic airframe involved with Caribbean Airlines Flight 523 proving that it had an incident on the ground right after landing (the photo shows the engine thrust reversers still deployed as they would be after landing).

those folks have some serious wind hair

Stewie 08-02-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 7795860)
This thread is a vampire. Someone please drive a stake through it's heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mensa won't let it die.

seclark 08-02-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 7795861)
those folks have some serious wind hair

hope they stowed their carry on under their seat.
sec

KCHawg 08-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795644)
Sure man, sure. :LOL:

Nope, still not a mult...but my 25+ years of aircraft maintenance experience says THAT. CAN. NOT. HAPPEN. IN. THE. AIR!!! DUMBASS!!

MOhillbilly 08-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7795872)
hope they stowed their carry on under their seat.
sec

:huh:only if ya didnt shit through the seat.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 01:57 PM

Frankie is so smart, he can sniff 3 day old farts from a metro bus seat and tell you what the provider had for dinner the day before.

Donger 08-02-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7795664)
I think you need to look up the de Havilland Comet. They had catastrophic fatigue failures in flight that killed everyone on board and eventually grounded the fleet. The two most famous crashes were operated by British Overseas Airways Corporation. The planes flew in the '50s. It changed aircraft design forever.

I'm familiar with the Comet. Their fuselages didn't break in half like the aircraft in the OP. The British dorks used rectangular passenger windows, which led to the skin of the fuselage ripping at the corners. But, no, the fuselage didn't break in half.

loochy 08-02-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7795882)
Frankie is so smart, he can sniff 3 day old farts from a metro bus seat and tell you what the provider had for dinner the day before.

The provider probably had flying monkeys for dinner. They tried to fly out while the person was on the bus.

ToxSocks 08-02-2011 02:00 PM

I hate this thread. It wont go away.

Iowanian 08-02-2011 02:02 PM

The Chiefs PR staff just pulled this thread up in a meeting and said "the threadstarter is the same dumbass criticizing your off-season moves, Scott".

loochy 08-02-2011 02:04 PM

I hate this thread so much that I'll bump it and prolong it's life by posting a comment complaining about it.

Stewie 08-02-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7795885)
I'm familiar with the Comet. Their fuselages didn't break in half like the aircraft in the OP. The British dorks used rectangular passenger windows, which led to the skin of the fuselage ripping at the corners. But, no, the fuselage didn't break in half.

I was pointing out the fact that metal fatigue has caused catastrophic disasters. They don't know that the failures were caused by the windows. It was more likely a combination of the unknown properties of aluminum and rivets used in the construction.

tooge 08-02-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7794458)
Haha! Incorrect from the first word to the last.

Nervous agitated laughter is not laughter of joy nor of belittlement. My extensive experience here has been the "people" you speak of are only those who can't handle being outwitted, out-debated, and outsmarted by the "ferner." I'm used to dumb rednecks and particularly enjoy getting under their skin.

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie. Let me clear up the argument everyone is making since you were unable to tie all the pieces together. Planes do not just break in half while flying through the air. Not modern planes anyhow. Planes are designed to take off of a runway, fly through the air, and then land on a runway. They are not designed to careen off the runway and into a ditch. When they do that, yes, there is a chance they may break in two being as they aren't designed to do it. The article never mentions the plane ever got off the ground, and simply states that the plane ran off the runway. Therefor, buy deductive reasoning alone, you should be able to see that this in no way proves anything other than the fact that 737's flying in Guyana, can split in two when they run off of the end of the runway. Nothing else is implied here. You are welcome.

Donger 08-02-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensa (Post 7795682)
Clearly you guys need to ad up your IQs to try to match mine.

:spock: