ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Baby kidnapped from home in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250979)

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7974201)
Exactly, by their boyfriends.

Or some crazy Mormon drifter.

frankotank 10-07-2011 10:46 AM

you know, when this first came out I thought the whole thing just seemed......odd and hard to believe.....the cell phone thing was just too weird. then I saw the interview with the mom crying and was like.....wow that poor poor lady. I was so sure it was real. if she does end up being involved (and at this point that seems highly likely) she should win an emmy or something...cause that would be one one hell of an acting job!

Pants 10-07-2011 10:51 AM

I heard they have dogs. Is this true?

Lzen 10-07-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7973796)
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06...h-missing.html

This story says the hubby started to get "testy" with all the questioning and the mom failed a lie detector test.

While on the surface this may sound fishy, I don't think I blame him. He said something about after 11 hours of questioning. I'd be getting testy, too.

frankotank 10-07-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 7974286)
While on the surface this may sound fishy, I don't think I blame him. He said something about after 11 hours of questioning. I'd be getting testy, too.

yeah agreed. I'd be going out of my freaking mind. although recent events have piqued my suspicious side (more that it already was...), they still could be quite innocent. I've always wondered about the accuracy of lie detector tests. if I was taking one in this situation (and I'm innocent) I'd be very very very concerned about failing! because knowing that I am innocent and knowing that if I fail it makes me look guilty....could I wig myself out enough to fail when I'm telling the truth?? I'd think it's certainly within the realm of possibility and that is one hell of a scary thought!

Deberg_1990 10-07-2011 12:03 PM

Friday morning, appearing on “Good Morning America” and the “Today” show, Lisa’s parents said they had been upset Thursday by how they were treated during long interrogations.

“From the start, when they’ve questioned me, once I couldn’t fill in gaps, it turned into ‘You did it, you did it,’ ” Bradley said. “They took a picture down from the table and said ‘Look at your baby!’ And ‘Do what’s right for her!’ I kept saying ‘I don’t know…’ I just sat there.

“I didn’t even ask to leave. I just let them keep asking questions.”

Irwin said he told authorities Thursday that he needed a break from their questions.

“I told them I had to have a break — no more questions today,” Irwin said. “I asked to be let go, and they let me go from (the) police station.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/07...#ixzz1a7WZ0ory

Dayze 10-07-2011 12:09 PM

no sure of MO laws on lie detectors; but lie detectors 'detect' lies as well as Matt Cassel leads game winning drives.

Radar Chief 10-07-2011 12:09 PM

Sounds like they’d better lawyer up, like, yesterday. The police have decided who’s guilty and now they’ll set about building a case around it.

Chiefnj2 10-07-2011 12:09 PM

Starting to remind me a bit of the Jon Benet Ramsey murder.

When no immediate suspect comes to mind the police start leaking tons of info about the family to the press and start a public trial.

Radar Chief 10-07-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7974454)
Starting to remind me a bit of the Jon Benet Ramsey murder.

When no immediate suspect comes to mind the police start leaking tons of info about the family to the press and start a public trial.

Yup, exactly what I’m thinking.

Dayze 10-07-2011 12:13 PM

yup.

Chiefnj2 10-07-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 7974456)
Yup, exactly what I’m thinking.

Police source says the husband began getting "testy, and stopped cooperating."

Reality = after 11 hours of interrogation and being told "you did it, just confess" the husband asked to stop the questioning.

ReynardMuldrake 10-07-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 7974392)
yeah agreed. I'd be going out of my freaking mind. although recent events have piqued my suspicious side (more that it already was...), they still could be quite innocent. I've always wondered about the accuracy of lie detector tests. if I was taking one in this situation (and I'm innocent) I'd be very very very concerned about failing! because knowing that I am innocent and knowing that if I fail it makes me look guilty....could I wig myself out enough to fail when I'm telling the truth?? I'd think it's certainly within the realm of possibility and that is one hell of a scary thought!

I think they can tell the difference though between being nervous the whole time and reacting to a specific question. The latter would look a lot more suspicious. Generalized anxiety wouldn't tell them very much IMO.

ReynardMuldrake 10-07-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 7974453)
Sounds like they’d better lawyer up, like, yesterday. The police have decided who’s guilty and now they’ll set about building a case around it.

Seriously? If I had a child missing and in danger, I would want the police to grill everyone, myself included. Maybe I have relevant info without even knowing it. My reputation would be the last thing on my mind.

Lawyering up while your child is still missing sends a very bad message.

jjjayb 10-07-2011 12:25 PM

Why the heck would you break into the house through the Front window? The one on the main street? I would assume most burglars break in through a back window.

Dayze 10-07-2011 12:29 PM

I would never talk to the police w/out a lawyer in such a serious situation like that. Reputation has nothing to do with it - for me anyway - it's more a matter of protecting myself from over zealous LEOs/Prosecutors etc.

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 12:41 PM

She should have just said they had a guy nanny - named Danny. Danny the nanny took her. Worked for Casey Anthony. If your jury lives under power lines, eats pain chips for snacks and lives in tampa it is completely reasonable.

frankotank 10-07-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7974439)
Friday morning, appearing on “Good Morning America” and the “Today” show, Lisa’s parents said they had been upset Thursday by how they were treated during long interrogations.

“From the start, when they’ve questioned me, once I couldn’t fill in gaps, it turned into ‘You did it, you did it,’ ” Bradley said. “They took a picture down from the table and said ‘Look at your baby!’ And ‘Do what’s right for her!’ I kept saying ‘I don’t know…’ I just sat there.

“I didn’t even ask to leave. I just let them keep asking questions.”

Irwin said he told authorities Thursday that he needed a break from their questions.

“I told them I had to have a break — no more questions today,” Irwin said. “I asked to be let go, and they let me go from (the) police station.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/07...#ixzz1a7WZ0ory

Wow! so lets assume they ARE innocent. after 11 hours of being told you did it, he understandably says I've had enough I need a break. one ****ing hour later the police hold a press conference saying they are no longer cooperating. IF that is really the way that went down, and IF they come out of this innocent......somebodies head should roll over that bullshit. that's just a bald faced lie to make them look bad! what a load of crap. (several IF's in there though.....)

Titty Meat 10-07-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7974529)
She should have just said they had a guy nanny - named Danny. Danny the nanny took her. Worked for Casey Anthony. If your jury lives under power lines, eats pain chips for snacks and lives in tampa it is completely reasonable.

Casey Anthony was hawt and had swag. This chick is a ****ing water buffalo nobody will care if she gets the chair.

Dayze 10-07-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 7974531)
Wow! so lets assume they ARE innocent. after 11 hours of being told you did it, he understandably says I've had enough I need a break. one ****ing hour later the police hold a press conference saying they are no longer cooperating. IF that is really the way that went down, and IF they come out of this innocent......somebodies head should roll over that bullshit. that's just a bald faced lie to make them look bad! what a load of crap. (several IF's in there though.....)

precisely why they should've lawyered up from the beginning.

blaise 10-07-2011 01:11 PM

I see people tweeting that police are searching a landfill in JOCO relating to this somehow.

ReynardMuldrake 10-07-2011 01:18 PM

Dumpster Fire Leads Police To Search Landfill

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-poli...,5538504.story

FBI, Police Search Landfill In Missing Baby Case

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29419762/detail.html

FBI: Johnson County landfill search tied to Lisa Irwin case

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...isa-Irwin-case

Saulbadguy 10-07-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 7974622)
Dumpster Fire Leads Police To Search Landfill

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-poli...,5538504.story

:eek:

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 01:26 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo.—
An early morning dumpster fire on Tuesday led investigators to search a Johnson County landfill in the Lisa Irwin case. Friday's search was the second time investigators visited the landfill.

Police said someone reported a dumpster fire at an apartment complex at 4897 NE 37th Street at 2:27 a.m. on Tuesday, October 4. The dumpster is less than a half a mile away from the Irwin home.

Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was reported missing by her parents around 4 a.m. Tuesday.

Investigators examined the trash from the fire two times. On Friday they examined it again. Also on Friday, police returned to the Johnson County Deffenbaugh Industries' landfill for the second time.

After four days of searching, the investigation into baby Lisa's disappearance has taken several twists and turns. On Thursday, police announced in a hastily-called press conference that 10-month-old Lisa's parents stopped cooperating with investigators, a claim the family denies.

On Friday afternoon, Kansas City Police Capt. Steve Young said they have not had contact with the parents since Thursday's announcement.

RetiredFBI Agent Jeff Lanza said the parents' definition of cooperation is probably different than police's.

"Police's definition of cooperation is to answer any questions that we post to you even if it focuses on you," Lanza said. "The couple's definition is, 'well, we'll cooperate, but not if it's focused on us."

Late Thursday evening, FOX 4 learned Lisa's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, made a 'deal' with national news networks and would no longer be talking with local media.

On Friday's Today Show, Deborah said police told her she failed a polygraph test. Bradley adamantly claimed that's impossible because she doesn't know where her daughter is.

Lanza said failing a polygraph test doesn't mean someone is guilty.

"If you've registered some deception, that's an indicator that you're not telling the truth," Lanza said. "However, it doesn't mean you're guilty. It's just an indication that you're deceptive about a particular question or questions on the polygraph exam."

In the four-day search for Lisa, police have scoured the woods near the Irwin home, rappelled down embankments, looked in drainage ditches and on Friday, investigators turned their attention to Deffenbaugh's landfill.

According to the parents, baby Lisa was taken from her crib in her Northland home in the 3600 block of North Lister sometime between the hours of 10:30 p.m. Monday night and 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. The baby's father called police around 4 a.m. Tuesday when he came home from work and discovered her missing.

Lisa is described as white, with blond hair and blue eyes, about 30 inches tall and weighing 26-30 pounds. Her family says that she has two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

The family says that she was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it

Dayze 10-07-2011 01:49 PM

that part about the polygraph is BS (IMO). it doesn't measure 'deception', it registers changes in your body. and the results are basically subject to the interpretation of the 'administrator' of the test.

I would've told them to stick it, if they wanted to perform a polygraph test on me.

again, just my opinion.

Chiefnj2 10-07-2011 01:56 PM

What's the point of calling together a quick press conference to announce the parents aren't "cooperating"??

Dayze 10-07-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7974675)
What's the point of calling together a quick press conference to announce the parents aren't "cooperating"??

I think others have made a good point that it might have been done to start the process of winning the court of public opinion.

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7974663)
that part about the polygraph is BS (IMO). it doesn't measure 'deception', it registers changes in your body. and the results are basically subject to the interpretation of the 'administrator' of the test.

I would've told them to stick it, if they wanted to perform a polygraph test on me.

again, just my opinion.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. You know they usually they will look at the parents no matter what, I would tell them right away, give me a polygraph and rule me out so you can focus on catching the real bad guy.

I think it was Jennifer Klaus? who was murdered years ago, her dad did the same thing and they were able to spend more of their time looking for the guy and got him.

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7974681)
I think others have made a good point that it might have been done to start the process of winning the court of public opinion.

I think it is done so the media can put a camera on them, ask them some tough questions, put more focus on them and see if they will crack. Especially since soon after they quite talking with police, they also announced they won't be talking with anymore media either.

Coogs 10-07-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7974675)

I think it also coincided with the pulling of the search teams from the area of the home. The police were taking down the yellow tape, and pulling all of the officers out of that area... satisfied that they had searched that entire area enough times that they were not going to find the baby in said area.

I do not know if it was reported in this thread, but apparently yesterday about 150 police officers did a shoulder-to-shoulder search of a wooded area right behind the house, and the parents got into an arguement with the head of the search unit about why that search was necessary.

TheGuardian 10-07-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7974696)
I think it also coincided with the pulling of the search teams from the area of the home. The police were taking down the yellow tape, and pulling all of the officers out of that area... satisfied that they had searched that entire area enough times that they were not going to find the baby in said area.

I do not know if it was reported in this thread, but apparently yesterday about 150 police officers did a shoulder-to-shoulder search of a wooded area right behind the house, and the parents got into an arguement with the head of the search unit about why that search was necessary.

Ummmm wut?

Dayze 10-07-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7974682)
Really? I was thinking the opposite. You know they usually they will look at the parents no matter what, I would tell them right away, give me a polygraph and rule me out so you can focus on catching the real bad guy.

I think it was Jennifer Klaus? who was murdered years ago, her dad did the same thing and they were able to spend more of their time looking for the guy and got him.

Yeah. I can see that side of it too for sure. I guess I'm just too worried that the administrator of the 'exam' would interpret something incorrectly etc, that might lead to a witch hunt / or them spending too much time focusing on me.

I think in MO, polygraphs can't be used as evidence, but they can be used to sort of compliment the investigation/focus the line of questioning etc. I 'think'...not 100%.

I'm probably just paranoid, but for the most part (IMO) talking with police is always a bad idea. even if you're innocent; you never know what can come of it. I'm not saying 'never talk to a cop ever'!...but if one were to be brought in for any sort of "interview"/interrogation (same thing), the less you say the better when you don't have a lawyer; regardless of if you think you're innocent.

Dayze 10-07-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7974694)
I think it is done so the media can put a camera on them, ask them some tough questions, put more focus on them and see if they will crack. Especially since soon after they quite talking with police, they also announced they won't be talking with anymore media either.

good point.

Coogs 10-07-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7974700)
Ummmm wut?

I didn't think I stuttered, so...ummmm wut... would you like me to clarify?

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 02:13 PM

I know that reports are coming out about the mother, but the dad just seems to have a "deer in the headlights" look to him, lack of emotion, that strikes me as beyond strange. Maybe they both are involved. A little too wierd also that he hadn't ever worked a bit of overtime until that particular night. Maybe the mom was responsible, but I think he knows something.

Mojo Rising 10-07-2011 02:17 PM

I read in article this morning that a call came from the house at 2:30 am. They did not give any further info.

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 7974717)
I read in article this morning that a call came from the house at 2:30 am. They did not give any further info.

:hmmm: what about the whole no phones thing?

Baby Lisa's Parents Get in Heated Discussion with Police

Tensions are running high in day three of the search for missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police and FBI agents returned to the home on Thursday where baby Lisa was feared abducted.

Investigators also descended on a wooded area about a mile away from the home to search for the third time, only this time investigators walked shoulder-to-shoulder in hopes of finding any evidence that might lead them to baby Lisa.

FOX 4's John Pepitone describes a heated conversation police had with the baby's parents at the wooded area where police were searching. According to witnesses, the parents, Jeremy Irwin and Debbie Bradley, were seen having an animated discussion with police before speeding off in their car.

Police told Pepitone they believe the parents' emotional exchange was in response to investigators returning to the woods to search for the third time.

Coogs 10-07-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7974731)
:hmmm: what about the whole no phones thing?

Baby Lisa's Parents Get in Heated Discussion with Police

Tensions are running high in day three of the search for missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police and FBI agents returned to the home on Thursday where baby Lisa was feared abducted.

Investigators also descended on a wooded area about a mile away from the home to search for the third time, only this time investigators walked shoulder-to-shoulder in hopes of finding any evidence that might lead them to baby Lisa.

FOX 4's John Pepitone describes a heated conversation police had with the baby's parents at the wooded area where police were searching. According to witnesses, the parents, Jeremy Irwin and Debbie Bradley, were seen having an animated discussion with police before speeding off in their car.

Police told Pepitone they believe the parents' emotional exchange was in response to investigators returning to the woods to search for the third time.

:thumb: Thank you!

Chiefnj2 10-07-2011 02:29 PM

Wouldn't the husband have had his cell phone with him since he was returning from work? Why leave it home?

ReynardMuldrake 10-07-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7974711)
I know that reports are coming out about the mother, but the dad just seems to have a "deer in the headlights" look to him, lack of emotion, that strikes me as beyond strange. Maybe they both are involved. A little too wierd also that he hadn't ever worked a bit of overtime until that particular night. Maybe the mom was responsible, but I think he knows something.

I have a suspicion that the mother maybe killed the kid accidentally and they both are trying to cover it up. She supposedly had a cold and was crying a lot before this all happened. :hmmm:

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7974749)
Wouldn't the husband have had his cell phone with him since he was returning from work? Why leave it home?

I don't think it is likely a husband working until 4am with a sick infant at home would leave a cell phone at home.

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 02:45 PM

I feel sorry for the other two kids she had from other relationships which appear to both be from different dads since one is black and one is white.

TheGuardian 10-07-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7974707)
I didn't think I stuttered, so...ummmm wut... would you like me to clarify?

No I'm just baffled by that information. A very "WTF?" kind of thing.

Coogs 10-07-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7974802)

:thumb:

Coogs 10-07-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 7974802)

Watching KCTV5 (local CBS) right now. Just said the FBI has returned to the home with metal detectors and is searching the back yards of the home and neighbors homes looking for something that may provide more information to help in the case.

Deberg_1990 10-07-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7974779)
I feel sorry for the other two kids she had from other relationships which appear to both be from different dads since one is black and one is white.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Titty Meat 10-07-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7972259)
They should probably look at her facebook.

Does she have a bazillion pics of the kid, is her account just to friends, friends of friends or open for the world to see. In that case, maybe look back and see if they could run down an IP of someone who spent signficant time looking at pics of her kids.....never know.

If they have other kids in the home, it almost would have to be someone they know, an acquaintance of someone they know, or someone they're around with that baby.

Alot of times, aren't these crimes committed by a woman who has recently lost a baby or had a miscarriage?

Some hobo doesn't walk down a neighborhood street, randomly pick a window and take a baby.

Nope.

Titty Meat 10-07-2011 03:09 PM

BTW just spoke to my neighbor who works at Deffenbaugh. He said there were a few FBI agents out there the day after the baby was reported missing.

Chiefnj2 10-07-2011 03:11 PM

Who breaks into a house and turns (and leaves) all the lights on??

allen_kcCard 10-07-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7974828)
Who breaks into a house and turns (and leaves) all the lights on??

Possibly, someone that just snatched a baby and is trying to get out without tripping all over crap?

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7974816)
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Well, it would all depend if both were guilty of course, which they may not be, but it doesn't look promising.

For one, both kids have already had to deal with seperation from their real seperate dads, now it looks like they may both be dealing with maybe losing their real mom, live in dad, sister and maybe eachother if they went to seperate homes.

Of course, they could be better off, but it makes me feel sorry for them none the less.

Chiefnj2 10-07-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7974830)
Possibly, someone that just snatched a baby and is trying to get out without tripping all over crap?

With a wide open window? Turn on the lights and risk waking someone/everyone?

allen_kcCard 10-07-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7974902)
With a wide open window? Turn on the lights and risk waking someone/everyone?

I don't know where said window is at, so maybe. And, it would be pretty hard to get myself and a baby through a window. It is one thing to climb through with both hands, another to do it holding someone with at least one of them.

There are a lot of unknowns on what happened, a reason for turning on lights being one of them.

Not saying I don't think the parents are behind it, but trying to look at it from both sides.

Coogs 10-07-2011 04:07 PM

NBC 41 just had a map of the inside of the home... and traced the path an intruder would have had to taken both thru the window or the door. Seems highly unlikely someone could have done this without being noticed.

Facing house... window is on front right, enter window into computer room, go three or four steps forward, turn left, go three or four steps through door to living room, turn right go 2 or 3 steps through door to hall by boys bedroom, turn left for step or two, turn right into babys room... which is between boys room and parents room all the way at the back center of the house. Very similar if through the front door... but just a straight shot back to the hall... which could be entered from both the right or left side.

Very small baby room right between bigger boys and parents room. Looks to me like anyone breaking in to steal baby would have had to have known exactly where they were going not to disturb anyone else in the house.

stevieray 10-07-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7974711)

....not everyone has the same mental makeup...you'd have to be pretty strong to not get worked up and lose it. I'd be surpised if I could even talk to the media without going off...that said....

this is gut wrenching.

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 7975046)
....not everyone has the same mental makeup...you'd have to be pretty strong to not get worked up and lose it. I'd be surpised if I could even talk to the media without going off...that said....

this is gut wrenching.

This is how I feel too. I think most dads of such a beautifull little girl would be a complete wreck too, I get teared up even thinking about something happening to my boys. And when the mother of that girl is infront of the cameras crying talking about her, he is just staring at her with just nothing. Also, I noticed when he was talking she abruptly interupted him, which almost seemed strange.

She also now says she left the front door unlocked, and says it is the first time she had ever done that. Why would someone break in a front window especially when the front door is unlocked? Not to mention turn on all the lights and steal cell phones that most of us would assume could leave a trace while everyone sleeps next door.

She says all 3 phones were on counter being reprogrammed? I guess I am just lucky, I have never had to do that to a phone before. Is this common for anyone else?

He is working nights with a sick infant at home but leaves his phone at home?
He had never worked a bit of overtime before but did that particular night. :hmmm: Did someone working nights and being kept awake during the day with a crying sick baby try and give himself an alibi and his wife plenty of time?

Grrrr I hope they gave the baby to a relative or something. Their whole story just seems fabricated. I hope she is somewhere safe.

dirk digler 10-07-2011 06:29 PM

Definitely sounds like one of the parents did this but my guess is the wife

ForeverChiefs58 10-08-2011 08:36 AM

Sad

FBI, Police Search Landfill For Body

SHAWNEE, Kan. -- FBI agents, along with Kansas City police, searched a Johnson County, Kan., landfill Friday in connection with the case of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton said agents were conducting a secondary search at the landfill at Interstate 435 and Holliday Drive. Investigators were also there on Tuesday looking for evidence.

"About noon today, a team of federal agents came and they entered the landfill searching for a missing person. Yes, it has to do with Lisa Irwin," said Tom Coffman of Deffenbaugh.

FBI agents searched a 20-to- 30-acre section of the landfill, but came away with nothing. KMBC's Peggy Breit reported that the FBI told landfill executives that they were searching for a body.

Coffman said the trash agents searched came from the area of the Irwin home.
Lisa disappeared from her parents' home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue sometime between 10:30 p.m. Monday night and 4 a.m. on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29419762/de...#ixzz1aCWkOLor

Bugeater 10-08-2011 09:24 AM

Ugh, that has to be a miserable job. I'm not sure what kind of luck they're going to have, some kid here in Omaha disappeared quite a few years ago and authorities spent days and days searching a landfill but never found him.

luv 10-08-2011 09:32 AM

Could it be a cover up? Maybe she died, maybe at the hands of one of the parents, and they staged the entire "kidnapping."

SAUTO 10-08-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7976022)
Could it be a cover up? Maybe she died, maybe at the hands of one of the parents, and they staged the entire "kidnapping."

Have you read any of the comments in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 10-08-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

You were born yesterday right?

luv 10-08-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 7976029)
Have you read any of the comments in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not really.

SAUTO 10-08-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7976036)
Not really.

Probably should next time.

It would make you seem smarter
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58 10-08-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...6o2ao1_500.jpg

j/k with ya Luv, I just love using that pic

Hootie 10-08-2011 09:47 AM

lol

KingPriest2 10-08-2011 09:47 AM

Sad yes but this is not out of the norm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7975922)
Sad

FBI, Police Search Landfill For Body

SHAWNEE, Kan. -- FBI agents, along with Kansas City police, searched a Johnson County, Kan., landfill Friday in connection with the case of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton said agents were conducting a secondary search at the landfill at Interstate 435 and Holliday Drive. Investigators were also there on Tuesday looking for evidence.

"About noon today, a team of federal agents came and they entered the landfill searching for a missing person. Yes, it has to do with Lisa Irwin," said Tom Coffman of Deffenbaugh.

FBI agents searched a 20-to- 30-acre section of the landfill, but came away with nothing. KMBC's Peggy Breit reported that the FBI told landfill executives that they were searching for a body.

Coffman said the trash agents searched came from the area of the Irwin home.
Lisa disappeared from her parents' home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue sometime between 10:30 p.m. Monday night and 4 a.m. on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29419762/de...#ixzz1aCWkOLor

luv 10-08-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 7976042)
Probably should next time.

It would make you seem smarter
Posted via Mobile Device

How so? I can't come to conclusions on my own and post them? My comment did not make me appear dumb. It just made me look like I wasn't paying attention, which I wasn't.

Hootie 10-08-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7976048)
How so? I can't come to conclusions on my own and post them? My comment did not make me appear dumb. It just made me look like I wasn't paying attention, which I wasn't.

I came into the thread thinking it might be a Casey Anthony thing so I read the comments before I posted anything...

Just saying...

SAUTO 10-08-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Coming in and asking people's opinion when most in the thread have given it makes you look dumb.

Sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58 10-08-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

No worries Luv, the parents MIGHT still be innocent.

Of course Cassie Anthony MIGHT be innocent too, and monkeys MIGHT fly out my butt.

luv 10-08-2011 09:56 AM

Wow. My bad then. I didn't realize people got bent out of shape over such things, especially considering people do it all the time on here. I forgot to say, "I haven't read the thread, so sorry if this has been posted, but...."

Al Bundy 10-08-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7976065)
No worries Luv, the parents MIGHT still be innocent.

Of course Cassie Anthony MIGHT be innocent too, and monkeys MIGHT fly out my butt.

Cassie Anthony?

ForeverChiefs58 10-08-2011 09:59 AM

Wow.

Missing Baby Lisa: Teen Questioned as Police Look Into California Tip

Authorities are looking into two new leads today in the case of a missing 10-month-old Missouri baby.

Lisa Irwin has missing from her Kansas City home since Monday night.

On Friday, a teenage neighbor of Lisa's parents was questioned by investigators and forensic experts took a DNA sample, a source told ABC News. That neighbor was apparently at the home the day Lisa vanished and also knew the access code to the family's garage.

However, police said they still have no suspects.

Investigators are also looking into reports from the west coast, where a couple was seen with a small child fitting Lisa's description, relative Mike Lerette told ABC affiliate KMBC-TV.

"They're pursuing surveillance tape on a couple with the baby in California," said Lerette.

FBI Special agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett said the first of those leads is a more feasible possibility than the second from California.

"I can tell you based on experience of working high profile abductions that you get leads from literally all over the world. Is that possible? Of course it's possible. Is it likely? I don't think so," Garrett said. "I think this situation is probably going to stay within the Kansas City area."

Earlier on Friday, the FBI and police searched through a landfill for a second time, but found nothing.

Agents armed with metal detectors were back at the home shared by Lisa's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley.

Police are not commenting but the leads could be the first real progress since Tuesday -- when Jeremy Irwin said he came home from working an overnight shift and found his daughter's crib empty, a window open and the family's three cell phones gone.

"The windows were open and lights were on and she was nowhere to be found," Irwin told "Good Morning America" Thursday. "We've been going over everything in our minds. We just don't have any idea."

Irwin said that his front door was unlocked when he returned home from work as an electrician at 4 a.m. to find his daughter missing.

crazycoffey 10-08-2011 03:42 PM

I bet it's Casey Anthony revisited,
is it?

Old Dog 10-08-2011 03:43 PM

damnit....I keep opening this thread hoping it's good news

Deberg_1990 10-11-2011 06:46 AM

Not much new.....

Clay County grand jury issued subpoenas Monday to all the local network TV affiliates, requesting any raw footage of interviews with missing infant Lisa Irwin’s family, friends or neighbors

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/10...#ixzz1aTckBDDe

BigCatDaddy 10-11-2011 07:23 AM

I heard this morning they are going to arrest the mom.

Deberg_1990 10-11-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7985845)
I heard this morning they are going to arrest the mom.

With what evidence?

Stewie 10-11-2011 07:27 AM

They aren't going to arrest the mom. The aunt said the mom thinks she's going to be arrested today, but the police department said that's nonsense.