ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

Archie F. Swin 01-13-2012 11:08 AM

Checking in at 191 and change.

averaging 25 minutes daily on EA Active 2 for Wii. Trying to cap my daily calorie intake at 1500 along with increasing fruit, veggies and water. My core has become more solid.

I dont want to be buff, I just want to be habitually healthy.

Buck 01-13-2012 04:49 PM

Well I'm glad there's at least still a couple people checking into this thing. Last year's thread seemed to be updated every single day. I'm afraid that 2012 has been a bad year for resolutions so far.

Dartgod 01-13-2012 05:30 PM

The wife and I both started Weight Watchers online earlier this week. It has been pretty easy so far, making better choices and watching portion sizes, yet eating good food.

We've recommitted to working out at least 4-5 days a week. First weigh in is Sunday, so we'll see how it went.

luv 01-13-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292291)
Well I'm glad there's at least still a couple people checking into this thing. Last year's thread seemed to be updated every single day. I'm afraid that 2012 has been a bad year for resolutions so far.

Actually, it's been a very good year for me.

Buck 01-13-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8292387)
Actually, it's been a very good year for me.

Yup :thumb: I've noticed. You and I are the only ones who are really posting regularly in this thread. Keep it up, I know I will. (heh)

O.city 01-13-2012 05:38 PM

Me and the wife started the Paleo diet last week. It sucks but it's going great. I've been working out pretty hard core, when I can. It's tough with having 27 hours this semester.

Anyway, we are working pretty hard.

luv 01-13-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292389)
Yup :thumb: I've noticed. You and I are the only ones who are really posting regularly in this thread. Keep it up, I know I will. (heh)

I plan to. I'm not dieting. I'm simply changing how I eat and what I eat. I'm not doing any of the fad diet, meal supplements, pills, etc. Just being more aware of what goes into my body. Losing weight is simply burning more calories than you consume. I just want the calories that I am consuming to be good for my body and my health.

Buck 01-13-2012 05:47 PM

Well God Damnit. I went out for a bike ride around the lake and I noticed my bike was making a weird noise. I got off the bike and rolled it while walking next to it to see if I could figure out what it was. The back brake is stuck so that it's always touching the wheel. I need an Allen Wrench to loosen it, which I don't have. The back brake is nearly worn off too. This sucks.

I bought the thing for $30 yesterday and was super excited. I need to make a trip to the hardware store to fix it now. Guess I won't ride until tomorrow. I got about a quarter mile away from my house and then rode back. Even the half mile I rode wore me out. I need to ease into getting back into working out. I think I may go out for a walk a little later.

chiefs2012 01-13-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292409)
Well God Damnit. I went out for a bike ride around the lake and I noticed my bike was making a weird noise. I got off the bike and rolled it while walking next to it to see if I could figure out what it was. The back brake is stuck so that it's always touching the wheel. I need an Allen Wrench to loosen it, which I don't have. The back brake is nearly worn off too. This sucks.

I bought the thing for $30 yesterday and was super excited. I need to make a trip to the hardware store to fix it now. Guess I won't ride until tomorrow. I got about a quarter mile away from my house and then rode back. Even the half mile I rode wore me out. I need to ease into getting back into working out. I think I may go out for a walk a little later.

I will run your ass until you can't eat supper.

Buck 01-13-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8292492)
I will run your ass until you can't eat supper.

Are you a personal trainer?

Caseyguyrr 01-13-2012 06:37 PM

i want in this

mnchiefsguy 01-13-2012 06:38 PM

No real update for me...I am only weighing in once a week (Mondays), and I have not really gotten my exercise off to any kind of start yet.

Wife signed us up at the YMCA..so I have that option. My neighbors have also offered to loan me their DVD sets of P90x and Insanity if I want them.

I also have Biggest Loser and EA fitness (first one) for the Wii. I may try that out first, since I think I am so out of shape that P90x or Insanity would probably kill me.

Feeling pretty good so far. Keeping the carb count down under 100 per day, and avoiding wheat/gluten. I have noticed that avoiding the gluten has helped my blood sugar reading immensely. Not seeing the huge spikes I was seeing after meals, even if I have a few potatoes.

Will see what happens. Hoping to get some exercise in over the weekend so I can have a decent number on Monday!

chiefs2012 01-13-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292494)
Are you a personal trainer?

I can be.

keg in kc 01-13-2012 06:41 PM

I'm not weighing myself until my birthday (february 15th) so I won't have a whole lot of input regarding this until after that point.

I can say that I've been running and biking both in January thanks to the mild weather, and I've now gone 13 days without dining out.

Buck 01-13-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8292500)
No real update for me...I am only weighing in once a week (Mondays), and I have not really gotten my exercise off to any kind of start yet.

Wife signed us up at the YMCA..so I have that option. My neighbors have also offered to loan me their DVD sets of P90x and Insanity if I want them.

I also have Biggest Loser and EA fitness (first one) for the Wii. I may try that out first, since I think I am so out of shape that P90x or Insanity would probably kill me.

Feeling pretty good so far. Keeping the carb count down under 100 per day, and avoiding wheat/gluten. I have noticed that avoiding the gluten has helped my blood sugar reading immensely. Not seeing the huge spikes I was seeing after meals, even if I have a few potatoes.

Will see what happens. Hoping to get some exercise in over the weekend so I can have a decent number on Monday!

Get your carb count down to 50 or less and increase your fat intake and I bet you'll lose weight a lot faster....

Not sure if that's your goal or not though.

whoman69 01-13-2012 08:11 PM

I have lost a pound so far. I need to really ramp up the exercise. I also need to find a graph of calorie requirements and stick closer to that. Hurts because I'm an anti-vegetarian, but I can make this work. I couple years ago I lost 17 pounds, but let it slowly get back on. Want to have a nice beach body for my trip to Virginia Beach this summer.

Kyle DeLexus 01-13-2012 08:17 PM

down 4lbs.

mnchiefsguy 01-13-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292554)
Get your carb count down to 50 or less and increase your fat intake and I bet you'll lose weight a lot faster....

Not sure if that's your goal or not though.

I can only go a few days at the super low carb before I get a little nutty. Looking back on this week however, I only had one day over 60 carbs, the rest of them were actually around the 45-55 mark, so I guess I was consuming less carbs than I thought. First week's weight loss was decent, and I have noticed a difference in the way my pants fit, which is a good thing.

How many days do you super low carb it before you allow yourself a day to treat yourself (within reason)?

Buck 01-13-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8292838)
I can only go a few days at the super low carb before I get a little nutty. Looking back on this week however, I only had one day over 60 carbs, the rest of them were actually around the 45-55 mark, so I guess I was consuming less carbs than I thought. First week's weight loss was decent, and I have noticed a difference in the way my pants fit, which is a good thing.

How many days do you super low carb it before you allow yourself a day to treat yourself (within reason)?

I don't have the desire to eat any carbs.

I don't think I will.

At about the 8 day mark of no carb, I lost all desire for them. It's smooth sailing from here on out.

mnchiefsguy 01-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292840)
I don't have the desire to eat any carbs.

I don't think I will.

At about the 8 day mark of no carb, I lost all desire for them. It's smooth sailing from here on out.

Cool. Not sure I can ever give up my desire for Pizza....

Dartgod 01-15-2012 08:33 AM

Weighed 258 this morning, so down 6 pounds the first week. :thumb:

BigRedChief 01-15-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8297438)
Weighed 258 this morning, so down 6 pounds the first week. :thumb:

Nice start. :clap:

memyselfI 01-15-2012 09:14 AM

I haven't been on the scale and won't probably until June or later. I can report that size 6 pants, which did not fit before, now fit though a bit snug for my taste. I'm working on losing the muffin top now that the pants can button. :)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 11:05 AM

I have no idea where I'm at. I haven't gotten back into the gym yet, but my eating has changed over the last week. I'm purposely wearing oversized clothes to keep me in the dark on it. I have my reasons for it. In any case, the goal is to get back in the gym this week andbget the fitness going. We'll see what happens.

Buck 01-15-2012 03:00 PM

Down to 282. 13 lbs gone.

whoman69 01-15-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8292845)
Cool. Not sure I can ever give up my desire for Pizza....

I looked at a package of pizza. 350 calories per slice. I tried to get by on one piece and found I could do it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 06:09 PM

Buck, explain low carb to me and a sample menu of what you eat in a day if you don't mind. I'm considering it.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8300096)
Buck, explain low carb to me and a sample menu of what you eat in a day if you don't mind. I'm considering it.

Typical Day

-Breakfast: 3 eggs, 4 slices of Bacon
-Snack: 1 oz of Almonds
-Dinner: 1 Chicken Thigh or Breast or 10 oz steak with asparagus

Water all day, sometimes tea or coffee. Crystal Light occasionally.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:17 PM

Other days I only eat breakfast and have about 4-8 no carb cocktails at night, but I'm trying to limit that.

Funny story, I was at the bar the other night, and I was completely obliterated. I've been taking a supplement that helps decrease your appetite. The problem was that I wasn't feeling drunk. I drank about 7 cocktails before the supplement wore off and then I was drunk within seconds. I ended up drinking 2 or 3 more that night.

The bar closed and I stayed with the owner as she closed up. She made herself some kind of healthy choice microwaveable meal and she was like, here eat this. I ate all her green beans. I didn't eat anything else on the plate.

Glad I even have self control when I'm completely blitzed.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8300140)
Other days I only eat breakfast and have about 4-8 no carb cocktails at night, but I'm trying to limit that.

Funny story, I was at the bar the other night, and I was completely obliterated. I've been taking a supplement that helps decrease your appetite. The problem was that I wasn't feeling drunk. I drank about 7 cocktails before the supplement wore off and then I was drunk within seconds. I ended up drinking 2 or 3 more that night.

The bar closed and I stayed with the owner as she closed up. She made herself some kind of healthy choice microwaveable meal and she was like, here eat this. I ate all her green beans. I didn't eat anything else on the plate.

Glad I even have self control when I'm completely blitzed.

You're one up on me. I'll eat anything when I'm drunk. Any harm in diet soda? I've heard before thatzs a no-no.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8300341)
You're one up on me. I'll eat anything when I'm drunk. Any harm in diet soda? I've heard before thatzs a no-no.

A couple things that I have read is that Aspartame hinders weight loss.

Also, if you keep drinking it, even though it is no-carb, it makes you keep the desire for the carbs. It's a substitute, but it's sweet, so you'll keep wanting sweet shit.

It's loads better than non-diet though, and if you're a soda drinker, even if you're not dieting, you're way better off than drinking what basically amounts to pure sugar out of a can.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8300363)
A couple things that I have read is that Aspartame hinders weight loss.

Also, if you keep drinking it, even though it is no-carb, it makes you keep the desire for the carbs. It's a substitute, but it's sweet, so you'll keep wanting sweet shit.

It's loads better than non-diet though, and if you're a soda drinker, even if you're not dieting, you're way better off than drinking what basically amounts to pure sugar out of a can.

Big time soda drinker, but no regular in years. I drink Pepsi Max almost exclusively. I don't think it has aspartame in it, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8300420)
Big time soda drinker, but no regular in years. I drink Pepsi Max almost exclusively. I don't think it has aspartame in it, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it. Thanks.

It does.

keg in kc 01-15-2012 07:02 PM

I actually haven't had a soda in two weeks, the same amount of time I've gone without fast food.

Ironically it wasn't a conscious or pre-meditated decision this time. For whatever reason on New Year's Day I just stopped going out to eat. Wasn't planned, and hasn't even been a struggle so far. My caloric intake overall has to be way, way down so far for the new year.

I have a birthday in a month, we'll see if I can make it that long. I'm going to celebrate 38 by gorging on BBQ.

Buck 01-15-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8300517)
I actually haven't had a soda in two weeks, the same amount of time I've gone without fast food.

Ironically it wasn't a conscious or pre-meditated decision this time. For whatever reason on New Year's day I just stopped going out to eat. Hasn't even been a struggle so far.

I have a birthday in a month, we'll see if I can make it that long. I'm going to celebrate 38 by gorging on BBQ.

My birthday is next Saturday. Not sure what I'm going to do.

I might break the diet for one day, if only to be able to drink beer.

Renegade 01-15-2012 07:37 PM

Down 8.5 after one week of hitting it hard. I have been doing Weight Watchers online, and it is working for me. I know this may not be the route for others, but I like the tracking. 30-60 minute workouts 5 days a week is just gravy on top.

Buck 01-16-2012 06:08 AM

Okay, tonight was really fun until really late.

I didn't eat shit today except for some peanuts.

I got a text from a former person....and now I'm all out of sorts. WTF. Can't sleep. Took some sleeping meds.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Nzoner 01-16-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8300121)
Typical Day

-Breakfast: 3 eggs, 4 slices of Bacon
-Snack: 1 oz of Almonds
-Dinner: 1 Chicken Thigh or Breast or 10 oz steak with asparagus

Water all day, sometimes tea or coffee. Crystal Light occasionally.

I lost 82 lbs in 10 months on low carb,one of my favorite meals was taco salad without any shell or chips.

BTW,I'm down to 216.4,made it through play-off weekend drinking Crown on the rocks and not one drop of beer.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2012 12:42 PM

Second weigh in was meh for me. Down a little, but not much. (271.6). Down almost 10 pounds from the start, but I probably need to cut the carbs further back. It is just really, really tough living without breads and pasta!

Still trying to stay gluten free as well, have noticed that while it has not enhanced any weight loss, it has had a very positive impact on my blood sugar.

Started exercising on the Wii yesterday, and will hit it everyday this week and see what that does for things.

Ceej 01-16-2012 01:23 PM

So, I've found an alternative for pop.

I've been buying the flavored water from walmart. It's 64 cents. No calories, sugars, fat. But, it has Aspartame - which I've heard isn't the best for my body.

Thoughts?

Ceej 01-16-2012 01:26 PM

Wrong thread, sorry guys.

Predarat 01-16-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8302611)
Wrong thread, sorry guys.

That is actually useful in this thread.

Buck 01-16-2012 05:17 PM

The Franchise 01-17-2012 11:59 AM

I'm not weighing in until it's time.

The bad thing right now is I've had to spend all of my time working on the house we just bought. The good thing is all of that work is kicking my ass.

luv 01-17-2012 12:26 PM

Going to an infrared spa after work Thursday. A half hour session burns a few hundred calories.

The Franchise 01-17-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8305363)
Going to an infrared spa after work Thursday. A half hour session burns a few hundred calories.

Do you just sit there the entire time?

luv 01-17-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8305375)
Do you just sit there the entire time?

Yes. It's heat. You burn calories from your body working to maintain it's core temperature. It's also good for joint pain and relaxing muscles. They say that the best time to go is right after you work out.

Frosty 01-17-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8305399)
Yes. It's heat. You burn calories from your body working to maintain it's core temperature. It's also good for joint pain and relaxing muscles. They say that the best time to go is right after you work out.

How does that work - burning calories to reduce heat? If anything, it should reduce calorie burn to reduce the heat load.

Most of the research I have seen relates to using cold to up the calorie burn. An ice bath is effective, though not nearly as pleasant.

luv 01-17-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8305438)
How does that work - burning calories to reduce heat? If anything, it should reduce calorie burn to reduce the heat load.

Most of the research I have seen relates to using cold to up the calorie burn. An ice bath is effective, though not nearly as pleasant.

Reading a little closer, it's more for detoxification. It also increases cardiovascular circulation. It aides weight loss by speeding up the metabolic process of vital organs and endocrine glands resulting in substantial caloric loss. Weight loss isn't the main goal. I also did a 10-day cleanse, which I can already tell after day 7 has helped a lot. Out with the bad stuff and in with the good stuff. I think the sauna sessions will help. It's chilly this week, but the spa is only about 1 1/2 miles from my house, so as soon as it warms up out a little, I am going to starting walking there.

Frosty 01-17-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8305460)
It aides weight loss by speeding up the metabolic process of vital organs and endocrine glands resulting in substantial caloric loss.

LMAO

It should feel great, though. Stress relief is healthful.

luv 01-17-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8305469)
LMAO

It should feel great, though. Stress relief is healthful.

http://www.infrared-sauna-reference....ight-loss.html
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5417353...ight-loss.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_sauna
http://www.evolutionhealth.com/infra...ight_loss.html
http://www.wccomfort.com/sauna-revie...a-weight-loss/

Yes, I realize a couple of the sites (bottom two) are actually selling saunas.

Frosty 01-17-2012 01:58 PM

The "melting your fat so that you can sweat it out" line is pretty humorous.

Simple biology fail.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eVvMgZCDc1...0/SteveLoL.jpg

Ultra Peanut 01-17-2012 03:16 PM

I've lost about 15 pounds (170ish to 150s) and gone from "wholly sedentary" to "moderately active" over the past half-year, and -- surprise! -- I feel better about my body and my health than I've ever felt in my entire life. I lost a ton of weight with an extreme diet a few years ago and kept about 60 of the 80 pounds I initially lost off, then dropped 15 more over a year purely through calorie-counting, but this feels so much less tenuous because I'm actually eating around my maintenance levels every day and, for the first time ever, I have faith in my metabolism to actually work in my favor.

Best of lucks to everyone participating, regardless of the method you're using to live more healthylike. It's really hard sometimes but so worth it.

Buck 01-17-2012 03:56 PM

Good job UP.

Anyone doing low Carb, these things are ****ing bomb.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...-pancakes.html

The Franchise 01-17-2012 04:00 PM

Anyone have a good website about going low-carb? Basic recipes.....snacks.....that type of shit.

Demonpenz 01-17-2012 04:04 PM

I've been absolutely been paying the price as late. 1100 or so cals a day walking 60 minutes a day. It sucks but I can tell the different. Hard work and going through hell you will see the results.

Buck 01-17-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8305966)
Anyone have a good website about going low-carb? Basic recipes.....snacks.....that type of shit.

Reddit.com/keto

Sofa King 01-17-2012 07:18 PM

Is it ok to come in here and make fun of Pestilence's weight?

luv 01-17-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8306511)

Of course.

Buck 01-17-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8306511)

Can I go into the thread about tranny-lovers and make fun of you liking trannies?

Buck 01-17-2012 09:08 PM

I made some fake mashed potatoes tonight.

1/2 of a whole cauliflower, boiled for like 40 minutes.

Mash in bowl with a potato masher, mix in salt and pepper to taste, a spoonful of sour cream, about a 1/4 cup of cheese, 2 slices of bacon chopped into bits and 1 tsp of butter.

They still tasted a little like cauliflower, but it was still good. I ate it with some ground beef that I fried up, and when I took a fork full of meat with the "potatoes" you couldn't taste cauliflower at all.

Best meal I've had since doing low-carb.

Nzoner 01-17-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8306786)
I made some fake mashed potatoes tonight.

1/2 of a whole cauliflower, boiled for like 40 minutes.

Mash in bowl with a potato masher, mix in salt and pepper to taste, a spoonful of sour cream, about a 1/4 cup of cheese, 2 slices of bacon chopped into bits and 1 tsp of butter.

They still tasted a little like cauliflower, but it was still good. I ate it with some ground beef that I fried up, and when I took a fork full of meat with the "potatoes" you couldn't taste cauliflower at all.

Best meal I've had since doing low-carb.

Have you tried spaghetti squash yet to satisfy a pasta craving? BTW I am so trying those pancakes.

Buck 01-17-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8306990)
have you tried spaghetti squash yet to satisfy a pasta craving?

Nope, I'll take a look into it though.

Thanks!

Kyle DeLexus 01-17-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8306992)

Thanks!

I've also heard of people doing eggplant spaghetti, not sure how it'd be as I've never even had eggplant.

Archie F. Swin 01-17-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8305981)
1100 or so cals a day walking 60 minutes a day.

on hot coals?

Ultra Peanut 01-18-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8306543)
Can I go into the thread about tranny-lovers and make fun of you liking trannies?

http://i.imgur.com/lwKMR.jpg

(No but seriously, I have zero idea what the background is with Sofa King or the thread you alluded to, but "tranny" is incredibly demeaning, hurtful language and is regularly used to humiliate, dehumanize, and threaten Actual Human Beings™ who already have to face myriad challenges just to live relatively peaceful lives with a modicum of basic human dignity. It's a genuinely threatening word to encounter and being trans sucks enough without a word floating around in common parlance that turns trans people into a punchline -- a punchline that's at a far higher risk of assault and murder than the general population in large part because it's incredibly easy for people to think of trannies as Not Real People. This isn't intended to scold you or ask for an apology, because I understand it's a relatively socially acceptable word, but if you -- and anyone else who uses it -- could just consider not using it, that would be very awesome.)

P.S. DIETZ

Buck 01-18-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8307296)
http://i.imgur.com/lwKMR.jpg

(No but seriously, I have zero idea what the background is with Sofa King or the thread you alluded to, but "tranny" is incredibly demeaning, hurtful language and is regularly used to humiliate, dehumanize, and threaten Actual Human Beings™ who already have to face myriad challenges just to live relatively peaceful lives with a modicum of basic human dignity. It's a genuinely threatening word to encounter and being trans sucks enough without a word floating around in common parlance that turns trans people into a punchline -- a punchline that's at a far higher risk of assault and murder than the general population in large part because it's incredibly easy for people to think of trannies as Not Real People. This isn't intended to scold you or ask for an apology, because I understand it's a relatively socially acceptable word, but if you -- and anyone else who uses it -- could just consider not using it, that would be very awesome.)

P.S. DIETZ

I realized my mistake as soon as I posted it, but I assure you that I meant no harm. It also sucks when people make fun of fat people like they aren't Actual Human Beings™ too.

I'll try to not do that anymore and also sorry.

Ultra Peanut 01-18-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8307311)
I realized my mistake as soon as I posted it, but I assure you that I meant no harm. It also sucks when people make fun of fat people like they aren't Actual Human Beings™ too.

I'll try to not do that anymore and also sorry.

Rad. I like that you're thoughtful enough to do so. And I agree about the fat-remarks and p much any dehumanizing, mocking-due-to-physical-characteristics type terminology. It feels way healthier to recognize when the stuff I say might hurt people and adjust it accordingly. Empathy owns.

Re: topic, I feel like a glutton for maybe possibly eating some cereal to go past 2200kcal on the day, even though maintenance is supposed to be 2300 given my exercise levels. I'm a calorie miser, I suppose.

Nzoner 01-18-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8307077)
I've also heard of people doing eggplant spaghetti, not sure how it'd be as I've never even had eggplant.

Sme here,I can say the spaghetti squash is okay the trick is to make your own homemade sauce and personally I make a damn good low carb one.

Will also mention to anyone reading trying low carb for the first time your first 2-3 weeks are critical in staying under 20 carbs per day so that your body can reach kitosis,once that happens believe me you'll literally start pissing fat from your body.

Nzoner 01-18-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8306992)

Thanks!

Buck one other little trick,if you miss fried chicken,get you some boneless,skinless breasts dip in egg and roll them in crunched up pork rinds and then fry or bake as usual.

luv 01-18-2012 09:34 AM

http://shrinkingleann.blogspot.com/

This is a blog I've been keeping. Was unsure about sharing it on here, but I just don't feel like typing everything twice. Feel free to follow.

The Franchise 01-18-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8307644)
http://shrinkingleann.blogspot.com/

This is a blog I've been keeping. Was unsure about sharing it on here, but I just don't feel like typing everything twice. Feel free to follow.

Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V

Dartgod 01-18-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8307721)
Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V

Hey, can you add me to the thread starter? Beginning weight is 264.

luv 01-18-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8307721)
Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't always say the same things here that I would say elsewhere. That, and I'm trying to get some people to follow by blog. :thumb:

The Franchise 01-18-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8307730)
Hey, can you add me to the thread starter? Beginning weight is 264.

Done.

Buck 01-18-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8307605)
Sme here,I can say the spaghetti squash is okay the trick is to make your own homemade sauce and personally I make a damn good low carb one.

Will also mention to anyone reading trying low carb for the first time your first 2-3 weeks are critical in staying under 20 carbs per day so that your body can reach kitosis,once that happens believe me you'll literally start pissing fat from your body.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but it only takes me about 36 hours to get into full ketosis when I start.

Regardless, I've been staying under 20 a day (minus fiber because that doesn't count). Down to 278.6 from 295 on Jan 1.

Smed1065 01-18-2012 05:26 PM

Not sure but call someone else on their problem...

LOL

mnchiefsguy 01-18-2012 05:32 PM

I have this recipe in the oven now:

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...zza-crust.html

Hoping this flax seed pizza crust is good.If it works, it would truly be an answer to prayer....as having pizza on a regular basis would kill many of my cravings and madness!

Buck 01-18-2012 05:34 PM

Let us know how it turns out and take pics.

Clay has a good recipe for Cauliflower pizza crust, but I don't think he checks this thread.

mnchiefsguy 01-18-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8309138)
Let us know how it turns out and take pics.

Clay has a good recipe for Cauliflower pizza crust, but I don't think he checks this thread.

Meh.......

The Good:

Easy to make and put together. Crust was firm and and had the texture of a real pizza crust. No fork needed, could actually pick up a piece and eat it with your hand if you wanted.

The Bad:

Tasted like dirt. Very dry, no flavor at all. Wound up scraping off the cheese and topping and ate those and threw out about 3/4 of the crust.

I have some hope for this recipe however. I think I just need to figure out a way inject some flavor and moistness into the crust. Am thinking of slightly increasing the amount of Parmesan cheese, slightly decreasing the flax seed meal, and maybe adding some olive oil. Was thinking of maybe adding some stevia as well, as the crust seemed bitter to me.

Also, I think 1/3 of an inch thick is to thick for this crust. Next time, I plan on really rolling it with a rolling pin and get it as thin as possible...try to make it more of a cracker crust.

I have seen and tried many of the low carb pizza recipes on the net...and none of them seem to get it quite right...or at least right enough to fulfill my pizza cravings. This one has great texture, and feels like a real crust...but it just tastes like dirt. Maybe injecting some flavor into it will help. We shall see.