ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL NEW 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257765)

ArrowheadHawk 03-27-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8497509)
Posted: 8:43 PM
Last Updated: 10 hours and 27 minutes ago
By: Jack Harry

It’s about time I do some explaining to KU fans.

First of all, I can live with the prediction I made three months ago that Kansas would not be successful in defending its Big 12 championship.
That should not be considered a bold or wreckless call by any means.
Not when this team had four new starters.

Where I really screwed up in all of this -- what bothers me the most -- is the fact I missed on how much of an impact Bill Self really has on this basketball team.

It goes without saying, he's a great coach.

What sets him apart from most, Bill Self is a brutally honest man.
That's a rare combination in coaching circles

After a December loss to Davidson, Self admitted his team wasn't very good.

He also wondered out loud if this bunch would even make the tournament.

Self then pulled no punches, wondering if his players even liked one another back in December.

This was all coming down only two weeks before the conference season was to begin.

I'm convinced Self was not using those words as some kind of psychological ploy to goose or fire up his troops.
He doesn't operate that way.

Now, three months later, these Jayhawks are two wins away from another national championship.

Still, there have been red flags along the way, as recently last week in this tournament.

The close call against Purdue, then barely surviving against North Carolina State and the shootout against Carolina -- there's one common theme here.

This is one resilient and tough basketball team because of its leader.
How can Bill Self not be the national coach of the year?

Regardless of what happens in New Orleans, this KU team has turned out to be one of the great over-achieving stories in college basketball.
It is a story that I badly whiffed on back in December.
That's Jack’s Smack.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/sports/jacks...#ixzz1qMWSKYBT

Wow, that must have hurt to write.

Mr. Laz 03-27-2012 05:43 PM

NU already hired someone else...

Tulsa is going for Manning now

Lzen 03-28-2012 07:14 AM

Remember Jeff Graves?

I just remember the play feeling like it was in slow motion. The whole game, everything seemed like it was going 100 miles an hour. But that play felt like 1 mile per hour. That one second felt like 10. When Warrick blocked the shot, I just thought, "Noooooo!" I was in disbelief. I thought, "Did Mike have time to pump fake or scoot over?" Looking back, who knows? It seemed like the whole entire season flashed in front of us. We worked so hard to get to that moment, and it all ended on a blocked shot. After the game I was pretty pissed off. I was mad. I felt like some of the guys on the team that had been saying, "Leave it all out on the court" didn't do that themselves. I wanted to go play Syracuse again, right then and there. I couldn't believe that team beat us.

There are a lot of ways you can feel about that game when you look back at it. In the end, though, I just feel blessed to have had an opportunity to play in the national championship game. There aren't too many people in the world that will ever be able to say that. I still think about that night all the time and I'm sure I will for the rest of my life. Every time I hear the name "Syracuse," it brings back the moment. We should've won. When Kansas won the title in 2008, it was both bitter and sweet. I was happy for those guys, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but think, "That should've been us."

http://espn.go.com/ncb/feature/momen...ans-final-four

Fritz88 03-28-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8498321)
I just remember the play feeling like it was in slow motion. The whole game, everything seemed like it was going 100 miles an hour. But that play felt like 1 mile per hour. That one second felt like 10. When Warrick blocked the shot, I just thought, "Noooooo!" I was in disbelief. I thought, "Did Mike have time to pump fake or scoot over?" Looking back, who knows? It seemed like the whole entire season flashed in front of us. We worked so hard to get to that moment, and it all ended on a blocked shot. After the game I was pretty pissed off. I was mad. I felt like some of the guys on the team that had been saying, "Leave it all out on the court" didn't do that themselves. I wanted to go play Syracuse again, right then and there. I couldn't believe that team beat us.

There are a lot of ways you can feel about that game when you look back at it. In the end, though, I just feel blessed to have had an opportunity to play in the national championship game. There aren't too many people in the world that will ever be able to say that. I still think about that night all the time and I'm sure I will for the rest of my life. Every time I hear the name "Syracuse," it brings back the moment. We should've won. When Kansas won the title in 2008, it was both bitter and sweet. I was happy for those guys, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but think, "That should've been us."

http://espn.go.com/ncb/feature/momen...ans-final-four

It still stings.

Dang you Lzen for reminding me.

Lzen 03-28-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8498330)
It still stings.

Dang you Lzen for reminding me.

Yeah, that game sucked. We missed soooo many FTs is was disgusting. I just posted that because it was the same site (New Orleans) as this year's Final Four.

Fritz88 03-28-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8498378)
Yeah, that game sucked. We missed soooo many FTs is was disgusting. I just posted that because it was the same site (New Orleans) as this year's Final Four.

How many'd we missed? 13? ****.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen 03-28-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8498409)
How many'd we missed? 13? ****.
Posted via Mobile Device

If memory serves, it was something like 18 out of 30.

Lzen 03-28-2012 08:36 AM

Time to shine: Withey’s long wait, hard work paying off

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

By Tom Keegan

The college basketball dream Jeff Withey lives — preparing to go to the Final Four after swatting so many key shots that helped his team reach New Orleans — started more like a nightmare packed with cruel teases.
His signed out of Horizon High in San Diego to play for Lute Olson at Arizona, and when the Hall of Fame coach retired, Withey wanted out. The school initially told him he would not be granted a release from his scholarship. His father, Mike, was five minutes from hiring an attorney to try to make it happen when his son finally was set free in December 2008.

Because he had enrolled at Arizona, Withey was not eligible to join the Kansas basketball team on the court until second semester of his redshirt-freshman year, on Dec. 29, 2009 against Belmont. Already playing behind Cole Aldrich, Marcus and Markieff Morris and Thomas Robinson in the frontcourt, Withey’s workout time lost that fall because of a right-knee stress fracture didn’t help. He appeared in 15 games and played 45 minutes in the 2009-2010 season, showing promise by totaling 19 points, 21 rebounds and six blocked shots. Other than in an eight-point, five-rebound effort in 12 minutes of a victory in Ames, Iowa, he never played double-digit minutes.

The departure of Aldrich to the NBA that summer gave Withey a shot at significantly more playing time as a sophomore, but bad luck again hunted down the 7-footer. He broke the metatarsal in his right foot during individual workouts in late September 2010, had surgery and spent several weeks on crutches while his teammates became better.

He needed to gain weight but lost 15 pounds.

“I was stuck in bed,” Withey said. “I couldn’t really move. It was hard to get to the kitchen. It was hard to get anywhere. My armpits were sore just from crutching everywhere. Coming into that year, I thought I was going to be a big contributor, and then I had the foot problem, and it set me back so far I felt like I just kind of lost my chance to contribute and play. It was really depressing.”

Withey reached double-digit minutes in six games and never scored in double figures. He didn’t play in two of the four 2011 NCAA Tournament games and played two minutes apiece in the other games, both blowouts.
Now look at him. Midway through Withey’s junior season, in February, the U.S. Basketball Writers Association named him the Oscar Robertson national player of the week after he scored a career-high 25 points against Baylor and had a career-best 20 rebounds against Oklahoma State. In his next game, he had 18 points, 11 rebounds and nine blocked shots against Kansas State.

Withey earned Big 12 defensive player of the year honors. Not many 7-footers shoot technical free throws for their teams, but Withey does, thanks to a .794 percentage from the line.

In playing Kansas into the Final Four, Withey blocked 10 shots in a three-point victory against North Carolina State and had 15 points, eight rebounds and three blocks in a 13-point victory against North Carolina’s ballyhooed front line. His defensive dominance played a big part in UNC making one of its final 14 shots and none of its last seven. His two blocked shots in the final minutes triggered fast breaks. He earned first-team All-Midwest Region honors, along with Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor.

Withey credits his volleyball experience — starting on the beach in his middle school years and progressing to indoor volleyball on a club team (which cost his parents $500 a month) — for developing the timing to block shots. He not only blocks shots, he sometimes uses the blocks to start fast breaks by tapping the ball forward. He even has been known to block a shot, catch it and toss it ahead to get KU’s speedy guards on their way.
All the setbacks along the way to becoming such a force in college basketball were not time wasted, according to Withey.
“It definitely made me a lot tougher,” he said. “When I come out and play, I don’t take it for granted at all.”

He credited his coach with playing a role in his increased toughness as well.

The most publicized instance of Bill Self’s fury aimed Withey’s way came in a practice after the center went scoreless in the loss to Missouri in Columbia on Feb. 4. Self made Withey run every step of Allen Fieldhouse, just before the center went on a tear that earned him national honors.
“It definitely makes you pretty upset,” Withey said. “After that, I had something to prove to him.”

Self still finds ways to prod his center into a foul mood.
“He definitely challenges me all the time, in practice, before the game,” Withey said. “He knows how to get me hyped up before a game. Sometimes, I definitely need that. That challenge gets me going. Sometimes it’s hard to jump-start my motor. I’m laid-back, so it’s hard for me to get, I guess, super angry and ready for games. It’s kind of easy now that we’re in the tournament.”

Self starts the motor. Withey’s dunks and blocked shots spark it to a higher speed.

“Those are really emotional plays and those get me fired up and get the fans fired up,” Withey said. “Whenever the fans get fired up, that helps me too. I feed off the energy of the crowd.”

And the team feeds off his defensive dominance.

FishingRod 03-28-2012 09:21 AM

We were 12 for effing 30 . It sucked

Lzen 03-28-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 8498574)
We were 12 for effing 30 . It sucked

Which is what.....40% FT shooting in that game. That is pathetic.

Bearcat 03-28-2012 09:43 AM

I started the game thread that day. I'm sorry!!! :deevee:

Thig Lyfe 03-28-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8498661)

Bears are better at driving cars than you are at starting game threads.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 09:59 AM

I was having a great morning until an MU fan told me KU sucks while I was getting gas. Ruined my day. I couldn't think of a comeback that could possibly match or beat that. One day KU will be good and I'll be able to hold my head up high.

Ceej 03-28-2012 09:59 AM

Don't forget... McDonald's American game is on tonight. First glimpse at Perry Ellis.

Any idea what time?! 7PM CST?

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-28-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8498710)
I was having a great morning until an MU fan told me KU sucks while I was getting gas. Ruined my day. I couldn't think of a comeback that could possibly match or beat that. One day KU will be good and I'll be able to hold my head up high.

LOL.... I'm wearing my '08 championship tshirt today and a guy here at work... MU fan (good guy anyway heh) walked past me in the hall and made a face at it and said "you guys can't beat Kentucky." I just said "Norfolk State" and kept walking. I heard some type of low, grumbly sound coming from his general vacinity but I couldn't make it out. Maybe he was hungry.

Bearcat 03-28-2012 10:23 AM

Crazy people, heh...

Quote:

8-year-old hopes Jayhawk jersey is as lucky as it is skunky
Second-grader hasn’t taken off ‘lucky jersey’ since KU’s first March Madness game

By Suzanne Perez Tobias
The Wichita Eagle

Published Tuesday, March 27, 2012, at 6:54 p.m.
Updated Wednesday, March 28, 2012, at 10:26 a.m.

Eight-year-old Palmer Kiefer put on his University of Kansas jersey nearly two weeks ago, the night before KU’s first game in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.

Kansas beat Detroit the next day – thanks in part, Palmer thinks, to the lucky blue jersey.

So he kept wearing it. Day and night.

The Jayhawks won the next game, too, a come-from-behind nail-biter against Purdue. Score one more for the lucky jersey.

Palmer – his family calls him “Poppy” – wore the jersey all through spring break. He wore it to Tanganyika Wildlife Park and the Sedgwick County Zoo.

He bathed but kept the jersey out of the hamper, away from the washing machine. He didn’t want to wash away the luck.

Palmer spilled some ketchup on the jersey during dinner at Freddy’s. There’s another stain he thinks might be sloppy joe, and a smudge of vanilla ice cream. The jersey started to smell bad. He didn’t mind.

He wore it last weekend when Kansas beat North Carolina State, though his mother made him change the T-shirt underneath.

He was still wearing the jersey – No. 15, like Elijah Johnson and Mario Chalmers – when KU beat North Carolina to get to this weekend’s Final Four.

Rock Chalk, lucky jersey!

Palmer’s mom, Susan, a KU graduate, started to worry. Palmer had to go back to school at Hyde Elementary on Monday, and she knew he’d want to wear that disgusting shirt. She posted a warning on Facebook:

Dear Hyde students and staff:

I apologize in advance for Palmer wearing his KU jersey every day until they play again. … I have been instructed not to wash it or it will mess with KU’s winning streak.

Yes! It is getting a bit dirty since he has worn it daily since the 16th. But I have been informed “rules are rules” and this is a BIG RULE and I can NOT be responsible for single-handedly ruining KU’s winning streak by washing THE jersey.

Friends and fellow Jayhawks fans supported Palmer.

“Don’t you DARE wash that jersey!” one posted.

“Just think of it as less laundry,” wrote another.

Somebody suggested spraying it with Febreze.

“No Febreze!” another friend wrote. “That could mess with the juju!”

Susan Kiefer shakes her head and laughs.

If the Jayhawks keep winning, “I’m stuck in a parenting nightmare,” she said.

“Do I let my son walk around town and go to school every day looking like a child whose mother doesn’t know how to operate a washing machine?

“Or do I just shut my mouth and hope to chant that awesome chant two more times and stand the jersey up on its own in a corner when it’s all said and done?”

So far, feedback seems to favor superstition. Palmer wore the jersey to school again Tuesday.

He brought his second-grade class picture home, and his mom laughed when she saw it: There was Palmer in the front row, wearing red shorts and the KU jersey. She remembers him asking to wear it for picture day months ago, and she agreed because “It’s just so … him.”

At least it was clean back then.

He plans to wear the jersey at least until Saturday night, when he hopes the Jayhawks will beat Ohio State. If that happens, he’ll wear it all weekend and through Monday’s national title game.

“I can’t be the only mom going through this,” Susan Kiefer said. “Or maybe I’m just that lucky.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/03/26/227...#storylink=cpy

Pants 03-28-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8498769)
Crazy people, heh...

****in love it!

Ceej 03-28-2012 10:53 AM

The McDonald's game is at 6pm.

Thanks, ****ers.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-28-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8498661)

Dammit Bearcar

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-28-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Crazy people, heh...

That... is.... awesome. Don't you DARE take that thing off young man!

sedated 03-28-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Crazy people, heh...

I haven't changed my socks since the Detroit game.

the Talking Can 03-28-2012 11:33 AM

i haven't washed my balls since vcu

Braincase 03-28-2012 11:39 AM

Meanwhile, elsewhere, there is only talk of college football...ROFL.

I never want to hear any of those meatsacks give me crap about discussing college basketball during the college football season, even if they do everlap 10 weeks.

Baby Lee 03-28-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8498750)
LOL.... I'm wearing my '08 championship tshirt today and a guy here at work... MU fan (good guy anyway heh) walked past me in the hall and made a face at it and said "you guys can't beat Kentucky." I just said "Norfolk State" and kept walking. I heard some type of low, grumbly sound coming from his general vacinity but I couldn't make it out. Maybe he was hungry.

Next time give him a little of this.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/999599/dance.gif

RealSNR 03-28-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8498848)
The McDonald's game is at 6pm.

Thanks, ****ers.

We don't need any of those guys in that game to reach a Final Four. ****'em all.

WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Lzen 03-28-2012 12:37 PM

Kansas 2012 Tourney Guide Final Four Edition

http://www.epageflip.net/i/58241/?hq_e=el&hq_m=283487&hq_l=17&hq_v=430e3f2653

Ceej 03-28-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8499088)
We don't need any of those guys in that game to reach a Final Four. ****'em all.

WE'LL DO IT LIVE

while that may be true I will be watching because of Ellis and Ellis only. Hometown kid and future Jayhawk.

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:27 PM

boo-ya!

Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,

Many of you have asked what the plans for Tuesday classes would be
should the Jayhawks win the national championship on Monday night.
Tuesday classes will be held as scheduled.

Provost Jeff Vitter and I believe that our first mission as a university
is to foster academic success and that is accomplished in part by
setting high expectations for our students. A national title would be
worthy of celebration, but we are confident those celebrations can take
place without disrupting KU's academic mission.

For fans who will remain in Lawrence, a KU-Ohio State watch party will
be held in Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday night. Admission is free and
doors open at 6:00 p.m.

Thank you for your loyalty to KU, and please celebrate safely!

Bernadette Gray-Little
Chancellor

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:28 PM

just another title....just another day

Chiefspants 03-28-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499261)
boo-ya!

Bernadette Gray-Little
Chancellor

Sigh, I got the email this morning.

Thig Lyfe 03-28-2012 01:33 PM

I have a feeling that if KU does win it all, there will be many available seats in every class on Tuesday.

Thig Lyfe 03-28-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8499277)
Sigh, I got the email this morning.

I'm trying to remember if they said class wouldn't be canceled back in '08. Either way, class definitely ended up getting canceled.

DJJasonp 03-28-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8498378)

This, to this day, still ticks me off.....

And I still, to this day, whine about the refs in that game (giving Melo the Jordan treatment).

Still......way too many missed FT's.

Chiefspants 03-28-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8499282)
I'm trying to remember if they said class wouldn't be canceled back in '08. Either way, class definitely ended up getting canceled.

Haha, it's funny, but, I was informed in one of my courses today that class on Tuesday will be conducted "online" if KU wins on Saturday. Another one of my professors even more transparent, and said that our test on Wednesday will be postponed if KU topples Ohio State.

Let's get this done, guys ;)

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499261)
boo-ya!

Bernadette Gray-Little
Chancellor

This makes no sense. There's no point in having classes if nobody is going to actually show up for them. Hemenway figured that out in 2008. I suspect she may change her mind if KU actually wins it all and she sees what happens to Lawrence.

sedated 03-28-2012 06:03 PM

Doesn't matter if there is class or not, it's not high school, they aren't going to send letters home to mommy if you don't show. And any professor who gives a test is just a dick (I'm guessing most of them will be out partying with the students).

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 06:37 PM

I'm sure Withey is gonna guard Sullinger right?

DJay23 03-28-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500095)

I've read more than a few places that Sullinger has trouble versus length.

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 06:55 PM

Withey should be guarding Sullinger.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 8500118)
I've read more than a few places that Sullinger has trouble versus length.

What about when he gets the ball outside? He has improved his outside shooting. Sullinger isn't that athletic but I'm sure he could go by Withey and/or get him in foul trouble.

DJay23 03-28-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500129)
What about when he gets the ball outside? He has improved his outside shooting. Sullinger isn't that athletic but I'm sure he could go by Withey and/or get him in foul trouble.

I'd rather he takes that outside shot than drive and draw a foul or score on a much easier point blank shot. All Withey has to do is contend and he's shown he changes the shot if he doesn't block it.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 8500142)
I'd rather he takes that outside shot than drive and draw a foul or score on a much easier point blank shot. All Withey has to do is contend and he's shown he changes the shot if he doesn't block it.

I've been thinking about this game all day at work. It's gonna be a war.

DJay23 03-28-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500146)
I've been thinking about this game all day at work. It's gonna be a war.

I've been at peace since the Carolina game. I think I'll get a little more nervous on Friday. It will be a tough game, but time and time again we've won the tough tight ones. I'm feeling strangely comfortable.

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 07:36 PM

I haven't hated a college player as much as the whiny, little hacker (Aaron Craft) since Hansbrough in 2008. The guy's brand of defense is slapping hands/wrists/arms to knock balls loose. Please win the matchup, Tyshawn.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-28-2012 07:50 PM

Any updates on Shabazz?

I noticed the MAA game is on now...

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 07:51 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...nal-fours-best

Tyshawn should not be behind Craft on this list. Withey's also been underrated.

The fact that Teahan's made the list makes me wonder just how bad the bench on some of these other teams are.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8500278)
Any updates on Shabazz?

I noticed the MAA game is on now...

He has ruled out KU.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8500284)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...nal-fours-best

Tyshawn should not be behind Craft on this list. Withey's also been underrated.

Most of, or all of the national media is picking OSU to win, FWIW.

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500293)

I don't have much of a problem with that. The teams are really equal. I bet it comes down to the final few possessions.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8500295)
I don't have much of a problem with that. The teams are really equal. I bet it comes down to the final few possessions.

They are salivating at the thought of UK vs. OSU. Not sure why...

Mr_Tomahawk 03-28-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500288)
He has ruled out KU.

Oh shit...when did this happen?

Who is it down to?

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 07:59 PM

Connor Teahan is 3 for 17 from three in postseason play and 5 for 25 since the Missouri game. Make a ****ing shot, it would help our offense.

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500095)

i'm not sure, sometimes they like to put robinson on a guy to deny the ball etc and then have Withey come for the back side for the block.

Withey is best when he can play off and attack the shots.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8500301)

Who is it down to?

UCLA (girls, drugs and no practicing), UK (money) and Duke (he doesn't fit in here, not sure why).

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8500301)

Who is it down to?

He didn't rule them out completely, as far as I know. He looks UK bound, though.

Pablo 03-28-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8500309)
He didn't rule them out completely, as far as I know. He looks UK bound, though.

Yeah, if he's as serious as they make him out to be about balling he'll head to UK and try to grab a quick Championship with the rest of the one-and-done's Calipari will bring in.

He's a damn impressive scorer so far; that's for sure.

Pablo 03-28-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8500309)

Recruiting know-it-all they had on earlier said he'd narrowed it down to those three.

Pablo 03-28-2012 08:10 PM

Haven't noticed anything out of Ellis thus far. Don't know that he's got all that many minutes though.

Braincase 03-28-2012 08:16 PM

BTW, Congrats to Coach Manning. I wish him all the success in the world as the HC at Tulsa.

KC_Connection 03-28-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 8500330)
Recruiting know-it-all they had on earlier said he'd narrowed it down to those three.

OK, didn't know that. Hard to see him not going to UK, though, after all the success that program has had with lottery picks.

Pablo 03-28-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8500356)
OK, didn't know that. Hard to see him not going to UK, though, after all the success that program has had with lottery picks.

It's a pretty easy decision you'd think.

UCLA would allow him to shine as "the" guy though. At UK, he'd be a star, but he'd be surrounded by plenty of other stars.

I don't think Duke fits very well; but what do I know.

Bearcat 03-28-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

I've noticed that, too... and ESPN even has an article about how the game seems to be an afterthought with so many people talking about UK/UL, even though it should be a better, closer matchup.

My first thought was, great, another Big 10 game... but, there should be plenty to watch with T-Rob/Sullinger, Taylor/Craft, etc. And I'm all for the underdog role... hopefully they'll play loose.

BWillie 03-28-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8500243)
I haven't hated a college player as much as the whiny, little hacker (Aaron Craft) since Hansbrough in 2008. The guy's brand of defense is slapping hands/wrists/arms to knock balls loose. Please win the matchup, Tyshawn.

To his credit, the hand is part of the ball.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8500401)
I've noticed that, too... and ESPN even has an article about how the game seems to be an afterthought with so many people talking about UK/UL, even though it should be a better, closer matchup.

My first thought was, great, another Big 10 game... but, there should be plenty to watch with T-Rob/Sullinger, Taylor/Craft, etc. And I'm all for the underdog role... hopefully they'll play loose.

A lot of the people over at the phog think that if UL wins and we win, we're bringing home the title because of the emotion and energy it's gonna take out of UL to win that game.

Bearcat 03-28-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500458)
A lot of the people over at the phog think that if UL wins and we win, we're bringing home the title because of the emotion and energy it's gonna take out of UL to win that game.

Yeah, that would be a brutal turnaround... I wonder what KU's mindset would be though.

Bearcat 03-28-2012 09:07 PM

Upper level seats for Saturday night going for about $250-300... bring your binoculars.

http://bigtennetworks.files.wordpres...2/03/court.jpg

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/files/2...lfourcourt.jpg

Braincase 03-28-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8500506)
Yeah, that would be a brutal turnaround... I wonder what KU's mindset would be though.

We need to take care of our business. tOSU. All that matters right now.

Stop

The

Buckeyes.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8500506)

Not sure. I agree with you and others, we play better as an underdog so as long as we are I'll be comfy haha.

Also as KCC has said many times, we play better against tougher competition. So we should see the best of KU Saturday and whoever we play Sunday, whether it's UL or UK. A national title is at stake. If that doesn't get your blood flowing you're dead.

I hope we play like we did last Sunday though or like we did against UNC in 08. Self had those guys so loose it was like they weren't human out there four years ago that night.

Messier 03-28-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Doug Gottlieb picked KU.

chiefsfan987 03-28-2012 09:13 PM

Will KU be wearing the blue jerseys or the whites against OSU? Who is the home team?

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8500527)
Doug Gottlieb picked KU.

Wow, that's a shocker. Did he say why?

Messier 03-28-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500531)
Wow, that's a shocker. Did he say why?

He said Sullinger has a problem with bigs, and Withey could have a huge impact. Also assuming both teams play to their potential, KU is the more clutch team and in a close game they have the upper hand.

Bambi 03-28-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8500512)
Upper level seats for Saturday night going for about $250-300... bring your binoculars.

http://bigtennetworks.files.wordpres...2/03/court.jpg

haha, I love that court.

BTW- Shabazz chooses April 11 and my money is on Duke.

Bearcat 03-28-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8500516)
We need to take care of our business. tOSU. All that matters right now.

Stop

The

Buckeyes.

Eh, the players seem pretty focused on taking it one game at a time... that's all that matters. I don't expect them to beat OSU, but I think they can... it's a great matchup, and it should come down to the last few possessions.

As much as I'm looking forward to Saturday, I'd love to see them play Kentucky again. They would be the ultimate underdog (well, as a 2 seed, heh).

Bearcat 03-28-2012 09:34 PM

I was talking to a client in Ohio a few weeks ago about brackets, and he said OSU was overrated, and I told him Kansas' ceiling was probably making to the Elite Eight... so, it's pretty funny that we're now asking each other about the matchup. He wanted to make a bet today, but that's just not going to happen, heh.

He also asked about the Chiefs signing a quarterback, and had a good laugh about Brady Quinn. :(

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8500568)
He said Sullinger has a problem with bigs, and Withey could have a huge impact. Also assuming both teams play to their potential, KU is the more clutch team and in a close game they have the upper hand.

Gotta stay out of foul trouble. The officials tried to get him in foul trouble Sunday.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8500602)
I was talking to a client in Ohio a few weeks ago about brackets, and he said OSU was overrated, and I told him Kansas' ceiling was probably making to the Elite Eight... so, it's pretty funny that we're now asking each other about the matchup. He wanted to make a bet today, but that's just not going to happen, heh.

He also asked about the Chiefs signing a quarterback, and had a good laugh about Brady Quinn. :(

I asked a Raider fan I work with who he thinks they'll pick up in the draft. He didn't answer and gave me an evil look. :)

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8500608)
Gotta stay out of foul trouble. The officials tried to get him in foul trouble Sunday.

They sure as hell did

UNC was bumping and thumping all over with no whistle. All Withey had to do was look at a guy mean and they called a foul. I was shocked they didn't call a foul on those last 2 blocks by Withey.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-28-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8500618)
They sure and hell did

UNC was bumping and thumping all over with no whistle. All Withey had to do was look at a guy mean and they called a foul. I was shocked they didn't call a foul on those last 2 blocks by Withey.

I was shocked at that as well. NBA/NCAA basketball refs are the worst, IMO.

Also, IMO, we should be able to tell early who they want to see play on Monday.

veist 03-28-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 8500529)
Will KU be wearing the blue jerseys or the whites against OSU? Who is the home team?

Whites, the committee released the entire seed list this year and KU was the top 2 seed. http://www.sbnation.com/2012-ncaa-to...eds/in/2626664