ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259373)

Pitt Gorilla 02-08-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9380035)
But I don't know where to laugh!!! Save me, According to Jim!

Wow, nice foreshadowing. I had no idea.

NJChiefsFan 02-08-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9372606)
I mean how genius is it to have Richard Belzer PLAY Munch as Belzer playing Munch in his latest appearance as Munch on TV, putting 30 Rock in the Tommy Westphall-averse for all time? Then referencing the Westphall-averse in the end without directly going to it, but going back to the immortal Kenneth bit and mixing it with Liz Lemon's multi-racial progeny, and Jetson's sound effects?

Crazy making!!

I should totally start a business where you can spend Christmas in the Hamptons alone, drinking scotch and throwing firecrackers at Billy Joel's dog. Guess I missed the boat on Tan Penis Island.

You ever read the paper a professor wrote arguing against the Westphall Universe? I get a kick out of that kind of stuff.

I thought this was a pretty damn good season for 30 Rock. Some people like seeing their TV shows go out with a bang. It makes sense, but for me it just makes me more sad. I regret it less when they go out having used up their spotlight, ie X-Files. Although I was ok with it then expecting real movies to follow. Anyway....

As for the reason these shows fail, I don't know. As some have mentioned its just too smart for some. Some shows, like my favorite in this genre Arrested Development, also suffered from the issue of being a running story line. It's hard to follow that show by just jumping in. That was the ultimate value of shows like Seinfeld. With shows built like 30 Rock, so much of the humor is built on knowing the character. I also think its about not having the patience to follow it closely enough. Some people may have the patience in real life but not in following shows. I see it with people in my family. People I would consider smart people but that just wouldn't care for a show like 30 Rock or A Dev.

Setsuna 02-08-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9378741)
I agree. I've never watched that broke waitress show but I've never even once came close to cracking a smile in their promo's. How do shows like that outperform great shows like Community?

Because of Kat Dennings's tits. But the Big Bang Theory is quite possibly the dumbest show of its kind EVER. Anyone who likes it is completely mental.

Silock 02-08-2013 02:36 AM

I love Big Bang Theory.

Setsuna 02-08-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9386689)
I love Big Bang Theory.

:Lin:

BigMeatballDave 02-08-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9386719)

It's not for black people.

:)

tomahawk kid 02-08-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9386527)
Man, the food poisoning bit on P&r.

Indeed. I almost pissed myself.

Baby Lee 02-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9386738)
Indeed. I almost pissed myself.

12 eggs and part of a dead animal, please and thank you.

Baby Lee 02-08-2013 01:12 PM

El Banco Du Spanko

That was the douche talking.

I want soooo much to not like Nick Kroll [the end closer for Earwolf shows with El Chupakabra announcing 'the wolf dead' irritates me to NO END], but he delivers, consistently.

teedubya 02-08-2013 02:20 PM

I watch a minuscule amount of television that is a non-sports event... Community is a great, great show though.

Baby Lee 02-08-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9386689)
I love Big Bang Theory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9386719)

BBT is worth it for Blossom alone.This week's episode was a tour de force.

'Cause we out droppin' science son . leave a message . . . beep

Then what the hell Sheldon!!

ROFL ROFL

It's not highbrow humor, but it IS funny.

ILChief 02-09-2013 10:07 AM

The office and parks and rec were both really good this week

Miles 02-09-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9387488)
El Banco Du Spanko

That was the douche talking.

I want soooo much to not like Nick Kroll [the end closer for Earwolf shows with El Chupakabra announcing 'the wolf dead' irritates me to NO END], but he delivers, consistently.

He is great on The League.

KcMizzou 02-09-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9390133)
He is great on The League.

Yep.

But I really, really hate him as a stand up comic. His characters are amazingly annoying, and completely unfunny.

I feel the same about Aziz Ansari. He's pretty funny until he starts the Raaaannnnddy bullshit.

Miles 02-09-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9390166)
Yep.

But I really, really hate him as a stand up comic. His characters are amazingly annoying, and completely unfunny.

I feel the same about Aziz Ansari. He's pretty funny until he starts the Raaaannnnddy bullshit.

I almost mentioned the same for Kroll and completely agree. He is great as a comedic actor but couldn't agree more that his characters thing is just painful to watch.

Aziz seems a different since that Raaaannnnddy thing is not much of what he does. Seems like he just added it to the end of a standup special at the time from the Funny People was out. Often he is hilarious.

Red Brooklyn 02-14-2013 09:57 AM

Finally got around to watching the 30 Rock finale last night. Loved it. Both the hour long finale and the episode leading up to it were wonderful.

Great series.

Baby Lee 02-25-2013 01:28 AM

Ron, listen to me very carefully. I lost my father when I was ten, I don't have any brothers and Ken Burns never wrote me back. So I am not getting married without you there to walk me down the aisle. End of discussion.

ETA: Most epic set of vows EVER!! I love you and I like you.

Fly fly Little Sebastian.

Nothing like laughing and crying in affection at the same time. Best emotional response on earth.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 07:49 AM

It doesn't have to be smart vs. dumb vs. whatever.

I enjoy Parks n Rec and Community. I also enjoy Two Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory.

Pepe Silvia 02-25-2013 06:50 PM

Aubrey Plaza makes Parks and Rec worth watching all by herself. Aziz Ansari is freaking hilarious too.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...mxlto1_500.gif

Pitt Gorilla 02-25-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9435804)
It doesn't have to be smart vs. dumb vs. whatever.

I enjoy Parks n Rec and Community. I also enjoy Two Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory.

No, but it is about good shows and bad shows. The first two you mentioned are good.

Demonpenz 02-26-2013 09:54 AM

penny knock knock knock penny knock knock knock penny.

BigMeatballDave 02-27-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9439385)
No, but it is about good shows and bad shows. The first two you mentioned are good.

No, it's about personal preference.

I love P&R and BBT.

phisherman 02-27-2013 09:35 AM

I like Parks & Rec and Big Bang Theory very much.

How anyone can watch Two Broke Girls is beyond me. The writing for that show is the worst that I think I've ever heard/seen, especially for a show that's on a big night.

cookster50 02-27-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9444236)
How anyone can watch Two Broke Girls is beyond me. The writing for that show is the worst that I think I've ever heard/seen, especially for a show that's on a big night.

I admit to catching parts of episodes while waiting for the wife so we can watch something on Hulu/Netflix. Yes, it is terrible. Too bad there is nothing better on at the same time.

Pitt Gorilla 02-27-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9444217)
No, it's about personal preference.

I love P&R and BBT.

BBT used to be pretty good. Now, the good jokes are few and far between.

Perhaps you could help me understand the need for a laugh track on that show. Are the jokes so unfunny that the director has to inform you when to laugh?

BigMeatballDave 02-27-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9446141)
BBT used to be pretty good. Now, the good jokes are few and far between.

Perhaps you could help me understand the need for a laugh track on that show. Are the jokes so unfunny that the director has to inform you when to laugh?

No clue. I hardly notice the laugh track.

That has nothing to do with the quality of a show.

jiveturkey 02-27-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9446156)
No clue. I hardly notice the laugh track.

That has nothing to do with the quality of a show.

I'm still entertained by BBT but it's garbage writing. There's a vid somewhere out there on the Youtubes that is BBT minus the laugh track. It will increase your awareness of the terribleness.

jiveturkey 02-27-2013 02:34 PM

Here's one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dffCCSb1JCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9446488)
I'm still entertained by BBT but it's garbage writing. There's a vid somewhere out there on the Youtubes that is BBT minus the laugh track. It will increase your awareness of the terribleness.

I liked the show early on, but the writing is brutal. I used to DVR the show (and then not watch it). Now, I don't even bother. Shows like 30 Rock and P&R make it look ridiculous.

jiveturkey 02-27-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9447314)
I liked the show early on, but the writing is brutal. I used to DVR the show (and then not watch it). Now, I don't even bother. Shows like 30 Rock and P&R make it look ridiculous.

I completely agree.

Community is on a entirely different level.

I can still occasionally get laugh out of some garbage though. How I Met Your Mother is one. BBT has stayed on the DVR list but I'm usually playing on my tablet through the whole show.

SuperChief 02-27-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9446522)
Here's one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dffCCSb1JCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Weird - this sounds like BBT with a laugh track. Absolutely, unequivocally not funny in the slightest.

Pitt Gorilla 02-27-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9447397)
I completely agree.

Community is on a entirely different level.

I can still occasionally get laugh out of some garbage though. How I Met Your Mother is one. BBT has stayed on the DVR list but I'm usually playing on my tablet through the whole show.

Did you see the Inspector Space Time convention last week?

BigMeatballDave 02-28-2013 06:03 AM

BBT is shot in front of a live studio audience. Is there still a laugh track?

BigMeatballDave 02-28-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9447544)
Weird - this sounds like BBT with a laugh track. Absolutely, unequivocally not funny in the slightest.

Then don't watch it and quit bitching about it.

jiveturkey 02-28-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9448811)
Did you see the Inspector Space Time convention last week?

It's one of those shows that I watch the night it airs (not live though). There aren't a lot of episodes that I haven't loved.

I'm thoroughly pissed that it's going away and I hope that the people behind it find a new project.

SuperChief 02-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9450115)
Then don't watch it and quit bitching about it.

I do not watch it. As for "bitching about it," it was simply an opinion. Thanks for voicing yours!

Demonpenz 03-01-2013 12:18 PM

Big Bang Theory is a huge show.

chiefzilla1501 03-02-2013 05:55 AM

Same idiots who believe jay Leno is the future of late night.