ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

Tribal Warfare 05-25-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638557)
What big games?

USC, in college he could of shredded that secondary but freaked and couldn't make a decision to where to pass the ball thus getting his ass handed to him by their defensive line.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8638568)
USC, in college he could of shredded that secondary but freaked and couldn't make a decision to where to pass the ball thus getting his ass handed to him by their defensive line.

So, one time in college?

Tribal Warfare 05-25-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638589)
So, one time in college?

It carried over to the pros, feeling phantom pressure ect...

whoman69 05-25-2012 06:44 PM

Those who want to point to Quinn as having potential have only one argument, he is a former first rounder. Never mind that he free fell to the bottom of the first round. Never mind that his NFL career up to now has sucked. He is a former first rounder.

Super Bowl.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8638604)
Those who want to point to Quinn as having potential have only one argument, he is a former first rounder. Never mind that he free fell to the bottom of the first round. Never mind that his NFL career up to now has sucked. He is a former first rounder.

Super Bowl.

He's also only had 12 starts. Thats not nearly enough time to develop.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638633)

He wasn't developing.

In his last start he threw for 66 ****ing yards.

HIS ARROW? POINTING DOWN

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638638)
He wasn't developing.

In his last start he threw for 66 ****ing yards.

HIS ARROW? POINTING DOWN

We all know the Browns were LOADED with talent.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638643)

and...
it's not like he would be competing against Joe Montana in KC

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638643)

How loaded were the Chiefs?

Didn't stop anyone from giving up on Brodie Croyle.

The guy had a 90-yard game followed up by a 66-yard game.

You can't blame that on his supporting cast, especially when THE BROWNS WON BOTH GAMES.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638649)
How loaded were the Chiefs?

Didn't stop anyone from giving up on Brodie Croyle.

The guy had a 90-yard game followed up by a 66-yard game.

You can't blame that on his supporting cast, especially when THE BROWNS WON BOTH GAMES.

who was the OC?

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638656)
who was the OC?

BRIAN DABOLL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638660)
BRIAN DABOLL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Rut ROOOOOOOOOOO. ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 05-25-2012 07:02 PM

You're trying Bone, you're trying ROFL

Easy 6 05-25-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638298)
yep
Kurt Warner says Hello, he sucked bigtime with the Giants after leaving the Rams.

Some of you guys are sounding fair enough about Quinn, still not convinced, but anyway... back the truck up, waaay up... Quinn, ahem, never led one of the 3 best offenses of all time & won the super bowl mvp.

You're comparing a proven gold nugget to, so far for certain, pyrite.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638666)
Rut ROOOOOOOOOOO. ROFL

It's like Pioli tried to collect as many shitty browns castoffs as possible this offseason.

We already went through a bunch of Jets and Patriots so might as well get every rotting leaf from the tree.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638695)
It's like Pioli tried to collect as many shitty browns castoffs as possible this offseason.

yep.
:thumb:

BossChief 05-25-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8638319)
Here's the difference....

Am I expecting Quinn to be our QBoTF? Not really. He'll probably never get the shot.

Does he have the potential? **** yes he does.

Look at the schedule, man.

Unless Cassel starts to play the best football of his life, straight out of the gates, either Stanzi or Quinn is gonna get a shot.

When they do, it will be a win win because we will either fail bad enough as a team to pick high enough for a legit qb in the draft or win enough games to not really need to.

I think I've seen all of Quinns starts and came away disgusted and very unimpressed, but maybe he is a late bloomer that just needed some time to "get it"...he sure wouldn't be the first qb that happened to.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638715)

Unless Cassel starts to play the best football of his life, straight out of the gates, either Stanzi or Quinn is gonna get a shot.

When they do, it will be a win win because we will either fail bad enough as a team to pick high enough for a legit qb in the draft or win enough games to not really need to.

this is the best we can hope for.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 07:23 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...41&postcount=8

Reerun_KC 05-25-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

I think I've seen all of Quinns starts and came away disgusted and very unimpressed, but maybe he is a late bloomer that just needed some time to "get it"...he sure wouldn't be the first qb that happened to.

I think youre bluffing...

Can you guarantee that this is absolute fact?

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638721)

Why is that relevant? I was wrong. Most everyone was wrong about him.

Reerun_KC 05-25-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638721)

:clap:

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638723)
I was wrong. Most everyone was wrong about him.

i hoping he just needed time to mature.

BossChief 05-25-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8638722)
I think youre bluffing...

Can you guarantee that this is absolute fact?

Lol bluffing?

They pursued Manning.
They interviewed all 3 top qbs at the combine
They attended Tannehills proday and interviewed him again there.
They had a private workout with Ryan shortly after his pro day
Romeo has made comment after comment about Cassel needing to play like he did mid 2010
Romeo said RG3 is a guy he would want to "move up and get".

Before this offseason, there wasn't a peep about replacing Cassel, now...lots of stuff is out there to indicate Cassel needs to earn the right to keep his job.

I'd bet significant real money that Cassel isn't the starter by the end of the season.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638723)
Why is that relevant? I was wrong. Most everyone was wrong about him.

I wasnt. I wanted nothing to do with him then.

Its just that now, I'm so sick of Cassel I must cling my hope to something.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638742)

Cling your hope to getting rid of the shitty Patriots tree, not some shithead QB from Notre Dame.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638742)

thats pretty much where i've been for three years.

hell i was glad to see Palko play at first but that didnt last long. LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 07:45 PM

As Chiefs fans we should be in favor of the shortest route to drafting our own 1st round QB.

That means chopping off the heads of the assholes running our franchise ASAP.

**** all this Brady Quinn bullshit.

Saccopoo 05-25-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638769)
As Chiefs fans we should be in favor of the shortest route to drafting our own 1st round QB.

That's great and all, but it's not like these mythical Hall of Fame first round quarterbacks are just out there for the taking. It's hit and miss, just like any player at any position.

And if Quinn is able to put everything together (and he's got a lot of the tools you want to see in a starting NFL quarterback), I don't think it makes much of a difference if he was or wasn't initially drafted by this franchise.

The guy got caught in a bad situation several times and hasn't been able to truly get a shot. He's got that opportunity now. If he doesn't, then so be it, but I don't think that there's a need to crucify him for simply being on the team and actually looking better than the other two guys on the roster at the QB position because he wasn't drafted by the Chiefs or he hasn't made multiple All-Pro teams.

He's still young, he's got the tools and he's finally going to get a legit chance. The Chiefs are a pretty solid team on both sides of the ball, and with the pick up of Hillis and Winston, they are going to be a very strong run team. He also has a very nice receiving corps to work with. It's not like he needs to carry the team by himself. He's comfortable in the Daboll system, etc.

It's the best chance the Chiefs have had of putting together a solid team in a long time. It's not Marty defense or Dick offense. It's a nice balanced team and Quinn fits what they do and has the tools to be quite effective for this system.

I'm not going to bitch too much when he takes Cassel's starting spot by the end of the preseason. It's an upgrade by any measure.

Okie_Apparition 05-25-2012 08:15 PM

Ballin' Brady Quinn

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8638830)
It's a nice balanced team and Quinn fits what they do and has the tools to be quite effective for this system.

He's a borderline NFL player. He probably shouldn't even be in the league.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8638839)
Ballin' Brady Quinn

i like it.:thumb:

stonedstooge 05-25-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638739)
Lol bluffing?

They pursued Manning.
They interviewed all 3 top qbs at the combine
They attended Tannehills proday and interviewed him again there.
They had a private workout with Ryan shortly after his pro day
Romeo has made comment after comment about Cassel needing to play like he did mid 2010
Romeo said RG3 is a guy he would want to "move up and get".

Before this offseason, there wasn't a peep about replacing Cassel, now...lots of stuff is out there to indicate Cassel needs to earn the right to keep his job.

I'd bet significant real money that Cassel isn't the starter by the end of the season.

The old Pioli smokescreen

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638841)

we shall see, i think Romeo was the one who handpicked him this past off season and he knew what he was doing when the Chiefs got him.

at least, it gives all the anti-Cassel fans hope where there was none.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638863)
Romeo was the one who handpicked him this past off season and he knew what he was doing when the Chiefs got him.

LMAO

Romeo Crennel, that QB expert.

He selected Brady Quinn like fine champagne.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638870)
LMAO

i didnt say that, i said he knows Quinn is a better QB than Cassel.

this is his last chance at coaching in the NFL and he picked a QB he'll go to the top with or fall to the bottomless pit with.

if i'm RC that QB damn sure ain't Matt Cassel.

BossChief 05-25-2012 08:35 PM

Quinn was signed to help integrate the playbook IMO.

If it was anything more, I would think they would have given him a 2 or 3 year deal.

It's Cassels deal till he totally stinks up the place and leads us to a 2-4 record going into the bye...or until we are out of the playoff hunt.

At that time, either Stanzi or Quinn will get a look.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638877)
this is his last chance at coaching in the NFL and he picked a QB he'll go to the top with or fall to the bottomless pit with.

ROFL

If true, Crennel is one dumb mother****er. Dumber than I gave him credit for.

BossChief 05-25-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638877)
i didnt say that, i said he knows Quinn is a better QB than Cassel.

if i'm RC that QB damn sure ain't Matt Cassel.

**** that.

Romeo knows one thing about Quinn from their time in Cleveland, that he sucked bad enough that he had to be pulled.

Quinn was terrible.

Every bit as bad as Palko (but with a stronger arm) or Tebow (without the magic)

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638879)
Quinn was signed to help integrate the playbook IMO.

If it was anything more, I would think they would have given him a 2 or 3 year deal.

It's Cassels deal till he totally stinks up the place and leads us to a 2-4 record going into the bye...or until we are out of the playoff hunt.

At that time, either Stanzi or Quinn will get a look.

i think Romeo has something more up his sleeve.

stonedstooge 05-25-2012 08:41 PM

Didn't Pioli and Crennel talk about sitting several of the rookies? Doesn't sound like they are too worried about their jobs to me. Trying to manage the team for the future is usually done be top tier teams, not teams that haven't done shit for years and years

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638885)
**** that.

Romeo knows one thing about Quinn from their time in Cleveland, that he sucked bad enough that he had to be pulled.

Quinn was terrible.

Every bit as bad as Palko (but with a stronger arm) or Tebow (without the magic)

do you think Tom Brady would have had Success with that mess in Cleveland?

RustShack 05-25-2012 08:41 PM

Oh no Brady Quinn couldn't be super man in his first 12 NFL starts! Most QB's aren't that good in so few starts, especially when they have no help.

Here he isn't going to be asked to carry the team either. We are going to be a run first team who plays great defense. Quinn has the talent and arm to make throws that Cassel can't, thus being an improvement. Hes had plenty of time to sit back and learn more. Hes going to be a lot smarter and mechanically sound than he was three years ago. He might not of played in games, but he still practiced.

This is his first chance to develop as a QB. Start out as a game manager and add to his load more and more as time progresses assuming he can handle it.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638890)
Oh no Brady Quinn couldn't be super man in his first 12 NFL starts! Most QB's aren't that good in so few starts, especially when they have no help.

Here he isn't going to be asked to carry the team either. We are going to be a run first team who plays great defense. Quinn has the talent and arm to make throws that Cassel can't, thus being an improvement. Hes had plenty of time to sit back and learn more. Hes going to be a lot smarter and mechanically sound than he was three years ago. He might not of played in games, but he still practiced.

This is his first chance to develop as a QB. Start out as a game manager and add to his load more and more as time progresses assuming he can handle it.

yep, this is a lot of what i wanted to say prior.

BossChief 05-25-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638889)
do you think Tom Brady would have had Success with that mess in Cleveland?

Yes

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638895)
Yes

i dont.

RustShack 05-25-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638895)
Yes

When Brady was just a game manager and the defense won games? You really think that would have happened in Cleveland?

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638870)
LMAO

LMAO

i'll be here all week.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638890)
Oh no Brady Quinn couldn't be super man in his first 12 NFL starts!

Who said anything about superman.

How about at least being average, or even slightly below average?

The dude was an absolutely bottom of the barrel NFL quarterback and showed 0 progress.

Ace Gunner 05-25-2012 09:02 PM

the chiefs let the best QB of this latest team go to dallas. orton was way ahead of the curve compared to the remaining group. brady quinn was a 1st rounder because he did play in a pro style offense during college, and he did okay with it. but, guys are never going to be wide open like it is in college and I don't see where quinn has been any more effective in the NFL than cassel.

but, if experience makes QB's better over time, he should be able to pull ahead of the inexperienced cassel.

a lot has been made of cassel's lacking collegiate career, it does make a diff imo and it makes a diff that quinn played in a pro style offense during college.

but, and this is really important to me with regard to the passing game and specifically the QB position, I don't see the fire from either player, the command and venom of a stryker, a sniper and conductor of field position.

this staff can blow smoke for only a lil bit longer imo. they'll keep their job through this and next season, but if they can't win a playoff game by the next season, they will be expendable. actually, I doubt RC will want to coach after 2013, he's getting up there in age and doesn't move real well as is.

anyway, it would be cool to see quinn beat cassel or take over with success because from what is coming out from otas right now, stanzi needs another season before he can compete to become the manzi and really, if brady quinn wants to stay in the NFL his time is now.

quinn is entering year five. if he paid attn this past 4 years, he should be mature enough to compete with cassel. he certainly has the tools.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638901)
When Brady was just a game manager and the defense won games? You really think that would have happened in Cleveland?

It happened twice at the end of his last season there. He threw for 90 yards and 66 yards and the Browns won both games due to their running game and/or defense.

Saccopoo 05-25-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638841)

I don't know. Quinn has been one of the biggest mysteries to me as an NFL player. Everyone talks about his exceptional work ethic. He's prototype size. Came from a pro system. Loves the game. Has a nice arm.

I can't explain why he isn't a starter somewhere other than he ran into some bad breaks up to this point:

Rookie in 2007. Up to that point, it was rare to see a rookie quarterback start in the league. Derek Anderson has a pretty good season and is named the starter for 2008, but goes in the tank eight games in and Quinn gets the nod. In game two of his starting career he breaks his finger and he's out for the season. 2009, Crennel gets fired and it was a literal mess under Mangini - really defined the term "quarterback controversy." 2010 gets traded to Denver, where Orton is already the incumbent QB. 2011 - Tebowmania.

I just really dont' think he's ever been given a legit chance to prove if he's capable of being a starting NFL QB despite having all the intangibles.

He'll get his chance here in KC. Might not ever see a better chance actually as it seems apparent that the coaching staff wants to see a QB competition and the front office has to understand the outside/fans perceptions of Matt Cassel as the starter.

I think he's got the potential to be a pretty good NFL QB, especially in this system with this team and probably understands that opportunities like this are few and far between at this point of his career.

I hope he puts it together. I'm pulling for him at this point as I think he's the best chance the Chiefs have in terms of fielding a team that has the potential to actually win a playoff game and then see where it goes.

Setsuna 05-25-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8638973)
I don't know. Quinn has been one of the biggest mysteries to me as an NFL player. Everyone talks about his exceptional work ethic. He's prototype size. Came from a pro system. Loves the game. Has a nice arm.

I can't explain why he isn't a starter somewhere other than he ran into some bad breaks up to this point:

Rookie in 2007. Up to that point, it was rare to see a rookie quarterback start in the league. Derek Anderson has a pretty good season and is named the starter for 2009, but goes in the tank eight games in and Quinn gets the nod. In game two of his starting career he breaks his finger and he's out for the season. 2009, Crennel gets fired and it was a literal mess under Mangini - really defined the term "quarterback controversy." 2010 gets traded to Denver, where Orton is already the incumbent QB. 2011 - Tebowmania.

I just really dont' think he's ever been given a legit chance to prove if he's capable of being a starting NFL QB despite having all the intangibles.

He'll get his chance here in KC. Might not ever see a better chance actually as it seems apparent that the coaching staff wants to see a QB competition and the front office has to understand the outside/fans perceptions of Matt Cassel as the starter.

I think he's got the potential to be a pretty good NFL QB, especially in this system with this team and probably understands that opportunities like this are few and far between at this point of his career.

I hope he puts it together. I'm pulling for him at this point as I think he's the best chance the Chiefs have in terms of fielding a team that has the potential to actually win a playoff game and then see where it goes.

I can't believe you all are so blind it's ****ing ridiculous. If he went to any other team, yall would be saying the same shit I'm saying. And that's damn sad that because he's a Chief, yall got blinders on.

RustShack 05-25-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8638973)

Rookie in 2007. Up to that point, it was rare to see a rookie quarterback start in the league. Derek Anderson has a pretty good season and is named the starter for 2008, but goes in the tank eight games in and Quinn gets the nod. In game two of his starting career he breaks his finger and he's out for the season. 2009, Crennel gets fired and it was a literal mess under Mangini - really defined the term "quarterback controversy." 2010 gets traded to Denver, where Orton is already the incumbent QB. 2011 - Tebowmania.

I think thats why he turned down more money from other teams. He knows KC is his best chance at success. He knows he can be successful here and in the long run make even more money.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638990)
I think thats why he turned down more money from other teams. He knows KC is his best chance at success. He knows he can be successful here and in the long run make even more money.

Jesus Christ.

Some of you really think we're gonna make a hypothetical run at a Super Bowl with Romeo Crennel, Brian Daboll and Brady Quinn leading our team.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

What's next, Arrowhead gonna get a Dawg Pound?

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8638987)
I can't believe you all are so blind it's ****ing ridiculous. If he went to any other team, yall would be saying the same shit I'm saying. And that's damn sad that because he's a Chief, yall got blinders on.

I've always thought he wasnt given a fair shake in Cleveland.

I was surprised he was let go for so little.

Saccopoo 05-25-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8638987)

No, I wouldn't.

Like I said, Quinn has everything you want in an NFL QB. Protosize. Nice arm. Great work ethic. He's got a nice touch on the ball.

I'm glad he's here. I'm not saying he's Joe Montana. I'm saying that he's potentially a better option than we've had at the QB position since Trent Green, and maybe better.

You can't judge him on 12 games and there were the reasons that I pointed out as to why he hasn't been given a chance. He gets that chance now.

However, if you want to implode about having him on the team - go right ahead. Maybe Cassel has a really good summer camp and preseason and is yet again the starter and you don't have to worry about Quinn being under center for the Chiefs. I'm sure that will make you happy.

RustShack 05-25-2012 09:31 PM

If Quinn didn't think he could be good QB in this league he would have went with more money instead of coming here.

Saccopoo 05-25-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638995)
Jesus Christ.

Some of you really think we're gonna make a hypothetical run at a Super Bowl with Romeo Crennel, Brian Daboll and Brady Quinn leading our team.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

What's next, Arrowhead gonna get a Dawg Pound?

I don't think that anyone is talking about a Super Bowl. Most people are simply trying to be realistic that Quinn offers more in terms of potential/team success than Cassel.

Add a solid QB to a relatively solid team on both sides of the ball and that gives this team a legit shot to win the AFC West and the playoffs.

To be honest, having Hudson at center, Winston at RT, a backfield of Hillis and Charles and a healthy Berry is reason enough for some elevated hope. Having a guy like Quinn, who has the potential to be a lot more than we currently have in Cassel, is just icing on the cake.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8639025)
I don't think that anyone is talking about a Super Bowl. Most people are simply trying to be realistic that Quinn offers more in terms of potential/team success than Cassel.

ROFL

Get the **** out.

He has never done shit in this league.

What's more likely, he's actually a horrendous QB, or he's a previously undiscovered diamond in the rough.

He doesn't offer shit for potential.

Easy 6 05-25-2012 09:45 PM

If Quinn gets a shot, just show me... any real QB on planet earth, should be able to shine like the moon with this supporting cast.

Scouts Honor, i. will. stfu.

Just Show Me.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Add a solid QB to a relatively solid team on both sides of the ball and that gives this team a legit shot to win the AFC West and the playoffs.

To be honest, having Hudson at center, Winston at RT, a backfield of Hillis and Charles and a healthy Berry is reason enough for some elevated hope. Having a guy like Quinn, who has the potential to be a lot more than we currently have in Cassel, is just icing on the cake.

Solid take.

My thoughts, exactly.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8639027)
ROFL

Get the **** out.

He has never done shit in this league.

What's more likely, he's actually a horrendous QB, or he's a previously undiscovered diamond in the rough.

He doesn't offer shit for potential.

Do you have a lifesize cutout of Jason Whitlock next to you while you post?

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:48 PM

We should bring back Brodie Croyle, too. I mean, what's the ****ing difference?

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:48 PM

Trade for Tyler Thigpen IMMEDIATELY.

Ace Gunner 05-25-2012 09:49 PM

eh, this team isn't ready to make a run yet. they needed this draft and they still have questions stopping the run and at WR. JC has to prove himself, the pass game needs to find rhythm and guys need to start catching balls.

if one of these pussy QB's can game even a lil, then ****ing put the dude in. I don't give one **** who it is. this team needs somebody who can go out and make plays. they are all just keeping the seat warm for tom brady trade 2013 anyway :D

beach tribe 05-25-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638769)

You're the new repeat guy huh?

Just copy. "I hate this regime" and control v that bitch till you get 200,000.
That's basically all your posts say anyway until Gif'd up gets here.

RustShack 05-25-2012 09:58 PM

How long after Goatse got fired from WPI did he become the anti-chiefs? Was part of Pioli's deal with Nick to give him inside info that he had to fire Clay?

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8639063)
How long after Goatse got fired from WPI did he become the anti-chiefs? Was part of Pioli's deal with Nick to give him inside info that he had to fire Clay?

LMAO

Do you really think I got fired? Really?

Sorter 05-25-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8639048)
eh, this team isn't ready to make a run yet. they needed this draft and they still have questions stopping the run and at WR. JC has to prove himself, the pass game needs to find rhythm and guys need to start catching balls.

JFC. It isn't 1990. Stopping the run isn't as important as it used to be. Teams that can get a pass rush and have a QB are the ones that tend to do better in the playoffs.

ChiefsCountry 05-26-2012 12:57 AM

I feel pretty confident in Quinn now considering some of the posters who are against him.

RustShack 05-26-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8639273)
I feel pretty confident in Quinn now considering some of the posters who are against him.

Just look at is this way. GoChiefs is wrong more often than not. The Chiefs should be in great shape this year!

007 05-26-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

dream on

Chiefnj2 05-26-2012 05:52 AM

Does anyone really think Quinn has the ability to be an elite franchise QB and not simply "a little bit better than Cassel"?

To me, the worst thing that could happen to the franchise would be Quinn getting a shot late in the year and looking a little better than Cassel (maybe Orton like) and then the franchise rolling with him the next 2 years to give him a shot, all the while passing on 1st round QBs.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-26-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

:clap: Nice post

BoneKrusher 05-26-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8639347)
Does anyone really think Quinn has the ability to be an elite franchise QB and not simply "a little bit better than Cassel"?

To me, the worst thing that could happen to the franchise would be Quinn getting a shot late in the year and looking a little better than Cassel (maybe Orton like) and then the franchise rolling with him the next 2 years to give him a shot, all the while passing on 1st round QBs.

1983 left such a bad taste in the mouths of the Chiefs Organization that i doubt we'll ever see another franchise type QB drafted in KC.

buddha 05-26-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8639273)

Those same posters are against anything the Chiefs do. You know their old tired simple minded strategy of:

1. If I'm right, then I get to tell everybody how brilliant I am...

or

2. If I'm wrong, I'll just get swept up in the euphoria of the Chiefs success and nobody will remember the stupid negative shit I posted for years.

whoman69 05-26-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8638633)

Brody Croyle only had ten. Should we give him another shot?

TRR 05-26-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8639621)
Brody Croyle only had ten. Should we give him another shot?

Great comparison. Brod(IE) Croyle was a third round pick that was, is, and always will be injury prone. He is also 29 years old.

There is no comparison but great try...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 05-26-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Quinn is (quite frankly the ONLY) QB on roster to have not only a legit but impressive NFL arm.

So far his decision making is at Ca$$#ole level or worse.

His only real defense is he's started less than a full season and never truly been given the support of a franchise.

Quote:

That would be BEST CASE.

Quinn costs us next to NOTHING.

Drafting that security blanket wouldn't hurt us at all...