ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Winston is Full of Shit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264807)

Spott 10-08-2012 01:49 PM

Winston doesn't do his job again this week causing Cassel to get hurt and then blames it on the fans. Typical douchebaggery from someone that went to "the u".

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-08-2012 01:49 PM

FTW

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8992420)
The media in KC used to have balls and his name was Whitlock.

the Talking Can 10-08-2012 01:50 PM

"would you rather lose by 40?"

that should be the Chiefs slogan...

"get a clue" "would you rather lose by 40?"

defeatist mother ****ers

Molitoth 10-08-2012 01:50 PM

keitzman is actually going off in a great way today. We finally have kc media on our side.

Titty Meat 10-08-2012 01:50 PM

Crennel claims he hasn't heard Winstons comments LAWLZ

the Talking Can 10-08-2012 01:53 PM

does anyone on this ****ing team care that we are 1-4 and the season is over??

that we haven't lead a single second all season?

**** every time I think about it, it pisses me off

ChiTown 10-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8992455)

that we haven't lead a single second all season in regulation?

**** every time I think about it, it pisses me off

FYP. And the answer is: Not enough care, that is for damn sure.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8992444)
Crennel claims he hasn't heard Winstons comments LAWLZ

LMAO

Johnny Vegas 10-08-2012 01:55 PM

If the media and Chiefs want to alienate the fan base then game ****ing on. They're reaching for anything to take the distraction off the team and laying it on the fan base because of some ****ing boo's out of the crowd. ****ing soft.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 8992470)
If the media and Chiefs want to alienate the fan base then game ****ing on. They're reaching for anything to take the distraction off the team and laying it on the fan base because of some ****ing boo's out of the crowd. ****ing soft.

Our next banner should be a counter punch towards this.

Right now Pioli is more worried about our banner and reactions than whats on the field.

We must keep the pressure on.

ChiTown 10-08-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8992474)
Our next banner should be a counter punch towards this.

Right now Pioli is more worried about our banner and reactions than whats on the field.

We must keep the pressure on.

I don't believe that for one second.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 01:57 PM

This is still top story on the right side on ESPN.com

No mention of it on the main page at NFL.com

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8992477)
I don't believe that for one second.

Explain?

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992478)
This is still top story on the right side on ESPN.com

No mention of it on the main page at NFL.com

Still on yahoo sports.

DeezNutz 10-08-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8992455)

Nope. Pioli cares only about his reputation.

Sassy Squatch 10-08-2012 02:00 PM

Haha the Winston video is the top link on reddit. Close to 3500 upvotes.

frankotank 10-08-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8992191)
eric can suck on my big black somoan ashy penis...he doesnt know our hatred for caserole

you're somoan....it shouldn't be black. seek help immediately!

Mizzou_8541 10-08-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8992443)
keitzman is actually going off in a great way today. We finally have kc media on our side.

Recap?

Window Licking Whiner 10-08-2012 02:05 PM

lol so I guess my twitter account is suspended..rofl. I'm betting one of the people I tweeted that video to reported me (cough) winston (cough)

KC Dan 10-08-2012 02:06 PM

"Hey Hunt family - 18 years without a KC playoff win & 42 years without a Super Bowl, why are fans angry?"

ChiTown 10-08-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8992482)
Explain?

I think he could give a shit less about a banner and fans booing....at least right now.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8992516)
I think he could give a shit less about a banner and fans booing....at least right now.

Fair enough, but I do feel he is worried about his public image and the driving force behind the false booing stories being blasted out.

ToxSocks 10-08-2012 02:14 PM

What a ****ing disaster this season has been. Has to be the worst season in Chiefs history.

frankotank 10-08-2012 02:20 PM

I can't help but find it absolutely amazing that people who were actually at the game could possibly disagree on whether Cassel's injury was cheered or not!
even if you were in close proximity to some folks that were cheering the injury, I wouldn't think it would have been to hard to decipher whether or not the rest of the crowd was doing likewise. and I have YET to see any video evidence that support the Chiefs crowd being dicks. every video I've seen, the cheering dies down just after the runner is tackled....only to pick up again when Cassel gets up. in one video after the cheering dies down you can hear one clown yell "get off the field". very douchesque. but just one dude.
the conflicting stories.....I don't get it.

KevB 10-08-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8992531)
Fair enough, but I do feel he is worried about his public image and the driving force behind the false booing stories being blasted out.

The driving force behind the booing story is a fiery sound bite from a player, plain and simple. In this 24 news cycle, the media will latch onto any "story" that they're able to take a stance on, regardless the facts. It's the world we live in, and Pioli has nothing to do with it.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8992561)
The driving force behind the booing story is a fiery sound bite from a player, plain and simple. In this 24 news cycle, the media will latch onto any "story" that they're able to take a stance on, regardless the facts. It's the world we live in, and Pioli has nothing to do with it.

Okay Okay...

:huh:

vailpass 10-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8992540)
What a ****ing disaster this season has been. Has to be the worst season in Chiefs history.

Maybe this will cheer you up...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=205110&page=4

Tophawk36 10-08-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8992561)

National media latches on to it and even when it's proven that what Winston said didn't happen they won't change the story because it doesn't make for as good a story.

FAX 10-08-2012 02:27 PM

Did 810 just go off the air?

FAX

jd1020 10-08-2012 02:27 PM

My favorite part about the whole thing is that Cassel goes down after dumping the ball off the Charles and then Charles runs for like 13 yards and gets a first down. People start cheering. Then Cassel isn't getting up and you don't hear cheers anymore, you just hear the collective noise of 60000+ people in the same area. When he gets up people clap and cheer with the players. And the story is that the fans were cheering when he was down and didn't stop. Mike Golic was dogging the fans and said that he cheers for the big hit, blah blah blah, but when I see the guy is hurt I stop... kinda like the fans at the game, idiot.

I wonder how many of these dumbasses sounding off on Winston's rant have actually seen the play.

KevB 10-08-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8992556)
I can't help but find it absolutely amazing that people who were actually at the game could possibly disagree on whether Cassel's injury was cheered or not!
even if you were in close proximity to some folks that were cheering the injury, I wouldn't think it would have been to hard to decipher whether or not the rest of the crowd was doing likewise. and I have YET to see any video evidence that support the Chiefs crowd being dicks. every video I've seen, the cheering dies down just after the runner is tackled....only to pick up again when Cassel gets up. in one video after the cheering dies down you can hear one clown yell "get off the field". very douchesque. but just one dude.
the conflicting stories.....I don't get it.

The timing of the play was strange, thus the different opinions. Jamal busts a long play, crowd cheers. 25 yards behind that, Cassel had been knocked down but the play didn't look particularly vicious. Most fans' attention was on Charles down the field. It was 5-10 seconds after he was tackled that many realized Cassel was down. He started to get up, then went back down. There was a discernible "cheer" from a few when he went back down and just stayed there. I'm not the only one that heard it, as the group of people in my section actually discussed it.

Art Vader 10-08-2012 02:30 PM

Seems like Winston had Pioli's hand up his ass like a ventriloquist dummy.

They really made this whole thing backfire on the fan uprising!
Phantom injury followed by an outspoken rant against the fans resulting in deflected media focus.
Genius move.
Advantage Pioli.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8992575)
Did 810 just go off the air?

FAX

Pioli with the kill shot!

htismaqe 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vader (Post 8992585)
Seems like Winston had Pioli's hand up his ass like a ventriloquist dummy.

They really made this whole thing backfire on the fan uprising!
Phantom injury followed by an outspoken rant against the fans resulting in deflected media focus.
Genius move.
Advantage Pioli.

Yep.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8992576)
My favorite part about the whole thing is that Cassel goes down after dumping the ball off the Charles and then Charles runs for like 13 yards and gets a first down. People start cheering. Then Cassel isn't getting up and you don't hear cheers anymore, you just hear the collective noise of 60000+ people in the same area. When he gets up people clap and cheer with the players. And the story is that the fans were cheering when he was down and didn't stop. Mike Golic was dogging the fans and said that he cheers for the big hit, blah blah blah, but when you see the guy is hurt I stop... kinda like the fans at the game, idiot.

I wonder how many of these dumbasses sounding off on Winston's rant have actually seen the play.

In the neighborhood of zero.

ptlyon 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992590)
Pioli with the kill shot!

We flew our plane into it

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992594)
Yep.

so we have to counter strike back.

We are smart guys, We can play this game. We had our week in the media, He throw a jab back.

Instead of personal attacks. We should keep with our campaign and continue working forward.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:33 PM

Maybe Cassel can be retained next year as the 3rd string RB, or the practice squad QB anything more we're storming the castle.

jd1020 10-08-2012 02:33 PM

Me thinks Eric Winston will find out what 70000 people cheering sounds like when he goes down with an injury.

ChiefsCountry 10-08-2012 02:34 PM

Wait till the Raiders game and Cassel trots back on to the field. The boos will be even more.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8992606)
Wait till the Raiders game and Cassel trots back on to the field. The boos will be even more.

Cassel can start on the road, that way he will hear lots of cheering.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 02:37 PM

Mellinger is talking on NFLN and said this has been misrepresented.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992613)
Mellinger is talking on NFLN and said this has been misrepresented.

Great then we can expect Winston to apologize.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8992618)
Great then we can expect Winston to apologize.

Right...

LOL

The Bad Guy 10-08-2012 02:50 PM

Romeo is the worst HC this team has ever had.

Ever.

He doesn't have an ounce of a clue what is happening with his own team. He continues to treat fans like we are ****ing morons and continues to trot Cassel out.

He's worse than ****ing Herm.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8992655)

Ever.

He doesn't have an ounce of a clue what is happening with his own team. He continues to treat fans like we are ****ing morons and continues to trot Cassel out.

Whoa there big fella, Herm and Goonther were horrible. I know Crennel acts like losing is actually winning but I'm willing to give him the rest of the year.

Molitoth 10-08-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Ever.

I agree. I was all for giving Romeo a chance this season, but this is just awful. Next season cannot come quick enough.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-08-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8992398)
so in romeo's presser he said, when asked why they ran so much, "would you rather lose 40-10?"

he basically said we had no chance of winning if we relied on our QB

This pretty much proves to me, just my opinion, that Crennel has his hands tied. I'm not taking up for Crennel, but this is proof that Cassel's status is Pioli's decision.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8992676)
This pretty much proves to me, just my opinion, that Crennel has his hands tied. I'm not taking up for Crennel, but this is proof that Cassel's status is Pioli's decision.

The same way Haley and Weis reacted.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Ever.

This regime's apparent contempt for the fans makes them worse than ANYTHING that's ever come before.

Herm was an idiot but at least he wasn't an asshole too.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8992676)

Crennel asked to have his hands tied. He willingly accepted the job, knowing what it entailed.

Deberg_1990 10-08-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Ever.

I hated Herm, but your right. This clown makes Herm look like Bill Walsh.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX 10-08-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Ever.

I just don't think you understand Roleo, Mr. The Bad Guy.

For my part, I'm just so deliriously happy (as I know all the other Chiefs fans are throughout the entire Chiefs Kingdom) that we didn't lose by more than 3 points. Thank The Lord God Almighty on His Throne!!! It could have been so much worse.

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones 10-08-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992735)
Crennel asked to have his hands tied. He willingly accepted the job, knowing what it entailed.

For that he is a coward piece of shit, just like Pioli.

DeezNutz 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992735)
Crennel asked to have his hands tied.

NTTAWWT.

RealSNR 10-08-2012 03:22 PM

This is all an elaborate ploy by Pioli. He signed the team's RT of the future, but didn't realize he had a big mouth.

Now when the Chiefs draft in the top 5, he has an excuse to go get that premier RT from Iowa that he's always wanted.

FAX 10-08-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992732)
This regime's apparent contempt for the fans makes them worse than ANYTHING that's ever come before.

Herm was an idiot but at least he wasn't an asshole too.

ROFL

Have you forgotten, "Get over it.", Mr. htismaqe?

Herm had some of that asshole thing going on, but Pioli takes the cake ... ass, crack, curly hair, anal cavity, and all.

I swear that, if Chiefs fans were not deep-down, genuinely nice, salt-of-the-earth, understanding people who are willing to give others the benefit of the doubt and forgive and forget as necessary, Pioli wouldn't last through the season. Does anyone think for a moment that his bullsh*t would go over in New York or Philadelphia or Boston? Teams in those cities laugh at us ... just like the commissioner used to do.

Why? Because this franchise and this regime are a joke ... and the joke is on the fans, 100%. I hate to say it, but it's true ... this is one of those times when I'm really glad I don't live there so I can get away from the influence the team has.

We're no closer to fielding a winner now than we were the day he came to town. Arguably, we're much further away. Meanwhile, he has managed to help turn the national media against fans that have been the most forgiving, the most loyal, and the most supportive of any fan base in any sport ... in spite of being one of the worst run, most inept organizations in the league.

Pioli is a cull.

FAX

Graystoke 10-08-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8992800)
ROFL

Have you forgotten, "Get over it.", Mr. htismaqe?

Herm had some of that asshole thing going on, but Pioli takes the cake ... ass, crack, curly hair, anal cavity, and all.

I swear that, if Chiefs fans were not deep-down, genuinely nice, salt-of-the-earth, understanding people who are willing to give others the benefit of the doubt and forgive and forget as necessary, Pioli wouldn't last through the season. Does anyone think for a moment that his bullsh*t would go over in New York or Philadelphia or Boston? Teams in those cities laugh at us ... just like the commissioner used to do.

Why? Because this franchise and this regime are a joke ... and the joke is on the fans, 100%. I hate to say it, but it's true ... this is one of those times when I'm really glad I don't live there so I can get away from the influence the team has.

We're no closer to fielding a winner now than we were the day he came to town. Arguably, we're much further away. Meanwhile, he has managed to help turn the national media against fans that have been the most forgiving, the most loyal, and the most supportive of any fan base in any sport ... in spite of being one of the worst run, most inept organizations in the league.

Pioli is a cull.

FAX

This is just it!
We have paid, given patience, been lied to, hyped to, manipulated and pretty much everything BAD under the sun.
And how have we responded over the years?
We have cheered, even though there is less then a remote chance SOMEDAY we will be winners again.
We yearn for the day when Arrowhead Returns. We want to be the loudest and proudest NFL Stadium.
Dammit we miss the Chiefs!

KevB 10-08-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Pioli is a cull.

FAX

It's so true. I was fortunate to receive some great free seats with a parking pass yesterday. I've never been a season ticket holder, so I've only really felt the emotional pain of fandom, not the financial pain that many of you have. I took my 10 year old son. Assuming we'd paid for the two seats ($240, midfield 20 rows up), a parking pass ($32!!!), 2 hot dogs and 2 drinks......I'd have spent $300 on that joke of a game yesterday. I don't know how some of you do it. I respect the heck out of our season ticket holders who continually subject themselves to this franchise's mismanagement and misfortune, all while giving up huge sums of money to do so.

To think that this fan base as a whole is now being criticized in any way is a complete farce.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

:huh:

:bravo:

Chiefs Pantalones 10-08-2012 04:01 PM

Lombardi on NFLN just said it's not all Cassel's fault. Do these guys all take up for each other? I ****ing hate you Tom Brady if it weren't for you none if these ****ers would have a job.

Titty Meat 10-08-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Ever.

I agree but i'm not sure how much this town can bitch about him because he was the guy 90% of the fan base wanted.

ToxSocks 10-08-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8992897)
Lombardi on NFLN just said it's not all Cassel's fault. Do these guys all take up for each other? I ****ing hate you Tom Brady if it weren't for you none if these ****ers would have a job.

We're still being talked about? WTF.

I just got in my car to grab a quick snack, and the Dan Patrick show lists us on his "Best and worst of the week"

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

As much as I hate Cassel, there's more that has gone wrong with this team over 5 games than just Matt Cassel.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Scott's buddy.

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Of course they all stick up for each other.

Lombardi was a flunky in Cleveland at the same time Pioli was. That whole crew are all boys and they're going to back each other to the bitter end.

!@#$ 'em.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8992911)
As much as I hate Cassel, there's more that has gone wrong with this team over 5 games than just Matt Cassel.

Matt is 75% of what is wrong with the team.

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992921)

You're really selling short how much Romeo Crennel is ****ing this team.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-08-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8992911)

The most important position in sports is the biggest problem on this team. You fix that you'll be amazed with the transformation.

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8992924)
The most important position in sports is the biggest problem on this team. You fix that you'll be amazed with the transformation.

Once again, Matt Cassel is not the only problem with this team. I never said he wasn't a huge problem.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8992929)
Once again, Matt Cassel is not the only problem with this team. I never said he wasn't a huge problem.

He's not the only problem.

He is the biggest.

A good QB and they're 3-2.

KevB 10-08-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992921)

My guess is the 49ers felt the same way about their QB 3 years ago.

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8992948)

That's fair, but some of the same people that were killing Cassel 3 years ago (i.e. when many of his newly minted 'fans' were still singing his praises), were quick to point out the vast talent gap between Cassel and Smith.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ex#post7835505

The folks that were blaming Smith for all the problems in SF were, to put it mildly, wrong. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be pretty damn accurate here. Matt Cassel has never had the talent of Alex Smith and if we had a true 'game manager' of Smith's caliber as opposed to a 'shitty quarterback' like Matt Cassel, we'd be a darkhorse contender.

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8992948)

The #1 overall pick with the talent to back it up. Being picked that high makes it about whats inside. Thats not the deal with Matt. He has issues with physical and mental QB actions. If I thought Matt had half his skills that just needed to be used correctly I wouldn't have given up on him. He doesn't.

KChiefer 10-08-2012 04:24 PM

Around the Horn:

Plashke and Cowleshaw(sp?) both agreed that the fans are being misrepresented

Woody applauded Winston defending his teammate but didn't comment on the cheering itself.

Jones said nobody would cheer Quinn, so it must be cheering the injury

PTI:

Wilbond and Cornheiser both agree cheering was wrong, never attempt discussing other reasons for cheering.

kcxiv 10-08-2012 04:24 PM

No way would Matt ever have a game like Smith had yesterday. Ever lol

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8992961)
Around the Horn:

Woody applauded Winston defending his teammate but didn't comment on the cheering itself.

PTI:

Wilbond and Cornheiser both agree cheering was wrong, never attempt discussing other reasons for cheering.

If you don't know that we are hoping for a new QB this year, this is pretty sound logic. I do also wish people knew we weren't all crazy thinking Quinn will be the savior. Covitz semi-implied that when he defended us on Cowherd this morning.

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992945)
He's not the only problem.

He is the biggest.

A good QB and they're 3-2.

Eh maybe. The Defense couldn't stop shit the first two games, and it's hard to say they would of won last week with a different QB.

With that said, 2-3 compared to 1-4 is a huge difference considering the current state of the AFC West.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8992983)
Eh maybe. The Defense couldn't stop shit the first two games, and it's hard to say they would of won last week with a different QB.

With that said, 2-3 compared to 1-4 is a huge difference considering the current state of the AFC West.

If Cassel were worth a shit, they beat SD.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8992961)
Around the Horn:

PTI:

Plashke also said Chiefs fans hate Cassel. He must lurk here LOL