ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265468)

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9036072)
I think they can only do so much.

I mean, who would choose Manhattan over Austin?

There's a lot of schools that are in towns like Manhattan and still recruit well.

Mother****erJones 10-21-2012 04:20 PM

Bama blows KSTATE out. Wins 10 of 10 times

SAUTO 10-21-2012 04:23 PM

I think Alabama wins 7 of 10 match UPS
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP 10-21-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035959)
Right. Lost 14-6 to Florida in the swamp. #3 defense in the country. Terrible.

LSU got dominated by Florida much more than the final score shows. Florida held LSU to 42 yards rushing (1.7 ypc) and put up 176 yds on the ground. Florida had the ball 15 more minutes than LSU, had 22 first downs to LSU's 8, ran 25 straight running plays to close out the game, and shut LSU out in the 2nd half. LSU got destroyed by Florida. Florida didn't even attempt a pass in the 4th qtr.

tredadda 10-21-2012 04:26 PM

KSU's advantage over teams that are more talented than them is coaching. I am no KSU fan, but I respect Snyder. Against most teams that superior coaching works in KSU's favor. Problem is Alabama is equally well coached and are CLEARLY more talented from top to bottom. Bama wins and it would not even be close.

mr. tegu 10-21-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9036238)
LSU got dominated by Florida much more than the final score shows. Florida held LSU to 42 yards rushing (1.7 ypc) and put up 176 yds on the ground. Florida had the ball 15 more minutes than LSU, had 22 first downs to LSU's 8, ran 25 straight running plays to close out the game, and shut LSU out in the 2nd half. LSU got destroyed by Florida. Florida didn't even attempt a pass in the 4th qtr.

They also got mostly handled but A&M. Four stupid unforced turnovers and A&M was still right in it.

mr. tegu 10-21-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035959)
Right. Lost 14-6 to Florida in the swamp. #3 defense in the country. Terrible.

Again, when K-State wins shit LET ME KNOW. Until then, get your shine box and shut the **** up.

As far as LSU not being in the thick of things.......uhhhh there's a lot of football to be played. A LOT. LSU is in the thick of this just as much as anyone. If they beat Bama in 2 weeks, then what?

You really can't understand that this season has yet to be played and has nothing to do with past seasons. And as far as winning something this season, K-State had better wins than Alabama thus far. I want people to see this Alabama doesn't have to play Georgia, Florida, or South Carolina in the regular season this year. Cupcake schedule.

Wait so an undefeated team has no chance at a championship appearance but LSU with one loss is in the thick of it? Haha. LSU, the 8th ranked offense in the SEC will not beat out Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. LSU needs a LOT of help. K-State not so much.

And if LSU beats Alabama then we won't see this matchup you idiot. Gees. It will be Florida vs K-State/Oregon or those two vs each other depending how it plays out.

nychief 10-21-2012 05:22 PM

Beat Texas tech first.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 05:24 PM

Twenty five years ago no one would have believed that KSU would even be in the top 10, let alone discussed as a participant in a NC game. Coach Snyder has done what no one ever thought would happen, TWICE. The second time shows that the first time was not just a fluke.

Alabama with out question has a crap load more talent than the Cats. But they are still just as human and just as capable of losing as any other team. Snyder has a team at this moment in time that has completely bought into his plan. They believe in not only it but, the man himself. In so doing they are reaching beyond what they thought were their limits and finding new heights that can be achieved. That makes them a very dangerous team. I don't know. What I do know is that it is stupid to automatically dismiss a man who has achieved the improbable, not once but, twice.

Doubt if you want, I will wait to see how it (hopefully) plays out on the field.

nychief 10-21-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9036501)
Twenty five years ago no one would have believed that KSU would even be in the top 10, let alone discussed as a participant in a NC game. Coach Snyder has done what no one ever thought would happen, TWICE. The second time shows that the first time was not just a fluke.

Alabama with out question has a crap load more talent than the Cats. But they are still just as human and just as capable of losing as any other team. Snyder has a team at this moment in time that has completely bought into his plan. They believe in not only it but, the man himself. In so doing they are reaching beyond what they thought were their limits and finding new heights that can be achieved. That makes them a very dangerous team. I don't know. What I do know is that it is stupid to automatically dismiss a man who has achieved the improbable, not once but, twice.

Doubt if you want, I will wait to see how it (hopefully) plays out on the field.

Bob fresco is that you?

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9036535)
Bob fresco is that you?

Not so much.

nychief 10-21-2012 05:33 PM

Snyder has done yeoman's work in manhattan, that program is a tire fire under anybody else... But it's premature to talk about kstate in a national championship game... It's oct.

KevB 10-21-2012 05:37 PM

@KirkHerbstreit: 1. Bama 2. KST 3. UF 4. Oregon

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-21-2012 05:40 PM

Alabama would absolutely decimate K-State.

DaKCMan AP 10-21-2012 06:50 PM

BCS
1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. K-State
4. Oregon
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU
7. Oregon State
8. Oklahoma
9. USC
10. Georgia

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9036238)

Destroyed. Lost by a single possession. ****ing idiot. Kill yourself.

DaKCMan AP 10-21-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9036883)
Destroyed. Lost by a single possession. ****ing idiot. Kill yourself.

ROFL

I see you lack reading comprehension. Not surprising from a LSU fan.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9036906)
ROFL

I know, all of those NC's must cloud my thinking.

Again, when you're a single possession away from tying a game in the 4th quarter you didn't get "destroyed". That's beyond stupid. I wouldn't expect knowing any better from a god damn K-State fan.

NewChief 10-21-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9036912)

Again, when you're a single possession away from tying a game in the 4th quarter you didn't get "destroyed". That's beyond stupid. I wouldn't expect knowing any better from a god damn K-State fan.

He's a Florida fan.

DaKCMan AP 10-21-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9036912)

1. Florida has as many NC's as LSU.

2. Having possession 15 minutes more than your opponent, outrushing them 176-42, shutting them out in the 2nd half, and not even having to attempt a pass in the 4th quarter = domination.

3. Further proving your lack of reading comprehension and general knowledge, I'm not a K-State fan.

ChiefsCountry 10-21-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9036906)
ROFL

Now we know why he was pimping the shit out of Matt Flynn.

ChiefsCountry 10-21-2012 07:18 PM

Snyder has taken a school that should be my school's rival in the MVC and has made into a national power. That is one damn good coaching job.

DaKCMan AP 10-21-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9036930)
Now we know why he was pimping the shit out of Matt Flynn.

Yeah, even though Flynn is garbage (and always has been). I never liked Matt Flynn.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...82#post7020982

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...11#post7944111

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...95#post8251395

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9036942)
Snyder has taken a school that should be my school's rival in the MVC and has made into a national power. That is one damn good coaching job.

A national power.

JFC.............ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

ZERO

This is why you guys are stupid beyond comprehension. You can't have a "decade of dominance" without a single NC or be a national powerhouse because of a good season here or there. JFC........

Reerun_KC 10-21-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9036950)
A national power.

JFC.............ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

ZERO

This is why you guys are stupid beyond comprehension. You can't have a "decade of dominance" without a single NC or be a national powerhouse because of a good season here or there. JFC........

But they have a DVD. You should get one and educate yourself.

http://store.cstv.com/store_contents...duct_id=175258

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9037004)

I know, homey. DECADE OF DOMINANCE! Dominating a decade of college football like a boss........with no national championships. That's hard to ****ing do!

Sassy Squatch 10-21-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9037004)

Too advanced. He doesn't even know the difference between you're and your. Leapfrog is a better alternative .

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9037013)
I know, homey. DECADE OF DOMINANCE! Dominating a decade of college football like a boss........with no national championships. That's hard to ****ing do!

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i60/5/8/6/...nvy-d432c1.jpg

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9037025)
Too advanced. He doesn't even know the difference between you're and your. Leapfrog is a better alternative .

I see YOUR sarcasm meter is broken.........

Sassy Squatch 10-21-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9037058)
I see YOUR sarcasm meter is broken.........

Only calling it like I see it. Call it sarcasm if you want.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9037084)
Only calling it like I see it. Call it sarcasm if you want.

You still missed it. /facepalm

Coach 10-21-2012 09:16 PM

Really...

This is still going on...?

:facepalm:

boogblaster 10-21-2012 09:16 PM

ima all for a shot at bama .. who knows anything can happen .....

Lzen 10-21-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9036046)
This has always been a ridiculous talking point. Especially from the reeruned aspect of our EMAW brethren.

Coaching IS recruiting. Mack Brown gets a ridiculous amount of criticism because he recruits well and doesn't win the Big XII every year. Same with Rick Barnes. They are both great coaches. And the argument that coach x could do so much more with others talent, discounts the aspect recruiting plays in making a great coach.

Saban is great because he gets a ton of talent on campus and closes the deal. Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff. But there is still a TON of talent at key positions. The best talent has come through transfers. Plus, EMAW has a real leader at the most important position.
Several weeks ago one of the phogtards said the talent level between KU and KSU was virtually the same. That the entire difference was coaching. Needless to say, that person just regugitates a talking point that has been repeated so often, it's taken as gospel.

Can the EMAW make it through to the MNC? Sure. But we are also just good enough to lose anywhere along the way. I'm here for the ride.

To the 'ship!

That's not exactly what was said and you know it. But i wouldn't expect a person who takes a phrase (or saying or whatever the **** Saul would like to call it) like emaw as gospel to have the intelligence to understand the difference.

Lzen 10-21-2012 09:36 PM

You know what's funny about this whole thing is that a couple KSU fans are acting exactly like what they say they hate about KU basketball fans. I don't have anything against KSU except for the few who start acting like douches when their team is winning. Which will make it fun watching them fail yet again.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9037394)
You know what's funny about this whole thing is that a couple KSU fans are acting exactly like what they say they hate about KU basketball fans. I don't have anything against KSU except for the few who start acting like douches when their team is winning. Which will make it fun watching them fail yet again.

All this........I know KU, MU, and K-State fans. And of those, ONLY K-State fans act like king shit after k-state wins a few games.

Imon Yourside 10-21-2012 09:50 PM

I would like to see K-State win, but I don't think they would have a chance.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 09:53 PM

I would rather someone throw a javelin into my taint than see k-state win a NC. The fans are bad enough without one.

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9037433)
I would rather someone throw a javelin into my taint than see k-state win a NC. The fans are bad enough without one.

:spock:

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9037396)
All this........I know KU, MU, and K-State fans. And of those, ONLY K-State fans act like king shit after k-state wins a few games.

Clearly, you don't know KU fans.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9037394)

I see no comparison. :shrug:

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

LMAO I spent the past 9 years down in east Texas. Close enough to Tiger country that I had PLENTY of encounters with LSU fans. For one of them to be complaining about obnoxious fans is quite ridiculous and hypocritical.

So in other other words, kindly go fuck yourself with said javelin.

kcchiefsus 10-22-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9035123)
Most likely. But it only takes one game and one or two QB mistakes from Bama to change the game. Bama will have to beat K-State. They won't beat themselves. I would guess Bama as a 9.5-10.5 point favorite if they played tomorrow.

K-State won't beat themselves, but Bama might? Sure thing.

RustShack 10-22-2012 01:43 AM

This is a thread because Iowa State didn't have their starting RB.

BryanBusby 10-22-2012 01:45 AM

What a weird thread this is.

Alabama would shut down the option quickly and proceed to rape k-state. Snyder is a glorious football wizard and all, but he and Klein aren't going to do anything special that Saban hasn't already dealt with when going against Tim Tebow/Urban Meyer.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9037721)

Alabama would shut down the option quickly and proceed to rape k-state. Snyder is a glorious football wizard and all, but he and Klein aren't going to do anything special that Saban hasn't already dealt with when going against Tim Tebow/Urban Meyer.

Didn't Tebow/Meyer go on to win a couple of NCs?

Not sure that point helps your argument any.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9037721)

Don't under estimate the K-state defense. It would be a close low scoring game. Probably a one possession game until about 5-10 minutes left and Bama finally pulls away.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9037717)
This is a thread because Iowa State didn't have their starting RB.

HOLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA

TheGuardian 10-22-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9037755)
Don't under estimate the K-state defense. It would be a close low scoring game. Probably a one possession game until about 5-10 minutes left and Bama finally pulls away.

JFC............

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9037778)
JFC............

You have done nothing in this thread except rely on past accolades of Alabama and complain about K-state fans. You have said absolutely nothing to refute any legitimate point. You have been routinely made a fool of. "K-state and fancy offense" in the same sentence comes to mind. Or when I asked you to refute what I said when you said "it was weak sauce" and you promptly ignored it. The win something first argument you have continually used has nothing to do with this season at all.

Probably my favorite of your idiotic takes is that LSU is right in the thick of the NC game hunt but K-state has no shot even though K-state is undefeated and has played their two toughest games (@ OU and @ WVU) and basically controls their own destiny while LSU has to beat out Alabama and Mississipi St in the west and then the SEC East winner and then still hope to be ahead of all those teams as well as Oregon, ND, and K-state. Why you keep coming back I don't know.

ChiTown 10-22-2012 07:57 AM

LOL, there is some professional sized butt-hurt exuding from this thread.

ndws 10-22-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035700)
Cross burning aggy? We have an elephant for a mascot for no GD reason aggy?

My guess is because a Crimson Tide bloody pad was deemed inappropriate, even in Alabama. So the next best way to honor their ladies there was to use an elephant.

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 08:06 AM

Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
Vaikalafi Lutui - 6'2", 280
John Sua - 6'0", 290
Meshak Williams - 6'3", 245

That D-Line would get pushed around and abused by Alabama or Florida's O-Line.

The SEC continues to win because their elite teams control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

duncan_idaho 10-22-2012 08:15 AM

THis would be an interesting title matchup if for no reason other than they both execute so well. I don't know that we've ever seen a title game where both participants are so efficient from that standpoint (Not one I can think of).

I'd take Alabama by 10-14.

Snyder is a genius - top 5 coach of all time, and I'm sure he'd have won at least 3 national titles if at a school with more natural advantages - and his defense is very, very sound. But Alabama's front is SO good. Huge, athletic and consistent. Back that up with overwhelming talent, and they're going to be successful against even a good defense. Bama will execute enough to stress KSU's incredibly solid and smart but not overwhelmingly athletic defense. McCarron is a perfect fit for that system, too. He just isn't going to make mistakes or help the defense.

On defense, Alabama plays a lot like KSU. Incredibly sound. They just don't make mistakes. The difference comes in, IMO, at LB - where Alabama has 3-4 Arthur Browns on the roster and in the secondary.

That's been the biggest difference, IMO, in what I see from SEC teams this year. The level of athlete in the secondary is just higher across the board than in the Big 12.

I think Alabama would be able to make KSU one-dimensional (shutting down the run with the front 6/7), and I don't know that Klein has the arm or accuracy to throw consistently against the sticky-tight coverage Alabama will throw out there.

Klein has made BIG strides there, especially from what I saw in my last trip to Manhattan, ever, but the release is still a little slow, and most of what I've seen him doing this year involves throwing to guys who have at least 3-5 yards of separation.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9037910)
Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
John Sua - 6'0", 290

The SEC continues to win because their elite teams control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, Oklahoma really dominated those guys. :rolleyes:

You can't tell me Alabama or Florida has that much more talent than Oklahoma.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9037910)
Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
John Sua - 6'0", 290

No doubt either of those teams wins the game. I just don't see it being a blowout by any means. It will be one of those games where the game was closer than the score indicates.

The funny thing is that I am not even a fan of K-State or a non fan of Alabama. I am just being objective. Something most people in this thread are not capable of. (not referring to you specifically DaKCMan).

Reerun_KC 10-22-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9037928)

ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9037935)
ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

OU is always loaded with talent.

Their problems the last few years haven't been talent related. (except perhaps at the QB position...)

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

In the trenches, yes, they do.

ChiTown 10-22-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9037935)
ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

Not sure why this is funny? OU sends a lot of guys from their OL to the NFL.

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9037945)
Not sure why this is funny? OU sends a lot of guys from their OL to the NFL.

They do, but the biggest advantage the SEC teams have over other conferences are dominant offensive and defensive lines. Last time Florida played Oklahoma they outrushed them 249yds (5.4ypc) to 107yds (3.7ypc). They held an Oklahoma team averaging 54 ppg to 14 pts.

ChiTown 10-22-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9037960)
They do, but the biggest advantage the SEC teams have over other conferences are dominant offensive and defensive lines. Last time Florida played Oklahoma they outrushed them 249yds (5.4ypc) to 107yds (3.7ypc). They held an Oklahoma team averaging 54 ppg to 14 pts.

No argument on the DL. The SEC dominates that category like no other.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9038018)
No argument on the DL. The SEC dominates that category like no other.

Not the NFL though :mad:

Lzen 10-22-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9037505)
I see no comparison. :shrug:

I know it's hard for you to see since you are a KSU fan, but they are around. Jamie, you are one of the good ones, IMO. So for your sake and the ones like you, I don't wish anything bad for your team. But there are those that are just as bad as the so called "arrogant" KU fans that our rivals always complain about. And the only thing they deserve is failure.

Los Pollos Hermanos 10-22-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

I would chip in on that javelin.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Pollos Hermanos (Post 9038128)
I would chip in on that javelin.

LMAO

"Javelin Discount Superstore" FTW.

BigCatDaddy 10-22-2012 09:49 AM

Had to pick Bama, but it would be interesting to see when given enough time to prepare if Snyder can pull off the big upset.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9038088)
I know it's hard for you to see since you are a KSU fan, but they are around. Jamie, you are one of the good ones, IMO. So for your sake and the ones like you, I don't wish anything bad for your team. But there are those that are just as bad as the so called "arrogant" KU fans that our rivals always complain about. And the only thing they deserve is failure.

Hell every fan base has that contingent. The question becomes what percentage of the fan base is made up of that contingent? That is how I judge a teams fans.

TheGuardian 10-22-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9038160)
Hell every fan base has that contingent. The question becomes what percentage of the fan base is made up of that contingent? That is how I judge a teams fans.

From where I've sat? 99% of em. K-State fans are the worst I've ever been around.

The gap difference in talent level from K-State to Bama is so big no amount of coaching can make up the difference. It wouldn't even be a game after the first quarter.

OU has played SEC teams.......and lost badly. So I'm not sure why the OU comparison keeps coming up.

As someone noted, the big difference is in the trenches where the SEC just owns. K-State would have no chance.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2012 09:59 AM

So, Guradian...how ya' diggin' Pioli/Casshole these days?

And yes, Snatchez has become FAIL, thanks.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9038179)
From where I've sat? 99% of em. K-State fans are the worst I've ever been around.

The gap difference in talent level from K-State to Bama is so big no amount of coaching can make up the difference. It wouldn't even be a game after the first quarter.

OU has played SEC teams.......and lost badly. So I'm not sure why the OU comparison keeps coming up.

As someone noted, the big difference is in the trenches where the SEC just owns. K-State would have no chance.

Are you just some random, t-shirt LSU fan? Get bent, dipshit. I bet you smell like rotten mayonnaise.

TheGuardian 10-22-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9038183)
Are you just some random, t-shirt LSU fan? Get bent, dipshit. I bet you smell like rotten mayonnaise.

Well that's a strong case made for K-State right there.

ChiTown 10-22-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

:rolleyes:

Whatever you say, T-Shirt fan......

duncan_idaho 10-22-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

I don't think OU's OL is quite to its usual standard this season, due to injuries and a few key guys retiring or walking away from the program. It certainly isn't as good as when Fat Phil Loadholt was there.

I'd say there's a big gap between Alabama's OL and ... well, everyone's, honestly. Also, what Alabama does on offense is much more about the OL than a team like OU (that's running basically spread offense concepts and trying to throw the ball around and use quick skill guys).

Alabama is pretty classic ground and pound. That type of approach is going to be a little more successful, usually, against a smaller DL than a team that throws it a ton.

Oklahoma threw the ball 43 times against KSU and ran it 27. If Bama runs 70 plays against KSU, I'd expect it to be something like 45 runs and 25 passing plays.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

As I said, coming from an LSU fan that is highly hypocritical. Hell, do you even realize just how obnoxious and annoying you have been yourself in this very thread?

Pot meet kettle.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9038242)
As I said, coming from an LSU fan that is highly hypocritical. Hell, do you even realize just how obnoxious and annoying you have been yourself in this very thread?

Pot meet kettle.

ROFL

TheGuardian 10-22-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9038242)

Hey man, tell me again.....what's this thread about?

Yeah this thread had no business even being made.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9038324)

I don't see why not. It is a legitimate question considering there is a real possibility that the game occurs.

Dante84 10-22-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9038324)

As an LSU fan, are you pretty pumped up for the Holiday Insight Bowl this year? Tickets booked and bags packed, I'd imagine. SEC travels well.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 11:02 AM

Rohan Davey was an insanely overrated piece of shit.