ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Blackout Arrowhead: Nov 18 vs Bengals - Reserve Your Gear Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265617)

BourbonMan 10-29-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9061977)
use the nark text line. Tell them there is this pathetic team on the field that is ruining your game experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9061985)
thats what I was thinking. Surely someone would notice the bump in usage and look into what it was.

Sorry, I misunerstood what you were saying....That is actually a great idea.

BlackHelicopters 10-29-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9061985)
thats what I was thinking. Surely someone would notice the bump in usage and look into what it was.

Someone would surely notice a near simultaneous influx of texts. The message would be rec'd by the FO, one way or another.

acasas4 10-29-2012 11:52 AM

I called this morning and they were out of my hoodie size. They said they should have them in this week and promised to call. I hope they can meet demand.

Bob Dole 10-29-2012 01:43 PM

Holy crap. Just looked at the SOC FB page and someone asked if the blackout attire came in any other colors.

(Bob Dole can't stop laughing.)

BourbonMan 10-29-2012 01:48 PM

Just got off the phone with Sportsnutz..They are shipping my Hoodie tomorrow...$36.63 total.:D:D:D

Marcellus 10-29-2012 02:15 PM

Any word on how many have sold so far?

Phobia 10-29-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9062977)
Any word on how many have sold so far?

Not nearly enough. They seem to be thrilled with the results but we aren't going to make any impact with a few hundred. We need a few thousand. Presumably, there will be plenty of fans who already have black Chiefs gear.

AustinChief 10-29-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9062895)
Holy crap. Just looked at the SOC FB page and someone asked if the blackout attire came in any other colors.

(Bob Dole can't stop laughing.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's awesome.

NJChiefsFan 10-29-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9063136)
Not nearly enough. They seem to be thrilled with the results but we aren't going to make any impact with a few hundred. We need a few thousand. Presumably, there will be plenty of fans who already have black Chiefs gear.

How cold is it out in KC? I wonder how much that will hurt us. Like you said it really doesn't have to be the shirt. I mean if I was going to the game I would get one but I probably would just have any casual fans that came with me wear something black that they own instead of buying them all shirts.

Hammock Parties 10-29-2012 03:36 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nN_eFPLOqb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

acasas4 10-29-2012 04:42 PM

Great job Marty! :thumb:

Rooster 10-29-2012 05:22 PM

Wow Marty that was great. You nailed it sir. :clap:

Dayze 10-29-2012 07:27 PM

Good job Mary. Not only will your name carry a lot of weight with the true fans, but you also make a great ambassador.

Nicely done man. For real

You sound 1000 times better than that stuttering blob Teicher.

Hammock Parties 10-29-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9063866)
Good job Mary.

ROFL

Dayze 10-29-2012 07:52 PM

Well shit. Lol

Hammock Parties 10-29-2012 08:13 PM

Apparently people have threatened the SportsNutz guys for selling black shirts.

Phobia 10-29-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9064025)

Those people are silly. I had 10+ people come up to me asking if they could buy shirts tonight. High school football players, especially are disgusted by the Chiefs level of competitiveness.

Titty Meat 10-29-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Really? That's the dumbest shit ever. I haven't met one person who opposes this

BigRedChief 10-29-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

:eek: ****ing idiots everywhere.

Phobia 10-29-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

I probably spent way too much time focused on dispelling the "black shirt = raider fan" myth during my 20 minute interview tonight. I did bring 4 other NFL licensed black merchandise in both men's and women's to the interview to prove that the argument is ridiculous.

FloridaMan88 10-29-2012 10:13 PM

Marty's interview regarding Save Our Chiefs must have many at One Arrowhead Drive feeling very uneasy now. They want to believe this movement is just a few drunk/crazy fans... the interview today proved that is not the case.

Hammock Parties 10-29-2012 10:24 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...94552618_n.jpg

jspchief 10-30-2012 07:02 AM

Great interview Marty. Having an intelligent, well spoken voice to the movement adds so much credibility to it. Too bad the two radio guys came off as mouth breathing idiots.

Valiant 10-30-2012 08:02 AM

I rarely hear chiefs commercials on my radio station, nor have I heard them pimp the military members before. Or I could hae just missed it. In the past.

But they just had a commercial with lenny. Basically our fans have been with usthrough good times and bad, we have great fans and come support our military members against cinci.

They seem worried.

KCUnited 10-30-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9065132)
I rarely hear chiefs commercials on my radio station, nor have I heard them pimp the military members before. Or I could hae just missed it. In the past.

But they just had a commercial with lenny. Basically our fans have been with usthrough good times and bad, we have great fans and come support our military members against cinci.

They seem worried.

I heard that commercial early this morning as well and had a similar thought. The Blackout definitely has enough of their attention that they felt the need to put their own message out there for that game.

Shox 10-30-2012 08:41 AM

I'm going to be in KC over night on Saturday so I would not have to make the 3 hour trip and I have season tickets, but I just can't do it. I'm to tired of watching the Chiefs get blown out I just can't stomach it anymore. I refuse to give this organization anymore of my hard earned money until they fix this joke of team.

1st half black shirts
2nd half red seats

The Franchise 10-30-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

The reerun is strong in this fanbase.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-30-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9065335)
The reerun is strong in this fanbase.

They're threatening physical violence on Clay should he come to Arrowhead and watch a game. They're emotional about the shit fest this team gives them, and they're taking it out on us.

The Franchise 10-30-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9065357)
They're threatening physical violence on Clay should he come to Arrowhead and watch a game. They're emotional about the shit fest this team gives them, and they're taking it out on us.

How dare you take away their party?!!?!?!

Seriously....**** these people. They want to bitch and moan about the fans who cheered when Cassel went down....but they're threatening violence on fans who are voicing their opinions.

jspchief 10-30-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

What a ****ing embarrassment. To actually threaten violence in defense of the current regime. I can't begin to wrap my head around that level of stupidity.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-30-2012 09:46 AM

They are worried.

Quote:

They seem worried.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-30-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9065361)
What a ****ing embarrassment. To actually threaten violence in defense of the current regime. I can't begin to wrap my head around that level of stupidity.

They actually agree with our message. I have only seen 1-2 people defending Pioli. They just think we're committing sacrilege by coming to Arrowhead in black gear, instead of red. They're overly dramatic, and I've told them as much.

I think I said something like, your choice to be a fan. Get a clue. :D

The Franchise 10-30-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9065389)
They actually agree with our message. I have only seen 1-2 people defending Pioli. They just think we're committing sacrilege by coming to Arrowhead in black gear, instead of red. They're overly dramatic, and I've told them as much.

Those are the people who use that bullshit line of "Would you wear black to church?" or "Only the Raiders wear black!".

Funny how these people will scream that it's just a game.....but god forbid you wear black to a game.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-30-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9065404)
Those are the people who use that bullshit line of "Would you wear black to church?" or "Only the Raiders wear black!".

Funny how these people will scream that it's just a game.....but god forbid you wear black to a game.

"Would you boo your kids at their football games?" ROFL La, la, la...whatever.

The Franchise 10-30-2012 09:59 AM

I ****ing hate these people. Worthless ****ing "fans".

stevenidol 10-30-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

They seem worried.

They have been running that Len Dawson 50 years of Chiefs commercial since July. They just change the end to whatever game is next on the schedule.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-30-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

I say bring it, you True Fan sacks of shit. Let's ****ing RUMBLE.

soopamanluva 10-30-2012 10:49 AM

Where are people threatning violence?

Marcellus 10-30-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9065423)
"Would you boo your kids at their football games?" ROFL La, la, la...whatever.

If I was paying $100 a ticket to watch my kids team play and they laid turds like the Chiefs are.........Yea I would boo their punk asses. If my boy was playing like Cassel his ass would be walking home too.

:p

Mr. Flopnuts 10-30-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9065776)
If I was paying $100 a ticket to watch my kids team play and they laid turds like the Chiefs are.........Yea I would boo their punk asses. If my boy was playing like Cassel his ass would be walking home too.

:p

LOL, if I had kids I would've said hey, my kids get me into their damn games for free!

luv 10-30-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9065389)

I've never seen anyone get any crap over wearing black into the stadium before now, unless it was Raiders gear.

luv 10-30-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9065404)

I do usually wear black to funerals, yes. And it doesn't mean I don't love the deceased. Just means I'm mourning.

Hammock Parties 10-30-2012 02:25 PM

A kind soul just mailed my shirt off.

I'm getting word that these are selling like hotcakes at SportsNutz.

bevischief 10-30-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066152)

Have they restocked yet? Every time I call they take my number and no return call.

Unsmooth-Moment 10-30-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Has there been an estimate on the # of sales so far?

Phobia 10-30-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

I saw him up there. He's Shaggy again.

Phobia 10-30-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9066308)
Has there been an estimate on the # of sales so far?

Not nearly enough. Got 3 weeks to make this thing happen. Been wearing mine around town today and getting comments left and right. Even the checkout boy at Price Chopper asked.

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2012 04:04 PM

I brought this up before, but has Sports Nutz been handing out leaflets or flyers? Seems like a no-brainer. Low cost, and it benefits both SOC and their store. Also, don't know if it's too late to do this, but the online shopping process seems uneven. Why not buy a domain like "blackoutarrowhead.com", create an easy link to find the shirt, and allow people to order online? Right now, I apologize if that's already happened, but right now as I see it, it's not easy for the passive online shopper to get a shirt.

One of the big problems is that there are lots of people who would prefer to buy this stuff online vs. over the phone or in store. Just some thoughts.

bevischief 10-30-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9066548)
I brought this up before, but has Sports Nutz been handing out leaflets or flyers? Seems like a no-brainer. Low cost, and it benefits both SOC and their store. Also, don't know if it's too late to do this, but the online shopping process seems uneven. Why not buy a domain like "blackoutarrowhead.com", create an easy link to find the shirt, and allow people to order online? Right now, I apologize if that's already happened, but right now as I see it, it's not easy for the passive online shopper to get a shirt.

One of the big problems is that there are lots of people who would prefer to buy this stuff online vs. over the phone or in store. Just some thoughts.

I have had a hard time buying one since I live out of town still don't have one yet.

Phobia 10-30-2012 04:18 PM

Flier needs to be done. As far as an easier, electronic point of purchase... That's out of our hands. There's little doubt that SportsNutz could streamline the process but I'm not sure I see that happening anytime soon.

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9066610)
Flier needs to be done. As far as an easier, electronic point of purchase... That's out of our hands. There's little doubt that SportsNutz could streamline the process but I'm not sure I see that happening anytime soon.

Cool. I could see that -- the website is a little difficult to navigate, so I imagine they don't have web capability. It still might be simple just to build a simple landing page that gives clear instructions on how to order the shirt, where to go, etc.... If it led to a link where they could order online, even better.

I know that gets confusing because you'd be marketing two names, saveourchiefs and blackoutarrowhead. But it's been my experience in marketing that if you want someone to buy a product, you have to reduce the steps to get that product. Or else people will become lazy and not follow through. This also opens up opportunity to buy some online advertising on google or facebook linking people directly to a site -- I don't know that that's an effective way to advertise SOC, but think it's very effective for blackout shirts. Just some thoughts -- might be too soon to orchestrate for the Cincy game, but something to consider for later home games, as I'd imagine this isn't the last blackout planned.

FloridaMan88 10-31-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

These dumbshit fanatical homers better watch themselves... if they attempt to do anything to disrupt the Blackout Protest on 11/18, there will be consequences.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9070018)
These dumbshit fanatical homers better watch themselves... if they attempt to do anything to disrupt the Blackout Protest on 11/18, there will be consequences.

They're all talk. It's not like I'm going to be at a game until next season anyway.

FloridaMan88 10-31-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9066610)

How about a marketing insert in the KC Star? This would reach a large # of people with the information.

Ted Massing is the contact for marketing inserts with the KC Star, his direct phone # is 816-234-4193.

It might be worth contacing him to check out pricing and to see if the timing is doable.

gblowfish 11-01-2012 10:50 AM

A poem for the Blackout:

I see some red seats and I want them painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the fans walk by dressed in their Sunday clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With Romeo and Scott, both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a one and seven start, it happens ev'ryday

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red Chiefs jersey, it's been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

No more will my green play field turn a deeper blue
I could not forsee this thing happening to you
If we suck hard enough before the season's done
The NFL will laugh at us before the morning comes

Hmm, hmm, hmm...

I wanna see it painted black, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun, blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah

Hmm, hmm, hmm...

Hammock Parties 11-01-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9071196)
A poem for the Blackout:

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With Romeo and Scott, both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a one and seven start, it happens ev'ryday

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red Chiefs jersey, it's been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

No more will my green play field turn a deeper blue
I could not forsee this thing happening to you
If we suck hard enough before the season's done
The NFL will laugh at us before the morning comes

Hmm, hmm, hmm...

I wanna see it painted black, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun, blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah

Hmm, hmm, hmm...

BRILLIANT

WHO WANTS TO SING THIS

I REQUIRE IT

SNAFU 11-01-2012 02:24 PM

Anyone know if these hoodies/shirts will be available for purchase at the game?

Hammock Parties 11-01-2012 02:41 PM

OH SHI

http://i.imgur.com/LkvMK.png

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 11-01-2012 02:48 PM

just at their store before kickoff. The Chiefs turned down our request to sell them inside the stadium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNAFU (Post 9071770)
Anyone know if these hoodies/shirts will be available for purchase at the game?

Hammock Parties 11-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9071843)
The Chiefs turned down our request to sell them inside the stadium.

http://ebengregory.wpengine.netdna-c...shaq-laugh.gif

WV 11-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9071843)
just at their store before kickoff. The Chiefs turned down our request to sell them inside the stadium.

Thats funny right there.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2012 04:27 PM

Black Out Arrowhead. Deal with it.

http://i.imgur.com/fimMk.jpg

007 11-01-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9071854)

How come animated gifs are not working in chrome this week?

Hammock Parties 11-01-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9072178)
How come animated gifs are not working in chrome this week?

They're working fine for me. Might need to refresh or open the GIF in a new tab.

bevischief 11-01-2012 05:04 PM

Can't they sell this on Ebay with a buy it now price?

Phobia 11-01-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9072293)
Can't they sell this on Ebay with a buy it now price?

These are not tech savvy people, unfortunately. They're struggling with telephones and paper. It's a process.

007 11-01-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9072211)
They're working fine for me. Might need to refresh or open the GIF in a new tab.

Yeah that is what I have to do this week. Don't know why this is an issue for me now though.

bevischief 11-01-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9072423)
These are not tech savvy people, unfortunately. They're struggling with telephones and paper. It's a process.

That is for sure. There are businesses that is all they do. I have stopped counting how many times I have called and left my personal cell number.

bevischief 11-01-2012 05:42 PM

WTF? They are only selling this stuff out of the Independence store? My wife went to the Legends store and that is what she was told.

jspchief 11-01-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9072469)
WTF? They are only selling this stuff out of the Independence store? My wife went to the Legends store and that is what she was told.

Is was stated in this thread.

Phobia 11-01-2012 05:51 PM

Correct. I presume the other stores are franchisees.

bevischief 11-01-2012 06:01 PM

I live 10 hours away and wife is close about a little over a hour away visiting family but I agree with her not to have to drive another hour to get one. I don't remember seeing that was the only store and nothing in the opening that said that was the only store if that is the case they are doing a poor job of keeping up.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 11-01-2012 10:31 PM

Bevis, not really but we'll take the hit. With something like this the worst thing you can do is order a bunch of product and NOT sell it. So we started off with small batches (180 pieces) to manage the risk. Now with tonight's game in the shitter, demand will increase and we'll order more. The printer is on standby already to fulfill new orders.

I do apologize this has not been easy for you.

wazu 11-01-2012 10:45 PM

I overheard girls at work talking about the blackout today. They knew the date and the opponent. Word is out on this.

KCrockaholic 11-01-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9075868)
I overheard girls at work talking about the blackout today. They knew the date and the opponent. Word is out on this.

:clap: Nice....

Although they were girls...So they probably had bad things to say about it?

I can't help but notice the overwhelming female population that doesn't understand the SOC movement. They don't get it at all. Yet they will sit there and try to defend their bullshit opinions on it.

I applaud the girls who understand what SOC is trying to do, and actually want something done as well.

Phobia 11-02-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9075898)
:clap: Nice....

Although they were girls...So they probably had bad things to say about it?

I can't help but notice the overwhelming female population that doesn't understand the SOC movement. They don't get it at all. Yet they will sit there and try to defend their bullshit opinions on it.

I applaud the girls who understand what SOC is trying to do, and actually want something done as well.

The detractors are mostly from a specific group of fans who fancy themselves the best fans in the lot. If SOC had been their idea, they'd be all fine and dandy with a blackout idea. The girls I know on the street think the idea is awesome and they want to know where to buy a shirt.

007 11-02-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9076116)
The detractors are mostly from a specific group of fans who fancy themselves the best fans in the lot. If SOC had been their idea, they'd be all fine and dandy with a blackout idea. The girls I know on the street think the idea is awesome and they want to know where to buy a shirt.

And just who are these "girls on the street" Phobia?

pr_capone 11-02-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9076119)

LMAO

SPchief 11-02-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9076119)

LMAO Walked right into that one

BossChief 11-02-2012 12:44 AM

Marty and Eric...what's stopping you guys from opening an eBay store and selling these on it?

I mean, really...you already have 100,000 prospective clients and it could be sold as a "buy it and it will be made and shipped to your door within x amount of days...make sure to order in time for the blackout."

You really wouldn't even need a eBay store to do this, just a resale liscence and a couple people to manage the logistics.