ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What kind of HC do you want next? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265653)

htismaqe 10-25-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9049373)
Dom Capers? Yeah, like Wade Phillips, he needs another chance.

:facepalm:

Capers is a decent DC but a horrible head coach.

And no, Philbin didn't "fall into" his situation. He and Mike Sherman worked together in Green Bay, runs the West Coast offense and was a no-brainer selection. Their brain trust decided that Tannehill was their guy and so far, he's playing very well and improving each week.

That isn't "luck": That's a detailed plan of success. Something the Chiefs haven't had since, well, the 1960's.

Joe Philbin actually has a pretty impressive resume.

He was one HELL of an offensive line coach, that's for sure.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9049892)
It's funny that people just give Cowher a pass for not winning a superbowl until his 15th year in the league.

Any decent coach SHOULD be able to win 1 superbowl if he's been with the same team for 15 years.

Add that to the fact that he was the GM also and made personnel decisions, and that makes it even harder to give him a pass.

The only thing I like about Cowher is the toughness he would bring to the team. That's about it.

Cowher was NEVER the GM of the Steelers.

In the 90's, he answered to Tom Donahoe and to a lesser extent, Tom Modrak.

In the 2000's, Kevin Colbert.

I'd rather see someone else in KC but JFC, get your facts straight.

WhiteWhale 10-25-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9049892)
It's funny that people just give Cowher a pass for not winning a superbowl until his 15th year in the league.

Any decent coach SHOULD be able to win 1 superbowl if he's been with the same team for 15 years.

Add that to the fact that he was the GM also and made personnel decisions, and that makes it even harder to give him a pass.

The only thing I like about Cowher is the toughness he would bring to the team. That's about it.

So Don Shula is not a decent coach right?

Or does only the FIRST fifteen years qualify? I never know about these arbitrarily placed standards, so I have to ask.

ChiefsCountry 10-25-2012 10:56 PM

I would prefer a young upcomer but Cowher would be the one retread that I could accept. Also he would be somebody who would tell Pioli to go shove it as well.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9049586)
So tomlin did what he did with Cowhers guys huh? Those same guys had a .500 record with cowher the year before Tomlin came.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Steelers had some serious injuries in 2006, had endured their longest season since the 80's and in all likelihood, were just plain worn out.

Not too many teams repeat these days.

And FWIW, Tomlin took over essentially the same exact team and same exact coaching staff.

So the answer to your question is yes.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9050764)
I would prefer a young upcomer but Cowher would be the one retread that I could accept. Also he would be somebody who would tell Pioli to go shove it as well.

With all due respect dude, there's no way Pioli would hire Cowher.

IF Pioli is here in 2013, it'll be Bill O'Brien, although I think he's a goner.

ChiefsCountry 10-25-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050774)

If Cowher is hired it would be Hunt doing it IMO.

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050774)

I think Bill O'Brien could be a great coach. He's done a great job at Penn State.

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9049288)
This is what I've said across multiple threads.

It's early, but I like what Joe Philbin has been able to accomplish for a talent depleted football team. The Dolphins traded away their best offensive and defensive players, drafted a rookie QB and are currently sitting at 3-3 and are a few plays from 5-1.

Regardless of who their GM is in 2013, this team will be poised to make a move because they won't need to tie up their first round pick on a QB and have a pair of second and third round picks.

Philbin wasn't the "hot" coordinator. By all accounts, he didn't even call the plays. But what he was before being hired as a head coach was a pure football coach that was organized, detailed and level headed. His age (51) didn't hurt him at all.

THAT'S the type of guy I want to lead the Chiefs. Not a one-year-wonder like Chud or whomever.

Except Chud isn't a 1 year wonder he's done great things everywhere he's went. Carolina is a dumpster fire but I do agree he would be a tough sell at this point.

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9049014)
I didn't even realize it was the same guy.

Are you ****ing kidding me? 9 seasons as a head coach over 20 years w/ a 1-5 playoff record and that's the guy he's calling for while shitting on Cowher.

And why? Because he's actually won something, so clearly he can't do it anymore. Hell, Cowher's even 10 years younger than Phillips.

King's opinion re: head coaches is now officially irrelevant. What a moron.

I don't mind King and he's not the only one on the board who does this but people get obsessed with a player or coach then anyone else becomes irrelevant.

But yeah there's no way I'd take Phillips over Cowher.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9050795)
I think Bill O'Brien could be a great coach. He's done a great job at Penn State.

It's probably a little early to say but all signs at this point indicate that he could succeed at the next level.

We'll know more once Penn State concludes its season.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9050801)
I don't mind King and he's not the only one on the board who does this but people get obsessed with a player or coach then anyone else becomes irrelevant.

But yeah there's no way I'd take Phillips over Cowher.

Look, I'm not a fan of -King- and never have been. But truth be told, there are far worse choices than Wade Phillips.

BossChief 10-25-2012 11:30 PM

Bill O'brien isn't gonna go anywhere for at least a couple years.

Id bet anything on that.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050814)
Bill O'brien isn't gonna go anywhere for at least a couple years.

Id bet anything on that.

I think if he were giving the right opportunity, he'd leave in a heartbeat.

How many guys turn down the chance to be an NFL head coach?

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 11:41 PM

Looks like O'Brien has a huge buyout

http://www.sungazette.com/page/conte....html?nav=5017

BossChief 10-25-2012 11:44 PM

Bill Obrien has ingrained himself into that community and is a man of integrity IMO and he has sold almost every player in that program to stay.

He would get pegged as a villian if he decided to leave after one year and I don't think he would be interested in that.

I could be wrong, but I see him at Penn State for the next 3 years MINIMUM.

BossChief 10-25-2012 11:46 PM

What do you guys think about Shannahans kid?

He will probably get a lot of calls after this year...same goes for McCoy from Denver and Jay Gruden...I think those three have to be towards the top of the list.

Maybe even Bruce Arians...

keg in kc 10-26-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050826)

Awfully young. But he's coordinated well in multiple places. Don't think he's just skated by on dad's name.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050826)

He will probably get a lot of calls after this year...same goes for McCoy from Denver and Jay Gruden...I think those three have to be towards the top of the list.

Maybe even Bruce Arians...

If Arians continues to improve the Colts under such circumstances, he'll definitely be on several team's short list.

I'd take Brian Schottenheimer over K.S. at this point.

craneref 10-26-2012 02:53 AM

I may be over simpllfying this, but how about one that wins!

crazycoffey 10-26-2012 03:05 AM

how do we feel about john gruden? just asking, because I can't say I'd like him to run the offense with cower running the D if everyone would hate me for suggesting him....

AussieChiefsFan 10-26-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9050900)
how do we feel about john gruden? just asking, because I can't say I'd like him to run the offense with cower running the D if everyone would hate me for suggesting him....

Be tough to get both of them to come back

crazycoffey 10-26-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9050901)
Be tough to get both of them to come back

Well, I can throw shit on the wall the same as anyone else in this thread, can't I? Give them both personnel control on their side of the ball, something different that's never been done before, co-GM/HC and coordinators.

Woodchuck 10-26-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

I like Gruden. I think the offense we have right now is very similar to what he had in Tampa. He could do alot with this team imo.

Micjones 10-26-2012 07:27 AM

A fiery, meticulous coach who isn't interested in merely being friends with his players.

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Anyone but Gruden, that would be unacceptable to me... I don't think you will ever get him out of the booth now.

Woodchuck 10-26-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9051090)
A fiery, meticulous coach who isn't interested in merely being friends with his players.

I might get killed for this but, what about Tom Cable?

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9051093)

Nothing wrong with cable

CaliforniaChief 10-26-2012 07:38 AM

I know I've put other names out there, but I'm intrigued by Chip Kelly.

People who know him speak extremely high of his innovation, organization, and intelligence. Look at what he's done in Oregon...amazing.

A lot of those traits could carry over. Tampa failed to get him last year.

Micjones 10-26-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9051093)

No. Just no...

Woodchuck 10-26-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9051098)
Nothing wrong with cable

I bet Oakland would have been in a better place right now if he were still their coach. I like the guy.

Plus, if Pioli tried to tell him what to do he would kick his ass! LOL

DJ's left nut 10-26-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9049586)
So tomlin did what he did with Cowhers guys huh? Those same guys had a .500 record with cowher the year before Tomlin came.
Posted via Mobile Device

The same guys that won the Super Bowl the year prior?

The same guys that started out 2-6 when Big Ben was a turnover machine for the first half of the year (24 turnovers through 8 games) then finished out 6-2 over their final eight?

Yeah - those guys.

The 2006 team was a very good team that Ben really killed early on when he was responsible for 2 or 3 turnovers/gm. But hey, that's part of developing a young QB and that's a responsibility that Cowher took on. He also fixed it in a major way, cut the turnovers in half down the stretch and finished as strong as any team in the league.

Think Tomlinson didn't appreciate that? Think those players didn't learn from that?

That's okay though, just repeat your mantra for the world to hear:

"Wade Phillips is a better NFL Head Coach than Bill Cowher"

And the world shall reply - "You're an idiot".

DJ's left nut 10-26-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050771)

The Steelers had some serious injuries in 2006, had endured their longest season since the 80's and in all likelihood, were just plain worn out.

Not too many teams repeat these days.

And FWIW, Tomlin took over essentially the same exact team and same exact coaching staff.

So the answer to your question is yes.

Or more succinctly than my previous post - 'This'.

Just fail on fail on fail with this one.

"Wade Phillips is a better NFL Head Coach than Bill Cowher"

DJ's left nut 10-26-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050825)
Bill Obrien has ingrained himself into that community and is a man of integrity IMO and he has sold almost every player in that program to stay.

He would get pegged as a villian if he decided to leave after one year and I don't think he would be interested in that.

I could be wrong, but I see him at Penn State for the next 3 years MINIMUM.

He has to.

I honestly wouldn't want to be the team that took O'Brien away from Penn State. Not after the preaching he's done to these kids that could've walked away from their scholarships about family, team and trials. Not after he's played the only card he really has - loyalty - to keep so many of these kids in town.

No, I don't want to be the team, and I'm not sure I want the man, that leaves Penn State after 1 year. Not under these circumstances and not with how he's sold the program.

Chief Roundup 10-26-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9051102)
I know I've put other names out there, but I'm intrigued by Chip Kelly.

I am very curious about him as well. I was reading a little about him and thought this was funny.

Quote:

Kelly gained national acclaim for responding to a season ticket holder's letter demanding a refund for his expenses after traveling to see Oregon's 19–8 loss to Boise State, which ended with Ducks running back LeGarrette Blount responding to a Bronco player's taunts by punching him in the face. Kelly replied to the man with a personal check written out for his travel costs (exactly $439): in response, the fan wrote him a thank-you note enclosing the original check, which he did not cash and made copies to frame.

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9051144)
I bet Oakland would have been in a better place right now if he were still their coach. I like the guy.

Plus, if Pioli tried to tell him what to do he would kick his ass! LOL

Today we probably would have been ... But this season for us has been coming for a long time, time to pay the piper

King_Chief_Fan 10-26-2012 12:55 PM

let's try one of these:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...m6-f7w58y-CekQ

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9051220)
He has to.

I honestly wouldn't want to be the team that took O'Brien away from Penn State. Not after the preaching he's done to these kids that could've walked away from their scholarships about family, team and trials. Not after he's played the only card he really has - loyalty - to keep so many of these kids in town.

No, I don't want to be the team, and I'm not sure I want the man, that leaves Penn State after 1 year. Not under these circumstances and not with how he's sold the program.

This is most likely true.

They lost very talented players this offseason, yet, there's enough talent to go 5-2 to this point. That just proves that Paterno wasn't getting enough from his players, IMO.

In theory, with Pennsylvania's in-state talent, O'Brien could turn this team into a beast in no time, winning forever the University's undying love and launching his head coaching career into the stratosphere.

BossChief 10-26-2012 01:32 PM

Cowher hc
Norv OC
Rivera dc
Geno qb

Let's roll, baby.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9051915)
Cowher hc
Norv OC
Rivera dc
Geno qb

Let's roll, baby.

Don't know about Norval, but the rest would the whole thing.

Richard_Cuckold 10-26-2012 01:39 PM

definitely Cowher.

crazycoffey 10-26-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9051925)
Don't know about Norval, but the rest would the whole thing.

yeah, I don't want anything to do with Norv

whoman69 10-26-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9052014)
yeah, I don't want anything to do with Norv

Norv is a rent a coach. He'll be there one year until some stupid owner decides to give him top dog status again.

BossChief 10-26-2012 02:34 PM

Rivera and Turner would be here until they retire or get fired.

Teams know they aren't head coaching material, but both are great coordinators.

Titty Meat 10-26-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9051915)
Cowher hc
Norv OC
Rivera dc
Geno qb

Let's roll, baby.

That would be doable considering both could be fired but would Clark be willing to pay 15 million a year for that coaching staff?

DTLB58 10-26-2012 03:02 PM

Winner.

Sorter 10-26-2012 03:22 PM

Replace Cowher with Chip Kelly and I like it. Kelly's hurry up meshed with Norv's vertical philosophies would be interesting IMO.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9052096)
Rivera and Turner would be here until they retire or get fired.

Teams know they aren't head coaching material, but both are great coordinators.

Norv's a Coryell guy, not an Erhardt/Perkins guy like Cowher.

I'm not sure why Rivera gets so much love but I don't think he's anything special as a DC. He was fine as a linebackers coach but you're seeing why Chicago let him go and didn't hire him as head coach.

There is a ton of talent in Carolina and they suck.

BossChief 10-26-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9052192)
Norv's a Coryell guy, not an Erhardt/Perkins guy like Cowher.

I'm not sure why Rivera gets so much love but I don't think he's anything special as a DC. He was fine as a linebackers coach but you're seeing why Chicago let him go and didn't hire him as head coach.

There is a ton of talent in Carolina and they suck.

Rivera got the Caroline job via Peter principle and I'm not sure Cowher is married to anything but winning.

That would be a coaching staff and core that I'd be ****ing thrilled with. Very excited.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9052222)
Rivera got the Caroline job via Peter principle and I'm not sure Cowher is married to anything but winning.

That would be a coaching staff and core that I'd be ****ing thrilled with. Very excited.

That's cool, I just have a different outlook.

My biggest fear with Cowher is the QB position. He felt he could win with stiffs like O'Donnell, Graham, Tomczak, Stewart and Maddox and he recently said on CBS that he'd back Cassel.

That's not a guy that I want coaching a football team in 2013, especially when coupled with his 7+ year sabbatical from coaching.

I'd rather see Arians or Chip Kelly or Jay Gruden before Cowher. At this point in time, Ray Horton and Gus Bradley deserve interviews as well.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9052222)

Well, the other thing you have to keep in mind is this: Who are Cowher's coaching buddies and where are they in the league right now?

Gailey and Whisenhunt are head coaches. Arians is an acting head coach and will probably end up as a head coach somewhere in 2013. LeBeau isn't leaving Pittsburgh and Dom Capers isn't leaving Green Bay.

Cowher may find that putting together a fresh coaching staff would be a bigger challenge than coming back to the game itself.

HoneyBadger 10-26-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9052251)

My biggest fear with Cowher is the QB position. He felt he could win with stiffs like O'Donnell, Graham, Tomczak, Stewart and Maddox and he recently said on CBS that he'd back Cassel.

That's not a guy that I want coaching a football team in 2013, especially when coupled with his 7+ year sabbatical from coaching.

I'd rather see Arians or Chip Kelly or Jay Gruden before Cowher. At this point in time, Ray Horton and Gus Bradley deserve interviews as well.

I usually hate what you have to say, but have to agree with you this time.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9052275)
I usually hate what you have to say, but have to agree with you this time.

Well, I'm honored.

Halfcan 10-26-2012 04:37 PM

Really people are STILL talking about Cowher-LOL

put down the pipe he will Never be our coach-period.

Romeo wil be here next year-so we might as well get used to it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9052383)
Really people are STILL talking about Cowher-LOL

put down the pipe he will Never be our coach-period.

Romeo wil be here next year-so we might as well get used to it.

I can get used to hating on this franchise. I've become quite adept at it.

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9052391)
I can get used to hating on this franchise. I've become quite adept at it.

You need to GTFO and find a new team

BossChief 10-26-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9052251)

That's the thing that makes me think Cowher would be good. He DID win with some crappy qbs and once he got a good one, he won championships right away.

All he said about Cassel was that he wouldn't bench him (when asked before the 4th game) and that could just mean he didnt like the alternatives.

It's not like the guy would tell a GM to pass on Wilson, Smith or another franchise qb option in the draft...part of his job would be developing the kid we draft.

That said, I'm open to 5 or 6 other choices, too.

Shannahan jr
Gruden
Arians
Scottenheimer
And a couple others that slip my mind.

Easy 6 10-26-2012 04:42 PM

Norv wouldnt mesh philosophically with the current regime, but if he did i'd be fine with him at OC, he knows how to use talented backs and isnt shy about chucking it.

Lots of very talented OC's cant hack it at HC.

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9052396)
That's the thing that makes me think Cowher would be good. He DID win with some crappy qbs and once he got a good one, he won championships right away.

All he said about Cassel was that he wouldn't bench him (when asked before the 4th game) and that could just mean he didnt like the alternatives.

It's not like the guy would tell a GM to pass on Wilson, Smith or another franchise qb option in the draft...part of his job would be developing the kid we draft.

That said, I'm open to 5 or 6 other choices, too.

Shannahan jr
Gruden
Arians
Scottenheimer
And a couple others that slip my mind.

Think shanahan is too young. Arians strikes me as a pure offensive guru, not a head coach... And I think he's a smidge overrated. Schottenheimer... No.

I still think you are really overplaying the importance of hiring an offensive guru. To me, the only short list is gruden, Bradley, and Horton. Cowher maybe, but I don't care for him as much as I do those other guys.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9052498)
Think shanahan is too young. Arians strikes me as a pure offensive guru, not a head coach... And I think he's a smidge overrated. Schottenheimer... No.

I still think you are really overplaying the importance of hiring an offensive guru. To me, the only short list is gruden, Bradley, and Horton. Cowher maybe, but I don't care for him as much as I do those other guys.

I think Gruden secretly loves KC. That's just the vibe I get from him.

I am highly intrigued with this Gus fellow though...

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9052397)
Norv wouldnt mesh philosophically with the current regime, but if he did i'd be fine with him at OC, he knows how to use talented backs and isnt shy about chucking it.

Lots of very talented OC's cant hack it at HC.

You hire Bradley, and stick norv at offensive coordinator. And holy shit, this is one hell of a football team. The other oc that intrigues me is John Morton in San Fran. Comes from several great trees and has been a passing coordinator, so you know he's a guy that will want to air it out.

Here's another underrated oc option. Pat shurmur. He may be fired in Cleveland. This guy knows qbs and he's worked with lots of young qbs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9052511)
You hire Bradley, and stick norv at offensive coordinator. And holy shit, this is one hell of a football team. The other oc that intrigues me is John Morton in San Fran. Comes from several great trees and has been a passing coordinator, so you know he's a guy that will want to air it out.

Here's another underrated oc option. Pat shurmur. He may be fired in Cleveland. This guy knows qbs and he's worked with lots of young qbs.

Why are some people loving on Norval? No thanks.

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9052525)
Why are some people loving on Norval? No thanks.

As an oc. One thing he does know is qbs.

Thing about having a defensive head coach is I think there is much more comfort in handing the keys of an offense to an oc who can run his own show. Norv can do that. But there are plenty of other oc's we can look into.

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9052504)
I think Gruden secretly loves KC. That's just the vibe I get from him.

I am highly intrigued with this Gus fellow though...

Actually... Talking about jay gruden. I don't see how jon gruden comes back given his cooshy deal right now.

RunKC 10-26-2012 05:25 PM

Mike McCoy. He's a guy this team will play hard for AND respect. He'll have them working, plus it would be ****ing awesome to steal him from Donkeyland and have success.

I think we should have an offensive coach because offense is taking over, and more importantly, we need an offensive coach to help our 1st round QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9052534)
As an oc. One thing he does know is qbs.

Thing about having a defensive head coach is I think there is much more comfort in handing the keys of an offense to an oc who can run his own show. Norv can do that. But there are plenty of other oc's we can look into.

Solid. I do think the Chiefs, especially at home, operate better under a HC from the defensive school. But then again, I'm biased, defense-loving kind of guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9052539)
Actually... Talking about jay gruden. I don't see how jon gruden comes back given his cooshy deal right now.

Gotcha.LMAO

bevischief 10-26-2012 05:31 PM

Someone who can bring a winning atmosphere, make Arrowhead a place to be feared to play in again and Superbowls.

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9052541)
Mike McCoy. He's a guy this team will play hard for AND respect. He'll have them working, plus it would be ****ing awesome to steal him from Donkeyland and have success.

I think we should have an offensive coach because offense is taking over, and more importantly, we need an offensive coach to help our 1st round QB.

I don't get that. Why wouldn't we get that by hiring a defensive head coach with a very polished offensive coordinator? And a very good qbs coach? More often than not, it seems like offensive coaches want to call plays and often hire weaker offensive coordinators. I'd rather a strong offensive coordinator who devotes 100% of his time to his offense than a strong head coach who can only commit some of his time to the offense.

Schottenheimer and John harbaugh both hired cam Cameron to coach up Brees, rivers and flacco. Leslie Frazier hired a qbs coach in mums grave to tutor Christian ponder. Chuck pagano hired Arians to tutor luck. I don't know why people think we can't be innovative on offense with a defensive head coach.

bevischief 10-26-2012 05:39 PM

Someone with a f*****g clue.

Easy 6 10-26-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9052511)

Norv goes pretty much completely against something i said in another thread about "getting" the need or desire for someone fresh & innovative, but he is the kind of experienced hand who can be totally capable, championship capable, in the OC role.

I'm not advocating, but a team could definitely do worse at OC *ahem* Brian Dumboll, come to the principals office.

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9052563)
Someone who can bring a winning atmosphere, make Arrowhead a place to be feared to play in again and Superbowls.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

bevischief 10-26-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9052620)
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

That's what I want I have no idea who that is at this point. The clown who started this thread asked and I responded. Do I expect to see it I doubt it but I can have hope like winning Powerball some day...

Darckhorse0 10-26-2012 06:06 PM

Give me an offensive coordinator like MIKE MARTZ or a fresh new comer like BRIAN SCHOTTENHIEMER. We can run the ball WE NEED TO THROW first. If the chiefs run and throw, we'd be big trouble to opposinh teams! Let romeo stay and run the defense, all we need is a good O coordinator.

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9052668)
That's what I want I have no idea who that is at this point. The clown who started this thread asked and I responded. Do I expect to see it I doubt it but I can have hope like winning Powerball some day...

You are an alright dude, I am just funnin with ya a little and being an annoying troll .

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9052541)

You're smoking crack

Pasta Little Brioni 10-26-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9052620)
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

You're team hired the coordinator of a below average Denver defense ROFL

SAUTO 10-26-2012 06:26 PM

Its going to be McDaniel's. If we keep Bowe and Albert, draft a qb. we could be GREAT offensively. need a defensive coordinator that's young and aggressive, if that was to happen too.
I've been totally against him before but the more I think about it the more I think he might end up being ok if he can get his ego in check.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9052598)
Norv goes pretty much completely against something i said in another thread about "getting" the need or desire for someone fresh & innovative, but he is the kind of experienced hand who can be totally capable, championship capable, in the OC role.

I'm not advocating, but a team could definitely do worse at OC *ahem* Brian Dumboll, come to the principals office.

It depends on what your definition of 'innovative' is. I think Norv has led exciting offenses over the years. Is it unconventional? No. Is it effective. It definitely is. I don't think Mike McCarthy or Joe Philbin were exciting. But they ran one hell of an offense.

San Diego's offense has been a consistently high flying offense held back by a head coach who has no idea how to inspire the players in it.

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9052734)
You're team hired the coordinator of a below average Denver defense ROFL

I like him... He will do good.. Give him a draft or 2