ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Fox Sports Poll: Who Should the Chiefs Draft at No. 1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267890)

007 12-22-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9229699)
Who the **** cares if Luke Joeckel is a technician or a mauler? He could literally be a time-warped resurgence of Willie Roaf, and I wouldn't draft him over Geno Smith.

Let's say it's below freezing outside and you have the chance to buy a coat. You don't spend your last dollar on a briefcase instead, no matter how good of a deal it is. You buy the ****ing coat.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

saphojunkie 12-22-2012 01:35 AM

What's truly bullshit is that the chiefs SHOULD be picking Te'o this year, even number one. But that's because they SHOULD have:

Drafted Russel Wilson.
Drafted another QB for competition.
Resigned Bowe.
Resigned Albert.
Resigned Carr.
Traded up for Mark Barron

Then...yeah. Go get your kick ass ILB.

New World Order 12-22-2012 02:19 AM

Not really sure what the fuss is about, everyone knows we need atleast 3 franchise Left Tackles to be a contender.

AussieChiefsFan 12-22-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9231288)
Not really sure what the fuss is about, everyone knows we need atleast 3 franchise Left Tackles to be a contender.

and 7 D-Linemen that don't do anything.

BryanBusby 12-22-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9231243)
I want Geno Smith as much as anyone, but Te'o is not going to struggle doing anything at the next level. The reason to not draft Te'o isn't because he won't be the next truly great MLB - he will be. The reason is that we don't need the next great anything except QB.

Te'o isn't elite and he'd struggle to play Belchers role (ignoring the terrible value thing).

I'm not saying he's bad, but he doesn't fill a need for us.

Rugby Thompson 12-22-2012 02:51 AM

I feel like there's going to be serious dissapointment and change come the off season.

AussieChiefsFan 12-22-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9231304)
I feel like there's going to be serious dissapointment and change come the off season.

In the form of drafting teo?

Ugly Duck 12-22-2012 03:55 AM

90% of drafturbators say KC goes Geno... but there is a general theme to recent mocks by the few no-names who don't agree, and that is the idea that Geno Smith is just not worth the #1 pick:

12/13 Draftdebacled.com
1. Chiefs: Luke Joeckel OT - I am totally scrapping the Chiefs reaching for a quarterback here. None of the QBs in this draft are worth it. But, the Chiefs will take a QB in either the second or third round and they will need someone to protect him. Joeckel will be able to do that. He is probably the best option for this Chiefs team.

12/10 Fansided.com
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel – OT/Texas A&M - Everyone is picking the Chiefs to go quarterback with this pick, but right now both signal callers could be argued as reaches at No. 1. If the Chiefs are serious about rebuilding, history has proven that starts with protection, and while everyone is predicting the Chiefs go ‘franchise quarterback’, they also need a ‘franchise tackle’.

12/4 DetroitLionsDraft.com
1. Kansas City Chiefs, Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M. - In years where there is no quarterback that screams “take me!” at the top, teams typically do one of two things. Some go for the top defensive talent (Mario Williams, Courtney Brown), while others go for the best offensive line player (Jake Long, Orlando Pace). Without knowing who will be the GM or the coach, the safer pick is the top offensive tackle.

12/21 Nexteranfl:
1. Kansas City Chiefs : Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame - The Chiefs obviously need a QB, but do they spend the 1st overall pick on one? Geno Smith is the only one really in the discussion at this point, but selecting him would be a significant risk. Smith is a poor man’s RG3 that has more bust potential than RG3 ever did. If I was in KC’s shoes I would look to take a QB at the top of the 2nd round, where there could be some very nice value options including Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson.

12/21 Fanspeak.com:
1. Kansas City: DT Star Lotulelei, Utah - The Chiefs should just take the best player available and that is Lotulelei. They can worry about adding a quarterback in the 2nd round and through free agency.

OT: What is this woman saying?
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/195380-1/Bikini-Bounce.gif

007 12-22-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

12/4 DetroitLionsDraft.com
1. Kansas City Chiefs, Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M. - In years where there is no quarterback that screams “take me!” at the top, teams typically do one of two things. Some go for the top defensive talent (Mario Williams, Courtney Brown), while others go for the best offensive line player (Jake Long, Orlando Pace). Without knowing who will be the GM or the coach, the safer pick is the top offensive tackle.
Does this idiot think we won't have a GM and coach by draft day? JFC what a moron.

saphojunkie 12-22-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9231300)
Te'o isn't elite and he'd struggle to play Belchers role (ignoring the terrible value thing).

I'm not saying he's bad, but he doesn't fill a need for us.

This is just wrong. In every facet.

People, you need to be able to say a player is elite AND we are passing on him. Seriously. That's the Chiefs' problem. They are incapable of saying "we have this guy rated higher, but we have a clear need and are addressing it."

Te'o is without question the more sure-fire prospect compared to Geno Smith. Of course he is. It's much easier to project a MLB vs. a quarterback, especially a high-character, intelligent, four-year starter on the #1 team. There's a reason QBs bust at such a high rate - because it's harder to tell who will actually pan out. The reason you draft a MLB high is not because he is going to become a superstar, but because it's less likely he'll become a bum. Te'o is going to be a great pick for whoever takes him. As close to a guaranteed "hit" on your first rounder as possible. No reason to not take him.

UNLESS YOU NEED A QUARTERBACK.

Repeat after me:

YES, TE'O IS AWESOME.
NO, WE DON'T DRAFT TE'O.
WE WILL PASS UP MANY PROBOWLERS WHEN WE DRAFT GENO SMITH. THAT IS NOT A REASON TO PASS ON GENO SMITH.

007 12-22-2012 04:31 AM

YES, TE'O IS AWESOME.
NO, WE DON'T DRAFT TE'O.
WE WILL PASS UP MANY PROBOWLERS WHEN WE DRAFT GENO SMITH. THAT IS NOT A REASON TO PASS ON GENO SMITH.

AussieChiefsFan 12-22-2012 04:34 AM

^

NJChiefsFan 12-22-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9231314)
Does this idiot think we won't have a GM and coach by draft day? JFC what a moron.

I think he meant from his perspective since he doesn't know who our GM will be that its the safer pick.

007 12-22-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9231327)
I think he meant from his perspective since he doesn't know who our GM will be that its the safer pick.

I have no doubt that is what he means. Doesn't make it any less of a moronic statement.

NJChiefsFan 12-22-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9231328)
I have no doubt that is what he means. Doesn't make it any less of a moronic statement.

No, it certainly doesn't. It's comforting to know that there are idiots outside of the Chiefs fan base as well. In fact, there are plenty of them. Actually that doesn't help at all.

007 12-22-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9231331)
No, it certainly doesn't. It's comforting to know that there are idiots outside of the Chiefs fan base as well. In fact, there are plenty of them. Actually that doesn't help at all.

so damn true. :banghead:

kcxiv 12-22-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9231323)
YES, TE'O IS AWESOME.
NO, WE DON'T DRAFT TE'O.

my problem with TE'O is he will hardly play. If we play a high powered offensive team that runs alot of 4 wide sets, DJ is going to be that linebacker. TEO will be cheering from the sideline because there isnt a spot in the dime package for him.

you do NOT pick him at 1. Ill be ****ing pissed.

BryanBusby 12-22-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9231322)
The reason you draft a MLB high is not because he is going to become a superstar, but because it's less likely he'll become a bum.

You draft a MLB high because you need a MLB. What the **** is this shit?

Are you an agent for Te'o or Scott Polio? You don't draft scared.

It's like I took a ****ing time warp back to 2009 and we are now deciding to call Aaron Curry by a different name.

milkman 12-22-2012 09:09 AM

The Miami Dolphins have been the cream of the crap since they passed on Matt Ryan to draft Jake Long #1 overall.

milkman 12-22-2012 09:13 AM

In the NFC Championship game last year, the team with arguably the best ILB in the league, and the best LB corps overall, lost to a team with a franchise QB.

You can argue that Kyle Williams lost that game, but I would argue that if Alex Smith had converted just a couple of third down plays, Kyle Williams would never have been in that situation.

Alex Smith converts just a couple of third downs here and there, the 9ers would have been in position to score a couple extra points, and that second fumbled punt would never have taken place.

crossbow 12-22-2012 09:48 AM

We have an LT. Need quarterback.

http://youtu.be/1bKooUgk6N8

Molitoth 12-22-2012 11:17 AM

OT: What is this woman saying?
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/195380-1/Bikini-Bounce.gif[/QUOTE]

Waters warm...

NJChiefsFan 12-22-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9231445)
In the NFC Championship game last year, the team with arguably the best ILB in the league, and the best LB corps overall, lost to a team with a franchise QB.

You can argue that Kyle Williams lost that game, but I would argue that if Alex Smith had converted just a couple of third down plays, Kyle Williams would never have been in that situation.

Alex Smith converts just a couple of third downs here and there, the 9ers would have been in position to score a couple extra points, and that second fumbled punt would never have taken place.

This got lost in the madness that was Kyle Williams two **** ups. Part of the reason franchise QB's survive and make it to the SB is because they are able to overcome, or in this case, avoid situations where players on their team make mistakes. The 9ers would have already won the game if Smith had stepped up.

whoman69 12-22-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9231628)

Waters warm...[/QUOTE]

Uhm, nobody cares what she's saying.

Rausch 12-22-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9231486)
We have an LT. Need quarterback.

http://youtu.be/1bKooUgk6N8

Uh, this.

Few people like Winston or his pass blocking but I wouldn't even list T as a top 5 need. And while Albert isn't a top 5 guy he's surely no weakness that needs to be replaced either.

Why the **** would anyone think we'd go LT?...

NJChiefsFan 12-22-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9231994)
Uh, this.

Few people like Winston or his pass blocking but I wouldn't even list T as a top 5 need. And while Albert isn't a top 5 guy he's surely no weakness that needs to be replaced either.

Cause it's the smart thing to do. QB's are scary. Imagine what happens if we are wrong?!!! It could set us back two years or so. Can't have that. Much better to get a LT, draft a retread, and hope that over the next 6 years we have a perfect season and hope it gets us a playoff win or two. Better off risking the next few years trying to be the first team to win a SB in this era without a franchise QB then it would be to try to get a franchise QB.

It's like this fan base has no clue

1. what the NFL is today
2. how badly we have failed in the past when getting retread QBs

Hammock Parties 12-22-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9231994)
Uh, this.

Winston's pass blocking is fine and Albert was a top 5 pass blocker this year.

They're better than anyone knows...we're lucky to have one of the better pass blocking tandems in the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2012 04:14 PM

It's time to Warsaw Ghetto these ****ing Tard Fans.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

12/21 Nexteranfl:
1. Kansas City Chiefs : Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame - The Chiefs obviously need a QB, but do they spend the 1st overall pick on one? Geno Smith is the only one really in the discussion at this point, but selecting him would be a significant risk. Smith is a poor man’s RG3 that has more bust potential than RG3 ever did. If I was in KC’s shoes I would look to take a QB at the top of the 2nd round, where there could be some very nice value options including Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you; the dumbest thing ever written.

Papers, pleeease....

(****)

AussieChiefsFan 12-22-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9232361)
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you; the dumbest thing ever written.

Papers, pleeease....http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/fo...ers_Please.JPG

:banghead::banghead:

J Diddy 12-22-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9231445)

Alex Smith is an example of what we should be afraid of. First overall pick and then nothing.

Sorter 12-22-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231198)
Sanchez could fail out of the league after this season, and I would still maintain that without the benefit of hindsight, he was the right decision for the Chiefs at 3. The Cassel trade should never have been made, and Pioli shouldn't have tried to outsmart everyone.

If Pioli really hated Sanchez that ****ing much, he should have eaten the poor trade down offer (whatever it was he received from teams) and then taken a guy he wanted. Tyson Jackson would still have been there; the only team that really wanted him besides us was Green Bay drafting at 10 overall.

Denver wanted him too IIRC.

kcfanXIII 12-22-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9232431)
Alex Smith is an example of what we should be afraid of. First overall pick and then nothing.

try to follow....

9ers defense was top in the league last year, with arguably the best lb in the game right now. then they lost to a team with a franchise qb. qb>lb

Sorter 12-22-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9232603)
try to follow....

9ers defense was top in the league last year, with arguably the best lb in the game right now. then they lost to a team with a franchise qb. qb>lb

****, the drop off from Willis to Bowman isn't even large. They have two studs at ILB and while that was great, it still doesn't overshadow the gap at QB.

kcfanXIII 12-22-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9232718)
****, the drop off from Willis to Bowman isn't even large. They have two studs at ILB and while that was great, it still doesn't overshadow the gap at QB.

It is so ****ing obvious. if you don't see it, there's just no hope for you.

Sorter 12-22-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9232759)
It is so ****ing obvious. if you don't see it, there's just no hope for you.

Maybe after being thoroughly beaten with reeds but I'm still not sure.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xb1v4iYY5ViyWw

milkman 12-22-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9232431)

Sweeping aside the fact that you overlooked entirely the point of my post, let's look at what you posted.

Any one making the selection at #1 overall has to be wary of a bust, or a disappointment.

But they can not be afraid to pull the trigger.

They must do their due diligence,

Study film and reports, find out as much they can about character and demeanor in the months leading up to the draft, then pull the trigger if everything adds up.

Ugly Duck 12-22-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9231628)

Waters warm...[/QUOTE]

How disappointing.... I'd imagined it musta been something more provocative. Oh well....