ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Should I confront my fiance over text messages I found? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267988)

threebag 12-24-2012 09:39 AM

If you were looking you weren't looking for that. She has been ****ing the mailman every afternoon. She let him marinate your meat so later when dinners on you got something tender to eat. DO NOT...DO NOT I repeat give yourself up. She will crush you like someone's balls against her taint. GET THE **** OUT. but prolong it and make the whore suffer.

FAX 12-24-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9238323)
You are both ****ed up, and I give your potential marriage about a 5% chance of succeeding. If you're engaged, and you're just now seeing "A side of her you've never seen", then that should be a huge red flag. Your insecurity and need to check her messages is a clear sign that you are in no way ready for marriage at this time. And her "Other side" indicates that she's not being open with you about much of what she feels. This is just all ****ed up from every approach. Neither of you sound like you should be considering marriage. No offense of course. Merry Christmas.

ROFL

Still, the Yep Elf just jammed his teeny, tiny little elf penis in a domesticated, North Pole Yep on this deal.

FAX

Lonewolf Ed 12-24-2012 09:46 AM

If you wait until after Christmas, you could lead in to the confrontation by asking your fiance to cook what your mom did and see how she reacts to that. Chicks are devious and sneaky, but that just might catch her off guard.

Steron 12-24-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9238079)
Oh, hell yes! Do this now. Don't ****ing wait until you're married. Will she be pissed? Of course. And when she throws that shit in your face, make sure you let her know that you'll be happy to address her concerns right after she addresses yours. I would also drop her off at her parents house, and go over to yours on your own. What I wouldn't do is tell your family about it if you still plan on marrying her.

No, I wouldn't just eat that. I love my family, and they are awesome to my wife. Always have been. If I'd heard some shit like that before we got married, I'm not sure we'd be married now. You're not in the wrong, dude.

All of this.

keg in kc 12-24-2012 09:51 AM

I'm shocked at the level of misogyny in this thread. Shocked I tell you.

threebag 12-24-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 9238337)
If you wait until after Christmas, you could lead in to the confrontation by asking your fiance to cook what your mom did and see how she reacts to that. Chicks are devious and sneaky, but that just might catch her off guard.

I call Bullshit. Bitches have played this game for thousands of years. Men are hunters and gatherers. Women like to sit at home make shit up and think. They don't even like to do what they were created for, cook and clean. You lose this any way you play it. The best out is on the paved road I have laid in front of you.

threebag 12-24-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9238348)
I'm shocked at the level of misogyny in this thread. Shocked I tell you.

Reality

BryanBusby 12-24-2012 09:55 AM

You confront her by ****ing her sister duh.

donkhater 12-24-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9237976)
Do two things:
1. Say nothing.
2. Stop reading her text messages.

I'm not going to be condescending about you having done that. I've done both and I can tell you that confronting her will not end well. I also think it's ultimately unnecessary to continuing an otherwise happy relationship. We'd ALL be mortified by our partners' most private thoughts. Which is precisely why we shouldn't have access to them. So long as she's kind to your family, does it matter that she isn't fond of your mom's cooking? I mean, most people put on airs to go along with less than pleasant interactions with family.

She'll never get past you invading her privacy in the first place. You'll be angry that she won't set her feelings aside to address yours. The two of you will talk AT each other and your relationship may pay the ultimate price.

LET. IT. GO.

This x billion

I've been married 20 years. My wife's family are some of the dumbest rednecks to ever walk the earth. They keep doing the same stupid shit over and over again and blaming other people.

But I shut up about it. Why? Because I married my wife not them. When their issues impact our relationship, then I confront, but not until then.

If the situation was reversed, I'd know my wife would feel the same way. I'm sure there is crap about my family she doesn't like, but doesn't tell me. I don't care, because she married ME.

jspchief 12-24-2012 09:57 AM

It's inconceivable that your family isn't a prize.

soopamanluva 12-24-2012 09:57 AM

What exactly did she say? The amount of vitriol she was spewing toward your family makes a difference.

People are jumping on you for snooping...but remember this chick is lying to your face.....EVERYDAY. and shes seems fairly good at it.

If shes calling them all out of their name, address it. If she doesn't like your fam, fine. But she needs to be upfront with YOU about that. Her bsing you like this should make you question everything shes said or done. If she cant be honest with you about this...screw her.
I cannot STAND my wifes family but its no secret to her. I let her know how I feel, but I put on the best face I can when im around them. But I wouldn't cry if the jumped off a cliff. Her not liking them isnt a problem to me, its her not being upfront with you about it that would alarm me.

threebag 12-24-2012 10:00 AM

Women have time refine their craft thus they are experts at ****ed up shit.

GloryDayz 12-24-2012 10:02 AM

Go to her house and eat small dabs of her mother's cooking, and make a face at her like you have a chicken bone stuck sideways in your throat. Comment on how dry the turkey was or how poorly the steak was done. Then proceed to "text" at the table (when you're actually posting on CP!) No way she'll snoop and see what you're doing, right? Then offer to buy wings for everybody at the local sports bar.

Yep, that'll set you free...

jspchief 12-24-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 9238366)
People are jumping on you for snooping...but remember this chick is lying to your face.....EVERYDAY. and shes seems fairly good at it.

Everyday? That kind of assumes that interactions with his family are everyday occurrences.

And while it's technically lying, it's also good manners for her to not pile on his family to his face. Maybe she's decided that her love for him outweighs her feelings for his family. Maybe venting to a trusted confidant allows her to blow off the steam she needs to spend the holidays with people she doesn't like, but has clearly been polite to.

How many people actually truly like 100% of their in laws? I guess if interaction with his family is a common thing, then this has the potential to be a big problem. But if it means her putting on a false front only a few times a year, what difference does it make that she doesn't like them (or despises them)?

ChiliConCarnage 12-24-2012 10:18 AM

If she was truly wrecking your family then you absolutely have to bring it up. It's going to come out eventually anyway. I don't think I could go to Xmas dinner and have my mom bring out a batch of something and mention it might not be her best and realize my fiancee/wife is texting her family crushing my Mom.

The snooping is what it is.. curiosity kills the cat sometimes.

Phobia 12-24-2012 10:19 AM

Run down to the dollar store and buy her a new Christmas gift. Take back the first gift. Exchange presents and then kick her to the curb for no reason. Take her back in late february. Rinse and repeat for as many years as she will allow it.

burt 12-24-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9238396)
.. curiosity kills the cat sometimes.

That's right...the pussy has been ruined!!ROFL

soopamanluva 12-24-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238380)
Everyday? That kind of assumes that interactions with his family are everyday occurrences.

And while it's technically lying, it's also good manners for her to not pile on his family to his face. Maybe she's decided that her love for him outweighs her feelings for his family. Maybe venting to a trusted confidant allows her to blow off the steam she needs to spend the holidays with people she doesn't like, but has clearly been polite to.

How many people actually truly like 100% of their in laws? I guess if interaction with his family is a common thing, then this has the potential to be a big problem. But if it means her putting on a false front only a few times a year, what difference does it make that she doesn't like them (or despises them)?

I dont see it that way. Everyday she isnt honest with her feelings, shes lying to him. Then what about when kids come? Is she gonna flip a bitch when its time for his family to watch them because she doesnt trust or like them? So many issues can arise from that

And please believe if it was reversed, she'd have no problem calling him out.

And he's a grown man, let him be in charge of whether his feelings are hurt because she doesnt like his fam. She owes it to him to tell him.
And if shes not honest about this, what else is she not honest about?

Fat Elvis 12-24-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9237898)
You seem blindsided by this, so she's obviously very good at putting up a false front being a woman. Which means she's a skilled liar woman. If she's lying being a woman about this, what else is she lying being a woman about?

One word of advice, though. Confront her AFTER Christmas Grow a pair of balls; it isn't a big deal. You were the pussy checking her emails because of your security issues. Don't **** up the holiday for your family fiance. Take the high road. for another couple of days.

FYP. You're all a bunch of insecure pillowbiters. She doesn't like your Mom's cooking? Boo-frigging-hoo. And guess what? Your sister's kid is probably really annoying.

Be glad that she is civil with your family. At least she makes an effort to do that. And guess what...she probably does that because she loves you.

If I were her, I would dump your sorry ass in a heartbeat if I found our your were reading my private text messages without my permission.

You're the one with the problem. Not her.

Omaha 12-24-2012 10:25 AM

This is probably not the answer you want, but I'd hold out for a chick who doesn't inspire you to read her text messages. Just the fact that you felt the need to do that is a red flag to me. The fact that you found something tells me you probably had reason to do it whether you realized it or not. Good luck. I know it's a tough call.

Fat Elvis 12-24-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9237926)
She needs to run as far from you as she can get, as fast as she can get there. You're never going to be worth the maintenance no matter how much dick or wallet you think you're slinging.

Hell, yes. Confront her. Give her a fighting chance to save herself before it's too late.

This.

ROYC75 12-24-2012 10:30 AM

If you love her and feel there is nothing going on with another man .... This

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9237976)
Do two things:
1. Say nothing.
2. Stop reading her text messages.

I'm not going to be condescending about you having done that. I've done both and I can tell you that confronting her will not end well. I also think it's ultimately unnecessary to continuing an otherwise happy relationship. We'd ALL be mortified by our partners' most private thoughts. Which is precisely why we shouldn't have access to them. So long as she's kind to your family, does it matter that she isn't fond of your mom's cooking? I mean, most people put on airs to go along with less than pleasant interactions with family.

She'll never get past you invading her privacy in the first place. You'll be angry that she won't set her feelings aside to address yours. The two of you will talk AT each other and your relationship may pay the ultimate price.

LET. IT. GO.

Either you do this and work yourself through this .........

or you confront her and leave your relationship with a 90% chance of crashing. When you confront trust issues, they generally turn bad now and stay this way. Very few couples ever make it when this happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jspchief 12-24-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 9238402)

I didn't realize you knew her. I'll defer to your expertise.

Omaha 12-24-2012 10:31 AM

I didn't read the whole thread. Did anyone suggest PIIHB yet?

DaKCMan AP 12-24-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9238417)
I didn't read the whole thread. Did anyone suggest PIIHB yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9238112)
Bang her - then confront her.

If she's not insane she won't put up with your invasion of privacy, but it's a conversation you need to have nonetheless.

Close.

Fat Elvis 12-24-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9238074)
Wow.

I don't know what to say ... and that is pretty unusual for me ... so I'll say this.

I can't fathom a good reason to maintain a relationship with someone who is not truthful. I can see why some guys might marry some deceitful hag, of course ... they want companionship of any sort, someone to make their sammiches, and it may make getting laid a little more convenient sometimes (all completely stupid reasons to get married, by the way).

But, to be perfectly frank, there have been times when I would have preferred the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX had lied to me. Since I've known her, she never has and I would have found out by now, for certain. And, if she ever did, as much as it would hurt, that would be the last conversation we ever shared and the last she saw of me would be through my car exhaust. First off, it would break our solemn and mutual promise to each other and secondly, I couldn't live with somebody who thought it was acceptable to lie to me about ... well ... about anything, really. I mean, what's the point?

How could you stand to be around that person? Let alone hold affection for them?

I feel for you guys if that's what you have come to believe ... that all women lie and none can be completely open and honest. Whether it's true or not in your experience, that has to be a damn difficult way to co-exist with a person.

FAX

Exactly

Imon Yourside 12-24-2012 10:52 AM

Your wife should be your best friend, you obviously had good reason not to trust her. I would confront her pronto and not let it slide. Keeping this stuff inside is what creates roadblocks in your relationship, it will sink or swim accordingly.

GloryDayz 12-24-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9238414)
Either you do this and work yourself through this .........

or you confront her and leave your relationship with a 90% chance of crashing. When you confront trust issues, they generally turn bad now and stay this way. Very few couples ever make it when this happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a bold statement...

boogblaster 12-24-2012 10:59 AM

its a classic .. do what ya want but id tell her i know you dont like my family .. so what they prolly dont like you .....

Mr. Laz 12-24-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9237879)
If you confront her, just realize the relationship might never be the same. She will pull the trust card on you for checking her texts. If you can outweigh the pros over the cons between you two, I would just move on from it.

The relationship is already not going to be the same.

once seen things can't be unseen

he's just seen that his woman can be a fake bitch.

Now i would suggest that a large percentage of all women are like this but they can't ever let you see or it just changes things.

I'm not sure that the relationship isn't already over

jd1020 12-24-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9238459)
Your wife should be your best friend, you obviously had good reason not to trust her. I would confront her pronto and not let it slide. Keeping this stuff inside is what creates roadblocks in your relationship, it will sink or swim accordingly.

I'd like to know what this reason was.

In the OP he says he's paranoid from past relationships...

Is that a good reason?

jd1020 12-24-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9238483)
The relationship is already not going to be the same.

once seen things can't be unseen

he's just seen that his woman can be a fake bitch.

Now i would suggest that a large percentage of all women are like this but they can't even let you see or it just changes things.

I'm not sure that the relationship isn't already over

I'm sure if you were around in-laws you didn't like you would barge in saying, "I ****ing hate you lazy, annoying, terrible cooking, white trash red necks!".... because you aren't "fake."

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9238405)
FYP. You're all a bunch of insecure pillowbiters. She doesn't like your Mom's cooking? Boo-frigging-hoo. And guess what? Your sister's kid is probably really annoying.

Be glad that she is civil with your family. At least she makes an effort to do that. And guess what...she probably does that because she loves you.

If I were her, I would dump your sorry ass in a heartbeat if I found our your were reading my private text messages without my permission.

Interesting fix of his posts......I found yours odd.

Trust me....the guy probably already knows the issues his family has, and to some extent might even agree with most of it. But for her to be deceitful about it portends a bigger issue, and one that will rear it's ugly head somewhere later. You can candy-coat it all you want but if she is lying about how she feels about the family, then she is probably lying about other things too.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 11:13 AM

never shoulda read those f****** messages

Saul Good 12-24-2012 11:14 AM

So much bad advice in this thread...

Fat Elvis 12-24-2012 11:16 AM

It would be really interesting to find out how many divorcees are telling him that he can't trust her when he was the one who was snooping.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238489)
I'm sure if you were around in-laws you didn't like you would barge in saying, "I ****ing hate you lazy, annoying, terrible cooking, white trash red necks!".... because you aren't "fake."

You'd be surprised the number of family gatherings that end up with a fist-fight or 3...alcohol-feuled family gatherings are just like watching the latest WWE episode. You can guess who, after downing a couple of Jack Daniels laden drinks, will start the free-for-all with a "kind" word about another family member.

Some of them are no more than word-fights, other are classics that are destined to end up on YouTube.

Frazod 12-24-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9238405)

Holy crap, I don't even want to think about what kind of bitch you must be married to. LMAO

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9238506)
It would be really interesting to find out how many divorcees are telling him that he can't trust her when he was the one who was snooping.

I don't think they'll ever be able to trust each other at all

both sides

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

there must not be alcohol at your family gatherings.

Mr. Laz 12-24-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

of course not, but the key is that she is talking shit about them to her family.

that's the line

People meet someone they don't particularly like all the time and are polite and civil ... pretending to get along.

but in this instance, they are engaged and she should have enough respect/restraint to not talk shit and trash the loved ones of the man is going to marry.

maybe the all do it :shrug:

but she got caught and he is going to remember those texts EACH TIME they are around his family.

maybe it can work ... depends on his ability to overlook it.

Many people wouldn't be able overlook it and resent would develop.

not fair but it's life

seclark 12-24-2012 11:19 AM

i don't even read my own text messages.
sec

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9238506)

I would ask....why would she want to put in writing what he can see, whether snooping or not?

If she didn't want him to see it then why not just delete the text after sending it? Makes you wonder...

Saul Good 12-24-2012 11:20 AM

There is nothing wrong with her not liking your family as long as she is nice to them. Hell, it speaks to her character that she spends time with them and hides her dislike so well that you had no idea that she didn't like them. She isn't engaged to them. All she has to do is get through several family outings a year, and she can go on her merry way.

You, on the other hand, are creepy. I've met several people who do stuff like this, and they are all insecure, immature people who can't handle adult relationships. You aren't ready for marriage.

Mr. Laz 12-24-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9238497)
never shoulda read those f****** messages

yep ... don't go looking unless you are ready to deal with shit you didn't really want to see.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 11:21 AM

Relationships would be much easier if text messages would just delete themselves automatically.

Dave Lane 12-24-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9238524)
yep ... don't go looking unless you are ready to deal with shit you didn't really want to see.

And I guarantee if she went thru all his unedited messages she'd be all pissed off too.

Ceej 12-24-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9238527)
Relationships would be much easier if text messages would just delete themselves automatically.

Or texting didn't exist.

jd1020 12-24-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9238529)
And I guarantee if she went thru all his unedited messages she'd be all pissed off too.

If she saw this thread his ass would be out on the street already.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9238523)
There is nothing wrong with her not liking your family as long as she is nice to them. Hell, it speaks to her character that she spends time with them and hides her dislike so well that you had no idea that she didn't like them. She isn't engaged to them. All she has to do is get through several family outings a year, and she can go on her merry way.

I disagree....she isn't hiding her dislike for the family. She is putting it out there to be seen. Hiding it is telling NO ONE including her family. But instead she told another and no one keeps a secret like that. Somewhere along the way something happens in the relationship and the sister will feel compelled to speak out of turn and it all goes south from there.

If you think the sister will keep her mouth shut, you're mistaken.

SAUTO 12-24-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Why? My wife could look at every text I have ever sent. If she found something to get mad about she should go because she would be a psycho.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9238527)

There is a program out there now that will erase Internet posts and tweets that you send. You set an "expiration date" and it automatically erases the trace of the item.

I saw a story about it on TV the other day.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238533)
If she saw this thread his ass would be out on the street already.

and boom goes the dynamite

Frazod 12-24-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

If my wife went though my text messages, she won't learn anything that I haven't already told her. She knows exactly how I feel about her family because I don't lie about it. The only time I tell her she can't go through my e-mails is when I've ordered a gift for her and want it to be a surprise. Marriage should be a partnership between two people who trust each other, not some endless sneaking cold war. My first marriage was like that. Not this one.

Iowanian 12-24-2012 11:34 AM

I think the bigger problem isn't reading the messages, but the fact that you thought you should.

When facebook came into play and we'd heard some of the stories about what happens, brideowanian and I had a discussion about it. The answer is that we have an open book policy. I've never asked, but if I do, I have the right to read anything she has in an email, message box or text, and that goes both ways. To my knowledge, we've neither one felt the need to follow up.

A healthy relationship wouldn't contain messages that would be dangerous to the relationship. Bitching about your mother's shitty cooking isn't nice to read, but it's not the same as exchanging sexually suggestive notes with a coworker or something.

Do the world a favor and don't get married until you're both mature enough for that commitment.

SAUTO 12-24-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9238557)
If my wife went though my text messages, she won't learn anything that I haven't already told her. She knows exactly how I feel about her family because I don't lie about it. The only time I tell her she can't go through my e-mails is when I've ordered a gift for her and want it to be a surprise. Marriage should be a partnership between two people who trust each other, not some endless sneaking cold war. My first marriage was like that. Not this one.

This. I have nothing to hide because if I feel some way I just say it.

Hiding and sneaking is for pussies
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 12-24-2012 11:37 AM

My mother-in-law IS a shitty cook. And my wife already knows it because she's eaten much more of her cooking than I ever will.

Can't wait for tomorrow's runny/lumpy mashed potatoes. :banghead:

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9238557)

my marriage was a disaster. I went through her text messages and she was flirting with guys. Hardcore. I called her out and it made things bad. So my genius ass started flirting with girls that I didn't rally care for via text and left my phone around her to see how she liked it. Everyday fighting ensued until separation.

Frazod 12-24-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9238578)
my marriage was a disaster. I went through her text messages and she was flirting with guys. Hardcore. I called her out and it made things bad. So my genius ass started flirting with girls that I didn't rally care for via text and left my phone around her to see how she liked it. Everyday fighting ensued until separation.

My first marriage predated text messages, but I recognize the pattern. After trust is gone, you have nothing.

Life is a series of learning experiences. You learn from your mistakes, learn to look for warning signs, and move on.

Cannibal 12-24-2012 11:50 AM

You sound very insecure reading her texts.

Dallas Chief 12-24-2012 11:51 AM

Some people have hinted around this so far but is any if the shit she is talking on your family true? If so then where's the problem?

Mr. Laz 12-24-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9238612)
Some people have hinted around this so far but is any if the shit she is talking on your family true? If so then where's the problem?

Trust ... to a certain extent, it's gone.

He broke trust by reading the text message
She broke trust by talking shit about his family with someone beside him

Dave Lane 12-24-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9238541)
Why? My wife could look at every text I have ever sent. If she found something to get mad about she should go because she would be a psycho.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good for you. I'd like comments I made to another person to be private.

dirk digler 12-24-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9238317)
shes going to spin this around on YOU the moment you confront her

she will turn it into the whole "you looked at my phone/invaded my privacy you creep" argument right to the forefront, and your goals and points about your family will be clearly overshadowed

thus she will be mad at you, you will be mad at her, nothing will be resolved and like someone says this could pull you two apart. Because I have never met a female (or anyone for that matter) that was okay with her private crap being looked at. And if this girls been trash talking in her private time, no way she will be okay with it either.

Good luck, no good way to go about this one.

yep

htismaqe 12-24-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 9238402)
I dont see it that way. Everyday she isnt honest with her feelings, shes lying to him. Then what about when kids come? Is she gonna flip a bitch when its time for his family to watch them because she doesnt trust or like them? So many issues can arise from that

And he's a grown man, let him be in charge of whether his feelings are hurt because she doesnt like his fam. She owes it to him to tell him.
And if shes not honest about this, what else is she not honest about?

Yep.

Unless they both SHARE the same feelings for his family, it's going to be a constant point of contention until something gives.

There are fundamental things on which you MUST agree in order for a marriage to work.

Phobia 12-24-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9238541)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. My wife already knows I'm silly. She wouldn't care about anything I've said. I would be just fine with anything I've said with or without here up to an including the comment about that chick's fabulous legs while out with my buddies.

cdcox 12-24-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9238625)
Trust ... to a certain extent, it's gone.

He broke trust by reading the text message
She broke trust by talking shit about his family with someone beside him

Eh. It depends on the circumstance. I don't rely on my wife to meet every single need I have as a person and I don't try to meet every single need she has either. If his wife was just venting, I don't see it as a big deal.

Saul Good 12-24-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238538)
I disagree....she isn't hiding her dislike for the family. She is putting it out there to be seen. Hiding it is telling NO ONE including her family. But instead she told another and no one keeps a secret like that. Somewhere along the way something happens in the relationship and the sister will feel compelled to speak out of turn and it all goes south from there.

If you think the sister will keep her mouth shut, you're mistaken.

She sent a text to her sister. That isn't putting it out there to be seen.

burt 12-24-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9238647)
Yeah. My wife already knows I'm silly. She wouldn't care about anything I've said. I would be just fine with anything I've said with or without here up to an including the comment about that chick's fabulous legs while out with my buddies.

It IS possible to appreciate a fabulous legs without being a creeper.....

Rain Man 12-24-2012 12:07 PM

There are probably some things my wife has said that I'd rather not know, or I'd be divorced. It's probably that way with any couple.

It's immature of his fiance to say stuff like that, if it's as bad as it sounds. It's also terrible of him to be spying on her when he had no reason to not trust her.

If she doesn't like his family and he's spying on her communications, it sounds like they should rethink this relationship.

jd1020 12-24-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9238668)
It's immature of his fiance to say stuff like that, if it's as bad as it sounds. It's also terrible of him to be spying on her when he had no reason to not trust her.

Doesn't sound "bad" at all to me.

"Not looking forward to going to my in-laws... Don't like his mothers cooking... All they do is sit around and talk sports... Annoying kids..."

How can one say shit like that?????????!!!!!!!! ITS DISGRACEFUL!

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9238668)
There are probably some things my wife has said that I'd rather not know, or I'd be divorced. It's probably that way with any couple.

If she doesn't like his family and he's spying on her communications, it sounds like they should rethink this relationship.

you should start a relationship poll to see how many people are in insecure situation.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9238650)
Eh. It depends on the circumstance. I don't rely on my wife to meet every single need I have as a person and I don't try to meet every single need she has either. If his wife was just venting, I don't see it as a big deal.

The problem with venting to someone other than him is that she was venting about HIS family.

If she dislikes his family THAT much and he doesn't agree (he obviously doesn't or she would have vented to him) its going to be a point of contention forever.

Mr. Laz 12-24-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9238650)

relationships are different

some people talk shit to each other about stuff and just laugh ... it's all good.

but apparently she didn't talk to him about it all

she is just being a snarky bitch BEHIND HIS BACK

not only will it be in the back of his mind each time she is around his family but each time he is around her family he is going to wonder what else they have been talking shit about.

2 completely different things

1. Not liking your in-laws

2. Not liking your in-laws and talking shit about them with someone other than your fiancee/spouse

and you can BET YOUR ASS that if he bring it up that she will flip-the-script and get angry at him about reading her texts and use all sorts of girl tricks during the following argument.

He will be lucky to know what day it is after that fight.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9238656)
She sent a text to her sister. That isn't putting it out there to be seen.

I'll repeat my statement again....do you really think the sister will keep it to herself? All it will take is something small and it will come out....

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238679)
The problem with venting to someone other than him is that she was venting about HIS family.

If she dislikes his family THAT much and he doesn't agree (he obviously doesn't or she would have vented to him) its going to be a point of contention forever.

This...

cdcox 12-24-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238679)

Depends on him. If his number one priority is his relationship to his spouse, the relationship to his family becomes subservient. That doesn't mean that relationship is devalued, it just means it is put into a new context. If his number one priority is still his birth family, that really isn't what marriage is supposed to be. A couple can work out differences of opinion on family in many cases.

For example, the husband would prefer to see his family at least once a month. The wife isn't wild about his family. Maybe they settle on six times a year. Maybe the husband occasionally visits his family without his wife. The time that the couple spends with her family would also factor into the compromise. Mature people that respect the desires, needs and boundaries of the other can work thinks out if their expectations aren't completely at odds (eg. he wants to spend every weekend with his family and she never wants to see them again).

Reaper16 12-24-2012 12:26 PM

I'm inclined to agree with the idea that there are trust issues you should work on, but I don't want to give any advice about that; I've never been married or engaged, so I can't pretend to truly understand what that kind of commitment means.

Here's a sneaky idea: after the holiday, bring up to your fiancee that she looked uncomfortable around your family. Say that you saw something in her body language. Never bring up the fact that you invaded her privacy. Use this lie of a physical tell in her body language to bring up a discussion on how she feels about your family. Tell her to be honest, that she can be honest with you.

If she lies to you then, well, then you might have to re-evaluate things.

jd1020 12-24-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9238729)
I'm inclined to agree with the idea that there are trust issues you should work on, but I don't want to give any advice about that; I've never been married or engaged, so I can't pretend to truly understand what that kind of commitment means.

Here's a sneaky idea: after the holiday, bring up to your fiancee that she looked uncomfortable around your family. Say that you saw something in her body language. Never bring up the fact that you invaded her privacy. Use this lie of a physical tell in her body language to bring up a discussion on how she feels about your family. Tell her to be honest, that she can be honest with you.

If she lies to you then, well, then you might have to re-evaluate things.

... and the snowflake turns into an avalanche.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 12:27 PM

Yeah, play mind games. That always works.