ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Today 12/27 Mel Kiper says....... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268084)

DJ's left nut 12-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9244250)
I'll be honest...I'm so in love with Geno, anybody else, even a different QB, will be saddening

Yup, I'll be pretty bummed out.

If it's Wilson I could live with it. If it's Bray, I'd be fine as well (though it won't be and probably shouldn't be, he might be that Ryan Leaf level of ****off, I just love his skill-set).

It has to be Geno. He's just the clear top choice at the position to me.

RunKC 12-27-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9244254)
I'm going to go ahead and pass on this guy.

In the second reel, there were plenty of fairly sharp looking five-ten yard throws, but he wasnt testing anything deep.

Then, at around 2:30 he finally goes deep down the right side... with a slow release, underpowered throw thats picked off.

Palko could do what he was doing in this clip.

I see you skipped the perfect pass for a TD in the 2nd half:)

Hootie 12-27-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9244255)
Yup, I'll be pretty bummed out.

If it's Wilson I could live with it. If it's Bray, I'd be fine as well (though it won't be and probably shouldn't be, he might be that Ryan Leaf level of ****off, I just love his skill-set).

It has to be Geno. He's just the clear top choice at the position to me.

I think we'll be fine. I honestly think the "media" and these "experts" still have something against black QB's. Maybe it's the bad taste left in their mouths from JaMarcus...or maybe they are all just super racist.

I don't know.

Geno passes every single eye test.

Molitoth 12-27-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9244143)
Molitoth - do you now see how stupid your post looks when put into context?

Get that shit out of here - leadership is a litmus test, not a driving factor. What wins in this league is talent and yes, you can measure talent. Russell Wilson doesn't win because of "heart" or "determination", he wins because he's a foolishly great athlete with great instincts and sense for the position. I underestimated his potential because of his size and accuracy concerns - I clearly didn't do enough homework.

This Olympics-style human interest shit bores me to tears. Physical talent and intelligence wins ballgames. Leadership can put you over the hump, but we'll worry about that when we get there. Dan Marino was dumb as a hammer and a shit leader, but he won ballgames. Terry Bradshaw was a lazy hillbilly and won 4 Super Bowls. Ryan Fitzpatrick is brilliant and he sucks. Matt Cassel, by all accounts, works as hard as anyone and is as 'determined' as Tom Brady to not blow - he still does.

Blah blah blah - they don't look for heart - blah. Bullshit. Determination does show up on tape and drive shows up in interviews. The good evaluators spot that stuff, the bad ones don't.

Mel Kiper is lazy and doesn't do his homework, it's really as simple as that.

I don't think I look stupid at all.

Tell me Russel Wilson wasn't judged on his size and measurables vs his leadership and desire to be great.

Kiper likes gooseneck because he is 2930 feet tall.

bowener 12-27-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9244172)
Still think Teo's going to be the pick. That guy just looks like a Chief.

I know you're trolling, but tell your mother to quit ****ing her brother.

DJ's left nut 12-27-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9244268)
I don't think I look stupid at all.

Tell me Russel Wilson wasn't judged on his size and measurables vs his leadership and desire to be great.

Kiper likes gooseneck because he is 2930 feet tall.

His leadership and 'desire to be great' have not one damn thing to do with his success.

Matt Cassel would love to be great and it just doesn't matter. Tim Tebow is an exceptional leader and would probably be one of those guys that cuts off a digit if it made him a better player. Doesn't matter - still sucks.

What makes Wilson this good is his talent and decisionmaking. He was judged on his size rather than his talent, that is true. His downfield arm and especially his intermediate accuracy was questioned because he wasn't a big passer.

Your descriptions are just worthless flowery prose designed to cover national pundits that couldn't bring themselves to admit that they just didn't look at the tape closely enough.

All of this was available to see if you looked for it. Guys like Kiper (and myself) just hate to admit it.

Molitoth 12-27-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9244278)
His leadership and 'desire to be great' have not one damn thing to do with his success.

Matt Cassel would love to be great and it just doesn't matter. Tim Tebow is an exceptional leader and would probably be one of those guys that cuts off a digit if it made him a better player. Doesn't matter - still sucks.

What makes Wilson this good is his talent and decisionmaking. He was judged on his size rather than his talent, that is true. His downfield arm and especially his intermediate accuracy was questioned because he wasn't a big passer.

Your descriptions are just worthless flowery prose designed to cover national pundits that couldn't bring themselves to admit that they just didn't look at the tape closely enough.

All of this was available to see if you looked for it. Guys like Kiper (and myself) just hate to admit it.

I understand your point, but I think you complete whiffed on mine.
How can you argue with me that the media scouts put way too much emphasis on measurables (size, weight, 40times, etc) when doing their rankings/mocks?

After watching Glennon vs Geno film, I cannot understand WTF Kiper is thinking except that Glennon is a giraffe.

Hootie 12-27-2012 04:56 PM

casual fans crack me up

I had someone on Christmas tell me they thought Tebow would end up with KC because we really needed a QB

Tebow is done. The Chiefs and Patriots exposed him as the fraud that he is...stack the box with 8 and NEVER play prevent and he can't play the position. This is why he stays on the bench in NY. He is done. He's a failed experiment with zero chance to ever be a successful or even an unsuccessful NFL QB. He'll never get another shot to be a starter.

He's like a less elusive Colin Kaepernick who can't throw the football. I'm pretty sure if Kaepernick played at Florida instead of Tebow he would have been a top 5 pick and won 2 Heisman's and 3 National Titles.

Tebow is the biggest fraud player of my lifetime...college and pros. The fame he received is 100% due to religion and playing the V card while splicing it with his "ultimate team player" nonsense.

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9244179)
Houston, Teo, DJ, Hali

That will be a great linebacking corp next year

It would, but it's not winning us a SB.

Molitoth 12-27-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9244288)
casual fans crack me up

I had someone on Christmas tell me they thought Tebow would end up with KC because we really needed a QB

Tebow is done. The Chiefs and Patriots exposed him as the fraud that he is...stack the box with 8 and NEVER play prevent and he can't play the position. This is why he stays on the bench in NY. He is done. He's a failed experiment with zero chance to ever be a successful or even an unsuccessful NFL QB. He'll never get another shot to be a starter.

He's like a less elusive Colin Kaepernick who can't throw the football. I'm pretty sure if Kaepernick played at Florida instead of Tebow he would have been a top 5 pick and won 2 Heisman's and 3 National Titles.

Tebow is the biggest fraud player of my lifetime...college and pros. The fame he received is 100% due to religion and playing the V card while splicing it with his "ultimate team player" nonsense.

Sorry, but he will get a chance in Jacksonville.

Hootie 12-27-2012 04:59 PM

I'd take one Peyton Manning over a LB core that looked like LT, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher and Derrick Thomas.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9244294)

we will see

the only way that happens is if the owner absolutely insists

I think, in less than 3 years, unless he goes and takes his circus to Canada we're going to forget ALL ABOUT Tim Tebow

and I eagerly await

biggest fraud famous athlete ever

had no business even being drafted

Infidel Goat 12-27-2012 05:02 PM

Come on. What's not to like? He's completed 57.7% of his passes--primarily against ACC competition--this year. Trust Kiper; Glennon cannot fail in the NFL.

Seriously, though, as one of the few ACC homers on the board, I'd be pissed off if we pick him.

FlaChief58 12-27-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

casual fans crack me up

Unless the Jags get him. They'll start him in 2013, then he'll be done after they go 1-15

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9244294)

Then we can point and laugh at Setsuna.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:05 PM

Tebow isn't going to get a shot because teammates don't respect his play...not one bit. He isn't good. He won't develop any talent around him. He's a gadget and he's not really all that great at the gadget he provides.

The dude has one chance in the NFL...and that is to change positions and hope he can learn on the fly. LB, FB, H-Back...maybe. QB? No. Will never work.

Easy 6 12-27-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

I've always had a lot of respect for your football takes, but this is horseshit.

In the sense of "is he a QB" you're absolutely correct... but the guy IS football player and IS a player who is respected in the lockerroom (outside of dumbass NY) - he absolutely IS a real player, he's just at the wrong position.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, he'd make a HELLUVA tight end, h-back, wildcard type player for the pats... a coach who believes in him and is imaginative enough to find spots for him would get an EXCELLENT ball player in return.

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9244205)
No it won't.

It's a risk worth taking. And if he fails, you dust yourself off and take the best one where you pick 2-3 years down the road.

The crow-eating wouldn't be about taking the risk. I agree he's the only choice that makes any sense or gives any indication that this team is serious. It would be about Geno himself. If he flames out, there's gonna be a lot of people (myself included) who will look back at some posts hailing him as an incredible talent and cringe a little bit.

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 05:09 PM

If Tebow wants to have a career playing at this level, he needs to give up the dream of QB.

whoman69 12-27-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9244278)

Jay Cutler has all those physical things you talk about. He doesn't have that leadership or desire to be great. Where has it gotten him?

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:13 PM

I think the wildcat is dead.

and I honestly don't think his teammates respect him; not as a man, as a player. He plays QB and he can't throw the ball. That resonates. Honestly. He simply cannot throw the ball. Romeo Crennel made Tim Tebow his bitch last year, so did Bill Belichick. In fact, any team that refused to play prevent no matter the circumstance owned the guy.

Look, he had one year where EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE lined up for him and he delivered a few miracles after playing 55 minutes of PURE SHIT football.

I think we're starting to see with this elite defense Denver struts out week in and week out who was actually winning games in our garbage division last year and it wasn't Tim Tebow.

The guy is literally the worst, least talented NFL QB I have ever seen in my entire time of watching football...and I watch a shit ton of NFL games every single week. It's an obsession.

He is purely garbage.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:15 PM

seriously...the game Tebow beat the Chiefs in he completed two passes. The Tebow style of play hadn't been seen since the forward pass was invented. It was ridiculous. It was AWFUL to watch and it was MARGINALLY effective...but something that was easy to shut down once the tape was out.

I have no vendetta against the guy or his Christianity or the way he spams it all over the place...whatever. It is what it is. I do not respect poor football especially at QB...QB'ing is an art form, a thing of beauty...and Tim Tebow simply doesn't have it, and never will.

Molitoth 12-27-2012 05:18 PM

I don't think anyone on this forum actually thinks Tebow is any good man.

Fortunately for Tebow there are an assload of Christians and ignorant casual football fans whom think otherwise.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:20 PM

his best play would be to auction off a thimble of his manhood to a rich girl who wants a Tebow baby...

he could probably make $50M off that shit from some crazy Christian billionaire family guy

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-27-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9244351)
his best play would be to auction off a thimble of his manhood to a rich girl who wants a Tebow baby...

he could probably make $50M off that shit from some crazy Christian billionaire family guy

And then DIAF.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:22 PM

Archie Manning should auction off like 10 thimbles of manhood...

My God. He could be a billionaire with that seem.

Easy 6 12-27-2012 05:22 PM

Hootie, you're 100% right that he has NO place as a quarterback in this league... NONE.

But that guy IS a football player and i'd bet anything that he DOES have respect around the NFL as a standup guy, a lot of denver players had nothing but praise for him when he left.

The BS in NY is just that, new york bullshit and supreme dysfunction... that guy has the heart to play the game at a VERY high level, just not at QB.

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:23 PM

***DISCLAIMER***

NO REFUNDS FOR COOPERS

Hootie 12-27-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9244356)
Hootie, you're 100% right that he has NO place as a quarterback in this league... NONE.

But that guy IS a football player and i'd bet anything that he DOES have respect around the NFL as a standup guy, a lot of denver players had nothing but praise for him when he left.

The BS in NY is just that, new york bullshit and supreme dysfunction... that guy has the heart to play the game at a VERY high level, just not at QB.

I don't have any doubt teammates respect him as a man...just not as a QB.

I think he's a little prima donna. I think he does a good job hiding it, but his only chance of future success in the NFL is switching positions and totally buying into it. Will he do that? I highly doubt it.

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9244325)
If Tebow wants to have a career playing at this level, he needs to give up the dream of QB.

I think he could be a decent FB or maybe even TE.

The next Kris Wilson perhaps???

Demonpenz 12-27-2012 05:29 PM

This thread is funny. Geno is going #1 to the chiefs.

Easy 6 12-27-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9244359)
I don't have any doubt teammates respect him as a man...just not as a QB.

I think he's a little prima donna. I think he does a good job hiding it, but his only chance of future success in the NFL is switching positions and totally buying into it. Will he do that? I highly doubt it.

Eh, i bet he's smart enough to see the writing on the wall, we'll see.

If he's dumb enough to think he can go to jax and be the franchise QB hero, i'll change my tune big time... going all in on a position change is his only hope of a real NFL career.

DeezNutz 12-27-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9244376)
Eh, i bet he's smart enough to see the writing on the wall, we'll see.

If he's dumb enough to think he can go to jax and be the franchise QB hero, i'll change my tune big time... going all in on a position change is his only hope of a real NFL career.

My guess is that he ends up in JAX, and there will be an open competition for QB with Tebow, Gabbert, and Henne.

htismaqe 12-27-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9244202)
If/when Wilson looks great at the Senior Bowl next month, he will pass Geno Smith, especially if Geno decides not to go.

The guy had 21 TD's, 13 INT's and a 62% comp percentage with an OL that got him killed, no running game and only one good WR who even dropped several balls this year.

Wilson will show his true talent when he has a level playing field.

The only way Wilson passes Geno is if Geno decides not to go.

On a level playing field, Smith is a superior prospect.

htismaqe 12-27-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9244242)
Exactly.

The speechifying gets old as hell. Speeches without results make you loathed by your teammates. Tim Tebow will tell you all about it.

(P.S. The example people should be using here is Phillip Rivers; great talent, shit leader. I will counter with 3 simple words - Norv is reeruned).

Even without Norv, Rivers is still a loser.

And FYI, I mentioned Rivers as my example several posts ago.

Easy 6 12-27-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9244384)
My guess is that he ends up in JAX, and there will be an open competition for QB with Tebow, Gabbert, and Henne.

Then thats a competition he will ultimately lose.

If he isnt smart enough to see that he isnt a big league QB, then he doesnt deserve a long-term career... he'd be asking a risk averse league/team to reinvent the wheel for him and him alone, when he isnt good enough at that position to merit it.

crossbow 12-27-2012 05:49 PM

Perhaps Mel could advise the Jets on their GM situation. Two idiots are better then one Aye?

htismaqe 12-27-2012 05:52 PM

Again, intangibles like "heart" DO matter. Maybe you want to call it something different - mental toughness maybe.

Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl with a subpar running game, others have done it. The difference is that he can take a sack or throw a pick and go to the sideline and start looking at photos and planning the next drive. Guys like Cutler spend too much time yelling at linemen or offensive coordinators.

RunKC 12-27-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9244396)
The only way Wilson passes Geno is if Geno decides not to go.

On a level playing field, Smith is a superior prospect.

And how would Geno look if he was the QB at Arkansas this year?

RunKC 12-27-2012 06:08 PM

And c'mon DJnutz, Cassel and Tebow don't have real talent.

That's the difference between them and Wilson. Wilson has more talent than both of them combined.

MahiMike 12-27-2012 06:15 PM

If the Chiefs and Jags don't want the top 2 picks (and clearly need them the most), why would anyone trade with them?

threebag 12-27-2012 06:18 PM

If its on Mel's Big Board its off my table. Dude is a ****ing hack.

Chiefaholic 12-27-2012 06:43 PM

AS it currently stands, the Chiefs have ZERO starting caliber QB's on the roster. Casshole will get canned, Quinn signed a one year deal (he's done), and Stanzi couldn't beat out either of these pansies.

Draft Geno #1, WR, CB, or FS (best available) #2, then QB again at #3. It worked out pretty damn well for the Skins, I'd have no problem doing the same if any talent were left on the board.

hometeam 12-27-2012 06:47 PM

If I see another dumb ****ing Mel Kiper thread I am going to puke. Who buys into this shit?

htismaqe 12-27-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9244448)
And how would Geno look if he was the QB at Arkansas this year?

Like Tyler Wilson.

I've said all along that, for me, Smith was 1a and Wilson was 1b.

I've seen Wilson play and I know what kind of situation he was in. On a level playing field, Geno Smith is still the superior prospect.

Geno has always been my favorite but I am not "Geno or bust". I prefer Smith to Wilson by a narrow magin.

DeezNutz 12-27-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9244556)
Like Tyler Wilson.

I've said all along that, for me, Smith was 1a and Wilson was 1b.

I've seen Wilson play and I know what kind of situation he was in. On a level playing field, Geno Smith is still the superior prospect.

Geno has always been my favorite but I am not "Geno or bust". I prefer Smith to Wilson by a narrow magin.

I think it's entirely possible that the debate going into the draft will about which of these QBs is going 1/1 and which is going 1/2.

cdcox 12-27-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9244164)
They matter, but in the margins. And ultimately, a ton of it is rear-view mirror analysis. Brett Favre is 'a leader' but had he not had Reggie White on his team, we'd look back at him as a dipshit rube gunslinger that frat-boyed the Packers out of a championship or two.

If John Elway doesn't get Terrel Davis in the backfield, he's still a punchline.

We call those guys great leaders in hindsight because they won, but it's a Chicken/egg argument, IMO.

There are a handful of truly great leaders that have come into the league. Montana is among them and perhaps Brady as well. Those guys are outliers and not what you demand in a QB.

I don't think either Manning falls into that category and I'm not convinced Rodgers does either. Those are just excellent QBs with insane talent. What separates Rodgers from Cutler is accuracy, decisionmaking and to a lesser degree, mobility. Oh, and Cutler is revered by his teammates, for what it's worth. Folks in Chicago say that his leadership in that lockerroom is superlative. But sometimes he's just a goddamn lunatic on the field and thats why they don't win.

What kept Marino from a Super Bowl was no running game and no pass rush. Had he had either of those things, he'd have gotten a ring or two and we wouldn't be blitzing him as a shitty leader, just as we don't blitz Elway or Favre.

A complete lack of leadership and character will kill a QB, look at Fatmarcus. But most of them have enough to pass the litmus test question. At that point its talent and decisionmaking - which you can see on the tape.

The panting 'leader' platitudes are for national talking heads that love to analyze in the rearview rather than do their homework ahead of time.

I concur with this post.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9244320)
The crow-eating wouldn't be about taking the risk. I agree he's the only choice that makes any sense or gives any indication that this team is serious. It would be about Geno himself. If he flames out, there's gonna be a lot of people (myself included) who will look back at some posts hailing him as an incredible talent and cringe a little bit.

Which is just more bullshit.

Geno is the right decision for this franchise and it's not even close. I ****ing hate how I see this "Matt Cassel was the right decision at the time for this franchise" bullshit all over this forum, but if some Geno fans will be forced to say that about a #1 overall pick, it's going to be this embarrassing come-to-Jesus moment, where we'll need to be publicly shamed for the rest of our Chiefs Planet posting careers.

If Matt Cassel could have been the right decision at the time (he wasn't, but that's not the point) then there should be ZERO crow to be eaten about Geno in the unlikely instance that he doesn't work out as an NFL QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 07:51 PM

I've been watching a bit more Wilson. Like him, but it's Geno easily for me.

Hootie 12-27-2012 07:52 PM

I'll take a QB bust at #1 over a 10 year pro bowl ILB

Chiefaholic 12-27-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244659)

Geno is the right decision for this franchise and it's not even close. I ****ing hate how I see this "Matt Cassel was the right decision at the time for this franchise" bullshit all over this forum, but if some Geno fans will be forced to say that about a #1 overall pick, it's going to be this embarrassing come-to-Jesus moment, where we'll need to be publicly shamed for the rest of our Chiefs Planet posting careers.

If Matt Cassel could have been the right decision at the time (he wasn't, but that's not the point) then there should be ZERO crow to be eaten about Geno in the unlikely instance that he doesn't work out as an NFL QB.

This franchises biggest need by a LARGE margin is QB. If Geno turns out to be a bust, then so be it. We'll never be worth a **** till we get a franchise QB and those guys are seldom available in FA. Draft a QB high, then again in the mid rounds. At this point we don't even have a guy who'd be considered a reasonable back-up

Mr_Tomahawk 12-27-2012 08:10 PM

Doesn't matter.

Polian is going to draft Barkley.

FML.

Spott 12-27-2012 08:10 PM

**** Mel Kiper and his stupid wig. If he was such a NFL guru, I'm sure he would have been offered a job by an NFL team by now.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9244660)
I've been watching a bit more Wilson. Like him, but it's Geno easily for me.

It's draw-droppingly reeruned what Kiper and a host of other empty-headed wet farts are saying about this QB class.

I see TWO potentially top-tier starting NFL QBs in this class (Smith and Wilson). There are at least 5 guys who will find starting QB jobs within the first two years.

This is a very good QB class. It will be the last very good QB class we will see for a long time.

AussieChiefsFan 12-27-2012 08:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/PvyJs.png

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244710)
It's draw-droppingly reeruned what Kiper and a host of other empty-headed wet farts are saying about this QB class.

I see TWO potentially top-tier starting NFL QBs in this class (Smith and Wilson). There are at least 5 guys who will find starting QB jobs within the first two years.

This is a very good QB class. It will be the last very good QB class we will see for a long time.

I hear ya man. It's not Kiper that annoys me, it's the morons that take his word as gospel. But, but, but Mel says TEO!!!!!!!!!

hometeam 12-27-2012 08:26 PM

http://batcave841.files.wordpress.co...iper.jpg?w=630

Mr. Laz 12-27-2012 08:26 PM

by the time the draft comes around Kiper and Shay with both have Geno Smith in the top 10, probably the top 5.

no need to sweat it

I imagine Geno Smith is going to wow them in the workouts and interviews.

his 40 time will probably suck but that is not really a bad thing tbh ... maybe he won't even run.

Frankie 12-27-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9243926)
Kiper is a nothing these days. He may have started the draft analysis game, but he's just completely marginalized now.

Kiper didn't. Joel Buchsbaum did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9244211)
Russell Wilson's leadership does more than help them win. He went to Wisconsin and called a team meeting and said "I'm here to win and **** you if you don't want to follow my lead". And then what did he do? He did the same thing in Seattle. He's a 5'11" midget who towers over everybody in the locker room because of his leadership. They follow him and believe in him.

That's the difference between Russell Wilson and clowns like Matt Stafford and Jay Cutler. I don't give a **** if they can throw the ball a mile or if they are built like an ox.

I'll take a QB who has good but not great physical attributes with incredible intangibles over a QB who has incredible physical attributes and questionable intangles any day.

This. Absolutely.

Priest31kc 12-27-2012 08:33 PM

Kiper & Casserly = ****ing morons

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244659)

Yeah. Again, no crow to be eaten about the pick itself. Just about Geno's abilities, should he not pan out.

"Geno looks like the best QB in this draft and the Chiefs need to take him #1 because it's about ****ing time they at least try to draft and develop a 1st round QB" - totally fine no matter what happens

"Geno will be just as good as RGIII" - potentially cringeworthy if he ends up more like Jamarcus Russell or Matt Leinart

That's alls I'm sayin'.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9244779)
Yeah. Again, no crow to be eaten about the pick itself. Just about Geno's abilities, should he not pan out.

"Geno looks like the best QB in this draft and the Chiefs need to take him #1 because it's about ****ing time they at least try to draft and develop a 1st round QB" - totally fine no matter what happens

"Geno will be just as good as RGIII" - potentially cringeworthy if he ends up more like Jamarcus Russell or Matt Leinart

That's alls I'm sayin'.

As much shit as I get from people like Chiefnj2 about Geno possessing the pocket presence/awareness of Andrew Luck, I'm not wholly wrong about that. With something like that, there's just a difference of opinion.

However much somebody might be overoptimistic about Geno compared to RGIII or Luck, there's just as much underselling of Geno Smith's abilities by people like Chiefnj2, all because they're obsessed with this oversimplified vision of what a real QB should be (the Luck/RGIII archetype).

If there are cringe-worthy statements being made now in the face of Geno's possible struggles at the pro level, there should be just as many cringe-worthy statements that are overly cautious of Geno Smith's real success that he could have in the pros.

And when Geno is winning playoff games with the Chiefs, I will be teabagging those posters in the ****ing face with my giant, hairy ballsack.

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244790)
And when Geno is winning playoff games with the Chiefs, I will be teabagging those posters in the ****ing face with my giant, hairy ballsack.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...-happy-men.gif

keg in kc 12-27-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

If there are cringe-worthy statements being made now in the face of Geno's possible struggles at the pro level, there should be just as many cringe-worthy statements that are overly cautious of Geno Smith's real success that he could have in the pros.

And if he does struggle? So what? How is that any worse than the potential for struggle of any other draft pick at any other position in the NFL? It's an absolutely nonsensical idea that it's a greater risk taking a quarterback. And you want to say Geno Smith isn't Luck? That's fine. You know what? There isn't a Calvin Johnson or Orlando Pace or Ndamukong Suh in this draft either. Because if you want to set the bar with a generational talent at QB, then we gotta set the bar the same for anybody else. And in that light, every pick we could feasibly make this year is going to be a risk. There are no "sure things" in this draft. So there's absolutely no justification for not taking a quarterback. Other than sheer cowardice, or the kind of narrow-minded draft philosophy that's kept this franchise from drafting one for 30 years.

And, to me, it's a bigger risk, and a bigger mistake, to not take one. The idea should be to take the best player who has the potential to make the greatest impact. And to me, that's an absolute no-brainer. No position in all of sports is more important than the quarterback, and no player at that position has impressed me more than Geno Smith (who I've had an eye on for 3 years...). And we may (if we don't **** it up...) have an opportunity we've never had before, and may never have again, with the #1 pick. That's the stars aligning, and to even allow the thought of drafting anything other than a quarterback with that pick just boggles the mind. Have people not seen enough Grbacs and Huards and Cassels and Quinns and Thigpens and Palkos and jesus ****ing christ why is this even a question?

RealSNR 12-27-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9244828)
And if he does struggle? So what? How is that any worse than the potential for struggle of any other draft pick at any other position in the NFL? It's an absolutely nonsensical idea that it's a greater risk taking a quarterback. And you want to say Geno Smith isn't Luck? That's fine. You know what? There isn't a Calvin Johnson or Orlando Pace or Ndamukong Suh in this draft either. Because if you want to set the bar with a generational talent at QB, then we gotta set the bar the same for anybody else. And in that light, every pick we could feasibly make this year is going to be a risk. There are no "sure things" in this draft. So there's absolutely no justification for not taking a quarterback. Other than sheer cowardice, or the kind of narrow-minded draft philosophy that's kept this franchise from drafting one for 30 years.

And, to me, it's a bigger risk, and a bigger mistake, to not take one. The idea should be to take the best player who has the potential to make the greatest impact. And to me, that's an absolute no-brainer. No position in all of sports is more important than the quarterback, and no player at that position has impressed me more than Geno Smith (who I've had an eye on for 3 years...). And we may (if we don't **** it up...) have an opportunity we've never had before, and may never have again, with the #1 pick. That's the stars aligning, and to even allow the thought of drafting anything other than a quarterback with that pick just boggles the mind. Have people not seen enough Grbacs and Huards and Cassels and Quinns and Thigpens and Palkos and jesus ****ing christ why is this even a question?

Okay. **** the Geno photoshop.

E-mail THIS to Clark. Or mail it to him.

I think somebody needs to pose as Jimmy the 5-year old Chief fan whose only desire in the world right now other than for mommy's boyfriend to stop hitting him when he comes home from the bar is for the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith.

Somebody should copy keg's post using a crayon so Clark clearly gets the message about why it's a good idea. We'll appeal to his logos AND pathos

OnTheWarpath15 12-27-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9244828)

http://fiz-x.com/wp-content/uploads/...go-gifs-13.gif

GloryDayz 12-27-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9243755)

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 09:50 PM

Trade for Smith. We've never gone the castoff 49er QB route before.

GloryDayz 12-27-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

As much shit as I get from people like Chiefnj2 about Geno possessing the pocket presence/awareness of Andrew Luck, I'm not wholly wrong about that. With something like that, there's just a difference of opinion.

However much somebody might be overoptimistic about Geno compared to RGIII or Luck, there's just as much underselling of Geno Smith's abilities by people like Chiefnj2, all because they're obsessed with this oversimplified vision of what a real QB should be (the Luck/RGIII archetype).

Unless you're milking it a lot, if it's hairy, how do you know it's giant?

:hmmm:

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 09:52 PM

SNR swings the biggest, most harriest nutsack in the CP West

MahiMike 12-27-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9244866)
Trade for Smith. We've never gone the castoff 49er QB route before.

You jest but that's exactly what we should do. This team is a QB away from being competitive. Let Alex play for a year while our draft QB learns the system. Jamaal is being wasted.

DeezNutz 12-27-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9244873)
You jest but that's exactly what we should do. This team is a QB away from being competitive. Let Alex play for a year while our draft QB learns the system. Jamaal is being wasted.

No chance of making the playoffs with a n00b QB. /Seahawks, Redskins, Colts

Smith cannot win a SB, so bringing him to KC would be worse than pointless.

ChiefsCountry 12-27-2012 09:55 PM

The Save Our Chiefs Facebook Page needs nuked. The Geno picture was pretty awesome and the idiots on their are well idiots. Some idiot said Geno couldn't play in the snow. Yet he went to school in ****ing West Virginia.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

:#

OnTheWarpath15 12-27-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9244878)
The Save Our Chiefs Facebook Page needs nuked. The Geno picture was pretty awesome and the idiots on their are well idiots. Some idiot said Geno couldn't play in the snow. Yet he went to school in ****ing West Virginia.

Couldn't play in the snow?

I can't remember the last time the Chiefs played a snow game, home or road.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

In an ideal world, you do what the Packers did with Rodgers, and get him BEFORE your old franchise veteran leaves/retires.

That's about the only situation these days where it's far better to let your young 1st rounder sit for at least a year. QBs coming out of college are the most talented they've ever been in the league, and they're playing in a time when the conditions have never been more favorable for the position.

Geno needs to get drafted and he should start right away.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9244884)
Couldn't play in the snow?

I can't remember the last time the Chiefs played a snow game, home or road.

Denver game in 97?

OnTheWarpath15 12-27-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244888)
Denver game in 97?

Probably.

Brock 12-27-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

You dumb c*nt.

Dave Lane 12-27-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9244896)
You dumb c*nt.

Pssst hey Brock I think thats filter evasion. I don't care but just saying.