ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chatter increases that Pioli could be back in Kansas City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268163)

threebag 12-30-2012 10:49 AM

**** SO EVENTUALLY WE'll BE THE KANSAS CITY-TIGERS-BROWN-HAWKEYES-PATRIOTS-CHIEFS.

Mother****erJones 12-30-2012 10:50 AM

Clark I ****ing dare you to do it! I'm done if you keep this ass clown and thousands of other kc fans will be done also

chiefscafan 12-30-2012 10:52 AM

Maybe if we go to denver and get blown out yet again that will send the message to Clark hunt!

Terribilis 12-30-2012 10:56 AM

If this happens, pencil me into the 'done' column. This place just won't feel the same without me lurking in the shadows.

FringeNC 12-30-2012 11:10 AM

Obviously, winning cures everything, but Arrowhead will be dead unless the Chiefs start the season at 4-1 or something like that, with a new QB. It's just hard to see Pioli and Ferentz outsmarting other GMs and HCs enough to be winners.

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 11:13 AM

Glazer says Pioli goes into Clark's office tomorrow to try to convince him why he should stay and hire a new coach.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 11:13 AM

Jason La Canfora just said Crennel is gone nothing about Pioli.

chiefscafan 12-30-2012 11:14 AM

Won't happen if we make this move we are done for two and three years. Fans will turn on this team we will let Albert and bowe leave. We will be told Matt cassel had a rough year etc. and I will be sad bout the mess our team has become.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 11:18 AM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Crennel, Reid, Turner and Shurmur will not be back. Ryan, Schwartz, Garrett and Allen are safe. Much more here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...monday-victims

Reid, Shurmur, Turner, Crennel all likely Black Monday victims
By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider
December 30, 2012 11:45 am ET

With "Black Monday" falling on New Year's Eve and some owners preferring to wait until after the holiday to meet with coaches and general managers, the head coaching changes are expected to come in a few waves, with a half-dozen coaches likely to learn their fate on Sunday night or Monday morning and then other moves occurring through early January.

After surveying with execs, team sources and agents, there is a strong expectation that Andy Reid (Eagles), Norv Turner (Chargers), Romeo Crennel (Chiefs), Pat Shurmur (Browns), Ken Whisenhunt (Cardinals) and Mike Mularkey (Jacksonville) will be out shortly after the season ends. Of that group, league sources said Reid, Turner, Crennel and Shurmur are all certain to go and are bracing for that outcome (Reid is prepared to leave Philadelphia even should ownership opt to try to keep him). And with the Jaguars preparing to relieve general manager Gene Smith, there is a possibility that Mularkey, who is completing just his first season on the job, is retained until the new GM makes a determination on the coaching staff.

Mike Munchak (Titans) and Chan Gailey (Bills) have owners who do not live in the state in which their teams play, and those situations could linger awhile. Ron Rivera (Panthers) could retain his job pending the conclusion of his team's general manager search (former GM Marty Hurney was relieved of his duties early this season). Ultimately, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy is seen a favorite to replace Rivera should he be let go.

And Lovie Smith (Bears) will be further imperiled should his team fail to get into the postseason. Chicago needs a win at Detroit and a loss by Minnesota to qualify after starting the season 7-1. Smith has one year left on his deal.

Meantime, while there has been mounting speculation about the job security of Rex Ryan (N.Y. Jets), Jason Garrett (Dallas), Jim Schwartz (Detroit), and Dennis Allen (Oakland), league sources said those teams are not planning to make any changes at this time. Possible general manager changes in New York and Detroit could complicate matters for those coaches later in this offseason, but at this point no moves are anticipated.

Of the group of head coaches to be let go, league sources anticipate Reid to have numerous opportunities, while Whisenhunt and Smith would also get head coaching interviews. The rest of the group are likely to be in the hunt for coordinator jobs. Turner will be hotly sought after for several openings, New York and Baltimore possibly among them. Shurmur will be a hot coordinator as well, and league sources expect the Vikings to be among the teams to pursue him.

The Eagles and Browns will pursue Oregon coach Chip Kelly aggressively according to league sources; Jay Gruden is coveted by Eagles, as well

As we reported last week, Kelly is the prime target of the Eagles with Reid set to depart. Many in the league are bracing for an intriguing struggle for Kelly's services to emerge between Philadelphia and the Browns, who are now run by former Eagles president Joe Banner.

As one source with ties to Kelly pointed out this week, it's still roughly 50/50 that Kelly leaves college, and several execs said this week they have heard that Kelly might be only lukewarm at best about the Philadelphia opening. If the Eagles do not land Kelly, Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is also high atop their wish list, league sources said. But that, too, might not be the most attractive opening for him, and it will be a daunting chore for anyone to replace Reid on that rebuilding club.

With most expecting Nick Saban to remain with Alabama (Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam would have interest in him, sources said), Patriots coordinator Josh McDaniels is expected to merit strong consideration for the Browns' job as well. Some believe that, should the Eagles be unable to land Kelly or Gruden, Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien would be a target for them.

Reid, as we first reported weeks ago, would love to land in San Diego, where he lives, but many execs believe the Chargers might go in a less high-profile manner for their next coach. Kansas City is also a team that could suit Reid, sources said.

In addition to Kelly and O'Brien from the college ranks, Syracuse coach Doug Marrone is seen as a viable NFL candidate by some. He could get interviews for jobs this offseason and, while Jim Mora has only been at UCLA for one season, his past credentials in the NFL could lead to overtures from teams in the coming weeks.

Jets to keep Rex Ryan; Mike Tannenbaum could be out as soon as Monday

Jets owner Woody Johnson does not intend to fire head coach Rex Ryan, according to league sources but is highly unlikely to retain Mike Tannenbaum as his general manager.

As we first reported last week, Johnson was quietly gauging whether some candidates would have interest in serving as his general manager with Tannenbaum remaining in a salary-cap capacity. Those overtures have been largely rebuffed, sources said and, at this point, Tannenbaum could be let go this week. Ryan, who is generally held in high regard by his players, has also reached out to those whom he trusts to ascertain a group of potential new general managers whom he might be able to work well with, sources said.

In what has been a wildly dysfunctional season for the Jets, this frayed ending does not come as a surprise to many around the league. It has been a topic of discussion since the summer as to how the Ryan/Tannenbaum relationship would hold up if the team fell far below its expectations -- an outcome, which, again, is not a surprise to many. Tannenbaum shares a strong relationship with Johnson. But with the team in freefall, ownership knows changes must be made.

Houston's college scouting director, Mike Maccagnan, is someone the Jets are high on. But like several top candidates, accepting any position with Tannenbaum and another former Jets GM, Terry Bradway, still working for the team is seen as a deal-breaker. Some former NFL general managers, like Jerry Angelo and Randy Mueller, would take the job under such constraints, sources said, but Johnson is not expected to go that route. Ultimately, parting with Tannenbaum might be unavoidable as he restructures the franchise.

With Ryan safe, other staff changes are expected, however. Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano has failed, and Tannenbaum was a major proponent of that hiring, sources said, while Ryan is in favor of staff changes with quarterback Mark Sanchez floundering in 2012 and the unit lacking direction. Ryan would support the hiring of an established coordinator, with more playcalling acumen, sources said, with San Diego head coach Norv Turner, set to be fired this week, likely atop that wish list.

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:20 AM

Jets keeping Ryan is hilarious.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 11:23 AM

Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

Re: Glazer report that Pioli could stay ... heard he has been scouting QBs as of few weeks ago. Ferentz always has been his guy. #Chiefs

Marcellus 12-30-2012 11:24 AM

Shefter just said its leaning toward Pioli being out.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-30-2012 11:24 AM

What is Pioli's record here now?

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9251276)
Shefter just said its leaning toward Pioli being out.

:grovel:

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 11:25 AM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

ESPN's @AdamSchefter reported AJ Smith, Gene Smith, Tom Heckert, Rod Graves all likely "out" next week. "Leaning out" on Pioli & Tannenbaum.

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9251279)
What is Pioli's record here now?

Raiduhs

Marcellus 12-30-2012 11:26 AM

Also everyone stating RAC and KC will likely come to an agreement to part ways which fits what Marty reported before to the letter.

Basically said he could "retire".

Chiefs Pantalones 12-30-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9251286)
Raiduhs

lol no seriously?

Messier 12-30-2012 11:26 AM

Two new QBs and Reid would take some sting off, but the only way to turn everything around is to clean the whole house.

Otherwise, we keep vacuuming the living room, and saying the house is clean, ignoring the rotten meat smell and dried spaghetti sauce on the walls of the kitchen.

the Talking Can 12-30-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9251233)
Glazer says Pioli goes into Clark's office tomorrow to try to convince him why he should stay and hire a new coach.

wtf is there even a conversation necessary...

DeezNutz 12-30-2012 11:27 AM

"Leaning"? ****ing shit. Only in KC could an epic disaster be a matter of discussion.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-30-2012 11:28 AM

Pagan History Month?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9251151)
PHM

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9251294)
wtf is there even a conversation necessary...

"Look, Clark, you and I both know you don't have the BALLS to fire me, so let me tell you my ideas on head coaches. Capice?"

CaliforniaChief 12-30-2012 11:30 AM

I can't fathom a solution where Pioli gets to pick a guy he likes as a viable option to Clark. That's for your FIRST hire. If Pioli stays, then Clark is either completely out of touch, tone deaf, stupid, or just as egotistical as Scott is.

bevischief 12-30-2012 11:33 AM

Where is Clark and where is Peeholi?

Quesadilla Joe 12-30-2012 11:34 AM

Eh, you guys will love Pioli if you start winning games.

bevischief 12-30-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9251315)

No we won't.

Marcellus 12-30-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9251295)
"Leaning"? ****ing shit. Only in KC could an epic disaster be a matter of discussion.

No shit, the last 4 years have been an epic disaster. I tend to think Clark is just less inclined to tip his hand to the media than others.

Sassy Squatch 12-30-2012 11:36 AM

**** it. If he stays he better damn make sure Bowe is priority number 1 before the draft.

Bump 12-30-2012 11:36 AM

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e2caec9.gif

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-30-2012 11:37 AM

This is also why Romeo had his knee drained this week. He'll be off the Chiefs health care in the near future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9251287)
Also everyone stating RAC and KC will likely come to an agreement to part ways which fits what Marty reported before to the letter.

Basically said he could "retire".

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9251322)
No shit, the last 4 years have been an epic disaster. I tend to think Clark is just less inclined to tip his hand to the media than others.

That would make sense if the media wasn't reporting that Romeo is definitely out.

the Talking Can 12-30-2012 11:38 AM

la canfora put pioli on his 'bubble list' and said he had a multi-year extension he didn't sign in the off season

bevischief 12-30-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9251327)
This is also why Romeo had his knee drained this week. He'll be off the Chiefs health care in the near future.

We can only hope...

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9251331)
la canfora put pioli on his 'bubble list' and said he had a multi-year extension he didn't sign in the off season

Thats what the meeting is about tomorrow... getting the kinks worked out and putting ink on that 2 year extension!

SAUTO 12-30-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9251315)

we aren't spineless like you
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 12-30-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9251328)
That would make sense if the media wasn't reporting that Romeo is definitely out.

I think that is too obvious to miss. RAC may be talking retirement to people.

You think Pioli is telling anyone he is out? LMAO

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9251337)
I think that is too obvious to miss. RAC may be talking retirement to people.

You think Pioli is telling anyone he is out? LMAO

Why would it be Pioli's job to tell someone he's out?

chiefzilla1501 12-30-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9251328)

I'm trying to sell myself. But it's not like that shitbag pioli hasn't tried to leak stuff in the past when it's politically advantageous. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to we if this is some last ditch effort to sell Clark on the idea that he will promise big changes.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-30-2012 11:42 AM

So he can get his next job??

"Hey Bud Adams, I'm done here in KC. Whatcha got for openings?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9251341)
Why would it be Pioli's job to tell someone he's out?

Quesadilla Joe 12-30-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9251336)
we aren't spineless like you
Posted via Mobile Device

You might not love him but you won't be flying banners begging ownership to fire him if you start off 5-2.

bevischief 12-30-2012 11:42 AM

The midget army is forming up and they are horny...

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9251346)
So he can get his next job??

"Hey Bud Adams, I'm done here in KC. Whatcha got for openings?"

He'll have all year to look for a job if he is indeed fired. He'll still be the highest paid GM in football with or without a team.

Chief Roundup 12-30-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9251070)
Done as a fan does not mean you stop posting on here.

You might have the comprehension skills of a 2 year old.

This is not just a question for just you, but for all those that have stated that they are done with the Chiefs but will still be a poster on this board. A Chiefs related board.

How are you guys going to be able to participate on this board where the subject matter is mostly Chiefs related?

Are you just going to post in the "poop" threads?

I appreciate your frustration and understand the overwhelming "gloom" that has become the Kansas City Chiefs and the emotion that those feelings manifest.

ChiliConCarnage 12-30-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9251331)

bet he wishes he'd signed that thing now. I wonder what caused him to not sign over the summer

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9251361)
bet he wishes he'd signed that thing now. I wonder what caused him to not sign over the summer

He hates KC as much as KC hates him?

bevischief 12-30-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9251359)
This is not just a question for just you, but for all those that have stated that they are done with the Chiefs but will still be a poster on this board. A Chiefs related board.

How are you guys going to be able to participate on this board where the subject matter is mostly Chiefs related?

I appreciate your frustration and understand the overwhelming "gloom" that has become the Kansas City Chiefs and the emotion that those feelings manifest.

I will be back as a Packers fan full time.

kcfanXIII 12-30-2012 11:49 AM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/130703..._explosion.gif

scientific model predicting the results of pioli retaining his job would have on chiefsplanet.

http://images.wikia.com/infodepot/im...er_on_fire.gif
the same simulation's prediction for the CP server.

ChiliConCarnage 12-30-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9251362)
He hates KC as much as KC hates him?

could have quit and saved us the trouble

The Bad Guy 12-30-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

There's a lot more to this board than just Chiefs. I post on other team's boards that I have no interest in.

There's also a Rams and Chargers fan who posts here pretty regularly and they have no ties to the Chiefs.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9251347)
You might not love him but you won't be flying banners begging ownership to fire him if you start off 5-2.

You're right. I'll no longer be a fan of this team. Won't ****ing care.

BigMeatballDave 12-30-2012 11:53 AM

I'll be furious as a fan, if Pioli is retained, but I'll still be a fan. Just like I am now.

I want Clark to clean house. I want him to build a product I can be excited about.

DaFace 12-30-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9251374)
There's a lot more to this board than just Chiefs. I post on other team's boards that I have no interest in.

There's also a Rams and Chargers fan who posts here pretty regularly and they have no ties to the Chiefs.

I'd conservatively estimate 90 of my posts here have nothing to do with the Chiefs.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 11:54 AM

In Marty I trust. I just refuse to believe any of this is possible.

bevischief 12-30-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9251374)

I agree I member of several other boards but this feels more like home.

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

I suspect you'll see some fans attempt to follow other teams. You'll have "***OFFICIAL 2013 WASHINGTON REDSKINS THREAD***" and "***OFFICIAL 2013 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD***, etc.

I also suspect that if the Chiefs start out 3-0 or 4-1 that those other threads will disappear and many fans will return to the fold.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-30-2012 11:56 AM

Doesn't work that way. His $7 mill buy out says he doesn't have to work, but he wants to be involved in some capacity. He'll need to be on board sometime before the draft, early March or Late Feb with another club in a lesser role.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9251357)
He'll have all year to look for a job if he is indeed fired. He'll still be the highest paid GM in football with or without a team.

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9251377)
I'll be furious as a fan, if Pioli is retained, but I'll still be a fan. Just like I am now.

I want Clark to clean house. I want him to build a product I can be excited about.

I probably wont be furious until I see what comes after.

If the day after Pioli is retained and Cassel is getting announced even so much as a backup and I'm out.

I'll just stop watching football entirely and pick up something like European soccer.

jd1020 12-30-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9251389)
Doesn't work that way. His $7 mill buy out says he doesn't have to work, but he wants to be involved in some capacity. He'll need to be on board sometime before the draft, early March or Late Feb with another club in a lesser role.

???

He still has 1 year on his contract. His contract is guaranteed.

HolyHat 12-30-2012 12:02 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_Yal3CCAAEoKT5.jpg:large

milkman 12-30-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Just post more about the NFL in general, and my new favorite team specifically.

Leaning to the Pack, because of Aaron Rodgers, though I might go with Geno Smith's team, depending who they are.

I'll also laugh at the dumbasses that stick with this sorry excuse for an NFL franchise.

In58men 12-30-2012 12:05 PM

I'm really going to laugh when Pioli is retained as GM.

BigMeatballDave 12-30-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9251414)
I'm really going to laugh when Pioli is retained as GM.

Why would you laugh?

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9251420)
Why would you laugh?

Because there are no more tears left to cry.

RealSNR 12-30-2012 12:07 PM

If Pioli is retained, I wonder how quickly I could be "counted" as a Packer fan? Just in time for them to make a possible Super Bowl run perhaps?

In58men 12-30-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9251420)
Why would you laugh?

Because most posters has been calling out several ESPN/NFL analyst morons or clueless when they state a prediction about Pioli being retained.

notorious 12-30-2012 12:13 PM

All that it takes is winning, and suddenly all of the tough talk will disappear.

KCUnited 12-30-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9251436)
All that it takes is winning, and suddenly all of the tough talk will disappear.

Yep, 8-8 will likely refill Arrowhead and that is probably good enough for Clark.

MIAdragon 12-30-2012 12:16 PM

is it too late to change the last banner to "Clark are you out of your ****ing mind!?"

BigMeatballDave 12-30-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9251433)
Because most posters has been calling out several ESPN/NFL analyst morons or clueless when they state a prediction about Pioli being retained.

MOST of these 'predictions' come from people who know someone within the organization.

These same people have 'predicted' that something was going to happen before, and it usually does.

In58men 12-30-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9251450)
MOST of these 'predictions' come from people who know someone within the organization.

These same people have 'predicted' that something was going to happen before, and it usually does.

Nobody knows that lol. Nick Wright just stated that heard this rumor from a "more credible" source. Nobody gives out a rumor saying "the source is within the organization". You're blind my friend.

RunKC 12-30-2012 12:21 PM

If the Chiefs keep Pioli, I'm going to be a Colts fan.

BigMeatballDave 12-30-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9251458)
Nobody knows that lol. Nick Wright just stated that heard this rumor from a "more credible" source. Nobody gives out a rumor saying "the source is within the organization". You're blind my friend.

Tell that to the few who actually have connections within the front office.

This has nothing to do with Nick.

****ing READ shit here.

mcaj22 12-30-2012 12:25 PM

our biggest nightmare/worst case scenario going forward would be Pioli and his boy Frerentz (especially after 95 Browns A Football Life aired)

and here it is, tons of smoke by some idiots in the media, and the fear that it actually come true

it is truly depressing to even think this could happen to my favorite team

Otter 12-30-2012 12:30 PM

only a dancing banana could help us now

dirk digler 12-30-2012 12:31 PM

Disgusting but not surprising if this happens. But I think everyone needs to chill until it is official either way.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-30-2012 12:31 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

We've talked about it all morning and @wyche89 nails it down. #Chiefs expected to retain GM Scott Pioli: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ed-to-keep-job

Hammock Parties 12-30-2012 12:32 PM

LMAO

The national media is so ****ing clueless.

FlaChief58 12-30-2012 12:33 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

siberian khatru 12-30-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has strong feelings for Pioli and wants to give him another shot to get things right, the source said.

:banghead: