ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Parental Advice- Re: Xbox 360 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269693)

listopencil 02-06-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9380924)
What is the over-under on the hours of therapy required by Dense's grown children?

5k.

ToxSocks 02-06-2013 11:36 AM

I have a nephew that did something similar to this. He used his mom's CC to purchase credits for some crappy facebook game. He would take $10 or so at a time hoping that his mom would never catch on. His mom isn't computer savvy at all so he was able to pull it off for a few months. Once she discovered it, i looked into it and found that the purchases being made online were coming right from their own IP address.

He was ground for a few weeks.

The kid was 13.

Do you give your kid an allowance? Personally, i thought if his parents gave him a weekly or bi weekly allowance, then he wouldn't feel a need to steal.

The Franchise 02-06-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9380924)
What is the over-under on the hours of therapy required by Dense's grown children?

I'd take parenting advice from Casey Anthony before I took it from this dumb bitch.

Buehler445 02-06-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9382222)
5k.

I'll put down $20 on the over.

ToxSocks 02-06-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9380399)
Those parents aren't going to figure it out from watching that reeruned show.

That's like saying that guys who don't appreciate their wives suddenly will after watching Wife Swap.

ROFL

ToxSocks 02-06-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9380043)
Game is already returned to his friend. And I told his parents beforehand to say that they are very disappointed in him and that he is not welcome to their house for awhile. But, that they think he is a good guy, but that he made a bad decision.

I really think the XBOX should be sold. So, it's going on Craigslist.

The only problem is, is that my daughter gets vicariously punished and she didn't do anything. She loves playing the dance games on the XBOX kinect.

Does the kid earn an allowance?

Ace Gunner 02-06-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9380043)
Game is already returned to his friend. And I told his parents beforehand to say that they are very disappointed in him and that he is not welcome to their house for awhile. But, that they think he is a good guy, but that he made a bad decision.

I really think the XBOX should be sold. So, it's going on Craigslist.

The only problem is, is that my daughter gets vicariously punished and she didn't do anything. She loves playing the dance games on the XBOX kinect.

ending with a positive is way overrated and will set up anger problems later on in life for many young men.

Give that box to your daughter and use time restrictions per usual. It'll keep that thought in your boy's head, which imo needs reinforcment to the max. that boy is going to get major trouble for those actions in the future if you don't nip it now.

ToxSocks 02-06-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9382310)
ending with a positive is way overrated and will set up anger problems later on in life for many young men.

Give that box to your daughter and use time restrictions per usual. It'll keep that thought in your boy's head, which imo needs reinforcment to the max. that boy is going to get major trouble for those actions in the future if you don't nip it now.

I like the idea of giving the Xbox to the daughter. It kinda rubs it in the boy's face. He gets to watch his sister enjoy his favorite toy, reminding him of what he did wrong while simultaneously rewarding your daughter for NOT stealing.

Dayze 02-06-2013 12:09 PM

send him to live with Bwana or MoHillbilly for the summer

Ace Gunner 02-06-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9382315)
I like the idea of giving the Xbox to the daughter. It kinda rubs it in the boy's face. He gets to watch his sister enjoy his favorite toy, reminding him of what he did wrong while simultaneously rewarding your daughter for NOT stealing.

yep. that is what I call "family dynamics" :D

when the day comes he (appropriately) asks for some playtime on it, let sis decide (with adult guidance).

bevischief 02-06-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9382320)
send him to live with Bwana or MoHillbilly for the summer

This.

Iowanian 02-06-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9382248)
I'd take parenting advice from Casey Anthony before I took it from this dumb bitch.

I'd be torn if my choice was to let dense advise parenting for my child or sending them to the Lake with Susan Smith.

memyselfI 02-06-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9382315)

Just ground the kid from the Xbox. Turning this into a potential hotspot between siblings is not a good idea especially since there has been a lapse of parental supervision over the Xbox in the first place.

Do not get rid of the box but limit the access of the party who committed the offense. The daughter did nothing wrong why does she have to suffer the consequences of a siblings actions. That is not quite fair.

teedubya 02-06-2013 12:36 PM

This issue has been handled. Denise you can go meddle in someone else's business now. Thank you. Good Day, sir.

Hootie 02-06-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9382248)

Hilarious!

She's seriously the worst. Her posts make me cringe.

teedubya 02-06-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9380908)
You just need to watch more Supernanny. ROFL

Thanks. I'll get right on that.

Deberg_1990 02-06-2013 12:41 PM

Great advise MemyselfI!

I will definately take your words to heart and use them to become a better parent. Your a true inspiration!

What are your thoughts on Geno? Draft or pass?

memyselfI 02-06-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9382384)
This issue has been handled. Denise you can go meddle in someone else's business now. Thank you. Good Day, sir.

Glad to hear it. Good luck.

memyselfI 02-06-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9382398)
Great advise MemyselfI!

I will definately take your words to heart and use them to become a better parent. Your a true inspiration!

What are your thoughts on Geno? Draft or pass?

Pass.

teedubya 02-06-2013 12:45 PM

Yesterday, he came home from school... we went outside, and shot some hoops. He then went upstairs and played a few songs on the piano. Then went to Taekwondo. Then he went to his basketball practice where he owned. A day with zero technology wasn't the end of the world for him.

Kids will just be better off in the long run without motivation sucking video games to veg on all day.

So, this could have been a blessing in disguise.

Fire Me Boy! 02-06-2013 12:59 PM

It's your choice to watch Super Nanny. Cc Get a clue.

Dartgod 02-06-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9380864)
Look, you might be a fantastic parent who goofed up in this one area. He might be a phenomenal kid who saw an opening.

Yet you didn't hesitate to assume the worse and blame the parent.

Stupid ****ing ****.

BossChief 02-06-2013 02:10 PM

At 11 years old, you should probably do something harsher than just taking away the game for a little while...or a few years from now you might regret not doing so.

He is going into the age where there is a big fork in the road and he needs to have a massive dose of "difference between right and wrong" lesson.

Jmo, but I would consider having an officer come out and give him a little scare.

BossChief 02-06-2013 02:12 PM

Haha

Didn't realize this was 3 pages...carry on.