ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mike and Mike Talking about Geno going #1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271175)

patteeu 03-15-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9501811)
The thing is....no one has any clue what the Chiefs are doing right now.

No one realistically before FA thought the Chiefs were going to be THIS active. They've effectively filled 70-80% of the holes on this team before the draft.

They realistically, with the way this team is built, could draft a QB at 1.1 if they want to. That's the thing....no one has a ****ing clue what they want.

I agree with this. I think that's what makes this off-season and the Chiefs position at 1.1 in the draft so interesting/exciting.

The Franchise 03-15-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9501837)
I agree with this. I think that's what makes this off-season and the Chiefs position at 1.1 in the draft so interesting/exciting.

Therein lies the problem.

The Anti-QB at 1.1 people have been shouting forever that the Chiefs will NEVER take a QB at 1.1. They can't admit that it's a legitimate ****ing possibility.

Mr. Laz 03-15-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9501816)
Yep. He must really suck, having played every game of his pro career behind that Brees guy. I mean, if you can't unseat a Super Bowl winning future Hall of Famer who never missed a start, you must really suck, right?

Terrible.

:shake:

:LOL::LOL:

mizzou butthurt always makes me laugh

ROFL

silver5liter 03-15-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Yep. He must really suck, having played every game of his pro career behind that Brees guy. I mean, if you can't unseat a Super Bowl winning future Hall of Famer who never missed a start, you must really suck, right?

Terrible.

Matt Cassel couldnt beat out Brady. Lets have him in for a look

Kiimo 03-15-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Terrible.

No he sucks because he sucks. His arm sucks. His accuracy sucks. His size sucks. His leadership sucks. Chase Daniel sucks and it has nothing to do with Drew Brees.

Carlota69 03-15-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9501837)

Exactly. No one knows what were going to do, and with all the moves they've made so far, theres no real glaring need. The Chiefs could draft whoever they love the most (it would be nice if they loved a QB the most tho). Its very interesting.

Mr. Laz 03-15-2013 11:16 AM

Maybe Dorsey is the 1%

Maybe Dorsey is completely separating the Draft from everything else.

Maybe trades,signings,cuts,salary,player history have absolutely nothing to do with what they are going to do in the draft.

Then again, maybe people are just trying really hard to believe what they want to believe. Most teams give indicators of what they are going to try to do in the draft by who they cut/sign etc during the offseason.

ptlyon 03-15-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9501857)
No he sucks because he sucks. His arm sucks. His size sucks. His mobility sucks. His leadership sucks. Chase Daniel sucks and it has nothing to do with Drew Brees.

I nominate you to start the"Chase Daniels Does, Always Has, and Always Will Suck" thread

BossChief 03-15-2013 11:18 AM

If we came out and said we were seriously interested in taking Geno at 1, nobody would call to trade up.

I think there is a real chance we draft Geno IF nobody offers a good trade down haul.

patteeu 03-15-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9501841)

The Anti-QB at 1.1 people have been shouting forever that the Chiefs will NEVER take a QB at 1.1. They can't admit that it's a legitimate ****ing possibility.

I don't think there are very many anti-QB at 1.1 people. Maybe a few, but it seems like the pro-Geno people tend to imagine that anyone who isn't all-in on Geno is anti-QB at 1.1. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know I've been accused of being anti-QB several times and that's not true at all.

Frazod 03-15-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. SyphiLaz (Post 9501848)
:LOL::LOL:

mizzou butthurt always makes me laugh

ROFL

Window licking reeruns make me laugh.

patteeu 03-15-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9501857)
No he sucks because he sucks. His arm sucks. His accuracy sucks. His size sucks. His leadership sucks. Chase Daniel sucks and it has nothing to do with Drew Brees.

Be honest... you don't have a clue who this Chase Daniel guy is, do you?

Mr. Laz 03-15-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9501900)
Window licking reeruns make me laugh.

window licking?

:spock:

must be a MU trailer park thing :p

MagicHef 03-15-2013 11:33 AM

I know you guys love my graphs, so here's one about positional value relating to first round picks...

This one has:

X-axis: pick # (goes up to 32)
Y-axis: the difference in winning percentage between the teams that drafted that position and all teams that drafted at that pick #. Positive is good (your team improved more than expected for your draft position), negative is bad (your team got worse than expected).

First one is offense, second is defense.

http://s23.postimage.org/urtxsuby3/image.png
picture hosting

http://s24.postimage.org/8fqo6i22t/image.png
picture hosting

notorious 03-15-2013 11:38 AM

I heard it all this morning. They are all in with Geno, now.

Demonpenz 03-15-2013 11:43 AM

Draft Joekel and get the season started.

Mr. Laz 03-15-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9501980)
Draft Joekel and get the season started.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1...ingcartoon.gif

KCrockaholic 03-15-2013 11:44 AM

So just to make sure I'm reading that graph right... A team shouldn't take a WR early? And if you take a DE late you're bound to suck? And QB is good as long as you take him top 3 or in the 20's?

keg in kc 03-15-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9501841)

I'm not anti-QB at 1.1 in any way, shape or form. There are all kinds of logical, well-thought out reasons why it would make sense to do it. I would do it, had I the power. But it isn't going to happen. Because it isn't a legitimate possibility. Not for this franchise. Allowing any glimmer of hope into your mind is just opening the door for crushing disappointment in a month.

MagicHef 03-15-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9501989)
So just to make sure I'm reading that graph right... A team shouldn't take a WR early? And if you take a DE late you're bound to suck? And QB is good as long as you take him top 3 or in the 20's?

It's just past data. You decide how much you trust it to predict the future.

That being said, there's only one position that typically has improved the teams that have picked it very early, and has actually been picked at #1 overall before.

okcchief 03-15-2013 11:47 AM

Maybe there is a chance. We are filling holes. It's possible they want to win now and have a QBOTF. Let Alex have a year to prove himself then move on to Geno. Alex would be very tradable after a year with his contract, and they are filling lots of holes. I'm saying we are trading down most likely, but if we keep it I won't be shocked to hear Geno's name called.

Chiefnj2 03-15-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9501827)
That's definitely a better comparison.

The Titans gave up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Hasselbeck?

Chiefnj2 03-15-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9501995)
I'm not anti-QB at 1.1 in any way, shape or form. There are all kinds of logical, well-thought out reasons why it would make sense to do it. I would do it, had I the power. But it isn't going to happen. Because it isn't a legitimate possibility. Not for this franchise. Allowing any glimmer of hope into your mind is just opening the door for crushing disappointment in a month.

Same thing happened with Cassel/Sanchez. A group of people held out hope the Chiefs would still take Sanchez even after giving up a 2nd for Cassel and speaking highly of him.

The Franchise 03-15-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9502042)
Same thing happened with Cassel/Sanchez. A group of people held out hope the Chiefs would still take Sanchez even after giving up a 2nd for Cassel and speaking highly of him.

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

We wouldn't be paying Geno Smith a $50-$60 million contract.

BossChief 03-15-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9502042)

Cassel wasn't a 29 year old QB that had a long history of being nothing more than a game manager. He still had upside.

Alex Smith is a known quantity...

An injury prone game manager that is a good game manager/stopgap.

Also, Geno will be cheap, where Sanchez would have cost 60m

Frazod 03-15-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9501903)
Be honest... you don't have a clue who this Chase Daniel guy is, do you?

The Daniel haters seem to be in two camps - Geno ballwashers who'd hate anybody the the Chiefs signed not named Geno, and angry beakers still butthurt about getting their shit pushed in back in 2007. I don't really give a crap about either group.

I have no idea whether Daniel will rise to the challenge if presented the opportunity - if he doesn't, I'll want him gone just as much as the next guy. But anybody who seriously thinks Chase sucks because he's been a "career backup" is too dumb to ****ing live.

BossChief 03-15-2013 12:04 PM

Andy Reids qbs in 2009

McNabb - second overall pick
Kolb - 36th pick
Vick - free agent signing

Look familiar to what we would have if we draft Geno?

Geno at 1
We traded the 34th pick for Alex
Signed Chase Daniels in FA

keg in kc 03-15-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502048)
Cassel wasn't a 29 year old QB that had a long history of being nothing more than a game manager. He still had upside

Wait, what?

Cassel had upside?!?! Whaaaa??? LMAO

Cassel was a 28-year old career clipboard-holder who'd never played in college, and had one unremarkable season calling plays for one of the most loaded offenses in the league. Upside? Who in the world outside of Scott Pioli's office ever thought for a second he'd be anything? You can at least make the (completely vacuous) argument that Alex Smith is on an upward career trajectory. Cassel was a complete non-entity.

Good grief, dude.

KC_Lee 03-15-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502057)
Andy Reids qbs in 2009

Kolb - 36th pick

Geno at 1

Mind....Blown....:thumb:

keg in kc 03-15-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9502051)
I have no idea whether Daniel will rise to the challenge if presented the opportunity

I'm sure he'll do a fine job of keeping the headphones propped on his noggin, making sure he has an excellent supply of working pens and fetching water and towels as the situation requires.

:evil:

patteeu 03-15-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9502037)
The Titans gave up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Hasselbeck?

Would they have to to make it a better comparison than Favre/Rodgers?

BossChief 03-15-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9502074)
Wait, what?

Cassel had upside?!?! Whaaaa??? LMAO

Cassel was a 28-year old career clipboard-holder who'd never played in college, and had one unremarkable season calling plays for one of the most loaded offenses in the league. Upside? Who in the world outside of Scott *****'s office ever thought for a second he'd be anything? You can at least make the (completely vacuous) argument that Alex Smith is on an upward career trajectory. Cassel was a complete non-entity.

Good grief, dude.

You posted this using hindsight.

The NFL absolutely thought the guy had upside.

patteeu 03-15-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Andy Reids qbs in 2009

Kolb - 36th pick

Geno at 1

Not really. Not really very similar at all. Almost the mirror opposite.

silver5liter 03-15-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9502092)
Not really. Not really very similar at all. Almost the mirror opposite.

Do explain

BigChiefFan 03-15-2013 12:20 PM

Still in the draft Geno camp. Let him sit for a year, trade Alex and we have our QB of the future.

keg in kc 03-15-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Andy Reids qbs in 2009

Kolb - 36th pick

Geno at 1

You realize you're trying to equate moves made over 10 years with one offseason, right? Not to mention comparing a 33 year old who'd been drafted at 2 ten years prior with a rookie #1, a 23-year old who'd been drafted at 36 two years prior with a 29-year old trade acquisition, and a 29-year old former #1 pick with years of starts with a 26-year old undrafted player who's attempted 9 passes in his career. I think I might call that reaching a bit.

jd1020 03-15-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Andy Reids qbs in 2009

Kolb - 36th pick

Geno at 1

1 problem. Reid didn't grab McNabb, Kolb, and Vick all in 1 offseason.

keg in kc 03-15-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502091)

No, I'm not. I said the same thing in 2009. And so did lots of other people.

DaKCMan AP 03-15-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Foresight:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...29&postcount=7
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...45&postcount=9
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=134

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-15-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9501262)
Yes... it is VAST media conspiracy to keep the Chiefs from ever having a franchise QB.

At this point, I can see no other excuse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-15-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9501282)
If Alex is such a bitch that he can't handle this team drafting for the future.....then he can go some place else.

AMEN.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 03-15-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9502101)
Do explain

In one case, the top of the draft QB is an over-the-hill shell of his former self and in the other, he's an unproven future-rookie. (McNabb vs GenoS)

In one case, the free agent signing is a seasoned vet with such tantalizing physical attributes he was selected 1.1 when he came out of college and in the other, he's a negligible-experience, career backup whose physical attributes kept him from getting drafted at all. (Vick vs Daniel)

In one case, the guy acquired with a 2nd round pick is a green, rookie and in the other he's a multi-year starter. (Kolb vs AlexS)

Edit: I see keg has already covered this.

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....&postcount=298
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....&postcount=132
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....&postcount=160
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....44&postcount=6
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....&postcount=453
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....3&postcount=12

Marcellus 03-15-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

And the NFL thinks Alex Smith is a huge upgrade right this minute. So you are saying..................

BossChief 03-15-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9502120)
No, I'm not. I said the same thing in 2009. And so did lots of other people.

I have a lot of posts from back then hating on Cassel, too...but we aren't NFL PEOPLE and that's clearly what I said.

To act as if teams didnt think Cassel had upside in 2009, is beyond silly.

Marcellus 03-15-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502236)
I have a lot of posts from back then hating on Cassel, too...but we aren't NFL PEOPLE and that's clearly what I said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9502234)
And the NFL thinks Alex Smith is a huge upgrade right this minute. So you are saying..................

?

BossChief 03-15-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9502220)
In one case, the top of the draft QB is an over-the-hill shell of his former self and in the other, he's an unproven future-rookie. (McNabb vs GenoS)

In one case, the free agent signing is a seasoned vet with such tantalizing physical attributes he was selected 1.1 when he came out of college and in the other, he's a negligible-experience, career backup whose physical attributes kept him from getting drafted at all. (Vick vs Daniel)

In one case, the guy acquired with a 2nd round pick is a green, rookie and in the other he's a multi-year starter. (Kolb vs AlexS)

Edit: I see keg has already covered this.

In 2008, McNabb had a damn good year. Almost 4000 yards 23:11...in 2009, he had over 3500 yards and 22:10

He wasnt an over the hill, sell of his former self till he got out side of shouting distance from Reid.

BossChief 03-15-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9502239)
?

I'm against the Alex move...what exactly are you asking me?

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502236)

Which NFL people? I'm not talking about media types like Peter King and so forth. Which NFL GM's and head coaches (besides those in NE that were hyping him for a draft choice) thought he was worth a $63 million dollar contract? And whoever they may have been, I hope they've since been fired.

FWIW, I just went back nine pages on Google and the only people that praised this trade were, you guessed it, Boston and New England media.

cdcox 03-15-2013 01:50 PM

CP > draft experts & GMs that were bitching about Geno for the last 3 months

The Franchise 03-15-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9502264)
Which NFL people? I'm not talking about media types like Peter King and so forth. Which NFL GM's and head coaches (besides those in NE that were hyping him for a draft choice) thought he was worth a $63 million dollar contract? And whoever they may have been, I hope they've since been fired.

FWIW, I just went back nine pages on Google and the only people that praised this trade were, you guessed it, Boston and New England media.

The Vikings were interested.

And it's not so much about the contract.....it was about the trade.

KC_Lee 03-15-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9502270)

Wasn't Denver a player in the Cassel, and I use this term lightly, sweepstakes? McDanniels ticked Cutler off so bad he was traded to Chicago.

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9502270)

I kind of remember Zygi Wolf stating some interest but they never followed up.

BTW, he's a moron.

http://www.vikingsgab.com/2009/02/16...sted-in-favre/

BossChief 03-15-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9502264)

I didn't say a word about the contract.

All I said was that the NFL saw upside in Cassel...it's true. TB, Minny, Denver and KC all wanted him.

Ming the Merciless 03-15-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9502239)
?

The NFL thought Cassel had an upside too, and sold that shit

The people that are stoked and say that 17 td and 5 int or 13 td and 5 int is somehow something that we should be jumping for joy over is amazing...

How is 175 yards per game and 1 td going to take this team anywhere?

how is that different from cassel, in all seriousness?

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502283)
TB, Minny, Denver and KC all wanted him.

Bullshit.

McDaniels and Pioli were the only true suitors of Cassel and can you guess why?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-15-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9502269)

This X Eleventy to the Billionth Power. And why I trust the CP process over ANY slapdick GM or media hack. Doubters; go **** yourselves none too gently.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-15-2013 01:58 PM

ACCORDING TO DANE MCCLOUD there were only two people in the NFL that thought Cassel had upside.

ROFL

I can post lots and lots of reports than Minnesota and Tampa wanted Cassel...but I don't have to because anyone with a brain can use google.

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502298)
ACCORDING TO DANE MCCLOUD there were only two people in the NFL that thought Cassel had upside.

ROFL

I can post lots and lots of reports than Minnesota and Tampa wanted Cassel...but I don't have to because anyone with a brain can use google.

Then post ONE of each.

RealSNR 03-15-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Terrible.

Oh shut the **** up.

He's Graham Harrell right now. Nobody ****ing knows what he is. He's a ****ing mystery box. That's what we were bidding on. A goddamn mystery box.

If we win the lottery, he's another Drew Brees. If we're moderately lucky, he'll be Matt Flynn. But more than likely, Chase Daniel type QBs wind up being career backups, where they hope and pray that they never get exposed as the Curtis Painter/Tyler Palko types that they really are.

I'm hoping and praying we're lucky this time, because with Alex's injury history, Daniel is probably going to see some playing time this year.

BossChief 03-15-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9502302)
Then post ONE of each.

No.

You have PROVEN over the last month or so that you are no longer capable of having regular discussions like we used to.

I could post a hundred reports and all you would say is "that reporter is junk" or "I know bob Sacamano and he said this never happened"

What's the point?

You have your thoughts cemented and it doesn't matter what anyone else presents as evidence.

I'm not gonna waste my time.

Fat Elvis 03-15-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Crowdsourcing is the new Moneyball.

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502314)
No.

You have PROVEN over the last month or so that you are no longer capable of having regular discussions like we used to.

I could post a hundred reports and all you would say is "that reporter is junk" or "I know bob Sacamano and he said this never happened"

What's the point?

You have your thoughts cemented and it doesn't matter what anyone else presents as evidence.

Nice.

So, you throw a bunch of shit out there, and guys like me, Keg and Mr. Awesome refute it with links.

Then you throw even MORE shit out there, say you can back it up, but can't.

LMAO

Just stop.

RealSNR 03-15-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9501995)

There it is. For a team like the Jets or Eagles or Redskins if they were in our position, QB at #1 would absolutely have to still be considered.

But the Kansas City Chiefs don't work that way. It's not in their DNA for some reason. Don't know if that's a Hunt thing or that they just unluckily happen to hire guys all the time who don't believe in investing at the QB position.

Ming the Merciless 03-15-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

CP > draft experts & GMs that now agree with CP, that geno is top 5+

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-15-2013 02:08 PM

There were five teams as rumored suitors for Cassel in the 2009 offseason.

The Franchise 03-15-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9502321)
There it is. For a team like the Jets or Eagles or Redskins if they were in our position, QB at #1 would absolutely have to still be considered.

But the Kansas City Chiefs don't work that way. It's not in their DNA for some reason. Don't know if that's a Hunt thing or that they just unluckily happen to hire guys all the time who don't believe in investing at the QB position.

I brought it up already....but what if the Texans were in our spot? Who would they take? I bet everyone would mock them Geno because Matt Schaub is average and they would be looking for the future. Nope...not the Chiefs though.

Ming the Merciless 03-15-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9502325)

not only that but after the chiefs announced their deal, there were articles on major publications implying the deal was way too good for the Chiefs , almost like ***** had some sort of scheme or inside advantage

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Right. One of them was by a NE blogger that claimed TB would give up their first in 2010 and a second in 2009. Denver was obviously in, as was KC. Minnesota was talked about but never really showed any interest.

I don't recall the fifth team but other than Denver and KC, there was no real, true interest.

If Tampa Bay offered a first and second rounder, Belichick would have taken that in a heartbeat.

Ming the Merciless 03-15-2013 02:12 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3942130

Quote:

How could the Patriots obtain only a second-round draft choice for a solid, young quarterback and a 12-year veteran leader, linebacker Mike Vrabel?

That mystery persisted Saturday after the Patriots announced the trade for the 34th pick in this year's draft, which the Chiefs earned with a franchise-worst 2-14 record.

Cassel, who hadn't started the previous seven seasons with Southern California and the Patriots, led New England to an 11-5 record, but no playoff berth, after Brady suffered a season-ending knee injury in the opener -- on a hit by Kansas City's Bernard Pollard, who said it was an "accident."

Cassel's steady improvement sent his stock soaring as he entered free agency.

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9502333)
not only that but after the chiefs announced their deal, there were articles on major publications implying the deal was way too good for the Chiefs , almost like ***** had some sort of scheme or inside advantage

Yeah, that was ESPN.

They often provide brilliant analysis.

BossChief 03-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

No no no no.

There were only two guys that thought Assel had upside.

Josh McDaniels and Scott Pioli.

I read that in this very thread.

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9502342)

Associated Press story, not even an ESPN writer.

For all we know, it was ****ing Adam Teicher that wrote that brilliant piece but it was probably Dennis Dillon.

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502348)
No no no no.

There were only two guys that thought Assel had upside.

Josh McDaniels and Scott *****.

I read that in this very thread.

You do understand what the word "Rumor" means, right?

BossChief 03-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9502333)

That's because only two people thought Cassel has upside in 2009.

Duh

Ming the Merciless 03-15-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9502343)
Yeah, that was ESPN.

They often provide brilliant analysis.

It was AP actually....but youre right.....everyone But Pioli thought cassel was crap and everyone knew it would fail but the Chiefs

BossChief 03-15-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9502314)
No.

What's the point?

Like I said...

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-15-2013 02:20 PM

Detroit was team five.

Ming the Merciless 03-15-2013 02:20 PM

Dane, seriously what is so different about Alex Smith that you are doing a complete 180 degree flip flop?

You are practically the guy that changed my mind about how important the QB position is.....I mean all I ever did was NOT rush to badmouth cassel...i never said anything good about him, and I got labeled a ball washer etc.....and got lectured about game managing QB....

flash forward to 2013, here is a guy i KNOW from watching 1st hand is exactly a game manager and has a majority of the traits YOU hated about cassel......

Please help me understand what you see in Alex smith that is so different than Cassel....That allows you to on one hand totally hate cassel yet on the other hand actually support Alex Smith...

Please

BossChief 03-15-2013 02:21 PM

The associated press and ESPN report that "Cassels stock was soaring going into free agency."

But bob sacamano said that never happened.