ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2013 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271256)

Nightfyre 03-19-2013 03:37 PM

Error 37? Damn you Blizzard! You ruined Diablo and now this!

Sorter 03-19-2013 03:46 PM

Now, there are two viable prospects here for the G-Men.

Kenny Vaccaro fits all of the measurables physically to play in Fewell's C2 philosophies and is a fantastic safety prospect. Additionally, his ability to play man in the slot ala Antrel Rolle would be exceptionally fantastic as Rolle isn't getting any younger and would allow Vaccaro to get limited reps in the slot this year and play safety in subs, allowing him to get his feet wet without throwing him to the wolves immediately.

However, the Giants really need an an elite TE prospect. Interestingly, one with a similar overall grade to Vaccaro is available. If the Pats hadn't been sneaky sons of bitches and stolen Jake Ballard, this decision would be easy. However, with the robbery of Ballard and Bennett leaving, there are no viable pass catching options for Big Blue.

However, I have to stay true to my philosophies and take the guy with the higher grade.

Thus, the Giants select Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas

Sorter 03-19-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9514218)
Tank Carradine? Is that who you are referring to?

Was referring to Jones. He'd have been an excellent SAM.

DeezNutz 03-19-2013 03:47 PM

You were probably just confused because CC called Lane Johnson the BPA.

Sorter 03-19-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9514289)
Maybe you should try not forgetting your new username, reerun. :p

LMAO

crazycoffey 03-19-2013 04:33 PM

Chicago selects; Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina

Rams Fan 03-19-2013 05:08 PM

Pick already, DaKCMan. :P

Oh, and **** you Sorter for taking my pick at 22.

Sorter 03-19-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9514483)
Pick already, DaKCMan. :P

Oh, and **** you Sorter for taking my pick at 22.

:)

Sfeihc 03-19-2013 06:08 PM

You two geniuses play nice and don't screw over the Six Kings.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-19-2013 06:22 PM

I'm king number 3. Just want to make sure err-one knows.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-19-2013 06:23 PM

So where's the jew? :)

Direckshun 03-19-2013 06:33 PM

Geoff Schwartz doesn't really look that Hebrew:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

Sorter 03-19-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9514662)
Geoff Schwartz doesn't really look that Hebrew:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

Half Asian?

DaKCMan AP 03-19-2013 08:20 PM

The Bengals get Andy Dalton & AJ Green some help with Keenan Allen, WR, Cal.

Sorter 03-19-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9514912)

Sanu is gonna be pissed!!!

Nightfyre 03-19-2013 08:23 PM

It's a BPA fit, really. Nice pick.

Sfeihc 03-19-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

!:cuss:!

Nightfyre 03-19-2013 08:24 PM

What would have been awesome is if Rams Fan took him with the next pick - two first round wide outs in the first round. LMAO

ChiefsCountry 03-19-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9514932)
What would have been awesome is if Rams Fan took him with the next pick - two first round wide outs in the first round. LMAO

That would have given the Rams, 2 first round picks at WR, 1 second round pick, and 2 3rd round picks at WR. All in the last 3 drafts.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Did not expect that.

Don't get me wrong; good pick. But don't you know there are still several SEC players on the board that you could've picked?

I didn't realize you knew the Pac 10 existed.

Nightfyre 03-19-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9514946)
That would have given the Rams, 2 first round picks at WR, 1 second round pick, and 2 3rd round picks at WR. All in the last 3 drafts.

And yet, still only two legitimate receiving options! Okay fine, three including Givens.

RealSNR 03-19-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9514946)

Sounds like the Chiefs and offensive linemen!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tKdcjJoXeEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaKCMan AP 03-19-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9514948)
Did not expect that.

Don't get me wrong; good pick. But don't you know there are still several SEC players on the board that you could've picked?

LMAO

We SEC teams watch other conferences games to see their "good" teams upset so we can get 1 or more or 1-loss teams in title games.

Saw a couple of Cal games this year and Keenan Allen is a freaking stud. Especially considering his half-brother QB is teh suck.

DeezNutz 03-19-2013 08:37 PM

You whispering eyes have about an hour/hour and a half to get to the lying, filth-ridden Donkeys or you're going to have to wait until morning to be dazzled by my mocking.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-19-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9514948)
Did not expect that.

Pac 12 n00b.

Nightfyre 03-19-2013 08:38 PM

It could happen.

KC_Lee 03-19-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9514954)
Sounds like the Chiefs and offensive linemen!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tKdcjJoXeEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or the Chiefs and defensive linemen...

Rams Fan 03-19-2013 10:14 PM

Wasn't taking 2 WRs in the 1st.

The St. Louis Rams select:

Matt Elam, S, Florida

Need a safety so ****ing bad.

Sfeihc 03-19-2013 10:21 PM

Welp, since Gator Boy ruined Rick Spielman's draft board the Vikings survey the situation. A player has fallen into their laps who likely will be gone by this point on draft day. Winfield was cut and they face Megatron, Brandon Marshall plus Green Bay twice a season. The Minnesota Vikings go BPA and select Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU.

Direckshun 03-19-2013 10:51 PM

The Colts continue the long-ass trek of transitioning a Cover 2 4-3 to a two-gap 3-4.

The Chiefs took about four years to complete this transition, because it's so radical and they had to invest a ton on their offense as well.

The good news is, the Colts offense is humming along pretty well.

The bad news is, the Colts badly need a passrusher or a nose tackle. The Colts bet they can get a starting nose tackle later in the draft, and there's no passrusher here that makes me jimmy in my jammies.

There are a couple DEs, but we just picked up a pretty good one in free agency and we do still have Cory Redding.

The value here is at wide receiver. That's where it's at. And Reggie Wayne is getting older. TY Hilton's pretty good but he's a third rounder, he's 5'9", and he can always play the slot if I find a good guy for the outside.

So I'm drawing a bit outside the lines here. I think Justin Hunter is the best WR on this board that you can't get in a later round. I think he's got a pretty good floor, and outstanding upside.

So the Colts take WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee, folks. Give Andrew Luck a dynamic series of receivers to help him stave off the sophomore slump.

Sfeihc 03-19-2013 10:56 PM

The Vikings are pleased this mountain of a man is still on the board. With the 25th pick in the draft from the Seattle Seahawks as part of the Percy Harvin trade the Minnesota Vikings select Johnathan Hankins, DT, OSU.

Sfeihc 03-19-2013 11:00 PM

Missing out on Allen hurt as I didn't feel like another WR was a top 25th pick that was still on the board. However, being able to add two talents the likes of Rhodes and Hankins to the defense is very nice fall back for the Vikings.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9515220)
The Vikings are pleased this mountain of a man is still on the board. With the 25th pick in the draft from the Seattle Seahawks as part of the Percy Harvin trade the Minnesota Vikings select Johnathan Hankins, DT, OSU.

You sir, are a sonofabitch.

Stupid Percy Harvin.

RealSNR 03-19-2013 11:16 PM

Okay, Packers. You claim you're all about best player available? Can you stick to your guns even though the offensive line was a mess when Bulaga went down and it remains to be seen if Derek Sherrod can fully recover? DJ Fluker is a mighty fine specimen of a RT here. You were talking about moving Bulaga to LT. You've got to protect Aaron Rodgers.

Well, this guy is pretty good in pass protection. He'll help out a little bit. In the meantime, EVEN THOUGH Jermichael Finley looks to be coming back, you can never have enough tough offensive weapons like this.

The Green Bay Packers select Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

U mad Pest? :D

DJ's left nut 03-19-2013 11:38 PM

Phew.

You know who has two thumbs and likes to get drunk on occasion? Yeah

<---- this guy.

You know who runs a 4.6, hits like a truck with the coverage skills of a safety and also likes to get drunk on occasion?

Alec Ogletree, ILB - Georgia...and the guy I was dead certain I was going to lose to DaKcMan.

So what if he's probably going to get thrown out of the league in three years - my alternative after DaKcMan stole the either guy I was thinking about here was a fatbody and fatbodies are boring.

BossChief 03-20-2013 01:49 AM

Shit...was hoping Eifert or Ogletre would be there when I pick.

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9515256)
Phew.

You know who has two thumbs and likes to get drunk on occasion? Yeah

<---- this guy.

You know who runs a 4.6, hits like a truck with the coverage skills of a safety and also likes to get drunk on occasion?

Alec Ogletree, ILB - Georgia...and the guy I was dead certain I was going to lose to DaKcMan.

So what if he's probably going to get thrown out of the league in three years - my alternative after DaKcMan stole the either guy I was thinking about here was a fatbody and fatbodies are boring.

Bengals were going to take Ogletree until Rey Rey re-signed 2 days ago.

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 08:39 AM

Tough pick. A lot of guys whom Denver wanted to be there came off the board within shouting distance of their slot. So...DE is a need. Tank is a consideration, but there isn't much tape on this player, and the injury is a concern. There's a DT I love, but he doesn't fit the scheme, and I'm not impressed with the rest of the tweeners.

So, we'll fill another area of concern because we're in full-on, win-now mode because Manning's neck isn't getting any younger:

Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

Marco Polo 03-20-2013 08:49 AM

After the Amendola signing, New England's #2 WR is Donald Jones. Although they have Gronk and Hernandez as receiving threats, they need another WR to give Brady another option and one falls in their lap without reaching.

The New England Patriots select WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-20-2013 08:58 AM

Some guys coming off the board before I expected them too. I need to reevaluate. The Eagles 2nd round pick won't come before late afternoon to early evening if we get there that fast.

The Franchise 03-20-2013 09:46 AM

3rd round now in the OP including comp picks.

Direckshun 03-20-2013 09:52 AM

Welp, just realized that Indy traded away its second rounder, but I drafted in the 1st as if Indy still had it.

Meh well. Happens when you get little more than a weekend to research your team.

RealSNR 03-20-2013 09:59 AM

BossChief PMed me his pick.

The Atlanta Falcons select Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

The Franchise 03-20-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9515755)
BossChief PMed me his pick.

The Atlanta Falcons select Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

Make sure you PM Nightfyre.

Oh and :cuss:

RealSNR 03-20-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9515764)
Make sure you PM Nightfyre.

Already did.

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 11:22 AM

The 49ers select Eric Reid, S, Lsu

I'm on my phone, can someone pm the next person please?

Titty Meat 03-20-2013 12:01 PM

Ravens have lost a couple players in the secondary and needed some help there anyway.

Ravens select Johnathan Banks CB Mississippi State

The Franchise 03-20-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9516036)
Ravens have lost a couple players in the secondary and needed some help there anyway.

Ravens select Johnathan Banks CB Mississippi State

:cuss:

Frosty 03-20-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9515764)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9516050)
:cuss:

Looks like the Jags better trade up IRL.

The Franchise 03-20-2013 12:19 PM

The Jaguars have NOTHING at CB. Literally nothing.

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State.

RealSNR 03-20-2013 12:24 PM

I like Poyer better than Slay, but it still shouldn't be considered that much of a reach. Either player is starting-calibre, which is still a great player at the top of the 2nd round by any measure.

The Franchise 03-20-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9516086)
I like Poyer better than Slay, but it still shouldn't be considered that much of a reach. Either player is starting-calibre, which is still a great player at the top of the 2nd round by any measure.

I was deciding between Poyer, Slay and Amerson.

crazycoffey 03-20-2013 12:51 PM

Shit, a run at CBs

Direckshun 03-20-2013 02:27 PM

More like a run on reaches.

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 02:47 PM

Man the 9ers are pissed off at this run on CBs.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9516352)
Man the 9ers are pissed off at this run on CBs.

If they had a brain in their heads they'd go ahead and sign Sam Shields. I think it would cost them their 2nd, which is more than worth getting a good young CB like Shields.

Or worst case scenario is that they force GB to pony up to sign him.

The Franchise 03-20-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9516305)

*cough* Justin Hunter *cough*

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 03:26 PM

It seems like there should be better value here - but I am just going to have to go for it - The 49ers draft Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

The dude is a bonafide freak who should get some of the best coaching in SF giving them some additional depth which is clearly needed in the event Justin Smith gets injured.

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 03:26 PM

I was hoping that Rhodes or Eifert would make his way to Denver's spot, and Trufant was indeed a consideration. But I'm just not sold on the DT/DE options late in the first.

What say you, gents? Also, I'm interested in the overall views of Lacy. I see him as beastly, just as I did last year when he was relieving Richardson.

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 03:29 PM

I did a stupid amount of hand wringing over my last pick. I literally must have typed 6 different names and then changed my mind. And I considered probably a dozen players.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-20-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9516455)
It seems like there should be better value here - but I am just going to have to go for it - The 49ers draft Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

The dude is a bonafide freak who should get some of the best coaching in SF giving them some additional depth which is clearly needed in the event Justin Smith gets injured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9516466)
I did a stupid amount of hand wringing over my last pick. I literally must have typed 6 different names and then changed my mind. And I considered probably a dozen players.

I only considered two. And you took one of them. So that makes my pick very easy. The Eagles are transitioning into a 3-4 defense which as Direckshun pointed out earlier is an incredibly difficult and tedious task. Since Sheriff Floyd was already gone for our first round selection, the Philadelphia Eagles select Sylvester Williams DE from North Carolina with their 2nd round selection.

I really like this kids motor, and while I know he's had some issues, Chip Kelly is a great guy to get the most out of this kid. We're going to slide him to the end position and let him hold down the fort. There were tons of other guys who I thought would be here for this pick, but they started falling off early, and often. Overall though, I believe the Eagles get a guy that will probably be drafted in the 1st round of the real draft. I'll PM the next mocker.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9516476)
I only considered two. And you took one of them. So that makes my pick very easy. The Eagles are transitioning into a 3-4 defense which as Direckshun pointed out earlier is an incredibly difficult and tedious task. Since Sheriff Floyd was already gone for our first round selection, the Philadelphia Eagles select Sylvester Williams DE from North Carolina with their 2nd round selection.

I really like this kids motor, and while I know he's had some issues, Chip Kelly is a great guy to get the most out of this kid. We're going to slide him to the end position and let him hold down the fort. There were tons of other guys who I thought would be here for this pick, but they started falling off early, and often. Overall though, I believe the Eagles get a guy that will probably be drafted in the 1st round of the real draft. I'll PM the next mocker.

Idiot.

Everyone knows that you have to take your 5-tech in the top 5.

Titty Meat 03-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9516305)

Banks isn't a reach moron.

Sfeihc 03-20-2013 03:56 PM

As usual the Leos have more holes than a block of aged Swiss cheese. With their 2nd round pick the Detroit Lions select Arthur Brown, LB, KSU.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-20-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9516510)
Idiot.

Everyone knows that you have to take your 5-tech in the top 5.

:facepalm: I'm a dumbass. I just don't have enough Pioli training...

Sfeihc 03-20-2013 04:06 PM

The Lions let Justin Durant walk in FA, resigned DeAndre Levy and still have Steven Tulloch. A new starting LB is sorely needed and Art Brown fits the bill. Brown is one of the safer players in the draft.

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 04:10 PM

I almost went with Brown for the 9ers. I just couldn't justify taking a BACKUP ILB/SLB that high in my mind.

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2013 04:13 PM

The Bengals have yet to re-sign Andre Smith, OT, Alabama.. To remedy this the Bengals now select DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama.

Sfeihc 03-20-2013 04:19 PM

It was between Brown and Fluker for Detroit, Gator Boy. Maybe the Leos will sign Smith to play RT? They love themselves some Jason Fox to play RT. I don't love it, they do.

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9516586)
It was between Brown and Fluker for Detroit, Gator Boy. Maybe the Leos will sign Smith to play RT? They love themselves some Jason Fox to play RT. I don't love it, they do.

If Fluker was off the board the 'gals likely would have nabbed AB.

Sfeihc 03-20-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9516591)
If Fluker was off the board the 'gals likely would have nabbed AB.

You and I just might be sharing a brain in this here mock so far(Still smarting over the Allen pick). BTW, the second round should be renamed The DaKCMan AP Folly with four picks in this round.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9516579)
The Bengals have yet to re-sign Andre Smith, OT, Alabama.. To remedy this the Bengals now select DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama.

Dammit!

The Chargers were going to go full truefan. LT in the 1st, RT in the 2nd.

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9516602)
Dammit!

Never go full true-fan. You're welcome.

Direckshun 03-20-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9516602)
Dammit!

That idea was so stupid, it just might have worked.

And by might have worked, I mean not have worked.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9516627)
That idea was so stupid, it just might have worked.

And by might have worked, I mean not have worked.

Have you ever seen Phillip Rivers try to deal with pressure?

That entire O-Line needs to be overhauled. They could go T, T, G, G and it wouldn't be the dumbest thing in the world.

As I've looked this roster over more, the less scared I am of the Chargers. That team has fallen to shit.

milkman 03-20-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9516579)

That's good value for a RT.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-20-2013 05:01 PM

Had I known Fluker would last until the 2nd, I probably take Milliner in the 1st. Good value pick.

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 05:09 PM

I'm going to start the run right now.

This is a dire need, and I'm taking a great athlete with strong upside, prototypical size, and a great arm:

EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 05:11 PM

I'm not gonna lie, I thought about Manuel for the 9ers just to mess up everyone else's day. But then, I was like "he's not even the best QB on your board right now."

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9516696)
I'm not gonna lie, I thought about Manuel for the 9ers just to mess up everyone else's day. But then, I was like "he's not even the best QB on your board right now."

I think AZ will have to hop Philly in April to get this guy. Just don't see Nassib and Glennon as legit QBs in the league, but, hell, I wanted us to draft Sanchez.