ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

beach tribe 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9520625)

They look like a couple Mos in that pic.

ChiefsCountry 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

Jockel isn't even the best NFL prospect tackle on that team, yet he is suppose to go #1. Welcome to Brian Joziak Part II.

The Franchise 03-22-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9520743)
Jockel isn't even the best NFL prospect tackle on that team, yet he is suppose to go #1. Welcome to Brian Joziak Part II.

I'd rather play Albert under the tag this year and draft Jake Matthews next year.

DeezNutz 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9520719)
If Scott ***** drafted Joeckel and traded for Alex Smith, what would you say?

You need to divorce the individual making the decisions from the decisions themselves.

We're going to be coming dangerously close to replicating the major tenets of the Scott Pioli plan, but rather than letting Albert walk, we'll receive some compensation.

Thus, Doreid have shown to possess at slightly greater common sense. But acquiring Alex Smith, at the price they paid, is asinine in every possible way, and this is a play directly from Pioli's handbook of dumb****ery.

But we need to "give the new regime the benefit of the doubt," apparently. Why? No clue.

O.city 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

I did read somewhere that scouts think Matthews will be better suited at lt than joeckel

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9520708)
Not really, with the scheme he was playing in and the QB that he was protecting has really helped his draft stock and to disguise his weaknesses.

LOL Go look at 2010 and 2011

ChiefsCountry 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9520745)
I'd rather play Albert under the tag this year and draft Jake Matthews next year.

Yep. Jake Matthews is the true stud prospect down in College Station.

nychief 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

I think they see Joekel as a big upgrade over Albert, not a lateral move as many have suggested.

DaKCMan AP 03-22-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9520755)
I think they see Joekel as a big upgrade over Albert, not a lateral move as many have suggested.

How big of an upgrade do you expect when the guy you're replacing gave up 1 sack? Talk about marginal return.

saphojunkie 03-22-2013 10:33 AM

So, option A)

Branden Albert
Geno Smith
#34 overall draft pick

VS.

Luke Joeckel
Alex Smith
#42 overall draft pick

I will take column A every day of the ****ing week.

The absolutely ONLY way they can begin to recover from this cluster**** is to trade out of the first spot with Buffalo, get a 2104 first rounder, and still get Eric Fisher.

Otherwise, what the **** was any of this for?

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9520735)
I do not like any of this, but I really don't see it as a lateral move. Yes, it's LT for LT, but Albert is 7 years older. That is huge in this league.

Not drinking the Kool-aide, just trying to cope. :)

He might be 7 years younger, but some guys in this thread are acting like Albert's tank is on empty. Albert should have 4-5 more years of productive play in him. So for the next 4-5 years, the move is still a wash....unless of course your only argument is that it's going to save them money....which is a lame argument imo.

philfree 03-22-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJay (Post 9520707)
I am thinking they really like Ryan Nassib out of Syracuse..

We would basically trading Albert (while replacing him with a better prospect coming out of college in Joeckel) and getting Alex Smith and Ryan Nassib...

That is how am looking at it, anyway..

I doubt Reid doubles up Syracuse QBs.

MahiMike 03-22-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9520718)
What?

Another incoming regime that doesn't respect their OL.

ChiefsCountry 03-22-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9520750)
I did read somewhere that scouts think Matthews will be better suited at lt than joeckel

Everybody knows that. Hell A&M put Matthews on the right side because he is a better run blocker than Jockel and wanted to put both of them on the field. I really don't get the hard on for Jockel at all.

suds79 03-22-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Well if they take a LT 1.1, he'd better f-in be a upgrade over Albert.

Realistic or not, when you take a LT 1.1, that's what you'd better get.

The Franchise 03-22-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520760)
He might be 7 years younger, but some guys in this thread are acting like Albert's tank is on empty. Albert should have 4-5 more years of productive play in him. So for the next 4-5 years, the move is still a wash....unless of course your only argument is that it's going to save them money....which is a lame argument imo.

The save money argument is a meh argument anyways. If we draft Joeckel...his full contract is guaranteed.

ChiefsCountry 03-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9520757)
How big of an upgrade do you expect when the guy you're replacing gave up 1 sack? Talk about marginal return.

With Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn at quarterback. That makes that stat even more impressive.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-22-2013 10:35 AM

"Don't judge Alex and Luke, this is an evaluation year."

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

What about the 9 he gave up in 2009 and 7 in 2010?

PRIEST 03-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9520697)
I'm not really the Geno crowd. I think most fans around here can see that we're replacing a player that doesn't need replaced and pissing away a 1st round pick in the process. This draft represents so much hope and these guys are pissing it away. We're going to swap LTs and we've we brought in a marginal upgrade at QB and we'll have given up the 1.1 and the 2.2. That's pissing away the best draft picks you can have.

Yep

B14ckmon 03-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9520681)
Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. Try to keep up.

Reid has been Sanduskying over Joeckel since Joeckel was probably in middle school.

Try to keep up.

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJay (Post 9520741)
The Chiefs also were believed to be impressed with Syracuse's Ryan Nassib and Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert, both of whom they likely could get in later rounds.
-------------
I have the link to this statement, but the site won't let me post it..

Just one of the many..

It's not "one of Many"....im positive it was something that was said during the Senior Bowl, in which nearly every QB, including Tyler Wilson, had been linked to the Chiefs. Beyond that, there really isn't any evidence to suggest that they are hot on Nassib.

DaKCMan AP 03-22-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9520770)
What about the 9 he gave up 2 years ago?

What does that have to do with anything? Are we trading Albert from 2 years ago or Albert now?

JFC you're stupid.

Tribal Warfare 03-22-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9520766)
Well if they take a LT 1.1, he'd better f-in be a upgrade over Albert.

Realistic or not, when you take a LT 1.1, that's what you'd better get.

yep Roaf/Ogden/Boselli type of play.

saphojunkie 03-22-2013 10:39 AM

Look at the bright side, guys. If we trade Albert, at least we'll never have to listen to anyone suggest moving him to guard again.

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9520774)
What does that have to do with anything? Are we trading Albert from 2 years ago or Albert now?

JFC you're stupid.

The 2 year rule only applies to Alex Smith. Err....1.5 year rule i should say.

Try to keep up.

DaKCMan AP 03-22-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9520778)
yep Roaf/Ogden/Boselli type of play.

Only 3 OT's have EVER been taken 1.1.

Ron Yary - Hall of Famer

Orlando Pace - Future Hall of Famer

Jake Long - Not HOF.

IMO, if you take Joeckel at 1.1 he better have a Hall of Fame career. Anything otherwise is a bust.

The Franchise 03-22-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9520782)
Look at the bright side, guys. If we trade Albert, at least we'll never have to listen to anyone suggest moving him to guard again.

Really? Just wait....

Next year....it will be that we should move Joeckel to RT and draft Matthews to play LT because "look how good they were at Texas A&M together"!

DaneMcCloud 03-22-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9520730)
That wasn't predictable at all....

---

This has absolutely nothing to do with Geno Smith...this has to do with the fact that we are wasting the top pick on a lateral move.

Shut the **** up.

You're the dumb **** that thought that Ricky Stanzi was worth a second round pick in 2011 and recently re-iterated that you'd STILL spend a second rounder on him.

Your player evaluations are ****ing horrible. Your football knowledge is horrible. You make all these crazy assed assumptions every ****ing day, just to hear yourself talk.

You're so divorced from reality that it's not only laughable, it's frightening.

saphojunkie 03-22-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9520785)
Really? Just wait....

Next year....it will be that we should move Joeckel to RT and draft Matthews to play LT because "look how good they were at Texas A&M together"!

I see the truth in it.

http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/803/0...link_large.jpg

DaneMcCloud 03-22-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9520782)

:clap:

nychief 03-22-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

1 sack in 9 games, right? He was down with a back injury for a large part of the season. I'm just saying - these guys must see Joekel as a significant upgrade... not simply a lateral move. I think a lot factors into that - joekel is the consensus best player, younger, cheaper and better.

L.A. Chieffan 03-22-2013 10:44 AM

Theres nothing wrong with any of this. You guys always argue about hoe overrated tackles are and list all the SB winning tackles blah..blah... all i gotta say is bye

The Franchise 03-22-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9520797)
1 sack in 9 games, right? He was down with a back injury for a large part of the season. I'm just saying - these guys must see Joekel as a significant upgrade... not simply a lateral move. I think a lot factors into that - joekel is the consensus best player, younger, cheaper and better.

Consensus best player? Dude isn't even the consensus best LT.

ChiefsCountry 03-22-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9520805)

He isn't even the best OT at his own school.

slimdagreat 03-22-2013 10:45 AM

As someone that shares the same name with Branden Albert (only difference is my first name is Brandon) this pains me

Bewbies 03-22-2013 10:47 AM

Maybe it's because I'm a dad now, but I find it harder and harder to care about any of this.

BossChief 03-22-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9520719)
If Scott ***** drafted Joeckel and traded for Alex Smith, what would you say?

You need to divorce the individual making the decisions from the decisions themselves.

Exactly. If Pioli was in charge of these moves, NOBODY would approve.

L.A. Chieffan 03-22-2013 10:48 AM

What do you guys think theyll do with 2nd rounder now? Maybe we can flip him to the Lions or Eagles. THe Lions are kind of dumb

Bewbies 03-22-2013 10:48 AM

I don't know if Pioli would have traded for Smith, but he would have let Albert go and drafted LT at 1.

B14ckmon 03-22-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9520813)
What do you guys think theyll do with 2nd rounder now? Maybe we can flip him to the Lions or Eagles. THe Lions are kind of dumb

Lions used their #1 pick on a franchise QB.

RunKC 03-22-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9520743)

I don't understand this line of thinking. If Jake Mathews is better, than why was he the RT?

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9520797)

He's younger and he's cheaper. But better? You have no proof of that.

Albert is a fringe Pro Bowl Caliber Tackle. He's a proven commodity. Stats would suggest he's a top 10.

So to say Joeckel is better is foolish.

And i doubt they view him as "significantly" better. Clearly, they think Albert is a Franchise Caliber player. If they didn't, they wouldn't Franchise tag him to the tune of nearly 10m.

Sadly, i DO think cost is a significant factor in this move.

But as a fan, why should you care about how much a player costs? Especially after they've already over paid for "meh" players this offseason?

Your concern should be about putting the best product on the field, and swapping a fringe Pro Bowler for a Pro Bowler at best (which I doubt Joeckel will be as long as he's blocking for Alex Smith) is't a significant upgrade.

suds79 03-22-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9520811)
Maybe it's because I'm a dad now, but I find it harder and harder to care about any of this.

I'm with you.

Maybe it's a self preservation move but I'd say ever since a few years ago, I just realized that I love the team, I root for them and all but they don't consult me or ask what I would do. I have no say whatsoever. So why take it personally when they lose? And now I don't.

I guess I've grown more apathetic towards the team more so over the years.

That's why I'm over the fact that they won't draft Geno. I'm over that they traded for Alex. etc. I think it's mistake but all I can do is hope it works out. If it doesn't? No big deal.

ChiefsCountry 03-22-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9520821)
I don't understand this line of thinking. If Jake Mathews is better, than why was he the RT?

I explained this earlier dumb dumb. He is the better run blocker than Jockel and they wanted both on the field.

nychief 03-22-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9520805)

Consensus is Not Unanimity.

O.city 03-22-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9520821)

Cause joeckel couldn't play rt and they wanted both on the field at the same time.

If you look, joeckel doesn't really have elite measurables. I'd rather have fisher tbh

L.A. Chieffan 03-22-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9520819)
Lions used their #1 pick on a franchise QB.

Or so they think, Stafford really isnt that good. But anyways what does that have to do with this years 2nd?

RunKC 03-22-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9520784)
Only 3 OT's have EVER been taken 1.1.

Ron Yary - Hall of Famer

Orlando Pace - Future Hall of Famer

Jake Long - Not HOF.

IMO, if you take Joeckel at 1.1 he better have a Hall of Fame career. Anything otherwise is a bust.

If you have the #1 pick, you better expect any player you take to have a Hall of Fame career.

bevischief 03-22-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9520811)

I am too busy laughing at all this...

Bewbies 03-22-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9520824)
I'm with you.

Maybe it's a self preservation move but I'd say ever since a few years ago, I just realized that I love the team, I root for them and all but they don't consult me or ask what I would do. I have no say whatsoever. So why take it personally when they lose? And now I don't.

I guess I've grown more apathetic towards the team more so over the years.

Last year I mostly pointed at my tv and laughed. I was really excited to get the #1 pick so I'd have a shiny new QB to watch grow.

Oops.

B14ckmon 03-22-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9520829)
Or so they think, Stafford really isnt that good. But anyways what does that have to do with this years 2nd?

I was responding to the comment about them being dumb.

And Stafford is good.

RunKC 03-22-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9520825)
I explained this earlier dumb dumb. He is the better run blocker than Jockel and they wanted both on the field.

In our offense I'd rather have the guy who has proven to be a better pass blocker.

And he was, as seen by his play.

Joeckel has also never been hurt before to my knowledge. You think Reid and Dorsey are wanting to pay big money to a LT that misses games every season?

Hammock Parties 03-22-2013 10:53 AM

Picking any LT at 1.1 is a really bad idea.

The player will forever be compared to Albert, and if he's not significantly, better, the pick is a waste.

These assholes better trade down even IF they trade Albert.

Also I'm fairly certain Joeckel is going to be a horrendous run blocker, so that makes Charles less effective.

Woohoo!

L.A. Chieffan 03-22-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9520835)
I was responding to the comment about them being dumb.

And Stafford is good.

Meh, I feel much more confident with Alex.

Mr. Laz 03-22-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

He better be.

Alex Smith better be a big upgrade over Cassel

(he needs to be Cassel + 2.2 pk worth improvement)

Joeckel better be a big upgrade over albert

(he basically has to be albert + 1.1 pk worth. Is Joeckel worth Albert + Geno Smith?)

If not this offseason has been a gigantic waste of time and Reid/Dorsey can go **** themselves.

Fritz88 03-22-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9520655)
This is what I've expected all along. A second round pick this year along with a fifth or so at some point. If they can get it, more power to them.

Despite what's been said in this thread, Albert is neither young nor indispensable. He's 28 years old and will turn 29 mid-season. He had issues with back spasms that caused him to miss the better part of five games. No one knows if he can stay healthy for the next five seasons and if not, he is not worth $10 million per year in cap space. That's reeruned.

Trading Albert and drafting a Joekel, Fisher or Lane is a calculated risk. But when your new front office is dealing with one of the worst football teams in the NFL over the course of the past 20 years, calculated risks will be necessary from time to time.

Well said. Jockel over the next five years won't cost as much as Albert in the next five.

A second and a third/fourth and I'll forgive the high price paid for Alex.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner 03-22-2013 10:55 AM

A second in next year's draft and no team is biting...

wut is wrong with 31 NFL GM's:deevee:

Molitoth 03-22-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9520787)
Shut the **** up.

You're the dumb **** that thought that Ricky Stanzi was worth a second round pick in 2011 and recently re-iterated that you'd STILL spend a second rounder on him.

Your player evaluations are ****ing horrible. Your football knowledge is horrible. You make all these crazy assed assumptions every ****ing day, just to hear yourself talk.

You're so divorced from reality that it's not only laughable, it's frightening.

Apparently the public Apology for being such a crank ass was sincere.

nychief 03-22-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520823)
He's younger and he's cheaper. But better? You have no proof of that.

Albert is a fringe Pro Bowl Caliber Tackle. He's a proven commodity. Stats would suggest he's a top 10.

So to say Joeckel is better is foolish.

And i doubt they view him as "significantly" better. Clearly, they think Albert is a Franchise Caliber player. If they didn't, they wouldn't Franchise tag him to the tune of nearly 10m.

Sadly, i DO think cost is a significant factor in this move.

But as a fan, why should you care about how much a player costs? Especially after they've already over paid for "meh" players this offseason?

Your concern should be about putting the best product on the field, and swapping a fringe Pro Bowler for a Pro Bowler at best (which I doubt Joeckel will be as long as he's blocking for Alex Smith) is't a significant upgrade.

I'm saying THE CHIEFS think he is better.... you are right, there is no way to know, yet.... just like there is no way to know what Geno will become. But actions speak here... they are going to take him and trade Albert. You can call them stupid, that is fine, but it is obvious to see where there heads are - they think Joeckel is a better player. As for the franchise semantics, lets not pretend like every player tagged is considered "franchise," just because the CBA calls the tag that.

O.city 03-22-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9520836)
In our offense I'd rather have the guy who has proven to be a better pass blocker.

And he was, as seen by his play.

Joeckel has also never been hurt before to my knowledge. You think Reid and Dorsey are wanting to pay big money to a LT that misses games every season?

Well they've already committed to pay him big money, so?

Scouts are already saying Matthews projects to be a better lt prospect than joeckel. Like we all talked about, joeckel a measurablea aren't elite they're average.

There has/ will be a joeckel in about every draft. I don't thin thee is a guy with fishers upside that often

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9520844)
Well said. Jockel over the next five years won't cost as much as Albert in the next five.

A second and a third/fourth and I'll forgive the high price paid for Alex.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why do you care how much he costs? Is it your money?

And so what if they save 5 mill a year. Does that mean they are going to go out and spend it on some high quality player (as if you could get one for that 5mill....)? The Chiefs have a history of that?

hometeam 03-22-2013 11:00 AM

If you trade albert for a 2/3 and draft an LT at one all you have done is trade 1.1 for Alex Smith.

what the ****.

RunKC 03-22-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9520849)
Well they've already committed to pay him big money, so?

Scouts are already saying Matthews projects to be a better lt prospect than joeckel. Like we all talked about, joeckel a measurablea aren't elite they're average.

There has/ will be a joeckel in about every draft. I don't thin thee is a guy with fishers upside that often

That's understandable and I would love to have Fisher too, but here's what we should realize.

What players in this draft are better pure football players than Joeckel or Fisher?

Those 2 are easily the best in this class.

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9520845)
A second in next year's draft and no team is biting...

wut is wrong with 31 NFL GM's:deevee:

Why would they bite? How many LT's have you seen get traded for a 2nd round pick? Honest question, because i can't remember the last one.

LTs can be found in this draft....hell in every draft....Albert was a 17th overall iirc.

Every damn year there is some "elite" lt in the draft. Never fails....it also never fails that that LT is mocked to the Chiefs, lol.

And for the record, i don't think the Chiefs will trade Albert. I also don't think they will draft Joeckel.

If they do draft Joeckel, i think it'll be because they think they can't retain Albert, not because they think Joeckel is significantly better.

It smells like a cost cutting move.

mcaj22 03-22-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520740)
It'll be interesting to see who the fans turn on first if a lot of sacks are given up.

Is it Jockel's fault for letting them through, or Smith's fault for holding onto the ball too long?

injury prone veteran QB behind inexperienced young offensive line

yep that screams 6-10 with Chase Daniel starting half the season

BossChief 03-22-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9520748)
We're going to be coming dangerously close to replicating the major tenets of the Scott ***** plan, but rather than letting Albert walk, we'll receive some compensation.

Thus, Doreid have shown to possess at slightly greater common sense. But acquiring Alex Smith, at the price they paid, is asinine in every possible way, and this is a play directly from *****'s handbook of dumb****ery.

But we need to "give the new regime the benefit of the doubt," apparently. Why? No clue.

Because if they don't ignore the similarities, they have to deal with the reality.

Herds of posters are in the rationalizing state of this, dare I say, Process2.

mcaj22 03-22-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520860)
Why would they bite? How many LT's have you seen get traded for a 2nd round pick? Honest question, because i can't remember the last one.

LTs can be found in this draft....hell in every draft....Albert was a 17th overall iirc.

the answer to this is....

Andy Reid traded a 28th? overall first rounder for LT Jason Peters

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9520865)
the answer to this is....

Andy Reid traded a 28th? overall first rounder for LT Jason Peters

Ah ok. Yeah, i really didn't know.

KC native 03-22-2013 11:04 AM

Un****ing believable. **** this franchise.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-22-2013 11:04 AM

Alex Smith getting KTFOd wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Then we can pass on another crop of young QBs next year and have the same lively and original debate over QB prospects that we've had every year since 2009.

ptlyon 03-22-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9520867)
Un****ing believable. **** this franchise.

No shit. Just trade him to SF & get our shit back

Ace Gunner 03-22-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520860)

Every damn year there is some "elite" lt in the draft. Never fails....it also never fails that that LT is mocked to the Chiefs, lol.

And for the record, i don't think the Chiefs will trade Albert. I also don't think they will draft Joeckel.

If they do draft Joeckel, i think it'll be because they think they can't retain Albert, not because they think Joeckel is significantly better.

It smells like a cost cutting move.

well, ya :D Dane nailed it.

The Franchise 03-22-2013 11:10 AM

I'll take Kyle Long at LT over Luke Joeckel.

Chiefnj2 03-22-2013 11:10 AM

Why would any team give up that much for Albert when they know KC is caught between a rock and a hard place?

Things going against KC:
- There are still some quality tackles available in free agency where you don't have to give up two draft picks.
- If they don't take a tackle at 1.1 who else are they going to take? It isn't going to be a QB. They are going to use a #1 on Milliner, or a questionable DT? This draft sucks to have the #1.
- Albert's back spasms may spook teams from having to give a big paycheck and draft picks.
- If they take a tackle and Albert is on the roster KC has essentially drafted a RT (for the year), or they are dealing with a disgruntled Branden.

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9520856)
That's understandable and I would love to have Fisher too, but here's what we should realize.

What players in this draft are better pure football players than Joeckel or Fisher?

Those 2 are easily the best in this class.

Geno? You know the guy all of the teams in the top 10 that need a QB are salivating over.

kcfanXIII 03-22-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9520665)
TE and WR not better? QB is ten times better

False

DTLB58 03-22-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9520517)
so they are trying to use Albert to recover the cost of Alex Smith?

Appears so. From this story. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...randen-albert/

The Chiefs will seek a second-round pick in this year’s draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for Albert, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports. We don’t yet know what that other pick in 2014 would be, but it could be a conditional pick designed to replace the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs gave up for Smith.

DTLB58 03-22-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9520525)
I don't mind this at all. I think that is more than fair. I think we overrate Albert a bit...I think he's solid, don't get me wrong...but he's not a world beater and he is coming off an injury.

I think people need to settle down on this board.

Well, you gotta find someone to give you that much first.

I think, this information makes it less likely a deal will get done if, the Chiefs stand by these demands.

Fritz88 03-22-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520851)
Why do you care how much he costs? Is it your money?

And so what if they save 5 mill a year. Does that mean they are going to go out and spend it on some high quality player (as if you could get one for that 5mill....)? The Chiefs have a history of that?

Yup, saving 25 millions over five years won't help in signing, re-signing players.

Drop that pipe.
Posted via Mobile Device