ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271442)

hometeam 12-13-2013 10:32 PM

Just walked in from the 3d movie. Was very good, though

Spoiler!

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-14-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10275685)
Just walked in from the 3d movie. Was very good, though

Yup Great movie and i agree with your spoiler.

RunKC 12-14-2013 05:45 PM

Just got back. Loved it.

Can't wait until the next one comes out.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-15-2013 11:58 AM

Evangeline Lilly was just hot in this movie.

Sure-Oz 12-15-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10277926)
Evangeline Lilly was just hot in this movie.

Yeah and in Real Steel as well

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 12-15-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10277960)

Spoiler!

Not enough material to fill three, 3 hour movies from 300 page book.

Sure-Oz 12-15-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10277982)
Not enough material to fill three, 3 hour movies from 300 page book.

Yeah, basically. I enjoyed the 2nd one, even though it was a little slow for a bit.

Zebedee DuBois 12-15-2013 02:32 PM

Saw the 3D this weekend at the late showing. I generally enjoyed it, but it dragged in places. Even some of the action sequences seemed overly orchestrated/predictable. I actually dozed off at one point and my wife woke me when I started to snore.

Brock 12-15-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 10278352)
Saw the 3D this weekend at the late showing. I generally enjoyed it, but it dragged in places. Even some of the action sequences seemed overly orchestrated/predictable. I actually dozed off at one point and my wife woke me when I started to snore.

Sounds great!

Fish 12-16-2013 11:39 AM

Review:

Spoiler!

el borracho 12-17-2013 09:36 AM

Loved it! So much better than the first Hobbit movie.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10264016)
Pointless visit to Beorn's house?? Beorn isn't Bombadil. He's kinda important to the overall story. He probably COULD be cut out, but why would you? You're not helping anything by doing that.

Yeah, that's critiquing something to critique something.

I have seen similar critiques of the interactions between Tauriel and Fili.
Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 06:12 PM

oh my god

oh my god

i just had a religious experience

i have never seen a CGI creature realized so wonderfully

SMAUG!

Peter Jackson should be directing Star Wars, not that hack Abrams.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 06:13 PM

this needed 3 movies...my god was it ever the right decision

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 06:17 PM

like, smaug is so awesome....i want a smaug spinoff

Anyong Bluth 12-20-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10297483)
oh my god

oh my god

SMAUG!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10297484)
this needed 3 movies...my god was it ever the right decision

Maybe I just had low expectations after An Unexpected Journey , but I left The Desolation of Smaug thoroughly satisfied and enjoyed it probably the most of all of the series.

All 3 of the original LotRs were spectacular, but I found they had parts that dragged on, and the pace was a little slow at points.

I know others have mentioned this about TDoS, but for me, I really didn't get that dragging feeling. Maybe, you could have argued that once they got smuggled into the watertown.

Also, I totally wouldn't have minded if they spent a bit longer inside the Wood Elves kingdom- perhaps that'll be something for the extended cut when it's out on BR.

For the record, Lee Pace absolutely killed it with his portrayal of the Elf King. He's also starring in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 06:33 PM

Actually I hated the Elf King. I thought the guy's acting was terrible.

Minor complaint, though. This movie owned. I do wish we could have had more Stephen Fry because he owned so hard.

God, the scene where Smaug woke up...just note perfect. If Ralph Bakshi saw this he'd commit suicide.

Smaug really might be the best CGI I've ever seen in a movie.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 06:36 PM

Oh, and loved loved loved Gandalf at Dol Guldur. Ghosty Sauron was awesome too. I can't wait to see his rescue.

Bowser 12-20-2013 06:37 PM

I'm pleased to hear the positive feedback. I like the first Hobbit, but wasn't blown away by it at all. Looking forward to seeing it.

One question - is 3D a must for this, or is it just fine without?

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10297534)
I'm pleased to hear the positive feedback. I like the first Hobbit, but wasn't blown away by it at all. Looking forward to seeing it.

One question - is 3D a must for this, or is it just fine without?

I saw it with 3D. I think 3D really enhanced Smaug to be honest.

I'm going to have to see it again just because Smaug is so goddamn amazing, and will probably go 2D, but I think this was one of those films where 3D really worked.

Also I may have to find a theater showing 48 fps because mine wasn't.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 06:43 PM

OH MY GOD

AMC Studio 30 is showing it in 48 FPS IMAX

FINALLY A REASON TO GO TO OLATHE

Bowser 12-20-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10297543)
OH MY GOD

AMC Studio 30 is showing it in 48 FPS IMAX

FINALLY A REASON TO GO TO OLATHE

LMAO

That, and Oklahoma Joe's.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10297589)
LMAO

That, and Oklahoma Joe's.

Hell no, just go to the one downtown.

Gravedigger 12-23-2013 01:17 AM

Saw it tonight, I know I'm late, really really enjoyed it. My complaints are all pretty minor: there's only so many times you can see Legolas surf down an orc while killing another orc, or kill two orcs with one arrow, also I hate it when he goes from one or two sentences in elvish into one or two sentences of english and then back again. Just make the whole damn thing one or the other, you're mixing your songs up like Pitbull and its annoying. I also didn't like how they ended it, just too abrupt for something that could've taken 30 more minutes and you could've taken out 30 minutes worth of other useless dialogue, like you didnt have to do the love angle at all, you could've just had Tauriel wanting to go help the dwarves because she didn't want to be locked behind gates for eternity and that would've been just fine.

Loved Smaug, obviously. Benedict Cumberbatch is just awesome IMO and the banter between him and Bilbo and the Dwarves was pretty great too. The CG in some of the scenes was so believable and in other scenes... not so much. Oh and the part where the Dwarf bursts his hands through the barrell with weapons to fight the orcs, OMG I almost died laughing. Just a great movie all around, I'd rank it third amongst all the LOTR/Hobbit movies.

wilas101 12-23-2013 10:29 AM

This seems to be well received overall but I had issues that I'm having trouble shaking.

Spoiler!

Amnorix 12-23-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10297483)
oh my god

oh my god

SMAUG!

Pretty much. Smaug might be the coolest thing I've ever seen on the big screen, to be honest. The Balrog ruled, but he was only in the movie for like a minute and a half. What else comes close? I'm not sure anything does...

Lzen 12-24-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10283839)
Review:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Lzen 12-24-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilas101 (Post 10305860)
This seems to be well received overall but I had issues that I'm having trouble shaking.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Setsuna 12-27-2013 01:45 AM

Smaug pretty much was a CGI Deathwing from WoW. The similarities are certainly there tbh.

KevB 12-27-2013 07:20 PM

Just saw this in IMAX/3D/HFR and it was really good. The first scene when the guy comes out of the pub......damn, I had to have been standing in the street with him.

I'd echo most of what was said on the last couple of pages. The differences from the book were reasonable, although I would also have liked more Beorn. Scenes with Smaug were amazing, and the run down the river was a really fun ride. I took my teenage daughter, who wouldn't typically go to a movie like this. However, she really liked it. Well done Peter Jackson.

Anyong Bluth 12-28-2013 03:12 PM

For anyone that's seen it, there's a legit dvd screener copy now floating around the interwebs.
If you haven't seen it yet in the theater I strongly advise anyone to not spoil it and actually see it in the theater for your 1st time watching it.

Pants 12-28-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10313432)
Just saw this in IMAX/3D/HFR and it was really good. The first scene when the guy comes out of the pub......damn, I had to have been standing in the street with him.

I'd echo most of what was said on the last couple of pages. The differences from the book were reasonable, although I would also have liked more Beorn. Scenes with Smaug were amazing, and the run down the river was a really fun ride. I took my teenage daughter, who wouldn't typically go to a movie like this. However, she really liked it. Well done Peter Jackson.

The guy that comes out of the pub is Peter Jackson, I think. :)

The Franchise 01-14-2014 02:56 PM

Sitting in the theater. ...waiting for this awesomeness to start.

Frosty 01-14-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10370020)
Sitting in the theater. ...waiting for this awesomeness to start.

Don't get shot for being on your phone

Mr. Laz 01-14-2014 03:40 PM

can't believe they ended it like that

allen_kcCard 01-14-2014 03:42 PM

How else would they have? Cut it shorter and do it before he leaves the mountain? If they go any longer, then he is at Rivertown and there is a lot to have happen before he...stops.

Amnorix 01-14-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10314643)
The guy that comes out of the pub is Peter Jackson, I think. :)

Yep, it is.

Mr. Laz 01-14-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10370093)
Spoiler!

spoiler alert

The Franchise 01-14-2014 05:51 PM

Holy. ****ing. Awesome.

The Franchise 01-14-2014 05:52 PM

What spoilers? He really didn't say anything.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-14-2014 06:06 PM

Going to see it tomorrow. Pretty excited for it.

007 01-14-2014 06:08 PM

Was better than the first film but still nowhere close to any of the LotR films.

The Franchise 01-14-2014 08:25 PM

Seriously.....I'm still blown away at how good it was and how much it exceeded it my expectations. There wasn't any point in the movie that stalled or made me look at my watch.

ThaVirus 01-15-2014 02:48 PM

Had a Hobbit watching marathon last night and this morning- watched Unexpected Journey and Desolation of Smaug. I love the mythology and lore of Middle Earth so these movies were certainly enjoyable. I've never read the books so I can't speak much to how good of an adaptation it is, but there was nothing really terrible that stuck out to me in either movie.

The movie was very well cast and I liked all of the characters, most notably Bilbo. I think hobbits are annoying but he's a very likable guy. Smaug was also awesome.

Spoiler!

I quoted this one because it is something that I was also thinking about during the movie. What exactly is the limit of Gandalf's power? Obviously it greatly fluctuates from The Hobbit series to LOTR (he can vanquish the Balrog but can't hold off a couple orcs and wargs at Dol Goldur?).

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilas101 (Post 10305860)
Spoiler!

He's a magical being so I wouldn't expect his powers to be defined, I guess. He can and can't do whatever Jackson needs to advance the plot or build tension..

The Franchise 01-15-2014 02:54 PM

By giant fighting mountain dudes....do you mean the trolls that captured the dwarves?

ThaVirus 01-15-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10371751)
By giant fighting mountain dudes....do you mean the trolls that captured the dwarves?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure. Like I said, I watched both movies in about a 12 hours time frame and I'm having trouble remembering which scenes were in which movie.

They (the dwarves and Bilbo) were on the side of a mountain pass and all of a sudden boulders started crashing everywhere around them. They look up to find huge, humanoid mountain creatures going at it.

I think that was right before they were captured by the goblins..?

The Franchise 01-15-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10371755)
I'm sorry but I'm not sure. Like I said, I watched both movies in about a 12 hours time frame and I'm having trouble remembering which scenes were in which movie.

They (the dwarves and Bilbo) were on the side of a mountain pass and all of a sudden boulders started crashing everywhere around them. They look up to find huge, humanoid mountain creatures going at it.

I think that was right before they were captured by the goblins..?

You mean these guys?

http://i.stack.imgur.com/TuVK6.jpg

The Franchise 01-15-2014 03:02 PM

This is from the book:

Quote:

"All was well, until one day they met a thunderstorm—more than a thunderstorm, a thunder-battle. You know how terrific a really big thunderstorm can be down in the land and in a river-valley; especially at times when two great thunderstorms meet and class. More terrible still are thunder and lightning in the mountains at night, when storms come up from East and West and make war. The lightning splinters on the peaks, and rocks shiver, and great crashes split the air and go rolling in tumbling into every cave and hollow; and darkness is filled with overwhelming noise and sudden light. Bilbo ... saw that across the valley the stone-giants were out, and were hurling rocks at one another for a game, and catching them, and tossing them down into the darkness where they smashed among the trees far below, or splintered into little bits with a bang ... they could hear the giants guffawing and shouting all over the mountainsides."

ThaVirus 01-15-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10371758)

Yep, that's what I was referring to. It was in Unexpected Journey; I remember now.

It didn't do anything to further the plot but I'm assuming it was just a nod to the book. A little bit of fan service.

The Franchise 01-15-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10371792)
Yep, that's what I was referring to. It was in Unexpected Journey; I remember now.

It didn't do anything to further the plot but I'm assuming it was just a nod to the book. A little bit of fan service.

All this.

Frosty 01-15-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10371792)

It's also what chased them into the caves, iirc, where Bilbo eventually finds the ring. Otherwise, they would have just gone through the pass and been on their way.

The Franchise 01-24-2014 04:03 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nJOSAwNzyi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 01-24-2014 04:09 PM

ROFL

Orc-freakin-believable!!

Sure-Oz 01-24-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10391638)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nJOSAwNzyi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

perfect lmao

Ragged Robin 01-24-2014 08:09 PM

The elf lady romance subplot was incredibly reeruned and over the top. When you really think about it, she was a total BITCH that put the PRINCE of Mirkwood completely at risk. She literally tricks him into helping her under the guise of "hint hint, I MIGHT share the same feelings towards you but I'm actually completely using you so that I can play googly eyes with my Dwarf boyfriend" and "the world needs our help! except when it comes down to it, you can fight off the orcs ALL ALONE while I mix some herbs when, IN FACT, one of the dwarves was already about to do it.." Completely idiotic script device that, aside from the gaping holes in logic, was too much of a distraction/deterrent from the main plot.

Setsuna 01-24-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10392047)
The elf lady romance subplot was incredibly reeruned and over the top. When you really think about it, she was a total BITCH that put the PRINCE of Mirkwood completely at risk. She literally tricks him into helping her under the guise of "hint hint, I MIGHT share the same feelings towards you but I'm actually completely using you so that I can play googly eyes with my Dwarf boyfriend" and "the world needs our help! except when it comes down to it, you can fight off the orcs ALL ALONE while I mix some herbs when, IN FACT, one of the dwarves was already about to do it.." Completely idiotic script device that, aside from the gaping holes in logic, was too much of a distraction/deterrent from the main plot.

This guy gets it. And a Prince over a chump? How droll.

hometeam 03-19-2014 09:27 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ci3vT7-vU0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I totally missed that shit.

Molitoth 04-21-2014 11:34 AM

I turned this movie off after the River-Barrel scene and do not plan on finishing it.

This is coming from a long time lover of Fantasy world stuff, and a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Although, I'm not a fanboy of this stuff like some of you freaks. I have no read the books, but I'm sure they are a ton better.

This scene was so ****ing stupid.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:37 AM

So let me get this straight....you're a self-proclaimed "lover of fantasy world stuff" and have read the Lord of the Rings trilogy.....but you haven't read The Hobbit?

Opinion discarded.

Molitoth 04-21-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10575894)
So let me get this straight....you're a self-proclaimed "lover of fantasy world stuff" and have read the Lord of the Rings trilogy.....but you haven't read The Hobbit?

Opinion discarded.

Ok. I LIKE fantasy world stuff. Is that better?

I don't have time to read books. I have other hobbies and 2 small children that occupy all of my free time.

I don't care if you don't value my opinion. I still think the River-Barrel scene was pure garbage.
It reminded me of the car chase in the terrible movie "Wanted".

Did you think it was awesome to watch Legolas stand on 2 floating barrels while shooting arrows? Did you think it was awesome that one of the barrels magically just went off course and knocked through like 50 orcs? lol It was like they made this movie for 8 year olds.

DaveNull 04-21-2014 12:22 PM

The hobbit is generally understood to be targeted for a younger group.

Setsuna 04-21-2014 09:16 PM

I'm reading the Silmarillion now. So interesting!

Deberg_1990 04-21-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10575887)
I turned this movie off after the River-Barrel scene and do not plan on finishing it.

This is coming from a long time lover of Fantasy world stuff, and a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Although, I'm not a fanboy of this stuff like some of you freaks. I have no read the books, but I'm sure they are a ton better.

This scene was so ****ing stupid.

Agreed. Waaay too much fake looking CGI in this trilogy. The LoTRs movies had a ton of CGI as well, but he still used alot of practical effects. Not sure why He decided to change to digital so much?

TrickyNicky 04-22-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10577555)
Agreed. Waaay too much fake looking CGI in this trilogy. The LoTRs movies had a ton of CGI as well, but he still used alot of practical effects. Not sure why He decided to change to digital so much?

The HFR 3D probably played a big part in that. Considering how mind-blowing the 3D was touted as being, it was pretty meh for the most part.

Fishpicker 04-22-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10577555)

Smaug didn't impress me much. by the time I saw the movie, i was sick of hearing the name pronounced Smowg. Yech. where are Smaugs arms? and why does he look blue nosed? I thought LOTR had a really good blend of PR and CGI. The Hobbit was decent when i watched without 3D. Hobbit:DoS dragged on and left with another cliff hanger. none of that melted gold looked convincing. And that made no sense that Smaug was able to fly while coated in it.

Fish 04-23-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10579588)
Smaug didn't impress me much. by the time I saw the movie, i was sick of hearing the name pronounced Smowg. Yech. where are Smaugs arms? and why does he look blue nosed? I thought LOTR had a really good blend of PR and CGI. The Hobbit was decent when i watched without 3D. Hobbit:DoS dragged on and left with another cliff hanger. none of that melted gold looked convincing. And that made no sense that Smaug was able to fly while coated in it.

That's how it's supposed to be pronounced...

Fishpicker 04-23-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10579928)
That's how it's supposed to be pronounced...

true. most people pronounce Smaug as smog though. if his name were pronounced smog, that would be a fitting name.

underEJ 04-23-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

I saw the first Hobbit and saw twenty minutes of Smaug at the Oscar short list presentation in the intended frame rate and stereo, and Smaug is an abomination. I think some of the issue is the amount of light needed to double frame rate. It is very unattractive to light scenes that way, and there is no amount of color grading that will cover what is fundamentally bad lighting. You can do alot with grading as long as you have a good value structure with which to start. Somebody is going to have to reinvent lighting for movies with high frame rate as the usual compositions do not seem to work particularly with strong back lighting. However they will never pay to light a movie once for HFR and then again for regular releases so one will always suffer.

Anyong Bluth 04-24-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10577404)
I'm reading the Silmarillion now. So interesting!

Rest assured with the $$$ they make of these they'll find a way to make a movie(s) for any of his stuff.

Toilet paper confirmed he wiped his ass with would probably get greenlit.

Setsuna 04-24-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10582274)
Rest assured with the $$$ they make of these they'll find a way to make a movie(s) for any of his stuff.

Toilet paper confirmed he wiped his ass with would probably get greenlit.

LMAO Indeed.

Deberg_1990 05-18-2014 08:12 AM

Ouch. The truth hurts......

Viggo Morentson

“Peter was always a geek in terms of technology but, once he had the means to do it, and the evolution of the technology really took off, he never looked back. In the first [Lord of the Rings] movie, yes, there’s Rivendell and Mordor, but there’s sort of an organic quality to it, actors acting with each other, and real landscapes — it’s grittier. The second movie already started ballooning, for my taste, and then by the third one, there were a lot of special effects. It was grandiose and all that, but whatever was subtle, in the first movie, gradually got lost in the second and third. Now with The Hobbit, one and two, it’s like [all] that to the power of 10.” — Viggo Mortensen on Peter Jackson

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...gs%27+Sequels+

Amnorix 12-17-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

The "giant molten gold dwarf" weapon, thing, whatever, was just about the stupidest idea i've ever seen put on film.

And I agree that Jackson has gone Lucas-levels of insane with the CGI. It's a trend. Movies are increasingly absurd/unrealistic across the board. I can suspend belief, but only so far. Please don't make me start disbelieving obvious laws of physics.

Deberg_1990 12-17-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11198750)
The "giant molten gold dwarf" weapon, thing, whatever, was just about the stupidest idea i've ever seen put on film.

And I agree that Jackson has gone Lucas-levels of insane with the CGI. It's a trend. Movies are increasingly absurd/unrealistic across the board. I can suspend belief, but only so far. Please don't make me start disbelieving obvious laws of physics.

Agreed. I can hardly watch a Peter Jackson film anymore. Viggo said it best in the link i posted above.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2014 08:17 PM

Really loved the third one. Gandalf packing and smoking his pipe at the end was just beautiful.

Got a little choked up at the end. That's it for Ian.

White Council shitting on Dol Guldur was really fun.

I am truly sad we're leaving this fantasy universe...but maybe PJ can give us the Silmarillion? I'd cum buckets!

keg in kc 12-17-2014 08:22 PM

Okay, can't embed what I tried to embed earlier because it has pillowbiter in the url... LMAO

Honest trailer for smaug: http://bit.ly/1zuvD7d

mnchiefsguy 12-17-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses (Post 11199445)
Really loved the third one. Gandalf packing and smoking his pipe at the end was just beautiful.

Got a little choked up at the end. That's it for Ian.

White Council shitting on Dol Guldur was really fun.

I am truly sad we're leaving this fantasy universe...but maybe PJ can give us the Silmarillion? I'd cum buckets!

Too bad Christopher Tolkien won't give up the film rights to the Silmarillion...

I really liked the third one as well...looking forward to the extended cut on blu-ray.

Deberg_1990 12-17-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11199457)
Okay, can't embed what I tried to embed earlier because it has pillowbiter in the url... LMAO

Honest trailer for smaug: http://bit.ly/1zuvD7d

Legoland and Random CGI Orc villian #2

ROFL

Hammock Parties 12-17-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 11199474)
Too bad Christopher Tolkien won't give up the film rights to the Silmarillion...

I really liked the third one as well...looking forward to the extended cut on blu-ray.

Money talks...would also be cool to see someone else try it, although I still trust PJ despite what people say about The Hobbit.

I'd also like to see a Gandalf movie...Ian could carry it. Maybe make it like Gandalf's autobiography. Telling the tale of Olorin the Maiar since his creation by Eru.

There is also a four-year gap between the end of Lord of the Rings and Gandalf leaving with Frodo for the Grey Havens...so it wouldn't be a huge stretch.

RunKC 12-18-2014 08:37 AM

Liked the 3rd one but…

Spoiler!

Halfcan 12-20-2014 09:47 AM

Loved the whole series-saw the last one last night with my kids. Freaking amazing!! Best series of All Time and it is not even close.