ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football First openly gay NFL player to come out soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271468)

tooge 03-26-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9530372)
It will be interesting to see if he's given the sexual harassment training. You see, I've been given it at all four of my companies and never once asked if I wanted to participate. Simple: it's mandatory. Sure I've never harassed anyone but tat doesn't exempt me from it. And now this guy will have to undergo it as well.

We cannot assume he will be turned on, but my companies could never assume I'd e turned on by my female co-workers. Same deal.

Duh, your company thinks you are gay.

patteeu 03-26-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 9530433)
I just hope it's not a Chief or former Chief. We don't need the distraction. I miss the old days when people kept their sexual preferences to themselves. Who you are banging or like to bang does not interest me.

People didn't ever keep their sexual preference to themselves. Gay people did, but the rest of us have been sharing our preferences to one degree or another forever. So why shouldn't gay people be able to do the same?

BlackHelicopters 03-26-2013 11:37 AM

Sodomy

Dayze 03-26-2013 11:37 AM

my deal is...if you're ugly enough where chicks don't give you the time of day; if you're gay, it's likely that dudes won't find you attractive either.

and even if they do, they're not going to prison rape you in the bathroom of McDonalds.

patteeu 03-26-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9530440)
My 2cents:

I live about 5-10minutes from the Gay Epicenter of San Diego, so i'm fairly exposed to the openly gay man, unlike the closeted ones you guys have in the midwest.

I've had openly gay friends and co-workers, and it has in fact gotten weird before. I'm pretty tolerant about most things and gays don't bother me, but sometimes the gay males don't respect your boundaries.

When they cross the line, it does get uncomfortable.

I was a teacher's assistant to an openly Gay male Teacher. He would talk about a lot of gay shit with the rest of the staff, but it wasn't a big deal, although a little uncomfortable at times. He was constantly ridiculed by the students though.

When i was living in the group home, they hired a few gay staff members for "Cultural Diversity". One of them got fired when a student asked if he was attracted to some guy on T.V. He replied, "No, i'm into guys that look like (me)". I was 16 at the time. He was fired a few days later.

I've had other instances where gay men have hit on me as well. It's extremely awkward.

My point is, I don't care if you're gay, but in MY personal experiences with openly gay men, sometimes they can be a little too proud and forget to respect the boundaries of others. If you're gay, you should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Do you think straight men disrespect boundaries with women sometimes?

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530476)
People didn't ever keep their sexual preference to themselves. Gay people did, but the rest of us have been sharing our preferences to one degree or another forever. So why shouldn't gay people be able to do the same?

+1

listopencil 03-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9529944)

Might as well tell me if you like turtles while you're at it.

Is that some kind of code? What the hell kind of sick, perverted crap are you into? Jesus ****ing Christ.

Dayze 03-26-2013 11:39 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/411...uestions-o.gif GIFSoup

ToxSocks 03-26-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9530459)
As if straight men don't have boundary issues. Congrats, Detoxing, you know know a little bit of what its like to be a woman walking down the street.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9530465)
So you are saying they are men? Ask any woman and they will give your story as a quote over and over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530488)

Straight men do it. Gay men do it.

Doesn't change the fact that they SHOULDN'T do it.

That's all im saying. Like i said, if i have to work with you and you're gay, i don't care. I don't care how gay you are. Just respect my boundaries.

patteeu 03-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9530528)
Straight men do it. Gay men do it.

Doesn't change the fact that they SHOULDN'T do it.

That's all im saying. Like i said, if i have to work with you and you're gay, i don't care. I don't care how gay you are. Just respect my boundaries.

Sure, but it's not a characteristic specific to gays.

tooge 03-26-2013 11:55 AM

BTW, the thread title is wrong. If the player were openly gay, he wouldn't have to come out soon.

ndws 03-26-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9530377)
Anyone who is all "who cares? I'm sick of hearing about gay issues" has very obviously never had to hide their fullest expression of themselves because of societal stigmas. There's nothing wrong with that -- you're fortunate and many people would love to trade experiences with you -- but one ought to be aware of how their own privilege informs their thinking on this issue.

who cares

BlackHelicopters 03-26-2013 12:02 PM

Define "openly gay"

Sorter 03-26-2013 12:10 PM

I do not care whether a player is gay or straight.

I care if he is productive and a quality teammate.

Brock 03-26-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9530563)
who cares

The people posting in this thread.

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9530566)
Define "openly gay"

Flaming? No we're not but we're willing to learn. LMAO

ptlyon 03-26-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9530566)
Define "openly gay"

One who pushes back

Otter 03-26-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9529944)
I have an announcement to make.... (standing up on my soap box)

"I'm straight. Thank you."

What's the relevancy here? We all care the same about my announcement as to a NFL player being gay.

Seriously who cares? My reaction would be "Okay. That's fine. Why are you telling me this?"

Might as well tell me if you like turtles while you're at it.

Show me a gay dude willing to shut the **** up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

gblowfish 03-26-2013 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fred Phelps disapproves of this thread...

gblowfish 03-26-2013 12:19 PM

http://i45.tinypic.com/166bvh4.gif

Brock 03-26-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9530607)
Show me a gay dude willing to shut the **** up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

I could show you several, but you'd still be a moron.

Marcellus 03-26-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530488)

I think you guys are swinging and missing on what Detox is trying to say.

I was in the military with a a guy who we all assumed was gay, he couldn't be open about it because at the time it was an exit out, but we were fairly sure he was gay.This was an infantry unit mind you. The guy didn't have any issues because he knew better than to mess with anyone or push the issue. Even though we knew he was gay, he was not ostracized or anything. The guy was an E-6 so it didn't appear he was being held back in any way either.

I have also worked with openly gay people in the civilian workplace where a few specific gay people would go out of their way to make you uncomfortable with it on purpose. Push things to see how far they could get away with it because if anything was said they cried discrimination.

I think whether gay or straight, there are boundaries at work. End of story.

And yea the boundaries may not be the exact same for gay and strait people because boundaries are determined by what is deemed offensive and that is also up to the person involved. Just like any other sexual or workplace harassment issue.

You always need to know your environment and your audience.

That is called life.

My sister is a fairly outspoken lesbian, we have had some very interesting discussions on these types of things.

Spott 03-26-2013 12:28 PM

Whoever it is, I hope he plays for the Packers.

ptlyon 03-26-2013 12:29 PM

Pics Marcellus!

ToxSocks 03-26-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9530637)

And yea the boundaries may not be the exact same for gay and strait people because boundaries are determined by what is deemed offensive and that is also up to the person involved. Just like any other sexual or workplace harassment issue.

Truth.

patteeu 03-26-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9530637)
I think you guys are swinging and missing on what Detox is trying to say.

I was in the military with a a guy who we all assumed was gay, he couldn't be open about it because at the time it was an exit out, but we were fairly sure he was gay.This was an infantry unit mind you. The guy didn't have any issues because he knew better than to mess with anyone or push the issue. Even though we knew he was gay, he was not ostracized or anything. The guy was an E-6 so it didn't appear he was being held back in any way either.

I have also worked with openly gay people in the civilian workplace where a few specific gay people would go out of their way to make you uncomfortable with it on purpose. Push things to see how far they could get away with it because if anything was said they cried discrimination.

I think whether gay or straight, there are boundaries at work. End of story.

You always need to know your environment and your audience.

That is called life.

My sister is a fairly outspoken lesbian, we have had some very interesting discussions on these types of things.

And you don't think this happens between some men and the women they're around?

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3mG-T9ocF_U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Canofbier 03-26-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

I'll bet you already interact with those people on a regular basis, and you just don't know that they're gay. Believe it or not, most gays aren't parading around in rainbow capes, lisping at people indignantly.

seaofred 03-26-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530683)
And you don't think this happens between some men and the women they're around?

I don't think anyone is saying, it doesn't happen between men and women. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are saying it ALSO happens between men and men.

bowener 03-26-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Are you ****ing serious or just a dumbass?

If you're going to follow along the lines of ridiculous stereotypes, then I will to. From your post it is easy to see that you are actually a closeted gay man that is angry at other gay men for having the balls and pride to come out to the world and their family and friends. You just hide pouting and full of self indignation. Grow up.

Dayze 03-26-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9530652)
Whoever it is, I hope he plays for the Packers.

LMAO

this thread has some gold moments.

patteeu 03-26-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9530710)
I don't think anyone is saying, it doesn't happen between men and women. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are saying it ALSO happens between men and men.

Then what's the point of bringing it up in this thread? It's not a characteristic related to being gay.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 01:20 PM

I want him paraded around NYC with Goodell, to discuss how to work with other males without harrassing them. I want Gloria Allred at a presser, talking about how "concerned" she is with potential sexual harassment in the workplace. And of course, I want him role-playing harassment situations with a licensed & trained "diversity trainer" who will show him the way to interact appropriately with others.

My wish, for you, is that the diversity training turns into all you wanted to. (Of course, the NFL will do the exact opposite and put the other 1500 players into THEIR OWN diversity training)

ChiefsCountry 03-26-2013 01:23 PM

No smear the queer jokes?

loochy 03-26-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9530777)

no because soon tackling will not be allowed in the NFL

Dayze 03-26-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530779)
no because soon tackling will not be allowed in the NFL

take the flag from the bundle of sticks.

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Literally millions of gay men and women do this on a daily basis.

Rain Man 03-26-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9530777)

We played that in elementary school before gay people existed and it was quite fun. I hope that children today are still allowed to play it, and that people know that 'queer' is not a sexuality term in this context, but rather an innocent term that means "someone different than you so it's okay to gang up and pile on them".

seaofred 03-26-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530723)
Then what's the point of bringing it up in this thread? It's not a characteristic related to being gay.

I think people are curious to see if gay men will be held to the same standards as straight men.

Rain Man 03-26-2013 01:43 PM

I wonder how this announcement will change the nature of groupies.

patteeu 03-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9530816)
I think people are curious to see if gay men will be held to the same standards as straight men.

Held by whom? If a guy is a lout, he's a lout, whether he's a lout because of the way he goes overboard with women or because of the way he goes overboard with men.

tooge 03-26-2013 02:07 PM

So Shawn Smith can grab guys by the nuts and he's a dirty player. Some gay guy tries that and he's coming on to you?

Saul Good 03-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9529939)
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

You have a point. Your pledge-year elephant walks would have been a lot less comfortable if you knew the dong you were holding was attached to a queer.

Brock 03-26-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9530957)
You have a point. Your pledge-year elephant walks would have been a lot less comfortable if you knew the dong you were holding was attached to a queer.

LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-26-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9530705)
I'll bet you already interact with those people on a regular basis, and you just don't know that they're gay. Believe it or not, most gays aren't parading around in rainbow capes, lisping at people indignantly.

The chances of working with or knowing 1 o 2 people. That are married and switch sides a few times a year. With out you being stunned about finding out. Are about 95%.

Chiefshrink 03-26-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

:clap::clap::clap:

scho63 04-19-2013 09:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Kerry Rhodes outed? Sure looks like it.

----------------------------

Though he denied being “gay” a few days ago, former Arizona Cardinals baller Kerry Rhodes has remained silent as his alleged ex-lover Russell “Hollywood” Simpson has exposed intimate details of their alleged–yet photographed with some suspicious proof–relationship.

Read Kerry’s denial and listen peep the controversial interview with the “scorned” ex-boyfriend inside….

http://freddyo.com/shockng-news-kerr.../#.UXICkLWqC2F

http://www.queerty.com/scorned-ex-lo...-top-20130419/

Buck 04-19-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9605764)

Though he denied being “gay” a few days ago, former Arizona Cardinals baller Kerry Rhodes has remained silent as his alleged ex-lover Russell “Hollywood” Simpson has exposed intimate details of their alleged–yet photographed with some suspicious proof–relationship.

Read Kerry’s denial and listen peep the controversial interview with the “scorned” ex-boyfriend inside….

He looks so happy in those pictures. If it turns out he really is gay, it's a shame that he can't publicly admit to something that makes him so happy.

Carlota69 04-19-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9605764)

Yeah, it looks a little bit more than just hanging out with your business people. Just a little bit....:spock:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-19-2013 09:38 PM

Probably wont get a contract now. Sucks

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2013 09:51 PM

Murderer? We're cool. Gay? GTFO w/ that shit.

Disgraceful.

Mother****erJones 04-19-2013 09:51 PM

Meh, you're gay. That's fine. Just don't distract my ****ing team.

Prison Bitch 04-19-2013 10:19 PM

When is someone goin to rip off Griners shorts during a game and check him for a pair?

Mother****erJones 04-19-2013 10:20 PM

:Lin:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9605918)
When is someone goin to rip off Griners shorts during a game and check him for a pair?

Ace Ventura style! Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle:Lin:

Wildcat2005 04-19-2013 10:24 PM

oh kerry you silly goose

this could hurt his ability to sign on with another team though

ToxSocks 04-19-2013 10:26 PM

That's unfortunate. The guy shouldn't be outed like that if he wasn't ready.

bowener 04-19-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9605949)
That's unfortunate. The guy shouldn't be outed like that if he wasn't ready.

This.

lewdog 04-19-2013 10:40 PM

I wish Alex Smith was gay and a really good QB that could chuck the ball 40-50 yards downfield.

Instead he is straight and sucks ass at being a QB. Oh well, at least he isn't a bundle of sticks???

Mother****erJones 04-19-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9605990)
I wish Alex Smith was gay and a really good QB that could chuck the ball 40-50 yards downfield.

Instead he is straight and sucks ass at being a QB. Oh well, at least he isn't a pillowbitergot???

Ya what would you rather have, Dan Marino and no Super Bowl wins or Alex Smith the cock gobbler, and a Super Bowl win?

lewdog 04-19-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9530890)
So Shawn Smith can grab guys by the nuts and he's a dirty player. Some gay guy tries that and he's coming on to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9606004)
Ya what would you rather have, Dan Marino and no Super Bowl wins or Alex Smith the cock gobbler, and a Super Bowl win?

In that scenario...

Cock Gobbler, every day...day in and day out...100/100 times.

Mother****erJones 04-19-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9606018)
In that scenario...

Cock Gobbler, every day...day in and day out...100/100 times.

Exactly. Just leave Charles' cock alone on gameday :)

a pp roach 04-19-2013 10:54 PM

frisco, miami....any takers?

i kid.

CoMoChief 04-19-2013 11:15 PM

Awww...isn't this cuuuute?

Kerry Rhodes and his lil boy toy sharing a little pineapple drink.

http://cdn.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uplo...uity-Drink.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones 04-19-2013 11:17 PM

How is this gonna happen? Is the player gonna score a TD and lift up his jersey and we'll see a rainbow gay pride shirt that says what what in the butt.

Mother****erJones 04-19-2013 11:17 PM

And there's 2 straws ROFL

kcxiv 04-20-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9606073)
And there's 2 straws ROFL

ya, but he says he's not gay. Sorry im a 36 year old male and i have never in my adult life shared a drink like that with ANY MALE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! lol It wont ever ever ****ing happen. lol

I know he wants to keep it under wrap, but that sucka just got outed lol Just go with it now. Maybe he likes Vag too, but damn. I dont think anyone believes he wasnt hitting it lol

Mother****erJones 04-20-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9606155)
ya, but he says he's not gay. Sorry im a 36 year old male and i have never in my adult life shared a drink like that with ANY MALE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! lol It wont ever ever ****ing happen. lol

I know he wants to keep it under wrap, but that sucka just got outed lol Just go with it now. Maybe he likes Vag too, but damn. I dont think anyone believes he wasnt hitting it lol

Or getting hit ROFL

Chief Roundup 04-20-2013 07:21 AM

****ing Gross. Nature selects those types of genes for extinction.

J Diddy 04-20-2013 08:12 AM

Personally, could care less about whether a player is gay or not. I don't watch football players for their sexual orientation.

patteeu 04-20-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9606347)

That doesn't seem to be true in reality.

lewdog 04-20-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is the easiest way to spot someone with a sub 70 IQ or a religious zealot?

Please see quoted statement.

Aries Walker 04-20-2013 08:42 AM

To be fair, they're not mutually exclusive. He could easily be a religious zealot with a sub-70 IQ.

lewdog 04-20-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9606466)
To be fair, they're not mutually exclusive. He could easily be a religious zealot with a sub-70 IQ.

ROFL

Haha! I should rephrase, and/or.

SPATCH 04-20-2013 09:09 AM

I ****ing love being a Chiefs fan. So god damn proud of being a Chiefs.

BUT, I fear that Arrowhead will wind up being one of the worst offenders when it comes to gay slurs being shouted from the crowd; which is extremely disappointing.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9605775)
He looks so happy in those pictures. If it turns out he really is gay, it's a shame that he can't publicly admit to something that makes him so happy.

read this thread and you'll see several 'shames'

Terribilis 04-20-2013 11:10 AM

Why can't people just put doors on showers?

Dante84 04-20-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9606496)

BUT, I fear that Arrowhead will wind up being one of the worst offenders when it comes to gay slurs being shouted from the crowd; which is extremely disappointing.

I know man. Makes me sad.

I can already see the articles "Most homophobic stadium/fanbase"

We are going to be like the crowds who talked shit to Jackie Robinson.

Chiefspants 04-20-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

:(

patteeu 04-20-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9606496)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9606727)

Why? Surely you're not stereotyping mid-westerners as more bigoted than big city folk.

WhiteWhale 04-20-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9606727)

Okay.. pet peeve... gay is NOT the new black and no gay player is like Jackie Robinson. The comparison is and always will be asinine imo.