ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games what game have you logged the most hours on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271959)

Bowser 04-13-2013 02:51 PM

Can ChiefsPlanet be considered a game? If so, ChiefsPlanet wins running away.

BryanBusby 04-13-2013 02:54 PM

Not gonna count MMOs because that's lame, so Phantasy Star Online.

Imon Yourside 04-15-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9581768)
The Total War games are much more than RTS. Imagine a turn-based nation-building game like Civilization that actually let's you play the battles out with thousands of well-animated units. It's a game with a ton of strategy but also tactics. They are all set in very accurately portrayed historic periods too.

You really owe it to yourself to go buy one of them on the cheap and play the crap out of it.

Pick and era that most interests you and go immerse yourself.

I was not a big fan of these games, the camera angles and such really annoyed me to no end.

Imon Yourside 04-15-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9582924)
Not sure but I would imagine Diablo 2 and WoW are up there... Blizzard used to make great games. Hopefully "Titan" is better than their latest releases since being bank rolled by Activision.

The original Call of Duty. Played that competitively throughout highschool. Don't even want to know how many hours I logged in that game. Quit playing after the 2nd one came out because they're all shit in comparison and they get maybe 3-4 patches before they are dumped for the next years version.

Blizzard can blow me, they lost all of their good gaming guys and now suck. i've accepted that and moved on.

HC_Chief 04-15-2013 08:11 AM

Half Life & it's many mods
Diablo II
StarCraft
Skyrim
Civilization

Imon Yourside 04-15-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 9587646)
Half Life & it's many mods
Diablo II
StarCraft
Skyrim
Civilization

Minus Starcraft and Skyrim i've put more hours into Oblivion than Skyrim.

jd1020 04-15-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9587624)
Blizzard can blow me, they lost all of their good gaming guys and now suck. i've accepted that and moved on.

Meh.

I'm done with them as well, technically. I'm not going to buy one of their games before its even released ever again. But I'm also not going to ignore a really good game based on the stamp in the bottom right corner on the box. I'll wait for reviews and the game to gain a little community before forking over $60 to them.

patteeu 04-15-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9587624)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9588299)
Meh.

I'm done with them as well, technically. I'm not going to buy one of their games before its even released ever again. But I'm also not going to ignore a really good game based on the stamp in the bottom right corner on the box. I'll wait for reviews and the game to gain a little community before forking over $60 to them.

Blizzard's StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm launch was flawless. It's hard to imagine a rollout going any smoother.

jd1020 04-15-2013 01:08 PM

My problem with StarCraft 2 is that I basically played it with worse graphics 10 years ago and it should have been 1 game instead of 3.

patteeu 04-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9588412)
My problem with StarCraft 2 is that I basically played it with worse graphics 10 years ago and it should have been 1 game instead of 3.

It's a completely different game than StarCraft. It's really a pretty different game than StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty.

jd1020 04-15-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9588429)
It's a completely different game than StarCraft. It's really a pretty different game than StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty.

Different than SC? What??????

Its the same thing with prettier graphics.

HotS and WoL are different because you paid $40 for the next campaign and updates that usually come as patches.

patteeu 04-15-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9588470)
Different than SC? What??????

Its the same thing with prettier graphics.

Are Diablo 3 and Diablo 2 the same game? Are Skyrim and Morrowind or Oblivion the same game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9588470)
HotS and WoL are different because you paid $40 for the next campaign and updates that usually come as patches.

Independent of whether you pay for them or they come in patches, the changes from WoL to HotS dramatically changed the gameplay. It's not as big a difference as the change from SC:BW to SC2:WoL, but it's a pretty big difference. Not only are there new units, but many of the old units underwent fundamental attribute changes.

Frazod 04-15-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9588672)
Are Diablo 3 and Diablo 2 the same game? Are Skyrim and Morrowind or Oblivion the same game?

Independent of whether you pay for them or they come in patches, the changes from WoL to HotS dramatically changed the gameplay. It's not as big a difference as the change from SC:BW to SC2:WoL, but it's a pretty big difference. Not only are there new units, but many of the old units underwent fundamental attribute changes.

They aren't continuations like Mass Effect, but set in the same "universe."

Main difference between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 is that Diablo 2 was awesome, and Diable 3 was an overrated piece of shit.

patteeu 04-15-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douchemaster General (Post 9588690)
They aren't continuations like Mass Effect, but set in the same "universe."

Main difference between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 is that Diablo 2 was awesome, and Diable 3 was an overrated piece of shit.

The single player campaigns of StarCraft2 are a continuation of those in the original StarCraft in a way that is similar to the continuation of the story from Oblivion to Skyrim except that StarCraft continues the story with the same main characters. It's unlike Mass Effect in that there is no connection between actions in SC1 and consequences in SC2. There is a significant difference in gameplay though and (more importantly, IMO) in multiplayer.

jd1020 04-15-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Are Diablo 3 and Diablo 2 the same game?

LOL! No they aren't. They are similar in many ways. The one thing that separates them is that Diablo 3 is a gigantic pos that evolves around a AH and destroys everything about that genre of game.

Quote:

I've watched professional players compete in HotS and guess what it was? Zergling rushes and Obelisks or w/e the **** those things are called, been a long time, vs Siege tanks and marine drops... OH THE CHANGE!

They've changed the names of some units and redesigned their looks, whooptydoo, and there were like 2 new units I can't compare to something from SC1 on Protoss. Amazing!

$40 for 20 new campaign maps. Sorry... not worth it. Should have been 1 game. But that's Activision for ya.

patteeu 04-15-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9588787)
LOL! No they aren't. They are similar in many ways. The one thing that separates them is that Diablo 3 is a gigantic pos that evolves around a AH and destroys everything about that genre of game.

I've watched professional players compete in HotS and guess what it was? Zergling rushes and Obelisks or w/e the **** those things are called, been a long time, vs Siege tanks and marine drops... OH THE CHANGE!

They've changed the names of some units and redesigned their looks, whooptydoo, and there were like 2 new units I can't compare to something from SC1 on Protoss. Amazing!

$40 for 20 new campaign maps. Sorry... not worth it. Should have been 1 game. But that's Activision for ya.

My mom thinks that all of these units look the same too. You two should lunch together.

jd1020 04-15-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9588887)
My mom thinks that all of these units look the same too. You two should lunch together.

Pics?

patteeu 04-15-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9588919)
Pics?

:)

Pants 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9587621)
I was not a big fan of these games, the camera angles and such really annoyed me to no end.

Huh? That's crazy talk. You can spin and pan and zoom the camera any way you want.

Setsuna 04-30-2013 11:23 AM

Freaking Dark Souls. That big knight in the Undead Burg killed me. I dropped him with the parry animation finisher and i was like, "Woooo! Yeah!" Then he got back up and skewered me. WTF?

Jerm 04-30-2013 01:54 PM

I've fallen off the wagon...diving back into WoW.

I need a 12 step program lol :facepalm:

There isn't another game where I can reel off hours and hours at a time like this.

jd1020 04-30-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9646348)
I've fallen off the wagon...diving back into WoW.

I need a 12 step program lol :facepalm:

There isn't another game where I can reel off hours and hours at a time like this.

Luckily for me I didn't buy MoP and after I quit a few years ago someone hacked my account and its frozen. So I'd have to call in and sit on hold for 45+ minutes to get it back. Thank jesus.

The Franchise 04-30-2013 04:02 PM

I never got into WoW. I tried....but it was just boring as shit to me.

Jerm 04-30-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9646588)

A lot of my family and friends plays it...my wife, sister in law and her husband, brother in law, nephew, etc.

It's one of the reasons I enjoy it so much....

Mav 04-30-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

i couldnt either. My recruiter brought me over to his house, cause we are still friends, and he has this entire room in his basement all dedicated to gaming. Got the alien computer, the personalized keyboards. And, i, i, i just was like dude, this is beyond tragic. **** this shit, i need a beer.

jd1020 04-30-2013 05:56 PM

I absolutely hate the changes they have made to the game since the original. The flying mounts have removed all of the world pvp and everything has become an instance, for the most part. You don't even have to travel any more, you can just queue up and once the queue pops you are ported into the areas.

With all that said its still far and away the best MMO on the market. And after 9 years, that's pretty pathetic.

Jerm 04-30-2013 07:25 PM

I don't even know if I'll dabble with MoP...don't know if its worth the money or not...

Demonpenz 04-30-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Consider yourself lucky. I remember trying crack and lot liking it too much at first. Then you know I started eating my own fingers.

Setsuna 05-01-2013 12:40 AM

The only reason I'd go back to WoW is that I could run it smoothly on my 2 year old laptop just the same as someone with a state of the art gaming computer. It wouldn't look as good but I wouldn't lag out over spec issues. That's what that game has going for it. I don't understand why rival companies don't understand this. Tera's graphics settings were too high, I lagged in instances constantly and those BAM fights were terrible. And then Rift sucked as well. Those events with all those players owned me. And the fact that I was forced to increase my graphics setting to even see the animations to know if I was using my abilities or not which lagged me out was the worst. It's mind boggling how companies can't fathom this and is the reason why WoW is still king.

Oh and obligatory WoW moment: "FML, the kid woke up. BRB." Just pathetic.

Rausch 05-01-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9647966)

Oh and obligatory WoW moment: "FML, the kid woke up. BRB." Just pathetic.

I was never a WOW fan but my brother was nuts deep in all that.

Anyway, we (the prison) hired a guy the other day named (hand to gawd) Le'Roy Genkins.

I was not happy about absolutely no one getting the joke when I got called into the Major's office...

Setsuna 05-01-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9647993)
I was never a WOW fan but my brother was nuts deep in all that.

Anyway, we (the prison) hired a guy the other day named (hand to gawd) Le'Roy Genkins.

I was not happy about absolutely no one getting the joke when I got called into the Major's office...

ROFLROFLROFLROFL probably the only place where he can't get ridiculed for that name. Dang.

Setsuna 05-03-2013 11:20 AM

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ Finally beat the Black Knight. I might farm that guy.