ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Is golf a sport tom watson wears depends and a 14 year old ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272046)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-13-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583731)
Incorrect.

If you're good at golf, you are a good athlete.

Golfing is not like bowling. In order to be a GOOD golfer...you HAVE to be athletic.

This isn't debatable.

ROFL

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583731)
Incorrect.

If you're good at golf, you are a good athlete.

Golfing is not like bowling. In order to be a GOOD golfer...you HAVE to be athletic.

This isn't debatable.

Tell that to the fat ****s and old ****s that are good at it. You can have a caddy and honestly walking all day and standing around until you go again is not physically demanding. It is a precision sport.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:25 PM

Ridiculous.

I'm talking scratch golfers.

I don't consider an old guy or a "fat ****" who drives the ball 180 but straight to be "good" at golf.

and are you saying all fat people aren't athletes? because one is fat, he doesn't have any athletic ability?

the idea that a scratch golfer isn't athletic is ****ING CRIMINALLY STUPID

It's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-13-2013 03:26 PM

Time to rename the Lounge "Hootie's Law"

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:26 PM

these are the same people who think baseball players aren't athletes because they don't play basketball

baseball players are better athletes than football players, I'll tell you that

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9583755)
Time to rename the Lounge "Hootie's Law"

Well I'm sorry I'm not a complete dipshit.

I can't believe a bunch of people who are probably not golfers, or ****ing terrible want to run around and say golfers aren't athletic because they have no idea what the **** they are talking about.

I mean, that's just a stupid ****ing opinion.

I realize people are entitled to opinions but when they are ****ing stupid I'm going to call them ****ing stupid for having ****ing stupid opinions, that's fair, isn't it?

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 03:29 PM

How athletic these men are.

http://ntcf.files.wordpress.com/2011...daly-pants.jpg

morphius 04-13-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583736)
ok but, being a casual league bowler with a 185 average...

you're right

that's totally average in terms of bowling

but to the average joe who bowls twice a year...when you tell them you have a 185 average they think you're god

I went from not having any idea on how to bowl to learning how to throw a hook, to learning how to throw a hook correctly...to learning where to stand to pick up spares to learning how to adjust

in about a week

bowling is a skill
golf is a sport

You argument is missing the fact that there are a lot of good golfers that are not in great shape. To be a great golfer you may need to be, but to be good, that just isn't true. Just because it takes longer to be mediocre doesn't mean anything.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-13-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583756)
these are the same people who think baseball players aren't athletes because they don't play basketball

baseball players are better athletes than football players, I'll tell you that

I went through entire basketball seasons leading up to baseball and I'll say that no matter how good of shape I thought I was in, getting ready for baseball kicked my ass more often than not. Just entirely different muscle groups and conditioning.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:32 PM

so because John Daly isn't in shape, at all, he's not an athlete?

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

So every retired athlete that gets fat is no longer an athlete.

That's ****ing stupid.

You don't have to be Vernon Gholston cut and be able to run marathons to be athletic.

Are you guys just really stupid, or just kind of stupid?

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:33 PM

I mean...what?

I'm so lost here. I have plenty of fat ass friends who have athletic ability.

Athletic ability can be hand eye coordination for god's sake. If you have spectacular hand-eye coordination and can catch a laser pass from Brett Favre or drain 10 3's in a row...

YOU'RE ATHLETIC...WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE IN SHAPE...YOU'RE STILL ATHLETIC

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:34 PM

you can take the most physically fit...in shape marathon runner dipshit in the world...if he doesn't have hand eye coordination, he can't be an athlete...he can't shoot a basketball, he can't stop a grounder, he can't catch a pass, he can't throw a ball..

AND HE CERTAINLY CAN'T HIT A GOLF BALL (WELL)

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 03:36 PM

OK, I see what you're saying. You're applying a very nuanced definition to "athletic."

Golfers are athletic...just in a different, smaller way. They're certainly less athletic, though. Their athleticism is defined very narrowly.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583754)
Ridiculous.

I'm talking scratch golfers.

I don't consider an old guy or a "fat ****" who drives the ball 180 but straight to be "good" at golf.

and are you saying all fat people aren't athletes? because one is fat, he doesn't have any athletic ability?

the idea that a scratch golfer isn't athletic is ****ING CRIMINALLY STUPID

It's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

No. They have NATURAL athletic ability such as good balance and hand eye coordination. Being athletic is having NATURAL athletic ability. Being an athlete requires participating in athletics.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583777)
No. They have NATURAL athletic ability such as good balance and hand eye coordination. Being athletic is having NATURAL athletic ability. Being an athlete requires participating in athletics.

What? No.

I ****ing guarantee you Rory McIlroy is better at every sport...golf, baseball, basketball than 99% of this board.

Why you ask?

BECAUSE HE IS NATURALLY MORE ATHLETIC THAN ALL OF US.

You can't be a scratch golfer and not be an athlete.

It's impossible.

I promise.

There is no ****ing way.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:40 PM

It is FACT!

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:40 PM

and that means if a sponsor said, "hey Rory you can't play golf for a year but we'll give you a billion dollars and you have to see how good you'd become at basketball..."

guarantee you in a month or so he'd be a good enough basketball player to make everyone say, "wow, he is athletic!"

why? because to be ONE OF THE BEST GOLFERS IN THE WORLD, you have to have NATURAL ATHLETIC ABILITY.

That's 100% fact.

Spott 04-13-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583531)
anybody who considers golf not to be a sport probably

A) doesn't golf

or

B) is a super shitty golfer

When I'm too out of shape to play other sports, then I'll consider playing golf.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:41 PM

MeatRock

and you must answer this honestly...

when was the last time you golfed and how many times per year, on average, do you golf?

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583785)
and that means if a sponsor said, "hey Rory you can't play golf for a year but we'll give you a billion dollars and you have to see how good you'd become at basketball..."

guarantee you in a month or so he'd be a good enough basketball player to make everyone say, "wow, he is athletic!"

He's 5-foot-9, moron.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583785)

why? because to be ONE OF THE BEST GOLFERS IN THE WORLD, you have to have NATURAL ATHLETIC ABILITY.

That's 100% fact.

Having NATURAL athletic ability does not make you an athlete dude. Know the difference.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583787)
MeatRock

and you must answer this honestly...

when was the last time you golfed and how many times per year, on average, do you golf?

I don't golf, but that doesn't prove any point logically.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9583786)
When I'm too out of shape to play other sports, then I'll consider playing golf.

and before my ****ing knee injury I played in a basketball league, flag football, bowling and three softball leagues in the summer and still manage to golf about once a week...

the only one that isn't a sport is bowling AND IF YOU'RE AN ATHLETE, you pick up bowling much faster than non athletes...

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583789)
Having NATURAL athletic ability does not make you an athlete dude. Know the difference.

Yes it does. ROFL

Just because Bo Jackson is a fastass with no hips doesn't mean he's no longer an athlete.

My god.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583791)
I don't golf, but that doesn't prove any point logically.

Uhm, yes it does.

It means you're judging something that you don't do...it's ridiculous.

You don't golf so you don't know how ridiculous the SPORT is...and how much athletic talent it takes to be good at said sport.

Because Tiger Woods is an incredible ATHLETE and one of the best ATHLETES of all time.

Spott 04-13-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583792)
and before my ****ing knee injury I played in a basketball league, flag football, bowling and three softball leagues in the summer and still manage to golf about once a week...

the only one that isn't a sport is bowling AND IF YOU'RE AN ATHLETE, you pick up bowling much faster than non athletes...

So after your knee injury, you were still able to golf but unable to play football, basketball and softball?

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:46 PM

I fail to see how having an immense amount of athletic ability but no longer being active in sport doesn't make you an athlete.

I keep saying "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" but then someone tops it so I have to say "god damn, that's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard" like a god damn broken record.

Spott 04-13-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583795)
Uhm, yes it does.

You don't golf so you don't know how ridiculous the SPORT is...and how much athletic talent it takes to be good at said sport.

Because Tiger Woods is an incredible ATHLETE and one of the best ATHLETES of all time.

Best golfers of all time, maybe. He walks from hole to hole and makes a caddy carry his clubs which probably makes his caddy a better athlete than him.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9583796)
So after your knee injury, you were still able to golf but unable to play football, basketball and softball?

so because right now my knee prevents me from playing basketball or flag football I'm no longer an athlete?

lol lol lol lol lol

I'll go make 20 free throws in a row...

is that not athletic?

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9583798)
Best golfers of all time. He walks from hole to hole and makes a caddy carry his clubs which probably makes his caddy a better athlete than him.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I think this board makes me a dumber person.

I really do.

Spott 04-13-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583799)
so because right now my knee prevents me from playing basketball or flag football I'm no longer an athlete?

lol lol lol lol lol

is that not athletic?

You missed the point. Your knee injury prevents you from playing athletic sports, but you can probably still play golf on a bum knee.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583795)
Uhm, yes it does.

I never said it doesn't take athletic talent. It takes NATURAL athletic talent like balance and hand eye coordination. It is not physically demanding. And no Tiger Woods is not one of the best athletes off all time. He's just really ****ing good at golf.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9583802)
You missed the point. Your knee injury prevents you from playing athletic sports, but you can probably still play golf on a bum knee.

so in order to be an athlete you have to play sports that require running and jumping?

do people really actually think these things?

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583804)
so in order to be an athlete you have to play sports that require running and jumping?

Do you deny that the elite athletes in football and basketball are higher level athletes than Tom Daly and all the other fat, slow, disgusting golfers?

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583799)

Post a video of this.

You can't do it.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583803)
I never said it doesn't take athletic talent. It takes NATURAL athletic talent like balance and hand eye coordination. It is not physically demanding. And no Tiger Woods is not one of the best athletes off all time. He's just really ****ing good at golf.

I have a hard time talking about golf and whether or not it requires athleticism with someone who doesn't golf.

I don't talk about lean cuisine with Frazod because I don't constantly eat and don't consider myself to be an expert in something I don't do a lot of.

Spott 04-13-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583804)

People that can actually run and jump do. People that can't just play golf.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583809)
I have a hard time talking about golf and whether or not it requires athleticism with someone who doesn't golf.

I don't talk about lean cuisine with Frazod because I don't constantly eat and don't consider myself to be an expert in something I don't do a lot of.

You have a hard time with it because deep down you know it's true. Do you know the difference between NATURAL athletic ability and physical athletic ability?

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583806)
Do you deny that the elite athletes in football and basketball are higher level athletes than Tom Daly and all the other fat, slow, disgusting golfers?

his name is John

and I think basketball players are the best athletes in the world...I'm pretty sure LeBron could excel at any sport he put his mind to...

he'd be the best NFL player to ever play, no doubt in my mind

I think golfers like Tiger Woods are definitely more athletic than most NFL players. Absolutely.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583812)
You have a hard time with it because deep down you know it's true. Do you know the difference between NATURAL athletic ability and physical athletic ability?

what?

that's your argument

golfers are athletes but not physical athletes?

In that case...

ok I guess!

What?

hahahah

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583813)
his name is John

and I think basketball players are the best athletes in the world...I'm pretty sure LeBron could excel at any sport he put his mind to...

he'd be the best NFL player to ever play, no doubt in my mind

I think golfers like Tiger Woods are definitely more athletic than most NFL players. Absolutely.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583807)
Post a video of this.

You can't do it.

well I'm at work

but if you really want me to do this, I will

I guarantee you I can make 20 free throws in a row

it may take 15 minutes or 10 tries...

but there is no doubt in my mind I can do it...shit I won the Knights of Columbus area free throw championship in Overland Park, KS when I was 10 years old for crying out loud...

NO BIG DEAL

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583816)
what?

that's your argument

golfers are athletes but not physical athletes?

In that case...

ok I guess!

What?

hahahah

You're showing complete ignorance.

Spott 04-13-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

I think golfers like Tiger Woods are definitely more athletic than most NFL players.

ROFL

No.

And you can't make 20 FTs in a row.

Prove it. You do it...I'll ban myself for a week.

Frazod 04-13-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583809)

Boy, I'm just living

in your little servile head

lately

aren't I?

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583817)
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

for instance, NFL receivers play receiver because they weren't good enough to play in the NBA

see Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and Tony Gonzalez

I know for a fact if the NBA shut down and you couldn't make money playing basketball anymore the NBA players would absolutely take the NFL by storm and take over the WR, CB, S and even rush backer/DE position. TE as well, obviously.

LeBron would be more freakish of a player on either side of the ball than Calvin Johnson.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583818)
well I'm at work

but if you really want me to do this, I will

I guarantee you I can make 20 free throws in a row

it may take 15 minutes or 10 tries...

but there is no doubt in my mind I can do it...shit I won the Knights of Columbus area free throw championship in Overland Park, KS when I was 10 years old for crying out loud...

NO BIG DEAL

You have until tomorrow to post a video of it.

You don't do it you're banned for a week.

You do it, I'm banned for a week.

GET ON IT MFER

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583823)
ROFL

No.

And you can't make 20 FTs in a row.

Prove it. You do it...I'll ban myself for a week.

This may be to good to pass up.

I'm 100% certain I can make 20 free throws in a row.

Spott 04-13-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583829)

GET ON IT MFER

**** that. If he's a golfer he should be able to dunk it from the free throw line just like Tiger and Rory do.

Psyko Tek 04-13-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9581154)
golf is a sport. youre moving your body, using your brain, burning calories, and competing against other people. convince me golf is not a sport

no cheerleaders
not a sport

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:00 PM

No lowering the hoop or playing on a kid's goal or something...****ing real ass FTs.

20 in a row.

You have 48 hrs.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583829)

GET ON IT MFER

Nope.

My day off is Thursday.

Dude I worked at Dave and Busters and I had the record on the free throw game...I made 26 free throws in 40 seconds. That requires not missing. Mike Bibby made 24.

Now, I got to do it over and over and over and over and me and one of the game techs did this for hours and hours and hours every week because we were the only two that could break 40 let alone 50...

but this is a 100% certainty...I've done it countless times in my life

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:01 PM

OK. Post it on Thursday. A video. On a real basketball hoop. And a real free throw line.

You making 20 FTs.

No editing, no bullshit, or the bet is off.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:02 PM

I'll let you know on Thursday morning if I decide to go do this. It'll require talking my roommate into coming with me since I'll need someone to video tape it.

Spott 04-13-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583834)
No lowering the hoop or playing on a kid's goal or something...****ing real ass FTs.

20 in a row.

You have 48 hrs.

Wouldn't that be easy to edit in a video if you just cut out all the misses? Heck, you could probably find a video online of someone doing it and download it to your computer and claim it was you.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:02 PM

We could also do offseason sigs if you like.

Whatever, I'm going to expose you, fraud.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9583839)
Wouldn't that be easy to edit in a video if you just cut out all the misses? Heck, you could probably find a video online of someone doing it and download it to your computer and claim it was you.

Hootie doesn't have my athletic ability to edit video.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:04 PM

it's such a layup of a bet that I probably will do it just for the **** of it

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:04 PM

dude it'll be on a cell phone video...a droid razr...I have no idea how to edit a video and I'm sure my friend will be heckling me in the background the entire time

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583842)
Hootie doesn't have my athletic ability to edit video.

ROFL

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:11 PM

PS - don't cop out because your friend can't film it.

Set your camera against a rock or a shoe or something.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:12 PM

That might be hard to do with a cell phone.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:13 PM

well the people arguing against me are MeatRock, who doesn't golf, and Claythan, an admitted terrible athlete

so uh yeah

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:13 PM

Hootie can always just keep trying over and over and over until he makes 20 in a row. With enough repetition and tries, i could see someone making 20 in a row.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583860)
That might be hard to do with a cell phone.

you seen these phones these days?

my phone shoots HD video

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583864)
Hootie can always just keep trying over and over and over until he makes 20 in a row. With enough repetition and tries, i could see someone making 20 in a row.

well no ****ing shit

I've done it countless times.

It may take an hour...shit, I don't know.

but this is honestly a layup bet

you see, I have athletic ability...I was an 80% free throw shooter in high school.

I am 100% certain I can make 20 in a row...I used to do it at Dave and Busters every single day WITH A 40 SECOND CLOCK to make as many as you could.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:15 PM

I'm not really arguing against you.

Golf is a sport (a horribly boring sport, but a sport nonetheless), and golfers are athletes (just lower level athletes).

You're a complete idiot for saying Tiger Woods is more athletic than NFL players, though.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583863)
well the people arguing against me are MeatRock, who doesn't golf, and Claythan, an admitted terrible athlete

so uh yeah

Look Hootie, i have golfed, i just don't golf alot. Therefore i am not ignorant in the subject. That is why i said i don't golf, because i don't play it like golfers play.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:16 PM

FYI I'm not a terrible athlete.

If my youth hadn't been wasted being fat and stupid I probably could have played HS sports.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583869)

Golf is a sport (a horribly boring sport, but a sport nonetheless), and golfers are athletes (just lower level athletes).

You're a complete idiot for saying Tiger Woods is more athletic than NFL players, though.

NFL players are amazing athletes

not as amazing as NBA players

and golfers are also amazing athletes

the only people who think otherwise are people who don't golf or don't golf well

PLAIN
AND
SIMPLE

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:19 PM

My entire family golfs except me really, because i don't consider myself a golfer.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583877)
NFL players are amazing athletes

not as amazing as NBA players

and golfers are also amazing athletes

the only people who think otherwise are people who don't golf or don't golf well

PLAIN
AND
SIMPLE

I never said that golf is not a sport or that it doesn't take athletic ability to play it. There are different levels and kinds of athletic ability. Balance and hand eye coordination is different than strenuous muscle usage.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:27 PM

and when did I argue ANY of that?

my points were GOLF IS A SPORT and GOLF REQUIRES ATHLETIC ABILITY

Stewie 04-13-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583869)

Maybe if you weren't Sasquatch as a kid you'd understand what it takes to play any sport.

To say Tyson Jackson is an athlete and Tiger Woods is not shows your feeble ability and mind.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9583889)
Maybe if you weren't Sasquatch as a kid you'd understand what it takes to play any sport.

To say Tyson Jackson is an athlete and Tiger Woods is not shows your feeble ability and mind.

:facepalm:

I didn't say Tiger Woods is not an athlete.

FYI I played football or basketball pretty much every weekend when I was a kid...so STFU about my "understanding."

mikey23545 04-13-2013 04:51 PM

Is capitalizing letters, using punctuation, and understanding and utilizing the rules of grammar a sport?

Discuss.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 04:57 PM

Are competitive first-person-shooter gamers athletes?

Those guys have disgusting hand-eye coordination, reaction time, concentration, etc.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9583934)
Are competitive first-person-shooters athletes?

Those guys have disgusting hand-eye coordination, reaction time, concentration, etc.

if that's true then I'm sure they are definitely athletes

I'd have to see them swing a baseball bat or something though...hit an 80 MPH fastball or swish a few 3s in a row

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9583917)
Is capitalizing letters, using punctuation, and understanding and utilizing the rules of grammar a sport?

Discuss.

Depends. I type 90 WPM accurately. That's pretty athletic! ROFL