ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Gordon Ramsay decides he can't help a restaurant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272965)

The Franchise 05-14-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9681837)
If this place isn't a money laundering operation, I don't know what is.

Sammy screamed 'Don't call the police'. This was one of the only things he really stood up to his wife on. I think Sammy is involved in serious criminal shit and he doesn't want Johnny Law to come poking around and causing any disruptions to the money losing business here. I’m not sure if the fact that they don’t trust anyone else to run the place has anything to do with that, or whether they’re just nuts. If they were smarter, I feel like they could let it run itself. See point #4 for a possible reason for that.

The place is clearly hemorrhaging money. All those fresh veggies come at a huge premium in Arizona and no one is buying them since no one eats there. This is a tactic to inflate food costs and make the on-the-books profits (from crime) a bit more believable. You have high prices and ‘quality ingredients’ and on its face, it looks like a classy place dealing in high-quality, high-margin food that’s doing very, very well. In reality, they’re buying top-dollar with dirty money and selling nothing.

Putting all of that money into the facilities, kitchen equipment and the dining area is a way to build tangible equity in a property, paid for by dirty money, of course. This is similar to how house flipping has become the new Las Vegas for cleaning dirty money. Even if you put 100k of criminal money into a house and sell it for 80k, you still made 80k in clean money (and the write off for the business loss – more clean money).

And what you ask is Sammi’s other ‘legitimate’ business enterprise? Custom home building. Same ****ing principle: Build equity in something tangible with dirty money, sell it (at a loss or profit, who gives a ****) and money comes clean out the other side.

The compensation structure for servers is just another money cleaning tactic. The money from tips never hits the books. It’s pocketed immediately and spent on gas, food, clothes etc. All the sorts of stuff that is bought in a day that isn’t traced and is used up (burned, eaten, thrown out etc.) when it’s done.

You keep the clean, un-traceable cash coming in (tips), and then pay out more money in wages to lose money so that the money that comes in from crime doesn’t make the place look TOO profitable. If they weren’t so wretched and money hungry they would just let the girls work on tips like most people, but they’re so narcissistic, deluded and downright evil that they think they’re entitled to it and don’t know when to stop.

They are mean to people because well, they’re nuts, but also because Sammy doesn’t actually give much of a **** if many people come in or not. If a few quiet, agreeable customers come in and eat, so be it. For Sammy, this place is an annoyance. He hates being there and knows it’s a waste of his legitimate criminal time to have to deal with it.

He was just stupid and married a crazy ‘trophy wife’ who thinks she can cook and the less he has to do in a day in terms of dealing with angry customers, the better. Hell, he might have married her BECAUSE he thought she was stupid enough to believe she’s making money when no one comes in. To me that’s why a lot of that bad food is just thrown away; otherwise she gets crazy and causes more disruptions to the fence.

Ever wonder why he doesn’t know how to use the POS system, but insists on using it? Because one day one of those girls is going to see ALL of these tables and checks listed on there that never actually came in, and then she’ll ask why. Since she knows more about the system than he, she won’t buy the lie he tells her. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a small part of the reason for the staff turnover: They don’t want anyone knowing too much.

Because the thing is, at the end of the day, he can just make up checks and bills and act like all these customers came in and paid them lots of money for food, but just as long as the place isn’t completely empty all the time and then reporting big profits, there shouldn’t be any huge red flags so as long as the taxes keep coming into the IRS and the place keeps a quiet reputation.

But SOMEBODY just had to call Ramsey and blow the whole cover….

It could also be why they're closed whenever either one of them aren't working.

Halfcan 05-14-2013 02:37 PM

yep definately a scam business- hope the cops shut them down and they go to jail.

Randallflagg 05-14-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9681837)
If this place isn't a money laundering operation, I don't know what is.

Sammy screamed 'Don't call the police'. This was one of the only things he really stood up to his wife on. I think Sammy is involved in serious criminal shit and he doesn't want Johnny Law to come poking around and causing any disruptions to the money losing business here. I’m not sure if the fact that they don’t trust anyone else to run the place has anything to do with that, or whether they’re just nuts. If they were smarter, I feel like they could let it run itself. See point #4 for a possible reason for that.

The place is clearly hemorrhaging money. All those fresh veggies come at a huge premium in Arizona and no one is buying them since no one eats there. This is a tactic to inflate food costs and make the on-the-books profits (from crime) a bit more believable. You have high prices and ‘quality ingredients’ and on its face, it looks like a classy place dealing in high-quality, high-margin food that’s doing very, very well. In reality, they’re buying top-dollar with dirty money and selling nothing.

Putting all of that money into the facilities, kitchen equipment and the dining area is a way to build tangible equity in a property, paid for by dirty money, of course. This is similar to how house flipping has become the new Las Vegas for cleaning dirty money. Even if you put 100k of criminal money into a house and sell it for 80k, you still made 80k in clean money (and the write off for the business loss – more clean money).

And what you ask is Sammi’s other ‘legitimate’ business enterprise? Custom home building. Same ****ing principle: Build equity in something tangible with dirty money, sell it (at a loss or profit, who gives a ****) and money comes clean out the other side.

The compensation structure for servers is just another money cleaning tactic. The money from tips never hits the books. It’s pocketed immediately and spent on gas, food, clothes etc. All the sorts of stuff that is bought in a day that isn’t traced and is used up (burned, eaten, thrown out etc.) when it’s done.

You keep the clean, un-traceable cash coming in (tips), and then pay out more money in wages to lose money so that the money that comes in from crime doesn’t make the place look TOO profitable. If they weren’t so wretched and money hungry they would just let the girls work on tips like most people, but they’re so narcissistic, deluded and downright evil that they think they’re entitled to it and don’t know when to stop.

They are mean to people because well, they’re nuts, but also because Sammy doesn’t actually give much of a **** if many people come in or not. If a few quiet, agreeable customers come in and eat, so be it. For Sammy, this place is an annoyance. He hates being there and knows it’s a waste of his legitimate criminal time to have to deal with it.

He was just stupid and married a crazy ‘trophy wife’ who thinks she can cook and the less he has to do in a day in terms of dealing with angry customers, the better. Hell, he might have married her BECAUSE he thought she was stupid enough to believe she’s making money when no one comes in. To me that’s why a lot of that bad food is just thrown away; otherwise she gets crazy and causes more disruptions to the fence.

Ever wonder why he doesn’t know how to use the POS system, but insists on using it? Because one day one of those girls is going to see ALL of these tables and checks listed on there that never actually came in, and then she’ll ask why. Since she knows more about the system than he, she won’t buy the lie he tells her. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a small part of the reason for the staff turnover: They don’t want anyone knowing too much.

Because the thing is, at the end of the day, he can just make up checks and bills and act like all these customers came in and paid them lots of money for food, but just as long as the place isn’t completely empty all the time and then reporting big profits, there shouldn’t be any huge red flags so as long as the taxes keep coming into the IRS and the place keeps a quiet reputation.

But SOMEBODY just had to call Ramsey and blow the whole cover….

Damn dude....never really consider this angle, but you just might be on to something here...

I have to admit, I have never seen the show until the night this aired and I happened to see it completely by accident. I can not recall a time in my life when I sat in my family room, watching the television, with my mouth hung open (stupefied) with my sandwich in my hand - for a solid 26 minutes.

When the second commercial break came, I looked at my Wife and said - "This is the craziest sh*t I have ever seen...." She had the same, stunned look on her mug as well.....

Pasta Little Brioni 05-14-2013 03:02 PM

You guys work your magic and bring them to CP

ToxSocks 05-14-2013 03:11 PM

If it was a money laundering scam, why would they want to be on National T.V?

GoChargers 05-14-2013 03:15 PM

Apparently the crazy bitch also wrote a fake review on Yelp defending herself:

Quote:

Dr V.

Santa Monica, CA
USA

Such hatred and animosity, and so many fake reviews from people who have never even eaten there but only heard about the place on tv.

What's really so bad about it?

They have frozen raviolis? Most restaurants utilize frozen food a lot more. Almost everything at ABC is made from scratch and they use quality, organic ingredients.

They take the slow food approach rather than zapping everything in a microwave? Who the hell goes to a bistro for fast food?

Are the owners vile and evil for demanding competence in their employees? That restaurant's floor is cleaner than most people's dining room tables. Would people the restaurant rather take on the industry norm of employing illegals and jerk offs who cut corners as much as they can?

The customer is not always right. It's one thing to criticize a dish because it lacks authenticity, the ingredients are sub par, the dish's execution is abysmal...and another to critique a dish simply because one didn't "like" it in expectation of a freebie....people should know what they like and order accordingly. That's common sense. Likewise, I fail to see the merits of someone without an understanding of certain foods attempting to argue about them and to be taken seriously. Contrary to popular belief, not every opinion is valid, especially one that is not well informed. I applaud the owner for telling those kind of people off.

As for the tip debacle.... it's refreshing to see restaurant staff doing their job because they're paid to do it, not in expectation of a tip. I also wonder if people realize how hard it is to find good workers for a restaurant. Should they just hire illegals like Ramsay's Vegas joints do?

The fake reviews on here are exactly the kind of infantile cyber bullying the owners complained about on tv.

What I will say is this, the owners are perfectionists and the impeccable attention to detail at their restaurant makes it very clear. They're also extremely genuine people, what you see is what you get, if they make a real mistake they own up to it...if they're right, they'll defend themselves. Crazy? I call it normal. Should Samy have to apologize for not being brought up in a culture where people are taught to pander to the lowest denominator like we're all on the short bus? I think not!

As far as the tv show goes, the guests portrayed on tv get reservations knowing it's for the filming of Kitchen Nightmares and thus are extra picky and or want to say something guaranteeing them some airtime. Keep in mind that episodes are edited and what makes the final cut isn't an honest portrayal, but rather what makes good airtime...The show is called "Kitchen Nightmares" so what kind of slant do you expect?

I also have to say, I've eaten at other restaurants Ramsay has "helped" and his changes drove them to the ground. He had an Italian and a Greek restaurant Americanize their menus and the outcome was for from spectacular. He gutted another's iconic decor and old skool menu and drove more customers away once the short term trendiness factor wore off. What I'd love to see on Kitchen Nightmares is an episode on some of Ramsay's Vegas joints!

But as far as Amy's Baking Company goes, the pizzas are amazing and more than fairly priced considering the quality you're getting... Does slow food take time? Sure...if you want go to a bistro/patisserie expecting fast food you're not qualified to review the restaurant......Some of the toppings seem off, like pears and prosciutto, pork and apples, or mango and chicken, but it takes a real chef to pull a combo like that off, and ABC does it. But what takes the cake...ehem...literally! Is their vegetarian pizza...light, fresh, each quality ingredient stands out, and incorporates all the flavors of the Mediterranean from France to Lebanon...a sea of flavors in each bite....

Haters can hate, but the restaurant's quality speaks for itself....it's around regardless of the haters for a reason! Most of them just seem like immature individuals throwing tantrums because the owners of ABC don't pander to mediocrity....which the haters apparently identify with.

Lprechaun 05-14-2013 03:16 PM

Yesterday when I saw this I watched the vids, then visited their FB page. They had about 900 likes I think when I looked.... now they have almost 20k.

Ecto-I 05-14-2013 03:17 PM

Most epic Facebook meltdown ever!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...-facebook-ever

highBOLTage 05-14-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9682095)

Wife orchestrates it. She is probably in the dark on it as well as being in the dark on her being a terrible cook as the husband shielded her from the criticism/send-backs.

ToxSocks 05-14-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highBOLTage (Post 9682169)
Wife orchestrates it. She is probably in the dark on it as well as being in the dark on her being a terrible cook as the husband shielded her from the criticism/send-backs.

Even if the wife orchestrated it, the Husband agreed to it. If the husband has the balls to say "don't call the cops" then he probably has the balls to say "don't call the show".

Lprechaun 05-14-2013 04:23 PM

Now claiming their FB was hacked.... this is a priceless meltdown

ToxSocks 05-14-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9682299)
Now claiming their FB was hacked.... this is a priceless meltdown

Ah yes. The ol' "i was hacked" excuse.

Stanley Nickels 05-14-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9682095)

A thousand times, this.

Stanley Nickels 05-14-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9682232)
Even if the wife orchestrated it, the Husband agreed to it. If the husband has the balls to say "don't call the cops" then he probably has the balls to say "don't call the show".

I meant this a thousand times.

Stanley Nickels 05-14-2013 04:32 PM

/b/res/480112635

They're on it.

Just in case you were curious.

fan4ever 05-14-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9682120)

Jeez, if they didn't spend so much time on these sites, she MIGHT have time to make those Raviolis from scratch.

DJ's left nut 05-14-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9682320)
/b/res/480112635

They're on it.

Just in case you were curious.

Oh.

Well that is certainly not good.

These people are friggen done. "Gangsta" or not, that is an army you certainly do not want rallying against you. Good luck, Sam ol' boy, you're going to need it.

Hammock Parties 05-14-2013 05:10 PM

hax

http://i.imgur.com/dCUpNoy.jpg

MMXcalibur 05-14-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9682430)

I KNEW IT!

They are good, honest, hardworking people. They're just getting a bad rap.

TLO 05-14-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

ROFL

The Franchise 05-14-2013 05:26 PM

LMAO

FBI Computer Crimes Unit

MMXcalibur 05-14-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Screengrab from a live feed at FBI headquarters.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investig.../cybermen2.jpg

TLO 05-15-2013 04:14 AM

Oh Crazy Amy.. you dumb bitch

Rausch 05-15-2013 04:22 AM

This old man too dumb to cut this gunt loose will end up beat down.

People will go there just to egg them on and eventually someone won't put up him/her pushing them and calling them out.

I won't feel sorry for him because he's a twisted ****ing stick as well but it's inevitable...

DaveNull 05-15-2013 06:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/VZWM24Z.jpg

Hammock Parties 05-15-2013 07:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/NMNqH.gif

The Bad Guy 05-15-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9679478)
The thing is, I generally sympathize with people on Kitchen Nightmares because Ramsey kinda acts like he forgets how unbelievably hard running a restaurant is.

They fail...a lot. And the people that run them are often putting every thing they have into them, both their time and money. It's an all-consuming challenge that these people often undertake.

And then Ramsey shows up, calls them cocks and acts like it's just the easiest thing in the world and they're silly assholes for getting it wrong. Then he acts stunned when people get upset about it, as though any of us would be totally okay with having someone blast what we've given our lives to try to create.

But this ****ing lunatic...well she's beyond sympathy. This woman and her husband are just in another world. I've rarely seen anyone so far removed from reality. It's pretty incredible.

I can see it both ways.

The restaurants are reaching out for help. They need the exposure, guidance and help. It's really not rocket science though when the business is empty and they cut corners with the food and staff, the profits are going to be in the tank.

What gets me is when the owners of the drowning business legitimately think the food isn't the problem. Of course it is.

If I was in that position, I would hope it was because the food sucked and I needed some help and guidance. If the food doesn't suck, and the staff is competent, there's a much bigger issue if there's no business.

mcan 05-15-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9685270)
I can see it both ways.

The restaurants are reaching out for help. They need the exposure, guidance and help. It's really not rocket science though when the business is empty and they cut corners with the food and staff, the profits are going to be in the tank.

What gets me is when the owners of the drowning business legitimately think the food isn't the problem. Of course it is.

If I was in that position, I would hope it was because the food sucked and I needed some help and guidance. If the food doesn't suck, and the staff is competent, there's a much bigger issue if there's no business.

Well, the devil is in the details. Ramsey is an asshole and an elitist prick. But... When the owner is keeping tip money... That's insane. Just... Insane. Making people wash his car? Insane... Found himself a little trophy wife (some prize), and let her run her dream business. But she's rotten too. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the food was actually okay, but the atmosphere was just poison.

Namor40 05-16-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9677969)
I ****ing hate Gordon Ramsey and his schtick. Someone needs to put that prick in his place. Why do ppl watch these cooking and rrestaurant shows...they are terrible. Only reason I watch them is my GF puts that garbage on

When you're damn good at what you do, you can get away with being a prick. That said, I think he puts on more of an act for American audiences than anything else. I've watched the original British Kitchen Nightmares and found it to be utterly fascinating as he's much more reserved, more calm, there's less drama and screaming, dirty kitchens...etc.....and more based on the inner-workings of a restaurant, balancing financials...etc..he acts more in a gentle mentor role than anything else.

Namor40 05-16-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9679478)
The thing is, I generally sympathize with people on Kitchen Nightmares because Ramsey kinda acts like he forgets how unbelievably hard running a restaurant is.

They fail...a lot. And the people that run them are often putting every thing they have into them, both their time and money. It's an all-consuming challenge that these people often undertake.

And then Ramsey shows up, calls them cocks and acts like it's just the easiest thing in the world and they're silly assholes for getting it wrong. Then he acts stunned when people get upset about it, as though any of us would be totally okay with having someone blast what we've given our lives to try to create.

But this ****ing lunatic...well she's beyond sympathy. This woman and her husband are just in another world. I've rarely seen anyone so far removed from reality. It's pretty incredible.

Even after he's helped them, they go under.

Literally every single restaurant from Seasons 1 and 2 of Kitchen Nightmares is now out of business.

The interesting thing is that from the British version, most of the restaurants...some of them under new ownership, still remain open.

jd1020 05-16-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9686787)
Even after he's helped them, they go under.

Literally every single restaurant from Seasons 1 and 2 of Kitchen Nightmares is now out of business.

The interesting thing is that from the British version, most of the restaurants...some of them under new ownership, still remain open.

And you could probably link these results to the different attitudes Ramsay portrays between the British and American version.

Yes, Ramsay seems more calm and collected in the British version. However, so our the restaurant owners. I don't think I've ever seen a British version where the owners of the restaurant are as completely helpless as these 2.

Namor40 05-16-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9679427)
Didn't ENDelt260 live near this place? Gawd, we could use his services now.

I live just across the freeway from it. Have been there twice, both times for dessert after leaving the movie theater in the same plaza. Both times it was fine, however the owner really is a dick, and you can tell the employees tend to tip-toe around the place a lot.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-16-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9686796)
And you could probably link these results to the different attitudes Ramsay portrays between the British and American version.

Yes, Ramsay seems more calm and collected in the British version. However, so our the restaurant owners. I don't think I've ever seen a British version where the owners of the restaurant are as completely helpless as these 2.

I've seen a couple, and he busts their asses the same way he does here in America. He's not going to take any bullshit from anyone, and he's earned the right to be "elitist" if that's what you want to call it. He's worked very hard to be in the elite class of chefs in the world.

mdchiefsfan 05-16-2013 11:42 AM

This whole thing makes me:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GVHHQqTXAf...pernatural.gif

Fish 05-16-2013 11:48 AM

LOL.... Grand Re-Opening....

Quote:

SCOTTSDALE, AZ. MAY 15, 2013 — Amy’s Baking Company will host a Grand Re-Opening on Tuesday night, May 21, following unflattering portrayals on national television.

Customers will be able to decide who is correct: a famous celebrity chef or the marketplace that has supported the small, locally-owned business for six years.

When re-opened, a portion of proceeds will benefit a charity organized to bring awareness to cyber bullying.

Seating is limited. Reservations may be made by emailing sjones@rosemoserallynpr.com.

Diners will also have the opportunity to meet, and judge for themselves the character of owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, who have devoted their lives to and earn their living from their small restaurant. The Bouzaglos have been married for 10 years, after Sammy emigrated from Israel.

The owners will likely be holding a press conference before the Grand Re-Opening and answer falsehoods depicted on a reality television show, including assertions that the restaurant confiscates tips from servers.

In fact, wait staff is paid $8-$14 per hour, two and half to nearly five times the standard hourly wage for servers.

Questions will also be answered about what happened to their Facebook page.

Bewbies 05-16-2013 11:50 AM

This episode was the pinnacle of reality based TV. I am going to watch it again tonight. LMAO

Just Passin' By 05-16-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9686848)
LOL.... Grand Re-Opening....

Katy's not buying into the press release

Quote:

But across the way, we met a woman who'd rather not return to Amy's. She's Katy Cipriano, the waitress Amy fired on reality TV.

"None of it was scripted," she said.

Katy says the camera caught the truth of what it was like working at ABC, and that those ugly moments created a lot of curiosity.

"I think they just want to see if Amy's going to have the same reaction. If she's going to have a meltdown," she said.
http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fee...207690151.html

Mr. Plow 05-16-2013 11:52 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...m_amys_baking/

Rausch 05-16-2013 11:53 AM

End well, this won't...

http://images.wikia.com/disney/image..._wars_yoda.jpg

Hootie 05-16-2013 11:57 AM

they pretend like $14 an hour, the max they claim they pay, is good for a server

In Illinois the server minimum wage is $4.95 an hour. If you have just two tables in 1 hour and both of them have small bills of $25 and tip 20% ($5 a table)...you just made $14.95 an hour.

The meltdown on this particular episode was a $10 tip that the restaurant kept...

It is a despicable practice.

If they don't want their servers making tips then whatever...but advertise that the business absolutely takes no tips whatsoever. A tip free environment.

Namor40 05-16-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9686796)

I can think of one, the inn where the staff essentially told the owners what to do, hung out at the restaurant bar in their off hours and things were all kinds of messed up......unsurprisingly the owner ended up selling shortly after.

One of my favorites was the lady who had the soul food restaurant, one of the very few times I've seen Ramsay try the food and go 'WOW."

AndChiefs 05-16-2013 12:00 PM

Wait staff is paid 8-14 dollars an hour. Nowhere in that statement does it say they receive tips though. Just that they get paid more per hour.

Namor40 05-16-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9686880)
Wait staff is paid 8-14 dollars an hour. Nowhere in that statement does it say they receive tips though. Just that they get paid more per hour.

LOL at $8-14 per hour...that's a broad range. In Scottsdale, the average burger flipper at In N Out makes $11 an hour, seeing as how these people use logic, I wouldn't expect a single server to make more than $10 an hour.

NewChief 05-16-2013 12:05 PM

I don't mind the show, but I just have a hard time believing that the food is that bad at every restaurant he goes to in the US.

I mean, the food is so bad at every single place that he spits it out, calls it "dreadful," and pretends like he's been poisoned. I've eaten at a lot of places, but I've never had a reaction that extreme to anything I've ever eaten. I just wish that "reality" shows would get a little more real and a little less scripted/set shots.

jd1020 05-16-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9686890)
I don't mind the show, but I just have a hard time believing that the food is that bad at every restaurant he goes to in the US.

Why is it so hard to believe?

The food hasn't ALWAYS been the problem. But these restaurants aren't calling him up because they are so damn successful.

Namor40 05-16-2013 12:12 PM

With everything that has happened, these people have racked up publicity that you simply cannot buy. They have been featured on TV everywhere, the Washington Post, Forbes...etc........so if you buy into the notion that there is truly no bad publicity.....they have done well in that regard.

With as much attention as they've drawn, people are going to the restaurant just as a curiosity, to see if they can see some display of craziness. Its almost turning into the enthusiasm shown for those types of restaurants where people eagerly go and eat to get insulted by the staff.

jspchief 05-16-2013 12:17 PM

Went through 100 employees in one year....

That's an average of a new employee every 4 days.

blaise 05-16-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9686901)
Why is it so hard to believe?

The food hasn't ALWAYS been the problem. But these restaurants aren't calling him up because they are so damn successful.

Yeah, but it is kind of true. I've only seen the show I think three times and all three times he takes a bite and then spits it in a napkin and wipes off his tongue. It's really that bad every time? I could see him going, "This isn't very good. People won't pay for this." But to act like it's a cow turd every time just seems phony.

jd1020 05-16-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9686927)
Yeah, but it is kind of true. I've only seen the show I think three times and all three times he takes a bite and then spits it in a napkin and wipes off his tongue. It's really that bad every time? I could see him going, "This isn't very good. People won't pay for this." But to act like it's a cow turd every time just seems phony.

If you were to actually watch every episode, you'd know he doesn't always spit the food out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9686871)
One of my favorites was the lady who had the soul food restaurant, one of the very few times I've seen Ramsay try the food and go 'WOW."

Like in this episode, featuring Momma Cherri's, he personally took his cleaned off plate to the kitchen to show them.

Their problem, IIRC, was that while the food was good it was being cooked fresh and then frozen and their portion sizes were too big. They weren't making any money because they were giving too much food away.

Hootie 05-16-2013 12:23 PM

2.5 to 5 times that national average rate for servers

well no ****ing shit

servers get paid $2.13 an hour in Texas. BUT THEY GET TIPS.

no wonder the service is dog shit...if a server is making a standard rate and working for those lunatics...of course they aren't going to bust their asses to be friendly or get refills...it simply doesn't matter; they get paid the same no matter what

Hootie 05-16-2013 12:24 PM

I wouldn't be a waiter anywhere for $14 an hour.

I always made at least, on average, $20 an hour and more when I worked in bigger cities.

Steak and Shake waitresses/waiters make more than $14 an hour.

and that's the HIGHEST they say they pay. So most likely, with all of their turnover, everyone is probably A LOT CLOSER to the $8 threshold than the $14.

fan4ever 05-16-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9685270)
I can see it both ways.

If you watch the beginning of the show, the entire show, she is obviously trying to gain vindication from Ramsey, not advice, as she's sure the failing business is the result of "haters" on the blogs and such. She thought he was going to love her stuff...which made it all the funnier.

They are walking distance from my house...drove by yesterday on my way to an appointment...couldn't see if there was much activity inside, but there were a number of people gawking in through the windows.

Halfcan 05-16-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 9686964)
If you watch the beginning of the show, the entire show, she is obviously trying to gain vindication from Ramsey, not advice, as she's sure the failing business is the result of "haters" on the blogs and such. She thought he was going to love her stuff...which made it all the funnier.

They are walking distance from my house...drove by yesterday on my way to an appointment...couldn't see if there was much activity inside, but there were a number of people gawking in through the windows.

Write Ramsey Rules on a brick and throw it through their window- Thanks-lol

DJ's left nut 05-16-2013 12:53 PM

Ramsay - Judo Chef:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XDW6xo5scU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go to about the 45 second mark - Ramsay's a pretty chill cat and I get the feeling he could probably kick a lot of asses if he felt so inclined.

Namor40 05-16-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 9686964)

They are walking distance from my house..
.drove by yesterday on my way to an appointment...couldn't see if there was much activity inside, but there were a number of people gawking in through the windows.

Small world...I live just northeast of there. Hit up Butterfield's quite a bit more often than I should.

bowener 05-16-2013 01:33 PM

I didn't feel like formatting this in here, so I will just link to it. It is a "point by point" case against Samy and how they think he is laundering money through this restaurant.

Link

It is nothing official, just somebody who thinks that is what is going on.
Quote:

Sammy screamed 'Don't call the police'. This was one of the only things he really stood up to his wife on. I think Sammy is involved in serious criminal shit and he doesn't want Johnny Law to come poking around and causing any disruptions to the money losing business here.
It is a pretty quick read-through, but again, it is all speculation. Something does seem quite off about the whole place though.

kcxiv 05-16-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

I mean, the food is so bad at every single place that he spits it out, calls it "dreadful," and pretends like he's been poisoned. I've eaten at a lot of places, but I've never had a reaction that extreme to anything I've ever eaten. I just wish that "reality" shows would get a little more real and a little less scripted/set shots.

The thing is, sometimes the owners have their chef's hamstrung on cooking crap. If you looked at alot of the shows, people are cooking frozen foood, or there are owners who are chef's that have lost their passion for cooking and just dont really care. Alot of it is the owners being so ****ing hardheaded. They have such a big menu, that its not smart to keep that much food in their freezers.

He simplifies the menu with good tasting dinners. He looks to see how the staff in the kitchen works, Alot of the time people are just not coordinated or people are just assholes making others miserable in a hot ass kitchen.

Some of the food he has said hey, this is alright, this is pretty good. I know i have seen him absolutely love desserts in some of them restaurants.

Rausch 05-16-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9687070)
The thing is, sometimes the owners have their chef's hamstrung on cooking crap.

Probably about 1/2 his episodes.

Namor40 05-16-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9687070)
The thing is, sometimes the owners have their chef's hamstrung on cooking crap. If you looked at alot of the shows, people are cooking frozen foood, or there are owners who are chef's that have lost their passion for cooking and just dont really care. Alot of it is the owners being so ****ing hardheaded. They have such a big menu, that its not smart to keep that much food in their freezers.

He simplifies the menu with good tasting dinners. He looks to see how the staff in the kitchen works, Alot of the time people are just not coordinated or people are just assholes making others miserable in a hot ass kitchen.

Some of the food he has said hey, this is alright, this is pretty good. I know i have seen him absolutely love desserts in some of them restaurants.

The thing that frustrates me most is people who have NEVER worked in a restaurant who all of a sudden decide that they want to own one. If you're willing to put in the huge investment that owning a restaurant requires....it would be well worth it to at least spend a year working in a restaurant similar to the type that you want to open up, being in different positions, trying to get a broad view of what being in charge requires.

fan4ever 05-16-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9686995)
Small world...I live just northeast of there. Hit up Butterfield's quite a bit more often than I should.

So you know the Blue Burrito too? I saw Eric Clapton walk into that place about 7 years ago while I was eating there...I was like "WTF?" Turns out he was likely in town to see Billy Preston before he passed away. That little strip mall seems to be interesting from time to time.

fan4ever 05-16-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9687062)
I didn't feel like formatting this in here, so I will just link to it. It is a "point by point" case against Samy and how they think he is laundering money through this restaurant.

Link

It is nothing official, just somebody who thinks that is what is going on.

It is a pretty quick read-through, but again, it is all speculation. Something does seem quite off about the whole place though.

All that seems plausible but it's hard to imagine with that going on there he'd volunteer for "Kitchen Nightmares". Can't imagine his "bosses" would want the exposure. Doesn't seem valid.

Fire Me Boy! 05-16-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9686927)

I don't think he spit anything out at Amy's.

kcxiv 05-16-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9687107)
The thing that frustrates me most is people who have NEVER worked in a restaurant who all of a sudden decide that they want to own one. If you're willing to put in the huge investment that owning a restaurant requires....it would be well worth it to at least spend a year working in a restaurant similar to the type that you want to open up, being in different positions, trying to get a broad view of what being in charge requires.

Well, alot of people think they can just jump into the deep end of the pool and make somethng successful. I agree its ALOT of damned work and people need to do some research. I have had a good friend try to open up a Mexican spot in Texas and it failed. It happens.

When you call in Gordon, let him do his magic and just say, YES SIR! He will help alot. Thats what i dont get, your the one that called him to help you, let him do what he does best.

LiL stumppy 05-16-2013 02:21 PM

Most peoples menues are simply to larage and complex, so they try and prep the majority of it up frontr and throw it in the freezer, which makes it un fresh. I ran a bar, and have been in thr business my whole life, it's just not that difficult. You just have to have some common sense.

jd1020 05-16-2013 02:51 PM

Just watch Gordon's reaction when Sammy and Amy call what he is doing a "show."

He's not putting on a show... he actually cares about what hes doing.

Rausch 05-16-2013 02:53 PM

Dumb **** could have probably drowned her in a creek and got away with it if he had'nt attracted all this attention to himself...

MMXcalibur 05-16-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9687144)
Well, alot of people think they can just jump into the deep end of the pool and make somethng successful. I agree its ALOT of damned work and people need to do some research. I have had a good friend try to open up a Mexican spot in Texas and it failed. It happens.

When you call in Gordon, let him do his magic and just say, YES SIR! He will help alot. Thats what i dont get, your the one that called him to help you, let him do what he does best.

The only 'help' these two idiots wanted was Ramsay to say their food was good so that they could silence the online reviewer 'bullies' on Yelp.

It ended up that Ramsay saw how shitty their food was, expressed criticism, and ultimately these two r-tards poured gasoline on the fire.

The Franchise 05-16-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9686987)
Ramsay - Judo Chef:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XDW6xo5scU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go to about the 45 second mark - Ramsay's a pretty chill cat and I get the feeling he could probably kick a lot of asses if he felt so inclined.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TAV3X5bqcAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 05-16-2013 03:15 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gqzyF3sQVaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SPchief 05-16-2013 03:26 PM

I tried to delete them but couldn't. What a load of shit. Later she was able to delete some of them.

Baby Lee 05-16-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

You've obviously never eaten at the Olive Garden /BigDaddy

Fire Me Boy! 05-16-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9687334)
I tried to delete them but couldn't. What a load of shit. Later she was able to delete some of them.

If, in fact, they'd been hacked and she wasn't able to log into the account (a story I don't believe), then it stands to reason she wouldn't have been able to delete the posts until after the account had been restored.

The Franchise 05-16-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9687372)
If, in fact, they'd been hacked and she wasn't able to log into the account (a story I don't believe), then it stands to reason she wouldn't have been able to delete the posts until after the account had been restored.

Funny thing though.....some got deleted and some didn't. If she was truly hacked and didn't post anything.....then EVERYTHING during that time period should have been deleted.

DJ's left nut 05-16-2013 04:50 PM

http://foodbeast.com/content/2013/05.../#.UZViSkojD9J

Nice little takeup on the whole thing...

Stanley Nickels 05-16-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9685267)

This is quite possibly the best use of that gif evar.

Sure-Oz 05-16-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9687493)
http://foodbeast.com/content/2013/05.../#.UZViSkojD9J

Nice little takeup on the whole thing...

LMAO

****ing crazy ass ****s, please please lose all your $$$ and never have children

Pasta Little Brioni 05-16-2013 07:46 PM

She needs B.A.'s huge balls

Fire Me Boy! 05-22-2013 01:02 PM

Ruh-roh.

Quote:

As if the most public meltdown ever on social media and TV wasn't enough for the scandal-immersed owners of Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale, Ariz., it now looks like one of them apparently has a criminal record and could get deported.

The restaurant, owned by Salomon "Samy" Bouzaglo and his wife Amy, is now opened after their disastrous appearance on Fox's TV show "Kitchen Nightmares" where they were shown mistreating customers and servers, and after they purportedly took to social media in an anger-filled rant that devolved into calling people "stupid," and "haters."

Now, The Arizona Republic is reporting that Samy Bouzaglo is attending immigration hearings that could revoke his residency status after he did not disclose information to immigration authorities. According to the paper, the information revolves around documents that show he's banned from France and Germany and has a history of drug and extortion charges. The deportation process has been going on for two years and has nothing to do with the couple's appearance on "Kitchen Nightmares," said Scottsdale immigration lawyer David Asser.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...#ixzz2U38wCAh7

FlaChief58 05-22-2013 01:03 PM

:LOL:

Sorter 05-22-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9700381)
Ruh-roh.

Guess the money-laundering theory was true?