ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jaworski rates Chiefs QB at No. 20 among NFL starters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274325)

whoman69 07-07-2013 07:50 AM

Its pathetic when you actually improve to #20

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 08:35 AM

Donco homerism is the only sanctioned homerism on CP.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9796033)
This doesn't help your case Tombstone because:

1. Bill Williamson is a joke

2. You claim KC isn't as talented or good as Denver, but yet this article you cite only has 1 more Bronco on the list.

3. The 1 player that you have over us is Peyton Manning, the one who is the difference.

Nope, YOU CLAIM KC HAS MORE TALENT THAN DENVER. Good lord you're a friggen moron. All I did was say BS.

Wow, you are that stupid.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795732)
dude, look at all the posts I have on the planet. I never go knowmo but I do know football. The Broncos have a great team, period. If you want to argue position by position I will. Coaching staff and front office, sure. The Broncos are pushing for a SB and when you say "the Broncos have no talent compared to the mighty chiefs" I'm calling BS.

This is what I'm saying. Apparently a RunKC can't read. Not only are his football takes pathetic, he has issues reading.

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9796287)
Donco homerism is the only sanctioned homerism on CP.

PREACH THE GOSPEL, MY CHILD!

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9796288)
Nope, YOU CLAIM KC HAS MORE TALENT THAN DENVER. Good lord you're a friggen moron. All I did was say BS.

This is a Chiefs board. Remember that.

Dumbass.

milkman 07-07-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9796293)
This is what I'm saying. Apparently a RunKC can't read. Not only are his football takes pathetic, he has issues reading.

I don't agree with the homeristic arguments for the Chiefs here, but at the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass about the regular season.

Peyton Manning is 37 years old, and only 4 QBs over the age of 33 have won a SbS.
Combined with the fact that Manning's postseason choking is almost lengendary' I can only hope you enjoy the season ending heartbreak.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9796300)
This is a Chiefs board. Remember that.

Dumbass.

:rolleyes:

watch out everyone, the fan police have arrived!

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9796303)
I don't agree with the homeristic arguments for the Chiefs here, but at the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass about the regular season.

Peyton Manning is 37 years old, and only 4 QBs over the age of 33 have won a SbS. Combined with the fact that Manning's postseason choking is almost lengendary' I can only hope you enjoy the season ending heartbreak.

I guess we will have to wait and see. Manning does have a Lombardi but he's set the bar so high that now everyone thinks he needs 2-3 Lombardi's to prove his greatness? That's a nice problem to have IMHO. I'm glad he's a Bronco.

Rams Fan 07-07-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9794630)
This is a pivotal year for Bradford. The Rams have compiled the necessities he needs to be successful. No excuses if he sux teh penis this year.

Really? What do you think about 2011? When the Rams had the most players on I.R(not exaggerating) for a team since 2002? What if that happens again?

Thig Lyfe 07-07-2013 09:00 AM

Anybody who thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback should be shot

milkman 07-07-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9796309)
I guess we will have to wait and see. Manning does have a Lombardi but he's set the bar so high that now everyone thinks he needs 2-3 Lombardi's to prove his greatness? That's a nice problem to have IMHO. I'm glad he's a Bronco.

Carried by his team, who stepped up big time in spite of Manning tryong to throw away games against inferior teams.

Coogs 07-07-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9795412)
I think most of the reasonable guys who are anti-Alex Smith trade have a stance that is different than this.

Basically, that a shot a mediocrity with Alex Smith in 2013 and 2014 is less desirable than taking a shot with a QB who can potentially be better than 15-22nd best in the NFL.

Disliking the price given up for Alex Smith is not just about passing on a QB in Rnds. 1, 2, 3 in this year's draft. It's also about how much more difficult it will make it to acquire a QB early in next year's draft.

Not in position to take the guy you want because your team went 7-9 or 8-8, Andy Reid? Good luck moving up for that QB without your 2nd/3rd round pick.

That's not to mention the fear the Chiefs will commit to Alex Smith long-term before he proves he can be more than an average game manager that can't win playoff games (unless he's playing the 31st D in the NFL).

I guess my expectations are a little higher than yours.

We have a starting NFL QB who was 13-3 two seasons ago, and had his team on pace for something similar last season at 6-2 before suffering a concussion.

I'm not expecting 7-9 or 8-8 as the ceiling for this team. Not by a long shot.

Sure, Smith was not great out of the gate as an NFL QB. But the last two season he completed 64% of his passes for 30 TD's and 10 INT's.

In the playoffs, he out dueled the best QB in the league that season in Brees, who threw for almost 5,500 yards, in a great 4th quarter. Smith made plays when he had to. Not once, but twice. 3 TD's and 0 INT's in that game on 42 passing attempts.

Against the Giants, he had his team in position to win, but didn't. We have been through reasons why many times. I tend to side with the muffed punts being the reason, but that is JMO. For the record, 2 TD's, 0 INT's.

I don't think it is being unreasonable to expect our team to compete for championships... starting this season.

And sure, I would like to have a drafted QB we can call our own like the 3 teams last season, but that doesn't guarantee Super Bowl. Look at Dan Marino. Super Bowl 2nd season, never made it back. The 49ers may never make it back under Kaep's watch. Time will tell.

In the mean time, I expect more this season than 7-9 to 8-8.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9796323)
Carried by his team, who stepped up big time in spite of Manning tryong to throw away games against inferior teams.

:rolleyes:

Inferior teams like the NE patriots?

duncan_idaho 07-07-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9796334)
I guess my expectations are a little higher than yours.

We have a starting NFL QB who was 13-3 two seasons ago, and had his team on pace for something similar last season at 6-2 before suffering a concussion.

I'm not expecting 7-9 or 8-8 as the ceiling for this team. Not by a long shot.

Sure, Smith was not great out of the gate as an NFL QB. But the last two season he completed 64% of his passes for 30 TD's and 10 INT's.

In the playoffs, he out dueled the best QB in the league that season in Brees, who threw for almost 5,500 yards, in a great 4th quarter. Smith made plays when he had to. Not once, but twice. 3 TD's and 0 INT's in that game on 42 passing attempts.

Against the Giants, he had his team in position to win, but didn't. We have been through reasons why many times. I tend to side with the muffed punts being the reason, but that is JMO. For the record, 2 TD's, 0 INT's.

I don't think it is being unreasonable to expect our team to compete for championships... starting this season.

And sure, I would like to have a drafted QB we can call our own like the 3 teams last season, but that doesn't guarantee Super Bowl. Look at Dan Marino. Super Bowl 2nd season, never made it back. The 49ers may never make it back under Kaep's watch. Time will tell.

In the mean time, I expect more this season than 7-9 to 8-8.

I don't think the 49ers defense is walking through that door. Smith has similar offensive weapons to what he had in San Fancisco (though I don't think KC has a pass catcher who presents the pass catching matchup problems that Vernon Davis does), but the D that carried Smith is not here.

I will not put the same stock in that Saints win that you do. The saints d was terrible, and smiths performance against it was average against that team for the year.

His performance is a big part of why they lost the next game.

I can see 5-6 more wins this year. But even if they win 8 more, that's still likely nothing more than another empty playoff birth. Not worth the price.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9796234)
If that's the type of owner Clark Hunt is... he can go fist himself. Seriously.

I have suspicions that's the case. That selling "being competitive" and filling Arrowhead is more important to Clark than actually trying to win a championship. There's evidence to suggest otherwise, but it isn't overwhelming.

There are a lot of owners in pro sports who are trying to win championships first. Mark Cuban. Robert Kraft. Jerry Buss. Some of the better examples. If an NFL owner is not in that crowd, considering the even playing field and salary cap and 100 percent shared TV revenue, that guy is an a$$.

If Clark proves to be that type of guy.... I can do without the Chiefs in my life. I hope that isn't the case... but if you're not trying to build towards a championship in the NFL, what the eff is wrong with you?

Clear fact of the matter is that it is nearly impossible to win big in today's NFL WITHOUT the big-time QB. And that you won't CONSISTENTLY win big in today's NFL without that guy. Yet the Chiefs continue to avoid taking shots at the position at all. That is what is so infuriating to so many of us.

Now, maybe they draft a QB in the next draft they think can be the guy. Maybe they're high enough to nab a guy who can be a consistent front-line performer at the position. Drafting a guy in Round 4, 5 or 6 doesn't count. Signing a shithead UDFA like Tyler Bray doesn't count either.

Now, if they take that QB high next year and promptly sever ties with Alex Smith, the argument is over. Maybe that's the plan (though the price they paid for Alex Smith makes is less likely to succeed). But I have seen little and heard little - especially from hearing Clark Hunt talk about the QB position - to suggest otherwise. Everything I've seen and heard indicates they're hitching their wagon to Alex Smith for more than two years.

There might not have been a QB in the draft who could start right away. There might not have been an Andrew Luck ready-made NFL starter. But that wasn't the only option available. Also on the table: Sign a stop-gap FA QB who is better than Cassel, or trade for a cheaper QB who is better than Cassel, and draft a QB who can be developed a little in Rnds. 2, 3.

Instead, they pulled the same approach they've been pulling my entire life. Please don't be surprised if I and many others are skeptical it will work THIS time, or that it was even the right thing to do THIS time.

Well what evidence have you ever seen that was more than lip service from Clark.

This offseason was all about getting back some respectability. It was not about trying to win it all. They went out and signed a head coach that is respected league wide. We went out and got a QB that was a 1.1 pick as well as recently in the NFCCG and a SB where he was replaced because of injury which is not suppose to happen.

Coogs 07-07-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9796340)
I don't think the 49ers defense is walking through that door. Smith has similar offensive weapons to what he had in San Fancisco (though I don't think KC has a pass catcher who presents the pass catching matchup problems that Vernon Davis does), but the D that carried Smith is not here.

I will not put the same stock in that Saints win that you do. The saints d was terrible, and smiths performance against it was average against that team for the year.

I can see 5-6 more wins this year. But even if they win 8 more, that's still likely nothing more than another empty playoff birth. Not worth the price.

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. I just don't happen to agree.

And FWIW, I consider myself reasonable too! :)

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9796319)
Anybody who thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback should be shot

That's going to take a long time and a lot of bullets. It really would be easier to clean up your end of the gene pool.

milkman 07-07-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9796341)
Well what evidence have you ever seen that was more than lip service from Clark.

This offseason was all about getting back some respectability. It was not about trying to win it all. They went out and signed a head coach that is respected league wide. We went out and got a QB that was a 1.1 pick as well as recently in the NFCCG and a SB where he was replaced because of injury which is not suppose to happen.

Not losing your job because of injury is one of the dumbest unspoken rules ever.

You don't lose the job as the result of injury.
You lose the job because the guy that replaces you shows he's a better player.
The injury just provides the opportunity that he would not have been given otherwise.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9796340)

I will not put the same stock in that Saints win that you do. The saints d was terrible, and smiths performance against it was average against that tea'm for the year.

Yea I can see how a guy playing the best football of his career leading the league in efficiency and YPA is getting carried by the defense.

Makes sense to me. That defense was completing the passes right?

RunKC 07-07-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

I said the Chiefs have equal or slightly more talent than you if you take away Manning, who was the difference.

Then your dumbass brought up a shitty Bill Williamson article which said you had ONE more top player, being Manning, so you proved MY point.

JFC you're a stupid Donkey troll.

You shouldn't call anyone's football IQ out when you're the one using a Bill ****ing Williamson article to prove a point.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 09:47 AM

Then he brought up the fraud tebow season....

Coogs 07-07-2013 09:49 AM

duncan_idaho,

To expand a little on my last post, I am in agreement with what Sac has said best in regards to what Smith is going to do for our defense this season. By keeping them fresh and not giving them a short field to defend, I expect our defense to be better. Much better in fact.

And if we actually start playing with a lead in the 2nd half, I expect this team to be able to pin their ears back and get after QB's... something we didn't have the luxury of being able to do last season.

Again, this is my opinion.

MagicHef 07-07-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9796190)
Chiefs didnt have a lead until half way through the year..

Was this true in 2011? 2010?

If that's the reason that no one outside of Hali and Houston got sacks last year, then they should have been able to when the team was competitive.

BossChief 07-07-2013 10:21 AM

The donk OL, WRs and TEs were looking bad until Peyton got there.

Alex Smith isnt some savior, but he is a sizable upgrade to what we had in Cassel/Quinn and I can see the team playing much better with him at QB.

Anyone that thinks going from Crennel to Reid and Cassel/Quinn to Smith isnt gonna raise the level of play, across the board on this team, is joking themselves.

I expect a better version of the 2010 Chiefs.

Coogs 07-07-2013 10:27 AM

I'm watching the 1980 Oakland Raiders story on NFLNetwork's America's Game right now. It's the Jim Plunkett story. In some ways, I expect we could duplicate here this season what the 1980 Raiders did behind Plunkett.

SAUTO 07-07-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9795675)
Yes way. Alex Smith is crap and hasn't proven anything really in the NFL, Andy Reid's last few teams have been huge underachievers and his system in my opinion has become antiquated in today's NFL, and we have a new head coach, GM, and QB. How do you see more than 5 wins? I might push 6 but that seems optimistic. I'd love to eat my words and see us with at least 8 wins, but I'm not going to get my hopes up, **** no. Just a reminder, what does 4-12, 2-14, 4-12, 10-6, 7-9, 2-12 mean to you?

Those records mean we haven't been very good in the past...

What do they mean to you, and what do they have to do with the future?

Hell there are a seven and ten win seasons mixed in there, what tell you we can't win more than six?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9796417)
The donk OL, WRs and TEs were looking bad until Peyton got there.

Alex Smith isnt some savior, but he is a sizable upgrade to what we had in Cassel/Quinn and I can see the team playing much better with him at QB.

Anyone that thinks going from Crennel to Reid and Cassel/Quinn to Smith isnt gonna raise the level of play, across the board on this team, is joking themselves.

I expect a better version of the 2010 Chiefs.

In all fairness, this has been said for years.

It wasn't that long ago that the offense was going to be SO much better under Haley, instead of the RRPP of Herm.

That the QB's were going to really benefit from a QB guru such as Jim Zorn.

Christ, every offseason some of you all said "no, THIS is the year we have a Top 5 defense - RAC is the best DC around."

It amazes me how the coaching went from top-notch to complete shit to the scapegoat for winning 29 games in 6 years.

duncan_idaho 07-07-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9796351)
Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. I just don't happen to agree.

And FWIW, I consider myself reasonable too! :)

I appreciate your point of view even if I disagree with it. You're reasonable and logical and have made me think about some things I otherwise would have.

Coogs 07-07-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9796436)
I appreciate your point of view even if I disagree with it. You're reasonable and logical and have made me think about some things I otherwise would have.

:thumb:

Back at ya'!

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9796366)
I said the Chiefs have equal or slightly more talent than you if you take away Manning, who was the difference.

Then your dumbass brought up a shitty Bill Williamson article which said you had ONE more top player, being Manning, so you proved MY point.

JFC you're a stupid Donkey troll.

You shouldn't call anyone's football IQ out when you're the one using a Bill ****ing Williamson article to prove a point.

You said kc has more talent, I said BS. You then said "where do you disagree?" I then pointed out TE as one example. Then you basically pulled your same old BS claiming that Moeaki is some kind of great TE.

I said the Broncos are deeper at TE and then I proved this by pointing out an article from Williamson who has one of the Broncos TEs listed but not Maoeki. Your only defense is to claim Williamson sucks. Which is typical of a tard like yourself when you've just been handed your ass in an argument.

Keep ****ing that chicken, loser.

duncan_idaho 07-07-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9796382)
duncan_idaho,

To expand a little on my last post, I am in agreement with what Sac has said best in regards to what Smith is going to do for our defense this season. By keeping them fresh and not giving them a short field to defend, I expect our defense to be better. Much better in fact.

And if we actually start playing with a lead in the 2nd half, I expect this team to be able to pin their ears back and get after QB's... something we didn't have the luxury of being able to do last season.

Again, this is my opinion.

Sure. I agree with that. I think it's worth somewhere between 5-7 wins. Maybe 8 on the high side.

Enough to get into the playoffs. Not really enough to do anything once you get there, when you examine Smith's performances against strong, playoff-caliber defenses.

The defense still won't be as good as San Francisco's has been the past two seasons. I also think it's a little unreasonable to expect Smith to be as efficient while throwing more often and being asked to be more aggressive as he was in San Francisco.

SAUTO 07-07-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9796445)
You said kc has more talent, I said BS. You then said "where do you disagree?" I then pointed out TE as one example. Then you basically pulled your same old BS claiming that Moeaki is some kind of great TE.

I said the Broncos are deeper at TE and then I proved this by pointing out an article from Williamson who has one of the Broncos TEs listed but not Maoeki. Your only defense is to claim Williamson sucks. Which is typical of a tard like yourself when you've just been handed your ass in an argument.

Keep ****ing that chicken, loser.

I don't think he ever tried to say moeaki was great, just that he had better stats than dressen with much worse qb's. And I don't think an article mentioning one of the broncos proves then a much deeper unit either.
You do realize what "deeper" means, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 10:55 AM

A 2-14 team (that has won 29 games in 6 years) has more talent than a 13-3 team.

I've officially seen everything.

SAUTO 07-07-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796457)
A 2-14 team (that has won 29 games in 6 years) has more talent than a 13-3 team.

I've officially seen everything.

I don't think that was actually said...

I could have missed it though
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho 07-07-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796359)
Yea I can see how a guy playing the best football of his career leading the league in efficiency and YPA is getting carried by the defense.

If you take away touchdowns scored by his defense/ST, during the regular season the past two years, Smith's offense scored 548 points by my count. Which comes out to just a shade under 23 PPG. That's good enough for 18th in the NFL in 2012 or 16th in 2011. Not bad, but very middle of the road and not the type of performance you'd expect to accompany a guy who is 19-4 as a starter in that timeframe.

Take away a couple of laugher/blowouts against craptastic teams in each year, and the PPG dip to less than 22.

A QB who is putting up mediocre offensive output yet still winning at that ratio is riding his defense.

And yes, his QB rating is shiny and so are his YPA. It's still impressive, but less so when you apply the context of who Alex Smith really is as a QB. Minimal pass attempts, taking no chances, scrambling early or checking down early instead of hanging in the pocket and throwing heavily off of play-action does wonders for efficiency and YPA.

He's better than Cassel and better than anything the Chiefs have had since Trent Green. But he's still a mediocre starting NFL QB.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9796462)
I don't think that was actually said...

I could have missed it though
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795547)
We have the best coaching and talent in this division pretty easily right now.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9796451)
I don't think he ever tried to say moeaki was great, just that he had better stats than dressen with much worse qb's. And I don't think an article mentioning one of the broncos proves then a much deeper unit either.
You do realize what "deeper" means, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, it means better, as in the entire unit as a whole.

Here's his original post on the subject:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795682)
QB-Donks by far
RB-Chiefs by far
TE-Chiefs
WR-Donks by far, but Bowe is good tho
OL-Push...you damn well bet that Manning makes them look good with his quick decisions
DL-Donks..Chiefs weakest unit, but Donks don't really have anyone special there anyway
LB-Chiefs by far...Von is best, but we have 3 pro bowlers. Better as a group.
DB-Chiefs-Not by much, but Champ is descending and I'd take Berry and Flowers over DRC and Moore any day of the week and it's not close.

Sorry, but the Broncos are better at the TE position with Tamme and Dreesen, and the young guys like Green and Thomas.

Here's what he said when I pointed out that Dreesen is nice depth:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795728)
The same Joel Dressen that had less receiving yards than Moeaki, our 3rd TE? Even though he had 8 more catches than him too? He sounds pretty awesome to me. LMAO

You sure do know football!

So RunTard uses our second best TE to somehow prove how great TE Moeaki is? Who the **** cares if Moeaki is better than our second best TE?

Williamson's article does not point out Moeaki as being a anything special but it does say Tamme is one of the top 40 talents in the AFCW.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9796467)
If you take away touchdowns scored by his defense/ST, during the regular season the past two years, Smith's offense scored 548 points by my count. Which comes out to just a shade under 23 PPG. That's good enough for 18th in the NFL in 2012 or 16th in 2011. Not bad, but very middle of the road and not the type of performance you'd expect to accompany a guy who is 19-4 as a starter in that timeframe.

Take away a couple of laugher/blowouts against craptastic teams in each year, and the PPG dip to less than 22.

A QB who is putting up mediocre offensive output yet still winning at that ratio is riding his defense.

And yes, his QB rating is shiny and so are his YPA. It's still impressive, but less so when you apply the context of who Alex Smith really is as a QB. Minimal pass attempts, taking no chances, scrambling early or checking down early instead of hanging in the pocket and throwing heavily off of play-action does wonders for efficiency and YPA.

He's better than Cassel and better than anything the Chiefs have had since Trent Green. But he's still a mediocre starting NFL QB.

Outstanding post. Rep.

EDIT: Or not. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Duncan Idaho again."

mcaj22 07-07-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Like I said this whole time, it's a top 3 defense that has to carry Alex Smith to success. It's not Alex Smith that has to have a good breakout year in a Chiefs uniform. It's the Chiefs defense that needs to play very, very well for any chance at a winning record this season.

whoman69 07-07-2013 11:12 AM

IMO Andy Reid and the FO have made decisions that will make them mediocre for years to come

houstonwhodat 07-07-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9795599)
Eh, he's young. He's working on improving his attitude issues this off season. But even with those issues, he's still one of the most productive QBs in NFL history through their first two years. If he improves, he'll be a legit top 3 QB.

Scam Newton sucks ass.

Rams Fan 07-07-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9796518)
Scam Newton sucks ass.

Drew Brees is Chris Long's bitch.

Rams Fan 07-07-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9796354)
The injury just provides the opportunity that he would not have been given otherwise.

Wouldn't he have been given the opportunity prior to Harbaugh's first season then? Smith was on a 1 year contract and wasn't apart of the previous regime that led to him being drafted.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Games are not played in a vacuum. The 49rs had a badass defense so they played to their strengths Harbough is a conservative type coach.

Smith did exactly what he was asked to do and that's all you can ask.

It will be interesting as Reid is obviously not conservative.

People continually act like there is only 1 way to build a SB team and that's only with an elite QB and that's simply not true. You need an above average QB.
I think we have one and I think they will draft and develop another one.

houstonwhodat 07-07-2013 11:47 AM

I'm just glad I have Drew Brees for a few more years before he becomes a senator or president or something.

Brittany Brees would make a fine first lady...

RealSNR 07-07-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795603)
Oookay I wouldn't call everyone on that list reasonable about anything Alex Smith.

Reasonable is not bashing the shit out of everything. Reasonable is this is not what I wanted but it was the best option at the time. We will have to move on again quickly from another QB definitely sucks but I prefer this to another year of Cassel ****ing everything up.

Basically reasonable = agreeing with me.

Yeah, right. I'm still going to fight this for years to come that giving up the farm for Alex ****ing Smith was NOT the best option on the table.

And unfortunately for the Chiefs, I've got a pretty strong feeling that I'm right on this one.

RealSNR 07-07-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9796572)
I'm just glad I have Drew Brees for a few more years before he becomes a senator or president or something.

Brittany Brees would make a fine first lady...

Would you like Drew Brees as much as you do if he were a ninja?

ChiefGator 07-07-2013 01:00 PM

I don't agree that Tamme is a better TE than our group. I like our TE group better than the Broncos, and that is with Moeaki at #3. Fasano and our drafted rookie should both be better blockers than Tamme. Tamme is a pass-catching TE, and that is it. Basically, you use Tamme as your slot receiver, in tighter of course.

ChiefGator 07-07-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796560)
Games are not played in a vacuum. The 49rs had a badass defense so they played to their strengths Harbough is a conservative type coach.

Smith did exactly what he was asked to do and that's all you can ask.

This, over and over.

Yeah, Smith had some bad years with bad coaches. But, he was able to be coached up by Harbaugh and play within Harbaugh's system. I think he has a chance to be the best QB we have had in a long time.

Hammock Parties 07-07-2013 01:04 PM

You know it IS possible to have a badass defense AND a great passing attack.

Really, no...I mean it's happened before and everything.

jd1020 07-07-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9796771)
I think he has a chance to be the best QB we have had in a long time.

At least 7 years!

Struck gold we did!

SAUTO 07-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795739)
Moeaki, seriously? LOL:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9biPfmRxOK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumb:

I'm not going to take anyone seriously who tries to use this in putting a player down talent wise
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat 07-07-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9796615)
Would you like Drew Brees as much as you do if he were a ninja?

He ain't.

aturnis 07-07-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

This NFL.com article All division teams disagrees with Billy.

[QUOTE/] AFC*WESTCoach: Andy Reid

OFFENSE
Quarterback: Peyton ManningRunning
back: Jamaal Charles
Wide receivers: Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe
Tight end: Antonio Gates
Offensive tackles: Ryan Clady, Brandon Albert
Guards: Louis Vasquez, Geoff Schwartz
Center: Nick Hardwick

DEFENSE
(4-3)Defensive ends: Dwight Freeney, Tamba Hali
Defensive tackles: Tyson Jackson, Corey Liuget
Outside linebackers: Von Miller, Justin Houston
Inside linebacker: Derrick Johnson
Cornerback: Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey
Safeties: Eric Berry, Eric Weddle

Number of players by team &hellip;

Broncos: 6
Chargers: 6
Chiefs: 10
Raiders: 0

Analysis: Neither unit lacks for big-time playmakers, but the collective team likely gets pushed around by more physical divisions. [/QUOTE]

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

There was no better play-action quarterback last season than Smith. He had a quarterback rating of over 132.
THANK GOD! THE PLAY-ACTION GURU I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF SINCE 1996 HAS FINALLY ****ING ARRIVED!

aturnis 07-07-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796359)

What are the facts? Something like 80% of his attempts were inside of 10yds? Not only that but he relies HEAVILY on play action. Yes we have the ability to operate that way, but what if Charles goes down?

Chiefs Pantalones 07-07-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796478)
Outstanding post. Rep.

EDIT: Or not. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Duncan Idaho again."

Agreed. While woe is us we aren't the only ones with this problem. There's only about five proven true franchise QBs in the league. We're not the only ones looking for one.

aturnis 07-07-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9796410)
Was this true in 2011? 2010?

If that's the reason that no one outside of Hali and Houston got sacks last year, then they should have been able to when the team was competitive.

Do you not understand anything about a 2 gap 3-4 defense? The very last job of the Dline is to rush the passer. Not only that, but the Chiefs haven't blitzed in god knows how long.

MagicHef 07-07-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9797027)
What are the facts? Something like 80% of his attempts were inside of 10yds? Not only that but he relies HEAVILY on play action. Yes we have the ability to operate that way, but what if Charles goes down?

83.5% of his passes were targeted at 9 yards or less.

aturnis 07-07-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9797032)
83.5% of his passes were targeted at 9 yards or less.

Therefore, I don't expect him to lose games for us. Just like I don't expect him to win them.

MagicHef 07-07-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9797031)
Do you not understand anything about a 2 gap 3-4 defense? The very last job of the Dline is to rush the passer.

That's very interesting, since we were talking about Johnson and Berry.

aturnis 07-07-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9796474)
Yes, it means better, as in the entire unit as a whole.

Here's his original post on the subject:

Sorry, but the Broncos are better at the TE position with Tamme and Dreesen, and the young guys like Green and Thomas.

Here's what he said when I pointed out that Dreesen is nice depth:

So RunTard uses our second best TE to somehow prove how great TE Moeaki is? Who the **** cares if Moeaki is better than our second best TE?

Williamson's article does not point out Moeaki as being a anything special but it does say Tamme is one of the top 40 talents in the AFCW.

And I pointed out that as a rookie playing in only 15 games with Cassel as the QB, Moeaki outperformed what Tamme did in 16 with Peyton last year. You've proved nothing except that Moeaki tore an ACL and was held back by QB play last season.

Ace Gunner 07-07-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9796782)
You know it IS possible to have a badass defense AND a great passing attack.

Really, no...I mean it's happened before and everything.

in KC? maybe in black and white :p

http://latimesphoto.files.wordpress....ssing2_970.jpg

aturnis 07-07-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9797039)
That's very interesting, since we were talking about Johnson and Berry.

I edited my post after accidentally hitting submit on my phone. We haven't blitzed much in years. Supposedly that's going to change.

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9796588)
Basically reasonable = agreeing with me.

Yeah, right. I'm still going to fight this for years to come that giving up the farm for Alex ****ing Smith was NOT the best option on the table.

And unfortunately for the Chiefs, I've got a pretty strong feeling that I'm right on this one.

I really don't care that much about the picks they gave up. To me, the big debate is going to be whether Geno Smith or E.J. Manuel are true QBOTFs. Not just better than Smith, but franchise QBs. I thought Geno could be, but I'm not liking what I'm hearing about him post-draft.

I don't think they are. If they aren't, I don't mind the Alex Smith trade as much as long as we get a true franchise QB in the next 3 years (because it's probably not Alex Smith). It's possible Smith helps Reid build an offensive identity. I think Reid is going to tinker a bunch with some innovative offensive looks. This is one of those few times the scheme might justify the QB, as long as you don't hold on to the QB that long.

duncan_idaho 07-07-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9797030)
Agreed. While woe is us we aren't the only ones with this problem. There's only about five proven true franchise QBs in the league. We're not the only ones looking for one.

Right.

You need elite or near-elite QB play to have a realistic shot at playoff success. At least top half in the league. Top 10 or better is where the line really gets drawn, IMO.

Alex Smith never has been and probably will never be that QB (talking about true place in the game, not stats).

KCDC 07-07-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9796992)
THANK GOD! THE PLAY-ACTION GURU I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF SINCE 1996 HAS FINALLY ****ING ARRIVED!

Steve DeBerg incarnate!

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9797140)
Steve DeBerg incarnate!

You could give this fanbase a young DeBerg clone, and they would shit roses.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely stupid when people do this. You have to do that for EVERYBODY if you are pulling that kind of cherry picking bullshit. You are taking stats away from his team, but not others, it's ridiculous. It's like when Chiefs stats don't count against certain teams, but we suck off any and everybody for doing the same damn thing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 05:23 PM

Bet:

How many times will sports casters say "play action" while calling the Chiefs this year?

Can we track this?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796471)

We do. QB is king though. Which I also said is why they'd win more games this year for sure with a healthy Manning. You really don't think 40 turnovers by the position led to that mark?

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9797266)
We do. QB is king though. Which I also said is why they'd win more games this year for sure with a healthy Manning. You really don't think 40 turnovers by the position led to that mark?

What's the excuse for only winning 27 games the previous 5 seasons?

That's the problem - there's always an excuse, and it's never the players.

Do talented teams have a down year every 5-10 years? Sure.

Talented teams don't have 6 years stretches where they only win 29 games.

But it's easier to find another reason instead of considering that the team isn't nearly as talented as you like to think they are. I mean, FFS, people STILL act as if guys like Moeaki and McCluster are these can't-miss talents when they've done nothing in the league to give that impression.

And to say this roster is more talented than the roster of a team that just went 13-3?

C'mon, man.

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9797284)

But it's easier to find another reason instead of considering that the team isn't nearly as talented as you like to think they are. I mean, FFS, people STILL act as if guys like Moeaki and McCluster are these can't-miss talents when they've done nothing in the league to give that impression.

And to say this roster is more talented than the roster of a team that just went 13-3?

C'mon, man.

Quarterback. Plain and simple. That's the difference.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9797284)

C'mon, man.

Check your rep

Pablo 07-07-2013 05:43 PM

Probably accurate. He's just a middle ground broke dick nobody that won't ever win anything here. 20 might be too high actually.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9797291)
Quarterback. Plain and simple. That's the difference.

Interesting, considering teams like the Jets, Oakland, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc have all won more games in the last 6 years than we have, with inferior QB's.*

*According to CP, 2009-2012

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 05:47 PM

Also, if Denver frauds their way to 13 wins again, I will eat my shoe

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9797300)
Interesting, considering teams like the Jets, Oakland, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc have all won more games in the last 6 years than we have, with inferior QB's.*

*According to CP, 2009-2012

Huh? Inferior? Think real hard about the QB play the past 2 seasons, save the last 3 games of '11.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9797307)
Huh? Inferior? Think real hard about the QB play the past 2 seasons, save the last 3 games of '11.

At the time, people were saying Cassel was better.