ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Donovan McNabb Says Stafford Hasn't Earned His Contract (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274430)

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9804521)
The Lions could win far more games if they fired the entire ****ing coaching staff and replaced everybody with competent people.

Or pagans from Stonehenge

Rasputin 07-10-2013 11:49 PM

I'm going agree with Dane McCloud on this one. I put Stafford in the injury prone class and has much to prove that he can lead his team in the playoffs. I think he is a quality quarterback to have but the Lions could have waited another year or mid season (if he is kicking ass)to extend his contract. I think they jump the gun for paying him big money.

I know the Cowboys over paid Tony Romo but ROFL @ JJ & the Cowboys. JJ is the Al Davis for the Cowboys until he dies.

-King- 07-11-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804271)
So you wouldn't have paid him?

Right now? Hell no. He's had one good year.

Give any QB 727 attempts and it would be pathetic if they didn't have 5000 yards.

He had 2 years left on his deal. I would have let at least this year play out before I even considered extending him. Like I said, the only reason he got the extension is not because he earned it, but because the Lions cap situation was so bad they pretty much HAD to.

kcxiv 07-11-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9803696)
side note. Romo has the shittiest looking throwing motion in the history of the game.

carry on.

lol Bernie Kosar. That side armed shit he did was uuuugly.

Marcellus 07-11-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804498)
I'll offer him a plea bargain. I feel bad taking his money.

I will pay up if I lose, no need for a plea.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804757)
I will pay up if I lose, no need for a plea.

LMAO

When you lose this stupid thing, I'm going to make it easy for you to save $250. The hard way. :evil:

Saul Good 07-11-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9804610)
So throwing for 4,000 plus yards equal superstar? So, Jon Kitna was a superstar? Marc Bulger was a superstar?

Need I go on?

Too many of you guys don't use your ****ing eyes and rely on stats to make decisions on QB's.

Kitna's best year was 4200 yards, 21 TDs, 22 INTs.

Bulger' was 4300 yards, 24 TDs, and 8 INTs.

Stafford was 5,000 yards, 41 TDs, and 16 INTs...and he's 25.

Nice comparison. What are 800 more yards and 20 more TDs, really?

Stafford's best year is basically Kitna's best year plus Alex Smith's best years combined.

Marcellus 07-11-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804779)

Stafford's best year is basically Kitna's best year plus Alex Smith's best years combined.

So you don't think Detroit who is now some $85MM in guaranteed $ into Stafford didn't overpay? He had 2 years left on his 1st deal.

I am not asking anything other than do you think Stafford has earned $85MM in guaranteed $ at this point?

Saul Good 07-11-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804796)
So you don't think Detroit who is now some $85MM in guaranteed $ into Stafford didn't overpay? He had 2 years left on his 1st deal.

I am not asking anything other than do you think Stafford has earned $85MM in guaranteed $ at this point?

It's a stupid question. You don't give someone a contract for what they've earned. You pay them based on what you expect them to earn during the duration of the contract.

I expect that he will earn it, though.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804498)
I'll offer him a plea bargain. I feel bad taking his money.

Why because you have welched on paying bets that you have lost?
Don't care if it was the donko board or not. You have welched and have seen no dishonor it.

Marcellus 07-11-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804809)
It's a stupid question. You don't give someone a contract for what they've earned. You pay them based on what you expect them to earn during the duration of the contract.

I expect that he will earn it, though.

A stupid question? No not at all, plenty of people are questioning the decision to give him that deal.

As far as paying for future performance, yea all contracts have that expectation I would hope but looking at it reasonably he didn't earn the front half of the 1st contract so its not slam dunk he earns the second one.

BTW, don't you also expect we traded for Alex Smith based on what they feel he can do moving forward as well?

Saul Good 07-11-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804831)
A stupid question? No not at all, plenty of people are questioning the decision to give him that deal.

As far as paying for future performance, yea all contracts have that expectation I would hope but looking at it reasonably he didn't earn the front half of the 1st contract so its not slam dunk he earns the second one.

BTW, don't you also expect we traded for Alex Smith based on what they feel he can do moving forward as well?

Alex has been in the league for seven seasons. He has been a starter pretty much that entire time. His best TWO seasons COMBINED produced 5,494 yards and 35 TDs.

Stafford's second year in the league (just two seasons ago) produced 5,038 yards and 41 TDs.

mcaj22 07-11-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9803684)
I don't really have feelings either way about it. Yeah he throws for a bunch of yards, but he only averages 20 touchdowns a season. That's average. He only got the contract extension now because it's really the only thing the Lions could do given their current cap situation.

TribalWarefare I believe it was posted an interesting take on this yesterday in another thread.

He either had Stafford or Megatron and fantasy and an interesting tidbit why the touchdowns were so low was because Megatron was tackled or out of bands at the 1 yardline or 5 yardlines like 7 or 8 times.

and then they would either run it in, or just settle for a FG

he should have had at least 25+ touchdowns last season.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9804821)
Why because you have welched on paying bets that you have lost?
Don't care if it was the donko board or not. You have welched and have seen no dishonor it.

Feel free to kiss my ass.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804851)
Alex has been in the league for seven seasons. He has been a starter pretty much that entire time. His best TWO seasons COMBINED produced 5,494 yards and 35 TDs.

Stafford's second year in the league (just two seasons ago) produced 5,038 yards and 41 TDs.

But but but Harbaugh, checkdowns, lack of talent on the 49ers!

ALEX SMITH IS UNLIMITED.

Marcellus 07-11-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804851)

Look, I know how his career started and he played on some shit teams. After that even though he played well he was only asked to do so much. I get that.

I also don't KNOW he has hit his ceiling. We will see as he should have instant success at least to some level in KC. Lets say his numbers should not drop off from last year and should reasonably improve in certain areas if he is what Reid thinks he is.

I don't KNOW Alex will succeed in KC, and nobody KNOWS he is going to fail. Its all conjecture at this point.

There are posts to prove it, I was a Smith supporter in 2011 and 2012 before I had any idea he was about to be benched then traded so I feel no reason to change my mind and trash the guy because he is now a Chief and CP doesn't approve.

:shrug:

Marcellus 07-11-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804878)
But but but Harbaugh, checkdowns, lack of talent on the 49ers!

ALEX SMITH IS UNLIMITED.

Troll is a troll is a troll.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804883)
Troll is a troll is a troll.

So are you in agreement with Alex Smith's biggest fan?

Smith > Stafford?

Marcellus 07-11-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9804873)
TribalWarefare I believe it was posted an interesting take on this yesterday in another thread.

He either had Stafford or Megatron and fantasy and an interesting tidbit why the touchdowns were so low was because Megatron was tackled or out of bands at the 1 yardline or 5 yardlines like 7 or 8 times.

and then they would either run it in, or just settle for a FG

he should have had at least 25+ touchdowns last season.

Coulda woulda shoulda.

Alex Smith would have been a SB QB had his punt returner not fumbled 2x.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-11-2013 08:36 AM

God, people will do anything to create excuses for Alex Smith.

Saul Good 07-11-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804882)
Look, I know how his career started and he played on some shit teams. After that even though he played well he was only asked to do so much. I get that.

I also don't KNOW he has hit his ceiling. We will see as he should have instant success at least to some level in KC. Lets say his numbers should not drop off from last year and should reasonably improve in certain areas if he is what Reid thinks he is.

I don't KNOW Alex will succeed in KC, and nobody KNOWS he is going to fail. Its all conjecture at this point.

There are posts to prove it, I was a Smith supporter in 2011 and 2012 before I had any idea he was about to be benched then traded so I feel no reason to change my mind and trash the guy because he is now a Chief and CP doesn't approve.

:shrug:

In SEVEN SEASONS, Smith has thrown a total of 81 TDs.

Stafford threw 41 TDs in ONE SEASON...and he's only 25 years old.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 08:45 AM

Alex Smith...3 300-yard games for his career...

Matt Stafford...18...in three seasons...LMAO

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-11-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804907)

I hate this team

Saul Good 07-11-2013 08:56 AM

Alex Smith has thrown for three or more TDs in a game five times in his career.

Stafford has thrown for three or more TDs in a game 11 times in his career.

Alex Smith has never thrown for four or more TDs in a game in his career.

Stafford has thrown for four or more TDs in a game six times in his career.

Alex Smith has never thrown for five or more TDs in a game in his career.

Stafford has thrown for five or more TDs in a game three
times in his career.

As a percentage of games played, Stafford is more likely to throw five TDs in a game than Smith is to throw three. Let that ****ing sink in...

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 08:58 AM

yeah but Matt Stafford has never won a playoff game and Alex Smith HAS

CUS ALEX SMITH IS THE BESTEST

/little kid who LOOOOOVES ALEX SMITH SO MUCH

Marcellus 07-11-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804885)
So are you in agreement with Alex Smith's biggest fan?

Smith > Stafford?

Never said that but stands to reason that their careers aren't over and Smith could end up with a better career.

Both were #1 overall picks but they have different styles of play.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804935)
yeah but Matt Stafford has never won a playoff game and Alex Smith HAS

CUS ALEX SMITH IS THE BESTEST

/little kid who LOOOOOVES ALEX SMITH SO MUCH

I don't like Alex Smith but this is the argument used in propping up Sanchez. Can't have it both ways.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804936)
Both were #1 overall picks but they have different styles of play.

Peter North and I have both had sex with women...we just have different styles of play.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9804939)
I don't like Alex Smith but this is the argument used in propping up Sanchez. Can't have it both ways.

Agreed. Alex Smith fans should be seen and not heard.

houstonwhodat 07-11-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804886)
Coulda woulda shoulda.

Alex Smith would have been a SB QB had his punt returner not fumbled 2x.

Saints would have won 2 Super Bowls if Gregg Williams wasn't so aggressive in the playoff game against the Whiners.

Saints were undefeated at home that year and no one was going to beat them there. Giants wouldn't have had a chance.

Saul Good 07-11-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804907)

Those stats don't tell the story...

Alex Smith's three games of 300+ yards?

310, 309, 303

He may have thrown for 300 yards three times...but he's never thrown for 300 meters.

Marcellus 07-11-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804933)

times in his career.

As a percentage of games played, Stafford is more likely to throw five TDs in a game than Smith is to throw three. Let that ****ing sink in...

Games are not played in a vacuum dude.

Stafford has thrown it an average of 700 times the last 2 years and plays in a dome most of the time.

He has thrown to the best WR in the game his entire career. The offense is pass heavy offense to say the least.

JFC why are we even comparing the 2? That wasn't even the subject.

I don't give a **** what Stafford has done, he is overpaid IMO and that has jack and shit to do with whether I believe KC can win a playoff games with Alex Smith as the QB.

The 2 have nothing to do with each other.

And for the record I think we gave up too much for Smith, we wasted 1 too many 2nd round picks in the deal but Im not going to lose my shit over a 2nd round pick.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804933)

times in his career.

Alright lets get back to some reality here. Matthew Stafford has never had a RB like Frank Gore or an OC like Harbaugh, Singletary and so on. These 2 QBs have always been asked to do different things with the football. I don't believe those gaudy stats show much more than Stafford is on an unbalanced non winning team.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804944)

Extremist should have their fingers cut off.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804944)

Nice to know you agree that you cannot use those stats for one player and not for another. It compromises your integrity....Oh that is right you don't have any. You are like 7up never had it never will.

Saul Good 07-11-2013 09:09 AM

Say what you will about offensive philosophies. Stafford still throws for more yards per attempt and double the TDs per attempt.

Brock 07-11-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9804957)
Alright lets get back to some reality here. Matthew Stafford has never had a RB like Frank Gore or an OC like Harbaugh, Singletary and so on. These 2 QBs have always been asked to do different things with the football. I don't believe those gaudy stats show much more than Stafford is on an unbalanced non winning team.

I don't hate Smith, but he simply could never play to that level.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9804967)
I don't hate Smith, but he simply could never play to that level.

That is true. I don't seem him doing that either. But they have always been in 2 different styles of Offenses. It is ridiculous to try and measure them by stats that way. But especially with the offense that comes from a running game being taken away from Stafford if the Lions would ever get a RB his #'s would go down.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9804964)
Nice to know you agree that you cannot use those stats for one player and not for another. It compromises your integrity....Oh that is right you don't have any. You are like 7up never had it never will.

What?

You're agreeing with me, idiot.

It is inappropriate to defend both Mark Sanchez and Alex Smith because of their stupid playoff wins.

WE AGREE ON THIS ISSUE

WE ARE BROTHERS IN ARMS

UNITED AGAINST ALEX SMITH

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804956)
Games are not played in a vacuum dude.

Stafford has thrown it an average of 700 times the last 2 years

Do you think Alex Smith could have success throwing it that much? LMAO

Put him on the Lions and you get a 2-14 team.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804966)
Say what you will about offensive philosophies. Stafford still throws for more yards per attempt and double the TDs per attempt.

You believe that has nothing to do with Stafford having Megatron, and Pettigrew and the lack of a running game at all?
I would say those are the reasons that it is that way. If they had a real running game those numbers would change significantly.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804977)
What?

You're agreeing with me, idiot.

It is inappropriate to defend both Mark Sanchez and Alex Smith because of their stupid playoff wins.

WE AGREE ON THIS ISSUE

WE ARE BROTHERS IN ARMS

UNITED AGAINST ALEX SMITH

No moron you cant say that playoff appearance don't matter when defending Stafford and then turn around and say that Sanchez's playoffs are what make him good.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9804986)
No moron you cant say that playoff appearance don't matter when defending Stafford and then turn around and say that Sanchez's playoffs are what make him good.

I agree completely!

Anyone who attempts to argue in this manner is a fool!

WE ARE BROTHERS AGAINST ALEX SMITH

EMBRACE ME

Saul Good 07-11-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9804982)
You believe that has nothing to do with Stafford having Megatron, and Pettigrew and the lack of a running game at all?
I would say those are the reasons that it is that way. If they had a real running game those numbers would change significantly.

I believe it has to do with Stafford being infinitely more talented than Smith.

Mav 07-11-2013 09:24 AM

Meh. In all honesty, I have come to the conclusion that all some people care about on this forum is having a qb who can throw the long ball. I compare it to those fans who go to baseball games, and if its a pitchers duel get pissed that there weren't enough homeruns. Even though a well pitched, well played defensive baseball game that is 1-1 in the 9th, is a hell of a game to watch.

It just is, what it is, and some of you are never going to be happy.

Its cool. Im over it. We can talk all day long, and argue. But, week one, Kc@Jax. Alex Smith, #11, will start for the KC chiefs. Probably about time that some of you let go of some of that hate, and just understand it.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804981)

Well the Lions are 17-29 in his 4 years. Just over a 4 win average. One of those years was a 10-6 season. The year of his only playoff appearance which was a loss.
In his other 3 seasons the Lions were 7-23. When he averaged just over 2 wins a season.

Mav 07-11-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804994)

While I do agree with the more talented part of it, Stafford has one of if not the strongest arms in the league, blowing off the fact that he has Calvin Johnson, is why I refuse to even entertain this conversation. There are times, like against dallas when Stafford threw it up into triple coverage, and Calvin went and got it. Not every team has a receiver to do that, much less the 49ers. The last receiver they had like that, was in 2002, when they had T.O.

And Im waiting for someone to talk about Alex Smith having Vernon Davis. Vernon Davis has the worst hands in the NFL. Hes a straight body catcher.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804991)
I agree completely!

Anyone who attempts to argue in this manner is a fool!

WE ARE BROTHERS AGAINST ALEX SMITH

EMBRACE ME

I would put a bullet in my brain before I ever embrace you on anything.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804994)

I think that is beside the point of what generates these gaudy stats.

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804779)

Who cares? The biggest star that matters is wins and losses. He's also been fragile to date.

Regardless, there was absolutely no reason to extend him right now.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9805004)
I would put a bullet in my brain before I ever embrace you on anything.

and yet we agree so passionately on this issue

the fire of our hatred for alex smith burns like a thousand suns

love me

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2013 09:31 AM

Wow, how refreshing: A thread about Marthew Stafford's new contract extension devolves into an Alex Smith sucks discussion.

Neato.

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9805012)
and yet we agree so passionately on this issue

the fire of our hatred for alex smith burns like a thousand suns

love me

ROFLMAO

Marcellus 07-11-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804981)

Put Stafford on the Lions last year and you had 4-12 team.

JFC dude.

houstonwhodat 07-11-2013 10:10 AM

Maybe I should delete this thread?

Rausch 07-11-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9805124)
Maybe I should delete this thread?

:shake:

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 10:11 AM

no

Chief Roundup 07-11-2013 10:12 AM

Oh yeah and McNabb has been "butthurt" since he was traded by the Eagles.

Rausch 07-11-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9805132)

This.

He's suffering from "could have been" syndrome...

Marcellus 07-11-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9805135)
This.

He's suffering from "could have been" syndrome...

He had a damn near HOF career, no need to get all butthurt.

O.city 07-11-2013 10:25 AM

It's a shaky decision in that they're paying him for what they hope he brings, not rewarding him for what he's done.

It's the at free agency should be approached but its a scary way to do it.

If you approach free agency in terms of rewarding guys for what they've done, you end up with Albert Pujols

houstonwhodat 07-11-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

That's exactly right.

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Who cares? He's still right about Stafford.

Someone please explain to me why Stafford deserved this extension when he had a year left on his contract with an option for 2014?

houstonwhodat 07-11-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9805224)
Who cares? He's still right about Stafford.

Someone please explain to me why Stafford deserved this extension when he had a year left on his contract with an option for 2014?

Probably cuz there's not much out there.

There's no QB's coming out in the near future like Luck, Griffin, etc.

Who they gonna draft, Geno Smith?

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9805238)
Probably cuz there's not much out there.

There's no QB's coming out in the near future like Luck, Griffin, etc.

Who they gonna draft, Geno Smith?

That's a terrible reason. He was already under contract for ths year and they could have picked up his option for 2014.

Stafford is 1-22 against teams that finish with winning records. He's led the Lions to 2-14, 6-10, 10-6 and 4-12 records. Last year, he threw 20TD's and 17 INT's in a division with teams, other than the Bears, with middling-to-poor defenses.

Acting as if this was somehow a "no-brainier" for Detroit is outright ridiculous.

houstonwhodat 07-11-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9805273)
That's a terrible reason. He was already under contract for ths year and they could have picked up his option for 2014.

Stafford is 1-22 against teams that finish with winning records. He's led the Lions to 2-14, 6-10, 10-6 and 4-12 records. Last year, he threw 20TD's and 17 INT's in a division with teams, other than the Bears, with middling-to-poor defenses.

Acting as if this was somehow a "no-brainier" for Detroit is outright ridiculous.

I didn't say it was a no-brainer.

Personally I don't give a shit.

But one thing is he definitely got paid.

Mav 07-11-2013 01:15 PM

Well, truth be told, this is a relative bargain compared to what the cowboys paid for tony Romo.

-King- 07-11-2013 01:19 PM

I really didn't think people were serious about the Alex Smith/Stafford comparisons.

I'm not a Stafford fan, but I would have given up our first and second THIS year for him before I gave up a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year for Smith. Wouldn't even be something to think about.

Marcellus 07-11-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9805701)
I really didn't think people were serious about the Alex Smith/Stafford comparisons.

I'm not a Stafford fan, but I would have given up our first and second THIS year for him before I gave up a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year for Smith. Wouldn't even be something to think about.

Yea, but he wasn't available so its moot point.

Every thread turns into a Smith sucks thread and the guy hasn't thrown a pass yet.

CP has lost its burst.

Mav 07-11-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9805701)

It depends on your system. With Stafford short range accuracy problems, he wouldn't fit a west coast offense at all. That's the only upside I gave to Alex Smith over Stafford. Of course from a physical stand point is this even comparable? The guy is a prototype qb. Rocket arm, big, decently mobile. just not overly accurate, which is why a guy like Mike Vick, sucked so badly in this offense. And guys like Rich Gannon, and Jeff Garcia, thrived in it.

For, THIS OFFENSE, Stafford would be a huge waste.

-King- 07-11-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9805725)
It depends on your system. With Stafford short range accuracy problems, he wouldn't fit a west coast offense at all. That's the only upside I gave to Alex Smith over Stafford. Of course from a physical stand point is this even comparable? The guy is a prototype qb. Rocket arm, big, decently mobile. just not overly accurate, which is why a guy like Mike Vick, sucked so badly in this offense. And guys like Rich Gannon, and Jeff Garcia, thrived in it.

Vick had 9000 yards 60% completion 52 TDs and 30 INTs with an 88 passer rating the past 3 years. He also had 1700 yards and 13 rushing TDs. "Sucked badly" is hardly accurate. He declined because of his age and the hits he was taking.

BeMyValentine 07-11-2013 03:14 PM

If you pay players for what they have done instead of what they are going to do you will turn into the Redskins and Cowboys.

BigMeatballDave 07-11-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9805959)
Vick had 9000 yards 60% completion 52 TDs and 30 INTs with an 88 passer rating the past 3 years. He also had 1700 yards and 13 rushing TDs. "Sucked badly" is hardly accurate. He declined because of his age and the hits he was taking.

Vick was garbage in Atlanta. Highly overrated.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-11-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9805725)

Mother....

:facepalm:

Mav 07-11-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9805959)

so he averaged 3000 yards, less than 20 tds, and 10 ints. the rushing is impressive, but the passing stats, aren't impressive at all when you think about it. Now, what are those numbers if you take away that first season where he was awesome, and you find the average of the past two, which by the way have gotten worse, and so bad in fact, that he got benched by THE FRONT OFFICE, for Nick Foles. '

Mav 07-11-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9806502)
Mother....

:facepalm:

What do you know about Matt Stafford, and what do you know about the west coast offense.

What you know about matt Stafford is that he has a rocket arm. He throws one of the prettiest deep balls in the Nfl. What apparently you don't know, is that he is horrendous with ball protection, and is horrendous on short to intermediate throws. His accuracy, which is CRITICAL matter of fact its the number one trait sought by coaches who run the west coast offense.

Meaning, Alex Smith, who is very accurate in short to medium passes, values the football like its a new born, is far more effective at this type of offense.

Im not saying Alex Smith, is better than Matt Stafford. But system specific, he is FAR BETTER.....

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-11-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9806530)
What do you know about Matt Stafford, and what do you know about the west coast offense.

What you know about matt Stafford is that he has a rocket arm. He throws one of the prettiest deep balls in the Nfl. What apparently you don't know, is that he is horrendous with ball protection, and is horrendous on short to intermediate throws. His accuracy, which is CRITICAL matter of fact its the number one trait sought by coaches who run the west coast offense.

Meaning, Alex Smith, who is very accurate in short to medium passes, values the football like its a new born, is far more effective at this type of offense.

Im not saying Alex Smith, is better than Matt Stafford. But system specific, he is FAR BETTER.....

I tweak the offense to suit Stafford, and I take my chances with Stafford and our O-line. We're not running pure WCO anyway, so I'll take the younger QB who can make the long throws, and who has the greater upside when paired with a great supporting cast. THX!

-King- 07-11-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9806523)
so he averaged 3000 yards, less than 20 tds, and 10 ints. the rushing is impressive, but the passing stats, aren't impressive at all when you think about it. Now, what are those numbers if you take away that first season where he was awesome, and you find the average of the past two, which by the way have gotten worse, and so bad in fact, that he got benched by THE FRONT OFFICE, for Nick Foles. '

I wonder which other QB has done LESS than that yet you say is great. LMAO LMAO LMAO

By the way, he got benched after his injury. Hmmm...I wonder who else got benched after their injury.

What a hypocrite.

RNR 07-11-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9805681)
Well, truth be told, this is a relative bargain compared to what the cowboys paid for tony Romo.

Reading your sig LMAO a noob making a bet with gochiefs thinking he will honor it is too funny~

Saccopoo 07-11-2013 09:51 PM

Stafford sucks.

He's the modern equivalent of Dante Culpepper, who put up huge numbers while bombing deep to Moss in his prime.

Stafford can throw it a mile, but that's about it. It's why they made Megatron the richest guy in football - to protect Stafford's inaccuracies.

And Stafford has never matured beyond the drunk college jock BMOC he was at Georgia.

Considering our personnel and coaching, I'd take Alex Smith over Matt Stafford all day long.