ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy blames himself, not Alex, for Chiefs' sputtering offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277519)

DeezNutz 10-16-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092758)
Fantasy Football strikes again!

Not really. Alex Smith just ****ing sucks; it's not any more complicated than that.

Mav 10-16-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10092767)
Not really. Alex Smith just ****ing sucks; it's not any more complicated than that.

:)

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10092767)

Alex Smith isn't Matt Cassel. He's not Geno Smith.

While he's certainly not putting up historic numbers, he's also not putting his team in bad situations, nor is he turning the ball over at crucial times.

You need to get over it, Dude. Alex Smith is who he is and he's not going anywhere.

DeezNutz 10-16-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092774)

While he's certainly not putting up historic numbers, he's also not putting his team in bad situations, nor is he turning the ball over at crucial times.

You need to get over it, Dude. Alex Smith is who he is and he's not going anywhere.

Well, you're right that I probably need to get over it, but then I watch him play on Sundays and have renewed anger.

I completely disagree that he's not putting the team in bad situations, and last Sunday was a perfect illustration of this. The game was in doubt as long as it was, in large part, because Smith was garbage.

Yeah, the line play needs to be better (and it damn well should be better), but Smith gets more blame because more is (rightfully) expected of him.

Fisher is a very close second. Anyway, both are going to be in KC for the next 3-4 years for sure.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092748)
Go **** your mother, you ****ing sack of shit.

Amazing level of ignorance and so consistently from you on this board. It truly is.

Quote:

So, when Bill Parcells plucked him as an undrafted free agent, coached him up with Sean Payton for two years and unleashed him in his first starting season, Dallas has been flawed?
Yes, Dallas has been flawed over the last 7 seasons. They've never been a legit SB contender and that has very little to do with anything Tony Romo has done with them (which, on the whole, has been very good).

Quote:

Who's fault was it against Seattle that the snap was bobbled, sending them home?
A bobbled snap has nothing to do with Romo's QB ability, not that Dallas would have likely advanced any further than that considering they were a 9-7 team lucky to even be in the playoffs (due largely to the offense being the 4th most productive in the league, I should add).

Quote:

Are we to believe that when the Cowboys went 13-3, mainly on the backs of Wade Phillips defense, that the Cowboys weren't Super Bowl contenders?
Dallas scored the 2nd most points in the league that season. Their defense allowed the 13th most. But yeah, that was all "on the backs of Wade Phillips' defense." Romo ****ing carried that team.

Quote:

What are his flaws?
Like Favre, Romo has a tendency to go for the big play and can often make mistakes because of it. But no more often than many other QBs in the league (including those often held up to be some of the greatest of all time).

Quote:

Why do the Cowboys continually shit the bed? Care to explain?
Over the last 4 seasons, it's mostly because they haven't been a particularly good team. Before that, it was mostly because teams were better than them and beat them in a home game.

Quote:

No one but you is comparing him to Alex Smith.
Try reading the thread again, dipshit. I actually specifically addressed a post that was comparing Romo and Smith.

Quote:

Butt****.
Clown.

Anyong Bluth 10-16-2013 09:48 PM

Per Espn's Page 2 Tuesday Morning Quarterback:

It's been a bit over a year since Alex Smith has lost.
26-5-1 in his last 32- a stat that had been pointed out originally in his last 30 games, but obviously is updated with his current winning streak.

I guess the old saying, " It's better to be lucky than good ", is playing itself out.

I almost dare not to even mention it for fear of jinxing it, but I would be on cloud 9 if there was some way to face Denver and beat them in heartbreaking fashion as payback for 97.

That game goes down as my saddest loss in KCsportsfan growing up, followed by the Indy Elliott Nightmare loss.

Not since 97 have the fan bases both been as geeked about their own team at the same time. I want to twist the knife back and exercise that demon, and the rest of the playoff demons off this franchise's back.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092756)
First full season?

Yes, 2007 was Romo's first full season as a starter. He took over Bledsoe's job halfway through 2006.

Quote:

How many ****ing chromosomes are you missing?
Much less than you apparently, Dane.

Quote:

He'd been a starter since 2004.
Check again. It was 2006.

Quote:

You don't even know what the **** you're talking about.
I admit, I did mix up one of Dallas' many underachieving, flawed teams for a second there, but this is some irony.

Mav 10-16-2013 09:51 PM

KC connection.

I am not attacking you, so lets stay away from the name calling.

But, Tony Romo has been instrumental in the failure of the Cowboys.

Too many choke jobs like the one against Denver. Including two last season when they had games won, and lost because of his costly mistakes.

he plays great in the first three quarters, but he is terrified of having to make a play when its needed.

he has far too much talent around him to be this insignificant when it matters.

He is a really good qb, but what good is a qb that always comes up small when it matters?

They have as much if not more offensive Talent than anyone in the league save the Broncos, Saints, or Packers.

Their defense isn't trash either.

Their owner is a huge problem, their coach is a dumbass, but just like with the Chiefs offense, where there is blame for everyone, but at the end of the day, your team goes, as your qb goes.

keg in kc 10-16-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10092782)
Well, you're right that I probably need to get over it, but then I watch him play on Sundays and have renewed anger.

I completely disagree that he's not putting the team in bad situations, and last Sunday was a perfect illustration of this. The game was in doubt as long as it was, in large part, because Smith was garbage.

Yeah, the line play needs to be better (and it damn well should be better), but Smith gets more blame because more is (rightfully) expected of him.

Fisher is a very close second. Anyway, both are going to be in KC for the next 3-4 years for sure.

He's certainly not putting his team into good positions, that's for sure.

I'm fine with Alex Smith, game manager, at quarterback if he's actually, you know, managing games. I mean, that's what we have, so make the best of it.

But he's not managing games. Not so far.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092753)
WHO GIVES A ****?

Yeah, **** the facts! Romo being the best 4th quarter QB in the league statistically? Irrelevant information when it doesn't back up my argument!

You're a clown, Dane.

Quote:

The guy hasn't won SHIT.
Because of his team.

Quote:

Get back to us when he actually WINS SOMETHING.
Going to be hard to do that as long as he's playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

You're right about that much. He's the guy that's going to hold this organization back from getting anywhere near the SB over the next few seasons.

DeezNutz 10-16-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10092800)

I'm fine with Alex Smith, game manager, at quarterback if he's actually, you know, managing games. I mean, that's what we have, so make the best of it.

Pretty much. "Game manager" doesn't have to be a terrible thing. Hell, Green fits into this category, so there are definitely different tiers that one can occupy within this space.

Smith is protecting the football (some fortuitous bounces not withstanding), but he takes the offense off the field incredibly quickly. Points are pretty cool and decently important in contributing to the whole "winning" thing, but I'd take sustaining a few drives at this point.

The defense and the security blanket of JC are far too overworked at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-16-2013 09:57 PM

Can't sustain shit, that boy.

Anyong Bluth 10-16-2013 09:58 PM

I think part of the unease of the offense is squarely due to the fact that in many people's minds they are looking ahead - specifically to an offense like Denver.

Feeling unsure that this team will be able to hold them to less than around 28-32 points, because they're gonna score and Manning gets calls or special treatment by the zebras, so this offense should target 35 points - or a bit above their hoped avg of say 24-28 we'd hope they can score on offense, not including D/ST scores.

Mav 10-16-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10092800)

I don't think that's fair at all.

You have a point the last two weeks. But he was the very epitome of "game manager" the first four weeks.

Mav 10-16-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092810)
You're right about that much. He's the guy that's going to hold this organization back from getting anywhere near the SB over the next few seasons.

Don't agree. At all.

Its hilarious though, that you will scape goat the ENTIRE Dallas team, but you single out alex smith like the rest of the offense has been perfect.

Oh, and before you start on me, Alex Smith has been awful the last two weeks.

But, none of the offense all season besides Charles has held their own with ANYONE.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10092812)
Pretty much. "Game manager" doesn't have to be a terrible thing. Hell, Green fits into this category, so there are definitely different tiers that one can occupy within this space.

Smith is protecting the football (some fortuitous bounces not withstanding), but he takes the offense off the field incredibly quickly. Points are pretty cool and decently important in contributing to the whole "winning" thing, but I'd take sustaining a few drives at this point.

The defense and the security blanket of JC are far too overworked at this point.

Why sustain drives when you can just go three and out, punt, then force a turnover on defense, though?

Smith knows how to win.

Mav 10-16-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10092817)
I think part of the unease of the offense is squarely due to the fact that in many people's minds they are looking ahead - specifically to an offense like Denver.

Feeling unsure that this team will be able to hold them to less than around 28-32 points, because they're gonna score and Manning gets calls or special treatment by the zebras, so this offense should target 35 points - or a bit above their hoped avg of say 24-28 we'd hope they can score on offense, not including D/ST scores.

There is no chance the Broncos will put up more on the Chiefs than they did the Jags. Welker hates physical play. Peyton Manning hates physical play, Eric Decker hates physical play.

They have almost no chance.

That will be a 20-13 ish type game at Denver. I could see KC blowing them completely out in KC.

Peyton is great, but once you rattle him, he has a hard time overcoming it.

Check the playoff game where he threw three picks to Ty Law if you want to understand what I mean. Also check his super bowl against the Saints. They started rattling him early, and he never got out of it.

Sorter 10-16-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10092825)
Don't agree. At all.

Its hilarious though, that you will scape goat the ENTIRE Dallas team, but you single out alex smith like the rest of the offense has been perfect.

Oh, and before you start on me, Alex Smith has been awful the last two weeks.

But, none of the offense all season besides Charles has held their own with ANYONE.

Anthony Sherman is unhappy with this post.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092803)
Yeah, **** the facts! Romo being the best 4th quarter QB in the league statistically? Irrelevant information when it doesn't back up my argument!

You're a clown, Dane.

Because of his team.

Going to be hard to do that as long as he's playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

Yeah, 13-3 on the back of an awesome defense isn't enough for poor little Tony.

You're an assclown. Stick to sucking off Bill Self.

DeezNutz 10-16-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10092825)

I have no idea how the WRs have performed, since I haven't been to Arrowhead this year and Smith never involves them.

I do know a great deal about what 5 yards from the line of scrimmage looks like, though.

Mav 10-16-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10092843)
I have no idea how the WRs have performed, since I haven't been to Arrowhead this year and Smith never involves them.

I do know a great deal about what 5 yards from the line of scrimmage looks like, though.

understood. And if you have been paying attention this week, I have been BLASTING Alex Smith. His performance the past two weeks is unacceptable.

But, I have no problem saying the offense has been bad period, while also noting that perhaps improved qb play could fix a lot of ills.

Mav 10-16-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10092835)
Anthony Sherman is unhappy with this post.

a pitiful omission on my part.

Btw. I am honored by thy Signature.

Well played sir.....

Simply Red 10-16-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10091024)
They need to get guys like Knile Davis (if he can hold on to the football), Gray, Hemmingway and Jenkins ( I know some are down on him, I think there's something there) the football and give them some chances to develop now, so when December rolls around, they're ready to go.

Knile will break one soon ya'll.

Nightfyre 10-16-2013 10:09 PM

Are we seriously discussing the merits of Tony Romo on our forum?

Sorter 10-16-2013 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=Mavericks Ace;10092852]a pitiful omission on my part.

Well played sir.....[
/QUOTE]

http://media.tumblr.com/1723b738c3ba...iAO1rg6ns6.gif

Simply Red 10-16-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10092855)
Are we seriously discussing the merits of Tony Romo on our forum?

huge Tony Romo cock gobblers on this site, always have been.

Anyong Bluth 10-16-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10092832)
There is no chance the Broncos will put up more on the Chiefs than they did the Jags. Welker hates physical play. Peyton Manning hates physical play, Eric Decker hates physical play.

They have almost no chance.

That will be a 20-13 ish type game at Denver. I could see KC blowing them completely out in KC.

Peyton is great, but once you rattle him, he has a hard time overcoming it.

Check the playoff game where he threw three picks to Ty Law if you want to understand what I mean. Also check his super bowl against the Saints. They started rattling him early, and he never got out of it.

I hope so. It still doesn't temper my desire to see the offense run a bit smoother and score a bit more on average to have a bit more wiggle room, and feel a bit more confident.
I still think it works out that we end up with a split and the home team gets the W, so I hope we keep taking care of business because the remaining schedule for both teams I think slightly favors us being able to secure winning the division- but there's a lot of unknown variable to say that edge may be slim at best.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092838)
Yeah, 13-3 on the back of an awesome defense isn't enough for poor little Tony.

2006 Cowboys: 4th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.
2007 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 13th in points allowed.
2008 Cowboys: 18th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.

2009 Cowboys: 14th in points scored, 2nd in points allowed.
2010 Cowboys: 7th in points scored, 31st in points allowed.
2011 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 16th in points allowed.
2012 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 24th in points allowed.
2013 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 21st in points allowed.

Of the 7 seasons that Romo has been a starter, Dallas only had a good defense in one of those seasons (2009). In every single other season, the offense has outperformed the defense (while being an elite offense in four of the seasons: 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013). But yeah, it's totally been Romo letting them down all along. LMAO

Quote:

Stick to sucking off Bill Self.
It's hard to decide what's worse. Your irrational Alex Smith apologies (a more limited mediocrity of a QB you will not find) or your irrational Self criticism (the most successful NCAAB coach in the sport over the last decade)?

Both outlandish opinions certainly do make me laugh, though, clown.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092890)
2006 Cowboys: 4th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.
2007 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 13th in points allowed.
2008 Cowboys: 18th in points scored, 20th in points allowed.

2009 Cowboys: 14th in points scored, 2nd in points allowed.
2010 Cowboys: 7th in points scored, 31st in points allowed.
2011 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 16th in points allowed.
2012 Cowboys: 15th in points scored, 24th in points allowed.
2013 Cowboys: 2nd in points scored, 21st in points allowed.

Of the 7 seasons that Romo has been a starter, Dallas only had a good defense in one of those seasons (2009). In every single other season, the offense has outperformed the defense (while being an elite offense in four of the seasons: 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013). But yeah, it's totally been Romo letting them down all along. LMAO

It's hard to decide what's worse. Your irrational Alex Smith apologies (a more limited mediocrity of a QB you will not find) or your irrational Self criticism (the most successful NCAAB coach in the sport over the last decade)?

JFC. A good, old fashioned Cowboys apologist.

Go **** yourself, moron.

No one here gives a **** about the Cowboys.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-16-2013 10:28 PM

Not many give a **** about Smith at this point either, to be honest.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092892)
JFC. A good, old fashioned Cowboys apologist.

WTF? How am I a Cowboys apologist for pointing out that their defense has largely sucked over Romo's seven years as a QB? For pointing out that the Cowboys are horribly flawed and have been for quite some time now?

This is just another attempt by you to ignore the actual fact of the matter, allowing you to continue talking out of your ass about whatever ridiculous, baseless belief you might have.

Quote:

No one here gives a **** about the Cowboys.
You don't, that's become quite clear in this thread by all the misinformation you're spewing about them.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

But yeah, it's totally been Romo letting them down all along. LMAO

Why were they only able to score 3 points versus the Vikings in the 2009 playoffs? Is that the fault of the defense?

Quote:

It's hard to decide what's worse. Your irrational Alex Smith apologies (a more limited mediocrity of a QB you will not find)

Go ahead and quote where I "apologized" for Alex Smith's poor play the past two weeks, dumb****.

Quote:

or your irrational Self criticism (the most successful NCAAB coach in the sport over the last decade)?

Unlike you, Butt****, I actually attended KU and receive requests for donations each year.

And unlike you, I was ****ing pissed off beyond belief when Self lost in the first round of the NCAA playoffs to dickbag teams like Bucknell and Bradley.

But since you suck cock for a living, I'm sure it didn't bother you a bit. You're used to people shitting on you when you least expect it.

Quote:

That's because you're certified reerun.

Sorter 10-16-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092913)
Why were they only able to score 3 points versus the Vikings in the 2009 playoffs? Is that the fault of the defense?

Go ahead and quote where I "apologized" for Alex Smith's poor play the past two weeks, dumb****.

Unlike you, Butt****, I actually attended KU and receive requests for donations each year.

And unlike you, I was ****ing pissed off beyond belief when Self lost in the first round of the NCAA playoffs to dickbag teams like Bucknell and Bradley.

But since you suck cock for a living, I'm sure it didn't bother you a bit. You're used to people shitting on you when you least expect it.

Spit Hendricks out at this one. ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 10-16-2013 10:38 PM

[QUOTE=Sorter;10092859]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10092852)
a pitiful omission on my part.

Well played sir.....[
/QUOTE]

http://media.tumblr.com/1723b738c3ba...iAO1rg6ns6.gif

This dude

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092913)

Considering they allowed 34 points that game, yeah, that loss was partially on their defense. Romo played a poor game, but Dallas got beat by a better team on the road, there was nothing all that surprising about it.

Quote:

Seriously? All you do is defend his mediocrity. As if he's somehow any significant part of why the Chiefs are 6-0. You've even been doing it throughout this thread.

Quote:

I attended KU for 6 years. Try again, clown.

Quote:

Such is the nature of a one-off, 64 team crapshoot. You're going to have a few upsets every once in a while when you're always good. But I'm not going to bother explaining how KU has been the most successful program in the sport since 2003 (considering both the regular season and the post season) to a guy who clearly lacks the perspective needed to understand such a fact in the first place.

Quote:

Yeah, I think Alex Smith is a mediocre QB and Bill Self is a great college basketball coach. Some real reeruned opinions there!

Please stop, Dane, before you embarrass yourself any further.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092936)
Considering they allowed 34 points that game, yeah, that loss was partially on their defense. Romo played a poor game, but Dallas got beat by a better team on the road, there was nothing all that surprising about it.

LMAO

Apologist.

Quote:

Seriously? All you do is defend his mediocrity. As if he's somehow any significant part of why the Chiefs are 6-0. You've even been doing in throughout this thread.

Bullshit. Quote me, ****bag or shut the **** up.

Quote:

I attended KU for 6 years. Try again, clown.

Six years with no degree, I assume.

Quote:

Such is the nature of a one-off, 64 team crapshoot. You're going to have a few upsets every once in a while. But I'm not going to bother explaining how KU has been the most successful program in the sport since 2003 (considering both the regular season and the post season) to a guy who clearly lacks the perspective needed to understand such a fact in the first place.

Apologist

Quote:

Yeah, I think Alex Smith is a mediocre QB and Bill Self is a great college basketball coach. Some real reeruned opinions there!

Please stop, clown, before you embarrass yourself any further.

The only person that's been embarrassed is you.

Tony Romo was directly responsible for the WC loss against Seattle.

The Cowboys were 13-3 with home field and lost in the first round.

They could only score 3 points in a DIVISIONAL MATCH UP.

They haven't done dick since and they're on their way to their usual lame ass record.

You can defend your lover all you want but it doesn't excuse him from being a choker.

Sorter 10-16-2013 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=PGM;10092925]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10092859)

This dude

Loki?

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092944)
LMAO
Apologist.

No, Dane, unlike you I deal in facts, not bullshit. Dallas has been a tremendously flawed team with a poor defense for nearly the entirety of Romo's run there. While you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore that, he's not to blame for them not being a success. In fact, he should be credited with keeping them as mediocre as he has.

Quote:

Bullshit. Quote me, ****bag or shut the **** up.
Now you're really going to deny that you're a Smith apologist? Come on, now. LMAO

Quote:

Six years with no degree, I assume.
Two actually.

Quote:

Tony Romo was directly responsible for the WC loss against Seattle.

The Cowboys were 13-3 with home field and loss in the first round.

They could only score 3 points in a DIVISIONAL MATCH UP.
All losses and seasons that had much more to do with the rest of those mediocre teams than anything Romo did.

Quote:

They haven't done dick since and they're on their way to their usual lame ass record.
Because they don't play defense and haven't for four seasons now. Again, not Romo's fault.

Quote:

You can defend your lover all you want but it doesn't excuse him from being a choker.
Three playoff losses while quarterbacking flawed teams doesn't really suggest such a thing. The fact that he's been the best 4th quarter QB in the sport since he arrived even suggests the opposite.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092961)
No, Dane, unlike you I deal in facts, not bullshit. Dallas has been a tremendously flawed team with a poor defense for nearly the entirety of Romo's run there. While you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore that, he's not to blame for them not being a success. In fact, he should be credited with keeping them as mediocre as he has.

Now you're really going to deny that you're a Smith apologist? Come on, now. LMAO

Two actually.

All losses and seasons that had much more to do with the rest of those mediocre teams than anything Romo did.

Because they don't play defense and haven't for four seasons now. Again, not Romo's fault.

Three playoff losses while quarterbacking flawed teams doesn't really suggest such a thing. The fact that he's been the best 4th quarter QB in the sport since he arrived even suggests the opposite.

Hitler would be embarrassed if you had worked for him.

JFC.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092964)
Hitler would be embarrassed if you had worked for him.

JFC.

From the guy who thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback and Bill Self is a bad basketball coach everyone!

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092967)
From the guy who thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback and Bill Self is a bad basketball coach everyone!

Your ass must hurt from all the bullshit it's sprayed this evening.

Good luck with that.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092971)
Your ass must hurt from all the bullshit it's sprayed this evening.

Good luck with that.

Facts, Dane. You'd do well to use a few of them every now and then around here.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092976)
Facts, Dane. You'd do well to use a few of them every now and then around here.

LMAO

Go suck off Romo elsewhere, Dipshit

JENKINSWINS 10-16-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

How many other QBs have gone 25-5-1 over the last 3 seasons? That's better than good. Who else had a losing record last year and is 6-0 this year? No one!

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10092981)
LMAO

Go suck off Romo elsewhere, Dipshit

Keep living in your delusions, clown. Maybe Smith should even be coaching KU basketball with all his game managing ability and leadership qualities. That way we can kill two birds with one stone!

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 10092988)
How many other QBs have gone 25-5-1 over the last 3 seasons? That's better than good. Who else had a losing record last year and is 6-0 this year? No one!

The better question to ask is how many other QBs got the benefit of playing behind a top 2 defense over each of those 3 seasons.

JENKINSWINS 10-16-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092998)
The better question to ask is how many other QBs got the benefit of playing behind a top 2 defense over each of those 3 seasons.

Actually the better way to think about it is in those last 3 seasons both teams brought on new coaches one kept Smith and the other one did everything he could to get him. Looks like both made the right decisions. Stick to your day job and let these highly trained coaches do their jobs.

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 10093007)
Actually the better way to think about it is in those last 3 seasons both teams brought on new coaches one kept Smith and the other one did everything he could to get him. Looks like both made the right decisions. Stick to your day job and let these highly trained coaches do their jobs.

Smith has really propelled that Chiefs defense this year, hasn't he? I don't know where they'd be without him.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092994)
Keep living in your delusions, clown. Maybe Smith should even be coaching KU basketball with all his game managing ability and leadership qualities. That way we can kill two birds with one stone!

Could you be any ****ing dumber?

And I'm LMAO that you're still butthurt over comments I made in 2005 about Bill Self.

Obsess much?

KC_Connection 10-16-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10093015)
Could you be any ****ing dumber?

I don't know, I suppose I could be the guy saying that he wouldn't trade Alex Smith for Tony Romo and that Self is an underachiever of a college basketball coach. That'd be pretty ****ing dumb.

Quote:

And I'm LMAO that you're still butthurt over comments I made in 2005 about Bill Self.

Obsess much?
You're the one who brought up Bill Self here (for what reason, I'm not sure, as it certainly didn't enhance your already thin credibility).

I wouldn't have remembered your nonsensical opinion on that issue otherwise (which, apparently, you still maintain judging by your prolonged defense of it in this thread).

DaneMcCloud 10-17-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10093021)
I don't know, I suppose I could be the guy saying that he wouldn't trade Alex Smith for Tony Romo and that Self is an underachiever of a college basketball coach. That'd be pretty ****ing dumb.

Tony Romo has won absolutely nothing. He isn't worth discussing and up until now, he's been one of the NFL's all-time unclutch players.

And Bill Self got his shit pushed in by Bradley and Bucknell.

You can make all the excuses you want but nothing you say or do can change history or facts.

Mav 10-17-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Im a tarheel guy, who hates Kansas. Love Roy Williams, but Self is a BEAST of a coach.

BEAST. Hell of a recruiter as well.

Mav 10-17-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10093009)
Smith has really propelled that Chiefs defense this year, hasn't he? I don't know where they'd be without him.

You don't want to start this. I have stayed away from this conversation.

You really don't want to start this fight.

Just let it alone.

Alex Smith is a very big reason as to why the defense is what it is.

If the past two years in San Francisco didn't show you that, look at weeks two, and three for the 49ers this year, who tried to OPEN UP THE OFFENSE, and look how pitiful the defense looked.

Alex Smiths limitations aside. His ability to not turn the ball over, and to not put the defense in a position so they have to defend the short field, is A BIG REASON this defense is so special.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Alex Smith has the good fortune of playing with the #1 defense.

He almost never has to play from behind.

If he did, I have a feeling we'd see a far more turnover prone QB. Right now he has the luxury of almost never having to fit the ball into a tight window when the team really needs it. He basically sat around with his thumb up his ass last game apart from one drive.

Shit, he's already had 6-7 INTs dropped this year. Those are going to be secured if he keeps it up.

Mav 10-17-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10093057)

If he did, I have a feeling we'd see a far more turnover prone QB.

I agree with you.

But, his ability to not turn the ball over, and to allow the defense, and THE MVP to do their jobs, is a huge part of that.

You should have no problem agreeing with that. Even though, I know you want to.

keg in kc 10-17-2013 12:31 AM

He's had several INTs dropped, and the team as a whole has had several fumbles go out of bounds. Fortune has definitely been smiling down on us. Karmic balancing-out from last season's horrors.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10093058)
I agree with you.

But, his ability to not turn the ball over, and to allow the defense, and THE MVP to do their jobs, is a huge part of that.

You should have no problem agreeing with that. Even though, I know you want to.

And the people who are impressed by that are the same people who praised Cassel in 2010. The guy had 4 INTs in the first 15 weeks of play. He was being compared to Tom Brady.

Mav 10-17-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10093061)
And the people who are impressed by that are the same people who praised Cassel in 2010. The guy had 4 INTs in the first 15 weeks of play. He was being compared to Tom Brady.

There really is nothing to be compared to Cassel, and im not praising Alex Smith.

Simply stating that his style of play leaves opposing teams with LONG fields. Its very hard against a GREAT DEFENSE, to establish long drives over and over.

This has very little to do with anything Alex does, other than making sure drives end in either a fg, punt, or extra point.

That's ALL he has to do.

When you are playing the Chiefs, and you look up, and you have to go 80 yards on that defense, that is NOT an encouraging sight.

its just not.....

KC_Connection 10-17-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10093035)
Tony Romo has won absolutely nothing.

Dallas has won nothing because they are consistently a horribly flawed football team (with those flaws mostly coming on defense). Teams win games, not individual players. You'd think you should have learned that much by watching these last six weeks of Chiefs football while Alex Smith played the role of "game manager (which has become just another way of saying he doesn't really do anything).

Quote:

He isn't worth discussing
His presence alone would propel the Chiefs to be a top 10 offense. That, combined with their elite defense, would make them a SB contender. The same goes for any other QB of Romo's caliber (i.e. QBs better than Alex Smith, of which there are many).

Quote:

and up until now, he's been one of the NFL's all-time unclutch players.
Except there is little basis to make that statement beyond 3 playoff losses on teams that were never going anywhere to begin with due to their inherent flaws. And as mentioned, there is considerable evidence to suggest the opposite (his 4th quarter stats and comeback record).

Quote:

And Bill Self got his shit pushed in by Bradley and Bucknell.
And yet, despite these crapshoot losses (which are the norm for every other top basketball program if you actually took the time to look, see Kentucky and especially Duke), he's built the most successful program in the sport over the last decade with the most regular season and post-season success over that time. Only an absolute know-nothing, perspective-less moron would criticize Bill Self and the job he does. But I suppose that's you, isn't it?

KC_Connection 10-17-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10093050)
Im a tarheel guy, who hates Kansas. Love Roy Williams, but Self is a BEAST of a coach.

BEAST. Hell of a recruiter as well.

Of course. You'd have to either be trolling or completely delusional to suggest differently. It's him, Coach K, and Cal at the top of college basketball right now and it likely will remain that way until they retire/move on to the NBA.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10093063)
There really is nothing to be compared to Cassel

Yes there is.

In 2010 Matt Cassel did a great job of protecting the ball.

He also could not throw down the field to save his life, the same as Alex.

It is almost exactly the same situation now, except Cassel was actually a more productive passer than Alex Smith that year.

Through six weeks that year, Cassel was:

Quote:

91/153 (59.4%)
1,044 yards
6.8 YPA
11.4 YPC
9 TD
3 INT
91.5 rating
The Chiefs were averaging 21.5 OPPG (I took out defensive/special teams scores).

This year, through six weeks, Alex is:

Quote:

122/216 (56.5%)
1,330 yards
6.2 YPA
10.9 YPC
7 TD
3 INT
79.8 rating
The Chiefs are averaging 19.5 OPPG this year.

Sure, the Chiefs were 4-2 that year. Why?

1. They lost to Peyton Manning.
2. They lost a game to a team that scored 35 points.

We're going to lose in the same situations with Alex as we did with Cassel in 2010. I guarantee you.

keg in kc 10-17-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10093063)
There really is nothing to be compared to Cassel, and im not praising Alex Smith.

Simply stating that his style of play leaves opposing teams with LONG fields. Its very hard against a GREAT DEFENSE, to establish long drives over and over.

This has very little to do with anything Alex does, other than making sure drives end in either a fg, punt, or extra point.

That's ALL he has to do.

When you are playing the Chiefs, and you look up, and you have to go 80 yards on that defense, that is NOT an encouraging sight.

its just not.....

I'll give you this much: you really get creative when it comes to painting his play so far this season as being beneficial in some random way.

Marcellus 10-17-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10092461)
Laz is absolutely correct. We hold a two minute advantage in TOP.

That's ridiculously low considering the play of the defense.

Scoring 4 defensive TD's and a ST TD will skew that as well as it puts the defense right back on the field. Thats almost a drive per game so far where the offense didn't get the ball.

Marcellus 10-17-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10093076)

We're going to lose in the same situations with Alex as we did with Cassel in 2010. I guarantee you.

That and $2 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

BossChief 10-17-2013 07:45 AM

Anyone else find it weird that Dane used to call for peoples heads that used a term like "no homo" after a post because of it's destructive nature towards the gay community, but nowadays seems to call people a cock sucker regularly.

Just thought that was odd, but oh well. Carry on, cock suckers.

BossChief 10-17-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10092831)
Why sustain drives when you can just go three and out, punt, then force a turnover on defense, though?

Smith knows how to win.

ROFL

King_Chief_Fan 10-17-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10093061)

links?

Bearcat 10-17-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Yes there is.

It is almost exactly the same situation now, except Cassel was actually a more productive passer than Alex Smith that year.

The Chiefs were averaging 21.5 OPPG (I took out defensive/special teams scores).

HUGE upgrade... what about the intangible stats? I'm sure Smith is way ahead in those.

petegz28 10-17-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10091512)
Not having explosive players does not preclude an offense from being either efficient or productive.

Although, frankly, they do have explosive players. Avery certainly is. Christ, he's averaging 17 yards a catch. And he actually has been behind the defense a number of times, but Smith simply can't get the ball there. That has to be a major part of the problem at this point: when your QB physically can't throw a pass longer than about 30 yards, the defense doesn't have to work real hard to keep everything in front of them.

But I think the biggest problem right now, aside from the line play on the first three drives Sunday (which did clear up after that point) is that Smith has suddenly become wildly inaccurate. He's even missing on the short passes now.

Save the 40 yard bomb against Ten among a couple others

petegz28 10-17-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10093059)
He's had several INTs dropped, and the team as a whole has had several fumbles go out of bounds. Fortune has definitely been smiling down on us. Karmic balancing-out from last season's horrors.

EVERY QB has had "several INT's dropped"

JFC....you guys act like you have never watched other teams

petegz28 10-17-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10093057)

If he did, I have a feeling we'd see a far more turnover prone QB. Right now he has the luxury of almost never having to fit the ball into a tight window when the team really needs it. He basically sat around with his thumb up his ass last game apart from one drive.

Shit, he's already had 6-7 INTs dropped this year. Those are going to be secured if he keeps it up.

And the #1 defense has the fortune of playing with a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and consistently put them in bad positions. It's all a cycle. One benfits from the other...thus it being called a team sport.

okcchief 10-17-2013 08:08 AM

Alex Smith doesn't put the team in bad situations. That's really the only thing he's adding to the teams success. The offensive line isn't helping matters, but he's average at best. If Reid had a chance to trade for Romo he absolutely would. Jason Garrett and the Cowboys defense has more to do with their recent problems than Romo IMO. He's definately not good in the clutch, but I dont see how any Chief wouldn't drool at the thought of Reid working with a talent like that.

JENKINSWINS 10-17-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10093261)
Alex Smith doesn't put the team in bad situations. That's really the only thing he's adding to the teams success. The offensive line isn't helping matters, but he's average at best. If Reid had a chance to trade for Romo he absolutely would. Jason Garrett and the Cowboys defense has more to do with their recent problems than Romo IMO. He's definately not good in the clutch, but I dont see how any Chief wouldn't drool at the thought of Reid working with a talent like that.

Hell, he better get Bryant and Witten while he's at it. Imagine the drooling that would happen with the thought of Reid working with talent like that.

Ace Gunner 10-17-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Yes there is.

then we are going to lose to the texans this weekend. and we'll lose to the raiders twice. and the Colts will win too.

sure.

JENKINSWINS 10-17-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10093441)
then we are going to lose to the texans this weekend. and we'll lose to the raiders twice. and the Colts will win too.

sure.

Exactly, this year KC should only beat the same 2 teams they did last year.

Bearcat 10-17-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10093441)

sure.

Yeah, that's what he meant. :facepalm:

NinerDoug 10-17-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10093258)
And the #1 defense has the fortune of playing with a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and consistently put them in bad positions. It's all a cycle. One benfits from the other...thus it being called a team sport.

I think your O is also pretty good in the time of possession battle, which your D would appreciate.

JENKINSWINS 10-17-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 10093467)
I think your O is also pretty good in the time of possession battle, which your D would appreciate.

If they can go into the bye healthy and come out of it even healthier. They should have plenty of time to watch film and see how to put people in better position to be effective in the offense. Using that time wisely will only help this young offense become better. Look how they were able to implement Chad Hall in the Titans game. I can see more of that coming up with others players. They just need the time to get it together. If they come out of the bye and they are still struggling, then maybe it's fair to hit the panic button.

FringeNC 10-17-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Equating outcomes in 2013 with outcomes in 2010, based solely on offense is crazy. Our D appears to be dominant now, it was only a little bit above average in 2010.

Sure, there's no doubt that right now, our offense is worse than it was in 2010, but I'd attribute that exclusively to how bad our O-line is playing. JC averaged 6.4 yards per carry in 2010. Simply unheard of. If JC averaged 6.4 yards this year, we'd be unbeatable. And he was not averaging 6.4 yards in 2010 because opposing Ds were scared of Matt Cassel.