ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Fallout 4? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278587)

Fish 11-09-2015 06:34 PM

What are you losers doing for the next 6 hours?

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hnu877.png

hometeam 11-09-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11872115)
This game looks so clunky and I think it's pretty much the same engine with a new paint job. The streams I watched left me unimpressed.

Even worse was the UI. It looks ugly as hell.

UI only works properly with controller, comes stock with 30fps lock and 80 FOV.

Bye bethesda! You are now in a pile with UBI and EA with your 200 dollar shitty console ports.

ZootedGranny 11-09-2015 07:18 PM

Used a VPN to unlock it this morning on PC. Default FOV was giving me a headache until I changed it. I favor VATS, but playing it as a straight up FPS is completely viable.

allen_kcCard 11-09-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11872914)
What are you losers doing for the next 6 hours?

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hnu877.png

How the heck?

Edit: ah...nvm, forgot you had the cracked pc one

New World Order 11-09-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11872935)
UI only works properly with controller, comes stock with 30fps lock and 80 FOV.

Bye bethesda! You are now in a pile with UBI and EA with your 200 dollar shitty console ports.

Consoles are the first priority for devs.

hometeam 11-09-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11873007)
Consoles are the first priority for devs.

Skyrim, PC was the first priority. After ESO etc though they have went down the path of least resistance. They used to be one of the good guys.

Console is first priority. They own the hardware, the OS, the software, and even the connection status. They use it to milk more money per copy out of people. It works.

Doesn't make for good games, just good business.

MTG#10 11-09-2015 09:08 PM

Cant get the Codex cracked copy to install...setup.exe does nothing. Tried installing in admin ode, no dice. Windows 7...anyone else encounter this?

New World Order 11-09-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11873118)
Skyrim, PC was the first priority. After ESO etc though they have went down the path of least resistance. They used to be one of the good guys.

Console is first priority. They own the hardware, the OS, the software, and even the connection status. They use it to milk more money per copy out of people. It works.

Doesn't make for good games, just good business.

And I'm not disagreeing with you.

Beef Supreme 11-09-2015 10:31 PM

Really? They can't flip the ON switch a half hour early?

allen_kcCard 11-09-2015 11:01 PM

IN!

Loneiguana 11-10-2015 07:09 AM

Played for about 30 mins before work. Really just the intro part. Was pretty cool, got me excited. Liked this intro a bit better than fallout 3.

Runs alright on 6 gb of ram so far. No major or really minor screen hiccups.

Soooo glad tomorrow is a holiday.

J Diddy 11-10-2015 07:16 AM

Hadn't taken the xbox one plunge quite yet until this. Found a dealer out of new york so I saved on the taxes and got the bundle plus an extra controller for $399. Be here Thursday.

Boner in tact.

mdchiefsfan 11-10-2015 08:04 AM

I've logged about 4 hours so far. Loving it quite a bit. Can't wait to get the day over to get back to it.

mdchiefsfan 11-10-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 11873482)
IN!

I love this post occurring at 12:01 EST and nothing following until 8 am.

mdchiefsfan 11-10-2015 08:22 AM

Also, to add: I haven't experienced any major glitches or bugs as of yet. The only issue I found was behind the city the games starts in, once in the Wasteland, there is a destroyed pier across a body of water that I jumped over. Once I tried to jump back over I got stuck in a triangle of ruble in the water, collecting rads none-stop. I couldn't jump over it, or go underneath it. I had to reboot from a previous save, but nothing too annoying as of yet.

I'm playing on Xbox One.

allen_kcCard 11-10-2015 08:30 AM

I played for a few hours last night before going to bed so I could get the kids to school this morning. Workshop has already drawn me in...spent all morning scrapping stuff in sanctuary and red rocket trying to see what I will build.

Fire Me Boy! 11-10-2015 08:56 AM

Love the scavenging change - just shows you what's there to take without having to open everything.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 09:26 AM

Played for a couple hours last night. It's cool. I'm engrossed. And like any other Bethesda game, I'm annoyed with the UI. Jesus ****ing Christ you would think that after all these years they could make a UI for the PC that didn't suck donkey ballz.

Fire Me Boy! 11-10-2015 03:06 PM

Fallout 4?

Anyone other than me having a hellish have time finding any damn traders?

Buck 11-10-2015 03:31 PM

So the game breaks if you play above 60 FPS. So I have to decide whether I want to get the game and play it gimped down because my computer is too good or I have to play it on PS4 which runs at sub 20 FPS a lot.

I am hating on this game a lot, but knowing me I will end up buying it. Can't decide on which version to get.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 03:49 PM

Yeah, I don't get the fps complaints. If you can run it at a solid, continuous 60 FPS, you will never see any problem due to FPS. Your eye doesn't process that fast. As long as it never dips below 30 fps, you would never even be able to tell unless you read the numbers on the FPS meter.

hometeam 11-10-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11874639)
Yeah, I don't get the fps complaints. If you can run it at a solid, continuous 60 FPS, you will never see any problem due to FPS. Your eye doesn't process that fast. As long as it never dips below 30 fps, you would never even be able to tell unless you read the numbers on the FPS meter.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

please.. just dont man.. really.

Everything you said after the first sentence is 100% absolutely wrong.

Fire Me Boy! 11-10-2015 04:06 PM

Seriously! Are there any ****ing traders around this place?

jiveturkey 11-10-2015 04:15 PM

Why in the name of Zeus' butthole did I pre-order this on Amazon? My packages usually get here around lunch time.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11874665)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

please.. just dont man.. really.

Everything you said after the first sentence is 100% absolutely wrong.

Whatever. My rig can run a lot of games at 150 fps on ultra settings. I don't notice anything wrong with the way it runs Fallout 4. If you can spot something amiss with your bat-vision, sucks for you i guess.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11874682)
Seriously! Are there any ****ing traders around this place?

I read a post on another forum about a town to the southeast of the starting village that has traders, but I haven't got there yet.

hometeam 11-10-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11874724)
Whatever. My rig can run a lot of games at 150 fps on ultra settings. I don't notice anything wrong with the way it runs Fallout 4. If you can spot something amiss with your bat-vision, sucks for you i guess.

Im not saying fallout 4 runs bad.. I dont think it does.. my friend has been playing it all day at 60..

Buck happens to have a 144hz monitor and would like to run the game over 60FPS, he cant, since its using an old engine and riddled with bugs~

But in the part that you think there is no difference in 60 and 30, and 'your eye cant see it' you are just plain, unequivocally, 100% wrong, and its not close.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 04:33 PM

I didn't say there was no difference, but as long as it stays pretty constant at 60 fps and never drops below 30 in the worst circumstances, you aren't really going to notice much, if anything.

Buck 11-10-2015 05:20 PM

Fallout 4?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11874639)

You are flat out 100% wrong.

I have a 144 Hz monitor and the differnce between 60 FPS and 144 FPS is clear as day. Don't spew shit as fact if you don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: as far as your 2nd post saying you can run games at 150+ FPS, if you don't have a monitor that has a refresh rate above 30 or 60 Hz, then you won't notice a difference.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11874839)
You are flat out 100% wrong.

I have a 144 Hz monitor and the differnce between 60 FPS and 144 FPS is clear as day. Don't spew shit as fact if you don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: as far as your 2nd post saying you can run games at 150+ FPS, if you don't have a monitor that has a refresh rate above 30 or 60 Hz, then you won't notice a difference.

Sounds like you bought the wrong monitor.

unlurking 11-10-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11874968)
Sounds like you bought the wrong monitor.

ROFL

:shake:

mdchiefsfan 11-10-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11874608)
So the game breaks if you play above 60 FPS. So I have to decide whether I want to get the game and play it gimped down because my computer is too good or I have to play it on PS4 which runs at sub 20 FPS a lot.

I am hating on this game a lot, but knowing me I will end up buying it. Can't decide on which version to get.

First world problems :p

Buck 11-10-2015 06:52 PM

I can lower my monitor's refresh rate to 120/60/30, but I don't want to because 144 looks better. Bethesda for no ****ing good reason at all tied animation rate directly to refresh rate, and the most hyped game of 2015 is leaving a sour taste in the mouths of people who CAN ACTUALLY MEET THE RECOMMENDED PC SPECS THAT BETHESDA PUT OUT. SO STUPID.

Trevo_410 11-10-2015 08:56 PM

#masterraceprobs

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2015 11:29 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r4EHjFkVw-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsLV 11-11-2015 12:22 AM

Playing on ps4. Have only made out of the vault. Initial impressions are I'm a little disappointed with the graphics, though I recently finished Witcher 3 and Last of us Remastered which are beautiful games. Realize that the Fallout series is more about the adventure/story/mechanics, but had hoped for little more graphics-wise.

Dave Lane 11-11-2015 12:56 AM

I'm only about 18 hours in but been getting my ass kicked a bunch. One thing i haven't figured is how to level skills like lockpicking to open safes. Any figure it out?

Beef Supreme 11-11-2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11876034)
I'm only about 18 hours in but been getting my ass kicked a bunch. One thing i haven't figured is how to level skills like lockpicking to open safes. Any figure it out?

They got rid of skills entirely for this game. Lockpicking is a perk now, under perception.

mdchiefsfan 11-11-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11876034)

In your pip boy, once you level up, hold Y (or triangle on PS4) to access your perk tree. The more leveled up your SPECIAL attributes the further down the perk tree you can unlock.

You don't have to unlock the first perk to unlock the second level perk if you have enough stars in the SPECIAL attributes as well.

Gonzo 11-11-2015 06:49 AM

My residents are getting happier. I built two houses, two water pumps and now they have electricity.

I'm kinda stuck at the moment. I've completed a few missions but I need to rank up before i can progress further.

Fish 11-11-2015 09:28 AM

Reached level 15 last night. Things are mostly as expected with the game. Character graphics are clunky, but environment graphics are nice. They have some very serious flaws with the controls though. At least on PC. If you happen to use anything other than WSAD keys for movement, you have to deal with some major bullshit with key controls. I'm actually one of the few who uses EDSF keys for movement. When you set that, it completely ****s with controls in many other modes like settlement building. And you're constantly grabbing things and dragging them when you don't want to. Big facepalm by Bethesda there.

The guns are amazing. I geek out on the complex customizations quite a bit. Ammo is scarce and expensive though. So you end up using whatever gun you happen to have ammo for, as opposed to sticking with one awesome gun. And even then, I end up doing gun bash finishers as often as possible to save shells. I have a pimped out weapon of just about every caliber available.

The settlement building is fun. But I can't really see the point of it in the long run. I guess it gives you some free supplies.

Boss battles are tough. I defeated the Mirelurk Queen, and holy shit that took me forever.

Adhesive. JFC.... Don't you ever pass a roll of duct tape or Wonderglue and not pick that shit up, bro. Seriously.

Workbench... that confused the shit out of me for quite a while. Took me way too long to figure out how to transfer my junk materials to the workbench to use them for gun/ammo building.

Some of the Perks are frustrating. The good ones require you to be at specific player levels.

Hint: Get a bad ass legendary fusion rifle, and nice armor early on by completing the Brotherhood of Steel mission in Cambridge.

Save often........

Dave Lane 11-11-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11876062)
They got rid of skills entirely for this game. Lockpicking is a perk now, under perception.

Ahhh hadn't followed that tree far enough.

Beef Supreme 11-11-2015 10:40 AM

I hit level 7 last night with a similar impression as Fish. I haven't worried about key rebinds in years, though. A programable gaming keypad has paid for itself multiple times in avoided headaches in multiple games.

UI is tragically clunky.

The shooting combat is much better than previous games. Adhesive is definitely the choke point for upgrades. I wouldn't call the weapons I have amazing, but it's still early and they do the job. Ammo is a bit scarce and kinda expensive, but only I have 2 CHA and LUCK.

It's a little harder than previous games, but that was probably needed. It can be tough to spot who is shooting at you and from where at times, and once I heard a voice say something like "What's that?" followed by a rocket up my ass 3 seconds later from I have no idea where. Ghouls come sprinting at you like a batter hit by a pitch. Raiders shoot you from rooftops behind cover. I've only died twice though. It's good fun.

I have no idea how a dedicated melee guy could get through the game, at least early on.

The crafting is cool, but an inventory full of everything starts to wear thin.

Save often ........

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2015 10:57 AM

Where did everyone start with the SPECIAL?

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11876357)
The shooting combat is much better than previous games. Adhesive is definitely the choke point for upgrades. I wouldn't call the weapons I have amazing, but it's still early and they do the job. Ammo is a bit scarce and kinda expensive, but only I have 2 CHA and LUCK.

It's a little harder than previous games, but that was probably needed. It can be tough to spot who is shooting at you and from where at times, and once I heard a voice say something like "What's that?" followed by a rocket up my ass 3 seconds later from I have no idea where. Ghouls come sprinting at you like a batter hit by a pitch. Raiders shoot you from rooftops behind cover. I've only died twice though. It's good fun.

I have no idea how a dedicated melee guy could get through the game, at least early on.

The crafting is cool, but an inventory full of everything starts to wear thin.

Save often ........

I hate that the ghouls are all over the place.

And has anyone figured out how to charge your power armor battery, or where to find a new one?

Beef Supreme 11-11-2015 11:02 AM

Str: 6
Per: 4
End: 4
Cha: 2
Int: 8
Agi: 2
Lk: 2

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11876413)
Str: 6
Per: 4
End: 4
Cha: 2
Int: 8
Agi: 2
Lk: 2

I thought the starting total was 21?

Also, I always load up on Luck. Luck affects everything, from what you find in crates to critical hits. I've found in previous plays through F:3 and F:NV it's worth it.

Beef Supreme 11-11-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11876426)
I thought the starting total was 21?

You get 21 points to spend, but each stat starts at 1, so 28 total.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11876430)
You get 21 points to spend, but each stat starts at 1, so 28 total.

Ah, good call.

Beef Supreme 11-11-2015 11:14 AM

I went high luck in Vegas, because crits, and gambling. The way crits work in this game, having to activate them manually on a cooldown, I didn't think it was worth it. I wanted perks in other trees.

Hard to say how much it effects what I find in crates. I may regret it being so low. I can always add more to luck as I go. I figured for first character I wanted to be able to carry a bunch of shit and get faster xp so I can add perks and even special points faster.

Dave Lane 11-11-2015 11:36 AM

Holy crap has anyone taken the castle yet? God DAMN that was the craziest battle at level 11 in history. WOW

I think I died a 100 times

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11876472)
Holy crap has anyone taken the castle yet? God DAMN that was the craziest battle at level 11 in history. WOW

I think I died a 100 times

Where is this castle?

And I've died quite a few times myself.

Gonzo 11-11-2015 12:17 PM

I'm playing on ps4 and while I love parts of this game, it's frustrating as hell.

BTW, you can get some power armor sighing 5 mins of exiting the vault. Check out Tyrannicon's YouTube for all hints. He also has PC cheats if you play that way.

Beef Supreme 11-11-2015 12:25 PM

I have the power armor. I just don't really use it. I may strap it on if I run up against a particularly tough area. I also really don't use VATS very often.

I'm mostly avoiding too many hints for now, And I won't use cheats until some play through down the road when I am bored and want to try something.

Beef Supreme 11-11-2015 12:43 PM

And right after I say I'm avoiding hints, I saw a post title I couldn't resist: Copy and pasted for your enjoyment:

Legit way to home grow your own "adhesive" for mods etc.

Spoiler!

Dave Lane 11-11-2015 01:20 PM

Are you guys taking Cogsworth with you or Dogmeat?

Dave Lane 11-11-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11876488)
Where is this castle?

And I've died quite a few times myself.

It's the Minutemen Castle deep in the Commonwealth. Guarded by a Queen mirelurk. I had no business trying at this level to take her out. I'm sure I died a 100 times or more trying different strategies to finally kill her. I was out of every kind of ammo at the end and all my health items.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11876696)
Are you guys taking Cogsworth with you or Dogmeat?

Dogmeat for now.

Fish 11-11-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11876703)
It's the Minutemen Castle deep in the Commonwealth. Guarded by a Queen mirelurk. I had no business trying at this level to take her out. I'm sure I died a 100 times or more trying different strategies to finally kill her. I was out of every kind of ammo at the end and all my health items.

Be sure and say hi to the giant badass robot in the tunnels under the castle.

Dave Lane 11-11-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11876806)
Be sure and say hi to the giant badass robot in the tunnels under the castle.

I skipped him for now :) I was out of everything after killing the Queen.

mdchiefsfan 11-11-2015 05:06 PM

My son just came down with a fever and what he wants to feel better is watch me play this game. I mean, twist my arm, why don't you?

007 11-11-2015 11:29 PM

so you no longer age when cryogenicly frozen eh?

eDave 11-12-2015 01:10 AM

A gathering of tips:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comment...e_should_know/

jiveturkey 11-12-2015 07:57 AM

I miss the old ghouls. These sons a bitches a tough and fast. I ran into a named family of them near Diamond City that beat the bejesus out of me. I'm finding that the settlement building is super boring but I'm hoping that it pays off down the road.

Do I need to maintain multiple settlements or can I just focus on Sanctuary?

Fire Me Boy! 11-12-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11877698)
I miss the old ghouls. These sons a bitches a tough and fast. I ran into a named family of them near Diamond City that beat the bejesus out of me. I'm finding that the settlement building is super boring but I'm hoping that it pays off down the road.

Do I need to maintain multiple settlements or can I just focus on Sanctuary?

I ran into them. They kicked my ass three times before I gave up trying to get to Diamond City yet (I'm only level 5).

I think you can focus on one, but if you get your charisma high enough and level a couple perks in Local Leader, you can set up trade routes between settlements.

jiveturkey 11-12-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11877700)
I ran into them. They kicked my ass three times before I gave up trying to get to Diamond City yet (I'm only level 5).

I think you can focus on one, but if you get your charisma high enough and level a couple perks in Local Leader, you can set up trade routes between settlements.

I just took a wide ass route around them after multiple failed attempts. I could take out a couple of them at lvl 7 but an entire family of angry/drunk/Irish ghouls is too much to handle.

Fire Me Boy! 11-12-2015 08:25 AM

I want that ghoul mask from Fallout 3 (or was it New Vegas?).

Fish 11-12-2015 08:50 AM

So.... turns out the Minutemen Castle is pretty cool for another reason. Artillery strikes. Once you retake the castle, get past Sarge in the tunnels, and access the armory, you gain the ability to call in artillery strikes that rain down heavy artillery from the sky. Serious boom. And then you can place artillery cannons at any settlement you have, and be able to call in airstrikes from that settlement too. Haven't figured out exactly what the range is, but it's pretty far. With enough settlements, you could blanket the map.

Fish 11-12-2015 08:59 AM

Got to level 18 last night. I have the most badass tactical shotgun that does 105 hits of damage. Just wish I had some shells to use it.....

Beef Supreme 11-12-2015 10:05 AM

I got the cool laser rifle Fish was talking about from the Brotherhood of Steel. And then proceeded to use up more than half of the ammo I had for it taking down a couple of legendary mire lurks which I had to run over to some super mutants and let them help kill because they were kicking my ass.

Hit level 11 by the end of the night.

Skyy God 11-12-2015 11:38 AM

Anyone using the money glitch?

Beef Supreme 11-12-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 11878003)

I haven't heard of "The money glitch." But why bother. If you want to cheat some caps, there are console commands to give yourself as much as you want instantly.

Aspengc8 11-12-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 11878003)

Pretty sure they are going to hotfix that asap since it makes certain Luck perks pointless.

Wildcat2005 11-12-2015 03:20 PM

Is this game worth picking up for someone who has never played a Fallout game before?

Honestly I probably have not played much of an RPG game since Ocarina of Time on the N64

It piqued my curiosity with all the hype, but there are a lot of negative reviews already for some reason

I am wondering if it would be better to pick up Fallout 3 or New Vegas on the cheap to see what the franchise is like before considering the newest one

Fire Me Boy! 11-12-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 11878419)
Is this game worth picking up for someone who has never played a Fallout game before?

Honestly I probably have not played much of an RPG game since Ocarina of Time on the N64

It piqued my curiosity with all the hype, but there are a lot of negative reviews already for some reason

I am wondering if it would be better to pick up Fallout 3 or New Vegas on the cheap to see what the franchise is like before considering the newest one

I think that's worthwhile if you've never played Fallout, or if you've never played Skyrim or Oblivion.

GloucesterChief 11-12-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 11878419)

They are self contained so you don't need to know anything going into it. From 3 on they play more like FPS than RPGs at least the action parts.

Mother****erJones 11-12-2015 11:15 PM

My only issue when building you should be able to zoom out so you can get a better vantage point on what you're building.

jiveturkey 11-13-2015 07:20 AM

I figure that I'll spend more time building later in the game. I'll probably also put more effort into settling at the castle instead of Sanctuary.

Gonzo 11-13-2015 09:03 AM

Nick Valentine as a buddy FTW. I love using him.

Dave Lane 11-13-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11879368)
Nick Valentine as a buddy FTW. I love using him.

He looks like Livestream though...