ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2014 Missouri Tigers Football Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280230)

OmahaChief 01-07-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10352947)
Losses:

OFFENSE

QB James Franklin
LT Justin Britt. Likely a middle-round NFL pick, from what I've seen (4th/5th)
LG Max Copeland. Former walk-on was the weak link on the OL but brought an attitude to the group that was crucial.
WR Marcus Lucas: Steady senior was a weapon in the slot.
WR LaDamian Washington. Led the team in receiving yards and feasted off of single coverage due to teams
TE Eric Waters. Was not used as a receiving target very often but had a good year as an in-line blocker.

DEFENSE
DE Michael Sam
DE Kony Ealy. Rs. JR has already declared for the draft. Has come a long way from the raw basketball player who barely qualified for college out of HS. Lock to be a first-round pick, may go as high as Top 10.
MLB Andrew Wilson. Steady, hard-hitting defensive captain. Didn't have great sideline-to-sideline range, but generally made the right calls, got the team in position, and delivered a blow when he arrived.
OLB Donavan Bonner. Didn't play much - he was the odd LB out in the nickel package.
CB EJ Gaines. Missouri's best corner since the 60s. 2nd-4th round pick in the draft, depending on the scout.
CB Randy Ponder. Former walk-on who was a steady starter opposite Gaines. Undersized and not that fast, but solid in run support and had good instincts.

So quite a few losses. Josey is the only other potential early entry loss, probably depends on his draft grade. I'm not sure if he declares or not. Here's a guess at what next year's two deep looks like (returning starters in BOLD, players with experience in BOLD/ITAL)

QB Maty Mauk/Eddie Printz
RB Josey/Russell Hansbrough/Marcus Murphy
WR Dorial Green-Beckham/Darius White
WR Bud Sasser/Nate Brown (incoming freshman)
WR Jimmy Hunt/Levi Copelin
TE Sean Culkin/Brandon Merrifield
LT Clay Rhodes/Taylor Chappell
LG Anthony Gatti/Brad McNulty
C Evan Boehm/Alec Abeln
RG Connor McGovern/Mitch Hall
RT Mitch Morse/Jordan Williams

Offense returns 3/5 OL, good, experienced talent at WR (though it will go 6-6/6-4/6-2 rather than 6-6/6-5/6-4), a very effective RB group and a potentially dynamic QB. Big question will be who plays LT. They could slide the experienced Mitch Morse over there, but redshirt freshman Clay Rhodes has drawn rave reviews from practice and might have the highest upside on this OL.

RDE Shane Ray/Ricky Hatley or Marcus Loud
LDE Markus Golden/Ricky Hatley or Charles Harris
DT Matt Hoch/Josh Augusta
DT Harold Brantley/Lucas Vincent

OLB Donavin Newsome/Darvin Ruise
MLB Michael Scherer/Eric Biesel
OLB Kentrell Brothers/Clarence Green

CB Aarion Penton/Logan Cheadle or Anthony Sherrils
CB John Gibson/Earnest Payton

S Braylon Webb/Greg Taylor (freshman)
S Ian Simon/Duron Singleton

The defense has a pair of strong DEs in Ray and Golden - who were nearly as effective as Sam/Ealy this year - but depth behind them is a real question. The middle of the line should be ascending, with standout young guys like Brantley and Augusta joining quality vets like Hoch and Vincent.

At LB, they need to replace the man in the middle but should remain strong in the nickel set, which is the primary set. I think they're a little more athletic at the OLB spot. Secondary is a big question. Both Penton and Gibson played a lot and played well this year, but Gaines is still a big loss. They lose Matt White at S, which is addition by subtraction.

I'd expect a step back defensively, though not a complete drop-off. Offense will need to rev up to compensate.

There is no Brandon Merrifield at TE..we have a Brandon Holifield but I think he smoked himself out of school already. Jason Reese is the likely backup at TE

duncan_idaho 01-07-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 10353740)
There is no Brandon Merrifield at TE..we have a Brandon Holifield but I think he smoked himself out of school already. Jason Reese is the likely backup at TE

That's right. Holifield is who I was thinking of, but I forgot he was gone. Did that on the fly.

Guess it's Reese, then. Unless they manage to land Frank Iheanacho and he plays right away.

duncan_idaho 01-07-2014 04:33 PM

Looking at the depth chart a little bit more, I really think it would be smart to be creative in the way Harold Brantley is used.

Missouri has two quality, proven DEs in Shane Ray and Markus Golden, each of whom is capable of being a star.

But beyond that, unless Dante Sawyer flips on his visit in a few weeks or Rocel McWilliams is much better than anticipated, you're looking at projects like rs. freshman Charles Harris or rs. sophomore Ricky Hatley and a guy like Marcus Loud, who did have some quality offers - Michigan State and Mississippi State among them.

They probably get at least ONE good player out of that group next year, but hitting on 2/3 as underclassmen seems like a stretch to me.

Mizzou has four quality, proven DTs in Matt Hoch, Lucas Vincent, Josh Augusta and Harold Brantley.

And it has several redshirt freshmen who hold promise: AJ Logan, Nate Crawford, DeQuinton Osborne and Evan Winston.

All that considered (and I know it's a wall of text), I think it makes sense to think about playing Brantley at LDE/SDE. You could still rotate him inside on passing downs, just like they do now, and it would mean either Ray or Golden isn't "officially" a starter, but I think that's Missouri's best chance to get to a reliable, 8-deep rotation next year.

Saul Good 01-07-2014 04:53 PM

Brantley, Ray, Golden, and Loud are all going to be very good players next year.

KChiefs1 01-07-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10353481)
Seriously...would you trade our (yet to be determined) draft for Ealy, Sam, Gaines, Britt, Josey, and Washington?

Honestly, I think I would...and I'd grab Maclin in FA just for good measure.

KU fans would burn Arrowhead down.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-07-2014 08:56 PM

Ealy is a top 20 pick. Sam, Josey, and Gaines all go in the late third or higher. Washington is probably a 3rd-4th rounder who could blossom into a real star on the outside and could skyrocket after the combine/Sr. Bowl. Britt is a RG/RT in the pros who might be a quality backup. Lucas should get drafted in the 5th or 6th, too. Wilson might stick as a ST'er in the pros.

There are 7-8 pros leaving Missouri.

Saul Good 01-07-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10354233)
Ealy is a top 20 pick. Sam, Josey, and Gaines all go in the late third or higher. Washington is probably a 3rd-4th rounder who could blossom into a real star on the outside and could skyrocket after the combine/Sr. Bowl. Britt is a RG/RT in the pros who might be a quality backup. Lucas should get drafted in the 5th or 6th, too. Wilson might stick as a ST'er in the pros.

There are 7-8 pros leaving Missouri.

I can't imagine Josey going that high, and I doubt Washington gets drafted at all. I would be stunned if Lucas did.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-07-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10354240)
I can't imagine Josey going that high, and I doubt Washington gets drafted at all. I would be stunned if Lucas did.

Scott Wright has LDW ranked #20 among WR and Lucas #43.

Usually 30 WRs are drafted, and both will help themselves in the post season.

If Washington refines his route running and adds 15 pounds he has the potential to be a game-breaking NFL receiver, because he has the size and speed you can't teach.

Josey is just too fast and too skilled to drop too much if the knee checks out.

Saul Good 01-07-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10354253)
Scott Wright has LDW ranked #20 among WR and Lucas #43.

Usually 30 WRs are drafted, and both will help themselves in the post season.

If Washington refines his route running and adds 15 pounds he has the potential to be a game-breaking NFL receiver, because he has the size and speed you can't teach.

Josey is just too fast and too skilled to drop too much if the knee checks out.

Washington's problem is that he's a body catcher, and that's tough to change. Hope I'm wrong. He's one of my favorite Tigers ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-07-2014 09:34 PM

Character wise, you couldn't find three better people than Josey, Ealy, and Washington. They've overcome so much adversity and are great kids.

Pitt Gorilla 01-08-2014 03:40 PM

From PowerMizzou:

Starting with 2003, his (Pinkel) first bowl season, Mizzou is the 15th winningest BCS AQ school (93-49)

From 2006-13, Mizzou moves up to 12th (73-33)

Since 2007, Mizzou is 8th in the country at 65-28 (Oregon, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, VTech, USC and Oklahoma State have won more).

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2014 04:04 PM

Expectations need to be tempered for the next few years. The lean classes of '12, '13, and '14 are really going to bite us in the ass.

duncan_idaho 01-08-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10355854)
Expectations need to be tempered for the next few years. The lean classes of '12, '13, and '14 are really going to bite us in the ass.

8-9 wins is a pretty reasonable expectation next season, I think, based on the returning talent levels.

The 2012 class was ranked 31 by Rivals and has turned out better than expected, already:

DGB
Boehm
Hansbrough
Harold Brantley
Mauk
John Gibson
Golden

All have already made pretty significant contributions as rs. freshmen and sophomores.

Guys like Copelin, Culkin will play bigger roles next year. Also wouldn't be surprised to see one of Jordan Williams, Donavin Newsom, or Evan Winston be an contributor next year.

The 2013 class still looks promising to me. I think there's a good shot we see a star T (Rhodes), star DT (Augusta), star WR (J'Mon Moore), star CB (Penton), star DE (either Harris or Loud), and several solid players out of it. WOuldn't surprise me if Biesel ends up being a star at LB.

(Note: "Star" = above-average starter)

I think the biggest problem is that the 2011 class hasn't contributed a whole lot. It was a small class that already lost its best player (Sheldon Richardson). Ray was a star as a pass-rush sub. Brothers is a solid LB, and it's likely they get pretty nice contributions from Chappell, McNulty and McGovern on the OL and Simon in the secondary.

But that class being thin really hurts the program in 2014 (rs. jr/sr) and 2015 (rs. sr) years.

I think the 14 class is going to end up being pretty valuable. I would feel better about it had they secured Brian Wallace, but I think it's going to be a strong group.

bowener 01-08-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Any hope for some good JuCo transfers coming?

duncan_idaho 01-08-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10355893)
Any hope for some good JuCo transfers coming?

They've only been seriously linked to one, Kenya Dennis, a DB from Mississippi who has already enrolled and will be here this month.

He'll go through spring ball and should have a chance to play right away at either CB or S. He's a bigger guy - 6-0/190 - than they typically have played at CB.

There are some guys who might contribute early:

OL Andy Bauer (could see him crack the two-deep if he is healthy)
WR Nate Brown (big, physical guy with good hands)
CB Logan Cheedle (fits the mold of Penton and Gaines and could play as a true freshman)
CB Ronnie Wingo (see Cheedle)
S Greg Taylor (big-time athlete, big-hitter, good speed)
LB Brandon Lee (good size, good contribute on ST and in reserve role)
WR Lawrence Lee (quick slot guy)
It also wouldn't shock me if one of the RBs, Ish Witter or Trevon Walters, plays right as the 3rd back.

Pitt Gorilla 01-08-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10355905)
They've only been seriously linked to one, Kenya Dennis, a DB from Mississippi who has already enrolled and will be here this month.

He'll go through spring ball and should have a chance to play right away at either CB or S. He's a bigger guy - 6-0/190 - than they typically have played at CB.

There are some guys who might contribute early:

OL Andy Bauer (could see him crack the two-deep if he is healthy)
WR Nate Brown (big, physical guy with good hands)
CB Logan Cheedle (fits the mold of Penton and Gaines and could play as a true freshman)
CB Ronnie Wingo (see Cheedle)
S Greg Taylor (big-time athlete, big-hitter, good speed)
LB Brandon Lee (good size, good contribute on ST and in reserve role)
WR Lawrence Lee (quick slot guy)
It also wouldn't shock me if one of the RBs, Ish Witter or Trevon Walters, plays right as the 3rd back.

You don't think steward would play ahead of the frosh?

duncan_idaho 01-08-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10355927)
You don't think steward would play ahead of the frosh?

He PROBABLY will (I liked what we saw out of him in limited action this year). Especially since he's adept at running between the tackles, and they might lack that without Josey.

But Witter and Walters fit the scheme so well, it wouldn't surprise me to see either grab the spot.

Pepe Silvia 01-08-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Any hope the staff can coach them up?

GloryDayz 01-08-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10355807)
From PowerMizzou:

Starting with 2003, his (Pinkel) first bowl season, Mizzou is the 15th winningest BCS AQ school (93-49)

From 2006-13, Mizzou moves up to 12th (73-33)

Since 2007, Mizzou is 8th in the country at 65-28 (Oregon, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, VTech, USC and Oklahoma State have won more).

How many of those wins are in the national championship games? It's a rhetorical question so don't answer it, but I'm kind of tired of some good stat deflecting that, other than Sporting KC, we can't brag about being the best at anything. Hell, even our "loudest stadium" bragging rights were ripped away!

Not ranting at you, just ranting...

Pitt Gorilla 01-08-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10355961)
How many of those wins are in the national championship games? It's a rhetorical question so don't answer it, but I'm kind of tired of some good stat deflecting that, other than Sporting KC, we can't brag about being the best at anything. Hell, even our "loudest stadium" bragging rights were ripped away!

Free column written just for you.

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1595253

duncan_idaho 01-08-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10355952)
Any hope the staff can coach them up?

I would expect that a few of the under-radar guys develop into much better players than anticipated before all is said and done. This staff has a proven track record in that regard.

It's first consensus All-American was a two-star recruit taken as a backup plan.

duncan_idaho 01-08-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10355961)

Yeah, if you're reduced to bragging about being the the champ of somewhere between the 8-10th best league in the world, it's pretty sad, isn't it?

Pitt Gorilla 01-08-2014 05:17 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdfaCuiCYAARsjG.jpg:large

Saul Good 01-08-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10356045)

Don't think I will be turning that into a t-shirt any time soon.

Mosbonian 01-08-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10356007)

Nice article....and true.

This was a great season...and I enjoyed it all. More than anything watching Henry Josey coming back from an injury that would have ended most careers and having a great year.

GloryDayz 01-08-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Awesome.... Like!!

KcMizzou 01-08-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Yup, totally agree.

Always enjoy the ride. Yes, I'd dearly love to win it all. But for me, it's not all or nothing.

KChiefs1 01-08-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10356045)

That's awesome!:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-10-2014 12:24 AM

Iheanacho committed to aTm and Booth committed to Indiana, a few days after losing Wallace to Arkansas.

What a disappointment this class is shaping up as.

Pepe Silvia 01-10-2014 12:51 AM

They just can't reel them in, it sucks.

Mosbonian 01-10-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10358791)
Iheanacho committed to aTm and Booth committed to Indiana, a few days after losing Wallace to Arkansas.

What a disappointment this class is shaping up as.

Indiana? Someone we wanted committed to Indiana? That's almost as bad as saying they went to KU instead of us. Even the people here in Indiana make jokes about the football team.

warpaint* 01-10-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10356254)
Nice article....and true.

This was a great season...and I enjoyed it all. More than anything watching Henry Josey coming back from an injury that would have ended most careers and having a great year.

Gabe wrote a column speaking to the 1% that aren't thrilled w/ 12-2?

Seems superfluous.

There is only one teacher for that kind of crazy & that's life. Over time life teaches people that don't have perspective & the ones that don't learn certainly aren't going to after reading that.

Saul Good 01-10-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10358899)
Indiana? Someone we wanted committed to Indiana? That's almost as bad as saying they went to KU instead of us. Even the people here in Indiana make jokes about the football team.

According to Gabe, he didn't have a Mizzou offer. He was trying to make it look like he was in demand, but Indiana was his only option.

Stanley Nickels 01-10-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10356212)
Don't think I will be turning that into a t-shirt any time soon.

ROFLROFLROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-10-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10358967)
According to Gabe, he didn't have a Mizzou offer. He was trying to make it look like he was in demand, but Indiana was his only option.

Then Gabe should probably remove the information from his website that lists him under Missouri offers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-10-2014 09:18 AM

There are several things that Pinkel's staff is good at. I think they are near elite status in being able to develop athletes into football players, but their raw recruiting ability has always been suspect at best.

I know Harrison is a baseball guy, and there are some legitimate reasons for passing on some of these guys, but this is ****ing embarrassing:

<table summary=""><thead><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-last"><th class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first yui-dt-asc" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-rank">Rank
</th><th class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-name">Name
</th><th class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-position">Pos
</th><th class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-location">Location
</th><th class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-numstars">Stars
</th><th class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-height">Ht
</th><th class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-weight">Wt
</th><th class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-school">School
</th></tr></thead><tbody style="" class="yui-dt-data" tabindex="0"><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec0" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#1
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Andy Bauer
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">OL
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>DeSmet</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">4 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'6"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">304
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec1" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#2
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Brian Wallace
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">OL
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Christian Brothers College High</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">4 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'6"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">304
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec2" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#3
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Roderick Johnson
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Florissant, MO<cite>Hazelwood Central</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'7"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">310
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">list
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec3" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#4
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Monte Harrison
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">WR
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Lee's Summit, MO<cite>Lee's Summit West</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'3"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">200
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Nebraska
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec4" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#5
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Rafe Peavey
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">QB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Bolivar, MO<cite>Bolivar</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'2"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">205
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec5" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#6
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Markel Smith
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">RB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>St. John Vianney</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">3 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'10"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">210
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Iowa
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec6" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#7
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Raymond Wingo
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>University</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">3 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'0"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">165
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec7" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#8
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Kaleb Prewett
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Blue Springs, MO<cite>Blue Springs</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'2"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">197
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Kansas St.
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec8" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#9
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Dalvin Warmack
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">RB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Blue Springs, MO<cite>Blue Springs</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'8"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">183
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Kansas St.
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec9" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#10
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Freedom Akinmoladun
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">TE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Grandview, MO<cite>Grandview</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'4"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">240
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Nebraska
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec10" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#11
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Logan Cheadle
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Lee's Summit, MO<cite>Lee's Summit West</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'10"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">165
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec11" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#12
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Renell Wren
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Lutheran North</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'5"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">247
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arizona St.
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec12" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#13
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Jonathan Bonner
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Chesterfield, MO<cite>Parkway Central</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'3"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">253
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Notre Dame
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec13" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#14
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Armon Watts
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DT
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Christian Brothers College High</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'5"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">274
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-last yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec14" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#15
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Zach Muniz
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'11"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">160
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Duke
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Saul Good 01-10-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10359037)
Then Gabe should probably remove the information from his website that lists him under Missouri offers.

He can't. Offers are reported by the players, and Rivals goes with it. He had an offer at one time, but we didn't save his spot.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-10-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10359046)
He can't. Offers are reported by the players, and Rivals goes with it. He had an offer at one time, but we didn't save his spot.

Probably a little clearer to say he had an offer that was rescinded, then.

Saul Good 01-10-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10359070)
Probably a little clearer to say he had an offer that was rescinded, then.

Fair enough. Either way...at the time he selected Indiana, it was his only D-1 offer.

duncan_idaho 01-10-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10359040)
There are several things that Pinkel's staff is good at. I think they are near elite status in being able to develop athletes into football players, but their raw recruiting ability has always been suspect at best.

I know Harrison is a baseball guy, and there are some legitimate reasons for passing on some of these guys, but this is ****ing embarrassing:

<table summary=""><thead><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-last"><th class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first yui-dt-asc" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-rank">Rank
</th><th class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-name">Name
</th><th class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-position">Pos
</th><th class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-location">Location
</th><th class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-numstars">Stars
</th><th class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-height">Ht
</th><th class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-weight">Wt
</th><th class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-school">School
</th></tr></thead><tbody style="" class="yui-dt-data" tabindex="0"><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec0" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#1
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Andy Bauer
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>DeSmet</cite>
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec1" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#2
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Brian Wallace
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec2" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#3
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Roderick Johnson
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Florissant, MO<cite>Hazelwood Central</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'7"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">310
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">list
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec3" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#4
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Monte Harrison
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">WR
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">200
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec4" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#5
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Rafe Peavey
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">QB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Bolivar, MO<cite>Bolivar</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">205
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec5" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#6
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Markel Smith
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>St. John Vianney</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">210
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Iowa
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec6" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#7
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Raymond Wingo
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>University</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'0"
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec7" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#8
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Kaleb Prewett
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">197
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec8" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#9
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Dalvin Warmack
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'8"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">183
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec9" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#10
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Freedom Akinmoladun
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">TE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Grandview, MO<cite>Grandview</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'4"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">240
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec10" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#11
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Logan Cheadle
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec11" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#12
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Renell Wren
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Lutheran North</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">247
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arizona St.
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec12" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#13
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Jonathan Bonner
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Chesterfield, MO<cite>Parkway Central</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">253
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Notre Dame
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec13" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#14
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Armon Watts
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DT
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">274
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-last yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec14" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#15
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Zach Muniz
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'11"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">160
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Duke
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Only guys I care about on this list that they didn't get:

Brian Wallace
Roderick Johnson
Monte Harrison
Kaleb Prewett

Obviously, they lost a battle regarding Wallace, and it's a major blow. Worst recruiting loss they've had to Arkansas.

Johnson, not sure they ever had a shot, but that's still a big-time OL in your state you need to land.

Harrison, it sounds like the fact Tim Jamieson is a miserable dickweed is the biggest obstacle here. The thing he likes most about Nebraska? It's baseball program.

Prewett, apparently they want him badly but were unable to gain any real traction with him, late.

Missing on all four of those guys hurts. The rest of the top 15? Meh.

Akinmoludan never got an offer, not sure what the hold up would have been there. Maybe they don't think he fits the offense?

Peavey is the son of two die-hard Arkansas graduates and was never going anywhere else.

Markel Smith would be a Tiger IF: He hadn't looked around. He wanted back in late, but they didn't have a spot for him. I'm pretty confident Walters will be a better college player than Smith.

I am intrigued by the size Watts brings to the table and wonder why there wasn't more interest there (especially since he is bro's with Wallace and played a part in that decision). Depth chart issues? (Mizzou took a ton of DTs in the last class).

They're closing this recruiting class in a boring, non-exiciting, disappointing fashion. Which I guess really should not surprise me. That is this staff's MO.

I think Frank Iheanacho is the guy that got away that hurts the most down the road, other than Wallace. I think FI turns into a big-time weapon at TE.

I don't any of the rest of the misses

duncan_idaho 01-10-2014 09:59 AM

I think Booth would have had an offer if they'd had more room, or if Nate Brown had flipped.

I guess the issue there must be the limit of 85 scholarship players, because - as an early enrollee - there would have been room for Booth. They can count as many as 8 guys towards the previous year's recruiting class.

Saul Good 01-10-2014 10:46 AM

Losing Prewitt sucks. Wallace went to Arkansas because Bielema sold him on getting to the NFL, and we really don't have a good response to that when it comes to offensive linemen.

Britt will get drafted this year, and Boehm will get drafted in a year or two. That will help. We are going to put a ton of players in the league this year, and that's going to give us a lot of credibility down the road.

Mosbonian 01-10-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10358919)
Gabe wrote a column speaking to the 1% that aren't thrilled w/ 12-2?

Seems superfluous.

There is only one teacher for that kind of crazy & that's life. Over time life teaches people that don't have perspective & the ones that don't learn certainly aren't going to after reading that.

I would disagree that it's only 1%....

I thought it was a nice article and one that needed to be written. Hell, on here we have some of the people who are busy saying..."well if"

Would I rather have been in a BCS bowl or THE BCS game....damn straight, who wouldn't. But after all the years of frustration of falling down I enjoyed this year.

Mosbonian 01-10-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10359102)
Only guys I care about on this list that they didn't get:

Brian Wallace
Roderick Johnson
Monte Harrison
Kaleb Prewett

Obviously, they lost a battle regarding Wallace, and it's a major blow. Worst recruiting loss they've had to Arkansas.

Johnson, not sure they ever had a shot, but that's still a big-time OL in your state you need to land.

Harrison, it sounds like the fact Tim Jamieson is a miserable dickweed is the biggest obstacle here. The thing he likes most about Nebraska? It's baseball program.

Prewett, apparently they want him badly but were unable to gain any real traction with him, late.

Missing on all four of those guys hurts. The rest of the top 15? Meh.

Akinmoludan never got an offer, not sure what the hold up would have been there. Maybe they don't think he fits the offense?

Peavey is the son of two die-hard Arkansas graduates and was never going anywhere else.

Markel Smith would be a Tiger IF: He hadn't looked around. He wanted back in late, but they didn't have a spot for him. I'm pretty confident Walters will be a better college player than Smith.

I am intrigued by the size Watts brings to the table and wonder why there wasn't more interest there (especially since he is bro's with Wallace and played a part in that decision). Depth chart issues? (Mizzou took a ton of DTs in the last class).

They're closing this recruiting class in a boring, non-exiciting, disappointing fashion. Which I guess really should not surprise me. That is this staff's MO.

I think Frank Iheanacho is the guy that got away that hurts the most down the road, other than Wallace. I think FI turns into a big-time weapon at TE.

I don't any of the rest of the misses

I guess I am like you to some extent....if they don't want to come to MU sounds fine to me. I guess I am not as hung up on having the border "locked down" as some people are. I want guys who WANT to come here not what I remember one coach calling "scholarship hunters".

I am sure there is someone I am probably missing, but name me a player from another D1 School that hailed from Missouri that we missed getting here that would have made this season or next any better.

warpaint* 01-10-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10359204)
I would disagree that it's only 1%....

I thought it was a nice article and one that needed to be written. Hell, on here we have some of the people who are busy saying..."well if"

Would I rather have been in a BCS bowl or THE BCS game....damn straight, who wouldn't. But after all the years of frustration of falling down I enjoyed this year.

The crazies on the interwebs imply a perception not based in reality. I don't know a single person that cares about Mizzou that isn't thrilled with this season & the job the staff did. Furthermore, most of them would be characterized as anything but Pinkel apologists.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-10-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10359346)
I guess I am like you to some extent....if they don't want to come to MU sounds fine to me. I guess I am not as hung up on having the border "locked down" as some people are. I want guys who WANT to come here not what I remember one coach calling "scholarship hunters".

I am sure there is someone I am probably missing, but name me a player from another D1 School that hailed from Missouri that we missed getting here that would have made this season or next any better.

Durron Neal
Ezekiel Elliot
Ondre Pipkins
Andrew Ness

OmahaChief 01-10-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10359621)
Durron Neal
Ezekiel Elliot
Ondre Pipkins
Andrew Ness

Pipkens was not orginally from Missouri. He is originally from Saginaw then lived in Atlanta, then back to Michigan and on to Missouri for three years. I don't remember Mizzou being after Ness that much and he was from STL anyway and they don't really seem to support Mizzou...Elliot...well eff him.

duncan_idaho 01-10-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10359621)
Durron Neal
Ezekiel Elliot
Ondre Pipkins
Andrew Ness

Pipkins and Elliott are the key ones out of that group.

Durron Neal would not have played this year for Mizzou, and he likely wouldn't start next season. Homeboy made a bad decision. Unless he had switched to CB/S, he's not an impact guy at Mizzou, either.

Ness, I realize is an All-Conference MAC guy, but I don't think a 270-lB center holds up in SEC play. I actually had not heard of him until your post.

I don't think Elliott would have played this year, but I think he'd be a definite part of the 3-back rotation next year and likely fill the Josey role quite adequately.

I know Pipkins grew up a Michigan fan and is from there, but damn, it seems like the kid made a bad choice. Between Michigan falling off a cliff this year and Missouri's DL getting so much press (with ANOTHER first-round pick about to come out)... gotta wonder if there's some regret there.

Pitt Gorilla 01-10-2014 03:24 PM

Wallace and Prewett would have been outstanding, but Wallace is the only "big" miss IMO.

Pepe Silvia 01-10-2014 03:27 PM

Everything is ok, nothing to worry about.

Pitt Gorilla 01-10-2014 04:39 PM

Georgia is after Tavon Ross (2**).

duncan_idaho 01-10-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10359827)
Everything is ok, nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't say that. Wallace, Bauer and Paul Adams would be a KICK ASS line grouping that could really help in the 15 and 16 seasons.

Wallace is a big miss.

Prewett is somebody the staff really wanted, but couldn't flip from an early commit.

I don't think the lack of Booth kills them because of the other guys in this class, but Iheanacho is going to be a star, IMO.

ChiTown 01-10-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10359190)
Losing Prewitt sucks. Wallace went to Arkansas because Bielema sold him on getting to the NFL, and we really don't have a good response to that when it comes to offensive linemen.

Britt will get drafted this year, and Boehm will get drafted in a year or two. That will help. We are going to put a ton of players in the league this year, and that's going to give us a lot of credibility down the road.

You didn't lose Prewett - you never had him. He and his Dad are big K-State fans.

Saul Good 01-10-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10360096)
You didn't lose Prewett - you never had him. He and his Dad are big K-State fans.

Right...just working from the POV that in state recruits are ours to be lost. Obviously that isn't true, but the semantics aren't important enough to this discussion to bother with.

ChiTown 01-10-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10360104)
Right...just working from the POV that in state recruits are ours to be lost. Obviously that isn't true, but the semantics aren't important enough to this discussion to bother with.

Kansas City Area kids are always a toss up.

Pepe Silvia 01-10-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10360053)
I wouldn't say that. Wallace, Bauer and Paul Adams would be a KICK ASS line grouping that could really help in the 15 and 16 seasons.

Wallace is a big miss.

Prewett is somebody the staff really wanted, but couldn't flip from an early commit.

I don't think the lack of Booth kills them because of the other guys in this class, but Iheanacho is going to be a star, IMO.

I'm worried about the WR's, after next year we are thin.

Pitt Gorilla 01-10-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10360138)
I'm worried about the WR's, after next year we are thin.

Unless I'm mistaken, we have like 5 in this class. It's part of th reason boothe didn't have an offer.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-10-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 10359677)
Pipkens was not orginally from Missouri. He is originally from Saginaw then lived in Atlanta, then back to Michigan and on to Missouri for three years. I don't remember Mizzou being after Ness that much and he was from STL anyway and they don't really seem to support Mizzou...Elliot...well eff him.

We need to recruit St. Louis better. It's not an excuse to say "Oh, St. Louis."

Think of some of the kids from St. Louis this program has lost out on over the last several recruiting cycles:

Adrian Clayborn
Marvin McNutt
Monte Ball
Laurence Maroney

And now they've lost out on Wallace and Johnson, who are two of the best tackles the state has produced in the last decade.

And don't even get me started on the recruiting of St. Louis area basketball talent.

It's the only BCS school in the state. Missouri should be in the position of selecting the best in-state talent, not missing out on more than half of it.

Mosbonian 01-10-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10359686)
Pipkins and Elliott are the key ones out of that group.

Durron Neal would not have played this year for Mizzou, and he likely wouldn't start next season. Homeboy made a bad decision. Unless he had switched to CB/S, he's not an impact guy at Mizzou, either.

Ness, I realize is an All-Conference MAC guy, but I don't think a 270-lB center holds up in SEC play. I actually had not heard of him until your post.

I don't think Elliott would have played this year, but I think he'd be a definite part of the 3-back rotation next year and likely fill the Josey role quite adequately.

I know Pipkins grew up a Michigan fan and is from there, but damn, it seems like the kid made a bad choice. Between Michigan falling off a cliff this year and Missouri's DL getting so much press (with ANOTHER first-round pick about to come out)... gotta wonder if there's some regret there.

So, to some extent my point is correct. There isn't anyone we lost out on that would have made a difference either this year or last. And to some extent it won't bother us even next year.

I guess it would be nice to have the in-state kids, but if we want to be an elite program focusing on the in-state kids shouldn't be our goal. We should be robbing the hotbeds like Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

And I go back to the fact that we have done pretty well with the guys that Pinkel and Co manage to coach up.

Mosbonian 01-10-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10360313)

Think of some of the kids from St. Louis this program has lost out on over the last several recruiting cycles:

Adrian Clayborn
Marvin McNutt
Monte Ball
Laurence Maroney

And now they've lost out on Wallace and Johnson, who are two of the best tackles the state has produced in the last decade.

And don't even get me started on the recruiting of St. Louis area basketball talent.

It's the only BCS school in the state. Missouri should be in the position of selecting the best in-state talent, not missing out on more than half of it.

I don't think locking down the state will get us a National Championship....and I am trying to remember a Mizzou player who has been the anchor of a National Championship team.

I say we worry about getting the best from ANY state not just Missouri when it comes to football.

bowener 01-10-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10360313)

Adrian Clayborn
Marvin McNutt
Monte Ball
Laurence Maroney

I know I will sound dumb saying this, but I think part of it is generational. When these kids were growing up, Mizzou wasn't all that good. Yes the last 6 years have been very good for us, but before that not so much. I think recruiting the instate talent is only going to get easier as time goes by.

edit: For example, the Chiefs were pretty damn good when I started paying attention to football (late 90s), but my friends younger brothers who have grown up with the Chiefs the last 6 years or so (these kids are 14-15), could give almost zero shits about them. If you ask them it is because they see them as perennial losers.

Saul Good 01-10-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10360507)
I know I will sound dumb saying this, but I think part of it is generational. When these kids were growing up, Mizzou wasn't all that good. Yes the last 6 years have been very good for us, but before that not so much. I think recruiting the instate talent is only going to get easier as time goes by.

edit: For example, the Chiefs were pretty damn good when I started paying attention to football (late 90s), but my friends younger brothers who have grown up with the Chiefs the last 6 years or so (these kids are 14-15), could give almost zero shits about them. If you ask them it is because they see them as perennial losers.

Absolutely

Kids want to sound cool to their friends. Offers from big names far away are cool to their friends. The hometown team isn't exotic and cool. It's only cool if playing there makes you a legend in your own town, and that's not the case with Mizzou the way it is with Auburn.

Pitt Gorilla 01-10-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10360043)
Georgia is after Tavon Ross (2**).

Georgia has officially offered Tavon Ross. I know he's only a two star, so some folks here don't want him anyway, but he'll be a STUD at safety.

Mizzou_8541 01-11-2014 07:01 AM

DGB supposedly has been rrested on felony drug charges in Springfield. IDk how to link tweets.

Mizzou_8541 01-11-2014 07:08 AM

Here is a link to the story. Not sure how credible. Maybe it's not as bad as it initially sounded:

http://www.rockmnation.com/2014/1/11...ckham-arrested

Saul Good 01-11-2014 07:51 AM

Sounds like nothing, fortunately. Damn...I was sweating there for a minute.

Sure-Oz 01-11-2014 08:47 AM

This is the 2nd arrest ...need to make sure he doesn't have a problem

Eleazar 01-11-2014 09:05 AM

Jeez. Even if he wasn't involved in anything, he needs to pull his head out and quit hanging out with that crowd

Mr_Tomahawk 01-11-2014 09:07 AM

Yikes.

TribalElder 01-11-2014 09:15 AM

Legalize pot already

I don't smoke but seriously, it is safer than alcohol. Missouri is behind the times

Great Expectations 01-11-2014 09:31 AM

Neal would've played for MU some this year and a lot next year. He was stuck behind a couple of NFL guys at ON.

What about Millard? Isn't he from Columbia?

Great Expectations 01-11-2014 09:37 AM

The DGB stuff says felony, but less than 5 grams of pot. Last time it was a misdemeanor for less than 35 grams. Is the intent to sell part the difference?

Eleazar 01-11-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 10360981)
The DGB stuff says felony, but less than 5 grams of pot. Last time it was a misdemeanor for less than 35 grams. Is the intent to sell part the difference?

If he was released, it may be that he wasn't involved in what they thought or that he isn't going to be charged. There's really no way of knowing.

greatgooglymoogly 01-11-2014 09:54 AM

Did DGB think he would be more anonymous in Greene County? It makes no sense, and he now puts his future at MU in jeopardy. Just stupid. :shake:

Eleazar 01-11-2014 10:04 AM

Dave Matter
@Dave_Matter
Sounds like Green-Beckham might have been riding with wrong crowd. Could avoid criminal charges. Stay tuned. Unsure if answer comes today.

Great Expectations 01-11-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10361003)
Dave Matter
@Dave_Matter
Sounds like Green-Beckham might have been riding with wrong crowd. Could avoid criminal charges. Stay tuned. Unsure if answer comes today.

Good friends to take all the blame.

gblowfish 01-11-2014 11:35 AM

He needs an adult mentor....
Like, oh, maybe Dwayne Bowe....

Reaper16 01-11-2014 12:05 PM

We don't even know if it was pot this time. Dave Matter amended his story to remove the reference to 5 grams or less of pot. This is a frustrating development.

swayy07 01-11-2014 12:25 PM

They can throw an intent to distribute charge on there just by having a plastic baggy or the cellophane from cigarette packs in the general vicinity as the weed

Saul Good 01-11-2014 12:38 PM

My best guess from stitching everything together is that someone had some paraphernalia...possibly a scale or something...with residue on it. Doesn't sound like DGB had anything to do with it based on the statement from the PD.