ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you trade Alex Smith for Colin Kaepernick straight up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282948)

brucey_72 04-13-2014 05:17 AM

Also how people keep saying Kaep has a stronger arm than Alex, I watched every single 49ers game last season and he rarely throws it deep and when he does it is inaccurate half the time. He spends most of his time trying to figure out if he should run or pass. He will stand there with a clean 10 yards in front of him and bounce until the gap is closed and normally ends up with a sack or 2 yard gain.

He runs when he has someone open but hesitates to run when no one is open and has a clear a run way. I sit there and spend most of my time screaming at the TV for him to make a decision.

He is also terrible in the red zone. I know the moment he gets inside the 10 yard line it will be a FG.

bevischief 04-13-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10558865)
Oh great Kap ' s butt buddy is bback.This place REALLY needs another buffoon.

:doh!:

Jakemall 04-13-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10558827)
Kaepernick's floor is Alex's ceiling. You would have to be crazy to go with Alex rather than see how Kap develops over this year. He came out raw from a gimmick offense and has only started 32 games.

This statement has already been proven false..so why go into the rest of your post?

Alex performed better in 2012 than Kap did in 2013. Alex performed better in 2013 once he got the playbook down and developed some chemistry with the other players...and arguably did it with less offensive talent than Kap had.

So, Kap's floor is not Alex's ceiling. No questioning Kap is talented..but your statement is unmitigated bullshit.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-13-2014 08:48 AM

Plus tattoo boy is a moron not learning from Sherman owning his ass.

KCSLC2008 04-13-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10558827)
Kaepernick's floor is Alex's ceiling.

The rest of your post was fine. But this is not true. Last year was Kaepernick's floor. Some argue that Smith had a better year (citing 2013 second half performance) and the Niners team overall was better. I won't argue that, but I believe that this next year will be higher than Kaepernick's last year. I'm not just talking about stats. Reid is getting Smith to pass more than he's ever done and he has and will take more deep shots than he did with Harbaugh while maintaining his low interceptions.

Have gotten to know you as a poster a little bit over the last year and I think you're reasonable. I think that statement was little bit exaggerated. I'm not saying Smith > Kaepernick or arguing upside or youth.

KCSLC2008 04-13-2014 10:38 AM

Oops, I didn't see Jakemall's response to your post. I didn't even think about using 2012 against your statement. Note, we're not talking about who's better. Just ceiling and floor.

temper11 04-15-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10557129)
What a weird question to ask. I have never been to either of their houses.

I actually laughed out loud. I didn't just type lol... actually laughed and people said... what?

Sandy Vagina 04-15-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10559083)
This statement has already been proven false..so why go into the rest of your post?

Alex performed better in 2012 than Kap did in 2013. Alex performed better in 2013 once he got the playbook down and developed some chemistry with the other players...and arguably did it with less offensive talent than Kap had.

So, Kap's floor is not Alex's ceiling. No questioning Kap is talented..but your statement is unmitigated bullshit.

THis. I can see where Kaep could potentially be better one day... just due to his physical abilities and arm strength. As of now though, Alex is the superior passer, and handles crucial drives better. Kaep may put it all together, or he may regress even further. I'd not like to take that chance, IF it were about choosing one or the other to lead my team that is ready for playoff contention today.

Eleazar 04-15-2014 09:07 AM

Alex Smith is good enough right now and probably will be for 2-3 more seasons. Krap might be good enough one day, but he isn't at the moment, and he doesn't seem to be the squeaky-clean high character guy that he was originally sold as.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10563463)
Alex Smith is good enough right now and probably will be for 2-3 more seasons. Krap might be good enough one day, but he isn't at the moment, and he doesn't seem to be the squeaky-clean high character guy that he was originally sold as.

There is not a scintilla of evidence that Kap is not the squeaky clean high character guy I think he is.

From Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...lin-kaepernick

"Per the report, it was Ricardo Lockette who called the police after the woman reportedly refused to leave his apartment. The police then called a "crisis intervention team ," which deals with calls "involving people with mental illness including those with co-occurring substance use disorders." It's appearing less and less likely that any of Kaepernick, Lockette or Quinton Patton will be charged with a crime. Apr 14 - 5:15 PM"

So Lockette called the police when the woman refused to leave his apartment, and Kaepernick was already gone by then. The boys called the cops on the crazy chick.

Much ado about nothing. People are so quick to judge.

htismaqe 04-15-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10563458)
THis. I can see where Kaep could potentially be better one day... just due to his physical abilities and arm strength. As of now though, Alex is the superior passer, and handles crucial drives better. Kaep may put it all together, or he may regress even further. I'd not like to take that chance, IF it were about choosing one or the other to lead my team that is ready for playoff contention today.

This team isn't ready for playoff contention. Have to wait until 2015.

temper11 04-15-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10558150)
Kaepernick has already won more playoff games in two years than Alex has in 8.

Ok... but Kaep stepped onto the field surrounded by a superbowl-ready team.

Sandy Vagina 04-15-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10563473)
This team isn't ready for playoff contention. Have to wait until 2015.

You could be right... or you could just be a quitter.. again.

Will be fun to watch this season either way! :)

temper11 04-15-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10558286)
Yeah, after the line gelled and gave him more time in the pocket he looked pretty good.

I wonder how many games it will take for our new line to gel? :(

htismaqe 04-15-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10563479)
You could be right... or you could just be a quitter.. again.

Will be fun to watch this season either way! :)

Of course, those weren't my words.

Those were the words of people defending this offseason's personnel "plan".

Oops.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucey_72 (Post 10558962)

Also how people keep saying Kaep has a stronger arm than Alex, I watched every single 49ers game last season and he rarely throws it deep and when he does it is inaccurate half the time. He spends most of his time trying to figure out if he should run or pass. He will stand there with a clean 10 yards in front of him and bounce until the gap is closed and normally ends up with a sack or 2 yard gain.

He runs when he has someone open but hesitates to run when no one is open and has a clear a run way. I sit there and spend most of my time screaming at the TV for him to make a decision.

He is also terrible in the red zone. I know the moment he gets inside the 10 yard line it will be a FG.

That bullshit about Kap's arm and deep accuracy is about as weak an attempt at spreading bullshit nonsense as I can remember.

Arm strength

When did Alex throw a football 60 mph at the combine? Kaepernick did.

Deep Passing Accuracy

Kaepernick was the 2nd most accurate deep passer in the NFL last year, behind Russell Wilson.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...tjf4zbyjpg.jpg

Deep Passing Frequency

Kaepernick was the 3rd most frequent deep passer in the NFL. Not3 Alex's rank of 31st.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...drbz7dojpg.jpg

Source:

http://regressing.deadspin.com/chart...nfl-1469917039

Alex vs. Kaepernick. Kaepernic, and it isn't even close. Kaepernick's floor is Alex's ceiling.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSLC2008 (Post 10559221)
The rest of your post was fine. But this is not true. Last year was Kaepernick's floor. Some argue that Smith had a better year (citing 2013 second half performance) and the Niners team overall was better. I won't argue that, but I believe that this next year will be higher than Kaepernick's last year. I'm not just talking about stats. Reid is getting Smith to pass more than he's ever done and he has and will take more deep shots than he did with Harbaugh while maintaining his low interceptions.

Have gotten to know you as a poster a little bit over the last year and I think you're reasonable. I think that statement was little bit exaggerated. I'm not saying Smith > Kaepernick or arguing upside or youth.

I am happy to clarify what I mean. And this is just my opinion, so it will take another 2 years to test if I am right or wrong.

When I say Alex's ceiling is Kaepernick's floor, I mean that Alex and Kaepernick have been comparably effective QBs since 2011, with Alex about done developing, while Kaepernick has enormous room to fill out his ultimate potential.

Alex is 98% done developing and what you have with him is what you get. Neither performance nor skill level will leap up substantially from here. QBs develop their entire careers, but he is approaching a limit to his ultimate development.

I believe Colin Kaepernick has elite potential. He struggled and was poor often as a pocket passer last year. I know he came out of Nevada pretty raw and know he was going to take longer to develop than an Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson, who both came from pro-type programs in college. Every QB needs development in the NFL, but Kaepernick needed remedial coaching just to get what Luck and Wilson got in college.

So I am predicting a leap in Kaepernick's performance going forward. Here is where most will laugh me off this forum. Colin is very intelligent, very coachable, is driven, has insane work ethic, and has a QB guru in Jim Harbaugh to groom him, personally if need be.

That tells me that Kaepernick will eventually become an elite pocket passer along the lines of a Drew Brees.

Like I said, nobody on this forum can see that. They all think he is a running QB that will never learn to pass the ball, Another Mike Vick or Kordell Stewart.

I saw Steve Young's development in real time, and I can tell you that he was a bad passer when he came to Tampa Bay, and it was only Bill Walsh's coaching that was able to take his intelligence and drive and work ethic, and make him into an elite pocket passer.

I am convinced Jim Harbaugh will do for Colin Kaepernick what Bill Walsh did for Steve Young. If Kaepernick is still struggling with reads and progressions and still bailing from a clean pocket to run, at the end of 2014, then I'll start to worry.

About my only concern at this time is his ability to see the field. Jim Harbaugh just said that Johnny Manziel sees the field better than any college QB he has ever seen. About my only concern is how well Kaepernick is seeing the field, because he doesn't seem to see the field very well. He certainly fails to read progressions from sideline to sideline. But the jury is out on that. Steve Young said that pretty much every young QB has to learn how to read the field from sideline to sideline. Kaepernick is definitely struggling more than most young QBs with that.

A full year with Crabtree, Boldin and Vernon Davis on the field will prove that one way or another. He will have no more excuses as a developing pocket passer if he is still struggling at the end of 2014 after a full year with those 3.

So my claim that "Kaepernick's floor is Alex's ceiling" stems from my belief is that both QBs are about equally effective today, but Alex is virtually done developing while Kaepernick will develop into an elite pocket passer, with his legs making him an elite dual-threat weapon that can put a team on his shoulders.

Only time will tell how wrong I am. This is why I am on record saying I wouldn't trade Kaepernick for any QB in the NFL except Andrew Luck, and maybe Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is elite and Luck is lock to be. Brady and Manning are old and almost out with Brees right behind them. There isn't a developing QB in the league I would want over Kaepernick except for Andrew Luck. And I've just explained why in this post.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10563458)

Just out of curiosity, are you aware that the Kaepernick lead 49ers hold the NFL record for largest comeback in the history of the NFC NFC championship game?

Alex is the superior passer?

I would post stats but I don't need to. How many yards did Alex amass on passes to Jamaal Charles behind the line of scrimmage? I'm not knocking Andy Reid's strategy to have Alex put the ball in the hands of your top offensive playmaker. That is good strategy.

I'm just trying to remind you that a good chunk of your total passing yards last year came off passes to Charles behind the LOS that any serviceable QB could make. I have never seen Alex complete a pass like this one below, but if I just missed it, feel free to post it. Alex would never even attempt such a throw with a WR covered like that.

Beautiful pocket presence by Kap as well, something he is often unjustly knocked for.

Which is not to say I have never seen Alex make a great pass. The winning TD pass to Vernon Davis against the Saints in the 2011 Divisional game was a great pass by Alex.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IMw1GMS0h8M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

temper11 04-15-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10563527)
Alex is 98% done developing and what you have with him is what you get. Neither performance nor skill level will leap up substantially from here. QBs develop their entire careers, but he is approaching a limit to his ultimate development.

This is what I don't get. Why does everyone think they know when Smith is done developing? Yeah he's been in the league a long time.... but people were saying he was done developing prior to the 2011 season as well. And they were saying it a lot. Then the niners got an actual coaching staff, that had a game plan, and he took a huge step forward. Everyone said that was the "best he could do and no more". Then he was even better in 2012 before his concussion. Again people said... "that's it, that's his ceiling". Then he goes to a 2 win team and his numbers improve again - and that with all the challenges that go into being in a new system with new teammates and new... everything.

Again... this upcoming season will only be the 2nd time in his entire career in which he has the same OC from the previous year. Prior to 2011, he'd only had one season in which he started in more than 10 games. The other years were a mess of QB carousels in which a team can't possibly hope to gain any kind of continuity - or he was out for an entire season with an injury to his throwing shoulder. An injury that was originally completely mis-diagnosed forcing Smith to play through considerable pain for much of the previous season - and is most likely the reason people have the misconception that he has a weak throwing arm.

I have no idea what his ceiling is, I don't think anyone can know. He was so mis-used for so long, he is basically just now getting the opportunity to see what the **** he can do.

Sandy Vagina 04-15-2014 10:12 AM

to Kaepernick

didn't read, lolz... crawl on back to your SF board, Kaeperdicksucka.

http://i.imgur.com/0NF1WaG.gif

( mostly kidding, I don't really care about this particular "debate" )

temper11 04-15-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10563527)
This is why I am on record saying I wouldn't trade Kaepernick for any QB in the NFL except Andrew Luck, and maybe Aaron Rodgers.

Harbernick? Is that you?

htismaqe 04-15-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10563577)

ROFL

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 10:22 AM

I am very long winded. For the TL;DR crowd, I'll summarize why Kaepernic's floor is Alex's ceiling.

Both quarterbacks are mid-tier QBs at this time with about equal effectiveness.

Alex Smith is not going to improve dramatically from this time on. Andy will teach him a few new tricks and he will improve incrementally. He is not going to drastically improve his deep and intermediate passing game, without which he can't rise to the next level. He is about what he is.

Kaepernick has elite potential, and I believe he will reach it.

Jim Harbaugh has the knowledge, approach, and technical coaching ability to install everything into Kaepernick that he needs to become a proficient pocket passer. Kaepernick has the skill set, mind, attitude and work ethic to absorb it all and drill to master it. Match made in heaven.

Only some key weakness in Kaepernick will prevent his dramatic improvement over the next 2 years. I don't see that key weakness. He is called a one-read QB, yet their are times he has successfully gone through his progressions. I see it as a young QB still trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL game. That will come.

Kaepernick has a terrible short passing game and refuses to check down because he is too in love with the big play. That is coachable. It is easier to teach a smart strong-armed QB the short passing game, than it is to make a risk-averse QB willing to attack DBs and to throw deep passes into small windows.

Kaepernick and Smith have been equally effective since Kaepernick beat the Bears in his 1st start on Monday night football. Alex has virtually plateaued. Kaepernick has nowhere to go but up -- way up.

Kaepernick's floor therefore is Alex's ceiling. They are roughly equal now, with differing strengths and weaknesses. Alex will never pass Kaepernick as a better QB.

That is what I mean.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 10563579)
Harbernick? Is that you?

Who do you think? Of course. I told everybody on the 49ers forum I am Kaepernick over here.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10563577)
to Kaepernick

didn't read, lolz... crawl on back to your SF board, Kaeperdicksucka.

http://i.imgur.com/0NF1WaG.gif

I don't know why fans of any of the other 31 teams would care about the 49ers or Kaepernick. It's a Kap thread, so I get to spout off. That is what Chief Planet gets for inviting just any old vermin off the street. :D

temper11 04-15-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10563565)
I would post stats but I don't need to. How many yards did Alex amass on passes to Jamaal Charles behind the line of scrimmage? I'm not knocking Andy Reid's strategy to have Alex put the ball in the hands of your top offensive playmaker. That is good strategy.

I'm just trying to remind you that a good chunk of your total passing yards last year came off passes to Charles behind the LOS that any serviceable QB could make.

They threw a lot of passes behind the Line of Scrimmage because the oline was weak and they were getting Charles out in space. They were using that short pass as basically a running play. I honestly don't think it worked all that well. I thought Charles did better in between the tackles which is why you saw less of that in the second half of the season. What your illustration does do however, is completely negate your previous post in which you show Smith at the bottom for percentage of deep balls thrown. That percentage obviously falls dramatically when you are using short passes behind the LOS as your running game. That's why, as Justin Smith says, "Stats are for pussies".

Quote:

I have never seen Alex complete a pass like this one below, but if I just missed it, feel free to post it. Alex would never even attempt such a throw with a WR covered like that.

I would tend to agree with you here. It's a tie game, you're already in field goal range, it's only 2nd down in the 3rd qtr and that was a really dangerous low percentage throw - that could have just as easily been picked off as it was completed. Smith would have gone to another read, run if there was a lane or throw the ball away. Later in the game another ill-advised throw ended the game with a turn-over, ending a solid drive with plenty of time on the clock and multiple time-outs in their back pocket. What you use as an example of Kap's greatness, I believe is his biggest weakness and vice-versa for Smith. Just because this pass was completed, doesn't make the decision to throw it a good one. I believe Smith COULD have made this throw, but I also agree with you that he would not have taken this unnecessary risk - he would have MANAGED THE GAME.

And I like Kap. I think he'll get the mental aspect down.

Quote:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IMw1GMS0h8M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

temper11 04-15-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10563612)
Who do you think? Of course. I told everybody on the 49ers forum I am Kaepernick over here.

Oh... I missed it.

ThaVirus 04-15-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Are we really using this clip as a means to prop up Kaep's game?

That was a horrendous decision and not even great placement.

silver5liter 04-15-2014 10:44 AM

This pole reminds me how stupid and unrealistic homers are.

temper11 04-15-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

In fact I'll tell you exactly what Smith would have done. Right at the 2 second mark, he'd have dumped it off to Gore in the flat who had a 9 yard cushion. Gore would have picked up 3 to 5 yards and set up a 3rd and short to 3rd and manageable. That was the smart play. Boldin was covered and it wasn't "game on the line" time.

temper11 04-15-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10563654)

This.

jd1020 04-15-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Wish I knew how throwing a touchdown pass was a "horrendous decision."

I guess he should have checked down to Frank Gore.

If Alex makes that play with a Chiefs helmet on, I bet you are sitting here telling us all about how he extended the play with his feet and made a perfect pass to his receiver by throwing it high where only his receiver could make a play on it and eliminating the underneath defender.

KC! We play for field goals! Touchdowns are horrendous!

ThaVirus 04-15-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10563842)

If Alex makes that play with a Chiefs helmet on, I bet you are sitting here telling us all about how he extended the play with his feet and made a perfect pass to his receiver by throwing it high where only his receiver could make a play on it and eliminating the underneath defender.

Not at all.

That was a horrendous decision because it was 2nd and 8, in a tie ball game that was a low-scoring affair, with a quarter and a half left to be played. As someone said earlier, it was hardly "do or die" time.

More than that, the receiver was blanketed basically the entire route by an All-Pro defender.

There are so many reasons why that was a bad decision..

And, as I said, it wasn't even great placement, although it was not bad while on the move and under pressure.

Boldin is what, 6'2" or 6'3"? Earl Thomas is 5'10". If you watch the play, first of all, ET had excellent coverage. He really "won" that battle in the position department. He had a clean chance to swat or pick that off and even got a hand on it, which he shouldn't even have had the chance to do in the first place. When you're throwing to a guy that has a 4 or 5 inch advantage on his defender and the guy covering him gets a hand on it while your guy doesn't even have to jump to catch it, you just didn't throw it high enough.

TL;DR: if we played that back 10 times, ET would probably intercept that pass at least half the time.

temper11 04-15-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10563842)

Well, like I said above, I don't think Alex would have attempted that play, not unless it was a game-on-the-line, do or die situation. He is often criticized for not taking more risks like this one, which obviously, sometimes works out.

But it was just as likely that the defender recovers a half second sooner and picks that ball off (as is what happened on the last play of the game). Which would have taken a sure 3pts off the board and potentially 7pts that more conservative play would have provided. You either like this style of - throw it up and hope for the best - play, or you prefer a more game-management style which Smith has really excelled in over the past 3 years.

warrior 04-15-2014 12:49 PM

Alex and its not even worth discussing

temper11 04-15-2014 06:04 PM

Fun article... I'm sure many won't agree with some of it, but thought this was interesting in relation to this thread:
Third and long is the last split I'm going to check before calling it a dealer's choice (between Kaepernick vs. Smith). If third down is the money down for QBs, thirrd and long is the BIG money down. The stakes don't get higher. Third down with nine-plus yards to go ... You're not going to believe this; they both have 51 attempts in that situation. Unreal.

Smith: 64.7%, 10.41 YPA, 4 TDs, 1 INT

Kap: 58.8%, 6.92 YPA, 1 TD, 1 INT
Read here for full article.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/4...g-quarterbacks

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2014 06:08 PM

Tattoo boy will fail once again

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Says you.

Walther Thurmond begs to differ. I'll take the word of a 3 time NFL All Pro defensive back over yours, thank you. You know -- the guy who tried but could not defense that perfect pass from Kaepernick to Boldin. I would say he had a much better view from which to speak than you do.

Seahawks’ Thomas on Kaepernick: ‘That’s a special player right there’

Thomas termed the Kaepernick-to-Boldin touchdown “… good offense vs. good defense and as a defender, I just think it was better offense.”

"He also throws one of the hardest balls in the league, almost like a baseball player, and it comes out like a fastball. Hot. The play I had against Boldin in the end zone, Kaepernick was jumping up in mid-air as he threw. That was a dime. I was kind of surprised he even threw it. They usually don’t when I’m that close in the area."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/01...r-right-there/

Let me know when you become a 3 time NFL All Pro and I will start to ask your opinion over Earl Thomas's.

ThaVirus 04-15-2014 07:51 PM

:hmmm: Wonder why he said he was surprised Kaep threw it...

Oh, yeah. Probably because he knew it wasn't a great idea.

Sandy Vagina 04-15-2014 07:53 PM

These 49ers fans are annoying asshats... may they all die in a fire as they hang from an aids tree after being soaked in antifreeze.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/co...y-emoticon.gif

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10563874)
Not at all.

That was a horrendous decision because it was 2nd and 8, in a tie ball game that was a low-scoring affair, with a quarter and a half left to be played. As someone said earlier, it was hardly "do or die" time.

More than that, the receiver was blanketed basically the entire route by an All-Pro defender.

There are so many reasons why that was a bad decision..

And, as I said, it wasn't even great placement, although it was not bad while on the move and under pressure.

Boldin is what, 6'2" or 6'3"? Earl Thomas is 5'10". If you watch the play, first of all, ET had excellent coverage. He really "won" that battle in the position department. He had a clean chance to swat or pick that off and even got a hand on it, which he shouldn't even have had the chance to do in the first place. When you're throwing to a guy that has a 4 or 5 inch advantage on his defender and the guy covering him gets a hand on it while your guy doesn't even have to jump to catch it, you just didn't throw it high enough.

TL;DR: if we played that back 10 times, ET would probably intercept that pass at least half the time.

Not great placement on a pass where the QB has left his feet and is fully in the air? Give me a ****ing break. It was a ****ing laser beam in the perfect spot at the perfect height.

Not great placement? See an eye doctor for new corrective lenses.

Anquan Boldin is 6'-1" not 6'-3 -- 3" taller than Thomas.

Thomas has a 32" vertical leap. Boldin had a 33" vertical leap coming out of college 11 years ago. Thomas's leap cancels out Boldin's height advantage. Any higher and that is an incompletion rather than a touchdown.

That was a perfectly thrown pass. Perfection.

ThaVirus 04-15-2014 07:57 PM

... And, yes, I'm sure the guy who was on the field, with his focus on covering his man, from 20 yards away has a "better view" than me.

I'm sitting at my house and watched the shit in real time and slow motion from 6 different angles.

Thomas' comments are nothing more than professional glad-handing. Find me the article where the reporter asked him if they ran that play back 100 times, how many times it would still be a TD.

ThaVirus 04-15-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10565018)
It was... in the perfect spot at the perfect height.

Right.

A perfect pass in perfect placement.. for the defender to touch it first?

:hmmm: Makes a lot of sense considering ET was damn near fully extended (albeit in a falling position) while Boldin didn't even jump.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 08:04 PM

“… good offense vs. good defense and as a defender, I just think it was better offense,” Earl Thomas

Deal with it.

splatbass 04-15-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10565018)
Not great placement on a pass where the QB has left his feet and is fully in the air? Give me a ****ing break. It was a ****ing laser beam in the perfect spot at the perfect height.

JFC, the defender got his hand on it, how can you call it perfect?

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10565029)
Right.

A perfect pass in perfect placement.. for the defender to touch it first?

:hmmm: Makes a lot of sense considering ET was damn near fully extended (albeit in a falling position) while Boldin didn't even jump.

Horseshit. Pure horseshit that Boldin didn't jump.

I am no longer joking about that eye Doctor appointment.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/Sio...01200802-5.jpg

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 08:21 PM

Different angle with Slo motion. Absolutely perfect ****ing touchdown pass. PERFECTION.

If 33-year old Anquan Boldin COULD jump higher, he WOULD jump higher. Kap has what he has out there. Boldin is not a jump ball guy at 33 years old. He doesn't have his 33" vertical anymore.

Perfect.

****ing.

Pass.

ANY higher and it sails over Boldin's hands and you are bashing Kap for "poor accuracy".

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10565045)
JFC, the defender got his hand on it, how can you call it perfect?

Because it went for a TD while any higher and it falls incomplete. Look at the 2nd video I just posted. Kap could not have thrown that pass anywhere but where he threw it. 1/2" lower and it is deflected. 1'2" higher and it goes incomplete off Boldin's fingertips.

brucey_72 said Kaepernick is not an accurate passer. I posted that video showing his accuracy. It is a perfectly accurate pass placed exactly where it needs to be for Boldin to catch the touchdown. Perfectly accurate.

ThaVirus 04-15-2014 08:58 PM

Boldin was really straining his calves with that 6 inch vert there..

BeeHo 04-15-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10565092)
Because it went for a TD while any higher and it falls incomplete. Look at the 2nd video I just posted. Kap could not have thrown that pass anywhere but where he threw it. 1/2" lower and it is deflected. 1'2" higher and it goes incomplete off Boldin's fingertips.

brucey_72 said Kaepernick is not an accurate passer. I posted that video showing his accuracy. It is a perfectly accurate pass placed exactly where it needs to be for Boldin to catch the touchdown. Perfectly accurate.

You're emphasizing ONE play. I can easily do the same and cherry pick by choosing the last play of that game interception/deflection by Sherman.

Like this: If Kap had thrown the ball 1" (probably needed a lot more) higher, Sherman only grazes the football then maybe Crabtree has the touch down. If Kap had thrown the ball half a foot higher/deeper then Crabtree has the football to himself or it/he goes out of bounds. Biggest play of the game where Kap can perform the "The Catch IV" but falls short (pun).

Anyways, in regards to Kap's 2013 overall accuracy (with cherry picking):

58.4% regular season (ranked 31st of 37), 54.9% post season (ranked 12th of 12)

Compare to Russell Wilson:

63.1% (Ranked 12 of 37) regular season, 63.2% (ranked 7 of 12) post season

Sandy Vagina 04-15-2014 09:28 PM

... and keep in mind how many lousy passes were amazingly snagged by a guy like Boldin. The dude's just funky (Kaep), but has been able to get by and make enough flashy improv plays to make some forget that he's still got a long way to go.

He can do some amazing things, no doubt. But as a pure passer? There's a lot missing in his fundamentals and between his ears. Not sure yet if he is lazily getting by on his arm and leg strengths... if he is just young and needs to settle in.. +/or if he will be just another gifted athlete at QB to collapse under the pressure of crunch time.

BeeHo 04-15-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10565279)
... and keep in mind how many lousy passes were amazingly snagged by a guy like Boldin. The dude's just funky (Kaep), but has been able to get by and make enough flashy improv plays to make some forget that he's still got a long way to go.

He can do some amazing things, no doubt. But as a pure passer? There's a lot missing in his fundamentals and between his ears. Not sure yet if he is lazily getting by on his arm and leg strengths... if he is just young and needs to settle in.. +/or if he will be just another gifted athlete at QB to collapse under the pressure of crunch time.

Boldin is a heck of a receiver. even more so after considering his age.

Ragged Robin 04-15-2014 10:03 PM

lol that TD was a fluke. He tried the same pass to the sideline in the 4th quarter and was picked off. He even said so in an interview afterward that he knew the defender was standing in front of the receiver but he thought he could "get it over his head." Three turners in his final three drives. Choke.

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeHo (Post 10565258)
You're emphasizing ONE play. I can easily do the same and cherry pick by choosing the last play of that game interception/deflection by Sherman.

Like this: If Kap had thrown the ball 1" (probably needed a lot more) higher, Sherman only grazes the football then maybe Crabtree has the touch down. If Kap had thrown the ball half a foot higher/deeper then Crabtree has the football to himself or it/he goes out of bounds. Biggest play of the game where Kap can perform the "The Catch IV" but falls short (pun).

Anyways, in regards to Kap's 2013 overall accuracy (with cherry picking):

58.4% regular season (ranked 31st of 37), 54.9% post season (ranked 12th of 12)

Compare to Russell Wilson:

63.1% (Ranked 12 of 37) regular season, 63.2% (ranked 7 of 12) post season

What the hell does completion percentage have to do with accuracy?

That does not account for passes thrown away, passes defensed, or passes dropped. It does not account for high percentage passes vs low percentage passes.

You can't just pull completion percentage out of your ass and say that equals accuracy. It may or it may not.

In 2012 when Alex Smith had a 70% completion percentage, it had nothing to do with accuracy and everything to do with the huge rate of his check downs and passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Get real. Completion percentage does not equal accuracy.

Tom Brady's completion percentage was 60.5% last year. Josh McCown was 66.5%.

You are going to tell me with a straight face that Josh McCown is a more accurate passer than Tom Brady?

Pfffftttttt. :)

Kaepernick 04-15-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10565193)
Boldin was really straining his calves with that 6 inch vert there..

You will make an excuse for anything. Way to admit you were wrong.

Boldin is 33 years old. How high do you think he can jump anyway? :banghead:

temper11 04-15-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10565076)
Horseshit. Pure horseshit that Boldin didn't jump.

I am no longer joking about that eye Doctor appointment.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/Sio...01200802-5.jpg

This is the image you picked to prove that he jumped? He is literally maybe an inch off the ground. I know Boldin is getting older but I think he's capable of jumping higher than that. But whatever, foot higher, foot to the left, whatever. It was a mistake (IMO) given the circumstances of the game, that he got away with.

ThaVirus 04-16-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10565525)
You will make an excuse for anything. Way to admit you were wrong.

Boldin is 33 years old. How high do you think he can jump anyway? :banghead:

This is just a terrible, terrible argument. We're watching the same clip and you're coming away with some fabricated outcome that keeps your boo bear Kaepernick's shit from stinking.

Thank you for letting me know you're a ****ing 12 year old though. ZOMG HE'S 33 HE MIGHT AS WELL BE IN A WHEELCHAIR.

SeeingRed 04-16-2014 06:29 AM

No i definitely would NOT! Alex Smith is a better QB and only improved as the season went on. Smith, Charles, Johnson and Berry are the nucleus of this team at the moment.

FRCDFED 04-16-2014 06:42 AM

I feel some on here are comparing Kaep's stats in the SF offense to Smith's stats in the KC offense last season. Should prob look at how both grew after some time in the "same" offense.

With that being said...Smith had completed a whopping 70% of his passes before going down with an injury in his second year in Harbaugh's system. Can Kaep supporters say the same? No..I didn't think so.

Smith is a much more effective QB that can progress through the reads. I would pick Smith 10x out of 10.

If a KC QB completed 70% of their passes this place would be on fire!!!

htismaqe 04-16-2014 06:49 AM

49er fans arguing about a 49er QB.

On a CHIEFS message board.

ROFL

Jimmya 04-16-2014 07:03 AM

I think if all of the KC brass was so sure about Smith he would have already been signed.

Eleazar 04-16-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10565374)
lol that TD was a fluke. He tried the same pass to the sideline in the 4th quarter and was picked off. He even said so in an interview afterward that he knew the defender was standing in front of the receiver but he thought he could "get it over his head." Three turners in his final three drives. Choke.

That game was a microchasm of why QBs like him don't usually succeed in the NFL. In the postseason and against great teams, you have to be able to pass from the pocket and win games.

A lot of people can pile up stats, but there aren't many who can answer the bell in that situation. CK obviously is not one of them.

BeeHo 04-16-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10565521)
What the hell does completion percentage have to do with accuracy?

That does not account for passes thrown away, passes defensed, or passes dropped. It does not account for high percentage passes vs low percentage passes.

You can't just pull completion percentage out of your ass and say that equals accuracy. It may or it may not.

In 2012 when Alex Smith had a 70% completion percentage, it had nothing to do with accuracy and everything to do with the huge rate of his check downs and passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Get real. Completion percentage does not equal accuracy.

Tom Brady's completion percentage was 60.5% last year. Josh McCown was 66.5%.

You are going to tell me with a straight face that Josh McCown is a more accurate passer than Tom Brady?

Pfffftttttt. :)

Then by all means present the adjusted pass completion percentages overall, 0-9 yards, 10+ yards, 20+ yards, etc. Prove that Kap is an accurate passer. I don't suscribe to PFF to be able to extract the data.

Using a single play with a poor image of anquan boldin's td catch (you're making it look like he can't jump vertically; btw i know a good optometrist).

Btw, patriots ranked 2nd in most dropped passes (41 total) which contributes to Tom Brady's overall accuracy. 49ers were 15th in most dropped passes.

McCown had a strong season for the games he played ; 13 td: 1 int ; 109 rating.

PFF "2013 aDOT-Adjusted Completion Percentage" - Mike Clay:

"We want to adjust each quarterback’s completion percentage based on the distance of his throws. Quarterbacks who usually throw a lot of screens and short passes will be punished. Those who aren’t afraid to chuck it deep will be rewarded." "Remember, it’s just an adjusted version of completion percentage that removes wasted plays and counts drops as completions."
- So Alex Smith should be punished for all the screens/check downs and Kap's comp % should be a lot better compared to other QBs, right?

Actual C%:

Name C% [may have typos; I couldn't rank them, didn't have time; maybe later]

Aaron Rodgers 79.9
Philip Rivers 78.8
Josh McCown 77.8
Peyton Manning 77.6
Drew Brees 76.2
Nick Foles 74.8

Alex Smith 73.7
Russell Wilson 72.3
Tom Brady 71.7
Andrew Luck 71.2

EJ Manuel 68.6
Brandon Weeden 68.5
Joe Flacco 68.3
Colin Kaepernick 68.2
Geno Smith 67.6
Eli Manning 67.6

BeeHo 04-16-2014 07:23 AM

New Article from Mike Clay PFF:

Expected Completion Percentage and Defensive Personnel Faced
Mike Clay | April 15, 2014

"we’ll look at the passers who faced fewer than five defensive backs (99 percent of which is Base) on the highest percentage of their 2013 drop backs. As we learned earlier, it becomes easier for quarterbacks to complete passes as defensive backs are removed from the field. "

"No player had it “easier” than Colin Kaepernick last season. In fact, Kaepernick leads this category for the second consecutive season. San Francisco’s signal caller saw five or more defensive backs just 39.4 percent of the time in 2012, which is just below his 39.6 mark from this past season. No player saw fewer than four defensive backs (five percent) or Base defense (56 percent) more than Kaepernick last season. In fact, it wasn’t even close. He took advantage, putting up a 19:6 TD:INT ratio against four or fewer defensive backs, compared to a 5:5 mark against five or more. Consider this your official Colin Kaepernick red flag."

Pasta Little Brioni 04-16-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10565689)
49er fans arguing about a 49er QB.

On a CHIEFS message board.

ROFL

Well he will be ours in a decade, so early scouting!!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-16-2014 07:28 AM

Is Kaperdick hootie? There could only be one person on the planet dumb enough to argue that this clown is the best in the league.

htismaqe 04-16-2014 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10565716)
That game was a microchasm of why QBs like him don't usually succeed in the NFL. In the postseason and against great teams, you have to be able to pass from the pocket and win games.

A lot of people can pile up stats, but there aren't many who can answer the bell in that situation. CK obviously is not one of them.

Just playing Devil's advocate here but you could replace CK with AS in your statement and it would essentially still be true...

Sandy Vagina 04-16-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10565736)
Just playing Devil's advocate here but you could replace CK with AS in your statement and it would essentially still be true...

how do you figure that? Smith stepped up very well in most clutch situations. Are we blaming him because Bowe didn't bother to get his 2nd foot in? or blaming him against the NYG when both defenses were shutting Eli and Alex down? Smith was running a 1st year new offense after the lockout that year... had receivers named Brett Swain, Kyle Williams, and even Crabtree was dropping passes and saying he needs to play better.

Kaepernick just chokes the crucial games away so far. If not for his physical talent and splash plays from that talent... if not for his good fortune of being on a stacked team... he likely wouldn't be so forgiven for his inability to read defenses and go through progressions.

BeeHo 04-16-2014 07:51 AM

PFF

Sig Stat: Accuracy % Breakdown
Gordon McGuinness | February 12, 2014

Our Accuracy Percentage stat goes beyond your standard quarterback completion percentage, taking into account dropped passes, throw aways, spiked balls, batted passes and passes where the quarterback was hit while attempting to throw.

Acc%: Deep Passing

The Top 10

"Deep Accuracy gives a good indication of which quarterbacks were most accurate challenging defenses downfield and, with a big start in limited action in Houston, Case Keenum tops the list with a Deep Acc% of 53.1%. Rodgers is once again amongst the best here, as the only quarterback other than Keenum to finish above 50%. Super Bowl QBs Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning round out the Top 5 along with the surprise inclusion of Kellen Clemens."

Name Team Deep Acc. %
Case Keenum HST 53.1%
Aaron Rodgers GB 52.8%
Russell Wilson SEA 48.3%
Peyton Manning DEN 48.2%

Kellen Clemens STL 48.0%
Matt Cassel MIN 47.4%
Geno Smith NYJ 46.7%
Alex D. Smith KC 46.3%
Matthew McGloin OAK 45.7%
Mike Glennon TB 45.0%

[i don't know where Kap stands on this stat ; it did not show total attempts, again if i had a PFF subscription i could show]

Acc%: Under Pressure

Top 10

It’s the tale of two injury replacement in the NFC North at the top here, with free agents-to-be McCown and Flynn at the top of the table. They’re joined in the first five by Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning, which hardly comes as a surprise. The Top 5 ends with a Ryan Fitzpatrick sighting and all five were accurate on at least 68.5% of their throws while under pressure.

The Bottom 10

The theme for the Bottom 10 here seems to be inexperience, with most of the players here still fairly young in their careers. Nobody struggled under pressure as much as Buffalo’s backup Thaddeus Lewis, who completed just 40% of his throws when pressure got to him. He’s joined at the bottom by McGloin and Brandon Weeden with both showing why so many doubt their viability as a long-term starters in the league. St. Louis’ Sam Bradford had the fourth-worst mark as we head into yet another offseason where he’s coming off an injury.

Name Team Under Pressure Acc. %
Andy Dalton CIN 56.7%
Jake Locker TEN 56.6%
Andrew Luck IND 56.0%
Geno Smith NYJ 55.5%
Colin Kaepernick SF 55.1%
Matt Schaub HST 55.1%
Sam Bradford STL 53.4%
Brandon Weeden CLV 50.8%
Matthew McGloin OAK 50.0%
Thaddeus Lewis BUF 40.0%

Andrew Luck and Andy Dalton also feature in the Bottom 10, with their up-and-down play leading to six pressured picks apiece. Geno Smith can be spotted once again, with pressure causing him plenty of problems in his rookie year, while veteran Matt Schaub’s inclusion won’t come as a surprise to anyone who saw him during what was as rough a year as he’s had in the league.

htismaqe 04-16-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10565768)
how do you figure that? Smith stepped up very well in most clutch situations. Are we blaming him because Bowe didn't bother to get his 2nd foot in? or blaming him against the NYG when both defenses were shutting Eli and Alex down? Smith was running a 1st year new offense after the lockout that year... had receivers named Brett Swain, Kyle Williams, and even Crabtree was dropping passes and saying he needs to play better.

Kaepernick just chokes the crucial games away so far. If not for his physical talent and splash plays from that talent... if not for his good fortune of being on a stacked team... he likely wouldn't be so forgiven for his inability to read defenses and go through progressions.

Alex doesn't make clutch plays from the pocket. He makes clutch plays from outside the pocket. Read what he posted again.

The excuses for Alex Smith are hilarious, though.

No chance of even being realistic about his ability. It's always somebody else's fault.

Sandy Vagina 04-16-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10565777)
Alex doesn't make clutch plays from the pocket. He makes clutch plays from outside the pocket. Read what he posted again.

The excuses for Alex Smith are hilarious, though.

No chance of even being realistic about his ability. It's always somebody else's fault.

Sadly for him, this has been the case so far.

Excuses.. always an interesting word. Seems to me that when people like a QB and defend him, there are legit reasons for why he struggles. And when you don't like a QB, those same legit reasons magically transform into excuses.

So Bowe can't keep his foot in bounds... and somehow that's an excuse for the QB failing to come through in the clutch. Gotcha. :thumb:

I sure have heard more excuses allowed for other QBs around the league than for their own here. It's as if most here are so terrified to be labeled a blind homer that they push in the extreme opposite direction. Ooookay. Right, wrong, brilliant or ridiculous.. it's all entertaining.

htismaqe 04-16-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10565788)
Sadly for him, this has been the case so far.

Excuses.. always an interesting word. Seems to me that when people like a QB and defend him, there are legit reasons for why he struggles. And when you don't like a QB, those same legit reasons magically transform into excuses.

Except for the fact that I like Alex Smith. In fact, I believe I've said I LOVE Alex Smith as the Chiefs QB. The difference is that I can be honest about him and his shortcomings.

Quote:

So Bowe can't keep his foot in bounds... and somehow that's an excuse for the QB failing to come through in the clutch. Gotcha. :thumb:

I didn't say anything about Bowe and to act like that single play was the deciding factor in the game, given what we ALL SAW in the 3rd quarter, is disingenuous.

However, we all know how you feel about Bowe so certainly any time you can blame him for something, you're going to.

As for that particular play, I know what happened and I've said as much on the record. I've never blamed Alex Smith for it so once again, you're completely off-base.

Quote:

I sure have heard more excuses allowed for other QBs around the league than for their own here. It's as if most here are so terrified to be labeled a blind homer that they push in the extreme opposite direction. Ooookay. Right, wrong, brilliant or ridiculous.. it's all entertaining.

Except I've not made any excuses for any other QBs either. I don't make excuses

Eleazar 04-16-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10565736)

Eh, I don't think it's really a close comparison. Smith played at such a high level in that game that he put his team in a position to win, wire to wire. But he can't win games on his own, obviously no QB can. And if you want to talk about the last drive, if Bowe catches a ball he should catch, then we win. That was the moment comparable to CK I guess, but Smith did his job. He can't throw the ball and catch it too LMAO

Kaepernick had his chance to prove he is good enough as a QB to go win a game himself to send his team to the super bowl, and he got three chances in a row to do it and - whether it is a good representation of who he is or not - he turned the ball over 3 times in a row.

They were two games that asked different things of the QBs involved.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-16-2014 08:14 AM

Would not trade a bag of peanuts to have that douche lead a team.

htismaqe 04-16-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10565804)
Eh, I don't think it's really a close comparison. Smith played at such a high level in that game that he put his team in a position to win, wire to wire. But he can't win games on his own, obviously no QB can. And if you want to talk about the last drive, if Bowe catches a ball he should catch, then we win. That was the moment comparable to CK I guess, but Smith did his job. He can't throw the ball and catch it too LMAO

Kaepernick had his chance to prove he is good enough as a QB to go win a game himself to send his team to the super bowl, and he got three chances in a row to do it and - whether it is a good representation of who he is or not - he turned the ball over 3 times in a row.

They were two games that asked different things of the QBs involved.

Why is everybody so focused on ONE play in ONE game? It's almost as if they know if we open up this discussion and look at ALL of the evidence, they'll see something they don't want to see...

:hmmm:

Sandy Vagina 04-16-2014 08:21 AM

The better question is... why are you hiding from that one play in that one game? You suggested that Smith and Kaep are comparable in that they both fail when it matters in the pocket.. or is that not the case now? Time to backtrack?

Was Alex not in the pocket when he hit VD for the winning TD pass vs the Saints in the playoffs?

I think you just played devil's advocate there to get some attention, frankly. Well... good for you... you got it.

htismaqe 04-16-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10565815)
The better question is... why are you hiding from that one play in that one game? You suggested that Smith and Kaep are comparable in that they both fail when it matters in the pocket.. or is that not the case now? Time to backtrack?

Did Alex Smith not play in 17 games last year?

Quote:

Was Alex not in the pocket when he hit VD for the winning TD pass vs the Saints in the playoffs?

You can cherry pick games, great.

Quote:

I think you just played devil's advocate there to get some attention, frankly. Well... good for you... you got it.

Well, you'd be wrong. Which you've gotten pretty good at being.

htismaqe 04-16-2014 08:27 AM

I think somebody needs to read what Cochise posted again.

It doesn't say anything about "choking" or "failing". In fact, I don't see any absolutes in his post at all.

Sandy Vagina 04-16-2014 08:32 AM

Your vague response was not vague enough... and it was clear for sure when you followed it up with

Quote:

Alex doesn't make clutch plays from the pocket.
What an ignorant thing to say... so either you are a really clueless on your QB or you are looking for attention by blurting out inane comments.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-16-2014 08:38 AM

It's past time for the Niner dudes to go away...it is creepy