ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who Would You Cut? Bray or Daniel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283623)

Perineum Ripper 05-27-2014 09:26 AM

Honestly I'm a Daniel fan have been since he was at Mizzou..I like that he is 2nd string but hate how much his contract is..As of right now I would rather have Daniel as backup..that being said if Bray can come out and beat him to move up then I say cut Daniel and save the money..If Bray can't beat Daniel then cut Bray..I don't think Bray is the best option just because he is cheaper..I would rather have a quarterback who can keep you some what competitive..Daniel did pretty well in the Charger game at the end of the year..I think if the coaches were wanting to keep Bray or get him more experience than they would of played him in the game instead..I don't think Bray is that good..physically he has way more going than Daniel but I don't think he can figure out the system..He has the talent and the ability to grow but if he can't learn the system than he is just taking up a roster spot

Either way the coaches go I trust it's the best option and that's all I care about

jd1020 05-27-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10652990)
I thought Alex was a Mormon.....

Not sure he's ever said that. He went to Utah, not BYU.

ChiliConCarnage 05-27-2014 03:05 PM

I'd be surprised if Bray is on the roster but if it happens I think it'll be more because they think Murray could possibly fill in a game or two if needed.

jjchieffan 05-27-2014 06:34 PM

Neither. Cut Alex Smiff /inmem, wendler, and the other Smith haters

Mr_Tomahawk 05-29-2014 01:21 PM

Terez A. Paylor‏@TerezPaylor·21m
@mr_tomahawk It’s easy to fall in love with Bray’s arm. He has lots of natural talent.

Terez A. Paylor‏@TerezPaylor·22 mins
@mr_tomahawk Chase has had some bad throws but it’s tough to really know how each is doing without all-22 film or a rewind button

Mr_Tomahawk 06-01-2014 07:14 AM

@TylerBrayNews: Tyler Bray: Chiefs unlikely to give up on Tyler Bray http://t.co/9TGZNEGhyn

SAUTO 06-01-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10648120)
Booger?

My god you are scaring the women, fatty!

@mdobratz: Alex Smith from the Chiefs is drinking my beer right now http://t.co/PolUggpYvi

Party cove lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 06-01-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10663398)
@TylerBrayNews: Tyler Bray: Chiefs unlikely to give up on Tyler Bray http://t.co/9TGZNEGhyn

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/c0R_FYcr3WE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefzilla1501 06-01-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10658076)
Terez A. Paylor‏@TerezPaylor·21m
@mr_tomahawk It’s easy to fall in love with Bray’s arm. He has lots of natural talent.

Terez A. Paylor‏@TerezPaylor·22 mins
@mr_tomahawk Chase has had some bad throws but it’s tough to really know how each is doing without all-22 film or a rewind button

Daniel is garbage. He almost won a game against San Diego in Matt Flynn style. I remember when people were oohing and ahhing Flynn's huge game in Green Bay years ago, I watched that game and he was throwing nothing but dump-offs and 1-read passes. That's what Daniel did all game long.

The real reason the Chiefs stayed in the game was because of Knile Davis and the defense. That being said, Murray and Bray are so raw that they can't be NFL ready. I'd keep Daniel but cut him the minute Murray is ready to be a backup, which I don't think will take long.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-01-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10663409)
Daniel is garbage. He almost won a game against San Diego in Matt Flynn style. I remember when people were oohing and ahhing Flynn's huge game in Green Bay years ago, I watched that game and he was throwing nothing but dump-offs and 1-read passes. That's what Daniel did all game long.

The real reason the Chiefs stayed in the game was because of Knile Davis and the defense. That being said, Murray and Bray are so raw that they can't be NFL ready. I'd keep Daniel but cut him the minute Murray is ready to be a backup, which I don't think will take long.

So cut Bray?

chiefzilla1501 06-01-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10663426)
So cut Bray?

Keep 4 QBs until Chase is ready to go. Hopefully Murray impresses soon enough.

BossChief 06-01-2014 08:03 AM

Can't Keep Daniel at his salary if they want to extend guys like Smith and Houston.

With the size of our coaching staff, we should be keeping the younger guys with the most upside.

-King- 06-01-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10663409)

So Daniel played like a good backup QB? What the hell did you expect? Him to go out there and fling the ball like Aaron Rodgers?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 06-01-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10645355)
Tyler Bray
22 Years Old
6'-6"
215 lbs.
$498,333

Chase Daniel
27 Years Old
6'-0"
225 lbs.
$3,400,000

*Niether will win you the Super Bowl this year if Alex goes down.

This is some stupid logic. You don't get a backup QB to win the Superbowl. You get him to at the very least keep you in 1 or 2 games until the starter comes back. Expecting and asking for more is unrealistic. And I have no reason to believe Bray can win or keep us in games so far. Meanwhile, I've actually seen Daniel do it and I'd much rather trust him with that task over Bray.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunerdr 06-01-2014 10:31 AM

When you got Houston and smith looking for contracts sooner rather than later. Boogers gone. Seems the writing is on the wall . I hate to do it but I'm writing us off as not Super Bowl contenders this year lol . So save the money extended our core pieces keep chugging. Smith goes out for a game or two this year well either find out who's got it or draft higher.

Passepartout 06-01-2014 10:37 AM

Maybe Daniel due to his salary. But he is a great backup QB. In hence in the season finale nearly win at SD!

thabear04 06-01-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10663445)
Can't Keep Daniel at his salary if they want to extend guys like Smith and Houston.

With the size of our coaching staff, we should be keeping the younger guys with the most upside.

Cut his pay check down and say they made a mistake on giving him that much money.

OldSchool 06-01-2014 04:38 PM

As of right now, Murray is the worst QB on the team. He'd be more likely to go than either Daniel or Bray.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-02-2014 08:50 AM

So, let's keep Daniel and let Flowers walk w/o compensation?

I'm going to barf.

-King- 06-02-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10665289)
So, let's keep Daniel and let Flowers walk w/o compensation?

I'm going to barf.

How are the two of them comparable?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 06-02-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10664338)
As of right now, Murray is the worst QB on the team. He'd be more likely to go than either Daniel or Bray.

More than likely Murray is better than Bray.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 06-02-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Based on what?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-02-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10665293)
How are the two of them comparable?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well.....

Both have contracts that may not be attractive to prospective buyers? That said, with our secondary being a complete mystery at this point, wouldn't you rather let Alex play his contract out and keep the sure thing in the secondary?

Releasing Flowers does nothing to clear space for the Dept. of Game Mgmt.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-02-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10665296)
More than likely Murray is better than Bray.
Posted via Mobile Device

Based on?

Mr_Tomahawk 06-02-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10665298)
Based on what?

Camp reports.

Eleazar 06-02-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

:rolleyes: Murray has been with the team for how long?

Bray will be the one who's cut. He had a whole season and doesn't grasp the offense. Barring a deal with the devil during training camp this year, he's done.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-02-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10665398)
:rolleyes: Murray has been with the team for how long?

Bray will be the one who's cut. He had a whole season and doesn't grasp the offense. Barring a deal with the devil during training camp this year, he's done.

He's showed improvement in camp thus far. Aren't we looking for improvement?

Jebus, does anyone read the camp reports?

chiefzilla1501 06-02-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10663446)
So Daniel played like a good backup QB? What the hell did you expect? Him to go out there and fling the ball like Aaron Rodgers?
Posted via Mobile Device

If you're paying a guy four mill I would hope you can be better than a faster version of Matt Flynn. I have realistic standards for what a backup should be. Daniel is nowhere near the top but he sure gets paid like it.

CoMoChief 06-02-2014 10:32 AM

My guess is they sneak Bray onto the PS.

Daniel will be cut after the season and Murray and Bray battle for #2.

My guess is they get the Alex Smith deal done.

BigBeauford 06-02-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10665407)

They do, they just don't want to Braylieve.

BlackHelicopters 06-02-2014 10:47 AM

Bray will be the odd man out.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-20-2014 06:33 PM

Fatty fat fat

@Jacobs71: . @ChaseDaniel arriving in Saint Joseph. #ChiefsTrainingCamp http://t.co/dHDoh2SGZm

Baby Lee 07-20-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10756788)
Fatty fat fat

@Jacobs71: . @ChaseDaniel arriving in Saint Joseph. #ChiefsTrainingCamp http://t.co/dHDoh2SGZm

He was hilarious on Leno

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures...JOG-001713.jpg

TEX 07-20-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10665407)

Yes, and they don't mean much, especially when everyone is in shorts. We'll see how he looks in pads against a pass rush...

Mr_Tomahawk 07-20-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10756836)
Yes, and they don't mean much, especially when everyone is in shorts. We'll see how he looks in pads against a pass rush...

If Alex Smith was throwing picks left and right, this place would be flipping a shit...

We wouldn't be saying, "hardy-harr they are in shorts so it doesn't matter..."

Black Robert 07-20-2014 06:55 PM

Bray times 1,000.

Reerun_KC 07-20-2014 09:24 PM

Both times eleventy billion. !

Dave Lane 07-20-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10623766)
Sanders, alone, would make little difference.

If this team were truly about winning this year, they'd have have done more in free agency.

There's no way in hell they go into this season with all the question marks they have and expect they have all the answers on this roster.

They might hope that those answers work out, but that is all it is until and unless they get out on the field and perform consistently.

Hope and no Change?

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-21-2014 08:25 AM

Sweet God; is Daniel gone yet?

ChiTown 07-21-2014 08:37 AM

Is death an option?

Red Guerilla 07-21-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10623666)
This team is not about winning this year, so has no need for a veteran backup.

Dude, you are a ****ing dumbass. Like Sorter, you are very overrated.

This team isn't about winning? Even if they weren't, is that the message they'd send to the players?

This is like the Geno shit part deux.

Ragged Robin 07-21-2014 08:42 AM

Daniel. If Smith goes down then it doesn't really matter but we might as well see what one of the one guys can do for the future.

RealSNR 07-21-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Guerilla (Post 10757438)
Dude, you are a ****ing dumbass. Like Sorter, you are very overrated.

This team isn't about winning? Even if they weren't, is that the message they'd send to the players?

You're a ****ing reerun, Bob. Don't you think if the players really thought to themselves, "The veteran backup was cut? The coaching staff must not care about winning this year!" that they'd be doing the same ****ing thing to the Brandon Flowers release?

The players should rebel! Viva la resistance!

Red Guerilla 07-21-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10757464)
You're a ****ing reerun, Bob. Don't you think if the players really thought to themselves, "The veteran backup was cut? The coaching staff must not care about winning this year!" that they'd be doing the same ****ing thing to the Brandon Flowers release?

The players should rebel! Viva la resistance!

What? I was just saying the organization is about winning. The moves they are making are about winning.

I called the Brandon Flowers release here months ago. I hoped for a trade but knew it would be tough. He didn't fit anymore. The writing was on the wall. All I got was the Welker argument. I did the same thing with Bowe a couple of years ago and got killed for it. He ****ing sucks too. The homerism here is outrageous.

As far as Daniels goes, the coaching staff really wanted him here. They overpaid for the dude. He almost won in San Diego with the back ups last year. Bray is a douchebag and that's why he didn't get drafted. He's a long shot at best. We drafted another QB because Bray's a douchebag. Does Bray even want to play?

Just keeping it real. I guess I'm not really a hypothetical thread kind of guy.

There is no chance Daniel gets cut. This type of thread is still around because of the "Must develop our own QB. It's the only way." brainwashing bullshit. It's just more of the same Mob Mentality 101 class Captain Geno.

keg in kc 07-21-2014 09:24 AM

"Just keeping it real" translation: I don't understand the difference between opinion and fact.

Red Guerilla 07-21-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10757510)
"Just keeping it real" translation: I don't understand the difference between opinion and fact.

I gave my opinion last night. I gave the facts today.

Opinion: Cut Bray

Fact: Daniels won't get cut because the Chiefs are trying to win now.

RealSNR 07-21-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Guerilla (Post 10757517)
I gave my opinion last night. I gave the facts today.

Opinion: Cut Bray

Fact: Daniels won't get cut because the Chiefs are trying to win now.

Aaaaand we go back to what keg was just saying...

Red Guerilla 07-21-2014 09:44 AM

The difference between fact and opinion is that opinion's don't require explanations and facts do. Just like my post above that you quoted.

RealSNR 07-21-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Guerilla (Post 10757553)
The difference between fact and opinion is that opinion's don't require explanations and facts do. Just like my post above that you quoted.

You can't possibly be this stupid LMAO

Red Guerilla 07-21-2014 09:51 AM

Opinion: Bray has no heart. Cut his ass.

Fact: The Chiefs are trying to win now.

Better? LOL

Stupid is this thread. It's just as good as the "who's better: Alex or Geno?" thread.

Bitter much SNR?

RealSNR 07-21-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Guerilla (Post 10757566)

Better? LOL

Stupid is this thread. It's just as good as the "who's better: Alex or Geno?" thread.

Bitter much SNR?

No it's not better, you flaming butt. Try again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-21-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Better? LOL

Bitter much SNR?

How the **** do you surmise that Bray "has no heart"?

gonefishin53 07-21-2014 10:38 AM

Since we haven't seen them on the field for off-season practices, we don't really have any facts to base the current status of the competition on, JMO. A week from now we'll have some practice performances to base the current status of the competition on. Patience please.

keg in kc 07-21-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10757555)
You can't possibly be this stupid

I'm going to go with "opinion" on that one. There's too much evidence to the contrary for it to be a fact.

BWillie 07-21-2014 11:12 AM

I hate Chase Daniel, and all of his Missouriness, but cut Bray. And it's not even close. Daniel showed that he might be a formidable back up. We don't know dick about Bray except that he is immature. We aren't looking for starting QB talent, we are looking at a guy that can not lose games if Smith is out. If you have this pipe dream that Bray will end up being the next Tom Brady, you are going to be very disappointing.

Mav 07-21-2014 11:19 AM

Really? Daniel over Bray? Alrighty then.

Mr. Laz 07-21-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

bullshit

complete and utter bullshit

nothing about this offseason indicates that they are in 'win now' mode

Red Guerrilla 07-21-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10757755)
bullshit

They are trying to win now. Not a Superbowl but, a playoff game for sure. We had enough talent on the roster to let a lot of people walk. We'll be better than people think.

RealSNR 07-21-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Guerrilla (Post 10758165)
They are trying to win now. Not a Superbowl but, a playoff game for sure. We had enough talent on the roster to let a lot of people walk. We'll be better than people think.

And that would be a... fact?

No. No, it would not.

Red Guerrilla 07-21-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10758173)
And that would be a... fact?

No. No, it would not.

It's obvious to anyone who doesn't spend 90% of his time at this place. Go watch the last Chargers game again. We are deep as Kloster's wife.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-21-2014 01:57 PM

We'll be lucky to win 7.

Mr. Laz 07-21-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Guerrilla (Post 10758165)

enough talent to let people walk but not enough talent to win in the playoffs?

You NEVER have enough talent to let people walk without replacing them

our offense sucked in the 1st half of the season
our defense sucked in the 2nd half of the season

Young talent can always surprise you but on paper this offseason looks like a gigantic fail to me

Halfcan 07-21-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10757755)
bullshit

Yep- I would have to agree with this assessment. Looks like a throw away season with hopes of a better cap situation next year along with more draft choices. If Alex has a better year- they will Franchise him so he can groom his own replacement.

New World Order 07-21-2014 05:38 PM

Can a mod fix the embarrassing error in the title?

Buzz 07-21-2014 06:07 PM

I was just watching the Red Zone, seams the knock on Bray is good arm, doesn't know what to do in the pocket?

Buzz 07-21-2014 06:11 PM

Good interview with Hicks after that, didn't know we picked him up as an undrafted free agent.

In58men 07-21-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10623703)
I like Daniels but am also realistic he is just back up quality and is too costly for the organization.

Daniel***

There is absolutely NO "s" in his last name. NOT ONE

New World Order 07-21-2014 06:23 PM

Why doesn't he just change his name to Daniels.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-22-2014 11:08 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...abs-bf5a7e31-1

John Dope 07-22-2014 01:52 PM

I'd cut Bray. He's got a nice arm but that's about it. Daniel is way more valuable on and off the field. Especially in the film room. I'd be surprised if we kept two young QBs over Daniel. It just doesn't work that way very often. He would have to really show a lot on and off the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-22-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10760213)
I'd cut Bray. He's got a nice arm but that's about it. Daniel is way more valuable on and off the field. Especially in the film room. I'd be surprised if we kept two young QBs over Daniel. It just doesn't work that way very often. He would have to really show a lot on and off the field.

BOO!

Hoover 07-22-2014 03:07 PM

Daniel. Its all about Money and I would rather pay Houston and/or Smith

duncan_idaho 07-22-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10759902)

I picture you looking at those poll results with tears streaming down your face.

(Note: I picture you actually being John C. Reilly, which makes the mental image even better)

Iowanian 07-22-2014 03:21 PM

Because I'm not a dumbass, I wouldn't make decisions like this until I'd actually seen the training camp and preseason games shake out.

If Bray or Murray take giant steps forward, it might make more sense to trade Daniel when another team has something bad happen.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-25-2014 09:27 AM

Twidwell]‏@LanceTHESPOKEN·7 mins
I'll say it now, I think Bray gets the ax but it should be Daniel. #Chiefs.

I has sad. :(

kepp 07-25-2014 11:00 AM

Is there a chance they keep all four for this year? I kind of see Murray as Daniel/backup replacement, but he certainly can't do that this year. I also think they really *want* Bray to develop in the the man, but that won't be this year either. All this stuff needs a year to shake out properly.

Urc Burry 07-25-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10766645)

While we probably don't cut Daniel, I would take what that dipshit says with a grain of salt

Tribal Warfare 07-25-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10766645)

Got to see how the preseason unfolds until suggesting this too

beach tribe 07-25-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10623646)
Voted for bray on accident.

Me too. Lol.
Just noticed it.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-27-2014 01:14 PM

@Jacobs71: Two things that people keep getting hung up on 1) Bray isn't going anywhere. It's Murray vs Daniel. Bray has an elite arm.