ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink The Great Whisky (Whiskey) Thread! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286615)

RaiderH8r 04-09-2015 08:09 PM

If you like Yamasaki you might consider giving Hibiki a try. Made by the same distillery. A light and tasty whisky.

johnny961 04-10-2015 09:25 AM

I have always drank Canadian as I like a milder flavor that can be enjoyed. Crown Reserve chilled. Not a real big fan of a real harsh bourboney taste like Jack Daniels or Beam. I have never tried scotch though. Have wanted to just to experiment with something different. So from what I gather in this thread something milder like a glenlivet 12 or something similar might be a good bet? Other suggestions? Don't think I would be into something with a stout burnt peat bite. Just curious.

Amnorix 04-10-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 11428666)
I have always drank Canadian as I like a milder flavor that can be enjoyed. Crown Reserve chilled. Not a real big fan of a real harsh bourboney taste like Jack Daniels or Beam. I have never tried scotch though. Have wanted to just to experiment with something different. So from what I gather in this thread something milder like a glenlivet 12 or something similar might be a good bet? Other suggestions? Don't think I would be into something with a stout burnt peat bite. Just curious.

I like Crown Royal. Usually I take it on ice, while I prefer my scotch neat. :shrug:

If you also like Crown Royal (not sure if Crown Reserved is similar, as I haven't heard of or tried that one) and your taste buds are like mine, then take a look at Glenlivet 12 ("cheaper" option), and Oban 14 and Macallan 12 for more expensive (but not completely absurd) options.

FWIW, the best scotch I have had is the Glenlivet 25. I haven't had any scotch that was older than that. Some friends and I all pitched in to buy a bottle after one of our buddies made it through open heart surgery to repair a valve issue. I've had Macallan 15 and 18, and honestly can't see why it's worth a penny more than the 12 (which is also excellent).

Had several Balvenies, all of which are good. The 12, 17 (weird number, but whatever) (Madeira cask) and the 21 (Portwood). The friend and I who tried them both agreed that the 17 was quite excellent and, oddly enough, that we liked both the 12 and the 17 more than the 21.

So basically 17 > 12 > 21.

You would think that at least within the same family more aged would always equal better, but it isn't necessarily true in my experience. Other times, the difference is so marginal that it isn't worth the typically gigantic leaps in price.

Indian Chief 04-10-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 11428666)

I would ask what tasting notes you like in the Crown? I think that gives a good idea of what you might like. Milder flavor means you avoid the Islays for certain, and I'd take a guess that you'd like Speysides, like Amnorix pointed out. Oban has some punch to it, (not the burning tire covered in bandaids kind) but a strong flavor profile nonetheless, so I wouldn't start there.

gblowfish 04-10-2015 07:12 PM

I drink Crown Royal too. When I was in college, I'd shoot Wild Turkey in the bar until I fell off the barstool. Also drank lots of Jim Beam playing all night poker (and doing other things). Now I just drink Crown Royal now and again. I'm much more into quality than quantity when it comes to all types of alcohol.

Strongside 04-10-2015 07:14 PM

Going to a dinner party at a friends house tomorrow night. Both he and his wife are huge scotch drinkers. He's got over 3 grand in his cabinet, and I'm gonna taste alllllll of it.

Archie F. Swin 04-10-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11429376)
Going to a dinner party at a friends house tomorrow night. Both he and his wife are huge scotch drinkers. He's got over 3 grand in his cabinet, and I'm gonna taste alllllll of it.

order a dram of Laphroaig 10 year, neat, with a splash of water. Let it wash over you.

In58men 04-10-2015 09:50 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/61bipp9FAsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cdcox 04-10-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 11429576)
order a dram of Laphroaig 10 year, neat, with a splash of water. Let it wash over you.

I was sipping one of these tonight and my daughter said it smelled like a sharpie. LMAO

Miles 04-10-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11429814)
I was sipping one of these tonight and my daughter said it smelled like a sharpie. LMAO

I love certain types of scotch but do not disagree with your daughter. It tastes about that way too but have friends that love it so I keep trying it. Did you like it early on or was it more of an acquired taste?

Miles 04-10-2015 10:26 PM

Really enjoy what I have had from Balvenie. The 12yr doublewood is my general stable and several of their more aged offerings have also been really good. However, feel like I'm missing something by not branching out but in that price range I tend to stick with what I know.

cdcox 04-10-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11429946)
I love certain types of scotch but do not disagree with your daughter. It tastes about that way too but have friends that love it so I keep trying it. Did you like it early on or was it more of an acquired taste?

I liked it fine from the beginning, but my palate is wide open. I love complex and unusual flavors.

Indian Chief 04-10-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11430046)
I liked it fine from the beginning, but my palate is wide open. I love complex and unusual flavors.

I was the same way. First pour and I was in love. Same thing with Lagavulin and Bruichladdich.

Great Expectations 04-10-2015 11:11 PM

Copper Run makes a good whiskey. They set up shop in a Walnut Grove, just a little south of Sprinfield. Very smooth with a nutty flavor and hot finish.

penguinz 04-11-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 11429373)
I drink Crown Royal too. When I was in college, I'd shoot Wild Turkey in the bar until I fell off the barstool. Also drank lots of Jim Beam playing all night poker (and doing other things). Now I just drink Crown Royal now and again. I'm much more into quality than quantity when it comes to all types of alcohol.

Crown is not quality.

Archie F. Swin 04-11-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11430046)

I tried The MacAllan...did not love

I tried Glenlivet 12...meh

A friend bought me a glass of Laphroaig 10...by far the most pleasant Scotch experience to date

I want to try Bunnahabhain
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zn5m5jR3yDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

penguinz 05-30-2015 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Getting ready to break into a bottle of Bib & Tucker.

lewdog 05-30-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11526385)
Getting ready to break into a bottle of Bib & Tucker.

Looks fancy. How do you drink something this fancy?

penguinz 05-30-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11526388)
Looks fancy. How do you drink something this fancy?

Out of a Baileys Irish Cream glass because it is the only clean glass I have right now. ;-)

cdcox 06-13-2015 09:36 PM

McClelland's Islay is my latest attempt to find a low priced single malt. There is something nasty going on here. The nose is smokey and sweet. Mouthfeel is thin with a touch of oiliness. So far so good. The taste and finish is where everything goes wrong. Astringent, peaty, chemical, saccharine, licorice, dirty sock water. I'll finish the bottle, but I won't be a repeat customer for this regrettable malt.

Indian Chief 06-16-2015 07:34 AM

Just picked up the Laphroaig 15 200th anniversary edition. Impressions to follow.

Amnorix 06-16-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 11431478)
I tried The MacAllan...did not love

I tried Glenlivet 12...meh

A friend bought me a glass of Laphroaig 10...by far the most pleasant Scotch experience to date

I find that stuff nasty, but to each his own.

You're up there in the smokey section. Maybe try Ardbeg, Talisker, etc. See link to post with scotch flavor map:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=36

phisherman 06-16-2015 10:15 PM

I have really been digging High West's rye blends lately. Sipping on Bourye tonight, a blend of 10 and 16 year old ryes with a bit of 9 year old bourbon. Super smooth.

Indian Chief 06-16-2015 10:44 PM

High West does a great job. Their Campfire is one of those bottles I always have to have in stock.

Indian Chief 06-24-2015 05:35 PM

Going here on Saturday: http://www.theflatironroom.com

Check out the whisky list. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Archie F. Swin 07-19-2015 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
check what the wifey got me for me birthday

Ming the Merciless 11-07-2015 06:25 PM

Had me some of this the other night:
http://www.drinks-of-the-world.de/bi...0106,s-600.jpg

Glenfarclas 12 year old speyside

Was very sweet. Fruity and spicy and concentrated explosion of sherry.

Zero peat.

Right off the bat it was almost too sweet and too fruity, but as the ice melted it and it mellowed out, it was very enjoyable.

Its a mid-grade around maybe 50$ a bottle....I enjoyed it ...I wouldn't rush out to buy another one but it would be a great after dinner drink or paired with a desert or if you like fruity/sherry it could be a daily driver.

My recommend is a glass full of ice and pour it deep and wait a bit for it to get all melty and mellow.

Aries Walker 11-07-2015 06:38 PM

So when I went up to Vermont in June, I happened upon a presentation of a small local distillery whose spokesman had the temperament of a 19th century carnival barker. He was talking up their products and offering samples of their vodka, their 'blue agave' (that is, Tequila, except from Vermont), and their Snowfall brand whiskey. The odd thing about Snowfall was that it was clear, which (as he passed out complimentary shots) he explained as being the result of it not being aged in the barrels as most whiskey is. The aging, he explained to the uninitiated, gave it its color as well as the flavor of the wood. As they did not age Snowfall, it had no color, and relied only on the flavor of the grain, which I have to admit was fairly smooth.

Those of us who were there started looking at each other as we downed the samples. "Isn't there a name for whiskey that hasn't been aged in casks?" we each thought out loud, although we all knew the answer. Whiskey that has not been aged in a cask is, of course, moonshine.

Naturally, I coughed up the 35 bucks and bought a bottle. I took it out to Indiana so my better half and I could try some together. Our joint result was that we could mark off the 'tried moonshine' box in our list of life accomplishments, but neither of us were anxious to thunder out to the local distillery to make a habit of it. So, now I have the remainder back here.

Naturally, I'll be taking it to this year's New Year's Eve party, and make my friends drink it. Perhaps we'll use it as Party Foul Punishment Drink. It's only fair.

KCTitus 11-07-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11868554)
So when I went up to Vermont in June, I happened upon a presentation of a small local distillery whose spokesman had the temperament of a 19th century carnival barker. He was talking up their products and offering samples of their vodka, their 'blue agave' (that is, Tequila, except from Vermont), and their Snowfall brand whiskey. The odd thing about Snowfall was that it was clear, which (as he passed out complimentary shots) he explained as being the result of it not being aged in the barrels as most whiskey is. The aging, he explained to the uninitiated, gave it its color as well as the flavor of the wood. As they did not age Snowfall, it had no color, and relied only on the flavor of the grain, which I have to admit was fairly smooth.

Those of us who were there started looking at each other as we downed the samples. "Isn't there a name for whiskey that hasn't been aged in casks?" we each thought out loud, although we all knew the answer. Whiskey that has not been aged in a cask is, of course, moonshine.

Naturally, I coughed up the 35 bucks and bought a bottle. I took it out to Indiana so my better half and I could try some together. Our joint result was that we could mark off the 'tried moonshine' box in our list of life accomplishments, but neither of us were anxious to thunder out to the local distillery to make a habit of it. So, now I have the remainder back here.

Naturally, I'll be taking it to this year's New Year's Eve party, and make my friends drink it. Perhaps we'll use it as Party Foul Punishment Drink. It's only fair.

It's good to live in the South, where the true moonshine is readily available if you know someone who knows someone...

Some of the best liquor is illegal liquor and a pure 'apple pie' moonshine is better than anything you get in the liquor store.

KCTitus 11-07-2015 08:45 PM

oh...and not to derail the thread...

Anything from Buffalo Trace...Pappy, Eagle, Buffalo Trace...

Indian Chief 11-07-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11868530)
Had me some of this the other night:

http://www.drinks-of-the-world.de/bi...0106,s-600.jpg

Glenfarclas 12 year old speyside

Was very sweet. Fruity and spicy and concentrated explosion of sherry.

Zero peat.

Right off the bat it was almost to sweet and too fruity, but as the ice melted it and it mellowed out, it was very enjoyable.

Its a mid-grade around maybe 50$ a bottle....I enjoyed it ...I wouldn't rush out to buy another one but it would be a great after dinner drink or paired with a desert or if you like fruity/sherry it could be a daily driver.

My recommend is a glass full of ice and pour it deep and wait a bit for it to get all melty and mellow.

That's exactly how I feel about Glenfarclas. It is a great after dinner, cold night, sitting by a fire Scotch. I have a 40 year old farclas that has yet to be opened. I'll be sure to post about that once it is opened.

Ming the Merciless 11-08-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 11564900)

Thats pretty nice

my local haunt is here:

http://jackandtonys.com/

they have a pretty sizeable list too

Dylan 11-08-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 11564900)

Awesome.

The Flatiron District in Manhattan was named after the Flatiron Building (23rd St.)

http://www.metropolitanpropertygroup...s/areas/38.jpg

Archie F. Swin 11-09-2015 07:52 AM

Has anyone had anything from Balcones distillery in Texas?

Pasta Little Brioni 11-09-2015 09:10 AM

You ever get whiskey dick pawn?

rico 11-09-2015 10:37 AM

So a couple weeks ago, I received a groomsman gift from the groom. It was a bottle of Hennessy. I have never had Hennessy before. On the bottle, it says it is cognac. I have heard of cognac several times, but (and I am somewhat embarrassed to admit this) I have no idea what it is. I opened the bottle and smelled it and it smells like whiskey. Is cognac a type of whisky????

lawrenceRaider 11-09-2015 10:44 AM

This stuff is phenomenal.

http://www.nickollsandperks.co.uk/im...15362NVBND.jpg

Got some of this from a guy in Chicago. Really nice.

http://www.whisky.dk/images/Koval_Ry...o_40_alc-p.jpg

Ming the Merciless 11-09-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11871755)
You ever get whiskey dick pawn?

Abaolutely

Theres a fine line between good whisky dick and bad whisky dick IMO

something around 6-7 whiskies is where the line is

good whisky dick you can **** like a beast and not cum and stay hard forever and she will literally have to beat your cock and suck and **** it super hard to get you to blow yyour load

bad whisky dick....you can either never cum or you actually lose your wood

I try to ride the line of real good whisky dick, around 6 whiskies

Ming the Merciless 11-09-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11871892)
So a couple weeks ago, I received a groomsman gift from the groom. It was a bottle of Hennessy. I have never had Hennessy before. On the bottle, it says it is cognac. I have heard of cognac several times, but (and I am somewhat embarrassed to admit this) I have no idea what it is. I opened the bottle and smelled it and it smells like whiskey. Is cognac a type of whisky????

No,

Cognac is a type of brandy (grape based alcohol)

Most every place it is called brandy, except for one particular spot in France , if it is made there...it gets to be called Cognac.

Kinda like how only whisky made a certain way in Scotland gets the title of Scotch.

Cognac / Brandy is really really good...probably deserving of a thread.....

If any one of you assholes ever comes and visits me, I live VERY near one of the premier Brandy makers in the world....and have access to some rela good cheap brandy.

Tombstone RJ 11-09-2015 12:19 PM

got some Elijah Craig 12 year old bourbon, good little whiskey for the price, I recommend it.

Tombstone RJ 11-09-2015 12:26 PM

Also, Tin Cup whiskey made in Colorado is quality stuff...

Indian Chief 11-16-2015 05:22 PM

I've been wanting to try Yellow Spot. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

lawrenceRaider 12-23-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 11889042)
I've been wanting to try Yellow Spot. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

You should do so. Really great stuff.

Also, I know this isn't whiskey, but Monkey 47 Gin is truly fantastic liquor. Sip it straight up.

http://www.lion-spirits.de/media/ima...in_720x600.jpg

Amnorix 12-23-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 11871673)
Has anyone had anything from Balcones distillery in Texas?

No, but hella coincidence here. I'd never heard of Balcones until last week when someone mentioned it at a Christmas party. I'm going to get some very soon and will report back.

Amnorix 12-23-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11871892)

So for what it's worth, I like Hennessy quite a bit also. It's my favorite cognac. I haven't tried that many, and don't know that much about the whole VS, VSOP and that stuff. I'm mostly into scotch and other whiskeys. The only other cognac I know I've tried off the top of my head is Remy Martin, which I did not care for.

As someone else mentioned, cognac is grape-based, thereby eliminating it from being a whiskey. Whiskeys by definition are a grain-based alcohol.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12-23-2015 04:08 PM

I don't know, maybe it's because I really learned about drinking scotch spending a week in Glasgow, Scotland a decade or so ago, but I just can't fathom putting ice or soda in a good scotch.

Maybe watering it down helps a less than top-label scotch or maybe it's the scotch snob in me peeking out.

Blame it on the proprietor at the Ben Nevis Pub.

Amnorix 12-23-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 11972906)
I don't know, maybe it's because I really learned about drinking scotch spending a week in Glasgow, Scotland a decade or so ago, but I just can't fathom putting ice or soda in a good scotch.

Maybe watering it down helps a less than top-label scotch or maybe it's the scotch snob in me peeking out.

Blame it on the proprietor at the Ben Nevis Pub.

Yeah, same. I take mine neat. I use rocks for Crown Royal though. I've had the Hennessey both ways. Don't seem to care much either way on that one. For the good scotches though I think it works fine without anything else mixed into the equation.

Indian Chief 12-23-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 11972832)
You should do so. Really great stuff.

Also, I know this isn't whiskey, but Monkey 47 Gin is truly fantastic liquor. Sip it straight up.

http://www.lion-spirits.de/media/ima...in_720x600.jpg

Gin is my #2 alcohol after whiskey. I'll have to check that out, thanks. My favorite gin at the moment is The Botanist, made by Bruichladdich distillery.

http://www.tanners-wines.co.uk/media.../g/wg108_2.jpg

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12-23-2015 09:32 PM

http://adventuresinpubs.co.uk/wp-con...old-whisky.jpg
Scapa: The Orcadian 16

This is the latest scotch I've been enjoying. Slight smokey flavor, not too peaty, it's actually one of the smoother scotches I've had lately. If you like a more subtle scotch, I can highly recommend this one.

CanadaKC 12-24-2015 01:20 AM

Nikka whisky from a barrel is brilliant but hard to find. The Japanese apparently asked the Scots for peat, barrels, advice...you name it but the product is stellar and can only be found in certain markets

Prison Bitch 12-24-2015 09:26 PM

Makers 46 right now. Better than regular. Best under $50 for sure.

Indian Chief 12-24-2015 10:36 PM

Scapa 16 is a tremendous summer, sitting by the pool Scotch. I love it.

I haven't had Nikka barrel yet, but I do have the Nikka Coffey Grain and it is delightful. It's a grain whiskey though, so not for everyone. Has a distinctive sweetness that malt doesn't possess.

bricks 12-24-2015 11:33 PM

If you guys ever decide to come to Canada, there are 3 very good whiskeys you might wanna try:

-Gibsons finest
-Crown Royal (In honour of your beloved Royals hehe naw just kidding but that's the name of the whiskey)
-Canadian Club

ChiefAshhole1056 12-25-2015 12:43 AM

Just scored some Forester's Birthday Bourbon. Gonna give to dad for xmas.

I've been stuck on Balvenie 14/15 lately anyways.

SAUTO 12-25-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11974787)
If you guys ever decide to come to Canada, there are 3 very good whiskeys you might wanna try:

-Gibsons finest
-Crown Royal (In honour of your beloved Royals hehe naw just kidding but that's the name of the whiskey)
-Canadian Club

do you seriously think you have to go to Canada to get Canadian club or crown ****ing royal?

lewdog 12-25-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11974787)

-Gibsons finest
-Canadian Club

Holy shit dumbass, I can get those here next to the Mexican border.

http://i.imgur.com/ORONFrU.jpg?1

**** THE BLUE JAYS

dlphg9 12-25-2015 09:18 AM

I got a bottle of Eagle Rare. Has anyone had it before?

penguinz 12-25-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 11975056)
I got a bottle of Eagle Rare. Has anyone had it before?

7 or 10 year? It is decent.

bricks 12-25-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11975046)
do you seriously think you have to go to Canada to get Canadian club or crown ****ing royal?

Relax settle down, take a deep breath. Everything is okay. Make sure that pulse of yours don't spike too fast and hard because you'll just wear your heart out.

If you don't know how to breathe for relaxation all you do is say to yourself is one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand as you inhale and then four one thousand, five one thousand, six one thousand as exhale out.

Just saying top 3 whiskeys is Canada. Of course, you don't have to come to Canada to get it, but then there are other options like Canadian Club or Gibsons finest chacha.

dlphg9 12-25-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11975063)
7 or 10 year? It is decent.

10 year

Indian Chief 12-25-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 11975083)
10 year

When I was first getting into bourbons, I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare and really liked it. Now that I've had quite a few more bourbons, I'm not as impressed with ER. There is nothing offensive about it, but it doesn't stand out either. However, it is still a solid whiskey.

OnTheWarpath15 12-25-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 11975111)
When I was first getting into bourbons, I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare and really liked it. Now that I've had quite a few more bourbons, I'm not as impressed with ER. There is nothing offensive about it, but it doesn't stand out either. However, it is still a solid whiskey.

My thoughts exactly.

SAUTO 12-25-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11975068)
Relax settle down, take a deep breath. Everything is okay. Make sure that pulse of yours don't spike too fast and hard because you'll just wear your heart out.

If you don't know how to breathe for relaxation all you do is say to yourself is one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand as you inhale and then four one thousand, five one thousand, six one thousand as exhale out.

Just saying top 3 whiskeys is Canada. Of course, you don't have to come to Canada to get it, but then there are other options like Canadian Club or Gibsons finest chacha.

Im calmly telling you to shut your ****ing suck hole

Mother****erJones 12-25-2015 12:12 PM

Bought myself a bottle of 17 year old Wild Turkey for Christmas. It's excellent.

OnTheWarpath15 12-25-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11975167)

LMAO

bricks 12-25-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Stay miserable. It's good for ya!

bricks 12-25-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Please. Who are you anyway?

You don't have the right to tell me what to do. You think I'm gonna listen to you? Hahahaha

And when I don't shut up what are you gonna do about it internet tough guy?

Boise_Chief 12-25-2015 02:44 PM

I want to rep the person that had the hidden gems gift idea thread and the person that came up with the whiskey aging barrels. Its probably my favorite gift

Easy 6 12-25-2015 03:08 PM

My son has become a whisky buff/snob, so for Christmas I got him something called "whisky stones".

You freeze them then put them in your glass, keeps the drink cold but you're still able to drink it "neat" without watering it down.

Prison Bitch 12-25-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11975265)
My son has become a whisky buff/snob, so for Christmas I got him something called "whisky stones".

You freeze them then put them in your glass, keeps the drink cold but you're still able to drink it "neat" without watering it down.

Cool gift. I see online lots of people prefer it neat. Too strong for me, feels like it's drinking fire. I always let it cut into the ice for 15 min to make it drinkable.

Easy 6 12-25-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11975267)
Cool gift. I see online lots of people prefer it neat. Too strong for me, feels like it's drinking fire. I always let it cut into the ice for 15 min to make it drinkable.

Not a whisky/scotch guy myself, cant stand it... beers and clears only.

TLO 12-25-2015 05:59 PM

Hi. My name is L'll Smokey and I've never really tried out much alcohol before. Would whisky be a good choice for a n00b?

SAUTO 12-25-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 11975253)
I want to rep the person that had the hidden gems gift idea thread and the person that came up with the whiskey aging barrels. Its probably my favorite gift

Lew I think it was

dlphg9 12-25-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li'l Smokey (Post 11975402)
Hi. My name is L'll Smokey and I've never really tried out much alcohol before. Would whisky be a good choice for a n00b?

Everclear is a good starter or Bacardi 151

SAUTO 12-25-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Mad dog 20/20

O.city 12-25-2015 06:29 PM

Got a bottle of macallan 25 in my stocking. Guess I was a good boy

Mother****erJones 12-25-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11871936)
Abaolutely

Theres a fine line between good whisky dick and bad whisky dick IMO

something around 6-7 whiskies is where the line is

good whisky dick you can **** like a beast and not cum and stay hard forever and she will literally have to beat your cock and suck and **** it super hard to get you to blow yyour load

bad whisky dick....you can either never cum or you actually lose your wood

I try to ride the line of real good whisky dick, around 6 whiskies

Lol. I've always had good whiskey dick. Thank god

Mother****erJones 12-25-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Acquired taste. You'll get used to them. Once you do, you'll really enjoy them.

Sensual Lardass 12-25-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11975451)
Got a bottle of macallan 25 in my stocking. Guess I was a good boy

Nice!

dlphg9 12-25-2015 09:26 PM

Just tried my Eagle Rare. Not too bad. I like Angels Envy quite a bit better