ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather who would win? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295963)

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874438)
How? In what universe does Rousey get close enough to Floyd to clench him without getting brained? Floyd doesn't have to worry one iota about defending his chin, and he's wearing 4 ounce gloves. This would be the boxing equivalent of taking batting practice with an aluminum bat.

You can't just walk through a jab.

This universe. You know, the same universe in which Floyd routinely clinches over and over again, several times a round, dozens and dozens of times per fight.

The way you envision him fighting, is something he has never done.... EVER.

What the hell makes you think his bicycle is so incredible that he can pull off what no striker ever pulls off against a determined grappler in the UFC? (barring a 30 second KO, of course) His first couple jabs are not going to knock her out.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874423)
I don't see how thats relevant. She'd probably guard while closing in.

Rhonda's going to stroll up and grab Floyd Mayweather because "she'd probably guard" against the greatest boxer in history.

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11874447)
Doesn't really have to knock her out to begin with. He'd have her face covered in blood in a couple of minutes and that would be the end of it.

He does have to knock her out before they clinch, so he'd probably have to do with within 30 seconds. If they clinch, he's probably done. They don't stop fights for blood.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874432)
Saul do you think Rousey would take down Floyd if she were able to grab him?

Yes

New World Order 11-10-2015 02:42 PM

Now I know this isn't a man and a woman fighting, but this is what I honestly think would happen:

http://i34.tinypic.com/r7umf6.jpg

Once Floyd is on the ground it's over. He wouldn't get a punch in unless he learned takedown defense. What's he going to do, drop to his knees and get a shot in? Even if he gets a shot in he's still going down.

Sensual Lardass 11-10-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874419)
Yes, because they have experience defending a TAKEDOWN. They aren't boxers which is why she doesn't shoot from the locker room.

Jesus Christ, you have to be trolling.

I think that near cooch picture of her in the OP has you overheated. Her skill level, and it doesn't matter what style of fighting it is in, wouldn't be enough to overcome the physical advantages a man of Floyds talent has over her. The only outcome possible in this match is her going to sleep.

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874454)
Rhonda's going to stroll up and grab Floyd Mayweather because "she'd probably guard" against the greatest boxer in history.

Yes.

Floyd does not avoid clinches, he does not quickly knock people out. I don't understand why you can't get this. He RELIES on the clinch, and a jab is not going to be a quick KO.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874462)
Now I know this isn't a man and a woman fighting, but this is what I honestly think would happen:

http://i34.tinypic.com/r7umf6.jpg

Once Floyd is on the ground it's over. He wouldn't get a punch in unless he learned takedown defense. What's he going to do, drop to his knees and get a shot in?

WTF? You're comparing that buffoon's footwork to Floyd Mayweather?

Sensual Lardass 11-10-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874436)
He's not Tyson. Floyd is not known for power, especially late in his career.

Unreal. So, on top of everything else, she also has a chin to rival Haglers?

KCUnited 11-10-2015 02:45 PM

Boxers clinch to slow down an opponent moving forward throwing punches, that won't be Rousey. So why would Floyd clinch with her? He has elite level footwork and striking accuracy. Not MMA elite, universe elite.

New World Order 11-10-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874465)
WTF? You're comparing that buffoon's footwork to Floyd Mayweather?

Neither of them know how to defend a takedown.

What in Floyd's history tells you he can defend a double, single leg or judo hip toss?

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensual Lardass (Post 11874467)
Unreal. So, on top of everything else, she also has a chin to rival Haglers?

Why does she need a legendary chin? Floyd does not hit hard, only accurately, frequently, and with unbelievable striking defense.

He won't avoid a clinch, and he won't have the slightest clue how to avoid being tossed into an armbar.

New World Order 11-10-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874472)
Why does she need a legendary chin? Floyd does not hit hard, only accurately, frequently, and with unbelievable striking defense.

He won't avoid a clinch, and he won't have the slightest clue how to avoid being tossed into an armbar.

Finally some logic. Thank you.

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11874470)
Boxers clinch to slow down an opponent moving forward throwing punches, that won't be Rousey. So why would Floyd clinch with her? He has elite level footwork and striking accuracy. Not MMA elite, universe elite.

Its just a given that strikers can't avoid a clinch. Maybe not generally or among boxing fans, but that has been definitively settled in MMA. So many strikers have tried and failed to win over decades by "just don't let them grab you". Its not a viable plan at all.

Its just not realistically possible unless you knock them out immediately. Strikers must accept that a clinch will happen if their opponent wants it, and work on takedown defense.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11874441)
I don't think you know what judo is.

Oh **** off. I spent years in martial arts, and I know enough to know that the bigger, stronger, faster, better conditioned person is going to win 9 times out of 10 unless they are bad at their craft. You telling me that the magic of "judo" is enough to overcome a world champion legendary boxer is a product of believing the hype of your instructor at the YMCA.

Sensual Lardass 11-10-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

He hits hard enough to knock her ass out. This is the same guy who battered Hatton, Delahoya, Corrales, etc. He ruins her.

New World Order 11-10-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensual Lardass (Post 11874490)
He hits hard enough to knock her ass out. This is the same guy who battered Hatton, Delahoya, Corrales, etc. He ruins her.

A boxer beating another boxer?

Your comparisons are fantastic!

New World Order 11-10-2015 02:52 PM

Now I will admit this: if you took a pro boxer and put him against a ufc striker in a stand up only fight the boxer would win.

But a real fight where takedowns are allowed? The boxer doesn't stand a chance.

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensual Lardass (Post 11874490)

Over how many rounds? He eventually gets an occasional KO, but before the first clinch? I don't think so.

Sensual Lardass 11-10-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874496)
A boxer beating another boxer?

Your comparisons are fantastic!

You really aren't very bright, is ya? Do you think that those comparisons might be a good example of how effective Floyds punches are? Or, in your infinite wisdom, does her judo some how magically negate any and all effects that his punches would have on her? Or, are you saying that the best, most technical puncher in the world won't manage to land anything?ROFL

Sensual Lardass 11-10-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874499)
Over how many rounds? He eventually gets an occasional KO, but before the first clinch? I don't think so.

One shot....that is all he will need.

KCUnited 11-10-2015 02:56 PM

Before the first clinch is pretty much my basis. You can knock Floyd's punching power with boxing gloves against top tier boxers his size that routinely take punches to the face. His jab and footwork keep Rousey away long enough that a clinch never happens.

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensual Lardass (Post 11874505)
One shot....that is all he will need.

lol, bullshit

New World Order 11-10-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensual Lardass (Post 11874504)
You really aren't very bright, is ya? Do you think that those comparisons might be a good example of how effective Floyds punches are? Or, in your infinite wisdom, does her judo some how magically negate any and all effects that his punches would have on her? Or, are you saying that the best, most technical puncher in the world won't manage to land anything?ROFL

Yes, by taking her down BEFORE HE CAN HIT HER for the 100th time.

You make stupid comparisons of boxers fighting other boxers.

Rousey doesn't and probably wouldn't even have to throw a punch to win the fight.

You know why genius? This isn't a boxing fight.

LMAO

New World Order 11-10-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874509)
lol, bullshit

Guy is a tard.

alnorth 11-10-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11874506)
His jab and footwork keep Rousey away long enough that a clinch never happens.

I'm operating under the MMA reality that this is not a thing. Boxers and traditional martial artists seem to think they can avoid a clinch, but they really can't without a quick KO.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

You've clearly never boxed. I did for almost 3 years...terribly. I wasn't good enough to even get an official fight at a running drink event, but I did do a lot of sparring with guys training for fights. The guys I sparred with hit plenty hard to knock out any 135 pound woman on the planet, and their punches are love taps compared to Floyd Mayweather in 4 ounce gloves. I can assure you that Floyd's jab would make her see stars.

The amount of power that a trained boxer generates is incredible. Even someone who "doesn't hit hard" (completely untrue in Floyd's case, BTW) would knock a woman out like it's nothing.

With gloves on, throwing a punch that gets blocked gives you half a second. Throwing one that lands gives you a full second. There's not a chance in hell that Rousey blocks a Mayweather punch, and giving him one second is more than enough for him to tee off.

TimBone 11-10-2015 02:59 PM

Oh, dear lord. Al's argument is "It's not that damned hard to grab someone".....? We're talking about one of the most accurate male boxers in the world, fighting against a women with shitty ****ing striking, who will be coming in looking for a clench. There's absolutely no ****ing way Mayweather doesn't tag her on the way in, and it will be way harder than any strike she's ever felt before, especially if Mayweather is wearing MMA gloves.

I love MMA, but this if ****ing ridiculous. Not to mention, Rouse has built her resume against subpar fighters in a shitty ****ing division. Dana White himself has said multiple times in the past that Women's MMA sucks, and there is zero talent. He changed his tune when he saw the $$$$$ signs of letting Rousey beat up on tomato cans. It would seem as though he's suckered some of you in with it.

Sensual Lardass 11-10-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874510)
Yes, by taking her down BEFORE HE CAN HIT HER for the 100th time.

You make stupid comparisons of boxers fighting other boxers.

Rousey doesn't and probably wouldn't even have to throw a punch to win the fight.

You know why genius? This isn't a boxing fight.

LMAO

No shit, you friggin idiot. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS BOXING, MMA OR LAWN DARTS! Floyds advantages are too much for her to overcome. Why is that such a struggle for you to get, absorb, figure out?

Just Passin' By 11-10-2015 03:01 PM

This thread reminds me a lot of the "Could Serena and Venus beat the top men in tennis?" nonsense that was going on until they got smoked by #203 in the world, Karsten Braasch.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensual Lardass (Post 11874521)
No shit, you friggin idiot. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS BOXING, MMA OR LAWN DARTS! Floyds advantages are too much for her to overcome. Why is that such a struggle for you to get, absorb, figure out?

How much of an advantage is it in having no take down or submission experience?

Please, I am all ears.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874509)
lol, bullshit

One jab is absolutely all he would need. In the split second it took her to recover, he would start unloading on her.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11874516)
Oh, dear lord. Al's argument is "It's not that damned hard to grab someone".....? We're talking about one of the most accurate male boxers in the world, fighting against a women with shitty ****ing striking, who will be coming in looking for a clench. There's absolutely no ****ing way Mayweather doesn't tag her on the way in, and it will be way harder than any strike she's ever felt before, especially if Mayweather is wearing MMA gloves.

I love MMA, but this if ****ing ridiculous. Not to mention, Rouse has built her resume against subpar fighters in a shitty ****ing division. Dana White himself has said multiple times in the past that Women's MMA sucks, and there is zero talent. He changed his tune when he saw the $$$$$ signs of letting Rousey beat up on tomato cans. It would seem as though he's suckered some of you in with it.

I would agree with you if I didn't see her take down male mma fighters. That's why I think Floyd would get dumped on and submitted rather quickly.

KCUnited 11-10-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874513)
I'm operating under the MMA reality that this is not a thing. Boxers and traditional martial artists seem to think they can avoid a clinch, but they really can't without a quick KO.

It would be a quick KO.

KC_Connection 11-10-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11874522)
This thread reminds me a lot of the "Could Serena and Venus beat the top men in tennis?" nonsense that was going on until they got smoked by #203 in the world, Karsten Braasch.

56 year old John McEnroe said he could beat Serena just a few months ago. I have no doubt that he's right about that and that it wouldn't even be close.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11874531)
56 year old John McEnroe said he could beat Serena just a few months ago. I have no doubt that he's right about that and that it wouldn't even be close.

Apples and Oranges

Sensual Lardass 11-10-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874511)
Guy is a tard.

Maybe, but your bitch ass is still wrong.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11874516)

I've seen a ton of fights between elite top-5 contender level strikers vs terrible overmatched grapplers who will never land the takedown they need. In every one of those fights, unless its a 30-second KO, the bad grappler AT LEAST gets a couple clinches each round from his efforts.

Of course, an MMA striker knows how to defend the takedown in a clinch so its no big deal, and he can get back to punching his opponent to death, but if Floyd is completely untrained in grappling, he's going down, and his jab is not going to KO Rousey before they clinch.

It really is not difficult to clinch. It just isn't.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874533)
Apples and Oranges

I would bet on Serena against McEnroe in an MMA fight. But not Rousey vs Mayweather.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874533)
Apples and Oranges

True. Women's tennis has incredible coaches and an extremely deep talent pool while John McEnroe is 30 years past his prime.

Women's MMA is nothing more than a sideshow, and Floyd is in his prime.

Brock 11-10-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874458)
He does have to knock her out before they clinch, so he'd probably have to do with within 30 seconds. If they clinch, he's probably done. They don't stop fights for blood.

They do for massive cuts, the kind of cuts that face of hers would have after a couple of well placed shots. He'd **** her face up in short order dude.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874544)
True. Women's tennis has incredible coaches and an extremely deep talent pool while John McEnroe is 30 years past his prime.

Women's MMA is nothing more than a sideshow, and Floyd is in his prime.

2 tennis players playing tennis.

1 boxer vs 1 MMA fighter.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11874546)
They do for massive cuts, the kind of cuts that face of hers would have after a couple of well placed shots. He'd **** her face up in short order dude.

It would literally have to be within 30 seconds, which won't happen.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874542)
I've seen a ton of fights between elite top-5 contender level strikers vs terrible overmatched grapplers who will never land the takedown they need. In every one of those fights, unless its a 30-second KO, the bad grappler AT LEAST gets a couple clinches from his efforts.

Of course, an MMA striker knows how to defend the takedown in a clinch so its no big deal, and he can get back to punching his opponent to death, but if Floyd is completely untrained in grappling, he's going down, and his jab is not going to KO Rousey before they clinch.

You're giving UFC fighters way too much credit. Matt Mitrione is a friend of mine. He retired from the NFL, tried the corporate world for a while, hated it, and decided to train MMA. In no time, he went on TUF and nearly won. He wound up getting a UFC contact anyway and doing really well.

That guy is a beast, but he's hardly an elite fighter. Mayweather would **** him up, and Matt has 100 pounds on him.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874557)
You're giving UFC fighters way too much credit. Matt Mitrione is a friend of mine. He retired from the NFL, tried the corporate world for a while, hated it, and decided to train MMA. In no time, he went on TUF and nearly won. He wound up getting a UFC contact anyway and doing really well.

That guy is a beast, but he's hardly an elite fighter. Mayweather would **** him up, and Matt has 100 pounds on him.

LMAO

Saul Good 11-10-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874548)

He would literally land every punch he threw, and there wouldn't be a thing she could do to stop him. The fifth punch would land before she even realized she'd been hit the first time.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874563)
He would literally land every punch he threw, and there wouldn't be a thing she could do to stop him. The fifth punch would land before she even realized she'd been hit the first time.

So hes close enough to hit her but she would never lay a hand on him?

Brock 11-10-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Not at all. Real easy for her to move in on someone with relatively equal speed and power and not worry too much about a lucky punch. With this guy? Her face would be used for a speed bag if she got within 2 and a half feet of him.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874557)

Yeah, I can see that. It would literally have to be one of the greatest boxers of all time for me to think that the boxer could beat an average UFC fighter in an MMA fight.

Mayweather would get wrecked by any of the male champions.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874563)

Its not a given that this is enough to knock her out. She's not going to be tentative about it, her advance has to be aggressive. Suppose its just 3 punches, and only 2 land and she's not hurt when they clinch? He's kinda F'd at that point, right?

TimBone 11-10-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874542)
I've seen a ton of fights between elite top-5 contender level strikers vs terrible overmatched grapplers who will never land the takedown they need. In every one of those fights, unless its a 30-second KO, the bad grappler AT LEAST gets a couple clinches each round from his efforts.

I don't need MMA striker vs. MMA grappler match ups explained to me. I've watched a shit ton of MMA for years, likely far more than you.

But we're not talking about an elite male MMA grappler against an elite male MMA striker.

We're talking about Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather. She's going to be much slower, much weaker, and totally unprepared to defend herself from his level of elite striking while she magically reaches for this clinch you're claiming she'll find.

One punch may not knock her out, but it certainly is going to send her reeling.

You want to go on and on about how he's never had to defend a takedown, but want to totally dismiss the fact that the strikers she's faced likely have 5% (and that's likely being generous) of the technical ability and accuracy in striking that a world class boxer like Mayweather has. He's going to hit her on the way in, and she won't be prepared to handle it.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 03:21 PM

For those saying he has no takedown defense, um .. footwork and striking is a very effective takedown defense. Get out of the way and counter while they are leading with their face. And he's pretty good at that shit.

And I don't even give her the benefit of the doubt even if she did manage to take him down.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:22 PM

Impossible to clinch. His hands and footwork are just too good. Nevermind someone actually shooting low for a takedown.

http://media.giphy.com/media/zMEvihWbmIhxu/giphy.gif

TimBone 11-10-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

It would, though. As soon as she approaches him. She is ill prepared to defend from his strikes.

And the fact that you believe Mayweather is the one that needs to train for this fight is laughable and shows your complete bias.

He has to train for her takedowns, but her striking defense is going to be fine against the best boxer in the world? Come the **** on.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11874576)
And I don't even give her the benefit of the doubt even if she did manage to take him down.

Well no, he's screwed if he did go down.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11874584)
He has to train for her takedowns, but her striking defense is going to be fine against the best boxer in the world? Come the **** on.

Her striking defense has to just be "don't get knocked out immediately". Thats not nothing, hey Floyd might do it, but you seem to think its almost guaranteed that he knocks her out.

I don't accept that its guaranteed. What do you think happens if they clinch and she isn't hurt?

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874585)
Well no, he's screwed if he did go down.

Maybe, if she gets a good submission hold. But he's stronger, shirtless and sweaty. Easier said than done.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11874591)
Maybe, if she gets a good submission hold. But he's stronger, shirtless and sweaty. Easier said than done.

Its not easier said than done, it would just be easy. Submissions are very easy against a completely untrained opponent who doesn't know what you are doing.

Amnorix 11-10-2015 03:28 PM

Why in the world does anyone here think Mayweather will GO for a clinch against Rousey the way he does in a boxing match? Do they think he's a complete moron? That he won't have any kind of strategy at all.

TimBone 11-10-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874587)
Her striking defense has to just be "don't get knocked out immediately". Thats not nothing, hey Floyd might do it, but you seem to think its almost guaranteed that he knocks her out.

I don't accept that its guaranteed. What do you think happens if they clinch and she isn't hurt?

Then I think she might have a decent shot of executing her judo throw.

I'm saying she never reaches the clinch, though. It may happen 1 out of 20 times. Maybe.

I guess that's gonna put you and I at a stalemate. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Mr. Laz 11-10-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874380)
Who here thinks that Rousey would even attempt to throw a single punch?

She wouldn't need to throw a punch.

Floyd would probably only get 3 or 4 punches unless he jabs and runs.

It's over in under a minute, either way.

Rousey gets knocked out or Floyd gets submitted.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11874598)
Then I think she might have a decent shot of executing her judo throw.

I'm saying she never reaches the clinch, though. It may happen 1 out of 20 times. Maybe.

I guess that's gonna put you and I at a stalemate. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I can accept that. Its understood that if Floyd doesn't go down, then Rousey would get destroyed, and at least a couple of you guys are willing to concede that Rousey probably wins if she manages to throw him.

The gap is whether the clinch happens at all, and whether or not Floyd is able to knock her out within the first few punches. It could happen, but I don't think the early KO is as clear and automatic as you do.

TimBone 11-10-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874613)
I can accept that. Its understood that if Floyd doesn't go down, then Rousey would get destroyed, and at least a couple of you guys are willing to concede that Rousey probably wins if she manages to throw him.

The gap is whether the clinch happens at all, and whether or not Floyd is able to knock her out within the first few punches. It could happen, but I don't think the early KO is as clear and automatic as you do.

I'm good with that.

Especially seeing as how this could go back and forth forever with zero answer. The fight will just never happen.

Beef Supreme 11-10-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874595)
Its not easier said than done, it would just be easy. Submissions are very easy against a completely untrained opponent who doesn't know what you are doing.

In the dojo, with a willing participant.

It's easier said than done in pretty much any other circumstance. I'm not saying she couldn't pull it off if she managed to get a take down. But a single clinch doesn't come close to guaranteeing a win against Mayweather.

KCUnited 11-10-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11874597)
Why in the world does anyone here think Mayweather will GO for a clinch against Rousey the way he does in a boxing match? Do they think he's a complete moron? That he won't have any kind of strategy at all.

MMA reality unless it ends quickly, which is what everyone is saying will happen.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11874617)
I'm good with that.

Especially seeing as how this could go back and forth forever with zero answer. The fight will just never happen.

I also think Floyd wrecks literally every other woman on the entire UFC roster, no questions asked. Rousey is just a weird case with a move that no one else really executes.

The funny thing is that I'm really kinda done with her now. Her fights are not interesting to me anymore, I'm still getting the PPV this weekend, but thats only because some of the other fights on the main card are good.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874622)
I also think Floyd wrecks literally every other woman on the entire UFC roster, no questions asked. Rousey is just a weird case with a move that no one else really executes.

The funny thing is that I'm really kinda done with her now. Her fights are not interesting to me anymore, I'm still getting the PPV this weekend, but thats only because some of the other fights on the main card are good.

Couldn't agree more.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11874597)

Its generally understood that both fighters have to not want a clinch in order for it to not happen (which we see in striker vs striker matches). If one fighter wants to clinch and the other doesn't, its still going to happen eventually unless there's a fast KO.

TimBone 11-10-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874622)

Yeah, I stopped doing Rousey cards for the exact same reason. It's just not worth it. She comes in, wrecks a girl that usually doesn't belong in there with her to begin with, and usually does it in quick fashion. The novelty wore off pretty quickly for me.

I would pay for the cyborg fight, but admittedly that's just due to the drama angle.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874564)
So hes close enough to hit her but she would never lay a hand on him?

Yes. He can get in and throw multiple shots before she has time to react. That's what happens when historically great male athletes go up against amateur female athletes.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874573)
Its not a given that this is enough to knock her out. She's not going to be tentative about it, her advance has to be aggressive. Suppose its just 3 punches, and only 2 land and she's not hurt when they clinch? He's kinda F'd at that point, right?

Sure. If the 135 pound woman can eat two 'bare knuckle' punches from the greatest boxer the world has ever known and not get hurt, he's in a lot of trouble.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874637)
Sure. If the 135 pound woman can eat two 'bare knuckle' punches from the greatest boxer the world has ever known and not get hurt, he's in a lot of trouble.

And I'll concede that he can quickly knock her out before the clinch (or at least hurt her so bad she's ineffective). We just disagree on the odds, I think its probably like 15%-20% that she never gets the chance to throw him, and you sound like its 99%. (I think I've said before that Mayweather had no chance, but that was hyperbole. On the internet its no fun to hedge)

Saul Good 11-10-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874640)
And I'll concede that he can quickly knock her out before the clinch (or at least hurt her so bad she's ineffective). We just disagree on the odds, I think its probably like 15%-20% that she never gets the chance to throw him, and you sound like its 99%. (I think I've said before that Mayweather had no chance, but that was hyperbole. On the internet its no fun to hedge)

Let me clarify my position. I'm not saying it's 99%. That would be ridiculous. I'm saying its 100%.

DJ's left nut 11-10-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874637)

The 135 lb woman who's so good at Judo that she managed a bronze medal....but only because they awarded 2 bronze medals and only after she got into the bronze medal match via what amounted to a wild-card after losing in the quarterfinals.

Yup. Now she's going to just grab Floyd Mayweather, throw him to the ground and break his arm.

So if she was the 4th best female judoka in the 2008 Olympics, there must be a whole shitload of women out there that could actually kick the shit out of Floyd Mayweather.

Oh wait...hip toss. I forgot that she has a magical mystery move that Floyd Mayweather will just kinda let her do or lacks the capacity to prevent despite being much stronger and much faster than her.

And P.S. **** all you people that have made me say complimentary things about Floyd Mayweather. You suck. Badly.

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:55 PM

Al don't concede anything to Saul. He's blinded by homerism.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874650)
Let me clarify my position. I'm not saying it's 99%. That would be ridiculous. I'm saying its 100%.

100% that a fighter who clinches frequently and usually goes to 12-round decisions is going to quickly KO or hurt her before the first clinch ever has a chance to happen. lol

It is possible that she blocks his jabs on the way in and/or is able to eat one, that would not be an incredible 1 in 1,000 miracle.

alnorth 11-10-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11874655)
Yup. Now she's going to just grab Floyd Mayweather, throw him to the ground and break his arm.

I believe that would be the most likely outcome of that fight, yes.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11874660)
100% that a fighter who clinches frequently and usually goes to 12-round decisions is going to quickly KO or hurt her before the first clinch ever has a chance to happen. lol

It is possible that she blocks his jabs on the way in and/or is able to eat one, that would not be an incredible 1 in 1,000 miracle.

It doesn't matter if she blocks a jab. Even if she does, she's still right back where she started, and she has to do it again. And it's not like blocking a jab with 4 ounce gloves is the same thing as blocking them with boxing gloves. You're still taking a shot to the head.

Saul Good 11-10-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874656)
Al don't concede anything to Saul. He's blinded by homerism.

How am I a homer? I've pulled for Mayweather exactly once in my life, and that was only after the Ricky Hatton fans booed the national anthem. (Ask Ricky if Mayweather punches hard, by the way.)

alnorth 11-10-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11874671)
It doesn't matter if she blocks a jab. Even if she does, she's still right back where she started, and she has to do it again. And it's not like blocking a jab with 4 ounce gloves is the same thing as blocking them with boxing gloves. You're still taking a shot to the head.

She's not going to stop advancing if she blocks a jab. She's not a boxer trying to pace herself for a 12-round fight needing to avoid early damage, its either quick takedown or she gets destroyed, and she knows that. If he KO's her, he KO's her, but if he doesn't, he will fly.