ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I can't be what I'm not. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=49601)

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rjintx

The beer might be in the keg in the yard but things still come to the kitchen. The kitchen is somehow the center of every home. And the girls keep their wine coolers in the fridge.

good point. actually that might be even better.... drunk guys head outside... drunk girls come to you. works for me ;)

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Logical

Excellent, Exellent advice, pay attention Gochiefs.

yeah, he's not bad for a communist, nazi, satanic mod.

Phobia 01-19-2003 01:47 AM

Hanging out in the kitchen is GREAT advice.

I'm gonna take it one step further:

I would surmise that less than 20% of women like beer. Many of them drink it in their youth for lack of a viable alternative. If you learn how to make chick drinks (and even provide ingredients), you'll become well known with the ladies. This is a GREAT way to meet women and become well liked.

I'm going to treat you to my own margarita secret recipe.
3 parts mix (any will do, I don't prefer any one over another)
2 part tequilla (More expensive is better, but again, any will do - my preference is Patron $$$)
1 part orange liqueur (Grand Marnier is my preference, but Contreau or comporable will suffice)
splash (1/2 part) lime juice
2-3 parts of the secret ingredient....

7-up, Sprite, Mountain Dew - any of those will work. If that's not handy, water will work. Essentially, EVERY mix is a tad too strong. Water or 7-up dillutes it just enough....

Pour over crushed ice, shake until frothy, serve.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 01:49 AM

:spock: I'm gonna save this lil recipe... not that I need it or anything ;)

Phobia 01-19-2003 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KcMizzou
:spock: I'm gonna save this lil recipe... not that I need it or anything ;)
Be advised; I rarely measure my ingredients. I approximate. You may need to adjust a little one way or another depending on how strong you like your drinks.

Cosmopolitan is another beverage that will bring the ladies flocking. I heisted this one off the web:

1 1/4 ounces vodka (Citron) (about 2 1/2 tablespoons)
1/4 ounce lime juice (about 3/4 tablespoon)
1/4 ounce triple sec or Cointreau (about 3/4 tablespoon)
1/4 cup cranberry juice
1 cup ice cubes

Garnish: lime twist

In a cocktail shaker combine all ingredients. Shake well and strain into a Martini glass.

Garnish drink with lime.

RJ 01-19-2003 01:56 AM

Phobia, that's funny. I laugh because I've spent many a party mixing drinks. Margueritas are always a winner. Another guaranteed success is any drink with grenadine. Any white liquor combined with a citrus juice or lemon/lime soft drink and a pretty swirl of the red grenadine is a guaranteed winner. And if you can top that off with a slice of fruit, well....

Logical 01-19-2003 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pHoBiA

Pour over crushed ice, shake until frothy, serve.

Heathen, you do not need to dilute it with 7up or other. You do not pour it over crushed ice. You fill a blender with ice pour phobias mixture into it add two teaspoons of confectioners sugar and blend until you have a Margarita Slushee. The blending will melt just enough ice to take care of the dilution and the sugar takes the bite off which is great for the ladies.;)

wazu 01-19-2003 02:00 AM

gochiefs -

Have you considered getting drunk before you go to a party? You'd have to get a cab, but I really think it would help.

Phobia 01-19-2003 02:03 AM

Quote:

Heathen, you do not need to dilute it with 7up or other. You do not pour it over crushed ice. You fill a blender with ice pour phobias mixture into it add two teaspoons of confectioners sugar and blend until you have a Margarita Slushee. The blending will melt just enough ice to take care of the dilution and the sugar takes the bite off which is great for the ladies.;)
Hehe - the idea is taking the bite off. Either method works for that, but mine adds a little bubbly dynamic to the 'rita. I will try the sugar someday. Probably not anytime soon 'cuz the wife has 6 months+ to go....

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:04 AM

and to think.... I always wondered why they didn't like my Mad Dog 20/20 :spock:

Logical 01-19-2003 02:05 AM

Quote:

Hehe - the idea is taking the bite off. Either method works for that, but mine adds a little bubbly dynamic to the 'rita. I will try the sugar someday. Probably not anytime soon 'cuz the wife has 6 months+ to go....

I see your point on the bubbles, why are women so impressed with simple carbonation. I am sure the delay will be well worth it.:thumb:

Phobia 01-19-2003 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Adam KC
gochiefs -

Have you considered getting drunk before you go to a party? You'd have to get a cab, but I really think it would help.

Dude - he's been drunk ONCE. I don't think drunk is the answer to overcoming this situation. At least not the first few times. He doesn't yet know his limitations. Drunk, puking, and passing out is a recipe for digging further into his shell. I would advise against doing that with people who are essentially strangers.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:07 AM

No way in HELL I tell her about this.

I'm serious about the girl thing. If it was all guys, I would have had no problem going. I certainly had no problems going to my first chiefs game at the bar.

2bikemike 01-19-2003 02:08 AM

I agree Phobia. GoChiefs needs to stay sober. One or two drinks to lossen up though might not be bad. But don't get drunk.

RJ 01-19-2003 02:09 AM

Unrelated to gochiefs plight, but a story about chick drinks.

I used to tend bar in Paducah, Ky., in a pretty nice restaurant. On the weekends we'd get lots of customers from the surrounding dry counties. One night an old rancher/farmer guy came in. Had on overalls and boots, brought his family in for dinner. He sat down and ordered a pink squirrel, which is an ultimate chick drink. And he ordered another, and another. And eventually he got all effed up on those pink squirrels. Eventually he came to the bar to let me know he wasn't happy with my efforts.

"You call this a pink squirrel??!!?? This pink squirrel ain't worth a s***. I make better at home!!"

Years later I still get a laugh thinking of this old farmer coming home from a hard day in the fields and slamming down a few pink squirrels.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:09 AM

Man I knew as soon as she said the party was starting around 9:30 or 10 I was fucked. That seemed kinda late to me.

Logical 01-19-2003 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gochiefs
No way in HELL I tell her about this.

I'm serious about the girl thing. If it was all guys, I would have had no problem going. I certainly had no problems going to my first chiefs game at the bar.

Man something about this post begs to have statements about your orientation made. I won't go there but you have some sort of serious issues to be in college and feel that way.:eek:

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:10 AM

Phobia... you think GC is what he says he is? Doesn't some of this kinda make you think he's kinda beggin' for attention? I dunno.. I hope not. He doesn't seem to take any of the advice that's offered.... and he plays the "nerd" thing up WAY too much. I dunno, I have my doubts.

wazu 01-19-2003 02:10 AM

Quote:

Dude - he's been drunk ONCE. I don't think drunk is the answer to overcoming this situation. At least not the first few times. He doesn't yet know his limitations. Drunk, puking, and passing out is a recipe for digging further into his shell. I would advise against doing that with people who are essentially strangers.
Okay maybe not drunk. But I definitely think doing a few shots to get a good buzz going beforehand could be a good thing.

Nothing will help somebody get past social apprehension like a little alcohol. It raises the "who gives a ****" factor a few notches and is probably his best shot at suddenly seeing himself as witty and likeable. (Which is often a self-fulfilling prophecy.)

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:11 AM

I swear to you all I am not just doing this for attention. I need help...bad.

And Logical. I'm not gay. I watch straight pr0n, ok? ROFL

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:11 AM

damn GC, I assumed you were asleep.

Logical 01-19-2003 02:13 AM

Quote:

Phobia... you think GC is what he says he is? Doesn't some of this kinda make you think he's kinda beggin' for attention? I dunno.. I hope not. He doesn't seem to take any of the advice that's offered.... and he plays the "nerd" thing up WAY too much. I dunno, I have my doubts.
I must admit it seems like he is creating a psychosis for all of us to create attention and get responses. You may have something.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:13 AM

No, I am still lamenting not going to that party. I hate myself big time right now.

I wish I could go back in time and drag my ass out of the car, through the parking lot, across the street, and into her apartment. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:13 AM

Quote:

Okay maybe not drunk. But I definitely think doing a few shots to get a good buzz going beforehand could be a good thing.

Nothing will help somebody get past social apprehension like a little alcohol. It raises the "who gives a ****" factor a few notches and is probably his best shot at suddenly seeing himself as witty and likeable. (Which is often a self-fulfilling prophecy.)

I agree. It's one thing to be drunk.... but to take the "edge" off is something all together different.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:14 AM

Quote:

I agree. It's one thing to be drunk.... but to take the "edge" off is something all together different.

How many shots of whiskey would take the edge off? As you know I have some experience in taking shots of whiskey. ROFL

Logical 01-19-2003 02:16 AM

Quote:

I swear to you all I am not just doing this for attention. I need help...bad.

And Logical. I'm not gay. I watch straight pr0n, ok? ROFL

Depends on what you are paying attention to.;)

Seriously though how can you be college age and have this much problem relating to women if you do not have some sort of issue. I did not say the issue was that you wanted to sleep with men, heck you may be asexual for all I know. If you were 11 this might be understandable but as it is it seems you have a case of arrested maturity.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:16 AM

Quote:

How many shots of whiskey would take the edge off? As you know I have some experience in taking shots of whiskey. ROFL

none... if you ARE for real.... I'd say a beer or two.

wazu 01-19-2003 02:16 AM

Quote:

Four should do it.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:17 AM

Quote:

it seems you have a case of arrested maturity.

No shit, really? I had NO IDEA! :rolleyes:

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:17 AM

Quote:

none... if you ARE for real.... I'd say a beer or two.

I AM for real. Why do you doubt me?

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:18 AM

Quote:

Four should do it.

man... four shots of jack would have the poor guy actin' like austin powers.... only not as attractive.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:20 AM

Quote:

man... four shots of jack would have the poor guy actin' like austin powers.... only not as attractive.

It took 10 shots last time...and I remembered every minute of it.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:21 AM

Guys I'm going to bed unless anyone wants to ask me anything...

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:21 AM

Quote:

I AM for real. Why do you doubt me?

Well... I've just never met anybody that had this problem. Actually.. that's not true.... EVERYONE has this problem, but I've never seen it this bad.

It's really not a big deal man... just go have fun. I don't know why that's so hard. (?)

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:22 AM

Quote:

I don't know why that's so hard. (?)

Neither do I....that's the problem.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:23 AM

Quote:

g'night man... keep hangin' in there

Chiefs Pantalones 01-19-2003 02:23 AM

Just do it.

MeatPeeker 01-19-2003 02:23 AM

K...I'm going to attempt to sleep this off.

GO TITANS!

Logical 01-19-2003 02:25 AM

Quote:

OK I will ask you something. Are you really as pathetic as you are pretending to be?

If not what is the point of this, research for some article?

wazu 01-19-2003 02:26 AM

gochiefs -

My best friend has a similar problem to you. (Although a much more watered down version.)

He's 28 and a few months ago had his first real girlfriend. He's got no excuses either. There's nothing that wrong with him, but for some reason he just views himself as a goof and has a completely unreasonable fear of rejection when it comes to females.

I can remember in high school practically kicking his ass and ordering him to ask out the girl he took to the prom.

Anyway, I don't guess this has much relevance. I think the biggest thing is that people like my friend and you have no idea how much you sell yourselves short.

Trust me, somewhere out there is a guy twice as nerdy as you that is making friends, and going on dates.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:26 AM

ah hell.... if ya ever wanna talk... look me up on yahoo... "brandon2674"... you'll be alright dude.... you wanna have fun... that's a start ;)

wazu 01-19-2003 02:26 AM

Quote:

According to a previous thread, he claims to be a pretty big guy. I'm factoring in body weight.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-19-2003 02:29 AM

GC,

It's not hard. Get out of the freakin' car...and walk (this involves moving one leg infront of the other, and so on...) to the freakin' door and freakin' walk in.

Just...do...it.

Don't be afraid of anything. Don't think. Don't worry. Do it, and who cares what happens after that. Big risks=big rewards.

Good luck to ya, next time.:toast:

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:30 AM

Quote:

OK I will ask you something. Are you really as pathetic as you are pretending to be?

If not what is the point of this, research for some article?

exactly... how do you balance the two? On one hand... I think the guy is a fuckin' farce... who's havin' alot of fun with this.... but on the other.... maybe he's legit (?) and I don't wanna be a insensitive bastard.

You're logical heheh.... you tell me.

Logical 01-19-2003 02:30 AM

Quote:

According to a previous thread, he claims to be a pretty big guy. I'm factoring in body weight.

Even if that is the case and if it is like I said long ago I do have sympathy for him. He should go to a party like this and hang with the guys he knows and if a woman talks to him just talk back. Do not imagine she is hitting on him and throw fear into, women are humans as well and could just want to be a friend. It does happen.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:32 AM

Quote:

gotcha... he's portly... but not the "fat bastard" version of mike myers.... plus he's a light weight

Logical 01-19-2003 02:33 AM

Quote:

exactly... how do you balance the two? On one hand... I think the guy is a fuckin' farce... who's havin' alot of fun with this.... but on the other.... maybe he's legit (?) and I don't wanna be a insensitive bastard.

You're logical heheh.... you tell me.

The advantage to being me on this BB is that to a certain extent people expect me to be harsh. I can ask the tough questions and usually people just think it is that same old arrogant SOB being himself.;)

You know Spock like unemotional, detached, just wants the answer.:LOL:

wazu 01-19-2003 02:33 AM

Quote:

Even if that is the case and if it is like I said long ago I do have sympathy for him. He should go to a party like this and hang with the guys he knows and if a woman talks to him just talk back. Do not imagine she is hitting on him and throw fear into, women are humans as well and could just want to be a friend. It does happen.

I was only factoring in the body weight to measure how many shots of whiskey he should throw down before the party.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:35 AM

Quote:

The advantage to being me on this BB is that to a certain extent people expect me to be harsh. I can ask the tough questions and usually people just think it is that same old arrogant SOB being himself.;)

You know Spock like unemotional, detached, just wants the answer.:LOL:

cool... so wtf is the answer? :D it's on you baby :LOL:

Logical 01-19-2003 02:37 AM

Quote:

I was only factoring in the body weight to measure how many shots of whiskey he should throw down before the party.

Oops sorry, but if the guy did 10 whiskey shots in a row and did not pass out you can figure he doesn't weigh 150. 4 shots though would pretty much put a 350 pounder over the legal limit for driving.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:38 AM

Adam... you think hes legit?

Chiefs Pantalones 01-19-2003 02:38 AM

Also, GC, it doesn't matter that you are a big nerd. Who cares? And don't say that you like the star wars crap and would rather do that stuff than go to one of those parties you mention. You can balance it out. You can still like the star wars crap, and have a social life.

I know you got it in you. If you are posing and this isn't real...oh well, we all look stupid, but if you aren't posing, good luck to you.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:39 AM

Quote:

Oops sorry, but if the guy did 10 whiskey shots in a row and did not pass out you can figure he doesn't weigh 150. 4 shots though would pretty much put a 350 pounder over the legal limit for driving.

You're assuming that he was being honest in that thread.

wazu 01-19-2003 02:40 AM

Quote:

Adam... you think hes legit?
Yes.

Logical 01-19-2003 02:41 AM

Quote:

cool... so wtf is the answer? :D it's on you baby :LOL:

I don't know if it is research but if he is not someone suffering from manic depression I am pretty darn sure this is not for real. He gets far too negative about himself and just keeps it up. If it is for real maybe this is a cry for help and he should seek out counseling instead of just lobbing these thing over the net seeminly hoping someone will smash him in the face with their return. I guess he could be a masochist as well. Course look at me and the rest of us we are not poster children for having a life going along with this post after post.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:45 AM

Quote:

Yes.

well... I hope you're right, cause I keep tryin' even though he doesn't seem to listen.

Phobia 01-19-2003 02:46 AM

My former brother in law was JUST Like this - that's why I have no problem believing him. I'm not sure why I give a shit, but I think the kid just needs encouragement. I sense a breakthrough happening, but I'm about through wasting all my time typing advice when it's apparent he hasn't followed ANY.

Logical 01-19-2003 02:48 AM

Quote:

well... I hope you're right, cause I keep tryin' even though he doesn't seem to listen.

Actually the fact that he keeps saying he cannot try this or could not try that is part of what makes me think Adam is wrong. I do not recall him once saying he would really make an effort to try something someone suggested that might be the slightest bit difficult. He would occasionally say things like I will keep that in mind or I will try to remember that or even that might be a good thought. Never the actual will to take an action that I can recall.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:50 AM

Quote:

I don't know if it is research but if he is not someone suffering from manic depression I am pretty darn sure this is not for real. He gets far too negative about himself and just keeps it up. If it is for real maybe this is a cry for help and he should seek out counseling instead of just lobbing these thing over the net seeminly hoping someone will smash him in the face with their return. I guess he could be a masochist as well. Course look at me and the rest of us we are not poster children for having a life going along with this post after post.

If he's NOT bullshitting us... then I agree, he needs to see someone about his issues. All I know is... damn near every night... he's got a crisis that calls everyone on the planet to him. I've used the term "attention whore" more than once.... and I think it fits.

If it's bullshit, it's working well. I just don't understand why. I think he's fake... just dunno why he's doin' it.

InvinciBill 01-19-2003 02:52 AM

Quote:

I highly doubt you are really the actor that played Boba Fett.

if for no other reason, this is why I think he is not a fake. refer to post #67.

:hmmm:

Phobia 01-19-2003 02:55 AM

He obviously doesn't get the attention he craves at home. He didn't start these antics until recently. He's getting very helpful advice and encouragement. He just needs to go through with some of it.

He's become pretty defensive a time or two - he's not a complete pushover. I dunno. I'm not an incredibly patient man with these types of situations. Eventually I'll wash my hands of him.

He has NO idea how critical it is that he acknowledge his desire to attend to the lady. None. That pisses me off.

I'm through with it today. Catch you guys later.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by InvinciBill

if for no other reason, this is why I think he is not a fake. refer to post #67.

:hmmm:

I assume someone from the planet was ****in' with him. (Phob?).... or maybe you bill? lol

but yes... the fact that he knew the name is.... well.... disturbing

InvinciBill 01-19-2003 03:00 AM

Quote:

I assume someone from the planet was ****in' with him. (Phob?).... or maybe you bill? lol

but yes... the fact that he knew the name is.... well.... disturbing

yeeees. someone was trying to get a rise out of him. It wasn't me, though. I wish I were that clever... or knowledgeable about Star Wars.

wait... not the last one.

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 03:02 AM

Phob... I didn't mean to piss ya off. I'm just tryin' to figure out what makes the guy tick. I've been right there givin' the best advice I could give... right along with everyone else. I have my doubts... but maybe I shoulda kept them quiet. Sorry man.

AustinChief 01-19-2003 03:07 AM

ok ok ok... I am in Dallas (or close enough)... I haven't read this entire thread... but I have seen ENOUGH... I am BY FAR NOT the coolest or most suave guy in the world... but I think it may be time that I take gochiefs under my wing...

If he is willing to take me up on it.. I will introduce him to TONS of slutty girls in DFW that can help him out... OR if he isn't ready for that... I can at least take him out ON THE TOWN and he can watch me act like a complete idiot... and see how easy it is to play the fool and not CARE...

I personally think it is FEAR that is keeping gochiefs from expanding his horizons... we all have been there... a little alcohol and some EXPERIENCE is all he needs...

so..here is the offer... if gochiefs is willing... I'll try to acclimate him to the shallow, fake breasted, money grubbing nightlife that is DALLAS...

--Kyle

AustinChief 01-19-2003 03:09 AM

btw...gochiefs... if I knew you were skipping the party you could have joined me down in Deep Elum with a boatload of slutty Dallas girls ...

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AustinChief
ok ok ok... I am in Dallas (or close enough)... I haven't read this entire thread... but I have seen ENOUGH... I am BY FAR NOT the coolest or most suave guy in the world... but I think it may be time that I take gochiefs under my wing...

If he is willing to take me up on it.. I will introduce him to TONS of slutty girls in DFW that can help him out... OR if he isn't ready for that... I can at least take him out ON THE TOWN and he can watch me act like a complete idiot... and see how easy it is to play the fool and not CARE...

I personally think it is FEAR that is keeping gochiefs from expanding his horizons... we all have been there... a little alcohol and some EXPERIENCE is all he needs...

so..here is the offer... if gochiefs is willing... I'll try to acclimate him to the shallow, fake breasted, money grubbing nightlife that is DALLAS...

--Kyle

amen brotha... (can I come too?) :D

AustinChief 01-19-2003 03:12 AM

Quote:

amen brotha... (can I come too?) :D

sure thing! actually I just noticed you are from St. Joe... that is my hometown! ALSO teh hoemtown of Eminim and Walter Cronkite...where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended ...

--Kyle
(was never a big fan of the Cherry Mash though)

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 03:16 AM

Quote:

sure thing! actually I just noticed you are from St. Joe... that is my hometown! ALSO teh hoemtown of Eminim and Walter Cronkite...where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended ...

--Kyle
(was never a big fan of the Cherry Mash though)

Lmao... sweet! Actually I just moved up here a few months ago.... (for a girl) didn't work out... go figure :huh:

I love the town though... low rent... hell i'm high class up here :D

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 03:18 AM

gotta love Em too.. check the sig ;)

AustinChief 01-19-2003 03:19 AM

Quote:

Lmao... sweet! Actually I just moved up here a few months ago.... (for a girl) didn't work out... go figure :huh:

I love the town though... low rent... hell i'm high class up here :D

ouch.. I know the feeling...

I was actually born and raised there... what bars do you hang out? screw this... if you have time go to the chat room I'll give you the skinny on my favorite places...

KcMizzou 01-19-2003 03:21 AM

Quote:

ouch.. I know the feeling...

I was actually born and raised there... what bars do you hang out? screw this... if you have time go to the chat room I'll give you the skinny on my favorite places...

ummm this is sad.... but i dunno how to go to the chat room. I'm kinda new I guess :huh:

AustinChief 01-19-2003 03:23 AM

Quote:

ummm this is sad.... but i dunno how to go to the chat room. I'm kinda new I guess :huh:

click on CHAT in the upper right corner...or just click here

Redcoats58 01-19-2003 03:23 AM

Quote:

up at the top of the screen is the chat click it

Rausch 01-19-2003 03:44 AM

Dude, you have no idea...

One of these days I'm going to find my photo album and give you a before(geek) and after comparison....

I had to escape uber-geek myself. I did it though. It really isn't that hard. And at one time I had a mullet.....THAT's some shit that's hard to live down....

Valiant 01-19-2003 04:28 AM

you need to do yourself a favor and come up here to kansas city so i can kick your ****ing ass...bejesus man, quit coping out...you are all excuses...

but,but,but,but....

how do you know this girl does not like star trek...for ****s sake, just try...dont make excuses...if she asks you where you were saturday night...tell i was talking to some guys on the chiefs board because i am to much of a ****ing wimp to try and have fun and get to know people on a civic level...

or you are just lieing your ass off about everything, and just want attention, which i think is more plausible...

theultimatekcchiefsfan 01-19-2003 04:31 AM

Quote:

Nothing will help somebody get past social apprehension like a little alcohol.

I agree with Adam. I use this method myself. It definitely works

2 beers beforehand gets you loosened up. Good advice.
:toast:

stumppy 01-19-2003 05:24 AM

I think he already knows what a lot of his problem is, and he scratched the surface in post #60 on this thread.
He said something to the effect of " One thing that has contributed to him being fucked is that he used to be a Jehova Witness".
I'll apologize in advance if I offend any fellow planeteers with what I'm going to say.
What this means is that he has been taught, well, taught is putting it lightly,more like programed that he should not associate socially with anyone who is not a J.W. And, if at some time he did anything that went against the J.W.'s beliefs he would have been disassociated (correct term?) by all of the J.W.'s. Including his own family. Basically a person could be socially ostracized for what GC was trying to get the courage up to do tonight.
If GC was raised as a J.W. he's probably had few, if any, oppurtunities to be around regular Joes that party, drink, and chase tang on a regular basis. That could certainly make the idea of going to a party and picking up on some chick seem like a scary proposition. He'd be going into uncharted waters. And, on at least a subconscious level, feeling that it is just wrong to do that sort of thing would not make it any easier.
All the advice in the world about how to hit on the girl, how to act , what to do and what not to do isn't going to help. It boils down to his fear of the unknown. He's just gonna have to decide to do it.

Well ????
Just thrownig it out there. What do ya'all think?

:D

Just realized it's 5:30 . I hope this makes sense after I get some sleep.

Fat Elvis 01-19-2003 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
Dude, you have no idea...

One of these days I'm going to find my photo album and give you a before(geek) and after comparison....

I had to escape uber-geek myself. I did it though. It really isn't that hard. And at one time I had a mullet.....THAT's some shit that's hard to live down....

If you are trying to escape the specter of bad hairdos, just be glad you weren't in high school or college during the 80's.

I had an ode to rockabilly, but I also had friends who paid tribute to A Flock of Seagulls.

The horror...the horror.....

Bootlegged 01-19-2003 09:33 AM

This is pathetic.