ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Pussification Of The Western Male (long but worth it) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74328)

Taco John 11-06-2003 11:22 PM

I'm having a hard time reading this thread... Must be the cucumber juice in my eyes...

Frazod 11-06-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
I'm having a hard time reading this thread... Must be the cucumber juice in my eyes...

Are you sure that juice is from a cucumber? :D

KS Smitty 11-06-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Boy, here's brand new reason I don't want to have kids. All this counseling/medication horseshit. From what I've read here, it seems to be disturbingly common.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that the idea of exposing a child to behavior-altering drugs at an early age might encourage him/her to think that other mild-altering drugs might be okay, too.

Am I being too logical for the new age liberal idiot train of educational thought here? :shake:

And they say cigarettes are bad. I'd rather have my kid smoking than doped up on psycho-meds.

And counseling if my kid stands up to a bully? What the fuck kind of message does that send? Be a fucking sheep forever? Don't be agressive in life, so that your peers who went to decent schools and were taught from an early age to win and succeed can get the promotions while you get their coffee?

I think not. 4321

That's a Frazod rant, the topic header was much too long, Tim's rants are short succinct and to the point. :thumb:

Michael Michigan 11-06-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
Well, I anticipate my younger son being labeled with something at some point...

he's sweet as can be but he's Tigger. Can't stop bouncing or sit still. He's always wanting to be moving. Around the house I'm always mad at him because he's kickin a ball or throwing a ball IN THE HOUSE. He's 120 MPH from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm.

But we've signed him up for sports and he's playing year around. Between a practice and a couple games a week he's got an outlet for his energy. When he acts up, I've been tempted to ground him from games but I realize that would be sooooo counterproductive. He NEEDS that outlet in order to function properly...

I'll spend whatever I need to on coaching fees, league fees, uniforms, tournaments, etc...

just to keep the kid off of drugs. No way in hell will I let them try to take all that energy from him with a pill.

Two Words.

Military School.

Frazod 11-07-2003 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
Two Words.

Military School.

I'll tell you, if I had a son, and could afford it, I'd seriously consider this option.

I'm assuming this would be an environment where competition would be encouraged and being a pussy wouldn't.

Jenson71 11-07-2003 12:15 AM

I know a handful of kids that were on riddilin. One of them being one of my best friends, and another being my cousin.

Funny, they all play sports and no, they aren't trippin with x right now. (yeah, very logical :rolleyes: )

Are you guys just taking shots in the dark, trying to prove your a tough sonuvabitch dad because when your kid acts up, you scream at him and maybe hit the kid?

You gotta be ****ing lazy or stupid if the only way you can make your kid obey is putting fear in him.

:shake:

Frazod 11-07-2003 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
I know a handful of kids that were on riddilin. One of them being one of my best friends, and another being my cousin.

Funny, they all play sports and no, they aren't trippin with x right now. (yeah, very logical :rolleyes: )

Are you guys just taking shots in the dark, trying to prove your a tough sonuvabitch dad because when your kid acts up, you scream at him and maybe hit the kid?

You gotta be ****ing lazy or stupid if the only way you can make your kid obey is putting fear in him.

I see from your profile that you were born in 1987. This would make you both a high school student and a teenager.

So I think we can safely classify you in the DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING DEPARTMENT.

Feel free to chime in with a meaningful opinion when you grow up, junior. :shake:

But don't feel bad. We were all once young and ignorant. You'll get over it.

Jenson71 11-07-2003 12:29 AM

Quote:

I see from your profile that you were born in 1987. This would make you both a high school student and a teenager.

So I think we can safely classify you in the DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING DEPARTMENT.

Feel free to chime in with a meaningful opinion when you grow up, junior. :shake:

But don't feel bad. We were all once young and ignorant. You'll get over it.

:hmmm:

Sounds like your problem is your old but still ignorant.

Well, at least you figured out that I'm a teenager. That means, I'm living in what you are all talking about right now.

Frazod 11-07-2003 12:32 AM

Quote:

:hmmm:

Sounds like your problem is your old but still ignorant.

Well, at least you figured out that I'm a teenager. That means, I'm living in what you are all talking about right now.

You're living it, but you have no comprehension of what it is.

But that's okay, I'm wrong, you know everything. Just like every other friggin teenager. Have a ball.

LVNHACK 11-07-2003 12:38 AM

Quote:

But that's okay, I'm wrong, you know everything. Just like every other friggin teenager. Have a ball.

You may as well save your words Tim............ ;)

Frazod 11-07-2003 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVNHACK
You may as well save your words Tim............ ;)

I know. :D

Well, you have fun with it. I'm off to bed. This ignorant old fart has to go to work in the morning and earn that paycheck.

Jenson71 11-07-2003 12:40 AM

Quote:

You can tell all that from one 5 sentence post on an internet message board? You're good, you.

Well I'd be the first to admit that I don't know everything, but despite what you may think, I don't ride the short bus to school, and I have a great comprehension of things that are going on.

Rausch 11-07-2003 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
That's for stabilization. Like how the T-Rex kept his tail aloft.

No, that's some freaky Chris Rock action you got going on there.....

alanm 11-07-2003 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
Russ, the people being sheparded by Rush Limbaugh have the intelligence to think for themselves...they CHOOSE not to use it. It's so much easier for them to tune in 3 hours, five days a week to be told how to think...

sheesh, he has more mind control time and availability than most ministers do. Most people don't spend more than an hour a week in church. Limbaugh's listeners get him 15 hours a week if they want.

Now that I'm retired(4 days ago) with all kinds of time on my hands to speculate about stupid shit, I thought I'd weigh in on this. What is it that you find utterly repugnant and repulsive about Limbaugh? Obviously just the mere mention of his name draws you out of hiding. Could it be subconsciously your attracted to him? ;):evil:

alanm 11-07-2003 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Hey alan, congratulations on your retirement!

I really don't have anything else to say. Just wanted to say congrats.

Well I'm only 46 so I can't sit on my ass for too long. Gonna head back to school this next semester. Take some computer geek type classes. I've been offered to teach a Criminal Justice course at the Community College here, But I turned it down. I sorta feel I would be in over my head trying to run a classroom. I've also been offered a job working insurance investigations. I've got options but I want to bum around for a little while. :D

LVNHACK 11-07-2003 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
Now that I'm retired(4 days ago) with all kinds of time on my hands to speculate about stupid shit, I thought I'd weigh in on this. What is it that you find utterly repugnant and repulsive about Limbaugh? Obviously just the mere mention of his name draws you out of hiding. Could it be subconsciously your attracted to him? ;):evil:

ROFL ...........Congrats on the retirement.......:thumb:

KCWolfman 11-07-2003 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
Russ:

You handled it like I would have.....I have one for you just like yours....

My son, a 5th grader, is already 5'6", and weighs 158 lbs, and towers over everyone in his school pretty much. He is pretty much like i have brought him up to be...don't look to start to fights, but if they come for a visit, make company welcome!

So about a month ago, there is this new kid that comes to his class...he's about a foot shorter than my son, but he figures that to make his "rep" in the school he's gonna make fun of and challenge my son. He spends the better part of the week telling all the kids in earshot how he is gonna kick my son's ass...so when asked on Friday by all those he has bragged to, why he hasn't beat my son up yet, he decides there is no way out....so when they are outside he starts pushing Jacob around...at first Jacob ignores him, because the kid can't push hard enough to even make him notice....so instead he pushes one of the kids that my son is playing a game with...when Jacob grabs him and puts him in a bear hug, the kids starts crying like a baby. We are called to school to discuss my son's "aggressive tendencies" and the need for counseling and/or medication.

Unlike your situation Russ, we didn't need an Inquisition..all we had to do is ask the witnesses...the other kids in the yard, and those to whom the new kid had been bragging to and we had our answer.

After all this had subsided, the principal still tried to convince us that young fellas like my son, who are abnormally larger than kids his age, usually use it to their advantage and are bullies. And that the best thing we could do for him was to get him counseling now, before he starts, so that, as Barney Fife would put it, we could nip it in the bud. Sensing my wife was going to give the Principal a show-and-tell version of what real aggressive tendencies were, I stood up, told the principal that this meeting was over with, and so was this incident...

mmaddog

Mmarkddog - The more I read of your stuff, the more I realize that you, Stevie, and myself are all cut from the same bolt of cloth.

KCWolfman 11-07-2003 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
Two Words.

Military School.

No, four words, all male military school

KCWolfman 11-07-2003 06:01 AM

Quote:

Actually we were talking about our parents not ourselves in regards to discipline. There is more than one dose of irony in your statement when you mention you are living the moment and we don't know what we are talking about while in the same breathe you have never raised a child of your own.

I have 4 kids we are raising. None have ever been in serious trouble, all get decent grades, and we are approaching the teenage years for the youngest one now. If you think you can raise them better, you are welcome to take the financial responsibility.

KCWolfman 11-07-2003 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
Well I'm only 46 so I can't sit on my ass for too long. Gonna head back to school this next semester. Take some computer geek type classes. I've been offered to teach a Criminal Justice course at the Community College here, But I turned it down. I sorta feel I would be in over my head trying to run a classroom. I've also been offered a job working insurance investigations. I've got options but I want to bum around for a little while. :D

Now, I officially hate you Alan.

Seriously, congrats. No easy task you have accomplished.

Michael Michigan 11-07-2003 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
No, four words, all male military school

Even better.

Slayer Diablo 11-07-2003 11:32 PM

I can definitely agree on some of that (there were a couple things he probably should've left out). Like what's up with all these people act'n like they're so pissed off at someone then not doing anything about it? If you're gonna go around complain'n or say'n how pissed you are, then go out and take care of it...none of this talk'n crap without do'n anything, and definitely don't go around scheduling fights.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-08-2003 12:26 AM

When I'm in a relationship, I'm usually whipped pretty bad. So says my friends...

Slayer Diablo 11-06-2004 11:03 PM

BUMP!!!

Kinda funny that this is forced out of retirement a year after its creation to the day....

David. 11-06-2004 11:41 PM

uhhhhh

Frazod 11-06-2004 11:56 PM

Excellent thread! Thanks for bumping it, Slayer. I'd give you rep, but your rep is disabled, so to hell with you. :p

Raiderhater 11-07-2004 12:38 AM

I missed this the first time around. Fun read.

Rausch 11-07-2004 12:56 AM

People who don't like Fight Club are definitely uber-metro-sexual...

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 12:57 AM

I dont like schitzo movies, does that make me metro?

Jenson71 11-07-2004 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
People who don't like Fight Club are definitely uber-metro-sexual...

Fight Club was horrible.

BTW, after one whole year, I'm still right in this thread. At least, I think I'm still right. Yeah, I'm right.

Frazod 11-07-2004 01:01 AM

Quote:

Fight Club was horrible.

BTW, after one whole year, I'm still right in this thread. At least, I think I'm still right. Yeah, I'm right.

Fight Club rocked.

And you're still a punk. :p

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Fight Club was horrible.

I don't like fight club because, well... It's a schitzo movie thats main feature is fighting.
Give me fighting with a plot any day of the week.

Jenson71 11-07-2004 01:06 AM

Quote:

Fight Club rocked.

And you're still a punk. :p

ROFL :thumb:

old bastard

Rausch 11-07-2004 01:09 AM

Quote:

Fight Club was horrible.

Well, if a movie said that stubborn, drunken germans were ruining society and worthless as tits on a boar hog I'd probably hate it too...

Jenson71 11-07-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre
I don't like fight club because, well... It's a schitzo movie thats main feature is fighting.

Well then you'd like WWE Raw or whatever the hell they call it now.

Actually, this is better. Enjoy

Rausch 11-07-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

The fighting was a minor part of the movie. And it did have a plot.

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Well then you'd like WWE Raw or whatever the hell they call it now.

Actually, this is better. Enjoy

**** that shit. WWE is teh gh3y!
Plotted fighting like:
John Wayne
Top Gun
Mission Impossible
James Bond
Rush hour and Rush hour 2
Terminator
Aliens
Star Wars
The list goes on and on...

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

The fighting was a minor part of the movie. And it did have a plot.

Generic Schizo plot.

Frazod 11-07-2004 01:15 AM

Quote:

Generic Schizo plot.

:spock:

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 01:17 AM

Quote:

:spock:

I just hate schizo movies.... Enough said.

Rausch 11-07-2004 01:19 AM

Quote:

I just hate schizo movies.... Enough said.

You mean intellectual...

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 01:20 AM

Quote:

You mean intellectual...

If by intellectual you mean schizo movies, then yes. However I didnt find it to be too intellectual. The prospect of a man starting a movement with his second personality that would overthrow the government by beating the shit out of one another just doesnt seem intellectual to me.

Jenson71 11-07-2004 01:21 AM

Did someone say something about intellectual films?

I must promote him. Otherwise, he'll just make all his movies only available in France. We don't want to be behind the froggies now, do we?

Frazod 11-07-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

If by intellectual you mean schizo movies, then yes. However I didnt find it to be too intellectual. The prospect of a man starting a movement with his second personality that would overthrow the government by beating the shit out of one another just doesnt seem intellectual to me.

No, they bond by beating the shit out of each other. They want to defeat the system by blowing shit up.

Granted, the end played a lot better prior to 9/11.

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 01:26 AM

Quote:

No, they bond by beating the shit out of each other. They want to defeat the system by blowing shit up.

Granted, the end played a lot better prior to 9/11.

The intelligence factor is just fucking great. ^MY POINT EXACTLY^

At anyrate, blowing up the WTC sure didnt disrupt the economy as exaggeratedly as it did in Fight Club, as stated in you last post.

Frazod 11-07-2004 01:29 AM

Quote:

The intelligence factor is just fucking great. ^MY POINT EXACTLY^

At anyrate, blowing up the WTC sure didnt disrupt the economy as exaggeratedly as it did in Fight Club, as stated in you last post.

What I meant by that is the idea of seeing buildings collapse post 9/11 is a bit disturbing now. I didn't really feel I needed to explain that.

As to what you're talking about, I have no idea. IT'S ONLY A MOVIE.

Coach 11-07-2004 01:35 AM

Whenever I have a son, I give him just one simple rule. Don't hit anyone. Anybody who ever hits you, anyone, give it to them. Don't take the first punch, but wait for the opponent to give the first punch. Then you can react in self-defense.

Straight, No Chaser 11-07-2004 01:53 AM

Quote:

IT'S ONLY A MOVIE.

Funny story: I had a rather eccentric neighbor who told me a story about going up to Prescott as a youngster. Once he was fortune enough to see "Tom Mix" westerns being filmed (this man is obviously dead now). He said they painted the horses hooves white for the camera (among other FX). After that he said he quit watching movies because "they're all fake".

Anyway I think Brad Pitt is barely watchable but Ed Norton is good. However, I'd rather watch his girfriend in anything.

----->

teedubya 11-07-2004 02:10 AM

I missed this thread the first time around too... great thread... so true, most of it. I think the problem with this guy is... his name is Kim Du Toit... that, my friend, is about as UNMANLY of a name that you can have...

Also, He said "I want a man..." no less than 6 times in that article... He is dealing with some issues.

heh.

David. 11-07-2004 02:25 AM

Quote:

**** that shit. WWE is teh gh3y!
Plotted fighting like:
John Wayne
Top Gun
Mission Impossible
James Bond
Rush hour and Rush hour 2
Terminator
Aliens
Star Wars
The list goes on and on...

ROFL you don't like Fight Club but you liked that crap (minus John Wayne :shrug: ). Methinks someone is too stupid to understand the movie.

David. 11-07-2004 02:26 AM

Quote:

I must promote him. Otherwise, he'll just make all his movies only available in France. We don't want to be behind the froggies now, do we?

GOD Woody Allen's movies make me want to stab myself in the face.

KcMizzou 11-07-2004 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.

ROFLROFL

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 02:32 AM

Quote:

ROFL you don't like Fight Club but you liked that crap (minus John Wayne :shrug: ). Methinks someone is too stupid to understand the movie.

Dont question my intelligence, if you please. You may question my taste in entertainment to any degree you wish. However, each film listed their is considered revolutionary in its own right (excepting the Rush Hour films... I like comedy quite a bit tho, what can I say. Mel Brooks is my favorite.) At any rate, your questioning of my intelligence is intolerable seeing as you dont even know me personally and therefore cannot know the extent of it. I understand fight club. I just fail to fall into the mindless masses who praise it. I didn't like the film. This is not a reflection of my intelligence. I hope you get the point by now.

David. 11-07-2004 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser

Anyway I think Brad Pitt is barely watchable but Ed Norton is good. However, I'd rather watch his girfriend in anything.

Two of my favorite actors.

Pitt - Fight Club, Snatch, Se7en, 12 monkeys, Oceans Eleven, Seven Years in Tibet, hell I even liked Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.

Norton - Fight Club, American History X, Rounders, Red Dragon(kind of)

David. 11-07-2004 02:33 AM

Quote:

Dont question my intelligence, if you please. You may question my taste in entertainment to any degree you wish. However, each film listed their is considered revolutionary in its own right (excepting the Rush Hour films... I like comedy quite a bit tho, what can I say. Mel Brooks is my favorite.) At any rate, your questioning of my intelligence is intolerable seeing as you dont even know me personally and therefore cannot know the extent of it. I understand fight club. I just fail to fall into the mindless masses who praise it. I didn't like the film. This is not a reflection of my intelligence. I hope you get the point by now.

ROFL aww, someone takes the intraweb too seriously.

Stupid :p

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 02:34 AM

Quote:

Two of my favorite actors.

Pitt - Fight Club, Snatch, Se7en, 12 monkeys, Oceans Eleven, Seven Years in Tibet, hell I even liked Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.

Norton - Fight Club, American History X, Rounders, Red Dragon(kind of)

I really liked Se7en, that was a movie with a statement to make. I also approved of ocean's eleven, it was a well-structured, well-thought out movie. I loved American History X.

David. 11-07-2004 02:34 AM

Quote:

Revolutionary? Hardly. Pop hit? Definitely.

David. 11-07-2004 02:35 AM

Quote:

I really liked Se7en, that was a movie with a statement to make. I also approved of ocean's eleven, it was a well-structured, well-thought out movie. I loved American History X.

american history x is one of my favorite movies. It was just....great.

Rausch 11-07-2004 02:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 02:44 AM

Quote:

Pop hit?

See Fight Club

Each film I listed brought a new element to the film industry.

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 02:46 AM

Quote:

Just touching and saddening.
Ironic, yet realistic. Very Realistic.

David. 11-07-2004 02:47 AM

Top Gun(crap)
Mission Impossible(crap)
James Bond(crap)
Rush hour and Rush hour 2(supercrap)
Terminator(kindacrap)
Aliens(crap)
Star Wars(ubernerdycrap)

meh :shrug:

KcMizzou 11-07-2004 02:48 AM

Quote:

Great movie... that scene with the teeth, and the curb... ugh. *shudder*

David. 11-07-2004 02:49 AM

BITE THE CURB!

very effed up

David. 11-07-2004 02:49 AM

it's the sound that gets me, when you hear the teeth click the pavement. Freaks me out.

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 02:55 AM

Quote:

Top Gun(crap)
Mission Impossible(crap)
James Bond(crap)
Rush hour and Rush hour 2(supercrap)
Terminator(kindacrap)
Aliens(crap)
Star Wars(ubernerdycrap)

meh :shrug:

I dont see what's not to love.
Top Gun is awesome for the part about falling back on old tactics because they were 4x more effective.
James Bond is always awesome if not because he always sleeps with the woman and then leaves her.
Mission Impossible is awesome for its revolutionary music. 5/4 time signature? Then you also have the whole super suspensful thing...
Rush hour, well I like comedy and I like Chan making an ass out of himself. Plus he does his own stunts!
Terminator is one of the first films to be centered around timetravel. It was a breakthrough to bring Sci-Fi back into the popular spectrum.
Aliens is a great story line about the evils of a corporation and what they are willing to do for profit. Crew Expendable.
Star Wars was THE SciFi breakthrough of all time. They did amazing stuff for non-cheesy special effects on a low budget. The storyline was awesome. We are of course refering tothe OLD star wars trilogy.

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 02:55 AM

Quote:

it's the sound that gets me, when you hear the teeth click the pavement. Freaks me out.

Never mind the whole neck angle/cracking sound during and after the event.

David. 11-07-2004 03:00 AM

actually, that part doesn't bother me as much :shrug: it's something to do with the clicking of the teeth that just sets me off

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 03:01 AM

Quote:

actually, that part doesn't bother me as much :shrug: it's something to do with the clicking of the teeth that just sets me off

How about the inevitable image of the upper jaw breaking and then careening into teh brain at highspeeds creating a misshaped head?

David. 11-07-2004 03:02 AM

meh

:)

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 03:03 AM

Quote:

meh

:)

ROFL

Rausch 11-07-2004 03:03 AM

AHX is simply A Clockwork Orange for gen-x...

Nightfyre 11-07-2004 03:04 AM

Quote:

/ignore

David. 11-07-2004 03:04 AM

i LOVE a clockwork orange

KcMizzou 11-07-2004 03:05 AM

Quote:

You're being talked about on the game thread...

Jenson71 11-07-2004 09:10 AM

Quote:

Then I hope you watch a lot of them.

Raiderhater 11-07-2004 09:48 AM

Quote:

ROFL you don't like Fight Club but you liked that crap [/U](minus John Wayne :shrug: )[/U]. Methinks someone is too stupid to understand the movie.

Very wise of you to say that.

David. 11-07-2004 01:52 PM

well yah, John Wayne is the man. I don't know why no one makes Westerns anymore.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2013 11:43 AM

http://www.hel-looks.com/big-photos/20130612_01.jpg

Prison Bitch 06-16-2013 11:47 AM

Liberal feminism teaches men to be nice and cutesy with women. This is a disastrous mistake for men wanting to get laid. Genes compel women to mate with strong-willed and masculine men. If anyone believes in evolution (and you should if you have a brain), then liberal feminism would immediately be laughed at as a method to attract women.

Yet I remember long ago watching men fall over themselves trying to out-nice the next guy to get the girl. The only place that ever worked was in Hollywood teen movies and trashy women's novels.