ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9652897)
@SiriusXMNFL: Andy Reid on #BrandenAlbert: He is a hard worker and a proven Left Tackle...if he was here today he would be the LT. #SXMSports #Chiefs

Haha!

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://i.imgur.com/P87BsHH.gif

ceebz 05-02-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9652897)
@SiriusXMNFL: Andy Reid on #BrandenAlbert: He is a hard worker and a proven Left Tackle...if he was here today he would be the LT. #SXMSports #Chiefs

Exactly. I can't believe there's still moron Chief fans calling to move this kid to guard.

Mother****erJones 05-02-2013 01:44 PM

Ya it's stupid but people keep bringing it up.

GoChargers 05-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9652504)
There is nothing wrong with having a dominant oline

There is when you have mediocre talent at the skill positions, especially QB. Hell, if the recent Super Bowl teams are any indication, you really don't need a dominant LT if you have an elite or near-elite quarterback.

Bryant McKinnie, Matt Light, Chad Clifton, Trai Essex, Jermaine Bushrod, etc... basically a collection of worn-down vets on their last legs, backups pushed into the starting role, and prospects who hadn't panned out yet. Yet they didn't stop their teams from at least getting to, and possibly winning, the Super Bowl, because those teams had legit quarterbacks and were stacked with talent at the skill positions.

Mother****erJones 05-02-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9652941)
There is when you have mediocre talent at the skill positions, especially QB. Hell, if the recent Super Bowl teams are any indication, you really don't need a dominant LT if you have an elite or near-elite quarterback.

Bryant McKinnie, Matt Light, Chad Clifton, Trai Essex, Jermaine Bushrod, etc... basically a collection of worn-down vets on their last legs, backups pushed into the starting role, and prospects who hadn't panned out yet. Yet they didn't stop their teams from at least getting to, and possibly winning, the Super Bowl, because those teams had legit quarterbacks and were stacked with talent at the skill positions.

That's all fine and well but there were no elite or near elite QBs for the taking.

-King- 05-02-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9652808)
Trent Green disagrees.

Trent Green wasn't average.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike 05-02-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9652187)

I like the dude with the sunglasses behind them goin', "meh".

Is that GoChiefs?

saphojunkie 05-02-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9652960)
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know if there really is such a thing as an average QB. The middle of the road? Playoffs but no victory?

It seems to me that "below average" for a QB is synonymous with "absolutely terrible."

"Above average" is synonymous with "franchise QB."

Average is basically one or two guys that could break out but haven't. A la Matt Ryan or Sam Bradford.

Ming the Merciless 05-02-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9652512)
What good is an All-World line if you don't have a playmaker at quarterback behind them?

Good o-lines really don't make average QB's better. QB's are defined by their play, good or bad.

Alex smith needs a line full of 1st rounders to make handoffs and 5 yard screens

DaFace 05-02-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9652960)
Posted via Mobile Device

How did Trent look behind any other line?

KC_Lee 05-02-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9653123)
How did Trent look behind any other line?

Before or after his brains were scrambled?

DaFace 05-02-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9653130)
Before or after his brains were scrambled?

Take your pick. The results are the same.

I love Trent as much as anyone, but he had the best OL this team has ever seen in front of him and the best RB at his side. Not to mention that was when Tony was in his prime. You CAN'T argue that he would have looked anywhere near as good as he did if he had the OL not been as good as it was.

Anyong Bluth 05-02-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9651933)
He and Miami agreed on compensation as a LT you do realize this yes?

Ya, as long as they were successful in deciding to bait n switch on the Chiefs by expressing their concerns about back issues in the 11th hour and trying to get KC to accept a 3rd.

Also the way that Miami structured his contract, he would have been seeing far less in guaranteed $$$ as it was filled with incentives and clauses. Ireland then had the nerve to trade his 1st 2nd (#42) and they've yet to solidify a real guy at the LT spot.
Even though its not even the same guys in the front office, there's been some acrimony between the Dolphins and Chiefs and specifically about compensation and trade deals for a # of years.
Just not a lot of professionalism on display and Ireland isn't known around the league in the most positive light - or at least tends to mistake where that line between shrewd business negotiator and dull-witted **** lies.

aturnis 05-02-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9652365)
The hate chief's fans have here sometimes for their own players is funny.
So now Hali is not a stud pass rusher?

Hali had one great season. But the majority of his years have been average to below average. I used Hali b/c I see Jordan as Hali, maybe a little better, possibly quite a bit worse. I certainly wouldn't consider Hali a #1 overall pick pass rusher.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 03:13 PM

Trent Green was able to take advantage of superior protection to post league-leading passing numbers.

Alex Smith takes advantage of superior protection to...get sacked a lot...and dink and dunk.

Stop comparing the two. Thanks.