ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NASCAR THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269786)

Dylan 07-21-2013 01:17 PM

Sunday: Nationwide @ Chicagoland Speedway, ESPN

race is getting ready to go green

Oh well, caution is out

Dylan 07-21-2013 03:30 PM

Caution, spilled fluid on the race track

18 laps to go

Hornish, Jr
Logano
Austin Dillan

Logano takes the lead -

Edit: Joey Logano wins at Chicago!

2. Sam Hornish, Jr.
3. Austin Dillan
4. Elliott Sadler
5. Brian Vickers

Al Bundy 07-28-2013 07:43 AM

Bob Pockrass ‏@bobpockrass 42m

Sad news: Randy Earnhardt, brother of Dale Sr. & uncle of Dale Jr, has died. Dale Jr said in Sept that Randy was battling cancer. #nascar

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 08:21 AM

Very sad... Hate the disease, and wish they could cure it...

Fairplay 07-28-2013 11:28 AM

And we're off.

Dylan 07-28-2013 11:30 AM

Hey, Fairplay!

Fairplay 07-28-2013 11:32 AM

Hi Dylan!

:thumb:

Dylan 07-28-2013 11:50 AM

O.M.G was that a female NASCAR official? LOL

Bring her/him in for a tryout. /CP

Fairplay 07-28-2013 11:54 AM

I hope there are a lot of cautions, the restarts would make it interesting

Dylan 07-28-2013 12:27 PM

The last 30 laps should be exciting...That's it...

Freakin' Nanny City - Embarrassing

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...5/78491968.jpg

Courtesy of the NY Daily News

Fairplay 07-28-2013 12:37 PM

The stands look sparse I don't understand.

Dylan 07-28-2013 12:41 PM

The fans are tired of staring at single file racing.

Demonpenz 07-28-2013 12:43 PM

Brickyard's attendence has been shit for 7 years.

Dylan 07-28-2013 01:20 PM

It would be nice if they told us who brought out the caution...Unbelievable

Fairplay 07-28-2013 01:27 PM

Race is finally getting interesting

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 01:31 PM

And Jeff is nowhere to be seen. Ugh!

Dylan 07-28-2013 01:31 PM

Where is GloryDayz?

Doubt if anyone will be able to beat JimiJo

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 01:32 PM

LOL, Great minds!

Dylan 07-28-2013 01:32 PM

There you are ^ Just in time... LMAO

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 01:32 PM

OK, 11th.. i missed that before.. Woot.. Pretty good considering...

Fairplay 07-28-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9840805)
Where is GloryDayz?

Doubt if anyone will be able to beat JimiJo

I figured it was his race from the get go I don't know why I bothered to watch it.

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9840818)
I figured it was his race from the get go I don't know why I bothered to watch it.

Well I'm here for a while, that might be the kiss of death for him...

Dylan 07-28-2013 01:39 PM

JimiJo defies all logic.

Fresh tires vs. bad tires - No problem -JimiJo makes them work.

No one can pass in traffic - No problem - JimiJo can.

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9840828)
JimiJo defies all logic.

Fresh tires vs. bad tires - No problem -JimiJo makes them work.

No one can pass in traffic - No problem - JimiJo can.

On and on and on...

I suspect the cat in the hat will start to claim he's doing something to the tires (conditioning them) or something like that soon enough. He did it to Jeff back in the day, so I wouldn't put it past him now...

Dylan 07-28-2013 01:51 PM

JimiJo makes an adjustment - Stuck in 40th - No problem - within a few laps is back in 5th

When all is said and done - He will be the best driver in NASCAR history

Buck 07-28-2013 01:56 PM

I dont think Johnson is going to catch him.

Dylan 07-28-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9840874)
I dont think Johnson is going to catch him.

I think you are right. JimiJo is losing ground - unless there is a caution.

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 01:58 PM

Yeah, Ryan's got this...

dannybcaitlyn 07-28-2013 02:00 PM

Good job Ryan!!

Fairplay 07-28-2013 02:00 PM

Go Newman

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 02:00 PM

Well, at least it's a Chevy...

GloryDayz 07-28-2013 02:01 PM

Great drive Ryan....

Dylan 07-28-2013 02:01 PM

Congratulations to Ryan Newman and his fans...

Prestigious win for your resume!

Dylan 07-30-2013 10:40 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/no5EXYbXGPE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amazingly, Tony Stewart was OK after a Sprint car crash in Canada July 29.

GloryDayz 07-31-2013 07:43 PM

He could get hurt doing that!

Dylan 07-31-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9849112)
He could get hurt doing that!

His Sprint car was doing somersaults.

Stewart was lucky to walk away.

Scary.

GloryDayz 07-31-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9849175)
His Sprint car was doing somersaults.

Stewart was lucky to walk away.

Scary.

Yeah, but it Tony.... I'm trying to find a way be that concerned.

That being said, I totally appreciate his willingness to race anything that rolls. Most drivers at his age have moved on to other things, so that part of him I totally respect. But, at the same time, he whines endlessly, pouts like a 2-year-old, and pulls some pretty dumb moves (and thinks it's OK because when HE does it, it just hard racing).

I still won't shop at Home Depot because of him (unless I have to)..

NJChiefsFan 07-31-2013 09:09 PM

Going to the race Sunday. Never been to Pocono and I know it has a bad reputation for spectators, but with my baseball league on Sundays in the spring/summer and football in the fall, I don't have a lot of choices.

Dylan 08-04-2013 11:28 AM

Have fun!

who is watching the race? 3 car wreck - Ricky Stenhouse and ???

I just got home

Edit: OFTLOG - Denny Hamlin crashed! He slapped the wall hard in Turn 3. Caution is out

Edit: oh boy, 4-wide!

Looks like NJChiefsfan is getting his money's worth at Pocono Raceway.

Edit: Fire, Fire, pants on Fire!

Hard hit off Turn 3. Gilliland's car is on fire! Hurry, get out!

TrebMaxx 08-04-2013 12:47 PM

Good! Growing tired of the j.j. show.

mlyonsd 08-04-2013 01:39 PM

Looks like boyfriend and girlfriend will have something to talk about tonight since they both wrecked today.

ptlyon 08-04-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 9857778)
Good! Growing tired of the j.j. show.

What happened to him?

mlyonsd 08-04-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9857998)
What happened to him?

Right front went down and he scraped the wall bad enough they had to tape the car back together.

ptlyon 08-04-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9858019)
Right front went down and he scraped the wall bad enough they had to tape the car back together.

PBJ

Dylan 08-04-2013 02:15 PM

OMG, I fell asleep LMAO

10 to go...

who is leading? LOL

Dylan 08-04-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9857952)
Looks like boyfriend and girlfriend will have something to talk about tonight since they both wrecked today.

LMAO

Dylan 08-04-2013 02:21 PM

Wow... Jeff Gordon vs. Kandy Kane

And Jeff leads!!!!

Where is GloryDayz?

5 to go...

Dylan 08-04-2013 02:24 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Trouble, trouble in Turn 2

Kenseth hits the wall

Uh oh, cars will be bunched up again

It'll be 2 laps to go...

Get ready for chaos

wow Kahne pulls away from Gordon in the corner

Edit: And the winner is Kasey Kahne!

Congrats! Now, burn those tires out

dannybcaitlyn 08-04-2013 02:36 PM

Kahne wanted ir more then jeff. He let it all hang out

Dylan 08-04-2013 03:05 PM

ESPN: WTH kind of race is Rollycross?

They are crashing all over the place

Crazy.

Travis Pastrana is in the race.

NJChiefsFan 08-04-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 9858126)
Kahne wanted ir more then jeff. He let it all hang out

I don't think he gets it without Kurt's push on the final restart.

The view from my seats only showed about 1/3 of the track since I got stuck so low and the track is enormous, but it was at turn 3 and right on the pit road entrance. People were loving it when JJ wrecked. Too bad Hamlin wrecked early and Stewart sputtered.

Al Bundy 08-06-2013 02:28 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lance/2622305/

OSKALOOSA, Iowa — Three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart was hospitalized with a broken leg early Tuesday morning after crashing at a sprint car race in Iowa.

Stewart-Haas Racing spokesman Mike Arning said Stewart sustained a broken right tibia and fibula in a crash at Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, Iowa. He was transported to a local hospital by ambulance, where he underwent surgery.

Stewart will miss at least this weekend's NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen; Arning said a replacement has not been named and it's unknown how long Stewart will be out overall. A test scheduled for Tuesday at Atlanta Motor Speedway has also been canceled.

The driver/team owner was leading the 30-lap feature of the Front Row Challenge with five laps remaining when Josh Higday's car spun on Turn 4 and collected the top three cars — Stewart, Tasker Phillips and Tony Shilling.

Track officials said Stewart, 42, was conscious and talking to responders after being placed on a stretcher.

Brian Brown raced to victory, holding off Kyle Larson after the restart.

"First and foremost, we're concerned about Tony and making sure he's all right," Brown said. "He's a huge asset to our sport, especially sprint car racing and an icon in the whole motor sports field. Anytime you see him wreck like that and then leave in an ambulance, it's never good. Hopefully he's okay. We weren't going to win that race. We were probably going to run third or fourth."

Brown added: "When I saw the wreck, I turned left and hit an infield tire and kept going. It was just luck."

Asked what he saw of Stewart's situation, Brown said: "It looked like he got into a lapped car. When I got close, he was flipping cage down. I didn't really have time to watch and see what was going on."

Brown went on to explain how he avoided the wreck.

"Luckily we've got good brakes and I was able to turn left and that tire didn't hurt us too much," Brown said. "I plowed one of those tractor tires and just kept going. That was my only choice. It was either that or run into them. I chose the infield."

Larson, one of NASCAR's rising stars, described what he observed when the wreck occurred.

"I didn't see how it happened, I just saw cars going everywhere," Larson said. "I had to duck through the infield and luckily I missed it."

Larson added: "I saw Brian monster truck that tire. I actually clipped the tire before that wreck going into that corner. Luckily it got me out of shape enough to go through the infield."

Larson, 21, is similar to Stewart in that he loves racing anything with four wheels. Larson is among the leaders in the Nationwide Series. Stewart is a former Indy Racing League star and now is among the best in Sprint Cup.

"He grew up racing open-wheel dirt stuff like I've been doing. He's probably the best race car driver ever," Larson said.

The team owner says of balancing the demands on his time: "I've got more stuff asked of me every week. But I drive a race car for a living. … Life's good."
Stewart endures yet another photo shoot, this one in his Nationwide Series suit. "Nice, nice!" shouts a director. "You're a pro. That was bad ass."

As for the similarities?

"Me and Tony do a lot of the same things, racing every night that we can," Larson said. "I suppose that's what makes us both special and we're both good at it. Let's hope he's all right."

Driver Tony Bruce Jr. said the wreck area was filled with debris.

"At that time we were on the back straightaway," Bruce said. "By the time I got there, all I saw was carnage. Cars and parts and pieces laying every which direction and it looked pretty bad. I knew it looked pretty bad, but hopefully Stewart is okay and he'll be able to continue his day job on Sunday."

Many fans probably wonder: Why does a big star like Stewart risk everything at small tracks such as Oskaloosa's?

"That's the risk I know he's willing to take because he enjoys sprint car racing and a lot of people don't understand why he would do such a thing, but I do," Bruce said. "Almost every single person in this pit area loves sprint car racing and will literally mortgage their house and everything they've got to go do it. I know right now it's kind of getting a bad rap, because people are dying and getting injured really bad. But at the same time, we all know that's the risk.

"Heck, you could die in a street car probably easier than you could die in a race car. It's one of those things that unfortunately happens. Hopefully he'll be okay and I'm sure we'll see him in a race car again."

What causes the addiction?

"First, the adrenaline rush, and then the competition," Bruce said. "If you're competitive at anything, you always want to be the best. When you get out of the car at the end of the day and you beat everybody, you feel like you're somebody. There's really no explanation for what it is. It's just there and you can't get rid of it."

This season, Stewart won the FedEx 400 at Dover International Speedway on June 2, took second in the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona on July 6 and placed fourth in the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis on July 28.

Andy Hamilton writes for The Des Moines Register, a Gannett affiliate.

BourbonMan 08-06-2013 07:32 AM

Good...Now we need Danika to break hers.

chefsos 08-06-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9862026)
Good...Now we need Danika to break hers.

Dude. I know this is CP and all and we don't give a **** but...damn.

Anyway...

This is what racers do. But I think Stewart's sprint car days are coming to a close. He runs his own Cup team so there's no owner to tell him to knock it off, but as an employer of mine once said, "I don't have a boss. I have hundreds of them."

Mav 08-06-2013 08:02 AM

A part of me says good, one less guy for Brad K to get by, and then the humane says this sucks. Of course, I never like to see this, I was watching live as many of you were the day Dale Senior died.

Get well smoke.

BourbonMan 08-06-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9862072)
A part of me says good, one less guy for Brad K to get by, and then the humane says this sucks. Of course, I never like to see this, I was watching live as many of you were the day Dale Senior died.

Get well smoke.

Never said I wanted him to die, don't wish that for any driver. He broke his leg, he will be out for awhile, never liked him, he whines too much and he blames everybody and anything else when he doesn't run very good, just like Danika...Listen to their interviews, they both say the same thing..it wasn't their fault.

Yes I was watching when Dale SR died...I cried my effing eyes out.

GloryDayz 08-06-2013 09:17 AM

Just got back, and missed the race... Oh well, if Jeff ever wins again, that'll be cool.. As for the JJ haters....LOL, jealous much?! Yeah, he's like the Tiger Woods of car NASCAR! Jeff went through this same stuff in his day, found JJ, and now his awesomeness is getting shit on too...

LOL, some day Jeff and JJ will find the next Jeff/JJ! And haters will hate that person's awesomeness too!

Mav 08-06-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9862132)
Never said I wanted him to die, don't wish that for any driver. He broke his leg, he will be out for awhile, never liked him, he whines too much and he blames everybody and anything else when he doesn't run very good, just like Danika...Listen to their interviews, they both say the same thing..it wasn't their fault.

Yes I was watching when Dale SR died...I cried my effing eyes out.

I hate smoke. I really do. I also hate Danica. Highlight of my race weekends is when she crashes. I think she is worthless, if you put her in subpar equipment like say with Petty instead of Hendrick stuff, then she would finish 10 laps down instead of 2. I could care less if she crashes, and I damn sure didn't feel too horribly when Logano wrecked Hamlin. But, I don't want to see people hurt lol.

Dylan 08-06-2013 05:49 PM

Oh boy. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

Quote:

Stewart broke his tibia and fibula in a Monday night sprint car race at Southern Iowa Speedway. He underwent surgery and will miss Sunday's road course race at Watkins Glen, where his five wins are the most by any driver -- where another win could have solidified his chances to run for a fourth championship.

Now, he could miss the rest of the season."
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...art-mortal-all

Get well!

Mav 08-06-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9862233)
Just got back, and missed the race... Oh well, if Jeff ever wins again, that'll be cool.. As for the JJ haters....LOL, jealous much?! Yeah, he's like the Tiger Woods of car NASCAR! Jeff went through this same stuff in his day, found JJ, and now his awesomeness is getting shit on too...

LOL, some day Jeff and JJ will find the next Jeff/JJ! And haters will hate that person's awesomeness too!

Okay. Do you realize that at this point it is the equipment? Yes, Jimmie is a great driver, he also has the best Crew Chief, but at the end of the day, what separates the Jimmie Johnsons from the Kurt Busch's is equipment.

Kurt Busch is hands down a better wheel man than Jimmie. That's not even debatable.

BourbonMan 08-06-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9862245)
I hate smoke. I really do. I also hate Danica. Highlight of my race weekends is when she crashes. I think she is worthless, if you put her in subpar equipment like say with Petty instead of Hendrick stuff, then she would finish 10 laps down instead of 2. I could care less if she crashes, and I damn sure didn't feel too horribly when Logano wrecked Hamlin.

Totally Agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9863385)
Okay. Do you realize that at this point it is the equipment? Yes, Jimmie is a great driver, he also has the best Crew Chief, but at the end of the day, what separates the Jimmie Johnsons from the Kurt Busch's is equipment.

Kurt Busch is hands down a better wheel man than Jimmie. That's not even debatable.

Totally DISAGREE.

Mav 08-06-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9863509)
Totally Agree.

Totally DISAGREE.

That's fair. And I hate Kurt Busch. I hate Shrub. But, Kurt can flat out drive. Proved it in the 51, proving it in the 78. He can flat out DRIVE. If he some how could of gotten into Haas, or ends up with Childress, which is rumored, whewwwwww.

TribalElder 08-06-2013 06:39 PM

Sprint car race just cost you a shitload of money mr. Stewart

Bugeater 08-06-2013 07:52 PM

Well that sucks. Not sure Tony was going anywhere this year anyway.

And on an unrelated note, why has the douchebag thread starter not updated the OP since ****ing June?

Bugeater 08-06-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9846854)
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/no5EXYbXGPE?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Amazingly, Tony Stewart was OK after a Sprint car crash in Canada July 29.

Ok, that's why I had a feeling of deja vu with that story. GTFO of those sprint cars Tony.

Dylan 08-06-2013 08:12 PM

Tony Stewart Suffers Broken Leg in Sprint Car Crash at Southern Iowa Speedway.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mn70edurI9A?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am not sure what Tony hit. I am not familiar with sprint car tracks.

TribalElder 08-06-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9863827)
Tony Stewart Suffers Broken Leg in Sprint Car Crash at Southern Iowa Speedway.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mn70edurI9A?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am not sure what Tony hit. I am not familiar with sprint car tracks.

Racing those go carts with wind sails is fail

How much money did that wreck cost him

GloryDayz 08-06-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9863385)

LOL, OK.... You act like he's selling burgers to buy tires.. No! JJ's better. DEJ and JG have the same gear, so it's a LOT more than that. As for crew...well win a few championships and you might find out... But it's OK, it's not worth fighting..

Dylan 08-06-2013 11:03 PM

Max Papis will serve as the interim driver for Stewart at Watkins Glen road course race Sunday. It is also worth noting that Kyle Larson, was also in the sprint cars race in Iowa.

Quote:

Excerpt: Stewart was leading the 30-lap race when he crashed into a lapped car.

So why was Tony Stewart racing, of all things, 360 sprint cars -- those are sprinters with 360-cubic-inch engines, a major step down from the World of Outlaws-like 410 sprints -- on a Monday night in Oskaloosa, Iowa? Tony Stewart, whose career earnings from purse money alone is close to $120 million?

If you have to ask why Tony Stewart was racing sprint cars, which he planned on doing maybe 60 days this year, you don't know him very well. No current racer in NASCAR gives back more to the grassroots form of motorsports that made him what he is today.

What he told the Des Moines Register sums up the addiction that is sprint car racing, even after three sprint car drivers, including fellow NASCAR competitor Jason Leffler, died in the past two months, the latest being Pennsylvania's Kramer Williamson on Sunday.

That's the risk I know Stewart's willing to take because he enjoys sprint car racing and a lot of people don't understand why he would do such a thing, but I do,” Brown told the newspaper. “Almost every single person in this pit area loves sprint car racing and will literally mortgage their house and everything they've got to go do it. I know right now it's kind of getting a bad rap, because people are dying and getting injured really bad. But at the same time, we all know that's the risk.”
Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...#ixzz2bFsYsIG9

According to AutoWeek, Stewart could miss one Cup race.

Dylan 08-06-2013 11:17 PM

Wow, Stewart hit that lapped car as if it was not even there.

At first, I thought the tires flying by were part of the safer barrier.

I hope the second driver is all right. I wonder if he had whiplash injuries.

Mav 08-10-2013 02:44 PM

Pretty funny, if brad continues leading this race, and wins, he will effectively kept Sam Hornish from taking the points lead.

Irony.

Dylan 08-11-2013 10:58 AM

Cup Series: Road course race at Watkins Glen - Just about to start.

7 turns - should be wild.

Dylan 08-11-2013 11:48 AM

Gordon hard crash into the wall - Something had to break on his car for that to happen...

chefsos 08-11-2013 11:51 AM

That was weird. 24 went wide, and there was no place to go wide other that right into the wall.

chefsos 08-11-2013 11:52 AM

And going back, it's good that Reuttimann confirmed that he is, indeed, an idiot.

Dylan 08-11-2013 11:52 AM

Did something break on his car?

LOL, Rudy

chefsos 08-11-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9876414)
Did something break on his car?

Gordon? Nope. Said the front end took off, but then he said something telling: "That's the penalty for that; you have to go out there and drive all day in something like I'm about to drive." Meaning, a wrecked and slow car. I think he just ****ed up.

Dylan 08-11-2013 12:07 PM

oh, okay - I did not understand Jeff's explanation.

thanks, chefsos

RNR 08-11-2013 12:23 PM

Ok at this point I am wondering WTF the 29 crew is thinking~

chefsos 08-11-2013 12:29 PM

Look, Harvick's holding off Ambrose and...well, that was fun for a minute. The 9 is checking out now...oops, never mind, it's another yellow.