ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

-King- 12-28-2013 12:55 PM

I always wonder what the original storyline was. Jesse was supposed to be killed off after the first season or so, wonder how the series was planned to go without him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 12-28-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10314272)
I always wonder what the original storyline was. Jesse was supposed to be killed off after the first season or so, wonder how the series was planned to go without him.
Posted via Mobile Device

What? I couldn't imagine the show without Aaron Paul the rest of the way

-King- 12-28-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10315116)
What? I couldn't imagine the show without Aaron Paul the rest of the way

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/ar...anted=all&_r=0

“In my mind’s eye,” said Vince Gilligan, the creator of “Breaking Bad,” “I pictured a big season-ender for Season 1 in which Jesse Pinkman gets horribly murdered in a drug deal gone terribly wrong.” This would be, Mr. Gilligan added, “a very mechanical plot development that would force Walt to be guilty and second-guess his decision to become a drug dealer.”

Sure-Oz 12-28-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10315130)
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/ar...anted=all&_r=0

“In my mind’s eye,” said Vince Gilligan, the creator of “Breaking Bad,” “I pictured a big season-ender for Season 1 in which Jesse Pinkman gets horribly murdered in a drug deal gone terribly wrong.” This would be, Mr. Gilligan added, “a very mechanical plot development that would force Walt to be guilty and second-guess his decision to become a drug dealer.”

LOL, wow...would've been a totally different show

cosmo20002 12-29-2013 12:21 AM

Got sucked into watching this marathon on now. Should never have started. I had forgotten some of the 2nd and 3rd episode details. It's interesting to see them after knowing how it all ends. Forgot just how awesome Gus was in some of his early episodes.

With all of the discussion on here some time ago about the colors people wear and foreshadowing and stuff, I noticed the scene where Jane's dad is picking out a dress for her funeral. He's discussing it on the phone, and after some debate, he settles on a blue dress. Next scene a few seconds later, Skyler is wearing blue. So I guess Skyler's dead soon.

Next episode up is The Fly, so that seems a good time to break away from watching. :p

mr. tegu 12-29-2013 01:16 AM

I just finished the last eight episodes. I watched the first six on Thursday and finally finished the last two just moments ago. What an amazing show!

ThaVirus 12-29-2013 12:48 PM

I also got caught flipping back and forth between the marathon and some other movies on TV last night. I just happened to turn it on during "Fly"; I still don't see what everyone loved about that episode LMAO

notorious 12-29-2013 01:12 PM

"YOU DON'T LIKE 'Fly'?"

GASP

j/k

Lex Luthor 12-29-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10315814)
I also got caught flipping back and forth between the marathon and some other movies on TV last night. I just happened to turn it on during "Fly"; I still don't see what everyone loved about that episode LMAO

Nobody really loves that episode. A few people claim to love it in order to annoy everybody else.

notorious 12-29-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10316211)
Nobody really loves that episode. A few people claim to love it in order to annoy everybody else.

You aren't a smart enough viewer to "get" the brilliance of "Fly". /elitist BB fans

-King- 12-29-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10315814)

You don't understand art.

Lex Luthor 12-29-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10316219)
You aren't a smart enough viewer to "get" the brilliance of "Fly". /elitist BB fans

Yes, that is exactly the message they attempt to deliver.

ThaVirus 12-29-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10316219)

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10317123)
You don't understand art.

Ahhhhhh, I see.

Baby Lee 12-29-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

I don't view it as an outlier in either direction.

It was a different type of episode from the routine, and did some good things for character development/confirmation.

I think the series is better overall for it's existence, but can see how some are impatient/frustrated with its pace in the middle of all the crazy shit going on in the timeline.

Reaper16 12-30-2013 10:10 AM

You're all idiots.