ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft ****Official NFL 2012 Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258870)

OnTheWarpath15 04-28-2012 04:45 PM

Camp body, hopefully tucked away on PS.

|Zach| 04-28-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8578999)
That was a really good 7th round pick.

Agreed

|Zach| 04-28-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8579005)
Sorry I don't have aspergers for 7th round picks, dick.

Did Austin unlearn how to read social cues from other people when he made that post?

Strongside 04-28-2012 04:47 PM

I thought he was gone by now.

TimeForWasp 04-28-2012 04:47 PM

I liked the whole draft.

Urc Burry 04-28-2012 04:47 PM

Jesus... outside of QB, this offense almost seems flawless. Ridiculous how one position can set you back so far

OnTheWarpath15 04-28-2012 04:48 PM

This is a pretty fair assessment of "Big Game" Hemingway:

Quote:

Scouting Report
SCHEDULE & STATS

Share on google Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email More Sharing Services 4

A thick, stout wide out who is a tough guy to bring down in the open field. Displays natural coordination as a receiver, plucks the football well off his frame and adjusts well to the throw. Is at his best with the ball in his hands. Lacks straight-line speed and isn't going to outpace anyone to daylight at the next level. However, he's shifty and possesses a strong, powerful base. Is routinely able to shake off tacklers, keep his legs churning and create through contact. Shrugs off defenders well down the field and while he isn't a legit vertical threat he is a tough guy to bang and will outmuscle defenders in order to adjust and go get the football at its highest point.

Doesn't have a great first step off the line. Is a bit slow accelerating into his route and isn't going to eat up the cushion quickly. Displays the footwork and short area quickness to cleanly re-direct on sharply breaking routes, but is still developing as a route runner. Exhibits a good feel vs. zone coverage, knows where to sit down underneath and is adept at working the middle of the field. However, has a tendency to consistently gear down before changing directions, is tighter in the hips and doesn't generate much explosion when trying to separate.

Will get after it in the run game. Possesses a willingness to block on the outside, a strong, compact frame and will win for you on contact.

Impression: Isn't a dynamic athlete, but possesses good strength and is tough to bring down after the catch. However, isn't anything more than a fringe roster guy at best at this stage and is limited in what he can offer an NFL offense. Isn't worth a draft pick in my mind.

IMO, the bolded line is why we like him.

keg in kc 04-28-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8579003)
How you like him, Kyle? You're the most familiar with him.

I'm not the Kyle you were asking, but I like him. A lot. I did not expect another receiver, but he's somebody who I think could legitimately be a starter on the outside with a year or two of coaching. He has to work on his route running and (especially) his hands, but he could be a complete steal. It would not surprise me if he ended up being better in the NFL than he was in college. But it would also not surprise me if he's on the practice squad for two years and then cut. I'll take that gamble in the 7th.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-28-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 8579012)
Jesus... outside of QB, this offense almost seems flawless. Ridiculous how one position can set you back so far

Because it's the most important position. Sucks to be us. One day though...one day.

Ultra Peanut 04-28-2012 04:49 PM

Noice.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-28-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8579015)
I'm not the Kyle you were asking, but I like him. A lot. I did not expect another receiver, but he's somebody who I think could legitimately be a starter on the outside with a year or two of coaching. He has to work on his route running and (especially) his hands, but he could be a complete steal. It would not surprise me if he ended up being better in the NFL than he was in college.

lol yes you were the Kyle I was asking. You're a Michigan fan.

the Talking Can 04-28-2012 04:49 PM

checking back in

have to say, i'm pretty happy about day 3, this draft is not sexy, but they did check off the needs list

menzie comes from the best 3-4 in college, their secondary was incredible

Gray is just a great, smart pick in the 6th

even Hemingway is smart....take a flyer on a skill player

Quote:

2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Junior Hemingway, WR, Michigan
Hemingway is a tenacious wide receiver prospect that needs to work on the finer details of football, whether it is route running or other fundamental issues. As a route runner, he runs hard, yet cannot stay crisp in his route. He has little to no explosion moving in and out of his cuts, which doesn't allow him to separate. Hemingway can beat defensive backs over the top with good speed.

Missed handful of games throughout his career and was granted a medical redshirt in 2008, which may signal red flags for coaches.

Hemingway has the size and strength to attack downfield. He elevates well and has enough body control to make the big play. Since Michigan hasn't played with a pro-style offense, Hemingway has limited experience running refined routes. The inverse of that issue is that he has a lot of work on blocking downfield and sealing the edge.

Ultimately, Hemingway is the type of player who will be drafted on Day 3, but has the potential to develop into a legitimate No. 2 receiver after what will amount to a "redshirt" rookie season.

|Zach| 04-28-2012 04:49 PM

Really hoping Moeki can keep injury free as I think about our offense this year.

AustinChief 04-28-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8579003)
How you like him, Kyle? You're the most familiar with him.

Hemingway is interesting. I have seen him make some amazing catches. He is a big, strong guy but not super fast. He is also a really good blocker.

IF he can pick up the playbook and NFL routes (BIG IF), then he is immediately our 4th best WR and a likely replacement for Breaston down the road.

Strongside 04-28-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 8579012)

If we can stay healthy, I don't see how even Cassel can **** this thing up. Just too much talent.