ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2012 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259022)

KevB 06-19-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8690185)
I'm especially surprised with Harden. He's a great player who I thought had turned the corner. He's been awful 3 of 4 games. I feel bad for him. At least he's becoming more affordable lol

His 3 pt shooting has been streaky throughout his career, although better this year. So those misses aren't surprising I guess. But his inability to finish in the lane (his strength), the turnovers and the lack of awareness at times on defense have been truly surprising.

okcchief 06-19-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8690193)
Phil Jackson will heal your pain, okcchief.

I'd sign up for that in a second, but I think we're stuck with shitbag. I'd take Jerry Sloan even. Brooks is a free agent July 1st.

Brooks does stupid shit all the time. When games are this close it's the difference. Harden on
LeBron was my WTF are you doing moment tonight. Harden is too small to guard LeBron and he raped him.

KC_Connection 06-19-2012 10:40 PM

Series isn't over yet, Harden still has time to redeem himself. He may have to if OKC wants to have a chance.

KevB 06-19-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8690202)
I'd sign up for that in a second, but I think we're stuck with shitbag. I'd take Jerry Sloan even. Brooks is a free agent July 1st.

Brooks does stupid shit all the time. When games are this close it's the difference. Harden on
LeBron was my WTF are you doing moment tonight. Harden is too small to guard LeBron and he raped him.

Why doesn't he just put Thabo on LeBron from the jump? Rest Thabo when LeBron rests, otherwise he's on the floor. He gives LeBron as much trouble as I've ever seen anyone give him.

KC_Connection 06-19-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8690192)
The main difference between LeBron and KD is LeBron's passing. He really is a better version of Magic Johnson. After he gets this monkey off his back he'll probably really be dangerous.

My only thing ever against LeBron as a player is wanting to see him be more aggressive and take over. I think he's done a nice job of it this playoffs.

I'm old enough to remember people bagging in Jordan when he couldn't do shit against Detroit a few years. We know how that turned out.

That's what I've decided to cheer for the Heat in this one (well I'm mostly cheering for exciting basketball which we've gotten, but I'd like to see Miami win in the end). I'm just so tired of the bullshit narratives surrounding LeBron, they will all stop if Miami gets just one more game.

KevB 06-19-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8690203)
Series isn't over yet, Harden still has time to redeem himself. He may have to if OKC wants to have a chance.

Absolutely. I'd guess he comes back with a vengeance after that performance tonight. They need it, otherwise it's probably curtains.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-19-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8690202)

With a good coach you guys and the Heat will be alternating titles for the next 10 years.

chiefzilla1501 06-19-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8690174)
All this LeBron hate is dumb and based off things that happened years ago. Let if ****ing go, I mean you all really are worse human beings for holding on to that hate for so long.

All this LeBron hate is completely justified. He dug his own grave.
And there are lots of people who have every right to be upset.

Anybody who is a real fan of any team in any sport should understand why there are people who have every right to be upset.

Setsuna 06-19-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8690212)
All this LeBron hate is completely justified. He dug his own grave.
And there are lots of people who have every right to be upset.

Anybody who is a real fan of any team in any sport should understand why there are people who have every right to be upset.

No, fool. It was fine years ago when it happened. Now. LET IF ****ING GO.

PunkinDrublic 06-19-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8690164)
There's some truth to it, but you can't look at the history of Cleveland and not pity them.

They are the most cursed sports city in the country. It's not even close. The worst part is that LeBron grew up knowing that. You'd think he'd have a little sensitivity to that.

At some point you have to get over it. I understand their anger but eventually they became the whiney fat chick.

ThaVirus 06-19-2012 10:51 PM

I suspect OKC will put up a fight and win the next match, only to lose game 6...

KC_Connection 06-19-2012 10:51 PM

So people hate him because he, like many other NBA superstars these days, was a prima donna that held his original team hostage and left them for a better team? Who cares? That's pro sports for you, get used to it.

KevB 06-19-2012 10:53 PM

Durant & Westbrook shooting combined 51.1% in series with 237 points. Remaining Thunder players shooting 40.7% w/147 pts

chiefzilla1501 06-19-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8690216)
No, fool. It was fine years ago when it happened. Now. LET IF ****ING GO.

You should probably educate yourself on Cleveland sports history.

For the record, I don't just hate LeBron James. I actually think Dwight Howard is an even bigger douche bag. There's nothing he can do at this point that's going to change that opinion for me.

chiefzilla1501 06-19-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8690225)
So people hate him because he, like many other NBA superstars these days, was a prima donna that held his original team hostage and left them for a better team? Who cares? That's pro sports for you, get used to it.

There is no way that you can even in the slightest suggest that this was just a typical "leave for greener pastures" scenario. This will go down in history as by far one of the most tasteless exits in free agency history.