ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

okcchief 11-11-2012 10:30 PM

Remember that Harden never came into his own until after the Jeff Green trade. A lot of people seem to forget that. At the time the best thing about the trade to me was getting Harden and Ibaka Green's shots. When Harden became aggressive he was awesome. When Green was there he truly played like a bench player.

Pitt Gorilla 11-11-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9107964)
Irving could be every bit as good as Westbrook.

Think the best way to describe the Cavs is that with the cap space they have available, they can get a playmaker (won't be as good as Durant, but will be a playmaker nonetheless). And I believe they can get a terrific Center.

So the Cavs could end up having a deeper team than OKC with a better low post presence. Where OKC will always outmatch them is that they'll likely have better killer scorers than Cleveland will ever have.

who is this playmaker and who is the terrific center that sign with the cavs?

RustShack 11-11-2012 10:32 PM

Cleveland has 7 first rounds in the next 3 years, along with extra 2nds. They have the power to trade up and might be in the lottery at least this one more year.

mcaj22 11-11-2012 10:33 PM

that nutsack clown of an owner will end up pissing away those first rounders in trades because he can never sit still with his team, because its like he has add and is still butt hurt about Lebron so hes always trying to add parts

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9108098)
who is this playmaker and who is the terrific center that sign with the cavs?

Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that with the luxury tax kicking in, you can expect a LOT of teams to start dumping players. Maybe as soon as this year's trade deadline. And right now, the Cavs have an insane amount of picks and the second most cap space in the league to pick up some players.

Good timing, as you won't just see good players, you could see some really good players get shipped off than usual.

ohiobronco2 11-11-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9108109)
that nutsack clown of an owner will end up pissing away those first rounders in trades because he can never sit still with his team, because its like he has add and is still butt hurt about Lebron so hes always trying to add parts

I don't know what you're talking about. They have done nothing but acquire assets since James left. If anything, they cut some dead weight, stayed the course and drafted well. I think Chris Grant has done a solid job.

RustShack 11-11-2012 10:36 PM

I don't have a problem with him doing anything he could to put a team around LeBron. I think he did a good job, but Mike Brown just wasn't the right coach.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9108109)

It's hard to question their strategy. They've rebuilt their team minus LeBron the right away. During the rebuild, they held tight and acquired a really good nucleus of young talent while acquiring a ton of picks and opening up a ton of cap space.

Now they are in a position where the team is 1 or 2 key players away from a very good team. They will be a very attractive trade partner. And they can afford the top free agents a lot of teams cannot.

ohiobronco2 11-11-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9108117)
I don't have a problem with him doing anything he could to put a team around LeBron. I think he did a good job, but Mike Brown just wasn't the right coach.

I'm sure Laker fans agree. :p

okcchief 11-11-2012 10:40 PM

I just saw Ellington had 7 3s for the Grizz tonight. Where the **** did that come from???

KevB 11-11-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9108132)
I just saw Ellington had 7 3s for the Grizz tonight. Where the **** did that come from???

If he can be a threat from 3, along with Bayless, that bench is much better than last season. They had Mayo playing PG with the 2nd team last season, and he was ill equipped to handle that role. He killed them against the Clips. If they get Arthur back healthy, I love them as a dark horse in the West.

mcaj22 11-12-2012 12:09 AM

they match up well against the Heat because Memphis has a bunch of 6'9 to 7 foot guys that are like 250 lbs+ and the Heat just play Lebron or Bosh at the 5 pending the guy because they can match up with 90 percent of the league like that. Memphis is not one of those

okcchief 11-12-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9108209)
If he can be a threat from 3, along with Bayless, that bench is much better than last season. They had Mayo playing PG with the 2nd team last season, and he was ill equipped to handle that role. He killed them against the Clips. If they get Arthur back healthy, I love them as a dark horse in the West.

For sure. If they get solid guard play they will be a really tough out.

-King- 11-12-2012 12:16 AM

Memphis will be a good team in the playoffs. Even when they lose a series, the team they play won't be fresh going into the next round.

mcaj22 11-12-2012 12:35 AM

yea I like Memphis too, it's a bummer a team make up like that in a smaller market still has no shot at a title. I'd like to see a market with a team composition like that actually win one