ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   *********Official OSU vs LSU Thread************* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178248)

Skip Towne 01-07-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
In football - not lately. Certainly not on November 24, when it really, truly mattered.

In basketball - people who aren't from Kansas really don't care all that much. I know you have a hard time wrapping your mind around that. Personally, I don't really care about a game that women can play as easily as men.

Just your opinion. The Dance is far more popular than anything football has. Even better than the Super Bowl. It is my favorite event by far.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

In football - not lately. Certainly not on November 24, when it really, truly mattered.

If you only mean this year and last year as lately, okay. But Kansas won the previous 3 and it's been pretty even for the last decade or two.

I hope it's the beginning of many big games...

Bearcat 01-07-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
I know KU can play anybody, that a no doubter. I was wondering who KU might play was the question. If they were to play USC, that would have been a very tough tough tough challenge. But once I found out that it was VT, I knew KU has a chance, becuase of VT's ineptness on offense.

If I had known they hadn't improved since watching them barely beat ECU and getting raped vs. LSU in September, I would have been much more optimistic.

Pablo 01-07-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

In basketball - people who aren't from Kansas really don't care all that much. I know you have a hard time wrapping your mind around that. Personally, I don't really care about a game that women can play as easily as men.

Without being a homer, off the top of my head, when I think of some of the most storied and respected programs in basketball, I think: UCLA, North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, Indiana, Georgetown, UConn.

KU is respected nationally on that level. That's something you can't say for Mizzou football, and probably won't be able to for a very, very long time.

Skip Towne 01-07-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
If you only mean this year and last year as lately, okay. But Kansas won the previous 3 and it's been pretty even for the last decade or two.

I hope it's the beginning of many big games...

It's almost even throughout the long, long series. I think it is the longest football rivalry west of the Mississippi.

Stryker 01-07-2008 11:30 PM

VICTORY FOR LSU!

FUGGN A!

I will gladly accept that sig bet NOW (as previously stated)!

I will PM your NEW sig in the a.m.

L8TR!

NATIONAL CHAMPS (AGAIN!) BABY!

KC_Connection 01-07-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Before the bowls started, I figured the best thing about KU/VTech was that it was either going to be 'just another BCS blowout' or the best game of the BCS season.

I thought OSU, Illinois, Hawaii, WVU (I'm not much for the Big East), and Kansas would all get blown out... I was obviously very wrong about WVU, and I'm glad I was wrong about Kansas. :)

Edit: My real thought on Kansas was that they lucked out in getting VTech... I knew it was Kansas' best possible matchup, but in the end gave into the 'can't play with the big boys' hype.

I maintained all along that the KU/VT game would be the closest and most exciting of the bowls.

The people that said VT would blow out KU clearly hadn't watched enough of the two teams play this year.

Stryker 01-07-2008 11:46 PM

Where is kcchiefsfanGoLJ now?

BUMP

I talked NO smack at all - the field did the talking.

Skip Towne 01-08-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker
Where is kcchiefsfanGoLJ now?

BUMP

I talked NO smack at all - the field did the talking.

Chiefaroo bragged the other day that Wichita State beat you guys in BB this year. Are you guys really that shitty in BB?

Frazod 01-08-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88
Without being a homer, off the top of my head, when I think of some of the most storied and respected programs in basketball, I think: UCLA, North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, Indiana, Georgetown, UConn.

KU is respected nationally on that level. That's something you can't say for Mizzou football, and probably won't be able to for a very, very long time.

Again, I don't give a shit about basketball. Granted, I'll have a chuckle whenever you run into whoever is this year's Bucknell, but when it comes to watching a sport, basketball means next to nothing to me. I've been to three or four games in my life, and the last one I attended featured Michael Jordan wearing a Bulls uniform.

I grew up somewhere that had professional football and baseball teams. Sorry.

Pablo 01-08-2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Again, I don't give a shit about basketball. Granted, I'll have a chuckle whenever you run into whoever is this year's Bucknell, but when it comes to watching a sport, basketball means next to nothing to me. I've been to three or four games in my life, and the last one I attended featured Michael Jordan wearing a Bulls uniform.

I grew up somewhere that had professional football and baseball teams. Sorry.

Haha. Baseball is soooo much more entertaining than basketball. You probably care just a little bit about it when MU plays KU. And I bet you'd care quite a bit more than you might expect if MU were to miraculously sweep KU.

Frazod 01-08-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88
Haha. Baseball is soooo much more entertaining than basketball. You probably care just a little bit about it when MU plays KU. And I bet you'd care quite a bit more than you might expect if MU were to miraculously sweep KU.

Of course I hope MU beats KU. Doesn't matter whether they're playing football or baseball or bingo. But again, I DON'T CARE ABOUT BASKETBALL. Not the center of my universe. Not the center of most universes.

Pants 01-08-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Of course I hope MU beats KU. Doesn't matter whether they're playing football or baseball or bingo. But again, I DON'T CARE ABOUT BASKETBALL. Not the center of my universe. Not the center of most universes.

You don't care about basketball because MU has no BB program. March Madness > all.

KC_Connection 01-08-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Just have to add that basketball is a far more popular sport worldwide than football is.

Frazod 01-08-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
You don't care about basketball because MU has no BB program. March Madness > all.

I love you Kansas types posting on a FOOTBALL BB crowing about how basketball is the greatest thing ever. :whackit:

I lived in Chicago during the 90s. If that didn't turn me on to basketball, nothing will.