ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

jd1020 09-23-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8937456)
Didn't hear that about Tomlin, but that's irrelevant to my point.

I'm talking about the organiztion, that starts with the Rooneys, not the head coach.

Not sure how its irrelevant. The coach wanted the guy they forced out and didn't exactly want the guy they forced in. After all, it is his staff. If you are trying to deny daddies influence then you are blind.

PRIEST 09-23-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8937390)
Haley needed to grow up aand learn to delegate.

Those were his major faults.

But if given another chance with another team, and he grows and learns between now and then, I expect him to be a damn good head coach.

This

Rausch 09-23-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8937462)
Not sure how its irrelevant. The coach wanted the guy they forced out and didn't exactly want the guy they forced in. After all, it is his staff. If you are trying to deny daddies influence then you are blind.

I think what they wanted most was a strong willed OC that would be willing to argue with Ben about his "balls out" play and prolong his career.

I doubt he's there next year...

milkman 09-23-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8937462)

I am not blind.

Show where loyalty has dictated a decision that that organization has made in the last 30 years.

It hasn't happened.

What you are suggesting is that Todd Haley is the lone exception to the rule.

I'll base my belief on 30 years of history.

You can base yours on some bullshit exception.

jd1020 09-23-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8937466)
I think what they wanted most was a strong willed OC that would be willing to argue with Ben about his "balls out" play and prolong his career.

I doubt he's there next year...

I heard something similar.

Heard the Rooney's wanted to get back to the smash mouth run first oriented offense of the past. Which would prolong Roethlisbergers career. Shame Roethlisberger doesn't feel the same way.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8937390)
Haley needed to grow up aand learn to delegate.

Those were his major faults.

But if given another chance with another team, and he grows and learns between now and then, I expect him to be a damn good head coach.

You can tell that the discipline and passion was there, but as you pointed out, he just didn't have the total package.

SAUTO 09-23-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8937389)
No, it is a ridiculous argument to bring up 2 games and pretend that's representative of his entire coaching career. The Buffalo blowout in 2011 was based on a gamble that didn't work. It's not representative of typical Todd Haley football, and it's laughable to suggest otherwise.

RAC, on the other hand... the 2 games we are seeing are exactly the things we saw from the Browns.

We got blown out multiple times in his career here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob 09-23-2012 05:50 PM

I hate the Raiders but, it will be funny if he goes 0-2 against the AFC West... That would sound about right to me.

chiefzilla1501 09-23-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8942392)
We got blown out multiple times in his career here.
Posted via Mobile Device

In the past 2 seasons, when Cassel was the starting QB, we were blown out 5 games out of 25. 2 of those games were the Detroit/Buffalo gamble that didn't work. One of those games was the Baltimore game, which you can blame almost squarely on Cassel.

The rest of the blowouts happened with Palko or Croyle at the helm, both of whom put up abysmal performances.

The blowout thing is completely overblown.

petegz28 09-23-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8937389)
No, it is a ridiculous argument to bring up 2 games and pretend that's representative of his entire coaching career. The Buffalo blowout in 2011 was based on a gamble that didn't work. It's not representative of typical Todd Haley football, and it's laughable to suggest otherwise.

RAC, on the other hand... the 2 games we are seeing are exactly the things we saw from the Browns.

Dude, Haley owns the largest % of Chiefs blowouts

LiveSteam 09-23-2012 06:03 PM

Todd will pay with his life for this loss

SAUTO 09-23-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8943302)
In the past 2 seasons, when Cassel was the starting QB, we were blown out 5 games out of 25. 2 of those games were the Detroit/Buffalo gamble that didn't work. One of those games was the Baltimore game, which you can blame almost squarely on Cassel.

The rest of the blowouts happened with Palko or Croyle at the helm, both of whom put up abysmal performances.

The blowout thing is completely overblown.

lol. Haley had the largest % of blowouts in chiefs history
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief 09-23-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8943324)
Todd will pay with his life for this loss

Didn't the Steelers offense play well?

BryanBusby 09-23-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8943415)

A lot of turn overs.

Black Bob 09-23-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8943415)

They might have won if he knew how to run the ball. Same problem he had in KC. He's now 0-2 against the AFC West as the Steeler's OC. I hope we beat his ass.