ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ****Official **** You Mike Mayock Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270155)

Messier 02-19-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9414731)
I'm starting to accept that the Jags might be stuck with taking Geno.

But seriously I'm guessing a high 4.6 low 4.7

Right.

Messier 02-19-2013 12:51 AM

If the Eagles did take Smith, I'd call them right after the pick an say, forget a 3rd or4th, we'll give you a 5th for Foles. Take it or leave it, he's clearly not in your plans.

patteeu 02-19-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9414517)
I question someone's fandom if they can turn it off like a light.

Yeah, I guess it's just another variant on the fair weather fan concept.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-19-2013 07:51 AM

So, Geno is good enough for the Eagles top 5, but not for us at 1, AND we get the leftover QB they don't want...THE CHIEFWAY!!!

O.city 02-19-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9414825)

Calling a Chief fan at this point a fair weather fan, is a little out of touch.

BossChief 02-19-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9414889)
So, Geno is good enough for the Eagles top 5, but not for us at 1, AND we get the leftover QB they don't want...THE CHIEFWAY!!!

TO THE BBQ!

Bad
Backup
Quarterback

BossChief 02-19-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Let's say you have been taking your family to the same restaurant for years and years and even though the food has never been great, it's used to be good and the staff and usual customer base makes it enjoyable to go there with your family. But, Over the last couple years the quality of the food has dropped to where nobody even finishes their meals anymore, nor do they want to take the leftovers. It's gotten to the point where the staff has left and been replaced with bland people and the normal customers don't go there anymore. On top of that, their prices have gone up.

The last couple times you went there, a kid got sick from the food.

What you are suggesting is that we would be bad people unless we continue to go back to this restaurant.

patteeu 02-19-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9414904)
Calling a Chief fan at this point a fair weather fan, is a little out of touch.

I didn't call anyone a fair weather fan, but if the circumstances arise, it will be "Chiefs fan" that is inappropriate.

If drafting a lineman has no other merits, it might at least clean out the fanbase a bit.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Except that most of the people saying that, including me, have been saying it for over a year.

And we've been fans for DECADES.

It's pretty ****ing obvious that we can't just "turn it off" like a light or we ****ING WOULD HAVE ALREADY.

Your high horse is shitting in the street, Pat.

patteeu 02-19-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9414919)
Let's say you have been taking your family to the same restaurant for years and years and even though the food has never been great, it's used to be good and the staff and usual customer base makes it enjoyable to go there with your family. But, Over the last couple years the quality of the food has dropped to where nobody even finishes their meals anymore, nor do they want to take the leftovers. It's gotten to the point where the staff has left and been replaced with bland people and the normal customers don't go there anymore. On top of that, their prices have gone up.

The last couple times you went there, a kid got sick from the food.

What you are suggesting is that we would be bad people unless we continue to go back to this restaurant.

I think you should have stopped going to that restaurant a long time ago.

I didn't say being a fair weather fan makes you a bad person. That's not my approach to spectator sports, but you're welcome to jump from odds-on favorite to odds-on favorite if you want to. Or maybe you can pick 5 or 6 good teams and root for them all to improve your shot at a championship.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9414972)
I think you should have stopped going to that restaurant a long time ago.

I didn't say being a fair weather fan makes you a bad person. That's not my approach to spectator sports, but you're welcome to jump from odds-on favorite to odds-on favorite if you want to. Or maybe you can pick 5 or 6 good teams and root for them all to improve your shot at a championship.

Dude, has anybody here even INTIMATED they would engage in that type of behavior?

Why do you feel the need to suddenly act like a troll?

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9414960)
Except that most of the people saying that, including me, have been saying it for over a year.

And we've been fans for DECADES.

It's pretty ****ing obvious that we can't just "turn it off" like a light or we ****ING WOULD HAVE ALREADY.

Your high horse is shitting in the street, Pat.

The fanbase can be split into three groups:

1. People who are planning to continue rooting for the Chiefs whether they are happy with the draft or not. This is my approach.

2. People who will quit being fans of the Chiefs if they don't draft the right guy. This is a type of fair weather fan whether those people like the label or not.

3. People who say they'll quit bein fans if the Chiefs draft the wrong player but who won't actually follow through. These people are emotional bores.

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9414983)
Dude, has anybody here even INTIMATED they would engage in that type of behavior?

Why do you feel the need to suddenly act like a troll?

Why is it that not falling into lockstep with you and the rest of the majority is "acting like a troll?"

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415003)
The fanbase can be split into three groups:

1. People who are planning to continue rooting for the Chiefs whether they are happy with the draft or not. This is my approach.

2. People who will quit being fans of the Chiefs if they don't draft the right guy. This is a type of fair weather fan whether those people like the label or not.

3. People who say they'll quit bein fans if the Chiefs draft the wrong player but who won't actually follow through. These people are emotional bores.

I am firmly in camp #2.

I've been a fan for THIRTY YEARS. I've put up with loss after playoff loss.

How in the **** can you arrive at the conclusion that somebody who has been a fan for 3 decades is "fairweather".

You're trolling.

Or your stupid.

Take your pick.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415010)
Why is it that not falling into lockstep with you and the rest of the majority is "acting like a troll?"

ROFL

That doesn't have anything to do with it and you know it.

Take your jackboot rhetoric back to DC.