ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Braincase 05-06-2013 12:41 PM

Link

Ben McLemore’s former AAU coach says KU knew nothing about middleman

Darius Cobb, the former AAU coach of Ben McLemore, who told USA Today he was paid $10,000 and travel expenses from a middleman, who allegedly represented agents and financial advisers, on Monday issued a news release through Coburn Enterprise, LLC based in Florissant, Mo.

In the release, Cobb, who is not speaking directly to the media at this time, said Kansas University officials knew nothing about middleman Rodney Blackstock’s involvement with Cobb, despite the fact Blackstock attended three KU games using complimentary tickets on McLemore’s KU pass list.

“I want the media, KU Fans, and public to know University of Kansas, Head Coach Bill Self, nor any members of the Athletic Department had any knowledge or involvement,” Cobb said in an exact wording of his statement.
Repeating what he said in the USA Today article, Cobb added: “I don’t want to hurt the McLemore family, I want to protect the family. If there had to be a bad guy, if there had to be a fall guy, let it be me, as opposed to ruining a great kid who has busted his butt to get where he is. Let me be the crooked AAU coach. I was willing to take the brunt of it for the sake of this kid. I wanted to keep him pure.”

Cobb, who has been unable to reach McLemore — the KU player has reportedly changed his phone number and McLemore’s mother has changed her number — wants to get word to McLemore that Blackstock is not a licensed agent. The release, in fact, refers to Blackstock as an “alleged agent.”

Cobb believes it is possible McLemore is planning on having Blackstock represent him and says McLemore needs to know he is not licensed.

Cobb, in the release, says Blackstock gave him money to give to the family, because he wanted Cobb to steer McLemore toward Blackstock, which has happened. Cobb, 41, has known McLemore since the player was in the sixth grade, and he began coaching McLemore when the player was 15 years old.

Blackstock has been unavailable for comment. KU coach Self said Sunday he had no comment on the McLemore matter.

Braincase 05-08-2013 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this... baseball could be interesting this weekend.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-12-2013 07:12 PM

JayhawkSlant ‏@JayhawkSlant 31m
Andrew Wiggins will sign with the school of his choice on Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. Shay #kubball

Mr. Plow 05-12-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9677821)
JayhawkSlant ‏@JayhawkSlant 31m
Andrew Wiggins will sign with the school of his choice on Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. Shay #kubball

I really thought he had already chosen UK.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-12-2013 07:20 PM

One member of the press will be there, a Huntington writer, no TV.

Pants 05-12-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9677825)
I really thought he had already chosen UK.

I think he probably has.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-12-2013 07:23 PM

@22wiggins: As you focus on the little things, the bigger ones will get you

Mr. Plow 05-12-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9677834)
I think he probably has.

Likely. It's why I gave up on following recruiting a long time ago.

Ceej 05-12-2013 07:42 PM

So any tweets out there to tease our tip and give us false hope?

Mr. Plow 05-12-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9677870)
So any tweets out there to tease our tip and give us false hope?

Yup...

HawkinHutch @HawkinHutch 7m
SHUT UP N00B!

BWillie 05-12-2013 09:10 PM

I say FSU or UK. Zero chance hes going to KU. Zero.

Bambi 05-13-2013 11:32 AM

Jeff Borzello: "I think he ends up at Florida State. The Seminoles have been involved with him the longest time, and the family connection is a huge advantage for Leonard Hamilton. Wiggins isn't a fan of overwhelming media attention, and he would be able to avoid that somewhat in Tallahassee. Moreover, he would get to be the go-to-guy from Day 1."

Jeff Goodman: "Florida State, but don't count out Kansas."

Gary Parrish: Florida State. "Combine the family's connection to the school with Leonard Hamilton's reputation as an elite recruiter with the fact that Wiggins won't really have to share the ball in Tallahassee."

Matt Norlander: "FSU."

Bambi 05-13-2013 11:35 AM

Jason McIntyre @TheBigLead

Wiggins at UK: undefeated talk. Wiggins at Kansas: Final 4 contender. Wiggins at FSU? 2nd round, like Durant at Texas

Bambi 05-13-2013 11:36 AM

Evan Daniels @EvanDanielsFOX

Not saying Kansas is getting Andrew Wiggins, but they are/have been more in the mix than many are giving them credit for.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-13-2013 11:37 AM

I hope he goes to FSU.