ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Reaper16 03-16-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10495999)
I was fine with the direction they headed with the show, they just gave to much of a "happy" ending to Walt. He got away with getting basically everything he wanted.

I agree with you. I think the finale was the worst episode of the show by a wide margin, so poor that it taints the whole of the series.

dirk digler 03-16-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

I was fine with the direction they headed with the show, they just gave to much of a "happy" ending to Walt. He got away with getting basically everything he wanted.

I disagree. He lost everything that mattered to him.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-16-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Losing his family and dying is a happy ending?

Sfeihc 03-16-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10495445)
ROFL @ 8:49, stay to the end for his run time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cYD8MLH6OD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love Top Gear on the BBC.:) The American version is painful to watch. What's up with the Jimi Hendrix version of the Paul segment?

dmahurin 03-16-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 10496291)
Losing his family and dying is a happy ending?

His kids got the money, he never saw the inside of a jail, he killed everyone that would/could harm his family, and he saw his kids again before it happened. He died as happily as he could have with the circumstances.

dirk digler 03-16-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10496307)
He died as happily as he could have with the circumstances.

I agree with that but that is not a happy ending by any stretch. His family hates him, one of them is dead because of him and his other "son" wants to be far away from him as possible.

Reaper16 03-16-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10496326)
I agree with that but that is not a happy ending by any stretch. His family hates him, one of them is dead because of him and his other "son" wants to be far away from him as possible.

It's not happy but it is ultimately presented as redemptive, which is horseshit.

Baby Lee 03-16-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10496305)
Love Top Gear on the BBC.:) The American version is painful to watch. What's up with the Jimi Hendrix version of the Paul segment?

Not to derail the thread on a show that's been over for months, but the Top Gear Christmas special was very educational.

They're on a trek across Burma, which includes The Shan, where apparently no Western film crew have been before. And God was it beautiful.

And I'm 99% sure I saw a vendor selling Durian.

-King- 03-17-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10496251)
I agree with you. I think the finale was the worst episode of the show by a wide margin, so poor that it taints the whole of the series.

You just aren't receptive to art.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise 03-17-2014 11:50 AM

I didn't have a problem with the final episode. It got a little cartoonish, but I think the series always had a little of that in it. It had to wrap up. It wasn't the Sopranos or the Wire. I think they knew what they were and they did it until the end.

Cmd'r&Chief 03-17-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10496251)

What did you not like about it? It was a perfect ending to the story

Deberg_1990 03-17-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 10497980)
What did you not like about it? It was a perfect ending to the story

I liked it, but I think some fans thought it wrapped up a little too neatly.

Overall, the 2 or 3 episodes before the finale were probably stronger, but the finale is still pretty strong.

Personally, I didn't like the framing device of the last season. I wish they had not of already shown a scruffy, ruined Walt at the beginning of the season. Left some mystery.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 03-17-2014 06:08 PM

Just re-watched those final few episodes..

So good. So, so good.

Cmd'r&Chief 03-17-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10498758)
I liked it, but I think some fans thought it wrapped up a little too neatly.

Overall, the 2 or 3 episodes before the finale were probably stronger, but the finale is still pretty strong.

Personally, I didn't like the framing device of the last season. I wish they had not of already shown a scruffy, ruined Walt at the beginning of the season. Left some mystery.
Posted via Mobile Device

All valid points. I myself have little nitpicks. Like how Walt got Grechin and what's his nuts, to give all the drug money to his family. But in the end,I find myself saying, the whole ****ing series was about Walt leaving money to his family. ...How shitty would it have been if he didn't get to leave the money for the family. I think that would have bothered me more in the end.

dirk digler 03-17-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10496557)
It's not happy but it is ultimately presented as redemptive, which is horseshit.

How would you have ended it? If you wanted a realistic ending he dies by the cops in a shootout or blows himself up in a meth lab