ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-20-2013 02:45 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...on-percentage/

What will Clay say now? From his own PFF

Mr_Tomahawk 03-20-2013 02:47 PM

Mike Clay‏@MikeClayNFL2m
Found it interesting that, albeit on small sample, Alex Smith was one of the better deep-ball throwers in 12 http://bit.ly/XZR5Po #Chiefs

Mother****erJones 03-20-2013 02:47 PM

He doesn't have the biggest arm but hell complete deep balls

Hammock Parties 03-20-2013 02:47 PM

That was basically the first thing I said about Alex Smith weeks ago, that he was #1 in accuracy percentage, so I am not surprised.

It's also not hard to rank #1 in that stat when you throw gobs and gobs of high percentage passes.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9516351)
He doesn't have the biggest arm but hell complete deep balls

He completed 9. LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-20-2013 03:00 PM

I hope Andy Reid does not think he is the Bob Vila of run down QBs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-20-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9516387)
I hope Andy Reid does not think he is the Bob Vila of run down QBs.

Or the Tim Taylor of third round trash...
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs316 03-20-2013 10:49 PM

If not for this move, how happy we could have been.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-20-2013 10:59 PM

Yep.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175 03-20-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs316 (Post 9517410)
If not for this move, how happy we could have been.

We will find out in 2-3 years. Until then, there's no way to really tell.

For all we know, Alex could be with us for 6 years, and have 4 seasons with 10 or more wins, and 6 seasons with 8 or more.

At that point, would we really condemn this trade? I Don't think I would, unless Geno produces like, 3 super bowl wins.

Walrus 03-20-2013 11:30 PM

How would this place be if Geno has an RG3 type rookie season and Alex Smith sucks with us? Scary to think.

Exoter175 03-20-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrus (Post 9517469)
How would this place be if Geno has an RG3 type rookie season and Alex Smith sucks with us? Scary to think.

The same as it sits with us now, except for one season removed.

But what happens if the season after that Alex goes all Tom Brady on everyone and suddenly he just clicks, like he has under Harbaugh?

Or say, heaven forbid, Alex is with us for 7 years, and in his 6th year, after 5 average seasons, showing a little upside and being a top 12-16 QB, we win a super bowl.

Do we all of a sudden come back to this thread and say "hey, we were all stupid for doubting reid's execution here".

Because in the long run, what are we after?

Do we want a top 5 QB, future hall of famer, and perennial playoff contending caliber QB, or do we want a guy who won us a super bowl?

I'd be reluctant to answer that myself, and I'd bet the fanbase was pretty close to a 50/50 split on it.

Jonny Thunder 03-20-2013 11:37 PM

One thing this forum has in common with that day care center Chiefscrowd, is a copious amount of tears. Can you poor QB impoverished people look past your programming? You have some good players and send 6 to the Pro Bowl while skimming the bottom of the ocean like a whale turd all season. Then you got a true general of a QB in Alex Smith and some others. You have a GREAT coach! He's better than Harbaugh folks. You have to get into the Alex Smith story to come to the conclusions that better evaluators of talent than yourselves have come to. And Alex had steady improvement and downright moments of brilliance before Harbaugh came to the Niners. I'm not going to pour all that into this forum. You guys need to true up. Did you guys watch Smith last year? 2011? Prior years?

I'm rooting for the Chiefs. I'm expecting to see a controlled and disciplined offense, the shine of inspired losers turned winners, and yes, some hiccups as the whole top end is new. But be patient. I think it'll be good.

I am new to this forum. I am usually sarcastic and at times a bombastic individual. I am a fan. I hope the rules here don't require me to take off my shoes when I sign in, wash my hands after going to the bathroom or excuse myself for farting during conversation. But I don't threaten or get nasty and I figure this is all tongue in cheek and in good fun. I'm guessing most of you guys are 12 years old.

Walrus 03-20-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9517477)
The same as it sits with us now, except for one season removed.

But what happens if the season after that Alex goes all Tom Brady on everyone and suddenly he just clicks, like he has under Harbaugh?

Or say, heaven forbid, Alex is with us for 7 years, and in his 6th year, after 5 average seasons, showing a little upside and being a top 12-16 QB, we win a super bowl.

Do we all of a sudden come back to this thread and say "hey, we were all stupid for doubting reid's execution here".

Because in the long run, what are we after?

Do we want a top 5 QB, future hall of famer, and perennial playoff contending caliber QB, or do we want a guy who won us a super bowl?

I'd be reluctant to answer that myself, and I'd bet the fanbase was pretty close to a 50/50 split on it.

So Dan Marino or Trent Dilfer? Hmm...

Exoter175 03-20-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny Thunder (Post 9517481)
One thing this forum has in common with that day care center Chiefscrowd, is a copious amount of tears. Can you poor QB impoverished people look past your programming? You have some good players and send 6 to the Pro Bowl while skimming the bottom of the ocean like a whale turd all season. Then you got a true general of a QB in Alex Smith and some others. You have a GREAT coach! He's better than Harbaugh folks. You have to get into the Alex Smith story to come to the conclusions that better evaluators of talent than yourselves have come to. And Alex had steady improvement and downright moments of brilliance before Harbaugh came to the Niners. I'm not going to pour all that into this forum. You guys need to true up. Did you guys watch Smith last year? 2011? Prior years?

I'm rooting for the Chiefs. I'm expecting to see a controlled and disciplined offense, the shine of inspired losers turned winners, and yes, some hiccups as the whole top end is new. But be patient. I think it'll be good.

I am new to this forum. I am usually sarcastic and at times a bombastic individual. I am a fan. I hope the rules here don't require me to take off my shoes when I sign in, wash my hands after going to the bathroom or excuse myself for farting during conversation. But I don't threaten or get nasty and I figure this is all tongue in cheek and in good fun. I'm guessing most of you guys are 12 years old.

First post on CP

"True General of a QB in Alex Smith"

I just went to QT to pickup some late night coffee to do some homework, and thanks to my catlike reflexes, didn't spit up my coffee from reading that, but it was a close one.:D