ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

RealSNR 02-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9392408)
I'm afraid to turn anything on around you Mr. Rape. You seem to be classless and deranged.

There is no way you chose those particular words and are not a troll.

Go the **** away whoever the **** you are. Get raped.

ChiefsCountry 02-10-2013 08:38 PM

So whose mult is HotCarl lol.

Frankie 02-10-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9392053)
Yep.

All other avenues he tried were ultra fail.

He's not about to risk his new job on some slapdick QB.

Deep down we all felt that was the case with Piolli too.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9391840)
Trading for Matt Cassel was considered baby steps. Gotta walk before you can run. Gotta win a playoff game before you win a Super Bowl.

How about we stop with the small goals? How about if a guy can't be a Super Bowl-quality player, we don't acquire him? Let's do that instead of guys that can just be good enough for the playoffs. That's what we've been doing up to this point, and it hasn't worked.

Alex Smith can't/won't win a Super Bowl. Regardless of how good the Chiefs have been in the past, he's not worth our time or our money. Period.

I hated the Cassel trade and don't want Alex Smith, even for a single year.

The issue I'm seeing is that there are many people convinced that G. Smith is a savior and should be acquired, regardless of whether or not he's worthy of being number #1 overall. And if he's not, Reid is a failure.

It's really quite bizarre.

milkman 02-10-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9392457)

The issue I'm seeing is that there are many people convinced that G. Smith is a savior and should be acquired, regardless of whether or not he's worthy of being number #1 overall. And if he's not, Reid is a failure.

No, we see a talented QB with a lot of potential, and what should be easily fixed mechanical issues.

We also see an opportunity to take the best QB in his class, and understand there's some risk involved, but the potential reward is greater than the risk in this new CBA era.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9392457)

Dude, I think I'm just going to have to leave these posts alone until the draft is over. I really do think you're grossly misrepresenting what people believe about Geno Smith on this board.

Geno Smith MIGHT be a Super Bowl QB. He has the potential. And if he goes to KC, he'll have the coaching staff to put him in that position. He's not a savior, but lots of people like him and want him to be a Chief. You don't have to label it as a religious fervor. In fact, you SHOULDN'T. Because that's not what's going on. At all.

Alex Smith will NOT be a Super Bowl QB. Ever. Barring, of course, a Trent Dilfer-like experience, which I'm not anticipating to happen in the NFL ever again.

That's why so many people are positive on Geno and negative on Alex Smith.

If Andy drafts Geno Smith, and Geno busts, Andy is not a failure. If Andy punts on this QB issue in year one by trading for Alex Smith/Matt Flynn/Nick Foles, then yes, he absolutely IS a failure. Right out of the gate. No questions asked.

Reerun_KC 02-10-2013 08:53 PM

Draft a QB or be fired....

B14ckmon 02-10-2013 09:38 PM

Tyler Wilson will probably be the best QB in the draft. Imagine if the Raiders took him and just went off.

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:39 PM

That's too bad Frankie. :(

Frankie 02-10-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9392700)
That's too bad Frankie. :(

Fret not. Getting a chance to remove your ultra annoying signature is quite tempting. But I still don't play these silly betting games.

:)

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9392721)
Fret not. Getting a chance to remove your ultra annoying signature is quite tempting. But I still don't play these silly betting games.

:)

LMAO

I would have ****ing worn my new sig with pride had you agreed and won.

NJChiefsFan 02-10-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9392408)
I'm afraid to turn anything on around you Mr. Rape. You seem to be classless and deranged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9392419)
There is no way you chose those particular words and are not a troll.

Go the **** away whoever the **** you are. Get raped.

ROFL

patteeu 02-10-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392032)
And just like I said, you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

Yeah, you don't think Tim Tebow was a great college QB and I'm the guy who doesn't have a clue. Brilliant.

patteeu 02-10-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9392173)
Assumption? It's a fact based on history.

Do you think Alex smith is the guy to buck that trend?

I doubt that Alex Smith is the guy to buck that trend for the same reason you're sure of it. But neither of us are in a position to judge, which is why we resort to crude guesses based on historical statistics.

It's not a "fact" based on history. If history could produce facts like that, nothing would ever happen for the first time, which is preposterous.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 11:04 PM

History shows that first round quarterbacks win Super Bowls. Well, here is one likely available for no draft picks. He would normally never be on the market, except he lost his job due to injury. This is the best shot any team has had in years to get a franchise quarterback for pennies on the dollar.