ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scott Pioli's first press conference thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200312)

dorseybowe 01-14-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 5391624)
Veryinsightfulpostyouhavethere.Iwouldliketocompeteforthehardestposttoreadeveralso.Youareverygiftedat theartofbothwritingandassuminghowcompletestrangersfeel.congrats:thumb:

What? (scratching head)

DCS - Check the Star - full video

KcMizzou 01-14-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 5391658)
.500 could win the west next year - it did this one.:)

Well, there are the perennial Super Bowl Favorite Chargers to contend with.

T-post Tom 01-14-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5391633)
Do we have a link to the recorded PC, audio or video?

(added to the thread starter)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-14-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorseybowe (Post 5391659)
What? (scratching head)

DCS - Check the Star - full video

Thank you. REP!

FloridaMan88 01-14-2009 08:22 PM

Professor Bob Moore is pathetic in this press conference.

Brock 01-14-2009 09:02 PM

Good lord, this guy is so completely different from Peterson. This is great stuff.

FringeNC 01-14-2009 09:03 PM

Listening to the press conference again...

There is going to be a dramatic change in the Chiefs' organizational philosophy. The Chiefs during Carl's reign [with the probable exception of Vermeil's offense] have been a team that attempted to collect outstanding athletes and the coaches job was to motivate them to play hard and win one-on-one match-ups.

The Pioli way is going to be quite different -- going after smart, disciplined guys who may not be quite as athletic but can be counted on to do their ****ing job, and the coaches' job will be to get the players to execute flawlessly. Needless to say, Herm doesn't fit.

DaFace 01-14-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 5391807)
Listening to the press conference again...

There is going to be a dramatic change in the Chiefs' organizational philosophy. The Chiefs during Carl's reign [with the probable exception of Vermeil's offense] have been a team that attempted to collect outstanding athletes and the coaches job was to motivate them to play hard and win one-on-one match-ups.

The Pioli way is going to be quite different -- going after smart, disciplined guys who may not be quite as athletic but can be counted on to do their ****ing job, and the coaches' job will be to get the players to execute flawlessly. Needless to say, Herm doesn't fit.

Yep. By far my favorite quote of the entire press conference was (paraphrasing) "My philosophy is not to get the BEST 53 players, but to get the RIGHT 53 players."

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-14-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5391804)
Good lord, this guy is so completely different from Peterson. This is great stuff.

There's some "meh" moments, but overall you gotta' love it. I have to say that this "cold shoulder/out of the loop" stuff that some members of the media have been crying about may be just the wonderful fact that Pioli is a very commited and thus busy guy doing his job who doesn't HAVE a lot of time to commit to a bunch of mic-monkeys.

DCS LIKES!

Hammock Parties 01-14-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5391829)
There's some "meh" moments, but overall you gotta' love it. I have to say that this "cold shoulder/out of the loop" stuff that some members of the media have been crying about may be just the wonderful fact that Pioli is a very commited and thus busy guy doing his job who doesn't HAVE a lot of time to commit to a bunch of mic-monkeys.

DCS LIKES!

I actually like that, too, believe it or not.

Carl spent too much time worrying about the media.

BigRock 01-14-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5391343)
It is interesting that on the Chiefs' website that have quotes from people around the league praising Pioli... the one guy they don't have a quote from is Herm.

The one guy? You're saying they have quotes on the site from everyone involved in the National Football League, and/or every employee of the Kansas City Chiefs, except for Herman Edwards?

boogblaster 01-14-2009 09:35 PM

Well the Pats won SBs with smart players .. some not as fast but knew their jobs and played with heart ..

Zouk 01-14-2009 09:35 PM

Wow. He's phenomenal. And he exudes decency.

FringeNC 01-14-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 5391819)
Yep. By far my favorite quote of the entire press conference was (paraphrasing) "My philosophy is not to get the BEST 53 players, but to get the RIGHT 53 players."

I also liked the answer to Gretz's question about scouting....

this seemed to be the order of importance

1) is the guy a team player
2) does he fit our system
3) how athletic is he

This team is going to blown completely apart.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-14-2009 09:38 PM

Sweet Jesus; his Combine philosophy and mine jive 100%

Thank you Don Pioli, and Welcome To Kansas City!