ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

htismaqe 12-11-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9200226)
No Pennington had a stronger arm coming out of college. His arm strength was never the greatest but he didn't have the arm issues until after the shoulder issues. Not to mention Pennington was a much more cerebral than Barkley.

Yeah, Pennington had a bunch of shoulder problems.

kcbubb 12-11-2012 06:08 PM

Tyler Wilson is average. He is about 6'2". Doesn't have a big arm. Hasn't been successful without Petrino. Petrino made Brian Brohm into a 2nd rounder.

Bray is a much better prospect than Wilson. He is about 6'5" or 6'6" and has a big arm. He shows big time potential at times. He is a boom or bust prospect. That would be taking the big risk. It is bad when your head coach says that you (Bray) need to become a leader and you are the QB. I don't know that I would take Bray with the first pick, but I definitely would not take Wilson. Low ceiling.

RealSNR 12-11-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9200669)
Tyler Wilson is average. He is about 6'2". Doesn't have a big arm. Hasn't been successful without Petrino. Petrino made Brian Brohm into a 2nd rounder.

Bray is a much better prospect than Wilson. He is about 6'5" or 6'6" and has a big arm. He shows big time potential at times. He is a boom or bust prospect. That would be taking the big risk. It is bad when your head coach says that you (Bray) need to become a leader and you are the QB. I don't know that I would take Bray with the first pick, but I definitely would not take Wilson. Low ceiling.

Tedford coached Aaron Rodgers. Not a good idea. The Packers don't want another Kyle Boller on their hands

Tribal Warfare 12-11-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

The kid really does remind me of Marino, it just depends if he wants to take his craft seriously.

gohogs14 12-11-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Bray's arm is stronger but Wilson's is strong too. I would have liked to see what wilson could have done with Tennessee's WR group this year.

I don't see how Bray is much different than Ryan Mallett besides mobility. He does have potential though but his OL and WRs were much better than what wilson had to work with (besides hamilton)

Tribal Warfare 12-11-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9200808)
Bray's arm is stronger but Wilson's is strong too. I would have liked to see what wilson could have done with Tennessee's WR group this year.

I don't see how Bray is much different than Ryan Mallett besides mobility. He does have potential though but his OL and WRs were much better than what wilson had to work with (besides hamilton)

badly, they collectively have stone hands.

Sorter 12-11-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9200812)
badly, they collectively have stone hands.

I thought that Patterson and Hunter were supposed to be good?

Urc Burry 12-11-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9200816)

They are...both will go in the top 10 rounds. Hunter may be the 1st WR taken

Tribal Warfare 12-11-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9200816)

they are athletic, but they have stalled so many drives with bad drops it's not even funny. Bray wasn't Casseling the throws either, they were on the hands drops.

Sorter 12-11-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 9200822)
They are...both will go in the top 10 rounds. Hunter may be the 1st WR taken

Well...when you put it that way...

Sorter 12-11-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9200823)
they are athletic, but they have stalled so many drives with bad drops it's not even funny. Bray wasn't Casseling the throws either, they were on the hands drops.

Interesting. I probably won't watch much film of them until I start looking at Bray but I'll keep it in mind.

gohogs14 12-11-2012 07:31 PM

They had a pretty good TE in Mychal Rivera too i think

Urc Burry 12-11-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9200825)
Well...when you put it that way...

Wow what the hell was going through my head. 2***

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-18-2012 04:52 PM

Shawn Zobel‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ

Word on the street is that Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is drawing rave reviews in his early pre-draft workouts. "His football IQ is amazing."

According to the source I spoke with, Tyler Wilson "would probably be starting" for a team like the Cardinals or Jets right now.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9222160)

Word on the street is that Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is drawing rave reviews in his early pre-draft workouts. "His football IQ is amazing."

According to the source I spoke with, Tyler Wilson "would probably be starting" for a team like the Cardinals or Jets right now.

Cool. Need a backup plan in case the Colts shit their pants.